Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+21
cool breeze
basketbills
FireDumars
barn67
deusXango
Oracle
g-man
Sparma
frankied
Pablitus
Sebastian
Sissy1946
mattty38
Murph
merc
FlyDog
WTF
Grizz
Rett
Flip
Admin
25 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Grizz, Flip: Avatars, I have a couple picked out but.....

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:03 am

If you could explain real slow how to attach them to my posts it would be greatly appreciated, I mean real slow!

Last edited by Sissy1946 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spell)
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Avatars

Post  FlyDog Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:07 am

And once you explain it to Sissy, slow it down about 3 notches for me;-).......... pale
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty You Pussies

Post  FlyDog Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:11 am

Need to update your profiles. Am I the only one who has the balls to post my age, gender, hobbies and home town? Mad
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:21 am

Sissy1946 wrote:If you could explain real slow how to attach them to my posts it would be greatly appreciated, I mean real slow!

Sissy/Fly-

Got to Profile > click Avatar > click Browse > Find the file on your computer, click OK > click Save.

It should show up, if not let me know.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty avatars...

Post  frankied Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:25 am

Flip wrote:
Sissy1946 wrote:If you could explain real slow how to attach them to my posts it would be greatly appreciated, I mean real slow!

Sissy/Fly-

Got to Profile > click Avatar > click Browse > Find the file on your computer, click OK > click Save.

It should show up, if not let me know.
remember...the file can only be 150x200 pixels - i think - so you may have to convert the file so that it conforms.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyDog Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:30 am

I go to profiles, and get no options.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty M'Kay.........

Post  FlyDog Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:35 am

I got it.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty hate to jinx the kid, but...

Post  frankied Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:38 am

knight reminds me of zeke. he runs, with the ball, with that same straight gait. he also has that same little teardrop shot. he doesn't have zeke's handle, he's a bit tougher defensively and he's not a clone, but you can tell he's looked at a bunch of old film. i just hope they don't f-ck up his head the way they mess with all their young guys.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Flip Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:42 am

frankied wrote:knight reminds me of zeke. he runs, with the ball, with that same straight gait. he also has that same little teardrop shot. he doesn't have zeke's handle, he's a bit tougher defensively and he's not a clone, but you can tell he's looked at a bunch of old film. i just hope they don't f-ck up his head the way they mess with all their young guys.

I agree, his speed and tenacity/competitiveness is very Zeke-like and then add his ability to shoot from anywhere with ease, and the court vision, its very reminiscent of watching isiah. That said, he still has a looooong way to go, but you can see the similarities.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:46 am

Best thing they can do is just give him the ball, give him 40 mpg and tell him its his show, and they'll help along the way, if he needs it.

His perfomance tonight was all himself. It wasnt like Frank was resonpsible, I say Frank should just get out of his way and let him just continue what Calipari taught him, before he picks up any bad habits from dumass and dougie
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty monroe=stuckey 2

Post  frankied Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:12 am

fans better get ready to go through the same thing they went through with stuckey, as they watch monroe.
he is not a center and he needs a center to help in the paint. but i would bet that joe has decided that he is going to roll with monroe as his center, which explains why joe has not brought in another big man. so we will have to endure years of monroe being overmatched because joe thinks monroe is his center and that he just needs to grow and mature in order to play the position.
sound familiar?
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Samuels

Post  Flip Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:24 am

Looks like a good young big man. CLE made a nice find. He went undrafted too last year, we couldve had him instead of the wasted pick of White. We couldve also had him as an undrafted FA if Joe had any clue how to find big men.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty double dog dare you

Post  Grizz Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:50 am

Fly... to post your photo as avatar .. Cool
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:02 am

frankied wrote:fans better get ready to go through the same thing they went through with stuckey, as they watch monroe.

Frankied I agree with you and was most upset with the play of Monroe. I doubt that it would make any difference if Monroe played power forward. He just is not very quick and is playing now on defense like he did at Georgetown. Monroe is completely inept on the defensive end. All of the cleveland make a fool of him so they must have scouted the Indiana game where Monroe could not compete with the Indiana bigs. Monroe didn't rotate on the pick and roll plays but what bothered me most is that he provided no help for Jerebco who was at least trying to block some shots. I can't recall Monroe challenging any shots in the second half. Monroe has regressed most likely not spending any time on his conditioning or quickness in the off season. Monroe lacks quickness and really has no great feature in his overall game. I am not giving up on him but he looks very average and all fans expected a huge improvement this season. The players who didn't quit in this game were Knight, Jerebco and Gordon. Things did not go well for Jerebco but he never stopped giving 100%. Knight was the best player for Detroit which is great. It will be difficult to keep him out of the starting lineup but Dumars will make sure Stuckey keeps his starting job for awhile. I believe that all of the NBA teams have Detroit's number. Greg Kelser made a statement at the end of the game that was laughable mentioning reminding fans that Detroit was missing Charlie V. In a way he might be right when thinking about how Monroe and Maxiell played.Maybe Charlie can't be any worse. That is a scary thought. But why did Charlie V miss that last pre season game when he knew that he would be suspended when the season started? Is Charlie a chemistry builder?Maybe the fans will still show up because Gores is providing other entertainment from the stars in professions other than basketball. And who was that poster who thought that Daye should get more playing time? I really felt sorry for him tonight. He just couldn't do anything right. I was wrong. Cleveland is a better team than our Pistons!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Dumars is an idiot

Post  FireDumars Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:07 am

Good morning. I did not have the opportunity to watch the game, but hope to download it later. However, from reading the articles and comments, apparently it is the same situation again. Dumars has failed to find a legit C and is ruining, a talented PF in Monroe by forcing him to play C. Does the Darko experiment ring a bell??? Before entering the NBA, both Monroe and Darko were athletic PF, who could play at the top of the key (heck, Monroe ran the Princeton offense at Georgetown as a PF!), so why ruin their talent by playing them at C with their backs constantly to the basket?
FireDumars
FireDumars

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Frank now 0-18

Post  FireDumars Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:10 am

the streak continues Very Happy and i hope he never wins a game as a Piston and he and Dumars(finally) are fired.
FireDumars
FireDumars

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Re: monroe=stuckey 2

Post  Oracle Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:21 am

frankied wrote:so we will have to endure years of monroe being overmatched because joe thinks monroe is his center and that he just needs to grow and mature in order to play the position.
sound familiar?

Yeah, and it STINKS!

This is getting CRAZY! Stuckey was a 2, Monroe is a 4!

What about natural positions does this Pistons Management(read Dumars) fail to get?

I'd even want Kwame than have Monroe get trashed every night trying to be something he's not.

With Stuckey it's just stupidity, but for Daye(last year at PF) & Monroe(at Center), it's almost child abuse. Ok, not child abuse, but it is abuse, especially if somebody gets hurt playing out of position.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:23 am

FireDumars wrote:the streak continues Very Happy and i hope he never wins a game as a Piston and he and Dumars(finally) are fired.

Darko, your dreams may be coming true soon!

I love Joe, and want him to succeed, but I can't defend him if he doesn't do something QUICK!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:25 am

FlyDog wrote:I got it.

Fly, I hope you've got an underwater pooper scooper...
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:27 am

FireDumars wrote: Dumars has failed to find a legit C and is ruining, a talented PF in Monroe by forcing him to play C. Does the Darko experiment ring a bell???

FireDumars I am not happy with the way Dumars has done his job but you are not correct regarding your comments about using Darko and Monroe the right way. Darko should never have been drafted for the number 2 pick and many GMs have been fired for just this one mistake which was a huge mistake. Darko is now a solid center in the NBA. He has filled out and will improve a lot if he wants to improve. When Joe drafted him, he was 17 years old and had never been a key player on any team in his life and he was a chain smoker. Monroe was not consistant while playing basketball at Georgetown especially on defense. It make no difference if you are a center or power forward when you are playing defense in the NBA. You have to do the same things well to be successful. You can't have senior moments forgetting where your man is on the floor and you have to box out. Tonight Monroe was aggessive on offense at the start of the game. Then was was completely out classed by all of Cleveland's big men just like the Indiana game. He provided no help with interior defense for anyone and just seemed to be in slow motion most of the night especially during the second half. Hopefully, he is just out of shape but the guy should be in proper shape shouldn't he? That was the thing that the coaching staff was not going to tolerate this season. But we now have a lazy looking Monroe on defense not able to block any shots along with Maxiell who is still carrying about 20 extra pounds. Tonight some of the Piston players were giving a solid effort and others were not up to the challenge. Few of these Piston players could get much playing time on the Cleveland team based on what I saw tonight. I know that Dumars sees things differently. He knows that this blowout loss was caused by his buddy, Charlie V.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Game: The Good news and the bad

Post  Oracle Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:29 am

Knight was a KILLER! - Good

Somebody woke up BG - Good

Monroe is NOT a Center - BAD
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  FireDumars Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:34 am

FireDumars wrote:Good morning. I did not have the opportunity to watch the game, but hope to download it later.

I am watching the game right now, online via on NBA league pass.

folks, this looks like the same, pathetic team from last season. Stuckey out of control, blowing layups, not passing the ball to open bigs, Tayshaun no effort, missing a legit C in the paint, and why does Blaha keep calling Jonas Jerebko ("J"onas) when his name is pronounced like "Y"onas. Very annoying, Blaha Very Happy Step up your game or hopefully you will be fired as well!

+ 1st quarter Monroe and Knight looked great playing together. connected on several points/passes, Monroe rebounding well and passing, Knight great vision and D.

Last edited by FireDumars on Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
FireDumars
FireDumars

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:35 am

cool breeze wrote:FireDumars I am not happy with the way Dumars has done his job but you are not correct regarding your comments about using Darko and Monroe the right way. Darko should never have been drafted for the number 2 pick and many GMs have been fired for just this one mistake which was a huge mistake. Darko is now a solid center in the NBA. He has filled out and will improve a lot if he wants to improve. When Joe drafted him, he was 17 years old and had never been a key player on any team in his life and he was a chain smoker. Monroe was not consistant while playing basketball at Georgetown especially on defense. It make no difference if you are a center or power forward when you are playing defense in the NBA. You have to do the same things well to be successful. You can't have senior moments forgetting where your man is on the floor and you have to box out. Tonight Monroe was aggessive on offense at the start of the game. Then was was completely out classed by all of Cleveland's big men just like the Indiana game. He provided no help with interior defense for anyone and just seemed to be in slow motion most of the night especially during the second half. Hopefully, he is just out of shape but the guy should be in proper shape shouldn't he? That was the thing that the coaching staff was not going to tolerate this season. But we now have a lazy looking Monroe on defense not able to block any shots along with Maxiell who is still carrying about 20 extra pounds. Tonight some of the Piston players were giving a solid effort and others were not up to the challenge. Few of these Piston players could get much playing time on the Cleveland team based on what I saw tonight. I know that Dumars sees things differently. He knows that this blowout loss was caused by his buddy, Charlie V.

Excellent post and points Don, I totally agree!

It looks to me like Monroe is sort of the way he was in the first few weeks of his rookie season. He seems lost and not moving at NBA speed. He may be a slow starter, because he hasn't looked anything like the player we saw in the last month of the season last year.

The shocking thing is that they got beat so bad at home where scrubs generally play better.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Vincie Ellis Sez: Pistons Can't Keep Up With Taller Bigs

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:58 am

Well Duh Vince, we've been trying to tell ya that for a while but you sez Joe's trying to do something, well yea, he's trying to drive this team into the ground, you've got guys like Greg Kelser saying things like, we've got Charley V coming back, what the hell is that? Quit writing crap & get on the real problem of motivating Dumars to bring us bigs & get the rift raft off the team, YEA!!!!!!!!!!
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:02 am

Oracle wrote:
frankied wrote:so we will have to endure years of monroe being overmatched because joe thinks monroe is his center and that he just needs to grow and mature in order to play the position.
sound familiar?

Yeah, and it STINKS!

This is getting CRAZY! Stuckey was a 2, Monroe is a 4!

What about natural positions does this Pistons Management(read Dumars) fail to get?

I'd even want Kwame than have Monroe get trashed every night trying to be something he's not.

With Stuckey it's just stupidity, but for Daye(last year at PF) & Monroe(at Center), it's almost child abuse. Ok, not child abuse, but it is abuse, especially if somebody gets hurt playing out of position.

And that somebody would Jonas Jerebko who got hurt last year trying to play the 4, when he's a SF. Yet, they put him right back to 4 when he comes back. scratch

So that makes Stuckey, Monroe, and Jerebko all playing out of position. Our starting lineup tonight consisted of 2 SG's, 2 SF's and 1 PF, and Frank wonders why we're getting abused on the boards and cant guard anyone.

The worst part is since we just gave Tay an ext for $8 mil/yr, Jerebko is now forced to play PF for the next 4 years, even though hes probably the best SF on the team, lol. Because they cant justify paying Tay all that money to be a backup, so Jonas will be forced out of position just like Stuckey was forced out of position for 2 yrs because of the RIP EXTENSION!

Joe just recreated the same exact problem only with Tay/JJ now instead!

I really think Joe has gone senile. You would think if he wasnt smart enough to remember it on the court all these years with Rip/Stuckey, that negotiating Rips buyout wouldve been a big reminder what happens when you give a big ext to a washed up vet, while you have young guys on the team who are better and play the same position. But in the same week he bought out Rip, he basically just went and shifted Rips contract over to Tay, and now we have the same problem still - a washed up vet who cant play making big money. So he has to play over the young guy, forcing the young guy out of position.

Its really a comedy routine at this point. Even Millen's moves were not this stupid.

Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next