Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+13
Fennis Dembo
Grizz2
lemonpen
Phil-Good
deusXango
Grizz
merc
Sebastian
cool breeze
Oracle
Murph
frankied
WTF
17 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty WASTED PICK; IDIOTIC RE-SIGNING

Post  deusXango Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:20 pm

lemonpen wrote:
deusXango wrote:I agree that JMax could have severely punished 95% of the SF's in the league, had he been matched up against them, but as I remember it he was always touted as the next Ben Wallace (where that sh!t came from, I dunno).

After watching the flashback video supplied by Oracle, I realized why I could never get into Maxey; Bernard King? Adrian Dantley? Corliss Williamson? Charles Barkley? Wes Unseld? Dave Cowans? Mark Aquirre? Who can I compare him to? Which of these undersized beasts in the paint can I say he honestly remind me of? Honestly, in my heart-of-hearts!

I've not been impressed with his ballhandling skills, passing ability (or willingness to pass), foot speed, ability to finish at the rim, other than the occasional "thunder dunk" (which always brought to mind the Michael Curry left-handed dunk for some reason), or his ability to defend SF's.
I'm with you Wise, Daye over Maxiell. His ceiling remains higher than Maxey's, and he fits better in a rebuild effort than Maxiell does.

I thought you had to have some moves, and not bobble every entry pass, and have a shooting touch, and make more than every other free throw to be capable of punishing someone in the post. Dare I say JMax plataued several seasons ago as a decent offensive rebounder and a tough man2man defender.

Lemon, I was being factious with the "95% of the SF's in the league" line. If ever there was a draft pick that should have been traded for other considerations, if Maxey was the best we could do, that was it. I totally agree with your assessment of JMax.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty RE: Trade Tay, Maggette, and Will B.

Post  WTF Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:53 pm

Rudy is over-paid and he's not top notch. Josh Smith is a far better choice and better fit if we were hunting SF's.

The problem with Rudy is he needs the ball in his hands far too much. You can get the same point production from Smith with far less touches and Smith a better defender and rebounder. If I had to give up 16 million I would rather give it to Josh.

I know you love Gay but he does not fit this team.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty OUR SF position: What do you guys and gals think?

Post  Sebastian Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:02 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Rudy is over-paid and he's not top notch. Josh Smith is a far better choice and better fit if we were hunting SF's.

The problem with Rudy is he needs the ball in his hands far too much. You can get the same point production from Smith with far less touches and Smith a better defender and rebounder. If I had to give up 16 million I would rather give it to Josh.

Yo, Wise, okay I hear you. It appears that WE do agree that there needs to be a significant upgrade at OUR SF spot. Agreed?

And, if you were Joe you would get Danny Ferry on the horn. Josh Smith would do for me, too, even though I think that Rudy is the guy that WE should seek.

I do respect your point of view.

I curious to learn how OUR other friends feel about OUR SF position, as it stands today on the eve of OUR first preseason game and what would they do to "correct" the situation.

So, once again for the 50th time: I would like for Joe to move Tay, Maggette, and Daye to Memphis for Rudy Gay and have Jerebko back-up Rudy, toss in Charlie V. when needed.

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty THE CURE WE NEED

Post  deusXango Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:10 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Rudy is over-paid and he's not top notch. Josh Smith is a far better choice and better fit if we were hunting SF's.

Smith a better defender and rebounder. If I had to give up 16 million I would rather give it to Josh.

Wise, do you think we can actually get J-Smooth? That is truly my #1 choice to bring onto this team; I like the thought of having a big man cadre of Monroe, Smith, Drummond, Kravstov, and Jerebko......we are talking about playing in the Eastern Conference, aren't we?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Sebastian and DX

Post  WTF Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:22 pm

DX have Josh immediately place us a 4th seed if were looking at Knight, Monroe, Stuckey, Drummond and Smith starting. Replacing Smith for Gay keeps us at barely making the playoffs. Gay will immediately take away from everyone game so we might as well keep Tay and let him black hole the ball for 7 million a season oppose to giving 16 million to Gay.

If Gay was Melo or Lebron that's one thing, but he's not. Smith kinda remind me of Sheed not the game but just the whole feel of him being on the team would seem right.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty TONIGHTS GAME

Post  deusXango Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:47 pm

The pre-season starts tonight, and after all the ballyho that's come out of training camp, what'll the rotation look like? Will we be taking the approach of the beginning of the regular season, or will the fans be given some excitement by watching the young'uns (which we won't when the games really count). Does anyone think that useful purpose will be served by running out the "grizzled vets" like we're fighting for a playoff spot?

I want to see Kravstov and Drummond at center, playing along side Monroe at PF. I wanna see it early in the pre-season, not late. I'd like to see what Flynn and T-Will look like playing PG with the 2nd unit, I already know what Bynum looks like. Gimme some Middleton, or English, or Singler please. I've been excited about these guys all summer, and it would be a shame to start the year with last years rotation. Subliminal suggestion to what end?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty WISE FAN

Post  deusXango Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:51 pm

WISEFAN wrote:DX have Josh immediately place us a 4th seed if were looking at Knight, Monroe, Stuckey, Drummond and Smith starting. Replacing Smith for Gay keeps us at barely making the playoffs. Gay will immediately take away from everyone game so we might as well keep Tay and let him black hole the ball for 7 million a season oppose to giving 16 million to Gay.

If Gay was Melo or Lebron that's one thing, but he's not. Smith kinda remind me of Sheed not the game but just the whole feel of him being on the team would seem right.

scratch ?!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Joe needs to correct OUR SF situation and quick!

Post  Sebastian Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:18 pm

Wise, I may concede that your rationale makes sense. Josh is a better defender than Rudy. And, I will have to agree with DX, Josh Smith does offer that 'Sheed quality.

So, Joe needs to get Danny Ferry on the phone and offer Tay and Maggette for Josh Smith, because everybody and their grandma knows that the Hawks are not going to max Josh, when his contract ends.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Sorry DX

Post  WTF Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:42 pm

deusXango wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:DX have Josh immediately place us a 4th seed if were looking at Knight, Monroe, Stuckey, Drummond and Smith starting. Replacing Smith for Gay keeps us at barely making the playoffs. Gay will immediately take away from everyone game so we might as well keep Tay and let him black hole the ball for 7 million a season oppose to giving 16 million to Gay.

scratch ?!

Should have read "Having Josh immediately makes us a 4th seed in the playoffs"
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Game Not Televised

Post  WTF Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:49 pm

That Sucks!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Game is on FSNHD

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:23 pm

What up People, Im Back! It was supposed to be on NBA Basketall but I get FSNHD in Battle Creek so NBA Basketball I'm blacked out, I heard the first 6 pre-season games are on FSNHD because of the Red Wings not playing, well that works for me. Haven't seen Singler, English, Middleton or Kraftsov yet but have seen to much of Prince & Maxiell, Drummond looked pretty good, Charley V was okay, Liked Maggette also, Pistons not playing any defense, Pistons down 79-78 in the 3rd with 1:22 to play.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Pistons Win

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:14 pm

Pistons win 101-99, Drummond 6-8 looked pretty damn good, Singler finally got in with 6 minutes left in the 4th, Kraftsov, English, Middleton & Daye didn't play. Drummond scores game winning basket, put him in to start the season, use Kraftsov to back him up, trade or release Maxi-Pads, he's like a Time-Release Capsule, we don't need him. Let these kids play. Pistons are back on FSNHD Saturday night against the Raptors again. Things looking up, but still need to play the others, I want to see this Kraftsov kid play, heard he's a monster on the boards & gets a lot of blocks. And shofar so good with no word on whether Ben Wallace will play, I say sign him as a coach to help Drummond & Kraftsov but absolutely he doesn't play.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Thanks for the game info Sissy ... Drummond good news is great news ..

Post  Grizz2 Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:21 am

Sissy1946 wrote:Pistons win 101-99, Drummond 6-8 looked pretty damn good, Singler finally got in with 6 minutes left in the 4th, Kraftsov, English, Middleton & Daye didn't play. Drummond scores game winning basket, put him in to start the season, use Kraftsov to back him up, trade or release Maxi-Pads, he's like a Time-Release Capsule, we don't need him. Let these kids play. Pistons are back on FSNHD Saturday night against the Raptors again. Things looking up, but still need to play the others, I want to see this Kraftsov kid play, heard he's a monster on the boards & gets a lot of blocks. And shofar so good with no word on whether Ben Wallace will play, I say sign him as a coach to help Drummond & Kraftsov but absolutely he doesn't play.
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty I am not feeling it .. JOSH at MAX?

Post  Grizz2 Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:33 am

Sebastian wrote:

Wise, I may concede that your rationale makes sense. Josh is a better defender than Rudy. And, I will have to agree with DX, Josh Smith does offer that 'Sheed quality.

So, Joe needs to get Danny Ferry on the phone and offer Tay and Maggette for Josh Smith, because everybody and their grandma knows that the Hawks are not going to max Josh, when his contract ends.

Guys .. Josh is not worth 16 million either .. wait for a better GM move than that .. Josh did NOT do anything so special with the Hawks .. You want 16 million .. you better be close to LBJ or Kobe Bryant or Durrant .... No more ball and chain moves where we over pay like we did for Ben G ... Lets keep the focus on developing ... Would rather get good and promsing young SFs in here and develop them than sign a money black hole ..... Look at NJ Nets and D Will .. Losers are not worth 16 million ever ... Go young .. If we were on the verge on contention .. you could over pay a little but we are not .. Waiting to make a move for the next very good SF makes more sense .. .. or trying to get get young ones we can develop .. are smarter moves .. I think Joe thinks the same ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty SISSY! Welcome back to the House of Wild-Eyed Opinion

Post  deusXango Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:34 am

The season is cranking up[Only admins are allowed to see this image]I'll take what Drummond did last night over Maxiell's any day production; some nights he's gonna suck, maybe, but some nights he's gonna be "All World." Now let's see Slava Kravstov.

Glad to see you back on board Sissy!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty pistons - raptors highlights

Post  Grizz2 Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:07 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

pistons - raptors highlights
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Dre looks solid.

Post  Phil-Good Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:49 am

I am very happy to see A big man play like one.

I'm not A fan of his flick jump shot at all. The coaches really need to get him out of the female release shot.

I'm happy to see the kid block shots, rebound, plug up the paint and finish strong around the rim.

If he does that all season long I'm A happy Piston fan tb tb

GO PISTONS!!! banana
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  frankied Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:13 am

drummond looked exactly like you'd expect: raw, but with lots of potential.
unfortunately, the game played out like last season and it looks like frank is simply going to go with the same basic line up he played last season - with a couple of minor additions - and try to sneak into the playoffs with that core.
i will be pleasantly surprised if any of the youngsters - other than drummond - even sniff the court. and i don't expect drummond to play more than about 10-12 minutes a game.
nice to see the guys back out on the court again.
and a shout out to all the fellas, once again. pistons' BB is back on the tube.
btw, found a great website that has all of the games: vipbox.tv.
it has everything - lions, tigers, pistons, wings - and hardly ever any problems with the stream.
so, for any of the other folks outside the broadcast area, that is definitely a very good option.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty RE

Post  Phil-Good Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:51 am

Good Post Frankie D. tb

I'm fine with Drummonds playing 12 to 15 min per game for the first 20 games of the NBA Season.

As of today B.K.7, Stuckey, Prince, Mad Max and Moose are the best starting 5 for this team for now.

If the young guys want P.T then show IT in practice! Then show me that your always ready to play when guys are in foul trouble. Take it! Earn IT!!! No reason to rush these young boys into the mix.

I really like the foul machine, Corey Maggette. I think he is going to really help this Pistons team. And this vet knows how to get to the line all day long. That's going to really help Detroit big time!

All I can say about B.K.7 is WOW! This kid is going to be really special!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Drummond Is A Beast...

Post  Murph Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:49 am

Man...the kid looked good last night. He has an outstanding combination of size, quickness, great hands, and an ability to be in the right place at the right time. Great first game...12 pts, 7 rbds, 2 blks, and 2 stls, in only 23 minutes. You couldn't ask for anything more.

As already mentioned, both Knight and Monroe played extrememly well. Monroe had his usual double-double. Jerebko, Maggette and Bynum also played very well off the bench.

What a great start to the pre-season. dance

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Rotation

Post  Murph Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:33 am

For the most part, I was happy with Frank's rotation last night. The only change I'd make is at the PF spot. I'd start Jerebko at PF, or start Dummond at the 5 and slide Monroe over to PF.

And of course, I'd like to see CV get fewer minutes. Although I have to say, for the first time in 4 years, CV finally looked in decent shape. CV's jump shot is still broke, though. facepalm

I'd also like to see Kravtsov, English and Flynn crack the rotation, once in a while.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Stuff

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:30 am

@frankie - First, how do you find all of these websites? Wow, every year you seem to pull these gems out of the internet. It's not JUST for out of towners, it will allow any of us to follow competitors, and a little out of town football as well.

@frankie 2 - I'm worried about Frank developing the youngsters too. I mean, come on, if guys can't get into these meaningless games, WTF is going to happen when they count?

@Phil1980boy - I like Mags too, but I only want to see him in small doses

@Murph - Yeah, you can't ask for anything more from a raw rookie like Drummond than what he put up last night. Even accounting for how early this is, and the almost total lack of professional defense being played, the kid was impressive! BTW, at this rate, I'm hoping that any of the benched guys crack the PT barrier. This could get UGLY! I'm actually SHOCKED that Daye couldn't get any PT, that's a bad omen for his season.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty RE: Stuff

Post  WTF Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:18 pm

Oracle wrote:@frankie - First, how do you find all of these websites? Wow, every year you seem to pull these gems out of the internet. It's not JUST for out of towners, it will allow any of us to follow competitors, and a little out of town football as well.

@frankie 2 - I'm worried about Frank developing the youngsters too. I mean, come on, if guys can't get into these meaningless games, WTF is going to happen when they count?

@Murph - Yeah, you can't ask for anything more from a raw rookie like Drummond than what he put up last night. Even accounting for how early this is, and the almost total lack of professional defense being played, the kid was impressive! BTW, at this rate, I'm hoping that any of the benched guys crack the PT barrier. This could get UGLY! I'm actually SHOCKED that Daye couldn't get any PT, that's a bad omen for his season.

Now Now kids, way too early to be killing Frank on rotations in a preseason game. frankie there are 18 players in uniform so there was no way all 18 were getting PT. Granted I'm tired of looking at Tay, Bynum and Max too but Middleton and English will get a chance. Personally I would be giving PT to the youngster early since I've already know what I'm going to get from vets on the team.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:25 pm

Oracle wrote:@frankie - First, how do you find all of these websites? Wow, every year you seem to pull these gems out of the internet. It's not JUST for out of towners, it will allow any of us to follow competitors, and a little out of town football as well.

@oracle-i spend too much time sitting in front of my computer. both for work and fun.
imho, drummond can do that kind of work for about 18-20 minutes a game right now.
unfortunately, it looks like frank is planning on using him to sub monroe and once the season starts rolling, monroe is going to be playing 35-38 minutes a game. not much time left over for drummond. i do hope that they will put them on the court at the same time.
thought bynum had a really nice game. he controlled tempo and played more under control - like a true point, rather than a shoot-first combo guard - than i've seen him play in a long time. seeing him run that pick and roll for a drummond dunk was especially nice. they can feast on that play all year, cause any defense has to pay attention to bynum and if they hesitate for a second, the big fella has an open lane to the basket. nice to see bynum look for the dive man instead of just dribbling around looking for his own 18 foot shot on that play.
had to say that i was almost not going to watch, but i was sucked right back in.
and definitely check out that site, as i watch all of my detroit sports on it. i love it. it is probably the most hassle-free of all of the sites that stream sports.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Playing the kids

Post  merc Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:32 pm

Frank said he wants to have the "bubble players" play extended minutes each game instead of brief stints... so he's gonna play the ones that didn't play last game like a regular game rotation.
I expect to see Kravs over A.D. on Friday.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next