Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
Sebastian
Sparma
cool breeze
Sissy1946
Go Stones!
Fennis Dembo
Phil-Good
FlyDog
lemonpen
WTF
14 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Ruth, Dr Oz, Dr. Phil, Dr. Spock, Dr.Frankenstien

Post  deusXango Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:37 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Evert time I attack a player for their obvious character flaws I'm called mean, I tried to rationalize their behavior because they were never winners on the college level yet hyped up by the media.  I swear some of them seem like they need to be on medication facepalm
Calling Dr. Jennings, calling Dr. Jennings....where is that guy? Somebody's got to sign for this "molly." lol
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty After I calmed down, I agree...

Post  Oracle Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:09 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/columnists/bob-wojnowski/2015/03/08/wojo-says-suh-likely-gone-detroit-lions-blame/24630153/ wrote:Detroit – Ndamukong Suh got paid. And the Lions got played.

Whether the Lions miscalculated or were misled by Suh and his agent, it's their own fault. They bungled this, long before the reports Sunday he was leaving for the Dolphins and a staggering $114 million, $60 million guaranteed.

Be mad at Suh if you wish, but don't misconstrue what happened here, as the Lions lost their best defensive player in a generation or more. Suh did exactly what he always suggested he would do — break the bank, any bank. And yet the Lions' front office of Tom Lewand and Martin Mayhew clung to foolish optimism, knowing it was all about money even as they ran out of cap space and time.

That was my immediate reaction but we might be able to survive the loss of Suh defensively.  Quiet it as it kept I think Fairley when healthy and being healthy is the key word in this was better and required the same double teaming as Suh did.  Plus we had a ton of pass rusher on that front four but I would still have preferred it if we kept Suh.  

Hopefully Caldwell can get Fairley right in the head,  he reminds me of a quicker Jerry Ball when he's healthy and focus. Bright spot is it frees up cap money.

If Stafford makes the progress we all hope for, and the rest of the defense stays together with some additions, we should be alright.

They say we shouldn't be mad at Suh, and while I'm not, I was a bit upset that it was ALL about the money! I understand that the money is important so that's fine, but there are other things, and IMO, playing in South Beach may have been one of them, especially for a single man!

I don't want to be too crude, but the level, variety and tanned bodies of the women available in Miami sort of dwarfs what available in cold ass Detroit lol  Sometimes it's about money, power and pu$$y hehe
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Suh I Was Hoping We Tagged Him This Season

Post  WTF Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:42 pm

Oracle wrote:
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/columnists/bob-wojnowski/2015/03/08/wojo-says-suh-likely-gone-detroit-lions-blame/24630153/ wrote:Detroit – Ndamukong Suh got paid. And the Lions got played.

Whether the Lions miscalculated or were misled by Suh and his agent, it's their own fault. They bungled this, long before the reports Sunday he was leaving for the Dolphins and a staggering $114 million, $60 million guaranteed.

Be mad at Suh if you wish, but don't misconstrue what happened here, as the Lions lost their best defensive player in a generation or more. Suh did exactly what he always suggested he would do — break the bank, any bank. And yet the Lions' front office of Tom Lewand and Martin Mayhew clung to foolish optimism, knowing it was all about money even as they ran out of cap space and time.

That was my immediate reaction but we might be able to survive the loss of Suh defensively.  Quiet it as it kept I think Fairley when healthy and being healthy is the key word in this was better and required the same double teaming as Suh did.  Plus we had a ton of pass rusher on that front four but I would still have preferred it if we kept Suh.  

Hopefully Caldwell can get Fairley right in the head,  he reminds me of a quicker Jerry Ball when he's healthy and focus. Bright spot is it frees up cap money.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Ruth, Dr Oz, Dr. Phil, Dr. Spock, Dr.Frankenstien

Post  WTF Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:35 pm

DX wrote:Shooting coaches, an analytic team, what about a psychologist? Don't SVG think his charges need a session or two to address their inconsistent play? I mean how in the world do they forget what sound basketball practices SVG teaches them in a game or two? Why are they such lazy and unconcerned asses when they're playing a damn game for millions of dollars? For my money, somebody needs to get inside their collective heads!

Not sure if you said this jokingly DX, but yeah these clowns all need a therapist. They have very little passion if any at all, aloof, disconcerting, passive, pussies. I never her anyone of them aspiring to be the best so they have no drive and seem overly content with failure. It's amazing we have 3 lottery picks and not a single one poses an ounce of leadership ability. I swear we got the whiniest and softest starting PF in the league to be 6'11 260lbs it a damn shame the way he gets punk nightly.

Where's the anger with this group over losing games. No one gets pissed off about it and they should, neither big demands the ball to carry the team on they're shoulders in clutch moments

Evert time I attack a player for their obvious character flaws I'm called mean, I tried to rationalize their behavior because they were never winners on the college level yet hyped up by the media. I swear some of them seem like they need to be on medication facepalm
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Some idle thoughts

Post  deusXango Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:45 pm

I've been holding it in, but now I must say it or burst; I told you all that Khris Middleton was the desired player in the BK7/Middleton for Jennings deal! John Hammond is no fool, regardless of how the Bucks are performing now, and is building a team that's going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Why has Quincy Miller been signed to his second 10 day contract, but yet to see the floor? Practice dummy? I don't think so! "Developmental player?" How ridiculous and insulting can you get!! When all you can muster is 6 points from Prince and Butler, combined, and defense is the first thing to fly out of SVG's mouth, when talking about the loss, why isn't this kid given any time?

Damn what Monroe may or may not be worth on the open market, are we expecting Van Gundy to do what Dumars did, bid against himself for the Moose's services? Is this the Twilight Zone where the more things change, the more they remain the same? What's Moose really worth to us?

Damn what Jackson turned down in OKC, that was obviously an overpayment offered to keep a starting level PG on their team! Jackson wanted his own team to run and it wasn't ever going to happen OKC; is it possible we can keep him for the same or less in contract money? We gave him his team to run and that should trump some contract concerns.

How many fans realize how serious the injury Dinwiddie is recovering from actually was? The young man is game and should be applauded for being on the floor, but because he was the only pick we had last year, miracles are expected of him; what'll we have after a summer of additional rehab/conditioning and a full preseason with the team?

Speaking of injuries, all those who've been living in Jennings jock, are you in favor of re-signing him to an extended contract, because he deserves time to properly heal also? The timing of his unfortunate injury sucks, but it is, what it is and it has nothing to do with the business of an evolving, bottom feeding, team that's trying to rise to the top.

Am I the only one who's embarrassed by the teams that have been walking over us this year? I'm not just talking New York or Philly, but the likes of Charlotte, Milwaukee, and a few of the so-called front runners who should never have passed us in their development. I want to be embarrassed, but then I think about the coaching decisions made by our "savior coach" and realize that I have a place wayyy back in the embarrassment line.

As much as I miss Augustin, I can't help but wonder how Bynum would have fared out if he was placed in the same position as DJ? Both were fantastic finishers at the rim, given their size, both were high scorers capable of going off for 30+ points on any given night, and regrettably neither could stop a roll of toilet paper from rolling across the floor. At least SVG got something for Augustin, we didn't get anything for Bynum.

Why is it that SVG is brain dead when it comes to evaluating SF's and more importantly, why are fans and media murmuring about it and not outraged? Cartier Martin, Kyle Singler, Tayshaun Prince, and Caron Butler are the ones who've played, while Luigi Datome, Jonas Jerebko, and now Quincy Miller sat....that whole collection of SF's couldn't get us one decent SF? Brain dead or blind eye, take your pick.

What's going to be our draft priority, SF or PF? Shooter or defender? Chocolate or vanilla? Potato or potatoe? Tomato or tomatoe? I can't wait to see what Van Gundy and Bower does with their first, first round draft pick and it's going to be a lottery pick, make no doubt about it.

Shooting coaches, an analytic team, what about a psychologist? Don't SVG think his charges need a session or two to address their inconsistent play? I mean how in the world do they forget what sound basketball practices SVG teaches them in a game or two? Why are they such lazy and unconcerned asses when they're playing a damn game for millions of dollars? For my money, somebody needs to get inside their collective heads!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty OMG, Lions F**k up & let Suh escape!!!

Post  Oracle Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:09 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Don, it's Jackson, there's no 2 ways about it!

Post  Oracle Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:05 pm

cool breeze wrote:After watching this last game I could guess what everyone in the Detroit media would be talking about. Is Jackson worth a max contract(It's too early to make that statement, but with the evidence we have now, the answer is no). Why was it that the same stuff was being said about Brandon Knight or Calderon or any other point guard who has played since Chauncey ran the show????? Why does it always have to be the point guard's fault(Because it's how the PG initiates the offense, controls the flow of the game, and inspires the other players to perform. That doesn't mean that he is 100% responsible for the loss, but any leader takes the blame and wants it.) ? Everyone falls in line with this nonsense. What I saw in this last game was how ineffective our starting 2 guard was both on offense and defense(I saw the same thing, but I also saw a team that couldn't shoot in the 4th, and no leadership to sow them any other way to score. IMO, Jackson is in shock at how the lane is closed down when you don't have KD & Westbrook to scare the crap out of teams). And our back up is not much better but sure can shoot the ball better than Pope has been shooting it. There is no threat to opponents that our 2 guard can hit wide open jump shots. Also, when crunch time arrives can our big men hold their own or do they still make huge blunders with their defensive rotation in the painted area(Sadly, they play like rookies when the pressure is on without leadership.)? How well is Tolliver been playing lately? Does anyone ask that question(Not much, but he's off as well since Augustin and Singler left! Singler & Augustin spaced the floor better, giving him more open shots)? What about Stan Van Gundy's decision to play the D League guard instead of Spencer Dinwiddie? What sense does that make unless Dinwiddie is injured? I am tired of all the smoke and mirrors where fans and sports writers do the easy thing and place the blame for a team's lack of ability to compete on point guards. Jackson had very few options when he ran the team from the half court offense. Do our players move like the Spurs team did in the playoffs last season? NO THERE IS VERY LITTLE ENERGY EXPENDED BY THE OTHER PLAYERS WHO PLAY WITH OUR POINT GUARDS. AND OUR SKILL PLAYERS ( SMALL FORWARDS-SHOOTING GUARDS) ARE INFERIOR PLAYERS TO OUR OPPONENT SKILL PLAYERS(Why is that Don? That wasn't the case when Jennings was the PG, that's when movement was all over the place, and every player looked better! It continued under Augustin, but has gone back to Josh Smith levels of movement! It's the addition of Jackson coupled with the loss of Singler and Augustin, and to a lesser degree, JJ... see my final remarks below.). I used to get so worked up with this nonsense when Brandon Knight was playing for the Pistons. And when Calderon arrived to replace Knight as point guard, few fans or media writers admitted that something else might be wrong with the Pistons other than how the point guards played. Calderon was a pass first point guard when he arrived from Toronto. What did he end up doing most of the time? He was forced to shoot the basketball more because his teammates stood and watched never doing their jobs well(The Knight problem was different! Everyone knew the team was talent poor, but with Knight, we had the OPPOSITE of what we have now! With Knight we had PROOF positive that it wasn't the PG position, because Calderon couldn't produce better results. Today we have positive proof that who the PG is makes a world of difference).

There is a common thread that is playing out this season that we can trace back to all previous seasons since the glory days of Billups lead Piston seasons. Management has traded away rising stars and given away draft picks while picking up left overs from other teams. Has the Detroit Pistons become a farm team for other teams in the league? For sure that happened under Joe Dumars tenure. Meanwhile, The Thunder fans are extremely happy with the play of Kyle Singler and DJ Augustin. They are winning games.(I hate to agree with you on this one, but it's true, at least of the old management! BTW, Middleton scored 30 points in the last win for the Bucks! WTF is the deal that we traded both him and Knight to another team when both turn out to be amazing starters! Somebody was as blind as a bat!

I don't believe that we are losing because of how Jackson has played. It is true that Spencer Dinwiddie has won when he was the starter. But now he is on the bench again. When Dinwiddie did play in the recent past games as a backup, I don't know how any other point guard could have played much better knowing which players Dinwiddie was playing with in the 2nd unit. I still say, Spencer Dinwiddie is a smart guy and a smart basketball player. He has a history of being a good defender and a guy who always sees the floor well and finds the open man in the half court offense. Spencer doesn't just jack up shots like an idiot.  Dinwiddie has realized something that the coaching staff choses to ignore. The second unit sucks right now. That group is not capable of pushing the tempo and that is why Dinwiddie showed things down especially when Monroe was playing with the 2nd unit. So in this last game, we saw Lucas push the basketball and play fast. How did that work out for the Pistons yesterday? Please answer that question Mr. Van Gundy..... What do you have to gain by playing a guy who will not be a part of the future of the Detroit Pistons? It seems the obvious answer is that Stan Van Gundy is not doing the right thing because he doesn't want Spencer Dinwiddie to be successful. Stan wants to push the basketball even if that style doesn't fit his team. Did you hear that Spencer? That is what you are up against now. If you get another chance, you need to prove Stan and the world wrong. I know Spencer Dinwiddie is a special player. I have watched him do some incredible things while playing at Colorado. Is Dinwiddie a better option for the team right now today with this current team than Jackson? I know Spencer is a lot smarter. Jackson is an amazing athlete and he has potential of being an elite player but no way in hell does he have the basketball IQ of Spencer Dinwiddie. I feel that Dinwiddie is suffering from the mental obstacle that many players have faced in their careers. Players have a really hard time having confidence in their ability to lead a team when the coach shows that they have no confidence in the player. What is Stan Van Gundy doing to instill more confidence for this rookie? He has no problem giving love to Pope who is stinking up the game big time right now. Some players get passes on everything while others are continually in the dog house.

Dinwiddie needs to find a new home where he is appreciated more. Then he will become the player that will do all the smart things that cause a team to win games. It is not all about foot speed and the length of your arms that determines success and failure. Spencer Dinwiddie has the right stuff will struggle like all other point guards who play for the Detroit Pistons. Should we look at some of the players who occupy the other positions?  (Dinwiddie gets little respect because he's a rookie, I wouldn't read too much into how he's treated this year, even though I mostly agree with your thoughts)

Look we have a problem, but it's not the problem, it's the timing of the problem.

When SVG made the trade, the hope was that everything would go perfectly, but it didn't.

SVG upset our chemistry, and it's going to take time to get it back, and as a result EVERYONE is going to look and perform a little bit worse than they normally would! Changing PG's in the middle of the season is a tough ticket for even a bad team, but much worse if you were winning or starting to win.

Jackson came from a team where the spacing was so good that the lane was almost totally open and he could roam around it and get off a shot at will! The spacing didn't exist because he was such a great outside shooter, it existed because everyone else was! Unfortunately here, we NEED out PG to be able to space the floor because neither of our bigs are a threat to shoot the ball from virtually anywhere... Jennings figured out how to turn that into a STRENGTH!

Whammy #2 was losing the floor spacing Augustin and Singler! Both could make 3's and it wasn't as easy to pack the paint when they played, and what they didn't do with the threat of the 3, was made up by movement. In short, you were right about Singler, his effect isn't a reflection of his individual greatness, but a team dynamic that often goes un-noticed.

These issues will cost you games until they're cleared up, and it'll be hard to do this year! Jackson has most of the tools to be a great PG, but he's lacking a few things that he never needed on a team like the Thunder.

Jackson needs to:
1. Develop a 3 point shot
2. Learn that the P&R with Drummond sets up everything else. When it's working,
          a. It encourages movement
          b. Forces defenses to move in ways that create space
          c. And is virtually unstoppable if the PG is a threat, as Jackson is. They won't be able to tell a floater from a lob.
3. He needs to know his teammates & the system a lot better, that was Augustin's advantage

All of this is correctable, and we'll see improvement this year, but most of it will occur next year if he stays!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty The same subject has been discussed in the media and on our forum. Point guards take the blame for our long recent history of losing..

Post  cool breeze Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:09 pm

After watching this last game I could guess what everyone in the Detroit media would be talking about. Is Jackson worth a max contract. Why was it that the same stuff was being said about Brandon Knight or Calderon or any other point guard who has played since Chauncey ran the show????? Why does it always have to be the point guard's fault? Everyone falls in line with this nonsense. What I saw in this last game was how ineffective our starting 2 guard was both on offense and defense. And our back up is not much better but sure can shoot the ball better than Pope has been shooting it. There is no threat to opponents that our 2 guard can hit wide open jump shots. Also, when crunch time arrives can our big men hold their own or do they still make huge blunders with their defensive rotation in the painted area? How well is Tolliver been playing lately? Does anyone ask that question? What about Stan Van Gundy's decision to play the D League guard instead of Spencer Dinwiddie? What sense does that make unless Dinwiddie is injured? I am tired of all the smoke and mirrors where fans and sports writers do the easy thing and place the blame for a team's lack of ability to compete on point guards. Jackson had very few options when he ran the team from the half court offense. Do our players move like the Spurs team did in the playoffs last season? NO THERE IS VERY LITTLE ENERGY EXPENDED BY THE OTHER PLAYERS WHO PLAY WITH OUR POINT GUARDS. AND OUR SKILL PLAYERS ( SMALL FORWARDS-SHOOTING GUARDS) ARE INFERIOR PLAYERS TO OUR OPPONENT SKILL PLAYERS. I used to get so worked up with this nonsense when Brandon Knight was playing for the Pistons. And when Calderon arrived to replace Knight as point guard, few fans or media writers admitted that something else might be wrong with the Pistons other than how the point guards played. Calderon was a pass first point guard when he arrived from Toronto. What did he end up doing most of the time? He was forced to shoot the basketball more because his teammates stood and watched never doing their jobs well.

There is a common thread that is playing out this season that we can trace back to all previous seasons since the glory days of Billups lead Piston seasons. Management has traded away rising stars and given away draft picks while picking up left overs from other teams. Has the Detroit Pistons become a farm team for other teams in the league? For sure that happened under Joe Dumars tenure. Meanwhile, The Thunder fans are extremely happy with the play of Kyle Singler and DJ Augustin. They are winning games.

I don't believe that we are losing because of how Jackson has played. It is true that Spencer Dinwiddie has won when he was the starter. But now he is on the bench again. When Dinwiddie did play in the recent past games as a backup, I don't know how any other point guard could have played much better knowing which players Dinwiddie was playing with in the 2nd unit. I still say, Spencer Dinwiddie is a smart guy and a smart basketball player. He has a history of being a good defender and a guy who always sees the floor well and finds the open man in the half court offense. Spencer doesn't just jack up shots like an idiot. Dinwiddie has realized something that the coaching staff choses to ignore. The second unit sucks right now. That group is not capable of pushing the tempo and that is why Dinwiddie showed things down especially when Monroe was playing with the 2nd unit. So in this last game, we saw Lucas push the basketball and play fast. How did that work out for the Pistons yesterday? Please answer that question Mr. Van Gundy..... What do you have to gain by playing a guy who will not be a part of the future of the Detroit Pistons? It seems the obvious answer is that Stan Van Gundy is not doing the right thing because he doesn't want Spencer Dinwiddie to be successful. Stan wants to push the basketball even if that style doesn't fit his team. Did you hear that Spencer? That is what you are up against now. If you get another chance, you need to prove Stan and the world wrong. I know Spencer Dinwiddie is a special player. I have watched him do some incredible things while playing at Colorado. Is Dinwiddie a better option for the team right now today with this current team than Jackson? I know Spencer is a lot smarter. Jackson is an amazing athlete and he has potential of being an elite player but no way in hell does he have the basketball IQ of Spencer Dinwiddie. I feel that Dinwiddie is suffering from the mental obstacle that many players have faced in their careers. Players have a really hard time having confidence in their ability to lead a team when the coach shows that they have no confidence in the player. What is Stan Van Gundy doing to instill more confidence for this rookie? He has no problem giving love to Pope who is stinking up the game big time right now. Some players get passes on everything while others are continually in the dog house.

Dinwiddie needs to find a new home where he is appreciated more. Then he will become the player that will do all the smart things that cause a team to win games. It is not all about foot speed and the length of your arms that determines success and failure. Spencer Dinwiddie has the right stuff will struggle like all other point guards who play for the Detroit Pistons. Should we look at some of the players who occupy the other positions?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Josh Is A Golden Calf of Worship LOL!

Post  WTF Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:41 am

Oracle wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Jackson, there's nothing wrong with Jackson other than being new to a different environment and playing with different team mates. I like what I've seen or him thus far and I think if he's here next season (nowhere near a Max Deal) he'll be just fine.  I believe he can be just as good if not better than what Jennings was during that 13 game stretch which I was never really sold on

Funny we get out Prince likely less than we were getting out of Kyle though Prince is probably the better defender even late in his career but offensively ouch! Pewee his ass stinks about as bad.

Moose is Moose a soft inconsistent turd with meaningless stats more often than not.  Oddly he's not the reason we've been losing although he's passionless play hurt us.  Andre is what he is and his ass need to show more than marginal improvement next season or we need to be considering trading his ass also.  

My 2 Cents Worth Okay as bad as we bash our lack of talent at the SF position I am of the opinion that its been crappy play coming from our SG position that has been the culprit to our recent strings of loses.  I can't remember the last time we had a starting SG this crappy  Joe, Jerry, John, Hamilton, Houston hell I'll even toss Stuckey into the mix of players where we knew what we get from them night in and night out.  There was something readily identifiable about their  games that consistently showed night in and night out.   People I have no issues about trading KCP ass because his game is makes no fu@king sense, its nothing special about him. IMO he's been the reason for the string of losses.

Not to say I told any one so, but many were happy looking at the W's during that 13 games run,  happily attributing the success from Josh's departure okay I get got why he needed to be let go but this team is still the sad soft pussy they were.  Moose didn't up his game or effort he's still a big pussy in the post and the team is missing far more 3's than when Josh was here.   I told you all Karma Sucks!  Yeah The Josh Smith Fan Club still lives and I say we would be above .500 if it was Moose ass gone instead of Josh  tb - You can't say I told you so, because you can't explain WHY we won after Josh left, so you don't have any answers. Josh was the problem, plain and simple, no question about it! As I said to DX, Augustin is better for us in the short term because Jackson can't space the floor as good as Augustin or Jennings, but you don't seem to understand spacing!

I see some are ready to do the same thing to Jackson that was done to Smith(only you see things through the prism of Josh Smith, but it fogs up your glasses).  Jackson isn't here to save the team or fix the flaws of the players.  All the players need to step up and be accountable. Like not scapegoat Jackson or toss doubt about him with all these what ifs of Jennings not being hurt or DJ being traded.  At least not until he had a full year with the team. 

Jennings made the entire TEAM better! No qualifications, nothing, it happened and the reasons are clear and obvious... but not to you! None of that means that the silliness you stated is even close to the truth.

1. It doesn't mean that Jackson couldn't do the same in time,
2. It doesn't mean that Jackson is here to save the team

What it does mean is that he isn't doing it now, and what he's doing is counter productive to us winning, no matter how many points he scores, we're going to lose if he keeps playing this way!

Did you see the movie the Ten Commandments? One of the funny parts to me was that Moses would show them miracles, but if they were left alone for 5 minutes, the knuckleheads would forget the miracles and stop believing... that's some funny stuff!

That's you Wise, you saw what happened, it's not mystery that the team was better and that they won, but you won't let silly facts like winning stop you from believing what's really happening, you fail to believe anything, except losing, because you can't understand or explain winning(or losing)!

You base you assumptions on stats! You constantly rattled off Josh's stats as if they meant something, and ignored the elephant in the room.

You recognize losing and losers with laser vision! No matter how bad Josh was, he was good to you! No matter how badly we lost, you didn't believe that either, losing is what you seem to embrace, so it's not odd that once we started winning, of course you can't believe that!

We went on a big winning streak on the day he left, after going 5-23 with his losing ass! When will you learn that we can analyze why we win and why we lose, but we can't change the record!

Miracles, meaning once in a life-time freak accident not a normality not a trend. Easily to jump on a band-wagon of miracles but can you really explain a miracle? No. With that what happen could easily be summed up as coincidence, circumstantial, hell the result of weather and climate change. While putting the ball in Jennings hands resulted in wins it didn't fully explain I could argue fear to be a motivating factor after Josh release.

IMO Spacing while a problem it isn't the sole reason for this team losing. As I've stated many times it those dumb ill-advise 3's, the sh!tty play from the SG position, and lack of passion and effort from our front court in stepping up when it needs to.

I was thinking of going back to being the The Cynic tb
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Way too funny!

Post  Oracle Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:14 am

WISEFAN wrote:Jackson, there's nothing wrong with Jackson other than being new to a different environment and playing with different team mates. I like what I've seen or him thus far and I think if he's here next season (nowhere near a Max Deal) he'll be just fine.  I believe he can be just as good if not better than what Jennings was during that 13 game stretch which I was never really sold on

Funny we get out Prince likely less than we were getting out of Kyle though Prince is probably the better defender even late in his career but offensively ouch! Pewee his ass stinks about as bad.

Moose is Moose a soft inconsistent turd with meaningless stats more often than not.  Oddly he's not the reason we've been losing although he's passionless play hurt us.  Andre is what he is and his ass need to show more than marginal improvement next season or we need to be considering trading his ass also.  

My 2 Cents Worth Okay as bad as we bash our lack of talent at the SF position I am of the opinion that its been crappy play coming from our SG position that has been the culprit to our recent strings of loses.  I can't remember the last time we had a starting SG this crappy  Joe, Jerry, John, Hamilton, Houston hell I'll even toss Stuckey into the mix of players where we knew what we get from them night in and night out.  There was something readily identifiable about their  games that consistently showed night in and night out.   People I have no issues about trading KCP ass because his game is makes no fu@king sense, its nothing special about him. IMO he's been the reason for the string of losses.

Not to say I told any one so, but many were happy looking at the W's during that 13 games run,  happily attributing the success from Josh's departure okay I get got why he needed to be let go but this team is still the sad soft pussy they were.  Moose didn't up his game or effort he's still a big pussy in the post and the team is missing far more 3's than when Josh was here.   I told you all Karma Sucks!  Yeah The Josh Smith Fan Club still lives and I say we would be above .500 if it was Moose ass gone instead of Josh  tb - You can't say I told you so, because you can't explain WHY we won after Josh left, so you don't have any answers. Josh was the problem, plain and simple, no question about it! As I said to DX, Augustin is better for us in the short term because Jackson can't space the floor as good as Augustin or Jennings, but you don't seem to understand spacing!

I see some are ready to do the same thing to Jackson that was done to Smith(only you see things through the prism of Josh Smith, but it fogs up your glasses).  Jackson isn't here to save the team or fix the flaws of the players.  All the players need to step up and be accountable. Like not scapegoat Jackson or toss doubt about him with all these what ifs of Jennings not being hurt or DJ being traded.  At least not until he had a full year with the team. 

Jennings made the entire TEAM better! No qualifications, nothing, it happened and the reasons are clear and obvious... but not to you! None of that means that the silliness you stated is even close to the truth.

1. It doesn't mean that Jackson couldn't do the same in time,
2. It doesn't mean that Jackson is here to save the team

What it does mean is that he isn't doing it now, and what he's doing is counter productive to us winning, no matter how many points he scores, we're going to lose if he keeps playing this way!

Did you see the movie the Ten Commandments? One of the funny parts to me was that Moses would show them miracles, but if they were left alone for 5 minutes, the knuckleheads would forget the miracles and stop believing... that's some funny stuff!

That's you Wise, you saw what happened, it's not mystery that the team was better and that they won, but you won't let silly facts like winning stop you from believing what's really happening, you fail to believe anything, except losing, because you can't understand or explain winning(or losing)!

You base you assumptions on stats! You constantly rattled off Josh's stats as if they meant something, and ignored the elephant in the room.

You recognize losing and losers with laser vision! No matter how bad Josh was, he was good to you! No matter how badly we lost, you didn't believe that either, losing is what you seem to embrace, so it's not odd that once we started winning, of course you can't believe that!

We went on a big winning streak on the day he left, after going 5-23 with his losing ass! When will you learn that we can analyze why we win and why we lose, but we can't change the record!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty After Game Thoughts

Post  WTF Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:24 pm

Jackson, there's nothing wrong with Jackson other than being new to a different environment and playing with different team mates. I like what I've seen or him thus far and I think if he's here next season (nowhere near a Max Deal) he'll be just fine. I believe he can be just as good if not better than what Jennings was during that 13 game stretch which I was never really sold on.

Moose is Moose a soft inconsistent turd with meaningless stats more often than not. Oddly he's not the reason we've been losing although he's passionless play hurt us. Andre is what he is and his ass need to show more than marginal improvement next season or we need to be considering trading his ass also.

My 2 Cents Worth Okay as bad as we bash our lack of talent at the SF position I am of the opinion that its been crappy play coming from our SG position that has been the culprit to our recent strings of loses. I can't remember the last time we had a starting SG this crappy Joe, Jerry, John, Hamilton, Houston hell I'll even toss Stuckey into the mix of players where we knew what we get from them night in and night out. There was something readily identifiable about their games that consistently showed night in and night out. People I have no issues about trading KCP ass because his game is makes no fu@king sense, its nothing special about him. IMO he's been the reason for the string of losses.

Not to say I told any one so, but many were happy looking at the W's during that 13 games run, happily attributing the success from Josh's departure okay I get got why he needed to be let go but this team is still the sad soft pussy they were. Moose didn't up his game or effort he's still a big pussy in the post and the team is missing far more 3's than when Josh was here. I told you all Karma Sucks! Yeah The Josh Smith Fan Club still lives and I say we would be above .500 if it was Moose ass gone instead of Josh tb

I see some are ready to do the same thing to Jackson that was done to Smith. Jackson isn't here to save the team or fix the flaws of the players. All the players need to step up and be accountable. Like not scapegoat Jackson or toss doubt about him with all these what ifs of Jennings not being hurt or DJ being traded. At least not until he had a full year with the team.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty I hope that Stan Van Gundy experiments with lineups for the remainder of this season

Post  cool breeze Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:50 pm

The best thing that could happen for the future of the Detroit Pistons would be to lose every game left on the schedule. We should celebrate any game where our players give a great effort but somehow come up short of winning. The Kings have a two game lead on us now. We need to somehow get ahead of the Kings to increase our odds of jumping up in the draft. We need potential star players and that can only come through the draft. Winning can get us bunched closer to teams in our class. They can move ahead of us in the draft lottery if Stan Van Gundy doesn't do something to insure that this team loses. If he does that, then it will be the first time in years that the Pistons have done something right.

We wouldn't need to encourage losing if Joe Dumars had been fired the day Tom Gores purchased the team. We have lost a number one draft pick and two young stud players in Knight and Middleton. Remember way back when Middleton got his chance to play with Detroit. Most of us noticed his defensive ability due to his great quickness and size. Now he is putting it all together for the Bucks. Knight and Middleton were given away. That was a stupid knee jerk dumb ass decision that no other GM in NBA history would have made to secure the rights of Brandon Jennings. Which player would you prefer to have right now Pope or Middleton? I would take Middleton. Stan Van Gundy has had a very stressful season trying to make something our of Dumars junk. But somehow I believe Stan will put together a good team in a short time. And it should start with some luck in the draft. To help with the luck, we need to lose as many games as possible.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty DX: Agree with your conclusion, but not your reasoning...

Post  Oracle Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:33 pm

deusXango wrote:A lot of the too many games we've lost should've been won by us; I've been watching games and have had my finger on the fans pulse all along.

Josh Smith is gone, but before he left, Brandon Jennings was stinking to high heaven and a lot of fans wanted him gone also; from the time Josh left and Jennings unfortunate injury, the team played the best basketball it had in years....that was a small damn sample by any stretch of the imagination....13 games in one and a half years!!! Some are down on Jackson for being a part of the same type loses Jennings was responsible for without taking into account the major differences between the two.

Drummond is a Max Dunker, so what?! I clearly remember Jason Maxiell keeping him off the floor, under the tutelage of Lil' Larry, with the occasional "Thunder Dunk." Let's get real, we're down on this kid because he's not "Big" Ben Wallace, defensively, and nothing more, totally forgetting the age difference of the two when they came to Detroit, and that the only elite class mentor Drummond's had was Rasheed (who was mysteriously and unceremoniously dismissed after one year), but Wallace had Charles Oakley, one of the fiercest competitors the game has saw....before and during college, and into the pros! I'm not saying that at 21 Drummond will develop into Wallace (their games are totally different), but I am saying he will develop and get a hell of a lot better by the time he reaches Wallace's and Laimbeer's age of maturity with the Pistons. - First, Maxiell was twice, maybe 3 times the player Drummond was! Maxiell had a midrange jumper and could defend big men better than Drummond does today!

BTW, the Max Dunker thing is NOT the complaint, it's the fact that he was that on day one, and that's all he is 3 years later is the problem! He's a hard worker, so hopefully things get better, but if you're looking for evidence of progress, I guess you can find comfort in the numbers getting better, but they hide the fact that he's just getting more opportunities to be what he was.

Back to Jackson; we were losing with Augustin! DJ had some outstanding games, but this years Pistons are different from last years Bulls, so the idea of winning in the short term with Augustin escapes me....we were losing with a class backup PG forced into the breach and now we're losing with a PG, who will in all likelihood, be our future starter for years to come. Look at the mess surrounding Jackson, coming in; the "smoke and mirrors" stats put up by Monroe (all while getting his ass kicked...remember Kelly Tripucka?), the lack of an aggressive, slashing SF, and a couple of non-shooting SG's. What's been the benches contributions since he's been here? There's holes to be plugged and youth to grow up together, and I'm hopeful (there's that word again) SVG has a steady hand capable of seeing that through. - Again, you need to get the full context to get things, and that's why the facts are escaping you.

All of the issues you cite are the same ones Jennings & Augustin had, so what's the point of stating them as reasons Jackson has problems? So you're telling me that Augustin, scoring 20+ points per game, having the ability to take and make the 3, gives us no advantage in scoring and floor spacing? And you can't see how having that increases our chances of winning?

That swagger and flair Jennings displayed was more "look at me, I'm the man" than it was about team leadership, and that's what I see Jackson trying to establish. Look at the "swagger and flair" PG's and then tell me how many have won championships, then look at the confident leaders and you'll get my point. I loved watching Iverson play (King of the "Look at Me, I'm the Man" game) and players like D-Will, and Chris Paul are some helluva competitors, but there's more swagger and flair than leadership...Chauncey did mentor Paul on the value of leadership, but there's been so much sh!t going on with him and that organization, it may be too late in the day for him to earn a 'ship. - I guess you can revise the facts to suit your current needs, but please don't confuse that with the truth. Say anything you want, but Jennings WON, and won big time! You say he showed no leadership from the comfort of your chair, but out there on the court, the players said something TOTALLY different... Jennings WAS the leader and the spark, and the proof is staring you in the face, but you don't want to see it!

My outrage over what I've been reading from site-to-site about our core of Drummond, KCP, Jackson, Dinwiddie has my back up, so don't take my rant personal Oracle, because it's not. We've just got so far to go and so little to work with, and once you mix in the unrealistic, sweaty palmed, hope of the playoffs, too many fans forget these aren't truly seasoned pros representing the "D," but a collection of snot-nosed kids and non-descript journeymen trying to find their way. We've had an incompetent president, running the show for longer than he should, an insane coaching turnover, and a roster imbalance that's caused the first whiff of stability to panic, once he realized the full extent of the muck & mire he had to clean up. - I totally agree with you here. The problem is that there are two things in operation. What you see now, and the complaints are valid, and what we expect to happen in the future. I'm all for pointing out the problems, but what these fans and talking heads are saying is to get rid of guys because they can't see the future. Hell KCP was a rookie last year, WTF are these people talking about?

Monroe is not as hard to replace as some think (if Singler was a mainstay at SF because of his smarts, then Kaminsky, for instance, can step in as our stretch 4 and exceed what the Moose has meant to our efforts to win, not just play at the game) and a veteran PF is not necessary either....the key is smarts and the ability to step outside and hit the shot; fancy footwork in the post (when he can hold onto the damn ball) is over rated, especially when the make believe PF doesn't average at least 25+ points a night! It's not about what he brings to the game, but what he takes away from it, and right now he's taking Drummond away from it. We've replaced a ghost playing SF with a couple of corpses; that needs addressing badly! It would be a beautiful thing if a S & T could net us a mid to late first round pick, along with our lottery; if we can draft a couple of legit forwards, we're on our way, but we're lacking at both forward spots and no one wants to acknowledge that! - Be careful of that argument, it easily applies to everyone on the team, and it's not really the point! We will likely need to replace Monroe, but for very practical reasons. Monroe is also a young player on the verge of being a veteran since he's effectively off of his rookie contract. He's going to get better, but it's not likely that it will be here!

So I agree with your conclusions, I know Jennings was better at using the resources of this team and making others better, and that Augustin would have given us a better chance to win in the short term, but that doesn't mean that I'm down on Jackson in the long term!

It's just unfortunate that we're not living in the future, so I'm commenting on some of what I see in the present!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Something damn sure is wrong!

Post  deusXango Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:47 am

Oracle wrote:Houston should have been beaten!

NOP should have been beaten, hell Boston went in there and whipped their asses!

This coming up just short crap was the old Josh Smith era, with Jennings, we didn't settle for coming close, we won!

Like I said, Drummond is a MAX Dunker and nothing else unless we have a guard like Jennings to bring out his best.

I like a lot of things about Jackson, but IMO, we had a better chance to win with Augustin in the short term, mostly because he knew the system and the players so well!

Man, I long for the pure excitement of the games when Jennings was leading them! That swagger and flair is all but gone!
A lot of the too many games we've lost should've been won by us; I've been watching games and have had my finger on the fans pulse all along.

Josh Smith is gone, but before he left, Brandon Jennings was stinking to high heaven and a lot of fans wanted him gone also; from the time Josh left and Jennings unfortunate injury, the team played the best basketball it had in years....that was a small damn sample by any stretch of the imagination....13 games in one and a half years!!! Some are down on Jackson for being a part of the same type loses Jennings was responsible for without taking into account the major differences between the two.

Drummond is a Max Dunker, so what?! I clearly remember Jason Maxiell keeping him off the floor, under the tutelage of Lil' Larry, with the occasional "Thunder Dunk." Let's get real, we're down on this kid because he's not "Big" Ben Wallace, defensively, and nothing more, totally forgetting the age difference of the two when they came to Detroit, and that the only elite class mentor Drummond's had was Rasheed (who was mysteriously and unceremoniously dismissed after one year), but Wallace had Charles Oakley, one of the fiercest competitors the game has saw....before and during college, and into the pros! I'm not saying that at 21 Drummond will develop into Wallace (their games are totally different), but I am saying he will develop and get a hell of a lot better by the time he reaches Wallace's and Laimbeer's age of maturity with the Pistons.

Back to Jackson; we were losing with Augustin! DJ had some outstanding games, but this years Pistons are different from last years Bulls, so the idea of winning in the short term with Augustin escapes me....we were losing with a class backup PG forced into the breach and now we're losing with a PG, who will in all likelihood, be our future starter for years to come. Look at the mess surrounding Jackson, coming in; the "smoke and mirrors" stats put up by Monroe (all while getting his ass kicked...remember Kelly Tripucka?), the lack of an aggressive, slashing SF, and a couple of non-shooting SG's. What's been the benches contributions since he's been here? There's holes to be plugged and youth to grow up together, and I'm hopeful (there's that word again) SVG has a steady hand capable of seeing that through.

That swagger and flair Jennings displayed was more "look at me, I'm the man" than it was about team leadership, and that's what I see Jackson trying to establish. Look at the "swagger and flair" PG's and then tell me how many have won championships, then look at the confident leaders and you'll get my point. I loved watching Iverson play (King of the "Look at Me, I'm the Man" game) and players like D-Will, and Chris Paul are some helluva competitors, but there's more swagger and flair than leadership...Chauncey did mentor Paul on the value of leadership, but there's been so much sh!t going on with him and that organization, it may be too late in the day for him to earn a 'ship.

My outrage over what I've been reading from site-to-site about our core of Drummond, KCP, Jackson, Dinwiddie has my back up, so don't take my rant personal Oracle, because it's not. We've just got so far to go and so little to work with, and once you mix in the unrealistic, sweaty palmed, hope of the playoffs, too many fans forget these aren't truly seasoned pros representing the "D," but a collection of snot-nosed kids and non-descript journeymen trying to find their way. We've had an incompetent president, running the show for longer than he should, an insane coaching turnover, and a roster imbalance that's caused the first whiff of stability to panic, once he realized the full extent of the muck & mire he had to clean up.

Monroe is not as hard to replace as some think (if Singler was a mainstay at SF because of his smarts, then Kaminsky, for instance, can step in as our stretch 4 and exceed what the Moose has meant to our efforts to win, not just play at the game) and a veteran PF is not necessary either....the key is smarts and the ability to step outside and hit the shot; fancy footwork in the post (when he can hold onto the damn ball) is over rated, especially when the make believe PF doesn't average at least 25+ points a night! It's not about what he brings to the game, but what he takes away from it, and right now he's taking Drummond away from it. We've replaced a ghost playing SF with a couple of corpses; that needs addressing badly! It would be a beautiful thing if a S & T could net us a mid to late first round pick, along with our lottery; if we can draft a couple of legit forwards, we're on our way, but we're lacking at both forward spots and no one wants to acknowledge that!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Jackson vs Jennings

Post  merc Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:32 am

Might as well deal with the elephant here... let's start off with the fact that Jennings has had a long stretch with the core guys already... and please don't forget how bad he was as a defender last year (the added strength has helped him fight thru picks).
Both guys are near F.A.s so they are motivated to impress the scouts and more likely to dominate the ball.
On the surface BJ has been a better fit but I think long term SVG will influence Jackson to be a complete PG with a much higher upside as a defender and finisher... the million dollar question is can he improve his range so the bigs can work with room inside.
Then there's the achilles injury... the last thing a quick PG needs... this could effect his market value in a year... I would be comfortable with this 3 guard rotation... if the price is right there's plenty of minutes for all 3 guards.
My gut says that Jennings winds up with the Lakers.
Looking forward to many years of Jackson to Dre Dunkenstein Cool
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:55 am

Oracle wrote:Houston should have been beaten!

This coming up just short crap was the old Josh Smith era, with Jennings, we didn't settle for coming close, we won!

Like I said, Drummond is a MAX Dunker and nothing else unless we have a guard like Jennings to bring out his best.

I like a lot of things about Jackson, but IMO, we had a better chance to win with Augustin in the short term, mostly because he knew the system and the players so well!

Man, I long for the pure excitement of the games when Jennings was leading them! That swagger and flair is all but gone!

Oracle Drummond should have stayed home. He would have looked good in a Washington Generals uniform last night. Did he break up with his girl friend? Did you try to read the expressions on his face? Something was wrong mentally. He wasn't in the game and should have been on the bench for the entire game.

Pope has not played well on offense or defense for the past 5 road games. The Houston announcers even got wind of that fact. He played horrible defense on Harden but to have a starting shooting guard play that badly over the past 5 road games on offense makes it impossible for his team to win.

Detroit's most outstanding players in that game were Monroe and Prince. Both played extremely hard. If Prince is the player who stands out, our Pistons are in trouble. As Stan Van Gundy tries to get a handle on exactly what he has relating to every day reliable NBA players, how does he do that based on the inconsistency of these players. It only takes one or two players slacking off to ruin the team chemistry or the rhythm of a team. This team played like they were in a pick up game with nobody able to play defense or make outside shots. One thing I don't know is if some of our players have the flu. If they are out of sorts because of an illness, then everything I have said is out the window. But what are the odds that so many Piston players would be sick at the same time? I will say it again. This Piston team was a creation of Joe Dumars. He decided to put all the marbles on the theory that he could build a team around the twin towers, Monroe and Drummond. He didn't care if none of the players were known to be average or above defenders. Oracle you are correct. Houston didn't play well at all last night. But almost any team could have beaten our players and certainly any NBA team would have kicked our Pistons ass completely. We are seeing up and down play by our young guys and when they are down, it is mostly effort. Pope is shooting low percentage shots and is not adjusting to a poor shooting streak by playing harder on defense while working harder on offense without the ball to get a shot closer to the basket. But Drummond was horrible and played like a sissy all night long. Is he really our franchise player. You are right Oracle. Drummond is only interested and capable of dunking the basketball. He is for sure not interested in becoming a average or above average defender. He didn't give enough effort to get to the free throw line to miss his foul shots. Drummond is not a rookie. He should be in much better physical condition and should be playing a lot smarter than he did last night. Stan Van Gundy needs to re evaluate everything about his players. Who can he trust? I sure don't have a clue.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Forget about the Playoffs. IT'S not going to happen this season but next season...look OUT!!

Post  Phil-Good Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:35 am

No playoffs this season. But it was fun getting close. But this summer should be fun. I suggest we Piston fans keep the expectations down for next season because they will be High as the sky.. But i do feel comfortable saying playoffs at the 7th or 8th seed next season.

Let's pray to the basketball Gods for A top 3 pick Piston fans!!! clap clap
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Somethings wrong!

Post  Oracle Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:51 pm

Houston should have been beaten!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Andre Drummond's effort with 6 minutes to go in the first half was a bad as any Piston big man in history

Post  cool breeze Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:35 pm

Complete lack of effort by our alleged franchise player made it tough for his teammates. Drummond appeared to be somewhat of a coward when of all people, Beverly drove into the lane. Drummond got out of the way. Poor guy it looked like he was afraid of getting hurt. What is happening with this man? He wasn't moving his feet at all. I am not watching this game live shut it down after watching this young man play like he has just consumed a fifth of Jack Daniels. Oh well perhaps Andre has the flu. If so he should have stayed in the locker room. Fans that have ridiculed Greg Monroe should take another look at the weak effort our so called franchise player is giving in this game. Maybe the coaching staff can light a fire under his ass at halftime. Has Drummond hit the wall? Has Pope hit the wall? Maybe I am way off and both are dealing with an illness or injury.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Harrison Ford Crash

Post  Oracle Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:06 pm

Photos of the Harrison Ford crash have finally emerged... hope the Wookie survived!

FORUM - Page 20 B_YTnWKVEAAiWdc
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty College big man who is off the radar in this coming draft who will shine in the NBA someday

Post  cool breeze Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:02 am

After attending the U of Arizona-California game last night my buddy and I agreed that Stanley Johnson is the 6th best player on that team. Yet Stan will most likely be a top 5 pick in this coming draft. On the other hand, the most likely candidate for PAC12 player of the year will be point guard, TJ McConnell. TJ is a pass first point guard who plays excellent defense. He is always the smartest player on the court and it just could be that the PAC12 might get it right and reward this player to top award because he is the most important player on the best team in the conference. Where have the John Stockton's gone in the NBA. We have street ballers in high demand and real point guards are not wanted. But the fact is good players at the 4 other positions, want a point guard like TJ McConnell. I told my friend that most likely McConnell will never play in the NBA. Yet perhaps a guy like Steve Kerr will value a player like DJ. To me it is not exciting to watch a player like Brandon Jennings in his early years, just pushing the pace and jacking up shots while the other players run the court like fools knowing they are not going to get any better with that type of point guard. How many times did we watch Singler only touch the basketball two times in one entire half of a game? Or at times, Pope only touched the basketball two or three times in a half. How much fun is that for the team or the fans? Something has to change in the NBA game dominated by high scoring point guards. This is not real basketball. It is more like show business to appeal to people who like to attend games for the glamor not the game.

This leads me to make a prediction that this year the real steals of the draft might come in the 2nd round or players who are not even drafted. Most of you have never heard of Kalib Tarczewski. He plays center for Arizona. This guy is 7 foot tall and built so well that he has only 4 percent body fat. he is a workout freak and can run the court fast, has all the fundamentals down that our two starting big men are still learning about, has a nice mid range jump shot and is constantly working to get better. His problem is the fact that he plays in the PAC12 which is a conference where officials call fouls on big men if they get within one foot of the guy they are supposed to guard. Tarczewski has had to adjust his game to fit the politically correct conference brain trust. But if Tarczewski gets his chance to play in the NBA people will notice. He will be the first big man down the court to set up and push players like Greg Monroe off the low block. He will make the correct defensive rotations on the pick and roll plays and he won't miss easy shots around the basket. Once he is allowed to bang in the paint, Tarczewski, his superior conditioning will pay huge dividends for his team. I said the same thing about another PAC12 player that had little attention for most of his last season playing in college. That guy was Nickola Vucevic. Nickola did all the things Tarczewski did relating to an incredible work ethic and conditioning routine. Now he plays for Orlando and has a scoring average of 19.7 points a game and a rebounding average of 11.2. But those stats don't really show his value. Nickola is an extremely smart player who plays tough defense and makes the right decisions on the court in crunch time. I would love to see a guy like Vucevic play for our Pistons. We need smarter big men who are highly conditioned athletes that never take plays off. Meanwhile, it does not seem likely that Tarczewski will be on many NBA team's wish list. After watching some of the lazy ass play on defense by our two starting big men, he would be a breath of fresh air for the Palace.

Some posters are talking about Tolliver as being the answer for the Pistons going forward. Are you kidding me? Tolliver is not big enough to defend most power forwards. He has only one strength and that is his 3 point shot. Tolliver is a great guy to bring off the bench but most NBA teams would have him for lunch if he became a starter. Monroe is slow but he is getting better in every area this season playing with a coach like Stan Van Gundy. Greg is in high demand for good reason. We should sign him and see what happens next season. If he is no better than he is still a great trade piece. But who knows what is going to happen with Greg Monroe and his agent. Stan Van Gundy will make the correct call once his has all the information.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:22 am

merc wrote:Sheed had all of the skills that A. Davis does... minus the mental capacity and dedication to seriously apply the effort.... How many ships would that have led to?

Accurate observation Merc. And I am sure that Davis wouldn't have gone on a rant with the refs in the deciding moments and left his guy on defense all alone allowing him to knock in a 3 ball. There is no way our Pistons should have lost that game. One of many mind farts we all observed when Sheed played for the Pistons. He could have been a great one but his mind got in the way.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:25 am

Sheed had all of the skills that A. Davis does... minus the mental capacity and dedication to seriously apply the effort.... How many ships would that have led to?
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Bow down to Mr Davis. Best big man I have seen since Hakeem Olajuwon

Post  deusXango Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:16 pm

lemonpen wrote:I bet an expanded crew was required for cleanup duty.  There were moose pieces scattered all about the arena.

Note to GM's agent:  Scratch the Pelicans off of your wish list.   Ain't no friggin way they are interested in your client after witnessing the uber-ass-kicking leveled on him last night.  That was one for the ages.

Moose was soooooo athletically overwhelmed he finished out the game in panic.  Can you split blocked shots on the stat sheet?  Friggin Moose was as responsible for AD's final 3 blocks as was AD.  I've never seen a guy at this level repeatedly shoot the ball into the defenders outstretched hands as if they were the backboard.  I mean his hands were sitting out in space just waiting for the ball to arrive.  There had to be four hands on the ball the last time.

2nd note to GM's agent:  Moose would be the Pelicans b/u C.  Nope he couldn't crack the starting lineup.  

Where did his IQ go.  How the beep do you repeatedly walk away from the guy that is killing your team.

I'm done.  Just done with him.  Damn Man !!!!!!!!

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm with you Lemon, 100%! Why fans are so determined to send Moose to the ideal situation (and pay him top dollar) I don't know, but I do know this, Davis is the lone max player in New Orleans and the Moose can't hold a candle to Asik, not for the money he's asking and how Asik compliments Davis's game. Why would any GM pay Monroe a max contract and then turn around and try to find a player to compensate for his many basketball deficiencies....we are talking about a center, masquerading as a PF, who averages 15/10, shooting less than 50% from the field; max money?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty A poster from nba.com

Post  Oracle Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:15 pm

Rob Johnson on Jackson Trade wrote:The trade was right. Its the new lineup that now needs adjusting to fit the new PG.

Monroe does not fit anymore with that lineup and needs to come off the bench. Do that and I think they can be successful in the short term and long term. Continue to stay as is and pretend there isn't an issue there with 2 non shooting bigs and a non shooting PG, and it will likely be a trade that results in only long term success. As in, when they get a stretch 4 in there this summer, then next year they can start winning again. No need to wait til the summer though when you got a Tolliver on the roster already. Make the switch Stan. Who cares about Monroe.

I think he's on to something!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next