Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+6
cool breeze
Sparma
Oracle
WTF
BallinD
deusXango
10 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty One more option for backup SF

Post  deusXango Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:00 pm

Why not give Luke Kennard those 12 minutes at backup SF? He doesn't have the natural physical attributes of Stanley Johnson, but his court savvy and shifty play with the ball would more than compensate for what we'd loose on the defensive end (I know some will beat the SVG drum about defense as a legit reason for not playing a rookie) and his team first attitude is what seems to be making this team tick. You're right Murph, Bullock has been sucking to high heaven!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Next Level

Post  WTF Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:52 am

Nice start to the season so far but I hope that SVG doesn't decide to stand pat and see how things turnout.  He has to make a move, he has to take a risk too get to the next level with this team.   

I predicted 39 wins and from the early look of it I might be wrong but this team has to be better than just a 1st round team this team needs to be at least at a minimum contending for the ECF this season.  This team IMO is already 2 season behind where they should be and while I see small signs of maturation on the parts of RJ and AD 9 games isn't 82 to be making any claims they've finally seen the errors of their recent ways.  

I would like to see them win the next 3 home games before I can begin walking in the direction of the Kool Aid Stand.  I still think this team needs to retool itself just not sure SVG will know what to do with the team come trade deadline but standing pat should not be an option regardless to where the team is standing when it does come.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Reserve SF

Post  Murph Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:37 am

Please let me clarify my position.  I am not a Jon Leuer fan.  Yes, he is over-paid.  Yes, he has been a disappointment coming off the bench.  And yes, career journeymen, Tolliver and Moreland are badly out-playing his butt on both ends of the court.

My post was more about up-grading the reserve SF position than finding playing time for Leuer.  Reggie Bullock might be the only Piston on the roster who's playing worse than Leuer.  So I threw out 4 suggestions, and let me add one more.

1.  Leuer
2.  Montero
3.  Pick up another SF off the waiver wire
4.  Change the starting line-up so that SJ comes off the bench at reserve SF (the least desirable option at this point)
5.  Keep bringing Bullock off the bench and hope he improves (probably the best, easiest option)

Several knowledgeable poster are certain that Leuer cannot defend SFs.  I'll take their word on that, which eliminates option 1.

But really, I'm only talking about 12 reserve minutes a game at SF, which is not a big deal.  It's just that the team is playing so well, there's not much else to comment on.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Stuff

Post  BallinD Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:13 am

It is somewhat unusual for us to come out of the gate like this, so we might as well enjoy it while it lasts... rather than fretting and fuming about every little thing we don't like. Overall, I'm liking the direction of the team, despite its well-stated flaws, and SVG really needs to get over his mancrush with Leuer.  

I am happy SVG appears to have decided to coach.  

I think this season we will see what's he's got.  

Surprisingly I am not upset with the GR Drive assignments for Ellensen and Kennard.  I think SVG does get it and is just trying to get them some game action.

I am in agreement so far with most of the lineup choices by SVG, including SJ and finally finally finally deciding to let Tobias be the go-to and not Weggie.  Avery is coming on as well.

SJ's development could possibly be the story of the year; having a playmaker and plus defender and plus + (coughcough cough) 3pt shooter, could we someday call him 3 & D?  Stranger things have happened.  We need somebody else to step up big.

It is early, but the foundation feels different, a humbled SVG, a key addition (Bradley) + Maturation X2 (Dre n Weggie) + JunkYardDawg Tolliver Effect in the House. Galloway appears to be a player.

The East is Weak, Boston and Cleveland for sure. We may have given Washington something to think about.  We have served notice to the league that we might be in somebody's conversation for something sometime.  We are playing (mostly) all for one.  The offense was diversified.  The younguns are playing.  Dre is hitting free throws and playing somewhat engaged

(not buying any kool aid yet tho.)   lol  lol
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  deusXango Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:34 pm

Murph wrote:
deusXango wrote:
Murph wrote:Instead of being the reserve PF or center, Leuer should be allowed to compete with Reggie Bullock for reserve SF minutes.  At 6'10, 228, Leuer should be quick enough and long enough to defend a lot of reserve SFs.  And he shoots well from the perimeter.  

With the stacked team that the Pistons are today, where one has to earn minutes in the rotation, Jon Leuer has played his way to the end of the bench. Oh he's had some outstanding moments, but with the time he's been on the floor, I'm expecting more than "moments."

DX...I only suggest that Leuer be allowed to compete for reserve SF minutes, because Reggie Bullock has been beyond bad. I'm just looking to upgrade the one weak spot in an otherwise outstanding rotation.  Either try Leuer at SF, or call up Luis Montero from the G-League and give him a run, or sign another SF off the waiver wire, because Bullock isn't contributing.

Another option would be to move Harris to SF, start Toliver, and bring SJ and Leuer off bench.  But with the team playing so well, I'd hate to mess with the starting line-up.

Good game last night against a really bad team.
Murph, my quoting you wasn't intended as a personal attack, just the contrary. You've posted too many good things that I've been in total agreement with. You're a Jon Leuer fan, I get that, but IMHO he hasn't been pulling his weight as one of the highest paid players on the team. Reggie, who's returning from rehabbing an injury, Andre, with his no FT shooting ass, and Tobias, who Leuer replaced in the starting lineup (there wasn't enough scoring on the 2nd unit, which suggests to me that Leuer wasn't doing his job there) are all playing their asses off. Reggie is facilitating, Andre is hitting his FT's, and Tobias remains the teams top scorer; what the f@ck is Leuer contributing that suggests he put in work during the off-season? I'm not a fan of Jon Leuer's, and used your post as a foundation for mine....
Damn Jon, "you coulda been a comtenda!" The uncertainties and inconsistency is there as a fact of life. Jon Leuer is not hurt and been in the league too long for this cry baby sh!t, "I've lost my confidence." Inconsistency and uncertainty equals unreliable. The money SVG signed him to, to replace/upgrade Anthony Tolliver is a waste; Anthony Tolliver is playing circles around him and more valuable off the bench than Leuer was as a starter.

I love your suggestion of calling up Luis Montero, for backup SF duty, but someone has to go...I ain't for the most logical cut/trade taking place just yet...there's a lot of ball to be played before the trade deadline, and things may turn around.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Lack of playing time in rookie season showing on Ellenson don't let it happen to Kennard

Post  cool breeze Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:07 pm

The Pistons have two players who are better than prospects in Ellenson and Kennard. I for one believe that those two have the ability to shoot the lights out but the coach needs patience and should never give up on them regardless of how many shots they might miss this season. And those two players have to dig deep and become defenders who will not hurt the team when they get opportunities.

There are comments about Leuer competing for minutes at small forward. The coach has given Jon a long look at center and power forward. Leuer has never played small forward to my knowledge. He was beaten by Arron Gordon in the last game of last season badly because of his lack of quickness. Sure he has size but he lacks the quickness to defend power forwards in today's fast paced NBA game. I wish Leuer all the luck in the world but the focus needs to be on Ellenson and Kennard not Bullock and Leuer. Both Ellenson and Kennard are extremely young much like Johnson. That makes three players who have outstanding potential. A while back many posters were talking about a blow up. With the recent success the Pistons are in great position having a blend of experienced players and the 3 young players who one day might shock the world of basketball wearing a Piston uniform. Johnson has firmly established himself as a solid play maker who is making Andre Drummond shine this season with his passes in the paint. And his defense is even better than anyone could have predicted for a 20 year old performer. I really like the Pistons future with those three players. I just hope that SVG either keeps them in game shape by playing them in GR or finding time in the rotation for them now. Both have had at least one really good NBA regular season game where the shots were falling. There will be more games this season where they can really help this team if given the opportunity. I just hope SVG is thinking about how this team can look one to two years down the road while keeping all the current rotation players playing at a high level.

The game Moreland played in the first half against the Bucks was key to that win. He was everywhere on defense.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:38 am

deusXango wrote:
Murph wrote:Instead of being the reserve PF or center, Leuer should be allowed to compete with Reggie Bullock for reserve SF minutes.  At 6'10, 228, Leuer should be quick enough and long enough to defend a lot of reserve SFs.  And he shoots well from the perimeter.  

With the stacked team that the Pistons are today, where one has to earn minutes in the rotation, Jon Leuer has played his way to the end of the bench. Oh he's had some outstanding moments, but with the time he's been on the floor, I'm expecting more than "moments."

DX...I only suggest that Leuer be allowed to compete for reserve SF minutes, because Reggie Bullock has been beyond bad. I'm just looking to upgrade the one weak spot in an otherwise outstanding rotation.  Either try Leuer at SF, or call up Luis Montero from the G-League and give him a run, or sign another SF off the waiver wire, because Bullock isn't contributing.

Another option would be to move Harris to SF, start Toliver, and bring SJ and Leuer off bench.  But with the team playing so well, I'd hate to mess with the starting line-up.

Good game last night against a really bad team.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty My Prediction for 2017-18

Post  deusXango Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:02 am

"This is a 50 win team, so why not predict 50 wins?!" Yeah, I said it and without reservations. I've spent the entire off-season with my foot firmly planted in SVG's, Reggie, and Leuer's asses, calling for their immediate removal, but with what I've seen so far, well, pass the crow. SVG has shown himself to be a better than competent coach who's willing to play a 11-12 man rotation, rather than his favored "great 8" rotation, and the team's chemistry is developing at a rapid rate...these guys genuinely care and play for each other. He's been willing to push buttons and take chances, something he's not done in the past, due to stubbornness. Ye ole lame duck is beginning to coach his ass off. Very Happy

Reggie Jackson, to my amazement, is trying this new thing called playing team ball. In addition to join in on the defensive efforts put forth by the team, he's clearly fighting his instincts to play "hero ball" and as a result his overall efficiency has increased. He's not pouting because SVG won't let him eat up all the PT at PG, but using those breaks to get stronger and making the team stronger. I'm not going to live in fear of what a negative tomorrow may bring, but wish the man well in the days to come. Very Happy

Sad Damn Jon, "you coulda been a comtenda!" The uncertainties and inconsistency is there as a fact of life. Jon Leuer is not hurt and been in the league too long for this cry baby sh!t, "I've lost my confidence." Inconsistency and uncertainty equals unreliable. The money SVG signed him to, to replace/upgrade Anthony Tolliver is a waste; Anthony Tolliver is playing circles around him and more valuable off the bench than Leuer was as a starter. Well, two out of three ain't bad.

For those that continuously called for Drummonds departure because of his lack of defense and poor FT's, I hope you're appreciating the efforts, work put in, and the growing maturity this young man has and is showing. I for one am damn glad he's doing it in a Pistons uniform, instead of a competitors. Going from 70% to 38% is not "coming down to earth" and I don't understand why one would say that; going from 38% to 70% through preseason and into the first 10 games of the season (being heavily fouled) is what I call remarkable improvement due to hard work and dedication! I once read that SVG wanted Andre to play like Deandre Jordon, but the reality is, Doc Rivers would love for Jordon to be playing like Drummond, right about now. I know some will never forgive Drummond for that lapse of focus when he allowed Whiteside to tap the ball in, over him, at the last second, even when he makes the All-Star game this year and leads the team into the ECF! I'm delusional enough to think that if this collection of "strangers" can show such grit, maturity, and determination, the ECF are possible in this "weak ass east!"

Bradley, Johnson, and Harris are playing the right way in spite of being undersized; they're undersized, but formidable and we're winning with them. Jackson and Drummond are showing that they're capable of more than P&R and we're winning. The bench play is a verb, adjective, and pronoun...AWESOME! This is not mass hypnosis or being done with smoke and mirrors; this is real! 50 wins at least!

deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Now that's what I'm talking about...

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:28 am

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Kings

Post  Sparma Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:01 am

Another impressive win, with AD looking great. I'd like to adjust my prediction upwards, while remaining cautious: 46-36.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Ready, Set, Go

Post  BallinD Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:46 pm

Good Win!  

Well, I have seen enough.  I am thinking that the Stones will win 50 games this year.  My predictions are 53 wins for 2017-18 season.  Hoping they can get a second round berth with that kind of performance.  At any rate, Go Pistons!  If they do all that, then Avery will stay and be re-signed and the Stones will be capped out as a "pretty good" team.

I
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Nice Win

Post  WTF Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:21 pm

Wow collectively above 50% overall FG% and Holy Moly!!!! 54% from deep.   Team sure starting to look like it can win 50 games but I won't change from my 39 win prediction because SVG will screw this up.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Thus Spake Zarathrustra

Post  deusXango Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:51 pm

This is a 50 win team, so why not predict 50 wins?!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty AD

Post  WTF Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:32 pm

Andre stats should read like this every single night still not convince though
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Leuer

Post  Murph Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:03 am

Instead of being the reserve PF or center, Leuer should be allowed to compete with Reggie Bullock for reserve SF minutes. At 6'10, 228, Leuer should be quick enough and long enough to defend a lot of reserve SFs. And he shoots well from the perimeter.

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:45 am

Murph wrote:Don. I don't actually hate Stanley Johnson.  In fact, I've been very pleased by his development this year.  And he had another good defensive game last night.

I just rip on SJ to get you to write half page diatribes defending him.  It beats reading your half page diatribes blasting our future HOFer, Andre Drummond, who had another great game last night.  Or your half page diatribes ripping into our scrappy PG, Reggie Jackson, who is heroically fighting back from a serious knee injury, and who's also playing better than anyone dreamed he would.

It's kind of like when Wise would relentlessly rip into Rodney Stuckey.  I starting blasting one of Wise's favorites, Charlie Villanueva, to distract him from Stuckey.  lol

Great game last night.  I loved the standing ovation Dre received for his free throw shooting.  clap clap  clap

And there is no reason Jon Jeuer should ever play another minute at reserve center.  Eric Moreland was a revelation last night.  Moreland was outstanding.   pom pom

The new arena looked more full than the first few games.  I hope Lemonpen was there enjoying the game.

Oracle on thing is true. We all really care about the success of the Pistons. When they win and play the right way, everything is right with the world. It feels the same as when we were kids and playing on our teams. There was nothing worse than losing.

Drummond played a great game. And there can be nothing to be critical of relating to both centers referring to both Andre and Eric. That was the Moreland that I remember who was a high basketball IQ player for Oregon State a few years ago.

Johnson and Tolliver bottled up the Greed Freak last night. What an effort they both made.

The only weakness last night was at the starting point guard position but until the last 2 minutes of the game, if you forgot Reggie's weak defense on Brogdon, I thought Reggie looked more like a real point guard on offense. He got the offense started and let his teammates run the plays this team practices. But then with just under 2 minutes to go, first Reggie did not react properly on defense when his man got by him with dribble penetration and Johnson switched to cut Brogdon off before he reached the rim. That was supposed to be a hit and switch play where Johnson reacted properly but Reggie failed to jump out on the Freak and the result was a 3 pointer. Then after that Reggie deviated from the brilliant SVG game play and did his own thing at the expense of this team. Yes Reggie said it is Reggie Time and then dribble around and ended up with a contested off balance 3 point shot that had no chance of making it to the rim. Johnson steals the ball to save Reggie. The Pistons are really in command of the game. All Reggie had to do is take the shot clock down or better yet get a pass out to Bradley on the wing and that would have forced the Bucks into committed a foul to stop the clock. But instead Reggie decided to go solo and drive the ball into traffic with 20 seconds left in the clock. What kind of idiot does that kind of thing if they have ever been on a winning caliber team? SVG had smoke coming off his forehead. I think Reggie went one on one for the last 4 possessions. Even the layup he made was a dumb thing to do. Take the ball out and burn clock. The point guard has to be the smartest player on the floor and Reggie proved that he is just a guy trying to find his own shot in another show off circus act type performance. At least in this game, I thought he handled himself pretty well on offense especially in the first half. Hopefully Reggie learned something from the last two minutes of this game. All he needs to do is improve on defense and share the basketball more like he did in the first half.

Overall this was a great example of the capability this team has to beat almost anyone when they share the ball, grind it out playing tough defense and limiting dribble penetration while sticking to their specific game plan. For this team it will have to be defense that creates victories and I for one am loving seeing the hard nosed grit these players showed last night and in the Clippers and Golden State game. This team did learn something in that loss to the Lakers. Great job!!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty SJ

Post  Murph Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:41 am

Don. I don't actually hate Stanley Johnson.  In fact, I've been very pleased by his development this year.  And he had another good defensive game last night.

I just rip on SJ to get you to write half page diatribes defending him.  It beats reading your half page diatribes blasting our future HOFer, Andre Drummond, who had another great game last night.  Or your half page diatribes ripping into our scrappy PG, Reggie Jackson, who is heroically fighting back from a serious knee injury, and who's also playing better than anyone dreamed he would.

It's kind of like when Wise would relentlessly rip into Rodney Stuckey.  I starting blasting one of Wise's favorites, Charlie Villanueva, to distract him from Stuckey.  lol

Great game last night.  I loved the standing ovation Dre received for his free throw shooting.  clap clap  clap

And there is no reason Jon Jeuer should ever play another minute at reserve center.  Eric Moreland was a revelation last night.  Moreland was outstanding.  

The new arena looked more full than the first few games.  I hope Lemonpen was there enjoying the game.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Wise and Game

Post  Oracle Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:35 pm

Wise, you better believe he's in damage control mode! SVG had his ass traded and plays for Bledsoe already put into the offense  lol

Then BOOM, something happened, I'm not sure what, but either NO or the Suns got cold feet, likely NO because two first round picks should be heaven for a rebuilding team like Phoenix. Hell, I wish we were smart enough to get two first round picks to add to our own.

Tonight's Game: We should be able to beat the Bucks pretty bad. They're sputtering after initially looking good coming out of the gate. We may not blow them out, but we should win. 

Another tough match up for Stanley as Antetokounmpo is a tough cover.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:10 pm

Oracle wrote:
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2017/11/03/pistons-van-gundy-were-not-trading-jackson-bledsoe/107300812/?src=rss wrote:“It was crazy yesterday,” Van Gundy said Friday. “I left practice yesterday and there’s a rumor out on Reggie and Bledsoe so I had to get home and call Reggie and say we’re not trading you for Bledsoe. I don’t usually address all of them but it’s early in the (season). You can’t address all of them at the trade deadline, but I felt the need to address this.”

Van Gundy has said in the past that general manager Jeff Bower does his due diligence in reaching out about trade possibilities — and in this case, there may have been preliminary talks — but nothing came to fruition.
Nothing came of it... No sh!t!!!

These rumors have been going on all week and he's just hearing about them yesterday??? What a crock!

I have little respect for SVG these days and this is why the coach needs to be an honest broker and not be the GM who has to do shady stuff.

I've said it before, if anybody on this teams believes anything SVG says about their career, they need to be shot.

Now we get the silly lie about Kennard! Kennard can't play because SVG doesn't like his aggressiveness! More BS, he's not playing because he's a rookie and everyone ahead of him is playing well, it's as simple as that, but the truth is SVG's enemy.

BTW, I agree with the reason Kennard isn't playing.

This man is toxic, IMO.

I was just thinking SVG is full of **** and if Reggie believe his ass wasn't about to be traded he's a fool.   I don't know what made Phoenix back away or if New Orleans wasn't in play but it seem like Reggie was on his way to New Orleans yesterday.  

SVG is in damage control mode right now so that means he's piling on the ****
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Van Gundy is so full of sh!t...

Post  Oracle Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:00 pm

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2017/11/03/pistons-van-gundy-were-not-trading-jackson-bledsoe/107300812/?src=rss wrote:“It was crazy yesterday,” Van Gundy said Friday. “I left practice yesterday and there’s a rumor out on Reggie and Bledsoe so I had to get home and call Reggie and say we’re not trading you for Bledsoe. I don’t usually address all of them but it’s early in the (season). You can’t address all of them at the trade deadline, but I felt the need to address this.”

Van Gundy has said in the past that general manager Jeff Bower does his due diligence in reaching out about trade possibilities — and in this case, there may have been preliminary talks — but nothing came to fruition.
Nothing came of it... No sh!t!!! Now that the deal is DEAD, he magically comes out and says nothing to see here, move on! SVG, your Jedi mind tricks are lame!

These rumors have been going on all week and he's just hearing about them yesterday??? What a crock!

I have little respect for SVG these days and this is why the coach needs to be an honest broker and not be the GM who has to do shady stuff.

I've said it before, if anybody on this teams believes anything SVG says about their career, they need to be shot.

Now we get the silly lie about Kennard! Kennard can't play because SVG doesn't like his aggressiveness! More BS, he's not playing because he's a rookie and everyone ahead of him is playing well, it's as simple as that, but the truth is SVG's enemy.

BTW, I agree with the reason Kennard isn't playing.

This man is toxic, IMO.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Don

Post  Oracle Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:47 pm

WTF wrote:Cool I swear do you just make stuff up as you go along?  
Cool wrote:I will not write any additional posts standing up for Johnson. You and Oracle know it all. - Don, this is rich, the only person that claims to know everything about Stanley is YOU!!! While you understand the game and have good insights, your level of immaturity as it relates to evaluating players is becoming very obvious. 
I don't recall myself or Oracle claiming to know it all we just don't agree with you that Stanley is the next Dennis Rodman.  While we have all the proof that he's not largely because he currently isn't that being the biggest of proof.  I guess we are suppose to just take your word for it perhaps you should stop standing up for SJ because it questions your judgement. You have to stand back in amazement at a guy who over time keeps repeating the same mistakes over and over again and learns nothing... reading is fundamental.
Cool wrote:Maybe old school Piston fans are extinct and a new breed has arrived that loves selfish shoot first players who score 20 points a game but couldn't guard my Grandmother when she was alive. Don, then maybe KCP should have changed his name to Stanley Johnson Sr or something, because you complained about his shooting to no end and never credited him with playing any defense... how many ways do you want crap! He's gone and you still hate him.
This doesn't sound like me or Oracle  lol.  I'm sure we both wish Stanley was all the things you're claiming him to be but he's not.  First you have never seen a post of mine where I was more interested in stats over substance,  you know I prefer a pass first traditional type PG.   You also know that I've pine for the days of old and preach fundamentals over all things all the time.  Exactly, Stanley has talent and is improving so far, but he isn't anything special. Obviously he's not a bust as Phillip said, but come on, at times he's surely impersonating one.

Just be real Cool if Stanley was going to be the next Dennis Rodman we'll already know it and the only one saying he will be is you.  I'll believe it when I see Stanley defending Cousins ala Rodman defending the Dream.  Call me the day Stanley grabs 13 boards and have 5 blocks while holding Lebron below his season average.
Don, everything Zeke says isn't gospel! He's a talking head and a Piston fan, he wants us to be successful and he wants to butter up players to keep getting scoops.

You should have been glad if Stanley got traded back to your home state where you could watch his every game and sneak views of him late at night through the awesome technology of recorded video  lol

I predicted the Stanley would have a breakout year, so far I'm wrong, but he is moving in the right direction. You need to be a Piston fan, if we can get something for Stanley that makes us better, we need to do it.

I see you put down Bledsoe, but any casual observer should know that Bledsoe is a better player than Jackson, and doesn't have asthma.

BTW, your goal shouldn't be to stop posting about Stanley, that's a childish response. The goal should be to get better about posting about all players and keep the personal put downs out of it. For some reason you can't see that the facts speak for themselves, no additional personal editorial is required.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Really Cool You're One Crazy Guy

Post  WTF Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:56 am

Cool I swear do you just make stuff up as you go along?  

Cool wrote:I will not write any additional posts standing up for Johnson. You and Oracle know it all.

I don't recall myself or Oracle claiming to know it all we just don't agree with you that Stanley is the next Dennis Rodman.  While we have all the proof that he's not largely because he currently isn't that being the biggest of proof.  I guess we are suppose to just take your word for it perhaps you should stop standing up for SJ because it questions your judgement.

Cool wrote:Maybe old school Piston fans are extinct and a new breed has arrived that loves selfish shoot first players who score 20 points a game but couldn't guard my Grandmother when she was alive.

This doesn't sound like me or Oracle  lol.  I'm sure we both wish Stanley was all the things you're claiming him to be but he's not.  First you have never seen a post of mine where I was more interested in stats over substance,  you know I prefer a pass first traditional type PG.   You also know that I've pine for the days of old and preach fundamentals over all things all the time.  

Just be real Cool if Stanley was going to be the next Dennis Rodman we'll already know it and the only one saying he will be is you.  I'll believe it when I see Stanley defending Cousins ala Rodman defending the Dream.  Call me the day Stanley grabs 13 boards and have 5 blocks while holding Lebron below his season average.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:22 am

WTF wrote:
Cool wrote:Johnson has been one of our best players and most effective players this season. Zeke said that on NBA TV not me. He is the glue player who makes stops, gets deflections, grabs big rebounds and has also been making his share of shots lately. He could be the next Dennis Rodman relating to his ability to defend multiple positions. But it is just like Zeke said, a lot of fans look at those players who score 18 to 20 points a game and say boy that is what we need.

Man you're too funny I doubt very seriously that Zeke said Stanley could be the next Dennis Rodman  lol  How hard is it to be the best defender on the team in one's eyes if one thinks the rest of the team can't defend.  I guess Stanley is your Super Hero.

You're talking he potentially can defend all 5 positions that's not saying he can so until you have proof why tout it as fact.  We knew immediately that Rodman was special as rookie no one was saying in his 3rd year what Rodman can potentially be. Rodman was a lock down defender who defended every position on the court not just any players but the best of the best the ELITES, he was rebounding champ like 3 or 4 times.   You're crazy for even saying such nonsense Cool  facepalm  I doubt that right now Stanley is on par with Hunter.

And Stop Lying On Zeke

I said Johnson could be our Dennis Rodman. Zeke said "The pistons need more players like Stanley Johnson". He didn't just say that one time either. I have heard him say it several times WTF. You win games in the playoffs with players who can defend. Regular season games are mostly fake games until the last few minutes. But playoff games require smart players who can pass the ball to open teammates, set screens and defend. The knee jerk reactions are amazing to me knowing that Johnson is only a kid yet already is our best defender and a really good play maker. The problem is that he doesn't touch the basketball enough. Do you watch the games? Have you seen Johnson make those complicated spot on bounce passes to AD at the right moment and time? Who else does that on this team? The problem this team has is Johnson is not a big part of the offense which consists of the point guard bringing the ball up the court and finding his shot or a shot for Harris. Two players dominate the ball and they both shoot off balance low percentage shots early in the shot clock. I know the real problem is that the head coach actually tells his players that they have the green light. No worries according to SVG. No need to run a half court offense at all. To play that game you need super star stud players not average shooters. If you don't have superstar players you need to run a damn half court offense and use both sides of the court. That creates good team chemistry too and average NBA players have a chance to actually win some games playing that style. And Stanley Johnson is a guy who can be effective in a half court offense. Can this coaching staff control their out of control players and can they teach the players how to play a more complicated half court offense? Looks like the coaching staff can't do either of those things.

We agree that it would be nice to see a replacement for Reggie Jackson. But do we want another Reggie Jackson in Bledsoe? I would prefer a younger version of a player like Jeff Teague. We need a starting point guard who has a basketball brain that doesn't border on mentally challenged. I would move Jackson for a 2nd round draft pick with expiring contracts and then start Bradley at point guard and see how that works out if Jackson plays another game like the Laker game which was a repeat of all of his games last season. I think Bradley would work out fantastically well and might eliminate the amount of quick shots this team takes. The talk about including Johnson as a throw in is much like Dumars throwing in Middleton in that trade involving Jennings for Knight. I heard some posters getting excited with that trade because they hated Knight about as much as they hate Johnson. "Let's do it" was the motto then for some.

You who hate Johnson should not have much to worry about if he reads some of your posts. Johnson will get really good offers when his contract time arrives. Then you can be happy when he becomes an All Star on another team and we have a new draftee who can shoot the ball as much as Reggie and Harris do. Maybe old school Piston fans are extinct and a new breed has arrived that loves selfish shoot first players who score 20 points a game but couldn't guard my Grandmother when she was alive. I will not write any additional posts standing up for Johnson. You and Oracle know it all.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Trade Rumor

Post  Murph Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:28 am

"Johnson has been one of our best players and most effective players this season. Zeke said that on NBA TV not me. He is the glue player who makes stops, gets deflections, grabs big rebounds and has also been making his share of shots lately. He could be the next Dennis Rodman relating to his ability to defend multiple positions."

Johnson has not been one of our most effective players this year.  According to advanced stats, through 8 games, Drummond and Harris have been our most effective players, followed very closely by Jackson (based on win shares.) That said, SJ finally seems to be developing.  I'd hate to see him go, now that he's finally contributing.

I heard the rumor was Jackson and our 2018 1st rounder for Bledsoe.  At this point, that 1st rounder should be about an 18th or 20th pick.  I don't know much about Bledsoe.  He looks like a good scorer, and an average defender and playmaker...not really an upgrade over a healthy Jackson.  It all depends on Jackson's health.  

And Bledsoe might be another malcontent, like Marcus Morris.  Why do we keep collecting Phoenix's cast-offs?   

I can't get too excited about his trade.   Sleep

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Oh Bummer :( Part II

Post  WTF Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:07 am

My gut was telling me RJ was gone before the season but the same time my gut was saying SVG would muck it up.   Now the trade talk seem to be mucked up again and the only one I see screwing it up is SVG.   

Phoenix would like to get rid of Bledsoe, and New Orleans wants Reggie so what the problem.  Pistons are willing to give up a 1st pick to Phoenix and New Orleans is willing to give up a 1st pick.   

Either Phoenix is wanting way more than just the token players to make the dollars match or SVG mucking it up.   Maybe it's not dead just yet maybe a 4th team might be in play.  

I just hope Phoenix didn't ask for Kennard or Ellenson
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next