Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+6
lemonpen
BallinD
Murph
deusXango
cool breeze
Sparma
10 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Cool

Post  Sparma Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:48 pm

Having just turned 64, I still feel naive in some ways: I still think we should all be able to get along on a fan forum even though we're struggling so much to get along in the real world.

Thanks for your kind words about me, Don. Much appreciated.

I was wrong to have thought the team had turned the corner when they drafted Knight. Lord knows that corner's yet to be turned. But maybe we're careening into the bend, about to turn that corner later this month when drafting Cade.

From my point of view, we all have agendas. Mine includes endorsing the ideal of persisting in attempts at rational discourse with each other even during, or especially during, times of disagreement. But I realize pursuing that ideal can sometimes lead to not giving enough weight to hurt people experience during contentious exchanges.

Clearly I don't have the answers. I do hope we can all hang in there together at least another year, forestalling the forum's demise. The team's giving us reasons to keep going: this is the most exciting stretch of Pistons' history in over a decade. Thank you ping pong balls/ Basketball gods.

cool breeze wrote:
Sparma wrote:I see a first report putting Detroit's over/ under at 25.5 (PointsBetUSA), and that in ten additional games (82).  We'll debate that kind of prediction as time  goes on, but my initial reaction is: hunh?  It's fun to feel like an optimist once in a while.  For now at least, I'd be really surprised at 25-57 or worse.  Who knows about injuries and trades that may lead to another year of tanking.  Now, I've got to go with that over.

Don, I do remember you ranking other Arizona players above Stanley.  At the same time, you'd been extremely stubborn in stoking the embers of his NBA career.  Good for you!  You're a real fan.  And we've all make mistakes.  You may be surprised that one of my big ones was initially overrating Brandon Knight, saying the team had turned the corner once they drafted him.  The real stakes on a fan forum are negligible, apart from occasional annoyance and embarrassment, so no big deal.  I agree with Murph that you have a "vast wealth of basketball knowledge".  For one thing you, and Murph, know infinitely more than I do about college prospects.  I've enjoyed watching some Cade highlights and have strong feelings about that first pick, but wouldn't have an idea who to draft to round two.

Sparma I don't think you were so wrong regarding the worth of Brandon Knight as an NBA player. What I liked about Knight was his high character. Also, being thrown into the fire in his rookie season while playing with zero pick and roll players ( Monroe and Maxiell ) Knight still kept his head up fighting to improve. And I will never forget his promise after his first season. He stated that he would come back as a much better defender and that man worked his butt off all summer doing just that. It seems that many Detroit fans are inpatient and want immediate gratification from some young kid. The fans hated Knight but reflected very little regarding the teammates he had to play with in Detroit. After leaving Knight started to prove his worth as a basketball player but had the bad luck of getting a serious knee injury. So I will never agree that Knight was a bad pick. Meanwhile other fans on this forum blamed Knight for every loss it seemed. They wanted him gone. Then what happened? We watched the circus act with players who could care less if they won or lost basketball games.

For me Knight was much like Johnson. I liked both men as human beings a lot so I bonded with them and hoped they would be successful because they always gave maximum effort. This of course is silly on my part because first round picks are immediately lucky regardless of what happens on the hardcourt because they are both wealthy, healthy, and young. Fans like players for different reasons. I loved that they both loved to play defense with a lot of passion. Both players were unlucky to be drafted by the Pistons because of poor coaching and lack of more mature talented players who knew how to win basketball games and liked playing the right way. The NBA has too many stat driven players who will not pass the basketball or make rookies feel like they are part of the team. Both Knight and Johnson were superior students in the classroom and liked the team first concept. They were coachable as well. I remember Isiah Thomas sitting with Greg Kelser at halftime during another poor performance by the Pistons. Greg asked Zeke what he thought the team needed to improve and as Stanley Johnson passed by the scorers table Isiah said "we need more players like Him". At the time there was next to nothing to like about the Detroit Pistons team. Zeke only said that because he recognized that at least Stanley Johnson was giving an honest effort. That is why I liked Johnson. The others were very content to get blown out and sure enough that night the the Pistons were even worse in the 2nd half. They were blown out because the vets or highest paid players could care less about the fact that thousands of fans had come out in a snow storm to see the Bad Boys who were being honored.They only cared about their pay checks. But would I want Johnson back on the Piston team now? No I would prefer a small forward like some of the young players who stood out in playoff games that played the 3 position. Cam Johnson comes to mind and others like him who are long and sleek and make plays on both ends of the floor.

Murph's statement that I lack self awareness is typical of the cancel culture embraced by many people now. I don't blame him and have enjoyed the effort he has made in the past with his more professional type posts. But by denigrating me personally while using the argument of intimidation what goal did he have in mind? Maybe stupid me should stop posting because my thoughts are too repetitive and lack the insight requirements to fit the standards of this forum? I write usually after finishing my daily long distance run if I have time. While running I talk to my buddy about sports usually professional golf and tennis. Those pro sports are real for us because everything is on the line at each event as those athletes have no guaranteed contracts.  But being I have been a Piston fan for so many years I get excited about the future possibilities and waste my time writing about how I perceive things based on past history usually. Nobody has to read my posts. But it has been fun in the past to watch a Piston game and then write about specifics of how the game was won or lost and who stood out. Sparma you are  a kind and respectful person with no agenda. I have always enjoyed your spirit. You never try to ridicule anyone on the forum and you always show the great American spirit where we actually used to be able to agree to disagree on most things especially silly things like basketball. I have experienced most of the peaks and valleys every human being experiences in life. I am not over sensitive. But it is not fun to be part of something ( forum ) where the wolves are biting at my heals.The fun is gone. No I won't "get over" my most recent juvenile beating. It will be easy not to be part of something like this. Piston fans should have something in common with each other instead of expressing hatred and disdain for each other. I really am not around any people who are like that. Some poster writes something nasty in response to an offending post and then others join in to further condemn the offender of truth. This is actually a hobby that people are so used to doing that they don't ever bother to think first before writing that maybe they would not enjoy such an attack on their own character. Sports like basketball are used by many adults to escape from reality for awhile and get away from their own life pressures. I want to preserve that escape plan for myself so will stay as far away from this forum as possible in the future. Best wishes for all of you Piston fans. Good things are happening for the Detroit Pistons.        
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:28 pm

Sparma wrote:I see a first report putting Detroit's over/ under at 25.5 (PointsBetUSA), and that in ten additional games (82).  We'll debate that kind of prediction as time  goes on, but my initial reaction is: hunh?  It's fun to feel like an optimist once in a while.  For now at least, I'd be really surprised at 25-57 or worse.  Who knows about injuries and trades that may lead to another year of tanking.  Now, I've got to go with that over.

Don, I do remember you ranking other Arizona players above Stanley.  At the same time, you'd been extremely stubborn in stoking the embers of his NBA career.  Good for you!  You're a real fan.  And we've all make mistakes.  You may be surprised that one of my big ones was initially overrating Brandon Knight, saying the team had turned the corner once they drafted him.  The real stakes on a fan forum are negligible, apart from occasional annoyance and embarrassment, so no big deal.  I agree with Murph that you have a "vast wealth of basketball knowledge".  For one thing you, and Murph, know infinitely more than I do about college prospects.  I've enjoyed watching some Cade highlights and have strong feelings about that first pick, but wouldn't have an idea who to draft to round two.

Sparma I don't think you were so wrong regarding the worth of Brandon Knight as an NBA player. What I liked about Knight was his high character. Also, being thrown into the fire in his rookie season while playing with zero pick and roll players ( Monroe and Maxiell ) Knight still kept his head up fighting to improve. And I will never forget his promise after his first season. He stated that he would come back as a much better defender and that man worked his butt off all summer doing just that. It seems that many Detroit fans are inpatient and want immediate gratification from some young kid. The fans hated Knight but reflected very little regarding the teammates he had to play with in Detroit. After leaving Knight started to prove his worth as a basketball player but had the bad luck of getting a serious knee injury. So I will never agree that Knight was a bad pick. Meanwhile other fans on this forum blamed Knight for every loss it seemed. They wanted him gone. Then what happened? We watched the circus act with players who could care less if they won or lost basketball games.

For me Knight was much like Johnson. I liked both men as human beings a lot so I bonded with them and hoped they would be successful because they always gave maximum effort. This of course is silly on my part because first round picks are immediately lucky regardless of what happens on the hardcourt because they are both wealthy, healthy, and young. Fans like players for different reasons. I loved that they both loved to play defense with a lot of passion. Both players were unlucky to be drafted by the Pistons because of poor coaching and lack of more mature talented players who knew how to win basketball games and liked playing the right way. The NBA has too many stat driven players who will not pass the basketball or make rookies feel like they are part of the team. Both Knight and Johnson were superior students in the classroom and liked the team first concept. They were coachable as well. I remember Isiah Thomas sitting with Greg Kelser at halftime during another poor performance by the Pistons. Greg asked Zeke what he thought the team needed to improve and as Stanley Johnson passed by the scorers table Isiah said "we need more players like Him". At the time there was next to nothing to like about the Detroit Pistons team. Zeke only said that because he recognized that at least Stanley Johnson was giving an honest effort. That is why I liked Johnson. The others were very content to get blown out and sure enough that night the the Pistons were even worse in the 2nd half. They were blown out because the vets or highest paid players could care less about the fact that thousands of fans had come out in a snow storm to see the Bad Boys who were being honored.They only cared about their pay checks. But would I want Johnson back on the Piston team now? No I would prefer a small forward like some of the young players who stood out in playoff games that played the 3 position. Cam Johnson comes to mind and others like him who are long and sleek and make plays on both ends of the floor.

Murph's statement that I lack self awareness is typical of the cancel culture embraced by many people now. I don't blame him and have enjoyed the effort he has made in the past with his more professional type posts. But by denigrating me personally while using the argument of intimidation what goal did he have in mind? Maybe stupid me should stop posting because my thoughts are too repetitive and lack the insight requirements to fit the standards of this forum? I write usually after finishing my daily long distance run if I have time. While running I talk to my buddy about sports usually professional golf and tennis. Those pro sports are real for us because everything is on the line at each event as those athletes have no guaranteed contracts. But being I have been a Piston fan for so many years I get excited about the future possibilities and waste my time writing about how I perceive things based on past history usually. Nobody has to read my posts. But it has been fun in the past to watch a Piston game and then write about specifics of how the game was won or lost and who stood out. Sparma you are a kind and respectful person with no agenda. I have always enjoyed your spirit. You never try to ridicule anyone on the forum and you always show the great American spirit where we actually used to be able to agree to disagree on most things especially silly things like basketball. I have experienced most of the peaks and valleys every human being experiences in life. I am not over sensitive. But it is not fun to be part of something ( forum ) where the wolves are biting at my heals.The fun is gone. No I won't "get over" my most recent juvenile beating. It will be easy not to be part of something like this. Piston fans should have something in common with each other instead of expressing hatred and disdain for each other. I really am not around any people who are like that. Some poster writes something nasty in response to an offending post and then others join in to further condemn the offender of truth. This is actually a hobby that people are so used to doing that they don't ever bother to think first before writing that maybe they would not enjoy such an attack on their own character. Sports like basketball are used by many adults to escape from reality for awhile and get away from their own life pressures. I want to preserve that escape plan for myself so will stay as far away from this forum as possible in the future. Best wishes for all of you Piston fans. Good things are happening for the Detroit Pistons.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Optimist?/ Don

Post  Sparma Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:03 pm

I see a first report putting Detroit's over/ under at 25.5 (PointsBetUSA), and that in ten additional games (82). We'll debate that kind of prediction as time goes on, but my initial reaction is: hunh? It's fun to feel like an optimist once in a while. For now at least, I'd be really surprised at 25-57 or worse. Who knows about injuries and trades that may lead to another year of tanking. Now, I've got to go with that over.

Don, I do remember you ranking other Arizona players above Stanley. At the same time, you'd been extremely stubborn in stoking the embers of his NBA career. Good for you! You're a real fan. And we've all make mistakes. You may be surprised that one of my big ones was initially overrating Brandon Knight, saying the team had turned the corner once they drafted him. The real stakes on a fan forum are negligible, apart from occasional annoyance and embarrassment, so no big deal. I agree with Murph that you have a "vast wealth of basketball knowledge". For one thing you, and Murph, know infinitely more than I do about college prospects. I've enjoyed watching some Cade highlights and have strong feelings about that first pick, but wouldn't have an idea who to draft to round two.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Stop It

Post  Murph Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:38 am

“No self awareness is your diagnosis. You are the supreme expert and basketball psychiatrist too. Sorry for posting.”

Don...stop being such a cry baby and step up your game.

Stop stating the obvious from a position of hindsight, and start using that vast wealth of basketball knowledge of yours to come up with some accurate, thoughtful predictions and insights.

Everyone else around here tries to do that.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Don & Lemonpen

Post  Oracle Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:26 pm

Don, don't take it too personally, lets move on to the exciting draft, trades and free agency.

This will be an amazing offseason for many teams. I'll be sick if the Lakers take Chris Paul off the Suns hands, let the Suns palm him off on somebody else, LOL.

He's the only player in NBA history to be ahead 2-0 in 4 playoff games SERIES and LOSE them all... the dude is toxic!

lemonpen wrote:"Maybe too many"
Ditto that.  I hope we package one or two with a player (JJ) to move up into the first round, and trade the rest for a future asset.
No maybe to it, the Pistons don't have room for 4 more rookies, so we need to do something.

Options abound, and I trust Weaver to take the best one for us.

The only sure thing, IMO, is that Cade will be a Piston, but Frenchie may get the start until he makes the adjustment to the pros.

Last edited by Oracle on Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:17 pm

Murph wrote:No Don...I ridicule much of what you say because you are the master of hindsight with very little value added.  And you have zero self awareness.

Stanley Johnson is the prime example.  I mean you even had me convinced that he was a good pick because you had seen him play at AU, and because of this mother, blah, blah, blah.

Now you say that it was obvious that SJ was a terrible pick.   facepalm

cool breeze wrote:
Murph wrote:Yes, Don is the master of hindsight.  After touting Stanley Johnson, he now tells us Devon Booker was the obvious choice.  

And after ripping Reggie Jackson for years, he now tells us Reggie is pretty good.

What I find interesting are accurate predictions, not obvious hindsight.  Everyone has perfect hindsight.

Oracle wrote:
Murph wrote:No.  Get serious.  This is what we tanked for.
I'm shocked at Don's post. He was the MAIN guy wanting us to draft Stanley Johnson. in fact, he sounded like Stanley should have gone #1.

Don convinced me that Stanley was the pick, and now he criticizes the Pistons for drafting him?

I have stated previously that Johnson was never the best or second best player in his freshman season at Arizona. Obviously you only wanted to ridicule anything I might offer maybe because I never bonded with your beloved Andre Drummond. The point of my post is that the Pistons have a long history of not doing their homework while having a below average team and then using picks based on need instead of overall talent. Management at the time Stanley was drafted wanted at all cost to protect the Big Two AD and RJ. What was shocking to me was how well RJ played in the playoffs for the Clippers. So perhaps it was AD not RJ who was dragging the team into the basement all along. But truth be told RJ must have really been suffering with serious injuries because he did perform well for his first season as a Piston. I applaud Jackson for how much he gave for his team this year on the Clippers team. If I had to make the decision at draft time it would have been Booker. He did shine in the NCAA tournament and I was disappointed with Johnson's performance at that time. Also, I think that the downfall of Stanley had a lot to do with his coaches on the Pistons who made him lose confidence in his jump shooting technique. And of course maybe the biggest reason why Johnson lost his confidence was the loss of his best coach who was his Mother. She had a huge influence Stanley. So many factors are involved in success in the NBA. And I have to say when Johnson did play for the Pistons he was their best defender and sat the bench during a time period when the team was full of slackers. Stilling the bench and being in the coaches dog house as a young guy while watching slackers get the minutes might break anyone who once cared about playing the right way. Bad luck to get drafted to a team with SVG as your coach. Maybe Booker would have been traded before he had a real chance to play for the Pistons during that time period. Booker landed at the right place at the right time.

My wish list if the Pistons get more picks or trade their 2nd round picks are --
Chris Duarte - Oregon
Johnny Juzang - UCLA
Both were the key players for their individual team. They are very tough and tested athletes who have enough size around 6'6 inches. I enjoyed watching those two players. Both have high basketball IQs and hate losing.  

No self awareness is your diagnosis. You are the supreme expert and basketball psychiatrist too. Sorry for posting.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Restoring My Faith In The NBA

Post  Murph Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:23 am

How great is it to see a small market, cold weather team like Milwaukee win it all?   They did everything right.  They drafted well (Giannis), they made great trades (Middleton and Holiday) and  they signed excellent free agent role players (Lopez).

And how great is it to see Giannis staying with the team that drafted and developed him, and getting rewarded for it with a ring?

Do you realize that many of the very best players in the NBA are now foreign?... Giannis, Jokic, Doncic and Embiid.  Is that an indictment of the AAU system?

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty So glad the Suns LOST!!!

Post  Oracle Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:04 am

I've come to hate the Suns because I've come to hate Chris Paul(I love Booker).

Chris Paul is one of the dirtiest players in the NBA, and he's so full of crap.

He's a primary reason the Suns lost this series, and I ask myself... Where do snakes go to get a quick meal?

Chris Paul's leg, the dude is the most snakebit Mofo in the history of the game, and it's all of that bad Karma he brings with him.

Giannis deserves this championship, but he needs to sue Middleton & Holiday for lack of support. Middleton isn't as bad as Holiday, who is just plain BRUTAL! But he also disappears way too often.

The Suns never belonged in the finals anyway, the Lakers, Clippers, Utah, all would have beaten the Bucks easily if healthy. Matter of fact, if the Nets had been healthy, the Bucks wouldn't have been there either.

To show how pathetic the Suns really are, the Bucks gave them the Gay Gentleman's sweep, spotting them 2 games then sweeping the chumps out of the playoffs.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Cad Sighting

Post  Oracle Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:51 am

lemonpen wrote:Hanging out at the Tiger game.  

What does that mean?  dance dance dance

FORUM - Page 3 Clipar11
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Second Rounders

Post  lemonpen Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:33 pm

Sparma wrote:Sounds like you really know your stuff, Murph.

Fortunately, I'm getting the sense that Weaver does too.

Weird that we've gone from Where have all the second rounders gone? to Do we have too many second rounders this year?

Murph wrote:So the Pistons have three 2nd round picks in this draft, 37, 42 and 52.  And as we have seen in recent years, the Pistons have been able to snag some pretty useful players in the 2nd round.  Bruce Brown and Saban Lee being the prime examples.

So what 2nd rounders should the 'Stones take in this years draft?  If I were GM, I'd concentrate on big men.  I'd take 3 PF/C types.  

Among those big men who might be available in the 2nd round are:

Vrenz Bleijenbergh, PF, 6'9, Belgium (I'm sure he can shoot)
Jericho Sims, PF, 6'10, 245, senior from Texas (gotta love those Longhorns)
Filip Petrusev, C, 6'11, 235, Serbia (ok...maybe not another Serb  lol )
Isaiah Livers, PF, 6'7, 230, senior from Michigan (if the Pistons took all the Wolverines and Spartans that were available, they'd be way ahead)
Roko Prkacin, PF, 6'9, 210, Croatia (another shooter)
Day'Ron Sharpe, PF, 6'11, 265, freshman from UNC (he's huge and young with the right pedigree)
EJ Onu, PF, 6'11, 240, senior from Shawnee State

Realistically, if I were Weaver,  I'd take Sims, Livers and Sharpe.

Then I'd move Jeremi Grant back to his natural position of SF, until he can be traded for more picks.
Then I'd move

"Maybe too many"
Ditto that. I hope we package one or two with a player (JJ) to move up into the first round, and trade the rest for a future asset.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Second rounders

Post  Sparma Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:14 pm

Sounds like you really know your stuff, Murph.

Fortunately, I'm getting the sense that Weaver does too.

Weird that we've gone from Where have all the second rounders gone? to Do we have too many second rounders this year?

Murph wrote:So the Pistons have three 2nd round picks in this draft, 37, 42 and 52.  And as we have seen in recent years, the Pistons have been able to snag some pretty useful players in the 2nd round.  Bruce Brown and Saban Lee being the prime examples.

So what 2nd rounders should the 'Stones take in this years draft?  If I were GM, I'd concentrate on big men.  I'd take 3 PF/C types.  

Filip Petrusev, C, 6'11, 235, Serbia (ok...maybe not another Serb  lol )
Isaiah Livers, PF, 6'7, 230, senior from Michigan (if the Pistons took all the Wolverines and Spartans that were available, they'd be way ahead)
Day'Ron Sharpe, PF, 6'11, 265, freshman from UNC (he's huge and young with the right pedigree)

Realistically, if I were Weaver,  I'd take Sims, Livers and Sharpe.

Then I'd move Jeremi Grant back to his natural position of SF, until he can be traded for more picks.
Then I'd move
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty What does it mean?

Post  Sparma Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:12 pm

Not sure, but it sounds like a great sign. Cade getting comfortable in Motown.

lemonpen wrote:Hanging out at the Tiger game.  

What does that mean?  dance dance dance
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Cade Sighting

Post  lemonpen Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:21 am

Hanging out at the Tiger game.

What does that mean? dance dance dance
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty 2nd Round

Post  Murph Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:12 am

So the Pistons have three 2nd round picks in this draft, 37, 42 and 52. And as we have seen in recent years, the Pistons have been able to snag some pretty useful players in the 2nd round. Bruce Brown and Saban Lee being the prime examples.

So what 2nd rounders should the 'Stones take in this years draft? If I were GM, I'd concentrate on big men. I'd take 3 PF/C types.

Filip Petrusev, C, 6'11, 235, Serbia (ok...maybe not another Serb lol )

Realistically, if I were Weaver, I'd take Sims, Livers and Sharpe.

Then I'd move

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Upon Further Review

Post  lemonpen Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:32 am

Oracle wrote:I think Cade just may be a franchise altering player, but you have to project what he did in college to how much better he'll get in the NBA.

The comparison they make is Luka Doncic(first video), and I can see why they say so, because the moves, shooting, etc. are similar.

However, he's more athletic than Luka, so he projects to become a better defender than Luka.

Here are a couple of videos to look at, the 2nd one is quite long, the first isn't.

Wow! Can't say I've seen better off hand shooting at the college level. His offensive skills are highly developed.
I want him.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Upon further review...

Post  Oracle Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:59 pm

I think Cade just may be a franchise altering player, but you have to project what he did in college to how much better he'll get in the NBA.

The comparison they make is Luka Doncic(first video), and I can see why they say so, because the moves, shooting, etc. are similar.

However, he's more athletic than Luka, so he projects to become a better defender than Luka.

Here are a couple of videos to look at, the 2nd one is quite long, the first isn't.

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Murph

Post  Oracle Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:59 am

Murph wrote:Yes, it's tempting.  But what if the Pistons trade the rights to Cunningham and he turns into another Luka Doncic?  

The risk is too high.  Weaver will not trade that pick.
I have to agree!

The chance to get a TRUE PG that can shoot, and has superior size, is too damn much to pass on.

He looks like picking Zeke(with size) all over again, the center piece to jump start the revolution!

But I agree with Phillip, I look at the film and I just don't see this franchise altering player... I must be missing something!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty What If...

Post  Murph Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:14 am

Yes, it's tempting. But what if the Pistons trade the rights to Cunningham and he turns into another Luka Doncic?

The risk is too high. Weaver will not trade that pick.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Houston trade talk

Post  Phil-Good Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:13 am

Tough decisions for Troy.

Houston wants Cunningham bad!! I look at tape on Chad and to be honest, I don’t see a game changer!! I don’t see Lebron, I don’t see MJ. I don’t see Shaq. But the league has changed. James Harden, Luka, Steph Curry, Trey Young, Deven Booker ( my pick in 2016). All these guys are super skilled ballers. Not super athletic.

Super athletic players are great but skills players run the NBA. Chad is a skill player.

Green passes my eye ball test. But Chad is way more mature!

Is Chad a game changer or would Green and more assets be the way to go?

I trust Troy and what he decides to do.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty What will Weaver do???

Post  Oracle Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:21 pm

Houston can make it awfully tempting!

"If the Pistons like Oklahoma State’s Cade Cunningham most, a trade seems unlikely. Houston could offer assets (like the Nos. 2, 23 and 24 picks plus future picks) to trade up, allowing Detroit more chances to draft stars. But teams rarely trade out of the No. 1 pick for that type of package when they also want the consensus top prospect.

However, if the Pistons like someone else – like Jalen Green or Evan Mobley – most, a trade seems likely. Detroit could gets its top choice at No. 2 plus additional assets. It’d just be a matter of negotiating the most-favorable return from the Rockets."Report: Rockets aggressively trying to trade up for Pistons’ No. 1 pick

Three picks in the first round... then future picks???

Damn that's attractive!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty C'ham

Post  lemonpen Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:47 pm

Phil-Good wrote:I was working with a old G tonight who just sold his house in Arlington Texas who lived 3 houses down from the house Chad mom and dad still lives in to this day. He knows Chad and has seen him grow up with a basketball in his hands literally. He says Chad has always loved the game of basketball since he was 4 years old.

Old G says Chad brother was good also and The family is a big basketball family going back to the Grand father.

Says Chad family are good people.

Just a little back ground on our top pick coming soon.

I also have friends who little brother went to school with Chad and I will try to get more background info on the kid.

No stories of drugs, bad attitude, bad family life, gang affiliation. None!

I got some basketball friends who know the kid also. All talk with high regard about Cunningham

Thanks Phil. Hopefully Cade is the guy who makes us competitive for at least a decade, and Troy recognizes it.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Cunningham

Post  Sparma Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:32 am

That all sounds good, Phil. Thanks for posting that.

I do hope you just pick the guy, although I understand that Weaver needs to entertain possibly incredible offers.

Phil-Good wrote:I was working with a old G tonight who just sold his house in Arlington Texas who lived 3 houses down from the house Chad mom and dad still lives in to this day. He knows Chad and has seen him grow up with a basketball in his hands literally. He says Chad has always loved the game of basketball since he was 4 years old.

Old G says Chad brother was good also and The family is a big basketball family going back to the Grand father.

I also have friends who little brother went to school with Chad and I will try to get more background info on the kid.

I got some basketball friends who know the kid also. All talk with high regard about Cunningham
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Personal info on Cunningham

Post  Phil-Good Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:35 am

I was working with a old G tonight who just sold his house in Arlington Texas who lived 3 houses down from the house Chad mom and dad still lives in to this day. He knows Chad and has seen him grow up with a basketball in his hands literally. He says Chad has always loved the game of basketball since he was 4 years old.

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Stanley

Post  Sparma Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:09 am

Johnson would have been an excellent pick as #8 in the second round, or maybe late in the first round. His athleticism merited taking a flier, but his low release point on his shot posed a big problem in the NBA.

Booker's the one who got away, more so than other misses like Mitchell, I think, in that SVG indicated he was under serious consideration. A Grand Rapids kid, so the Pistons must have known all about him. Good grief.

Oracle wrote:
Murph wrote:No Don...I ridicule much of what you say because you are the master of hindsight with very little value added.  And you have zero self awareness.

Stanley Johnson is the prime example.  I mean you even had me convinced that he was a good pick because you had seen him play at AU, and because of this mother, blah, blah, blah.

Don, we all remember what you said... It's alright to be wrong, drafting is a real crap shoot.

I'm still of the opinion that Stanley was ruined by SVG, just like Darko was ruined by his hype, then by Larry Brown.

Both could have been solid NBA players instead of abject failures!
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Stanley...

Post  Oracle Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:16 pm

Don, we all remember what you said... It's alright to be wrong, drafting is a real crap shoot.

I'm still of the opinion that Stanley was ruined by SVG, just like Darko was ruined by his hype, then by Larry Brown.

Both could have been solid NBA players instead of abject failures!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next