Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
Sissy1946
Phil-Good
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Fennis Dembo
Go Stones!
merc
deusXango
Sebastian
14 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty When "Grit-and-Grind" comes to a halt ...

Post  Sebastian Tue May 12, 2015 11:36 am

Yo, Golden State put it on the Grizzlies, last night (Game 4). They pushed the ball down the floor, so fast, Memphis was never able to get into a defensive posture. Also, it appeared that Mike Conley Jr. was a bit fatigued/drain as was not the Floor General and the controller of pace that he normally.

The full cast of the Warriors was rolling. I do believe that if the Warriors do advance, they will find that the injury to Speights will prove to be beneficial. Yes, beneficial, because it will allow for David Lee to see time on the floor, whom they will need against the Clippers. I say, Clippers because the Rockets are done. They play a stupid brand of NBA basketball.

But, I am going to stick with the Grizzlies to get that Larry, though.

Oracle wrote:Well, the two best teams in the NBA both snatched back home court advantage last night!

I expected the Hawks to do it because in game 3 I could see that they found themselves late in the game, and that it should carry over, the question was would it, and it did!

The surprise was the way the Warriors totally shredded the Grizzlies defense and blew then out, even though the game was still very physical!

I give Steve Kerr a lot of credit for getting his troops to attack the rim and stop settling for 3's, and his guys for executing very well! Once they did that with success, then the 3's will fall, but you simply can't turn into a total jump shooting team in the playoffs.

But Steve Kerr also did something else - An Absurd Defensive Adjustment Won The Warriors The Game

BTW, this is one area about SVG that I question! I don't like it when we settle for 3's when all we need are scores! That stuff can take you out of games as well as it can win you games.

My bottom line is that you need balance, and jacking up 3's most of the time isn't balanced!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty The Empire Strikes Back!!!

Post  Oracle Tue May 12, 2015 8:10 am

Well, the two best teams in the NBA both snatched back home court advantage last night!

I expected the Hawks to do it because in game 3 I could see that they found themselves late in the game, and that it should carry over, the question was would it, and it did!

The surprise was the way the Warriors totally shredded the Grizzlies defense and blew then out, even though the game was still very physical!

I give Steve Kerr a lot of credit for getting his troops to attack the rim and stop settling for 3's, and his guys for executing very well! Once they did that with success, then the 3's will fall, but you simply can't turn into a total jump shooting team in the playoffs.

But Steve Kerr also did something else - An Absurd Defensive Adjustment Won The Warriors The Game

BTW, this is one area about SVG that I question! I don't like it when we settle for 3's when all we need are scores! That stuff can take you out of games as well as it can win you games.

My bottom line is that you need balance, and jacking up 3's most of the time isn't balanced!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Now that we have the defintion, let's see two examples!

Post  Oracle Mon May 11, 2015 11:40 pm

Don wrote:I will stand with my original opinion regardless of what happens in the playoffs.
i.e., I'm immune to new information that conflicts with my thoughts!

Don wrote:The sad thing is that this Piston organization seems to always field a horrible team but not horrible enough so we can secure real top notch players in the draft.

This last one requires additional information: The Pistons actually fielded a VERY good team this year, but finished poorly due to circumstances beyond their control, i.e. getting rid of dead weight and injury, otherwise this was a playoff roster.

But for those suffering from Cognitive dissonance, these two ideas can't coexist in their head! For those people, the results ARE the team, so for them if a runner is shot dead, he was indeed a loser because he didn't finish the race! It's all black & white! 

Fortunately, we do live in a world with many shades of gray, and the un-afflicted lol

Just messing with you Don, come on, you're more flexible than this!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Definition...

Post  Oracle Mon May 11, 2015 11:33 pm

Cognitive dissonance
In psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time, or is confronted by new information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas, or values!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Mon May 11, 2015 10:41 pm

Sebastian wrote:I agree with Wise, 100% ...

To start this practice that early in a game was horrible and this is where a draw the line with agreeing that the hacking should be a useful tool. If this was a clutch moment of the game trying to win in the closing seconds then I'm fine with it. Seeing them do this that early in a game was criminal in my mind I had to stop watching the game. VERY BAD COACHING and they still got that ass kicked.

WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:And Don calls this basketball... what a crock!

Just Play Basketball is my opinion!

Hack a player is what you do when you know you can't beat a team by being yourself, and who needs or wants a team that could win that way... oh, Don does lol

To start this practice that early in a game was horrible and this is where a draw the line with agreeing that the hacking should be a useful tool. If this was a clutch moment of the game trying to win in the closing seconds then I'm fine with it.  Seeing them do this that early in a game was criminal in my mind I had to stop watching the game.   VERY BAD COACHING  and they still got that ass kicked.  

I will stand with my original opinion regardless of what happens in the playoffs.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Mon May 11, 2015 10:39 pm

deusXango wrote:Watching the Cavs and Bulls go at it today convinced me what should be done with pick #8....STANLEY JOHNSON!!! Don't f@ck around SVG, get it done. There was some cute sh!t going on to be sure, but the true beasts on the floor were LeBron James and Jimmy Butler; I ain't looking for cute in a competitive game, I'm looking for a beast, and Johnson is the closest player to what I saw today. 6' 7", 245 lbs., and 19 years old! The lad is still growing, and to complete his growth, place him under the tutelage of our coaching staff (they were some better than formidable perimeter players in their day) and see what we have in the next two years; it's going to take at least two years for our core group, sans Monroe, to gel and really raise a ruckus.

Say what you will about James and Butler, but I'd take either one right now; the beauty is we can get one of those newer models this June and he'll come cheaper. I'm not saying he's going to be the same as James, Butler, or even Artest, he'll play his game (this is not a "cookie cutter player" league).

Stanley Johnson.  

I couldn't gage with you more dX. Excellent post! Van Gundy made a good call with his 2nd round pick last season so there is hope that he is smart enough to not pass on Johnson if he is still available. I believe that Stanley Johnson should be the number 3 pick. Maybe that will still happen once other GMs interview him and see what he can do. The sad thing is that this Piston organization seems to always field a horrible team but not horrible enough so we can secure real top notch players in the draft.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty "Grit-and-Grind"

Post  Sebastian Mon May 11, 2015 2:06 pm

... or "you live by the three, you die by the three".

Pistons Pals: I have to tell you, I am hoping that Memphis, yes the city of Memphis, where the Grizzlies play to get that Larry. A Title for the Grizzlies is a victory for all the small market teams that are in the NBA.

If the Grizzlies have the winning locker room in June, then it is victory for the "inside-out" style of basketball, where teams control tempo and force their opponents to make adjustments, because of foul trouble and earl penalty shots from the line. Plus, Memphis is just damn sure are going to play their style, they will not allow themselves to go small.

The availability of Kofus Kufus and Jeff Green, allow them to continue to stay large and Mike Conley Jr. is the best left-handed player at using his right hand in the history of the NBA.

I told folks that I talk to everyday that the Finals would be the Grizzlies and Bulls and I am sticking with that call.

Memphis will win that Larry this season.

Last edited by Sebastian on Tue May 12, 2015 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Hack-a-Whom!!!!

Post  Sebastian Mon May 11, 2015 1:50 pm

I agree with Wise, 100% ...

To start this practice that early in a game was horrible and this is where a draw the line with agreeing that the hacking should be a useful tool. If this was a clutch moment of the game trying to win in the closing seconds then I'm fine with it. Seeing them do this that early in a game was criminal in my mind I had to stop watching the game. VERY BAD COACHING and they still got that ass kicked.

WISEFAN wrote:

Hack a player is what you do when you know you can't beat a team by being yourself, and who needs or wants a team that could win that way... oh, Don does lol

To start this practice that early in a game was horrible and this is where a draw the line with agreeing that the hacking should be a useful tool. If this was a clutch moment of the game trying to win in the closing seconds then I'm fine with it.  Seeing them do this that early in a game was criminal in my mind I had to stop watching the game.   VERY BAD COACHING  and they still got that ass kicked.  
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Garbage Out of the Trash Can

Post  WTF Mon May 11, 2015 8:56 am

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Oddly enough

Post  deusXango Mon May 11, 2015 12:39 am

Watching the Cavs and Bulls go at it today convinced me what should be done with pick #8....STANLEY JOHNSON!!! Don't f@ck around SVG, get it done. There was some cute sh!t going on to be sure, but the true beasts on the floor were LeBron James and Jimmy Butler; I ain't looking for cute in a competitive game, I'm looking for a beast, and Johnson is the closest player to what I saw today. 6' 7", 245 lbs., and 19 years old! The lad is still growing, and to complete his growth, place him under the tutelage of our coaching staff (they were some better than formidable perimeter players in their day) and see what we have in the next two years; it's going to take at least two years for our core group, sans Monroe, to gel and really raise a ruckus.

Say what you will about James and Butler, but I'd take either one right now; the beauty is we can get one of those newer models this June and he'll come cheaper. I'm not saying he's going to be the same as James, Butler, or even Artest, he'll play his game (this is not a "cookie cutter player" league).

Stanley Johnson.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty I'm sure Don LOVED the first half of the Clipper game!

Post  Oracle Sun May 10, 2015 11:05 pm

And Don calls this basketball... what a crock!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Great Start Wise: My comments on the Playoffs!

Post  Oracle Sun May 10, 2015 2:50 pm

Wizards/Hawks - I never expected Atlanta to make it to the finals, but losing to the Wizards this badly is a surprise. The hands down two best teams in the regular season, are losing convincingly in the 2nd round, where the big boys start to focus in and play bully ball!

There is hope in Hawk land because they may have found themselves yesterday! I don't rule out a comeback for the Hawks, especially if Hoford & Milcrap start to play like they're capable!

Sidebar wrote:BTW, there's all this talk about our guys not having it, and aren't good enough to play in playoff type games, and it's total crap! You don't know what players are capable of when they get in those moments until they get there. We've seen it with several Ex-Pistons that were said to be slugs, and now comes the latest... Will Bynum!

The Wizards don't win that game without Bynum's HUGE 2 FT's in the closing of the game that setup Pierce's shot! That's why it's important just to get in the playoffs, there's no substitute for the focus that will required, and that experience goes a long way towards the future!

Bulls/Cavs - This is a beautiful series between 2 of the 4 best teams! Is it just me or does anyone else see how clunky LeBron looks and plays? He doesn't seem as fluid a player as he used to be, he appears more brittle. Something is slightly different about him and I can't quite put my finger on it, but the Cavs need him to really step it up, but I don't know if he has it!

This is now the Bulls series to lose! IMO, the Cavs wasted a GREAT game from their role players in game 3, that I can't see them getting again in this series! The Cavs role players were hitting amazing shots and were on fire, but that can't continue. Chicago in in the cat birds seat, but it still won't be easy, they're going to have to work hard for it! The good news for them is that with each playoff game, Rose is regaining his form and focus!

Grizzlies/Warriors - It's over, the Warriors are not a playoff team, and the Grizzlies are 90's throwback bullies, just the way a Piston fan loves to see basketball played! Tough defense and grind you into the dust offense, with just enough flair and personality to make it entertaining... ala the Bad Boys! The Warriors may win one more game, and Curry does get to keep the MVP Trophy!

Clippers/Rockets - It's all over but the crying! The evolution of Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, and the surprising play of JJ Reddick & shockingly Austin Rivers, coupled with the stellar tenacity of Matt Barnes, the Clippers have finally arrives as a true contender. If this year isn't their year, it will be next year to represent the west!

The Rockets? Well, that's one DUMB team! They need a real PG because Harden is a poor substitute, Josh Smith is a better distributor than he is by far! They make more dumb mistakes than a starting unit should, and then when they bring in the 2nd unit, the level of dumb rises to a new level.

While Josh is a good distributor, the number of brain farts he releases will ultimately doom you against good teams. His smarts comes and goes just like his shot! Sometimes he will make great decisions, then at other times, you can't believe the same person could be so dumb!

That's the Josh Smith enigma, he's two or three different people in the span of 5 minutes! Surprisingly Howard has managed to hurt the team less, but that team need reconstructive surgery to get far in the playoffs. They wouldn't be here now if Dallas had a better PG than Rondo!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Wizards, Grizzlies, and Bulls Thoughts

Post  WTF Sun May 10, 2015 8:57 am

Wizards will likely win their series against the Hawks because of the veteran leadership of Pierce, Gortat and NeNe even without Walls. The Hawks should be up 3-0 but Holford and Milsap are playing crappy so crappy I thought they had 2 Greg Monroe's on the court. How in the hell you blow a 20 pt lead with 7 minutes left facepalm You know who the Hawks were missing? Josh Smith!

Bulls, while I'm not surprised they're up 2-1 it still feels like I should be. No more Lebron and MJ discussion because this is where the comparison start to fade for me. Don't get me wrong Lebron has the ability to put this team on his back and carry them to winning this series but if he had the mentality of an MJ, and the will of an MJ the Cavs would be up 3-0 in this one.

Grizzlies, The Warrior sure did look pretty during the regular season and even in the 1st round. Now the real games have started and they're facing a Seasoned Veteran Playoff team. The Warriors are going to lose the next game and I just don't see them coming back from a 3-1 hole against a team like Memphis. The Bulls are a shoe in for the finals if they beat the Cavs and wouldn't it be special if the Gasol Brother's faced each other in the finals

Clippers and Rockets would offer more appeal than a Memphis team going against the Bulls or perhaps the Cavs. But a Memphis-Chicago match up it'll be like a SA-Detroit match up IMO. I think I'll watch that!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Fennis & Oracle On The Funny Section

Post  WTF Sun May 10, 2015 8:29 am

Oracle wrote:@Fennis - Funny as usual, but this is a sore subject for me! I'm so torn because part of me wants Zeke to get the gig, and the other part knows that he shouldn't be within 10 feet of the WNBA! This is some bad sh!t, and I just wish it would go away... yeah, I'm weak for Zeke, but this is wrong!

I thought this was funny as heck! Okay lets not treat the guy like he's a sex offender plus he wasn't convicted or sued. I liked Zeke's response to the media concerning this issue/concern I rather call it nonsense because it was all BS.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Stuff

Post  Oracle Sun May 10, 2015 5:51 am

@Merc said,

"OC, yeah, I'm not sure this has sunk in yet... there's a strong possibility that several FAs get advice from their agents to sign the best short term deal with the team that holds their bird rights... then cash in later... I think this is why Monroe has been saying the Pistons are still high on his list."

Great point Merc, I left that out, but it's a real biggie along with the rest of the unintended consequences! This is going to have a huge effect on FA movement and contracts, so fasten your seat belts, strange moves ahead!!!

@DX - The NBA is a really strange league in the way they handle things. How the calling of games go from damn near no touching to outright mugging with no call is mind blowing.

I thought I was in a time warp when the Bulls & Cavs played in game 3, hell, I almost could swear I saw Mahorn & Laimbeer out there hitting folks and pulling chairs lol. Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but it sets a bad precedent because they'll never let them play like that against a western team!

BTW DX, like I said, Kaminsky may be a bit of a risk at #8, but we have to wait and see who's on the board, then weigh our options and needs. If there's a better player, we go for him, if not, then Kaminsky is an option. However, I'm struggling to see how a really good player won't be there, this draft is loaded with very good talent, but not great talent! I don't see superstars in this draft, but there will be a few all stars!

@Fennis - Funny as usual, but this is a sore subject for me! I'm so torn because part of me wants Zeke to get the gig, and the other part knows that he shouldn't be within 10 feet of the WNBA! This is some bad sh!t, and I just wish it would go away... yeah, I'm weak for Zeke, but this is wrong!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty FORUM

Post  deusXango Sat May 09, 2015 3:52 am

Joakim Noah received a $25,000 fine for actually putting his hands on a fan and Matt Barnes was fined $50,000 for an alleged comment directed to a fan. What a world we live in where justice is screwed up across the board.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40