Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
Sissy1946
Phil-Good
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Fennis Dembo
Go Stones!
merc
deusXango
Sebastian
14 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Josh Smith Superstar...

Post  Oracle Fri May 15, 2015 6:27 am

I've seen some players step up in the clutch, but Josh Smith put on a show for the ages against the Clippers!

• With Houston fading, enter Josh Smith in the 4th to hit HUGE 3 pointer after 3 pointer to shoot them back in the game!
  • Not only did Josh shoot the ball from deep, he also scored driving to the rim
  • Then, padding the stat sheet as only Josh can, with Harden glued to the bench, he ran the team and dished like a PG
  • Say you want more? Ok, Josh also defended like a DEMON, shutting down Blake and blocking his stuff when he got close

On a team with Harden & Howard, the brightest star shining last night was Josh Smith, their own personal savior!

I was rooting for the Clippers, but after that performance, I couldn't be happier for Josh... What a performance!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty 2015 Draft talk and Free agents I like so far

Post  Phil-Good Fri May 15, 2015 6:23 am

O By the way. would anybody here know who Kentucky second leading scorer was???

Devin Booker.

Don't be shocked if Detroit takes this kid 8th in the Draft. He only 18 years old. He has A lifetime to learn in the NBA but the crazy thin is if he stayed in College for 3 or 4 years he would be A top 5 pick.

Don't be shocked people. He is A S.G. who dame sure shoot the ball.

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Chauncey dishes the dirt!

Post  Oracle Fri May 15, 2015 6:19 am

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty 2015 Draft talk and Free agents I like so far

Post  Phil-Good Fri May 15, 2015 5:39 am

Looks like S.Johnson is no secret anymore. Word has been that he kicking azz at the combine.

Also, I was looking at A throwback game when Lebron has 50 pts vs Billips, RIP, Webber, 3Sheed and Prince in the 2007 NBA playoffs.

I still can't believe how Flip Mr Softy Saunders had C.Billups guarding Lebron at the top of the key, in Iso, with the game on the line? What A dumb azz coach that jerk was.... facepalm facepalm
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Rut Rho: Stanley Johnson... BUSTED!!!

Post  Oracle Fri May 15, 2015 12:36 am

At the combine, his measurements have been recorded!

Stanley Johnson is 6'5 without shoes, and 6'6.5 with shoes... NOT GOOD!!!

But Frank Kaminsky fulfilled the need for him to show he was closer to 7' than 6'11.

Kaminsky measured out at 6'11.75 without shoes and 7'0.75 with shoes.

Oddly, his shoes only added 1 inch, while Johnson's added 1.5 inches!

All players measurements here: Draft Combine: 2015-16 ANTHROPOMETRIC DRAFT STATS
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Thu May 14, 2015 10:06 pm

Oracle wrote:Here's another possibility that I didn't consider(Myles Turner), but once it was mentioned on the sidebar, I took a look and if Monroe is gone, this kid looks pretty good at 6'11 & 1/2! There is one issue with him that's a bit disturbing, and it has to do with the way he moves, and we'll need a medical report to clear it up! from http://www.nbadraft.net/players/myles-turner

NBA Comparison: Chris Kaman

Strengths: The thing that jumps out the most is his exceptional length and frame ... Measuring 6'11.5" tall in shoes, and sporting a 7'4"; wingspan gives him elite size as an NBA power forward ... While still a lean player, he wears his 243 pounds well, and has room to add weight and play at over 250 pounds without much or any projected loss in mobility or athleticism ... Turner also has great hands, and a face up game giving him immense potential in the pick and roll and pick and pop heavy NBA landscape ... Myles most certainly has an NBA position, and 13 games into his NCAA career, he’s really showcasing the type of shooter he is ... Turner is shooting 40% from 3 point range, 44.4% on two point jumpers, and his model of efficiency translates down low as well where the young big is shooting 69.7% at the rim ... It's not often you see a guy pushing 7-feet among the conference leaders in free throw percentage, but Myles 89% clip ranks him 2nd in the Big 12, and 30th in the NCAA ... Young for his class, Myles' accomplishments and polish at just 18 years of age make him a very enticing prospect ... He's shown a great deal of creativity on the block ... He's already executing step backs jumpers, fadeaways, and shown a great feel for the offensive game very early into his collegiate career ... With continued growth and polish he has the potential to be among the best shooting big men and stretch 4's in the game ... Defensively he's no slouch either. In only 21 minutes per game, he's leading the Big 12 in blocked shots (2.7 per game) and has emerged as a terror on the help side. He shows excellent timing and instincts to block shots, and gets off the ground quickly despite his lack of great fluidity ... Also, with a reported 9'1.5" standing reach, he has the length to contest shots 1 on 1 at the NCAA and NBA level, and while his current weight isn't conducive to pushing around NBA big men, 240 pounds is considerably larger than many young forwards have come into the league at since the 1 and done rule was implemented ... Turner even shows surprising passing and decision making with a 1:1 a/to ratio, unusual for a freshman big ... Scores very highly in the character and communication department. Seems wise beyond his years and should have no trouble adapting to the NBA game and staying focused ... 

Weaknesses:
 Lacks fluidity, certainly he's a guy who is mobile and can run the court, but his athleticism isn't something that jumps out when you watch him ... He has had some difficulties with his hips related to growth. His legs appear to be extremely stiff to the point where it appears he runs with a slight limp. Time will tell whether this is a temporary thing or he will always be a player lacking fluidity ... Since he is so young, he could be one of those players who could improve his athletic ability, and flexibility with continued weight training ... His lower body strength is probably of the most concern right now, as he can be pushed off the block and out of position by older, more physical NCAA players ... While he's definitely held his own in some bigger games this year, when matched against players his own size or larger from a bulk standpoint, he's yet to really excel. In 5 games against major conference opponents, Myles has averaged 6.4 points, 6 rebounds, and 2 blocks per game which is big drop off when compared to 14.75 points, 7.1 rebounds, and 3.1 blocks per game against smaller mid major schools ... There's a lot to like about Turner, but his stats will need to be a little more reliable as he enters Big 12 play and doesn't have the luxury of beating up on smaller schools who can't match his size ... 

Overall: Turner is a very intriguing prospect due to his length, offensive foundation, and defined NBA position ... At just 18 years of age, he has plenty of room to grow, and a very high ceiling ... A lot of his early shortcomings, are things that can be ironed out or improved upon with experience and physical maturation ... The biggest hump for him will be adjusting to the size and strength of NBA players ... The fact he has such a good jump shot, and the length to help make up for defensive mistakes will aid in his transition ... Not really an NBA ready guy, how well he's able to adjust and how much he grows as a player will determine whether he's a star or a role player, but he already has a fantastic foundation for an NBA stretch 4 at just 18 years of age ...

Notes: Measured in at 6’11.5’’ in shoes, with a 7’3.75’’ wingspan, 9’1.5’’ standing reach, and weighed in at 242 pounds at the 2014 Hoop Summit. Measured 6'10 (in shoes) 223 lbs, with a 7'2 wingspan at the 2013 Nike Big Man Skills Academy ... Measured 6'10, 242.5 lbs, with a 7'4 wingspan and 9'3 reach at the 2014 USA U18 tryouts ... 
It sucks that we can't see these Euro cats going up against the likes of Johnson and Turner... I'm also intrigued by Turner... at 18 and 242 this ain't no bean pole... but his lack of quick feet hurts his stock... I'm leaning towards Johnson or Lyles...

Mario & Porzy are the swing for the fences and hope it's not a dribble to the pitcher kinda gamble... I'm leery of what the draft gurus consider elite athletisism when it comes to Euros... what kind of athletes have they gone up against?...the Piston scouts better be on their A game.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Another Possibility: Power Forward Dreaming...

Post  Oracle Thu May 14, 2015 7:51 pm

Here's another possibility that I didn't consider(Myles Turner), but once it was mentioned on the sidebar, I took a look and if Monroe is gone, this kid looks pretty good at 6'11 & 1/2! There is one issue with him that's a bit disturbing, and it has to do with the way he moves, and we'll need a medical report to clear it up! from http://www.nbadraft.net/players/myles-turner

NBA Comparison: Chris Kaman

Strengths: The thing that jumps out the most is his exceptional length and frame ... Measuring 6'11.5" tall in shoes, and sporting a 7'4"; wingspan gives him elite size as an NBA power forward ... While still a lean player, he wears his 243 pounds well, and has room to add weight and play at over 250 pounds without much or any projected loss in mobility or athleticism ... Turner also has great hands, and a face up game giving him immense potential in the pick and roll and pick and pop heavy NBA landscape ... Myles most certainly has an NBA position, and 13 games into his NCAA career, he’s really showcasing the type of shooter he is ... Turner is shooting 40% from 3 point range, 44.4% on two point jumpers, and his model of efficiency translates down low as well where the young big is shooting 69.7% at the rim ... It's not often you see a guy pushing 7-feet among the conference leaders in free throw percentage, but Myles 89% clip ranks him 2nd in the Big 12, and 30th in the NCAA ... Young for his class, Myles' accomplishments and polish at just 18 years of age make him a very enticing prospect ... He's shown a great deal of creativity on the block ... He's already executing step backs jumpers, fadeaways, and shown a great feel for the offensive game very early into his collegiate career ... With continued growth and polish he has the potential to be among the best shooting big men and stretch 4's in the game ... Defensively he's no slouch either. In only 21 minutes per game, he's leading the Big 12 in blocked shots (2.7 per game) and has emerged as a terror on the help side. He shows excellent timing and instincts to block shots, and gets off the ground quickly despite his lack of great fluidity ... Also, with a reported 9'1.5" standing reach, he has the length to contest shots 1 on 1 at the NCAA and NBA level, and while his current weight isn't conducive to pushing around NBA big men, 240 pounds is considerably larger than many young forwards have come into the league at since the 1 and done rule was implemented ... Turner even shows surprising passing and decision making with a 1:1 a/to ratio, unusual for a freshman big ... Scores very highly in the character and communication department. Seems wise beyond his years and should have no trouble adapting to the NBA game and staying focused ... 

Weaknesses:
 Lacks fluidity, certainly he's a guy who is mobile and can run the court, but his athleticism isn't something that jumps out when you watch him ... He has had some difficulties with his hips related to growth. His legs appear to be extremely stiff to the point where it appears he runs with a slight limp. Time will tell whether this is a temporary thing or he will always be a player lacking fluidity ... Since he is so young, he could be one of those players who could improve his athletic ability, and flexibility with continued weight training ... His lower body strength is probably of the most concern right now, as he can be pushed off the block and out of position by older, more physical NCAA players ... While he's definitely held his own in some bigger games this year, when matched against players his own size or larger from a bulk standpoint, he's yet to really excel. In 5 games against major conference opponents, Myles has averaged 6.4 points, 6 rebounds, and 2 blocks per game which is big drop off when compared to 14.75 points, 7.1 rebounds, and 3.1 blocks per game against smaller mid major schools ... There's a lot to like about Turner, but his stats will need to be a little more reliable as he enters Big 12 play and doesn't have the luxury of beating up on smaller schools who can't match his size ... 

Overall: Turner is a very intriguing prospect due to his length, offensive foundation, and defined NBA position ... At just 18 years of age, he has plenty of room to grow, and a very high ceiling ... A lot of his early shortcomings, are things that can be ironed out or improved upon with experience and physical maturation ... The biggest hump for him will be adjusting to the size and strength of NBA players ... The fact he has such a good jump shot, and the length to help make up for defensive mistakes will aid in his transition ... Not really an NBA ready guy, how well he's able to adjust and how much he grows as a player will determine whether he's a star or a role player, but he already has a fantastic foundation for an NBA stretch 4 at just 18 years of age ...

Notes: Measured in at 6’11.5’’ in shoes, with a 7’3.75’’ wingspan, 9’1.5’’ standing reach, and weighed in at 242 pounds at the 2014 Hoop Summit. Measured 6'10 (in shoes) 223 lbs, with a 7'2 wingspan at the 2013 Nike Big Man Skills Academy ... Measured 6'10, 242.5 lbs, with a 7'4 wingspan and 9'3 reach at the 2014 USA U18 tryouts ... 
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Geeeezzzzz Again

Post  lemonpen Thu May 14, 2015 1:34 pm

What's with these playoff games anyway.  How many guys are gonna get their mess swatted from behind on what appears to be WIDE OPEN breakaway opportunities.  

Is it me or is there a greater amount of uneven play going on this year.  Teams seem to be experiencing more feast-or-famine spells during the course of games.

With Golden State playing in the way late zone most of the time I haven't seen many of their games, but do they always attempt the showtime pass as opposed to something a bit more fundamentally sound.

How many foul line J's will Horford have to hit B4 Gortat figures on stepping out.  Also, Does Teague seem overly passive through loooong stretches.  Just wonderin.

Would the Bulls be better off if Jimmy Butler tried to score fifty. I bet he could. And I bet they would.

I find it kinda interesting when role players (Gooden) go off one game then come back the next tryin to do too much. Like Magglio said "I don't do too much when I try to do too much". Amen. clap

Sure was good to see old Willie B out there soaking up some playoff PT. Zactly like I remembered.
Standing out there lost on the wing basically waiting for an inbound pass after being brushed off by the slightest of screen.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Geeeezzzz

Post  lemonpen Thu May 14, 2015 1:20 pm

The article to the right about Porzingis and Hezonja freakin screams P-WORD.  I can't stand it.  The writer excels in excuse making 101.  Can you say "zero ROI" from their first contract.

Last edited by lemonpen on Thu May 14, 2015 1:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Double Trouble

Post  Sebastian Thu May 14, 2015 9:21 am

I wonder if the Morris twins will be cellies.

Oracle wrote:Does anybody want them? If they do, the Suns will be a willing partner!

Not likely, as both could be playing in the Loser gets Bubba for the evening league, giving real meaning to the penal system lol

Markieff and Marcus Morris officially charged with felony aggravated assault
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Lebron and the NBA Finals ...

Post  Sebastian Thu May 14, 2015 9:17 am

Cool makes a very astute observation.

cool breeze wrote:Last night Labron is determined to bang some bodies out of the way in crunch time. Nothing was there but James managed to push his way to the rim but missed. Well something had to be done about that. A Cleveland player grabbed the ball and took a wild baseline shot. The Bulls center had position for the rebound but James pushed him out of the way to get that rebound with the official standing 2 feet away. Then Labron had to take 4 steps in the paint to get his shot off and he made it. The NBA Commissioner should give his refs a special bonus because when the Bulls player who objected to being pushed with no call, he was cited for a T. Everybody was happy and Cleveland fans went home with smiles. That play reminded me of Labron's game against the Pistons at the Palace in the playoffs where he went off for over 50 points also in a Cleveland uniform. How can we forget those hard charging attacks to the rim knocking over bodies and taking as many steps after picking up his dribble that he thought was necessary. This is entertainment basketball fans. Don't look for real basketball. The League will decide who wins and who loses. We must have Labron in the finals or NBA ratings could suffer.

Meanwhile our sorry ass Piston team can eat popcorn and chuckle. They don't have to get hit by the Big Bully.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty It doesn't matter where Labron plays - The NBA Front office will in force the same special rules

Post  cool breeze Wed May 13, 2015 9:27 pm

Last night Labron is determined to bang some bodies out of the way in crunch time. Nothing was there but James managed to push his way to the rim but missed. Well something had to be done about that. A Cleveland player grabbed the ball and took a wild baseline shot. The Bulls center had position for the rebound but James pushed him out of the way to get that rebound with the official standing 2 feet away. Then Labron had to take 4 steps in the paint to get his shot off and he made it. The NBA Commissioner should give his refs a special bonus because when the Bulls player who objected to being pushed with no call, he was cited for a T. Everybody was happy and Cleveland fans went home with smiles. That play reminded me of Labron's game against the Pistons at the Palace in the playoffs where he went off for over 50 points also in a Cleveland uniform. How can we forget those hard charging attacks to the rim knocking over bodies and taking as many steps after picking up his dribble that he thought was necessary. This is entertainment basketball fans. Don't look for real basketball. The League will decide who wins and who loses. We must have Labron in the finals or NBA ratings could suffer.

Meanwhile our sorry ass Piston team can eat popcorn and chuckle. They don't have to get hit by the Big Bully.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Seb, the Morris twins ARE available, but...

Post  Oracle Wed May 13, 2015 3:33 pm

Does anybody want them? If they do, the Suns will be a willing partner!

Not likely, as both could be playing in the Loser gets Bubba for the evening league, giving real meaning to the penal system lol

Markieff and Marcus Morris officially charged with felony aggravated assault
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty DX, I was thinking the same thing!

Post  Oracle Wed May 13, 2015 6:05 am

DX wrote:Oracle, that was a solid piece on a kid that I didn't know Shaq had. How old is he? He appears to have a growth spurt coming, and with the skills he's demonstrating, wow!

I don't know how old he is, but for some odd reason, and this is Cognitive dissonance, I couldn't have the thought of Shaq & a kid that old in my head at the same time lol lol lol

His son is 6'8 now and obviously growing, we could be looking at close to another Kevin Durant sized player in the future!

For whatever reason, and I don't know if others have this same issue, but I don't think of a lot of people in the spotlight as aging, I remember them as I saw them years ago.

This happens with me for movie stars! Sometimes I see them as they were when young, and get shocked when they age horribly, or die! I almost crapped my pants when Kim Basinger(61) started aging, but we'll always have 9 1/2 weeks...

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty The next generation of NBA greats?

Post  deusXango Wed May 13, 2015 1:15 am

Oracle wrote:
Oracle, that was a solid piece on a kid that I didn't know Shaq had. How old is he? He appears to have a growth spurt coming, and with the skills he's demonstrating, wow!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Cognitive dissonance

Post  deusXango Wed May 13, 2015 1:10 am

deusXango wrote:
lemonpen wrote:Trail Blazers could pursue Greg Monroe in free agency

excerpt:

Another team reportedly interested is the Portland Trail Blazers, who would have to execute a sign-and-trade. The Blazers certainly have pieces to offer including defensive wizard Nicolas Batum, 3-point sniper Wesley Matthews and young guard CJ McCollum. The Blazers also have serviceable big men they could send in return in Thomas Robinson and Meyers Leonard.

Portland does, however, also have Robin Lopez who is strictly a center and if Pistons fans thought Monroe and Andre Drummond didn't fit together then they'll think even less of the Lopez-Drummond pairing. That means either Monroe comes off the bench behind Lopez and LaMarcus Aldridge or Lopez is rerouted to another team. Or the interest is manufactured.

[...] Obviously, the interest was not manufactured but the number of moving parts much have made any possible trade difficult and probably necessitated the two teams trading various trade proposals in their "serious" discussions. I wouldn't be surprised if the two teams were close and needed a third team to take on Robin Lopez and/or trade assets into the pot.

Someone is coming to our rescue.  hehe hehe
It's a dream come true if we could get Batum (draft Stanley johnson as backup until ready to start), Matthews (making Meeks expendable for trade), and McCollum (who's a better backup PG and more reliable to except that role than Jennings) for Greg Monroe. I think that's better than any package N.O. can come up with, and if Joe does get the GM job, I'm not for doing him any favors after the mess he put this franchise through.
My bad was mixing in the reports of Joe Dumars moving into a high management position with the Pelicans and pursuing Monroe once there, with commenting on the excellent post made by Lemon, based on an article about Portland's alleged interest in Monroe. Lemon's, as well as my post, dealt with specifics (whether they were agreed with or not) and not nebulous generalities; I tainted the waters by bringing up New Orleans instead of limiting my comments to Portland.

My real bad was responding to anything outside of my original intent and inline with what I feel was an excellent post; I feel like I stepped in a steaming pile, and yeah, that's an emotional statement. mad I guess I suffer with cognitive dissonance. Oh well, there are worse maladies.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Shaquille O'Neal's Son Shareef O'Neal(6'8) Does Not Play Like His Dad

Post  Oracle Wed May 13, 2015 12:10 am

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Still firing coaches... is Joe's shoe phone is still working???

Post  Oracle Tue May 12, 2015 9:45 pm

Could Joe be orchestrating another coach theft, ala Larry Brown???

"But league sources pointed out Tuesday that the people whose names were on the press release may not be the ones making the decision. Former Pistons executive Joe Dumars, a Louisiana native, has been providing input with the team and has a close relationship with Loomis and owner Tom Benson.

What's clear is that, with the presence of Davis alone, the New Orleans job jumps to the top of the list of available head coaching vacancies so far this summer -- ahead of Orlando and Denver." - Playoff Buzz: Is Tom Thibodeau bound for the Big Easy?

A follow up article speculates on Joe firing coaches remotely, LOL!

"Can we count this as yet another coach Dumars has fired? Not based on what we know now, but that could change." - Report: Joe Dumars already advising Pelicans
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty DX: Misunderstanding of definition!

Post  Oracle Tue May 12, 2015 7:50 pm

You might want to go back and read the definition of Cognitive dissonance, you seem to be totally confused, as it doesn't cover misstatements, but that's only one of the many problems with your post, let's review them.

1. Cognitive dissonance: Ok, we've dealt with that one, but also, my misstatement is NOT a misquote, I didn't quote you, I had a response, and I did make a mistake in that response... sorry!

2. While I made a misstatement, it wasn't far off from what you actually said, which is just as wrong, you said "I'm not for doing him any favors after the mess he put this franchise through". And my following statement should have read basically the same thing,

If he wants to go home, we aren't doing Joe ANY favors, I STILL don't know where you get that, it's just business, plain and simple!

It's emotion talking, not intellect! If Monroe wants to do a deal and we say no because we have our panties in a bunch instead of thinking clearly, we run the risk of losing him for NOTHING!

Would that be the end of the world? No, but it's really dumb, and SVG or any thinking GM wouldn't behave that way!

3. You said, "I wonder if Adam Silver will allow N.O. to go waay over the CAP to sign Monroe; it can't be done without Detroit's cooperation...that's the end of story!". Seriously??? Please take the time to read the luxury tax rules before stating what they are, that's a bit silly! However, that statement of us needing to make it happen, while true, goes back to the emotional mess we'd have to be to turn down a S&T.

I know you don't want to admit to the emotional aspect of this, but that's you, you should embrace it, it's only bad when you deny who you are! So we covered that, and BTW, I also said a 3rd team might be required to make it work, which would increase the probability that we really get something good!

Finally, I don't have the selective memory you appear to possesses, I also remember the absolutely GREAT things Joe Dumars put this franchise through, and I'll be damned if I'll let him falling on bad times destroy all of that good!

deusXango wrote:
Oracle wrote:
DX wrote:It's a dream come true if we could get Batum (draft Stanley johnson as backup until ready to start), Matthews (making Meeks expendable for trade), and McCollum (who's a better backup PG and more reliable to except that role than Jennings) for Greg Monroe. I think that's better than any package N.O. can come up with, and if Joe does get the GM job, I'm not for doing him any favors after the mess he put this franchise through.

Emotion won't work here!

It's NOT about what you want or think, it's about where Monroe wants to go... end of story!

If he wants to go home, Joe isn't doing us ANY favors, I don't know where you get that, it's just business, plain and simple!
Is N.O. in a position to sign Monroe, for what he wants, outright and if not, who can do that S & T I read so much about?

You're right, emotion won't work and it's not what I or anyone else want or think, it's about business (I don't think I said "Joe would be doing us any favors," I said "I'm not for doing him any favors after the mess he put this franchise through." I know your feelings on being misquoted.) and I wonder if Adam Silver will allow N.O. to go waay over the CAP to sign Monroe; it can't be done without Detroit's cooperation...that's the end of story!

Emotion? That was a dream of mine. lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Cognitive dissonance

Post  deusXango Tue May 12, 2015 6:14 pm

Oracle wrote:
DX wrote:It's a dream come true if we could get Batum (draft Stanley johnson as backup until ready to start), Matthews (making Meeks expendable for trade), and McCollum (who's a better backup PG and more reliable to except that role than Jennings) for Greg Monroe. I think that's better than any package N.O. can come up with, and if Joe does get the GM job, I'm not for doing him any favors after the mess he put this franchise through.

Emotion won't work here!

It's NOT about what you want or think, it's about where Monroe wants to go... end of story!

If he wants to go home, Joe isn't doing us ANY favors, I don't know where you get that, it's just business, plain and simple!
Is N.O. in a position to sign Monroe, for what he wants, outright and if not, who can do that S & T I read so much about?

You're right, emotion won't work and it's not what I or anyone else want or think, it's about business (I don't think I said "Joe would be doing us any favors," I said "I'm not for doing him any favors after the mess he put this franchise through." I know your feelings on being misquoted.) and I wonder if Adam Silver will allow N.O. to go waay over the CAP to sign Monroe; it can't be done without Detroit's cooperation...that's the end of story!

Emotion? That was a dream of mine. lol
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty FYI

Post  Oracle Tue May 12, 2015 4:47 pm

Emotion won't work here!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Say HELL YES!

Post  deusXango Tue May 12, 2015 4:18 pm

excerpt:

Another team reportedly interested is the Portland Trail Blazers, who would have to execute a sign-and-trade. The Blazers certainly have pieces to offer including defensive wizard Nicolas Batum, 3-point sniper Wesley Matthews and young guard CJ McCollum. The Blazers also have serviceable big men they could send in return in Thomas Robinson and Meyers Leonard.

Portland does, however, also have Robin Lopez who is strictly a center and if Pistons fans thought Monroe and Andre Drummond didn't fit together then they'll think even less of the Lopez-Drummond pairing. That means either Monroe comes off the bench behind Lopez and LaMarcus Aldridge or Lopez is rerouted to another team. Or the interest is manufactured.

[...] Obviously, the interest was not manufactured but the number of moving parts much have made any possible trade difficult and probably necessitated the two teams trading various trade proposals in their "serious" discussions. I wouldn't be surprised if the two teams were close and needed a third team to take on Robin Lopez and/or trade assets into the pot.

It's a dream come true if we could get Batum (draft Stanley johnson as backup until ready to start), Matthews (making Meeks expendable for trade), and McCollum (who's a better backup PG and more reliable to except that role than Jennings) for Greg Monroe. I think that's better than any package N.O. can come up with, and if Joe does get the GM job, I'm not for doing him any favors after the mess he put this franchise through.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Not so fast Blazers

Post  Oracle Tue May 12, 2015 3:40 pm

Watch out, if Joe Dumars Bogart's his way into the NO GM's position, Greg Monroe will be his first course of business, but NO has a problem with CAP space, and can only do a S&T, and likely would need a 3rd team to pull it off. Sadly, they told Williams that he had to make the playoffs to keep his job, but they fired his ass anyway... btw, what does it say that ownership can send a congratulatory letter for a job well done one week and fire the head coach the next??? - Pelicans fire Monty Williams. What does it mean for Joe Dumars?

excerpt:

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Memphis Slippage

Post  lemonpen Tue May 12, 2015 1:57 pm

Grizzlies could become an endangered species. Warrior snipers are finding their range. The best wing defender (Allen) on a good defensive team becomes a detriment when other Warriors begin to heat up. He makes Memphis play 4 on 5 offensively.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Let The Bidding Commence

Post  lemonpen Tue May 12, 2015 1:46 pm

Trail Blazers could pursue Greg Monroe in free agency

excerpt:

Someone is coming to our rescue. hehe hehe
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next