Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+16
Sissy1946
Rett
Murph
Sparma
Fennis Dembo
Linwood
g-man
Oracle
WTF
FlyDog
frankied
Sebastian
merc
cool breeze
deusXango
Grizz
20 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sebastian Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:13 pm

deusXango wrote:As strange it may seem, last nights game was the most satisfying loss of this miserable season. High scoring, history making, excitement, and a last second come from behind win for the Nuggets, or Pistons West if you will. Drop another ball in the hopper please. Joe Dumars had to be pleased as he's done his best to fortify the talent base of the Nuggets over the last few years, and it seems to be paying off.

We gave them Aaron Afflalo to sign Chris Wilcox who gave us 60 mediocre games over two years. Afflalo starts, is the leader of the team, and is the player who made a fool out of his high priced replacement on the Pistons last night, thus off-setting a stunning performance. Joe bypassed Ty Lawson a PG we desparately needed, in favor of Austin Daye, a player? we didn't need and can't fit in today. DNP coaches decision. The one with the sad and confused look on his face last night. The "Michigan Men?" There was no sincere effort made to acquire Wilson Chandler who appears able to out perform Tayshaun Prince in his sleep on a nightly basis, but there were convenient excuses, and as long as they hold out no moves will be made! And then there is the "dummy" JaVale McGee, who Fat Joe should have been pursueing since last years trading period, who only wanted to come home and play, with the game on the line (literally), pulling off an athletic move to get around Greg Monroe (who he should be paired with on the Pistons), and making one savy basketball move to put the game away for his team. "Welcome to Denver JaVale," says Aaron, Ty, Wilson, and somewhere on his sofa watching that "game" Chauncey Billips.

So true, DX. mad
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Charlie Villanueva tweaked an ankle during practice Tuesday. What a shock!

Post  Fennis Dembo Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:13 pm

Charlie Villanueva tweaked an ankle during practice Tuesday. What does this really mean?
(A Biff Burns Top Ten List)
10. The guy is a super hypochondriac.
9. A voodoo momma put a curse on him.
8. Coach Frank wouldn’t let him play even if he had three good ankles.
7. He wants to transfer to another school.
6. Joe Dumars is trying to get Charlie into the witness protection program.
5. Who wants to start a pool on when his next injury will happen?
4. If you look up déjà vu in the dictionary, you will see Charlie V’s picture.
3. He thinks that any day that ends in y is unlucky.
2. Doctor Scholls dropped his sponsorship.
1. I am not sharing my walker with him again.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Looks like I picked the wrong week...

Post  Oracle Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:00 pm

To be trading Ben Gordon!

WTF did he eat? It certainly wasn't CV's nuts... he don't have any!

Is Ben Gordon showing just enough leg for Joe to keep him, or more likely just enough to get his value back up for a trade?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Charlie Villanueva tweaked an ankle during practice Tuesday. What a shock!

Post  Oracle Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:04 pm

Fennis Dembo wrote:Charlie Villanueva tweaked an ankle during practice Tuesday. What does this really mean?

Maybe the flab between his two jelly thighs threw him off balance!

I don't care how he tweaked it, I just hope he trips out the nearest door to another resting spot, or as CV puts it, another teams bench!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:15 pm

Oracle wrote:
Fennis Dembo wrote:Charlie Villanueva tweaked an ankle during practice Tuesday. What does this really mean?

Maybe the flab between his two jelly thighs threw him off balance!

I don't care how he tweaked it, I just hope he trips out the nearest door to another resting spot, or as CV puts it, another teams bench!
That should put him out for the rest of 2012... now he'll have time to purchase a years worth of tampons.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:31 pm

NOOOooo!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Who would you take Ben Gordon or Arron Affalo sports fans?

Post  cool breeze Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:36 pm

I wonder who Dumars would take right now. He most likely would say, naw I still like Ben Gordon because Affalo has a limited skill set. A friend told me that Dumars made that statement once. Last night we watched Ben Gordon play his best game shooting the lights out but the Pistons still lost. I watched his interview after the game trying to explain why he committed that silly foul at the end. "My teammates said foul him. I should have listened to myself and let him go for the 2 point shot. That would mean the Pistons would still have the lead. The announcers said, Affalo is a real leader. He makes so many critical plays on both offense and defense". Sure enough, that is what Affalo did all through his career. It was no mistake that his high school teams were good or that UCLA was a tough out in the NCAA tournament. Detroit had him. I was so excited when the Pistons drafted him. He is so level headed and out works everyone in the off season. Affalo is a symbol of consistancy. Our Ben Gordon will have a game once a season like last night. However, even when that happens he is a liability on defense. My point in this post entry how can anyone expect that Joe Dumars has any ability to lead this Piston organization if he doesn't know the players in the NBA. We could have an amazing back court with Knight, Stuckey and Affalo. Affalo makes every player better. Now Dumars might believe that he made all the right choices. He will keep Bynum and Gordon for another season after that game. If Detroit had Affalo right now and could obtain a quality big man, our Pistons would compete with any team in the league. Dumars has made many key mistakes and giving the bogus excuse that he couldn't sign Affalo because of money issues is as bad of an excuse as the excuse Gordon made after he committed that stupid foul at the end of last night's game. Would anyone rate Ben Gordon as having a high basketball IQ? He is smart when contract time comes around but in my opinion he lacks what it takes to help a team win big games consistantly. So why in hell did Joe make him the highest paid athlete on this Piston team?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:39 pm

Sebastian wrote:
deusXango wrote:As strange it may seem, last nights game was the most satisfying loss of this miserable season. High scoring, history making, excitement, and a last second come from behind win for the Nuggets, or Pistons West if you will. Drop another ball in the hopper please. Joe Dumars had to be pleased as he's done his best to fortify the talent base of the Nuggets over the last few years, and it seems to be paying off.

We gave them Aaron Afflalo to sign Chris Wilcox who gave us 60 mediocre games over two years. Afflalo starts, is the leader of the team, and is the player who made a fool out of his high priced replacement on the Pistons last night, thus off-setting a stunning performance. Joe bypassed Ty Lawson a PG we desparately needed, in favor of Austin Daye, a player? we didn't need and can't fit in today. DNP coaches decision. The one with the sad and confused look on his face last night. The "Michigan Men?" There was no sincere effort made to acquire Wilson Chandler who appears able to out perform Tayshaun Prince in his sleep on a nightly basis, but there were convenient excuses, and as long as they hold out no moves will be made! And then there is the "dummy" JaVale McGee, who Fat Joe should have been pursueing since last years trading period, who only wanted to come home and play, with the game on the line (literally), pulling off an athletic move to get around Greg Monroe (who he should be paired with on the Pistons), and making one savy basketball move to put the game away for his team. "Welcome to Denver JaVale," says Aaron, Ty, Wilson, and somewhere on his sofa watching that "game" Chauncey Billips.

Maybe Dumars will now hire Dick Vitalle to be his personal advisor. Fire Dumars before the draft please!

So true, DX. mad

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Aaron Afflalo

Post  Grizz Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:56 pm

Yes, some of us worship at the AA Altar every day TT ... Count me in ... Rites next week include burning in oil 24 boxes of Crispy Cremes, jelly filled ..
finger wag Sorry Joe .. but you are NOT allowed to eat the burned sacrifice after we finish!

Last edited by Grizz on Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Betrayal

Post  Grizz Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:59 pm

FlyDog wrote:Mr. Bayer........;-) I feel betrayed.

Hi Flydog,.... smoke It is all in the cause of making Goodwill and Frank listen to us ... Goodwill seems to be .. and he has written better articles .. He challenged Frank about Monroe not getting enough shots in the past few games .. Hey, Even, The Dark Knight batman would give us his secret identity to get that done!
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Michigan State

Post  Oracle Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:34 pm

I'm watching this game, and I'm in total shock.

I hope they pull this one out, but this is the first time I've seen a Izzo coached team choking!

They just haven't been themselves all game, and I really don't get it!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty CHANDLER PARSONS

Post  deusXango Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:29 am

"Tonight, his statline was once again very solid in a 109-83 win over Golden State. His stats looked a little like this: 20 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists on 50 FG% and 50 3-Pt%. For this year, he is averaging 8.6 PPG, 4.6 RPG, 2.1 APG, 1.1 SPG, and 0.6 BPG while playing 26 MPG. He is currently shooting at 47% from the floor. However, he is struggling shooting the 3-ball and from the charity stripe. He's shooting only 32% from downtown and 46% from the line."
-NBADRAFT.NET

Wheather one puts credence in nbadraft.net or any of it's posters, numbers don't lie. I know now that Chandler Parsons would have been a better pick than Kyle Singler, if for no other reason, he's playing in the NBA and Singler ain't! The up-shot of this is, I'd rather have him on the Pistons as apart of our rebuild effort than Tayshaun Prince. He's younger, would be cheaper, and his upside is far greater than Tay's ceiling! Blew a'nuddin Joe.

Once we get over the fascination with the occasional "thunder dunk", as performed by Jason Maxiell, or at least George Blaha gets a hold of himself, we can open our minds up to a special player like Royce White. Younger, cheaper, and an all around superior player compared to Maxiell. Would be a great addition to our team if Joe had traded some unused "talent" for an additonal first round pick. Just throwing things up against the wall.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Draft Express

Post  Murph Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:09 am

Draft Express has a mock draft that's very different from NBA Draft Net.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

DX has John Henson going 8th in the draft. So if Joe took Henson at #7, that would NOT be a stretch. And at this point, I'd take Henson over Perry Jones, Tyler Zeller, Terrence Jones, Meyers Leonard and all the rest of the big men that will be available in the draft, according to DX.

Also, DX has Furkan Aldemir available at #37, and Henry Sims available to us at #46. Come on Joe, draft some big men.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Celtics To Sign Ryan Hollins

Post  Sebastian Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:34 am

The Celtics are desperate for big man help. I wonder if they would have given US their second 2012 1st round pick for Maxey.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty NBA Draft

Post  Phil-Good Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:40 pm

Telling you right now Piston fans. I'm not passing on J.Lamb, A.Rivers or any sure fire guard for A big guy like Andre Drummond who is just looking for A pay day. Not going to do it if I was the GM.

I know the Pistons need A big man like yesterday but even more then that the Pistons need A really good big man who wants to work hard, practice hard and play hard night in and night out.

I'm not impressed with A lot of bigs in this draft. So if I'm Joe A trade is really high on my list for this draft.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Piston's Sucking Air

Post  Sissy1946 Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:47 pm

Princessa & Gordon with 3 turnovers a piece right before the half, Bynum Ball Hogging as usual, Brandon can't get the ball to Gordon who's 2-6 with 5 points, Pistons down 21 & really STINKIN' it up, fans should just get up & walk off, there's no hustle, no spark, no desire, Maxiell shooting shots that are way beyond his ability, Maxi-Pads, just get the rebounds & the put backs, you have no business being in the flow of this offense, I would take them out & replace them with the subs on the bench for being lackluster & not even showing that they give a Schitt, I don't care if it's against Baby Bron's team or not, this is insulting to even watch, I'm friggin' out, boy! Talk about a Stinkin' team, & there at home too, walk out the door fans. I would demand my money back watching this pee wee basketball team. Thanks Discount Double Cheeks Joe Joe 59-36 at the half, Oh that's not so bad says Double Cheeks, give me another box of Jelly-Filled Chocolates. We came back the other day & we can do it again.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Them Piston Fans are Fools

Post  Sissy1946 Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:05 pm

Joe Joe Wassup Piston Fans, How ya like me now? I ain't going nowhere regardless whether I make a trade or not, I've got Gores under my thumb but most of all I've got you Pee-On's into believing we don't need any bigs or have to make any trades, I pretty much can run this team into the ground & I've still got you people sticking up for me because of the Championship I brought you In 2004 & all the conference title runs we had, I'll be here until I'm ready to give it up & yes we will suck & you will tolerate it. What happened the last 3 years is not my fault & it's Karen Davidson's & you all know it, Man! See how easy it is to buffalo you's guy's? I promise I will stay on the phones & get us some bigs & get us Chris Kaman, NOT! Yuk! Yuk! Ha! Ha! Ha! You will now send me more Krispy Kreme's NOW! You are under my Jelly-Filled Spell. Yours Truely, Twinkle Toes, Double Cheeks Joe Dumars. hehe queen pom pom dance banana Yea, What he said, me & Vince Goodwill agree. rerun Kuester Me Too says Q Joe And so do all the Millions & Millions. Of my fans. Hit it guys. TT Bow Down
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty The Detroit Pistons ...

Post  Grizz Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:48 pm

do not even consider the post game to be important ... just an after thought I suppose .. Jump shot .. jump shot .. jump shot .. clang ... clang .. .. clang ... Disgusted with this Heat Game .. only saw the 4th quarter but ... Wilkins and Wallace in the game at the same frickin time?! Coach Frank is losing a lot of basketball IQ in my eyes .. Monroe 5 shots for the game ... ?! Stupidity at its finest ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Gores at It Again for Halftime Happenings at the Palace

Post  Sissy1946 Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:00 pm

Guess he's got "Trini Lopez" & the Group of "Old People That Fart A Lot" coming in, also heard they are going to have a group of Impersonating Imposters who fool people into thinking they are are President & GM of a Pro Basketball Team, Guest will be "Fat Joe". "John Kuester" & also "Michael Curry" will both be guests & give some brief comments on how to steal money from your boss's all in the name of Holding People Accountable, it ought to be a gas & I can't wait to see the "Old People That Fart" segment Briing your Whoope Cushions guys. hehe
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty The Real Notes and Quotes from the Miami game

Post  Fennis Dembo Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:29 pm

The Real Notes and Quotes from the Miami game not the stuff we get from the beat writers - by Biff Burns

Biff Burns: The Pistons fell behind by 26 points to the Miami Heat, cut the lead to 9, but ended up losing by fifteen 88-73. It was the fewest points that Miami has allowed this season. Pistons’ points were as scarce as toupees on Donald Trump’s head.

Biff Burns: Rodney Stuckey did not play again with a toe problem.
Stuckey: I think I got too close to Charlie V in the locker room and caught what ever he has. I think they call it rumpsha gumpsha or something like that.

Biff Burns: Austin Daye, who hasn’t played since March 10th played 8 minutes and had 6 points. Many fans did not recognize him because of his lack of playing time and shouted “Who dat?” when he entered the game.

Biff Burns: Ben Gordon had only 10 points after scoring 45 the game before. He was often double teamed.
Ben Gordon: Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you.

The Three Goats Of The Game:
1. Jason Maxiel - zero points in 26+ minutes
2. Ben Gordon - plus/minus of minus 23
3. Greg Monroe - five points in 23 minutes

As part of the “Motown Celebration” Vernors Ginger Ale and Stroh’s beer was half price at the concession stands. The Temptations sang and dedicated “Beauty’s Only Skin Deep” to Joe Dumars and all the homely people in the crowd.

Joe Dumars: Hey Biff, did Mr. Gores have that crazed look in his eyes again when we were getting trounced?
Biff Burns: I don’t know if I would describe it as crazed. He had the same look on his face that my uncle Fester had the time he got too close to the campfire and his shorts caught on fire. It was sort of a fear and loathing type thing.

Biff Burns: The Pistons are off to “The Big Apple”. I’ll say hi to Spike Lee at Madison Square Garden from all you Pistons’ fans. Auf Wiedersehen (Goodbye in German).

Last edited by Fennis Dembo on Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty larry "little napoleon" frank...

Post  frankied Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:41 pm

Grizz wrote:do not even consider the post game to be important ... just an after thought I suppose .. Jump shot .. jump shot .. jump shot .. clang ... clang .. .. clang ... Disgusted with this Heat Game .. only saw the 4th quarter but ... Wilkins and Wallace in the game at the same frickin time?! Coach Frank is losing a lot of basketball IQ in my eyes .. Monroe 5 shots for the game ... ?! Stupidity at its finest ..
i'm telling you...frank's rotations are a recipe for mediocrity.
he's always "sending messages" to guys, rather than trying to put them out there to let them play and get better.
he's done it to austin daye all year, despite the clear need for the kind of scoring he'd probably be able to give the team.
he's sat monroe for long stretches and benched him during crunch time a couple of games, the only apparent reason being that he wanted to send him a message.
good coaches will work with guys and get them to play their way.
its a bobby knight approach.
funny, he also was an assistant under both kevin o'neill and brian hill, two other assistants who got a shot at the head coaching job, but couldn't last because players don't respond to their dictatorial way of trying to run the team.
since stuckey has been out, the team has been pounded because of their midget backcourt.
daye could help, with his size and rebounding.
it's just dumb to keep burying him and an indication of bad coaching.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:34 pm

frankied wrote:
Grizz wrote:do not even consider the post game to be important ... just an after thought I suppose .. Jump shot .. jump shot .. jump shot .. clang ... clang .. .. clang ... Disgusted with this Heat Game .. only saw the 4th quarter but ... Wilkins and Wallace in the game at the same frickin time?! Coach Frank is losing a lot of basketball IQ in my eyes .. Monroe 5 shots for the game ... ?! Stupidity at its finest ..
i'm telling you...frank's rotations are a recipe for mediocrity.
he's always "sending messages" to guys, rather than trying to put them out there to let them play and get better.
he's done it to austin daye all year, despite the clear need for the kind of scoring he'd probably be able to give the team.
he's sat monroe for long stretches and benched him during crunch time a couple of games, the only apparent reason being that he wanted to send him a message.
good coaches will work with guys and get them to play their way.
its a bobby knight approach.
funny, he also was an assistant under both kevin o'neill and brian hill, two other assistants who got a shot at the head coaching job, but couldn't last because players don't respond to their dictatorial way of trying to run the team.
since stuckey has been out, the team has been pounded because of their midget backcourt.
daye could help, with his size and rebounding.

While I agree that Detroit needs at least one big guard, I disagree that Daye is the answer. We needed a guy like Affalo who is one of the best guard defenders in the game today. Dumars let him go because he didn't think playing defense was important. You cannot continue to make so many mistakes as Dumars has done and expect to have a successful team. We have Gordon and Daye in the backcourt who are about the two worst defenders in the NBA. Daye would be at the end of every bench in the NBA right now. His own teammates do not respect him as a defender. I agree with Frank's decisons much of the time. He is just not going to give playing time to players who do not buy in to giving extreme effort on defense. I think that Daye just doesn't have the tools to ever become an effective guard or small forward in the NBA. Just watch his foot speed during games. The only way he can make it will be to gain more weight and be able to learn the power forward position. He is quick to the ball and could become a terrific rebounder if his attitude changes and his body becomes moe powerful. However, Daye was the weak link on his college team where the coach had to hide him on defense. His coach became very frustrated with Daye's lack of interest in doing the little things that takes work so as to improve a team. He never improved as a defender in college and his teammates were not happy with his effort most of the time. They couldn't play man to man defense with Daye on the court. I like what I see this season regarding the effort that is being given by Piston players on defense. Daye should have been the odd guy out rather than Chase Budinger. Budinger struggled at times during his college career on defense but he played so much better in every area of the game than Daye did at draft time the year both of them were drafted by Dumars. I am hopeful that Dumars can somehow obtain Kamen during the summer and draft a bigger guard in the first round who can play defense well. Then draft a big in the second round say maybe Gordon out of New Mexico. However, if Drummond is available I guess Dumars would have to take a chance on him although I am not impressed with his attitude or ability based on his play over the last half of this season. He might turn out to be a slug like many other guys Dumars has signed. I like Ross as a shooting guard out of Washington or his teammate who was the freshman point guard on Washington this season. The Pistons need new blood in the backcourt for sure.
it's just dumb to keep burying him and an indication of bad coaching.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:53 pm

deusXango wrote:"Tonight, his statline was once again very solid in a 109-83 win over Golden State. His stats looked a little like this: 20 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists on 50 FG% and 50 3-Pt%. For this year, he is averaging 8.6 PPG, 4.6 RPG, 2.1 APG, 1.1 SPG, and 0.6 BPG while playing 26 MPG. He is currently shooting at 47% from the floor. However, he is struggling shooting the 3-ball and from the charity stripe. He's shooting only 32% from downtown and 46% from the line."
-NBADRAFT.NET

Wheather one puts credence in nbadraft.net or any of it's posters, numbers don't lie. I know now that Chandler Parsons would have been a better pick than Kyle Singler, if for no other reason, he's playing in the NBA and Singler ain't! The up-shot of this is, I'd rather have him on the Pistons as apart of our rebuild effort than Tayshaun Prince. He's younger, would be cheaper, and his upside is far greater than Tay's ceiling! Blew a'nuddin Joe.

Once we get over the fascination with the occasional "thunder dunk", as performed by Jason Maxiell, or at least George Blaha gets a hold of himself, we can open our minds up to a special player like Royce White. Younger, cheaper, and an all around superior player compared to Maxiell. Would be a great addition to our team if Joe had traded some unused "talent" for an additonal first round pick. Just throwing things up against the wall.

deusXango Chander Parsons looked like a special player last summer in the combine before the draft. He played there like he had something to prove and has continued doing things well this season. Still, I think that Kyle Singler is a player who would have really helped Detroit win games this year. He does a lot of things really well and those things are team orientated extra effort plays that sometimes do not show up in the stats. He has always been a winner. My bet is that Singler coming off the bench for Prince would have added better defense, passing and better shooting which we have not gotten from the current backup. My question is will Singler play for Detroit next season or is he history as far as the Pistons are concerned? Detroit has let a lot of quality players go without getting much of anything in return. I do know that coach Sean Miller of Arizona sure thought that Singler was one of the best college players in the country last year before Arizona played Duke in the Sweet 16. Arizona's entire defensive scheme was constructed to stop Singler not Kyle Irving. Singler was MVP in the finals in his junior year. If you are not an extremely good player, you do not win that award. Singler plays great defense and that is what Frank likes in a player. I sure hope he plays for Detroit next season. Either trade Daye or give him some body building powder and make him into a power forward. Bring in Singler and see what he can do.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty patric young..

Post  frankied Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:02 pm

he reminds me of a young ben wallace.
not quite as athletic or explosive, but he has the same body, some of the same strength.
i'd like to see how he measures out, and if he measures out to a legitimate 6'9", at least, i'd definitely consider him for a mid to late first round choice. he looks like he's going to be a pretty good rebounder/defender in the nba.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty daye not the answer defensively....

Post  frankied Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:11 pm

no, daye is not the pistons' defensive answer at the guard spot. what they need, and it was so ironic against denver, is a guy like afflalo...a big, physical defensive-oriented guard. daye certainly isn't that guard.
but he can help , especially while stuckey is out, simply because of his size. last night, miami pounded detroit's midget guards, posting their guards and even bringing battier into the game as a guard, seemingly just to let him post up on bynum. he probably couldn't do that with daye.
also, the pistons have been getting pounded on the boards the last couple of games. seems like part of the scouting report is to just attack the boards because of detroit's lack of size.
daye is a good rebounder, even with his slight frame.
stuckey's absence has shown what a huge hole the backcourt has...they literally don't have anyone to defend bigger guards with stuckey out. with all the combo guards on the team you'd think they'd have at least one other bigger guard, but joe has fallen in love with undersized combo guards and it is killing the team now.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next