Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+21
cool breeze
basketbills
FireDumars
barn67
deusXango
Oracle
g-man
Sparma
frankied
Pablitus
Sebastian
Sissy1946
mattty38
Murph
merc
FlyDog
WTF
Grizz
Rett
Flip
Admin
25 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Murph Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:49 am

Grizz wrote: I would rather see us working on Daye to get so SF moves .... If I recall .. neither of us wanted him drafted .. Well I should say .. What we wanted was a true PF drafted instead of a tweener .. Daye is better than I thought he would be but unfortunately cannot help us much at the positions we need help at .. If he cannot cut it this season, then it is time to move on ..

Yes, I don't have much hope for Daye at SG either. IMO, the best bet for Daye was for him to gain 25 lbs of muscle and try to play PF. Obviously, that's not going to happen. He can't gain 25 lbs and he can't play PF. And as frankie pointed out, he really can't play SF either. As Larry Brown use to say, "You can play any position you can defend." But Daye really can't defend any position.

If Daye has another down year, I thing Joe should let him walk and move on. Joe should not make the same mistake he made with Maxiell by signing him to another LT contract. Daye was an odd pick in the first place.

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:23 am

Love the News feeds Flip... anyway to slow it down for the old farts?

So CV is a changed man this year huh... where have we heard this b4?

What I'm looking for is on the first PS game is discipline on defense ... hopefully coach F is teaching how to defend a "layup line".

Sounds like the game will be shown on Fox
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty what is the main problem with daye at SG?

Post  frankied Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:38 pm

a few folks have stated that they just don't imagine daye at SG.
granted, his defense on SG's would probably not be good, but so far we've seen that his defense on most power forwards and SF's is not good either. but i think that his SG defense can, with proper techniques to take advantage of his length, be at least competent. passable. he'll never be all-league, but he can at least do what tay can do with lots of SG's.
offensively, he has the game.
he is primarily a shooter, with excellent range. he handles the ball as well or better than many SG's. (a guy like byron scott of the old lakers could barely dribble the ball, but he was a deadly shooter who played at a high level for many years.) the few times they have used him at SG and posted him up, he was very effective and essentially created havoc.
i'm just curious as to why there is resistance to using him at the position.
i imagine much of that resistance comes from the idea that he is supposed to be a PF or SF because of his height. but his lack of bulk and his apparent inability to put on and keep weight will probably be a career long problem. remember when tay came in and EVERYONE talked about what kind of player he would be when he matured and put on some bulk?
well, we are still waiting for that added bulk 9 years later.
daye is what he is, and it is to everyone's benefit to accept it and adjust accordingly.
i keep bringing up magic because there was enormous pressure on jud heathcote to NOT keep magic at a guard spot. like with daye, people looked at him and just assumed he would be a power forward. it took a lot of courage and imagination for heathcote to say, no, he's a point guard and that is that...
as a PF daye will be mediocre.
as a SF daye would be good, probably a more offensively-minded tayshaun.
as a SG daye could be dominant, either as a starter or as a 6th man. he could be the kind of player that makes other teams change their entire defensive scheme, to prevent him from scoring at will against players he will typically have 6-9 inches in height over.
i am serious, and just curious...what is so ridiculous and wrong about giving daye a chance to determine if he can play that role at SG?

frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:56 pm

Tonights starting lineup...
Damien Wilkins, Greg Monroe, Ben Gordon, Will Bynum and Charlie Villanueva...
The new 2011/12 mantra = "marginal talent"
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:01 pm

merc wrote:Tonights starting lineup...

Please tell me your kidding? Shocked
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Daye @ SG

Post  merc Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:02 pm

Don't have a problem experimenting with Daye at SG however I'm not comfortable with him handling the rock... he's got good handles but he dribbles with his head down... it's real easy to get him to cough it up.
He should primarily be a spot up or post up shooter... simply catch and shoot over the top... money.

merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:03 pm

merc, I sent u a PM about the news feed. Should I make it so it doesn't move?
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:04 pm

Flip wrote:

From Franks mouth to this site... I think he'll try different lineups for the two PS games.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Re: what is the main problem with daye at SG?

Post  Murph Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:04 pm

"what is so ridiculous and wrong about giving daye a chance to determine if he can play that role at SG?"

Nothing is wrong with trying out Daye at SG. By all means, Frank should give it a shot. I just think that his slow foot speed is going to be a major problem with him trying to defend most SGs. Hope I'm wrong.

"remember when tay came in and EVERYONE talked about what kind of player he would be when he matured and put on some bulk?
well, we are still waiting for that added bulk 9 years later."

Yes, good point. I was one of those hoping year after year that Prince would bulk up, fill out and toughen up. I always imagined that if Prince could bulk up and become more agressive that he'd become an All-Star. But he never could bulk up, and as a result IMO, Prince never improved after his 3rd year in the League.

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:07 pm

merc wrote:
Flip wrote:

From Franks mouth to this site... I think he'll try different lineups for the two PS games.

Actually, it makes sense because I think Tay had been out of practice most of the week. Interesting that Daye doesn't get the start though.

Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty geez...more of the same. now wilkins....

Post  frankied Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:29 pm

tay...tmac...wilkins...
anything to keep from playing the young guys.
last year it was tmac. now wilkins.
everybody in the league knows what kind of player wilkins is.
he's been in the league, what...8 years or so. he's gotta be around 30-31 years old. i remember when he came into the league in seattle, years ago.
good athlete. decent defender. mediorcre, limited offensive player.
and they bring this guy in and start him over their young guys?
not a good sign.
but typical of nba coaches.
any nba coach will always go with a limited, but predictable vet, rather than give a young guy a shot. every coach is the same. they hate young guys because they just don't know what to expect. with the vets, they know exactly what they will do. even if it aint much.

frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:20 pm

That's right... fire the damn coach!... never too soon to get started on the hate wagon :pirat:
It's nice beating Lee to the punch... hey, where is that guy anyways?... We used to have some epic battles.

Can we get a eating popcorn smiley?
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty News Feed Widget

Post  WTF Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:39 pm

Hey Flip can I adjust the widget to a different view? At work it longer in length showing multiple article as it scrolls left to right, but at home on my laptop it only shows one article at a time.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:43 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Hey Flip can I adjust the widget to a different view? At work it longer in length showing multiple article as it scrolls left to right, but at home on my laptop it only shows one article at a time.

Wise, I think only I can adjust it by changing the code. I have it set to one at a time right now because I wanted to show merc what it looked like. It could be that I changed it between when you left work and got home, and thats why it showed up different.

Which did you like better??

I'm about to put up a list of feeds that stay constant and dont move, but still update everytime that site posts a new article.

I'll leave both styles up, and tell me which is better.

Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:45 pm

I can tell you now that I liked it better the why I was seeing it at work. Merc wants more smiley faces
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:48 pm

Yeah Flip the long view is much better
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:49 pm

I'm going to put up some that stay constant too, so you can compare. Then decide which to go with.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:56 pm

Yeah that seem better with the delay scroll. This should help that Old Guy that couldn't keep up LOL!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty game on tv/?

Post  mattty38 Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:04 pm

like i told flip...i hate when someone takes something and thinks they own the rights to a lions forum,,,,,i thought by 2011 this would be easy to duplicate///thought there would be more comp. geeks/lion fans to handle this?hehe/////screw the news
mattty38
mattty38

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:06 pm

I also like the notification I get on my phone when a rpost is made. It's okay for now but man if we ever get 50 people posting on a good day I might toss it (phone) out the window. Once I figured out how to read the posting on my phone I thought that was cool.

Really Flip this wonderful what you did here, far better than what we had at Pistons Talk. I like the edit button and how we can add quotes. I mean this really good and you shouldn't have held this back from us and got it going earlier.

I'm tyring to get some guys from work to join since they yap all day about sports.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:14 pm

mattty38 wrote:like i told flip...i hate when someone takes something and thinks they own the rights to a lions forum,,,,,i thought by 2011 this would be easy to duplicate///thought there would be more comp. geeks/lion fans to handle this?hehe/////screw the news

I'm working on a Lions site right now, thats basically a duplicate of this, but Lions themed. I would've done it sooner, but there didn't seem to be much interest at first in the Lions. Seems like a lot of ppl want to talk Lions now, myself included, so I'm going to get it up and running asap.

I'm going to watch the pistons game at 7, but after that, I should have the site up sometime during the night. Now that I got the format set with this one, its just a matter of copying the code to the new site. If you want I'll send you an email with the link when its up.

If your looking for the Pistons game on TV, its on FSD, 7pm.

I got some links to stream it on, if anyone needs a link.... but PM me for it... because we can't post links to game streams in here.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:16 pm

WISEFAN wrote:I also like the notification I get on my phone when a rpost is made. It's okay for now but man if we ever get 50 people posting on a good day I might toss it (phone) out the window. Once I figured out how to read the posting on my phone I thought that was cool.

Really Flip this wonderful what you did here, far better than what we had at Pistons Talk. I like the edit button and how we can add quotes. I mean this really good and you shouldn't have held this back from us and got it going earlier.

I'm tyring to get some guys from work to join since they yap all day about sports.

You get notifications on your phone from new posts in here?

I didn't even know it could do that, lol.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty got it/have you heard from any old reg. posters?

Post  mattty38 Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:30 pm

i actually found a way by accident to get to the last day of posts on detnews!//the last one was from a guy calling the lions the loins..hehe///prob just as well this happened///////what i like to do was scroll back to kick off and read thru or skip thru post thru out the game////also king is great way to give heads up on things iwith detroit in national meda
mattty38
mattty38

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:39 pm

Flip wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:I also like the notification I get on my phone when a rpost is made. It's okay for now but man if we ever get 50 people posting on a good day I might toss it (phone) out the window. Once I figured out how to read the posting on my phone I thought that was cool.

You get notifications on your phone from new posts in here?

I didn't even know it could do that, lol.
Yea If your phone has email it notifies of new posts... but it comes with a link to opt out if you want (which I did)

Wise don't make me come down there with my cane... might have to double up the Geritol first.

Hey we gotta game tonight!
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:41 pm

mattty38 wrote:i actually found a way by accident to get to the last day of posts on detnews!//the last one was from a guy calling the lions the loins..hehe///prob just as well this happened///////what i like to do was scroll back to kick off and read thru or skip thru post thru out the game////also king is great way to give heads up on things iwith detroit in national meda

haha, I liked reading through those too. The best was the games when they came back down 20, lol

I think Fly is supposed to have a link to a forum where a lot of the old posters from the lions talk went. Stay tuned...

Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next