Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
Sissy1946
Phil-Good
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Fennis Dembo
Go Stones!
merc
deusXango
Sebastian
14 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Rich Man's Will Bynum?

Post  FlyDog Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:58 pm

Jackson looks like a great scorer and ball handler. I'm not sold that he can effectively run an offense. Looks like a great 6th man type to me.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Marcus McDyess

Post  FlyDog Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:32 pm

Morris reminded me of McDyess last night with those turnaround jumpers from the wing with guys hanging all over him. He looked great. The best thing about that game is that the Bulls came to play from the opening jump, and we were able to match up with them. Really a hard fought game on both sides.

Buttocks looks a little lost out there.........can't wait to get Jennings back. I love the way that KCP and Stanley Johnson play; both a little raw, but tremendous effort and energy. In fact, the whole team brought great intensity last night. Lots of fun, and players that I want to root for.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty A Salt and A Battery

Post  WTF Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:21 pm

WTF say's WTF!

Man it's early but this is impressive to say the least.  The Utah game I expected a win there but first the Hawks and then the Bulls and a 3-0 start this is good.

First I want to say in three games I'm already please with what we are getting from Morris and it's been more than I even imagine and that's on both ends of the floor.  All I heard over the summer was SVG made a mistake but nothing from the "nay say'er" about his criminal behavior nowadays.  

Secondly I will step back just a little on my criticism of KCP and say so far so good though I still think he takes occasional naps on the defensive end as do Jackson who I would like to see play with a little more control.  KCP did shot like a bunch of turds last night and that's because he's still not a shooter he's a scorer.

Third I'm not going to get overly excited but it's been a while since we saw this, but the team definitely look playoff bound IMO barring injuries they should only get better. The 25 Game Assessment Rule should still be in play for everyone.

Hey how you all like the new and revamped Wise?????

I still say the team shoots far too many 3's and this could bite them in the ass soon!

Last edited by WTF on Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Just Sayin'

Post  Oracle Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:29 pm

FORUM - Page 3 Piston10
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Adversity: No Problem Here

Post  Sissy1946 Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:38 am

At times I was expecting the Pistons to blow the Bulls out, then they started missing shots, in fact 8 in a row at one time & yet they stayed formidable playing defense like it was going out of style, Andre had s couple more junk shots that he should have passed out on but played a great game, KCP was out to lunch shooting, going I believe 2-12, but he played Hellacious Defense, Reggie Jackson who still is dribbling to much was good, bad & in different, he made some nice plays but one at the end where he had a wide open Morris on the wing & gave the ball up, he had 5 turnovers, he has to clean that up immediately.
Marcus Morris was the main reason we won the game, 26 clutch points, Ersan took a couple nice charges, we shot terribly but played defense, we need to make those wide open shots, Andre needs to be Andre & not taking terrible shots, same with Jackdon, what was he 9-24? Make your shots Boyz, your headed for a Blow Out game if you could score more, hey, we're 3-0 & I'm proud of you guys, clean it up & the Swag will come.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Deeeeeetroit Bbbbasketballl!!

Post  BallinD Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:34 pm

Classic Pistons Win. No guts, no Glory!. No offense, no problem. It was like an old school Pistons Bulls game, with a lot of pushing/shoving. These were the kind of games we always lost the last few years, but I think we turned the corner. SVG was right, there is a new toughness to this team.

Mook looks like a steal...well he was. Big Dre, what can you say. You can tell he got up for this one, 20-20. Reggie is not running much of an offense, he does know how to dribble though. But in all fairness, he is finding ways to make it happen.

KCP got robbed on that SICK! tip dunk.

The D is strong!

Go Pistons.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty And they said we got the less talented Morris...

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:19 pm

I'm sorry, Marcus Morris is a beast for us! Great size for the 3, and can shoot the hell out of the ball!

Speaking of balls, Reggie Jackson reached deep inside his jock and found his tonight! he looked like the dude we fell in love with last season!

Start Johnson over Morris? Anybody still mulling that one over hasn't been watching!

Drummond another double double, I stopped counting when he had 20pts and 20 boards!

Great game, horrid shooting, but man, the defense this team plays is oh so good!!!

3-0 Baby!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Bad Boys II ?

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:54 pm

DEFENSE is being played again at the Palace!!!

83-83 and off to OT we go!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Ballin

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:21 pm

This will indeed be a tough one, the Bulls are big and good, KCP will likely lose this matchup, but he should be competitive. On paper, it's advantage Bulls, fortunately for us, they don't play the games on paper.

Here's a few data points.

1. We beat them twice last year with a less talented team
2. Dinwiddie pretty much had their number, does he get some backup minutes over Blake?
3. Will Jackson look at his own film from last year and remember how to attack?
4. Stanley Johnson is one of the X-factors! does he get some burn at SG to counter Butlers size advantage over KCP?

Finally, IMO, Notorious SVG's coaching should be the difference... we'll see!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Things to Watch

Post  BallinD Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:07 pm

Interesting that the SI referenced scouting/analytics may be paying dividends already.  Stan said they had been liking Morris, Illy and had liked Bullock even b4 the deals materialized.  Then they pulled the plug on the deals and it may be exactly what we needed. Time will tell

Can Bullock show some real value tonite when it counts vs Butler?

With Mirotic and Gasol, the Bulls have mad skills to handle/pass in the half court to complement Rose.  Watch for a cutting Butler.

We may need another ball handler to support RJ and keep him from dribbling himself to death.  Running some halfcourt offense through ILLY could bear fruit.  He looks like an underated passer and if they sag, he can hit the shot.

We might be a John Henson/Tristan Thompson type player for the second unit away from really competing, although I feel if joel anthony can get some PT he can be a defensive stopper-rebounder.

Hit your free throws Dre!

Go Pistons!
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:43 pm

Oracle wrote:

This was an awesome read!!!

Notorious SVG is even smarter than I thought, and I already had a high opinion of him!

One suggestion I would have given them is to create an independent company,

1. Staffed with data experts and
  2. Respected NBA scouts
  3. Then let them generate the data and scouting data.
  4. Sell the data to every one of the NBA teams and whoever else wants it to recover the cost and make a profit

I say this because while the data is important, the magic comes from how you use the data, what you're looking for, and how you interpret the result... i.e. the Smarts!

But they're on the right path, and it'll only be worth it if they do have the smarts to pull information out of the data that isn't obvious, but will make a difference!

Wow! Thanks for sharing this article Mercury. My bet is that this cool staff is watching a lot of games involving Orlando this season. They have some really young superior athletes who have that great love for the game like 19 year old Stanley Johnson.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty I agree, but...

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:35 pm

cool breeze wrote:The schedule is insane. Our Pistons play 3 back to back sets of games mixed in with 6 game road trip to the West Coast. After this impossible road trip, our players get one day of rest before hosting Cleveland. The team has lost Meeks and Jennings is not available. The situation is ripe for more injuries to hit the team. This is true especially because our players are no longer faking it. They play hard. Each game is like running a marathon. Maybe it is time for our retired "Bad Boys" to visit the Commissioner.

“Strength through adversity. The strongest steel is forged by the fires of hell. It is pounded and struck repeatedly before it’s plunged back into the molten fire. The fire gives it power and flexibility, and the blows give it strength. Those two things make the metal pliable and able to withstand every battle it’s called upon to fight. (Savitar)”
FORUM - Page 3 17b5a3e4965a8d3199ed4c2c1d7aa171
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty NA Front office were not kind to our Pistons in the month of November

Post  cool breeze Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:16 pm

The schedule is insane. Our Pistons play 3 back to back sets of games mixed in with 6 game road trip to the West Coast. After this impossible road trip, our players get one day of rest before hosting Cleveland. The team has lost Meeks and Jennings is not available. The situation is ripe for more injuries to hit the team. This is true especially because our players are no longer faking it. They play hard. Each game is like running a marathon. Maybe it is time for our retired "Bad Boys" to visit the Commissioner.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Merc

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:02 pm

This was an awesome read!!!

Notorious SVG is even smarter than I thought, and I already had a high opinion of him!

One suggestion I would have given them is to create an independent company,

1. Staffed with data experts and
  2. Respected NBA scouts
  3. Then let them generate the data and scouting data.
  4. Sell the data to every one of the NBA teams and whoever else wants it to recover the cost and make a profit

I say this because while the data is important, the magic comes from how you use the data, what you're looking for, and how you interpret the result... i.e. the Smarts!

But they're on the right path, and it'll only be worth it if they do have the smarts to pull information out of the data that isn't obvious, but will make a difference!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Breaking News: ESPN 'suspending' Grantland

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:57 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Sparma, we're missing you... phone home Bro!

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:56 pm

You guys are AWESOME!!! The predictions all show an improvement, which I'm sure will be the case, the only question is how many wins will it take to get into the playoffs! They've done well, and shockingly, it's their defense that's made the difference so far!

MemberWins
Lemonpen49
Sebastian48
BallinD47
Merc45
DX45
Oracle44
Wise44
Sissy43
Fennis42
Phil1980boy42
Stones41
Murph40
Fly40
Cool Breeze38
Sparma
Others
Vince Ellis35
Perry A. Farrell36
Drew Sharp38
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty WTF

Post  FlyDog Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:15 pm

Hi WTF! I've been a bad fan for a couple of years now. Just got too depressing with virtually nothing to cheer for. I really like the direction that this team is taking, and regardless of outcomes, I pledge to pay more attention this season. Now that I am a grandfather, I have a more patient approach. It's nice to be back with some **** to cheer for this year.

Cool Breeze, you're making a whole lotta sense with your posts this morning......I agree with all of it.

Oracle, although I enjoy my location, I'll be moving soon..........stay tuned!

Speaking of locations, BallingD's location is eerily familiar!
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Welcomes, and Retirements,

Post  WTF Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:02 pm

Welcome BallinD and damn it Welcome Back Mr. Fly Dog and DX!!!!!.

I have decided in honor of Fly's return and our current 2 game win streak and being 2 games above .500 since forever to retire the name WiseFan and now go by the name WiserTheFan or just plan WTF facepalm

About damn time on retiring both Big Ben and Big Shots number congrats but Rip lead this group in points score during this run and should be honored in the same manner IMO.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Oracle

Post  cool breeze Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:45 am

My prediction for wins for our Pistons is .......38

If the fans start buying in and supporting the team by attending more games this season, Detroit could win more than I anticipate. Regardless of the record, I am really pleased with this group of players and especially the men who will be playing center, power forward and small forward this year. How refreshing to see our bigs taking charges and actually making an attempt to block shots. After watching Wall and Beal play against Orlando the other night, I think our weakness will be our guard play more than our bigs this season. Avoiding injuries will be the key for this team. They have positive team chemistry and a lot of individual grit. How sweet is that! Go Pistons!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:25 am

Murph wrote:
BallinD wrote:This is from the "No good deed goes unpunished" file.

Atlanta Hawk Thabo Sefolosha, acquitted of bogus charges, to file civil lawsuit vs NY Cops.  

Last April he was charged with "obstruction governmental administration" WTF??? His leg was kicked out from under him from behind, he was arrested and held for 12 hours, because he got out of his car and tried to give a homeless man 20 bucks.

On the witness stand, the lying cop said his leg was already broken before the incident.  Mind you, he played a game that night and then went to a nightclub, all with a broken leg, no less??? Amazing.

“I had nightmares. I would wake up sweating in the middle of the night,” Sefolosha said. “I was dreaming not necessarily of that exact moment but more of the whole feeling about it—half scared, half nervous. It felt like I had been just one wrong move away from something much more serious happening. It was a long summer for me. I had nights where I came back after watching the team play, just feeling defeated and angry that all this had happened, and for no reason.”

Sefolosha, who calls the incident “an act of police brutality” in a GQ piece, plans to file a civil rights lawsuit.

ESPN, SI, nobody touched this story all summer till he was acquitted a couple of weeks ago, but everybody wants to talk about Lamar Odom.  Not to get political, but with all the obvious discrepancies in the cops story and rampant police brutality vs black males, the NBA was strangely silent on this one.  Hmmmmm.  

Thabo refused to take a plea deal and went to trial.  Bravo!!

I lived in NYC for a little over 20 years during and after college, and I can tell you from experience the NYPD, generally speaking, are a bunch of mean, nasty, miserable, racist bullies.  I'm sure there must be nice NYC cops somewhere, but I've never met one.  It's been my experience that you should never, ever engage a NYC cop on any level, if you don't have to.   And that's true of everyone, but needless to say, it's especially true if you're a minority.  Literally, every encounter I've ever had with a NYC cop has been unpleasant.  Whenever I'm in New York, I avoid the cops like the plague...and I'm as white as it gets.

I hope Sefalosha takes NYC to the cleaners.

True story:  My wife commutes into NYC for work.  About 3 months ago, she was pulled over for talking on her cell phone while driving.  The cops ran her drivers license, and found an outstanding parking ticket from when she lived in NYC about 15 years ago.  So what did they do?  They cuffed her, took her down to the precinct, booked her and finger printed her, and held her until her boss had to come down and bail her out...for an outstanding parking ticket.

Now this episode certainly pales in comparison to the Sefalosha episode.  But there is no doubt in my mind that if she had mouthed off to the cops, they would have punched her and arrested her for resisting arrest.

Thanks for sharing this story about your wife Murph. I lived in NYC for several months after being discharged from the army and waiting for the next grad school term to start. My buddy attended Colombia at the time and invited me to share his apt. My observations were similar to yours. However, I did witness a cop put his life at risk by running into traffic to grab a small kid who had broken away from his mother. He saved the kid but the cop had his ankle crushed by the wheel of an idiot cab driver before he would reach the curb. As with every profession, there are good dedicated police women and men as well as the bottom feeders.

There are forces out there who benefit from trying to divide us into certain groupings to create hate. This opens the door to create a revolution and then implement a new system. The new system will promote a one class system. No more individualism, hope of upward mobility or freedom of thought. Rigid control by the new revolutionary government will make the current mean spirited cops interaction seem like a nice walk in the park. We are Americans and must resist We must use caution before judging. Each person we meet for the first time in whatever capacity color or hair style should be judged as an American on a individual basis. Politicians who use class warfare talk in their speeches are saying the same crap that the old Soviet Union taught members of the Communist Party of the United States (CPUSA) in the 1920s and 1930s. That strategy of creating class and professional division within our country was listed in the CPUSA de classified documents released by the late great Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan. Mr. Moynihan was a liberal democrat who worried about extreme leftist revolutionaries hijacking the democratic party. Loss of civil control can only be accomplished by dismembering law enforcement. The current mayor of NYC has stoked the fire of revolution. The police in NYC will receive no criticism for arresting a white woman for a parking ticket violation. That had to be a horrible experience for your wife Murph and the story should be released to the media that is helping to create the current crazy climate in America.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Drop That Zero N Get Yoself A Hero!

Post  FlyDog Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:39 am

Geeze Murph..........what's it like to be married to a convicted misdemeanorian? You really walk on the wild side, my friend.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty I Heart Joe Lombardi

Post  FlyDog Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:34 am

HI EVERYBODY!!!!! It's nice to be back. It looks like we have a playoff team this season in the weak East. I'm going to predict 40 Wins.

PS- BallinD needs to stick with his original pick of 42.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty NYPD

Post  Murph Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:09 am

BallinD wrote:This is from the "No good deed goes unpunished" file.

Atlanta Hawk Thabo Sefolosha, acquitted of bogus charges, to file civil lawsuit vs NY Cops.  

Last April he was charged with "obstruction governmental administration" WTF??? His leg was kicked out from under him from behind, he was arrested and held for 12 hours, because he got out of his car and tried to give a homeless man 20 bucks.

On the witness stand, the lying cop said his leg was already broken before the incident.  Mind you, he played a game that night and then went to a nightclub, all with a broken leg, no less??? Amazing.

“I had nightmares. I would wake up sweating in the middle of the night,” Sefolosha said. “I was dreaming not necessarily of that exact moment but more of the whole feeling about it—half scared, half nervous. It felt like I had been just one wrong move away from something much more serious happening. It was a long summer for me. I had nights where I came back after watching the team play, just feeling defeated and angry that all this had happened, and for no reason.”

Sefolosha, who calls the incident “an act of police brutality” in a GQ piece, plans to file a civil rights lawsuit.

ESPN, SI, nobody touched this story all summer till he was acquitted a couple of weeks ago, but everybody wants to talk about Lamar Odom.  Not to get political, but with all the obvious discrepancies in the cops story and rampant police brutality vs black males, the NBA was strangely silent on this one.  Hmmmmm.  

Thabo refused to take a plea deal and went to trial.  Bravo!!

I lived in NYC for a little over 20 years during and after college, and I can tell you from experience the NYPD, generally speaking, are a bunch of mean, nasty, miserable, racist bullies.  I'm sure there must be nice NYC cops somewhere, but I've never met one.  It's been my experience that you should never, ever engage a NYC cop on any level, if you don't have to.   And that's true of everyone, but needless to say, it's especially true if you're a minority.  Literally, every encounter I've ever had with a NYC cop has been unpleasant.  Whenever I'm in New York, I avoid the cops like the plague...and I'm as white as it gets.

I hope Sefalosha takes NYC to the cleaners.

True story:  My wife commutes into NYC for work.  About 3 months ago, she was pulled over for talking on her cell phone while driving.  The cops ran her drivers license, and found an outstanding parking ticket from when she lived in NYC about 15 years ago.  So what did they do?  They cuffed her, took her down to the precinct, booked her and finger printed her, and held her until her boss had to come down and bail her out...for an outstanding parking ticket.

Now this episode certainly pales in comparison to the Sefalosha episode.  But there is no doubt in my mind that if she had mouthed off to the cops, they would have punched her and arrested her for resisting arrest.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Gores is developing a powerhouse scouting team

Post  merc Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:59 pm

merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:46 pm

lemonpen wrote:What do you think the probability is that Jodie Meeks gets "Wally Pipp'ed".

Unfortunately for him there is an eager and seemingly capable youngster waiting in the wings.  Oh, and said youngster is coming off of a pretty impressive pre-season.
I would say based on performance it's very likely... but SVG has been inclined to be a veterans coach... IMO it's Bullocks job to remove any doubt.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next