Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+6
Phil-Good
BallinD
Sparma
WTF
deusXango
Oracle
10 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Win Totals

Post  BallinD Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:42 pm

I’ll slot in at 43 wins.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Good to see the season has optimism...

Post  Oracle Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:55 pm

Here's the latest predictions.

MemberWins
DX49
Murph47
Oracle46
Stones45
Lemonpen45
Sparma44
Cool Breeze39
BallinD
Wise
Phil1980boy
Sebastian
Merc
Fly
Fennis
Sissy
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Lemonpen

Post  Sparma Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:12 pm

Good to hear from you, Lemonpen. Sounds like there's a fair bit of modest optimism for the season.

lemonpen wrote:Well we're finally getting back to business.  With new guys running things, and new ideas (hopefully), I'm going to try my arse off to sit back, observe and be patient (except maybe when Dre launches bombs).  It will be interesting to see which players flourish under Casey and which ones will have to be booted.  

One thing I will say at this point is that having Arnie K back is comforting, and hopefully will  contribute to key starters logging significantly more PT.

Put me down for 45 Dubyas please.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Game one of NBA finals last season shows Seth Curry's ability to do whatever it takes to win

Post  cool breeze Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:30 pm

During the overtime period before Golden State blew out Cleveland Labron had the ball above the free throw line. He had already scored 51 points. Durant was guarding Labron who was determined to shoot the basketball and get as close as possible to the basket. Suddenly Curry switched onto James. He moved his feet like crazy blocking any path possible for Labron to drive or get closer to the basket. At the end of the shot clock Labron gathered himself after picking up his dribble and there was Curry getting himself into the space Labron was looking for to get up his jump shot. James just had to throw it up and hope and the shot didn't have a chance thanks to Curry's amazing defense. Now Seth Curry is an incredible offensive player. We all know that. But at that moment in time I said to myself that sure looked like our Zeke who would also come out of nowhere to make the right play if it was on offense or defense when his teammates needed him the most. Those two players have the ability to think three plays ahead and they can identify when they need to really step up and break the will of their opponent. Thomas and Curry just have that extra something that few players can even comprehend.

Piston fans have to admit or submit to the whims of this ownership group of men who are extremely smart at making money but do not have a clue as to how to build a team that can compete for a NBA championship. The Pistons need one player who stands out above any other player at his position. We have none. This owner decided that he didn't need Donovan Mitchell when he already had Reggie Jackson. We actually have no player who could do what Seth Curry did on that play I described above. One thing AD has going for him this season is the fact that there are really few smart centers who are playing in the Eastern Conference. Gortat had AD's number in every matchup Washington had against the Pistons in the last few seasons. It wasn't enough that they also had Wall and Beal too. So AD couldn't get key rebounds or prevent Gortat from scoring at any time in any game. And it was also true that there was no guard on the Piston team who could defend Wall or Beal. A healthy Reggie Jackson had no chance at all of defending either guard. They would pick on him whenever they needed a basket. Unless Reggie Jackson gets a brain transplant, as the season moves forward Casey is going to say to his coaching staff we can't use Reggie tonight. His scoring cannot make up for his lack of engagement on defense. AD has been accused of lack of engagement in key games in past seasons. He is younger than Reggie and learned how to slack off from Greg Monroe on defense. Being that there are few smart big men playing in the Eastern Conference, maybe AD will develop more confidence and actually show that he cares when you need to dig down deep like Curry did in that Finals game on the defensive end. Who knows what he will do. We have to hope but then it is very clear that the Pistons are not capable of competing for a championship with these players. We need a new Zeke.

One final comment relating to something I read about Leuer last week. Some reporter stated that perhaps Jon will return to his previous form in his first season with the Pistons. Maybe the owner and the homer press thinks everyone has a short memory. Jon Leuer completely lost his confidence after the half way point in that first season when he was perfectly healthy. He started out making some 3s early in the season. Then nothing would drop for him from distance. He struggled big time on defense as well as SVG tried to find him a home at back up center and back and power forward. He couldn't guard anyone at either position it seemed. In his final game that season against the Magic, Leuer was completely humiliated much like Jason Maxiell was when the Pistons played Cleveland in the playoffs. On many nights in the NBA teams just show up. They don't bother making up a game plan and just play the game. But say in the last game of the season when young players like Gordon want to finish on a high note or in the playoffs, players and coaches target what they think are the weakest players on the opposing team. This season there are so many weak defenders, opposing coaches will have a problem deciding who the weakest defense actually might be relating to the Pistons. No team can win with players who are not committed to playing well together on the defensive end. If there is a will to win in the hearts of some of the  players in the rotation, it will be up to them to get on the asses of the same slackers we have watched in the past. Who will step up???? Can they make a difference? Coaches cannot teach effort or desire to play the right way.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Howdy Hi!

Post  lemonpen Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:56 pm

Well we're finally getting back to business. With new guys running things, and new ideas (hopefully), I'm going to try my arse off to sit back, observe and be patient (except maybe when Dre launches bombs). It will be interesting to see which players flourish under Casey and which ones will have to be booted.

One thing I will say at this point is that having Arnie K back is comforting, and hopefully will contribute to key starters logging significantly more PT.

Put me down for 45 Dubyas please.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty We've Got To Be Better

Post  deusXango Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:18 am

Healthy Reggie Jackson and Blake Griffin...Capt. Cool replacing the Master of Panic...and team chemistry has got to make the Pistons win column increase. 49 wins? Put me down for 49 wins!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:06 pm

BallinD wrote:I fear that ship (SJ starting) has sailed down the river Acheron towards the lower level of Piston's Hell!  In Dante's Inferno there are nine concentric circles of hell and who can say where we are at with SJ, which level of hell.  Every year he is "poised to breakout, and yet here we are again waiting for SJ to emerge from his shooting/finishing-at-the-rim Hell?

Bullock and Kennard?  GRIII anyone?  Hopefully Casey is not acting in his own version of Groundhogs Day, reprising Stupid Van Gundy's role?  Time will tell.  Inquiring minds want to know!?!?  
deusXango wrote:
Oracle wrote:Wow, he shot 7.7% from the field last night... I don't know how he can be a starter at that level of futility.
Stanley Johnson (toe) is questionable but all four other starters should be able to go.-Rod Beard
Oracle, what the phuque is Beard talking about??!! Please tell me something so that I can get back into my shoes because I left them when I read that sh!t he wrote.

Stanley Johnson, Glenn Robinson III, and Langston Galloway make a great bench/small ball trio and none of them should be considered fit for starting duty. Come on Casey, get your head out of your ass; I've been rooting for you all summer and you won't recognize that Reggie Bullock is the best SF (regardless of his size) we have to start. How much confidence is Luke Kennard having instilled in him by this coaching regime and why isn't he being groomed as a starter with the "green light" like Stanley? Bullock and Kennard should be the starting perimeter players when the dust clears or something's wrong.

Maybe some of you missed several articles and the analysis of the Pistons season on NBA TV. The starting unit needs at least one above average defender. Johnson can defend multiple positions including power forward, both guard spots and small forward. It won't matter which position the coach places him in. Casey doesn't care if Johnson shoots a low percentage as long as he fills the role designated for him to help make the team better. Basketball is a team thing yet fans get worked up with individual stats. If Johnson cannot fill his role and fails to defend well, he will be finished in the NBA. I doubt that will happen. There are only two players who other teams inquire about relating to making potential trades. One of course is Andre Drummond and can you guess who the other player might be? Maybe not but his name is Stanley Johnson. So perhaps you have it wrong this time. The pressure will not be on Johnson to provide double digit scoring while shooting at a high percentage. Somebody has to be able to stop the opponent's best scorer. That is how you win games.

By the way I just read the profile and predictions for the Western conference teams. Utah is projected to compete for the title because they fielded a highly talented group of players who play defense well together. They win with defense. Isn't that refreshing to go against the grain where owners like to please their fans with one dimensional players who only are in the NBA because they can score. Donovan Mitchell is a player who experts believe with have an even better year and he is a guy who has dedicated himself over the summer to become an even better defender. As a Piston fan, I have been waiting every summer for Andre Drummond to say that. Knight said it and came back after his rookie season kicking butt and taking names on defense. Fans still hated him of course which is the norm for NBA fans who like dribblers and show offs. There is no doubt that this current Piston owner is not interested in winning. He is only interested in pleasing the fans who want to see dunkers and dribblers you know the old circus act. That is what the pistons currently have again. A circus act for sure. But then there is Johnson who wants to play the right way. If he plays with Reggie Jackson maybe his shooting percentage might be 7%. But if he played with Golden State which is where he might be headed, you will see a different Stanley Johnson who will be much more appreciated by the fans because he will be playing with Seth Curry who can actually see the court and does share the basketball and does pass it to the open man.

The devil is in the details Piston fans. We have a group of one diminutional under achieving defenders who really don't care about bonding with each as players who are committed to playing superior defense must do. Blake doesn't want to be in Detroit. AD is looking for the next contract and will come out of the gate fast and then become a slacker at mid season. And then there is RJ the super star point guard who has never given an honest effort for this team on defense.

Just saying you might want to focus on how AD, BG, RJ, JL, LG who are the Big 5 relating to Piston payroll. I get pissed when I look at that insane pay roll and realize the ownership is incompetent. That scares me relating to wondering what kind of team the Pistons will have in 4 years. This team is a joke. And one might want to remember that they do not have their best overall player on the team last season in Tolliver. And they don't have Eric Moreland who always gave the Pistons a spark on defense coming off the bench. The Pistons do not have the type of players that Casey has been successful with in the past. They say he does get the best out of what he has so he will have to be damn creative to make the Pistons a better team than they were last year. On the other hand, Utah has come out of nowhere once they drafted Mitchell which is a guy our leadership passed on because they had Reggie Jackson. Great things might happen for Utah and if I were a fan of that team, I would be excited. But to actually bring back this group of Pistons again is actually pretty funny. But there is nothing the ownership really can do because those 5 guys that I mentioned are players who no NBA team would consider in a potential trade other than AD because of their contracts. They are not worth what they are being paid. So to be critical of Stanley Johnson shows me that you are on the wrong track. You just don't sign superstar starting caliber small forwards and 2 guards without paying them a lot of money or drafting them out of college. The owner passed on Mitchell and needlessly gave away our number on pick. How about some of you getting on Tom Gores ass instead of Stanley Johnson who will be gone after this season. It gets tiring reading this nonsense.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Go Stones

Post  Sparma Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:40 pm

Good to hear from you GS, even though you're making it almost impossible for me to win this year. If someone comes in at 43, I'd be about done in.

Interesting that there's such a concentration right around where Vince Ellis put an early prediction.

Go Stones! wrote:Put me down for 45 wins
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Prediction

Post  Go Stones! Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:17 am

Put me down for 45 wins
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty True Dat

Post  BallinD Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:33 pm

I fear that ship (SJ starting) has sailed down the river Acheron towards the lower level of Piston's Hell! In Dante's Inferno there are nine concentric circles of hell and who can say where we are at with SJ, which level of hell. Every year he is "poised to breakout, and yet here we are again waiting for SJ to emerge from his shooting/finishing-at-the-rim Hell?

Bullock and Kennard? GRIII anyone? Hopefully Casey is not acting in his own version of Groundhogs Day, reprising Stupid Van Gundy's role? Time will tell. Inquiring minds want to know!?!?
deusXango wrote:
Oracle wrote:Wow, he shot 7.7% from the field last night... I don't know how he can be a starter at that level of futility.
Stanley Johnson (toe) is questionable but all four other starters should be able to go.-Rod Beard
Oracle, what the phuque is Beard talking about??!! Please tell me something so that I can get back into my shoes because I left them when I read that sh!t he wrote.

Stanley Johnson, Glenn Robinson III, and Langston Galloway make a great bench/small ball trio and none of them should be considered fit for starting duty. Come on Casey, get your head out of your ass; I've been rooting for you all summer and you won't recognize that Reggie Bullock is the best SF (regardless of his size) we have to start. How much confidence is Luke Kennard having instilled in him by this coaching regime and why isn't he being groomed as a starter with the "green light" like Stanley? Bullock and Kennard should be the starting perimeter players when the dust clears or something's wrong.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:31 am

DX...I think you make a very good point about Stanley Johnson.  There's an old adage about teams:  you are your record.  In other words, you can pretend that the team is better than it really is, but after about 20 or 25 games, the statistical sample size is large enough to indicate that a team is really as good or as bad as it's record.

The same is true of players.  Johnson has played in 219 games in his career so far.  And in those 219 games, Johnson has an unacceptable FG% of 37%.  

Now we can all make excuses for him.  We can say, "He's still only 22 years old.  He'll get better."  Or "It's all Stan Van Gundy's fault."  Or, "Why did that assistant coach try to change his shooting mechanics?"  etc.  But after 219 games, you are your record.

I think Johnson has two problems.  First, he doesn't have good mechanics; he's not a good shooter.  And second, he has poor shot selection.  Like Drummond, he needs to limit his shots to dunks, lay-ups, bunnies, etc.  But for some psychological reason, he can't do that.  And so he just keeps chucking from the outside at a rate of 30% from the 3 point line, and 37% overall.

I agree he needs to come off the bench as a defensive stopper, and he needs to be handcuffed in terms of his shot selections.  If he continues to chuck up bad shots, he needs to be pulled from games...for his own good and the good of the team.  Enough is enough.

deusXango wrote:

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:40 pm

BallinD wrote:Super underwhelming so far, I’ll say.  Casey, Dre, SJ, Luke, Weggie all sucking donkey balls so far.  Better start to show something with Cleveland or we’ll officially be starting off on the wrong foot.
This is why I can't make a guess on the teams wins this year that'll be anywhere near intelligent; right now Oracle or Don are the front runners to win.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:34 pm

Sparma wrote:Hard to put my finger on it, but I have the sense coach Casey's using a bit of reverse psychology with our starting PG.  Rather than treating him as the ailing star who's return is eagerly awaited as did SVG, Casey seems to treat him as someone from whom little can be expected.
True dat' Sparma. I don't know about your finger malfunctioning but, your powers of observation are very keen.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty As a fan, am I to expect Stanley Johnson to be our starting SF?

Post  deusXango Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:26 pm

deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Here's me grasping at straws

Post  Sparma Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:08 pm

I have the feeling this coach is approaching Reggie J differently, and I like it.

Hard to put my finger on it, but I have the sense coach Casey's using a bit of reverse psychology with our starting PG. Rather than treating him as the ailing star who's return is eagerly awaited as did SVG, Casey seems to treat him as someone from whom little can be expected.

Example? What the heck was Casey's comment yesterday about Jackson maybe coming back too early? Didn't Reggie come back already at the end of last season? I know he was ailing during the summer and maybe I just don't understand the chronology of that problem. Was that a continuation of last season's woes or something new?

In any case, I get the sense Casey's trying to light a fire under Reggie J. Maybe he'll respond positively and become a decent PG. Or maybe Casey's preparing the way to sending him out the door. Either outcome would be good by me.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty It’s Early, But It’s Later Than We Think

Post  BallinD Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:56 pm

Super underwhelming so far, I’ll say. Casey, Dre, SJ, Luke, Weggie all sucking donkey balls so far. Better start to show something with Cleveland or we’ll officially be starting off on the wrong foot.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Discouraging

Post  Murph Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:04 am

I know it's just preseason, but what I've seen so far it pretty discouraging. We are going to have to get better play from our starting PG and PF. Let's hope they can flick a switch once the regular season begins.

In addition, Drummond is now 0-9 from the 3 point line. Can we please put an end to this insanity?

47 wins.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Stanley Johnson

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:29 am

Wow, he shot 7.7% from the field last night... I don't know how he can be a starter at that level of futility.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Updates...

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:24 am

Regular Season
MemberWins
Oracle46
Sparma44
Cool Breeze39
BallinD
DX
Lemonpen
Murph
Wise
Stones
Phil1980boy
Sebastian
Merc
Fly
Fennis
Sissy
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:28 pm

Oracle wrote:Ok, I have your prediction and I'm raising you by 2 wins... let's get this party started. Oh, and I'm still bullish after the loss to the Nets.

Regular Season
MemberWins
Oracle46
Sparma44
BallinD
DX
Lemonpen
Murph
Cool Breeze
Wise
Stones
Phil1980boy
Sebastian
Merc
Fly
Fennis
Sissy

Sparma wrote:Oracle, I'd like to put in my 44 win prediction.  Thanks for gathering the info.

Lions showing flashes again.  Before the season, and certainly after the opener, I would have happily settled for 2-3 at this point.

Lions defensive line looks pitiful at times. The offense lacks the killer instinct playing soft on offense when they could have had an early blow out. Just an off game for the Lions opponent Green Bay. Pre season games showed that the team had next to no positive team chemistry. It is tough to put a winning team on the field for the Detroit Lions. The Lions should be playing outside to find toughness and establish an identity again. Open up the roof.

My prediction is that the Pistons will start off with a winning record and then will crash land again after Christmas. They have the same problem that the Lions suffer with. They have no leaders and no real identity. Reading the Free Press article relating to predicting who will be in the starting lineup is an indication to me that nothing is going to change anytime soon. Who will the coach select as the throw in starters after the Big 3 (AD, GB, and RJ) take the floor? Are we to assume that the Big Three scare any opposing team in the NBA? The throw in players mentioned will of course be blamed for the failure of the team to win against the superior teams. But the real killer was the part about how the new head coach must be extremely careful with his often injured stars Blake and Reggie. Got to be real careful with those guys for sure. Notice how the injury bug has hit both players hard. What is puzzling is that this owner must have had no clue as to Griffin's injury history when he gave away our number one pick and a young blooming star player in Tobias Harris who is playing much better not having to be on the floor with Reggie Jackson.

I have one suggestion for our ownership group of idiots. The Suns owner Robert Sarver fired Ryan McDonough yesterday. Sarver is another owner who thinks he knows more about basketball than anyone even Steve Kerr who quit working for the Suns as their GM under Sarver years ago. McDonough is a really bright man who knows how to build a real NBA team. The owner wants to win now rather than build a team that has the potential to win a championship. The Suns have three young players with potential to become super stars. And they signed Anderson in this off season to bring stability to the team. But what I was thinking is perhaps Sarver with his win now mentality might be suckered into a trade for Andre Drummond, Blake Griffin and Reggie Jackson. Then the Pistons could get the young talented kids who are currently losing but learning what it takes to win. I know the salary difference is a deal breaker though as is the case with any trade option anyone can think of relating to the the current nightmare salary structure the Pistons high command has created. There is no hope for the Pistons to win a championship now or for many years to come but if Tom Gores called Sarver, maybe he might bite on one of our Big Three. I know some of the Piston fans would be extremely depressed to lose RJ, BG or most of all AD. After all the Pistons might actually get that 8th spot in the playoffs if everything goes right and RJ and BG limit their minutes and play only half of each game.

I predict that the Detroit media will start hyping Galloway and Leuer in the coming days as the Pistons secret weapons. That of course will have nothing to do with the amount of their insane contracts either.

My crystal ball says the Pistons will win 39 games this season. Blake's small right toe and Reggie Jackson's knee will be the cause of the Pistons downfall. The local media will bail out the Piston front office again saying that the unpredictable injury bug took the Pistons front office by surprise. But if both RJ and BG can have a steady healthy off season after this season anything will be possible. Hey the Pistons might win the championship if they don't have to play against Anthony Davis or any of the top players in the NBA. All the Pistons need is a creative schedule. Some smart owner is going to hire Ryan McDonough but of course it won't be the Pistons owner who would not like what Ryan would advise the owner to do to actually create a path to win an NBA championship. This Pistons ownership group enjoys not knowing that they don't know crap about anything relating to basketball. They are good at putting on good pre game and half time entertainment.

39 games

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Lions...

Post  Oracle Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:02 am

Sparma: "Lions showing flashes again. Before the season, and certainly after the opener, I would have happily settled for 2-3 at this point."

I agree, most thought it would be a LOT worse, so I'm ok with the record right now, but I never would have predicted who we beat and who we lost to  lol

Another thing is that I'm warming up to Matt "Don't call me Shirley" Patricia. My hope is that they'll play even better once they get more acquainted with his system.

Right now though, I'm not sure who these guys are. I just want the real Lions to show up consistently.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:53 am

Ok, I have your prediction and I'm raising you by 2 wins... let's get this party started. Oh, and I'm still bullish after the loss to the Nets.

Regular Season
MemberWins
Oracle46
Sparma44
BallinD
DX
Lemonpen
Murph
Cool Breeze
Wise
Stones
Phil1980boy
Sebastian
Merc
Fly
Fennis
Sissy

Sparma wrote:Oracle, I'd like to put in my 44 win prediction.  Thanks for gathering the info.

Lions showing flashes again.  Before the season, and certainly after the opener, I would have happily settled for 2-3 at this point.

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Settling on 44

Post  Sparma Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:09 pm

Oracle, I'd like to put in my 44 win prediction. Thanks for gathering the info.

Lions showing flashes again. Before the season, and certainly after the opener, I would have happily settled for 2-3 at this point.

Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:02 pm

Murph wrote:When are Griffin and Jackson going to play?  I realize with their injury history, I'm grasping at straws here.  But if we have to go into the season starting Ellenson at PF, and whomever at PG, we're going to be bad....really bad.

Oracle...that was one ugly article.  And it was even worse because it has a ring of truth to it.  Whoever concocted the Griffin trade, whether it was SVG or Gores, may very well have crippled this franchise for years.

The Lions won but who can feel good when the opposing field goal kicker was the difference in the game. Yet the Lions have more going for them than the Pistons knowing that Blake's contract will send the Pistons into purgatory for a long time. Dumb and Dumber relating to the owner making the dumbest trade in Piston history outside of Dick Vitalle's mind fart relating to Bob MacAdoo. Imagine being in the room of the Piston brain trust when someone said say why not throw in our number one pick to sweeten the deal? Incredible!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Kool Aide

Post  deusXango Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:28 am

Fans that don't care for or appreciate what Andre Drummond brings to the game will probably never care for him and will always find something wrong with him, real or imagined. The fact is he's one of the finest big men to enter the NBA in the 21st century. The Whiteside tip-in didn't make him a fine center, if it did The Heat wouldn't be trying to part with him. Embid? It took him how long, after being drafted, before he could give the 76ers one decent season? Was that part of "The Process?" DeAndre Jordan had Chris Paul, and Blake Griffin (at the peak of powers) before the Warriors took control of the league...where's the championships? The conference finals? How about the evidence he worked on his game during the offseason? And so it goes. I'm not losing my mind because the leagues top rebounder worked on a 3 pointer during an offseason and is only taking 2-3 a game (so he's 0-5 in two pre-season games) it shows he's trying and working. I'm not going to "dog" the man because some do; I'm not a lemming.

I really don't believe Griffin has worked hard all summer and come up out of the gym with a mystery injury. My belief is Casey has placed a value on a genuine Pistons star, who's fragile, and being protective of him, that's why he isn't being played. If Griffin (God forbid) is to suffer an injury, let it be in the heat of battle not some meaningless preseason game; hurt by Alfred E. Newman. Griffin is reconfiguring his game, much the way McDyess, did and we loved Antonio! Let's see the results.

Reggie, on the other hand is the real mystery to me. I don't recall RJ ending the season on IR, or hobbled in any way, so why is he being treated like he finished the year injured and fans are not questioning that? I'm hoping Big Ed and the boys are keeping Reggie out of harms way until a trade can be made, upgrading our starting PG position, and not letting Casey get trapped by the residual madness of SVG's decision making with a position as important as starting PG. Casey is experimenting on every possible way for the Pistons offense to be effective with the ball out of Reggie's hands and thus far, he ain't playing. What do y'all think?

Larry Brown's "Going to Work" gang stumbled out of the gate, until they got it, and once they got it there was no stopping them! I'm not putting Casey in the same class as LB, but patience was called for then and I think patience is called for now. I can't wait for tomorrow to see for myself what this team looks like.

If Anthony Tolliver had no place on this team, due to money and performance, what's to be done about Jon Leuer, Reggie Jackson, Stanley Johnson, and Langston Galloway? We can grab hold to and fall in love with some of the damnedest players. This is MONEY that's either sitting around or otherwise non-productive. Can we afford to carry non-productive, mediocre, players?

Go Pistons
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next