Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+15
Phil-Good
Admin
Flip
Fennis Dembo
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Grizz
FlyDog
merc
Sissy1946
deusXango
cool breeze
frankied
Sebastian
19 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Sheed Comeback!?

Post  Flip Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:08 am

Rasheed Wallace is contemplating a comeback to the NBA, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Wallace, who retired after 15 seasons in 2010, has been working out and probing some close league friends about possible destinations to sign for the rest of the season, sources said.

At 6-foot-11, Wallace, 37, had been one of the most versatile and talented power forwards of his era. One league source who has talked with Wallace recently describes him as “serious” about a return to the NBA this season. Nevertheless, no teams contacted by Yahoo! Sports reported that they had any contact with Wallace, or his representative.

When reached on Friday, Wallace’s agent, Bill Strickland, would only tell Yahoo! Sports’ Marc Spears: “As a veteran player, [Wallace] knows what it takes to be reinstated.”

Wallace holds appeal for several contending teams, but all wonder about his shape and conditioning after sitting out 18 months. Wallace played 79 regular season games for the Celtics in his final year, but the organization never felt he truly got into playing shape until the playoff run to the NBA Finals in 2010. In a limited role, several GMs told Yahoo! they still believe his scoring and defending ability would probably be better than anyone else available to them.

One NBA GM with potential interest in signing Wallace said, “I’d be worried about his conditioning in a condensed season.”

In his 15 seasons with Washington, Portland, Atlanta, Detroit and Boston, Wallace averaged 14.6 points and 6.7 rebounds.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Fillin In For Rett

Post  WTF Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:13 am

banana Yeah Baby we almost won Boy! How you like us now I'm a dancing nana. Yep wpn shoot dat Baby and a foul on you fat heads Wise Fly Inc. We almost won dance Yeah now I'm just dancing and laughing out loud lol! you doom and gloomers mad....Yeah wait until we almost win against Charlotte finger wag don't be all on the Big Ben afro Wagon Yeah!!! guitar Rock and Roll Baby we're on our way now two thumps up for tb tb Joe Dumars rockon Rockon Baby Yeah!!!!! Yeah take this box take that box Wise Fly Inc the Pistons are DA BOMB cherry Boom in yo face lol Monroe and Knoght all night Basketball

Last edited by WISEFAN on Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Admin Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:28 am

WISEFAN wrote: banana Yeah Baby we almost won Boy! How you like us now I'm a dancing nana. Yep wpn shoot dat Baby and a foul on you fat heads Wise Fly Inc. We almost won dance Yeah now I'm just dancing and laughing out loud lol! you doom and gloomers mad....Yeah wait until we almost win against Charlotte finger wag don't be all on the Big Ben afro Wagon Yeah!!! guitar Rock and Roll Baby we're on our way now two thumps up for tb tb Joe Dumars rockon Rockon Baby Yeah!!!!! Yeah take this box take that box Wise Fly Inc the Pistons are DA BOMB cherry Boom in yo face lol Monroe and Knoght all night Basketball

lol

Admin
Admin

https://detroitsportstalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sissy1946 Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:35 am

Grizz wrote:
Sissy1946 wrote:
Flip wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
U seas I tooke the choc-co-lat & I mixes dem wit Jelli-fill-ed & I's gett Jelli-filled choc-co-lat, they B 99 sense purr donut, I may B given up mi daze job soon. Then u'z can find yalls own senter. Yors truey, Jelli-Joe Dumars.

Sissy .. That is a good one Very Happy Razz ... We dont need Joe to get bigger .. we need BIGS! especially vs this Knicks team ..
Thanks Flip but your still # 1 with this one, so a big hand clap To you. Jolly Joe Dumars should be Fired wpn. And when he does there will be a lot of dance Going on around here, maybe Laimbeer will come in & make us respectable again. Let's Keep Rockin' until then guitar. Hey Bartender give my friend Wise a Banana banana Daquiri over there on his fine rendition of his last post on how to keep us all laughing, well done Wise hehe. afro
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty MINIMAL CHAOS

Post  deusXango Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:42 am

frankied wrote:its amazing to think that stuckey could have such a stabilizing influence, but it looks like he really does add a calming presence to the team.
who woulda thunk it.
Rodney Stuckey is better than Ben Gordon overall. I'd rather see him start with Knight, but both he and Gordon are 6th men!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Ya See I Mixes the Roster Up Well

Post  Sissy1946 Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:46 am

[quote="Grizz"]
Sissy1946 wrote:The real issue is what Dumars is & has done to this team & you & Ellis & the rest of the boys are schills protecting him, your getting sickening to read, no one wants to trade with Detroit because they have nothing of value, let's hear it about that instead of Monroe accepts increased role, who gives a rats azz? Lets get down to the problem of this team & that is Joe "Jelly-Filled" Dumars, we need bigs on this team Vince, let's write about that instead & quit talking about stuff that don't even matter. This team stinks, you know it, we know it but still you try to enlighten us about garbage, why don't you write about how long Gores is going to tolerate him not showing up & making this team better, or how you as a sports writer can't keep writing about things that don't mean Schitt instead of the real truth about this team, you have to feel terrible if your any kind of sports writer, it's got to bother you so quit & start nailing Dumars who is singlehandedly destroying this team, jeeze, I will not go to see this crap basketball team play so quit trying to sugarcoat what they are, they suck so tell the truth.

THEIR HORROR IS REAL! SO BEWARE, PISTON FANS! See I mixes up a little Will Bynum with a little Maxi-Pads, sprinkle it with a little Prince, ya know I say a little cause we don't have a lot, then I bring a little Wilkens in the mix along with my Beans & Franks & walla we got ourselves a meal of a team, me ands Mr. Gores are getting weel tight so don't none of you start worrying about my exit, I's ain't going nowhere's. Ask me about my Cajun line up I'm working' on a little later, cheer for my Pistons & don't forgets to get your Buy 4 Get 5 package, te, he, he wpn

Last edited by Sissy1946 on Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Magnificent Game...

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:56 am

For Monroe & Knight.

Monroe was ridiculous, 32 points, 16 boards, 2 assists and 1 blocked shot!!!

2nd year players RARELY put up those kind of numbers unless they're on a trajectory to stardom!

It took Monroe a bit to get his mojo back, but it's back now! Give him a banging bigman, and this team will contend!

Which brings me to Knight, 20 points, 2 boards, 3 assists, and 1 blocked shot! Ok, he had 5 turns, but outside of that, those aren't rookie numbers!

This kid is learning fast, and once he gets it, the turns will drop, and the stats won't be representative of his impact on the game.

The bottom line is that we've got two good looking building blocks! EVERYBODY else, IMO, is expendable for the right deal!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:13 am

Woah, was not expecting to see Monroe knocking down mid range shots like this already... it opens up all kinds of posibilities... can just sag in the paint... as long as he doesn't turn into a CV or 3Sheed.

Aw man, we're in trouble now... Wise found the smileys... what a jocolor
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:31 am

merc wrote:Woah, was not expecting to see Monroe knocking down mid range shots like this already... it opens up all kinds of posibilities... can just sag in the paint... as long as he doesn't turn into a CV or 3Sheed.

Monroe really has no weakness offensively. I don't know how you guard him if you're a defender.

He's got great patience in the post and a sweet little hook shot with excellent footwork. If you press up on him, he blows by you and is an excellent finisher. If you back off him, he hits the 12-15 footer now. If you double him, he's one of the best passers in the league and finds the open man for lay-ups. If you foul him, he shoots FT's like a PG. And when he has a rare miss (59% FG), he seems to always get the rebound and put-back.

I don't think its a mistake so many great big men are having trouble guarding him this year. How do you guard a player like this?

It seems hard to believe he's so effective because of his lack of athleticism, in todays NBA where when you think of dominant you think of LeBron's athleticism, power, and speed. But Monroe just out-skills you. He's really looking like the 'Tim Duncan' of this next era of stars.

Great timing for this 32-16 game from Monroe, because the Pistons desparately needed something positive to happen. The most impressive thing might be that he only needed 16 shots to put up 32/16. Imagine if he started getting 20 shots a game? With his ridiculous FG%, he might be able to avg 25 pts/gm. Right now he's only getting 12/gm
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:51 am

got the milwaukee announcers on the feed i saw.
they loved monroe, but kept talking about the fact that he could be moved to the 4, and paired with a true 5 and really prosper.
basically lots of us have been saying.
they kept mentioning the hole in the middle on defense.
funny.
they see it.
posters see it.
somehow, joe doesn't see it.
i get the feeling that he thinks he has his center in monroe and that he wants to build a team with hybrid-type forwards like jj at the 4 and 3 spots. it makes sense, as he has never shown any interest in getting a bigger body to play next to monroe.
hope i am wrong, because monroe's best days will happen when he gets a true 5 playing next to him.

Last edited by frankied on Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:56 am

Twitter
Justin_Rogers Greg Monroe is the fifth youngest player in past 25 years to accomplish 32/16 behind LeBron, Shaq, Amar'e, Webber and Joe Johnson.

Nice company
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty A Loss but 2 big silver linings..

Post  Grizz Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:47 am

Didnt see the game ... just highlights and the boxscore.. and forum members analysis .. Gotta be happy about Monroe and Knight ... Credit to Dumars and Frank for getting them to up their game ... but other than those 2 .. pretty much every spot on the roster is a MISTAKE .. ERROR .. A CASE OF BAD JUDGMENT ... either in even being on the team in the first place and / or the salary is WAY OVER what a good GM would put out there .. or that player is simply playing the wrong position .. like JJ especially .. He is being worn out at PF .. pure and simple .. and it is a damn shame .. Now that Prince is on the team, a big mistake, I guess it would be better for JJ to split the time at the position with Tayshun than have him risk injury and poor development and fatigue at power forward .. Joe D has to get us another big on the floor .. Even 1 would make a big difference .. Otherwise .. we are destined for great lottery position ... I would normally hate losing but seeing Knight and Monroe developing into good star players, makes it easier to take .. and a few Ron Wallace's on the side toast ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Emoticons Gone Wild

Post  Grizz Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:49 am

WISEFAN wrote: banana Yeah Baby we almost won Boy! How you like us now I'm a dancing nana. Yep wpn shoot dat Baby and a foul on you fat heads Wise Fly Inc. We almost won dance Yeah now I'm just dancing and laughing out loud lol! you doom and gloomers mad....Yeah wait until we almost win against Charlotte finger wag don't be all on the Big Ben afro Wagon Yeah!!! guitar Rock and Roll Baby we're on our way now two thumps up for tb tb Joe Dumars rockon Rockon Baby Yeah!!!!! Yeah take this box take that box Wise Fly Inc the Pistons are DA BOMB cherry Boom in yo face lol Monroe and Knoght all night Basketball

Wise.. fun to see this ... Dont miss the Detroits Spews forum at all .. 1 step farther away from those half-ass writers ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Coach Frank says ..

Post  Grizz Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:56 am

"It's the NBA," Frank said when asked about the tough schedule. "I didn't realize until someone showed it to me, but we've played the toughest schedule in the NBA, strength of schedule.

Hmmm .. so which is it? The right attitude is to respect all opponents? Or the Pistons have been playing all these great teams like the Bucks, Pacers, or Cavs?I have a hard time believing the Pistons have had the toughest schedule ... One thing for sure .. there are NO teams we can ever be expected to beat this season .. Terrible signings thumbs down (by salary and talent and position) by Joe Dumar guarantee that .. facepalm
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Just Remember

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:59 am

The truth is out there... WAY out there, LOL!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty G-Mon

Post  Murph Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:14 am

Flip wrote:Monroe really has no weakness offensively. I don't know how you guard him if you're a defender.

He's got great patience in the post and a sweet little hook shot with excellent footwork. If you press up on him, he blows by you and is an excellent finisher. If you back off him, he hits the 12-15 footer now. If you double him, he's one of the best passers in the league and finds the open man for lay-ups. If you foul him, he shoots FT's like a PG. And when he has a rare miss (59% FG), he seems to always get the rebound and put-back.

I don't think its a mistake so many great big men are having trouble guarding him this year. How do you guard a player like this?...Monroe just out-skills you. He's really looking like the 'Tim Duncan' of this next era of stars.

Flip...excellent summary of Monroe's offensive skills.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Great Game From Knight and Monroe

Post  WTF Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:39 am

If Knight plays like he played last night the rest of the season I'll be excited. I was most impress that he got the 20 pts on 7 of 9 shooting and was 2 of 2 from the 3. This is what the shooting FG% should look like for a PG minus the TO though and of course I would like to see more assist. This was a performance that LB would have loved. Hopefully he's starting to settle down some "Good Job By Knight"

The other thing is that Frank has to continue giving both of them the same amount of PT he gave them last night and he also need to find away to keep Knight and Stuckey on the floor together and JJ has to get better defensively so that he can stay on the floor 30 pluse minutes. JJ has been a no show the last 9 games so far since having that great opening game.

I stop worrying about Monroe progressing last season he will be okay, but the sky can be the limit for him if Joe puts a solid defensive 7 footer next to him and move him to PF. Would like to see him hanging out with Akeem over the summer.

Yeah they loss last knight but they did it with a limited rotation playing only 7 players and when they do this they get a little consistency going with each other and as you can see they play better. JJ needs to be real careful as CV gets closer to coming back or he'll find himself on the short end of PT.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Iam Terrico White Piston Fans & I Got Screwed

Post  Sissy1946 Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:41 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] I could have really helped this team but Joe decided to let me go, aren't you fans tired of him releasing players or trading them away & getting nothing in return? afro
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Emoticons Gone Wild

Post  WTF Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:43 am

Grizz wrote:

Wise.. fun to see this ... Dont miss the Detroits Spews forum at all .. 1 step farther away from those half-ass writers ..

Grizz and Oracle I don't know what happened to me the Spirit of Rett must have gotten into me for a second.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Great one Sissy!

Post  Grizz Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:11 am

Sissy1946 wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link] I could have really helped this team but Joe decided to let me go, aren't you fans tired of him releasing players or trading them away & getting nothing in return? afro

Bow Down
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty thanks Flip ..

Post  Grizz Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:11 am

for adding all these cool emoticons! TT TT TT
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:16 am

Grizz wrote:for adding all these cool emoticons! TT TT TT

no prob tb
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty A Loss but 2 big silver linings..

Post  deusXango Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:51 am

After watching last nights game and digesting what I saw, a couple of thoughts hit me that I hope are true. smoke #1. was the growth shown by our rookie who's not played a dozen NBA games, and the apparent mental toughness displayed by Monroe as he went about his job (despite growing rumblings of his game shortcomings based on his "lack" of athtetcism). Two for two out of our last couple mid-lottery draft picks. No matter how well Monroe and Knight play this team is lottery bound and contending for the top pick. #2. is if three is a charm and Joe has convinced Mr. Gores to let this season play out, with the roster as is, we've got an excellent shot at Drummond or Davis. With that three headed monster of youngsters in the fold, all the moves we've been talking about making this year, Joe has also convinced Mr. Gores that it would be prudent to wait until next year to make. Our rebuild would become a serious reality, and a return to contention ala OKC.

That would mean this is a year of auditioning for roster spots for everyone but Monroe and Knight. It's alright with me. When you've got a collection of basketball clowns like our roster is made of, you don't have to tell them to tank the season, sucking comes naturally.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Stuckey and Knight

Post  Murph Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:01 am

Does anyone have an opinion on how successful a 2 combo guard starting line-up would be? Neither Stuckey nor Knight are pure PGs, by any stretch of the imagination. Both are score first PGs. However, both have played PG for the last several years, and both are decent, if not great, passers. Furthermore, offensively they compliment each other. While Stuckey can break-down the defense and score on drives, Knight has a great out-side shot (like Billups).

On the other end of the court, both are decent defenders, and Stuckey is big enough to guard most opposing 2s.

And to the Stuckey bashers...it should be noted that our only 2 wins of the season came with Stuckey playing the point.

IMO, a starting backcourt of Stuckey and Knight is our best option.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Very true

Post  Grizz Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:24 am

deusXango wrote:After watching last nights game and digesting what I saw, a couple of thoughts hit me that I hope are true. smoke #1. was the growth shown by our rookie who's not played a dozen NBA games, and the apparent mental toughness displayed by Monroe as he went about his job (despite growing rumblings of his game shortcomings based on his "lack" of athtetcism). Two for two out of our last couple mid-lottery draft picks. No matter how well Monroe and Knight play this team is lottery bound and contending for the top pick. #2. is if three is a charm and Joe has convinced Mr. Gores to let this season play out, with the roster as is, we've got an excellent shot at Drummond or Davis. With that three headed monster of youngsters in the fold, all the moves we've been talking about making this year, Joe has also convinced Mr. Gores that it would be prudent to wait until next year to make. Our rebuild would become a serious reality, and a return to contention ala OKC.

That would mean this is a year of auditioning for roster spots for everyone but Monroe and Knight. It's alright with me. When you've got a collection of basketball clowns like our roster is made of, you don't have to tell them to tank the season, sucking comes naturally.

DX, good observations ... and very hopefully ones..... My initial reaction is .. I still dont want to credit Dumars with the picks of Knight and Monroe .. which might be very unfair .. I just dont trust the guy anymore .. Signing CV, Ben G, Rip, Prince, Jmax, and even Stuckey .. to those high salary too long duration .. means Joe has not really learned what he is doing ... And I am afraid he will screw it up big time later .. in any number of ways .. Too sad .. but even a disastrous season might likely not push Dumars out .. but .. on 2nd thought . would a very low attendace season do that?! Lets hope so! hehe
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next