Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
deusXango
Sebastian
WTF
Oracle
Sparma
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
cool breeze
12 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Question for the forum: How long will it take before we see two strong leaders take the floor for Detroit?

Post  cool breeze Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:46 pm

That image just doesn't leave my mind after all this time. Remember when Laimbeer would assemble the players calling for Zeke to follow him out to the floor before every home and away game? That was so cool with both Zeke and Bad Boy Bill showing that stone face determination to the crowd. They loved the drama. Even if one had the flue or a painful injury, nobody would ever know it. That team should have won 4 straight championships. One poor inbound pass and one horrible call but they were that good Piston fans. It could have been 4 in a row but at least they brought respect for the Detroit Pistons. 

Right now we have no leaders and no stars who have shown real love relating to playing for the Pistons. It seems to me that we have a big group of businessmen who are capable of switching loyalty whenever things get tough. Who cares what Greg Monroe might do? The agents control the NBA. The last player I cared about was Brandon Knight and before that it was Affalo. I do pull for Singler, Jerebco and Siva. Right now we are reading a lot about Greg Monroe's free agency plans. This guy has never looked like he really cared about playing basketball the right way. He has no toughness. He doesn't hate losing or at least he doesn't show it externally. And what about Drummond? He is a player fans can love and pull for? Is Drummond a loyal player? I haven't heard anything in the press about his feelings about the Pistons. Is Drummond buying into the stuff that the NBA is just a business and no player should ever have any loyalty to a team? If Drummond does become a consistent player, will he be gone at the end of his current contract too? My bet is that Singler will have a better season coming up than Drummond? Will Singler want out as well? I am just not feeling good about this team that Joe built. That is why we need to take the team down and build it up again no matter how long that might take. We need to get some high draft picks next season or some trade now before the draft. Otherwise it will be more of the same with Jennings leading the team in a Hip Hop dance and then smiling after his teammates get their asses kicked again and again. Who will lead the team to the floor this season? Will it be Will Bynum or Brandon Jennings?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:02 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:Well for me it depends on just what Josh's temperature is!

We don't know, but we sense that Moose wants to play elsewhere! It's not a disrespect thing, he just doesn't fit here like he used to, and I can respect him wanting to do the best for his career, he's been a good citizen here!

Josh on the other hand came here through Dumars, and now that relationship is no longer the same. So how does Josh feel about being here and the SVG era taking shape?

Is Josh as gung ho for being a Piston as he was under the generous belly of Joe Dumars, or has the shine on the glazed donut faded with the passing of Joe's filling(ok, that sounds disgusting  lol )?

In short, is it time for a slightly bigger than mini rebuild, obviously focused around Drummond, and I never thought I would say this, but is that wise?

Of course this is only my opinion but I think Josh would enjoy playing for SVG and I'm solely basing this on things SVG has said and indicated concerning Josh to date.  I honestly think Josh came here under the illusions of things being a lot better and was intrigue initially on the thought of teaming with Moose and Andre but there always seem to be some battle with him and Moose some underlined dislike.  It kind of show itself with Moose's comments at the end of the season but it started early at the beginning of season when Josh said the team played soft and Moose took issue with it, this was also the same time Cheeks flipped Josh.

Josh then took another shot at Moose in saying he consider himself just a basket player, that he just play basketball, and hard all the time. That he's not counting his stats, monitoring his shot selection.  That comment came after the stretch of games Moose pouted when Cheeks started running post plays for Josh.  

If SVG decided to move both of them I hope get the best value for them.  SVG might think that Harrellson could work better than Josh at PF.  There were times last season I thought Harrellson should have started in place of Moose.  Maybe Harrellson and Anderson could work better next to Andre

I just hope that if Josh is traded he ends up with a contender
I really don't care where Josh goes if he is traded. Based on his effort last season, I have no real bond with him as a fan. That was some interesting information relating to Josh's comments relating to stats and Monroe's attitude when plays were run for Josh. For sure Smith thought he would be playing with better players then he ended up with last season. Maybe he just knew there was no chance of success based on the overall talent on the team. Monroe is highly overrated. I had the same feeling as Wisefan relating to Harrellison being a more complete and smarter player than Monroe. In fact I thought Harrellison was by far the better defender over both Monroe and Drummond. Smith in my opinion was the best big man defender. It didn't take much to be better on defense than Monroe and Drummond. Other teams have to be weighing Monroe's slow feet and defensive issues. He should not get a max contract but the NBA is a crazy place. 

We have a real sick team right now. The best thing that could happen would be to trade both Monroe and Smith and make sure Detroit gets two first round picks in next year's draft. Next season will also have some really good talent. Detroit needs to do whatever is necessary to land a a top flight young point guard to give fans hope for the future. But right now I have no suggestions. No top flight point guard would want to play for the Pistons right now. SVG needs to bring in my hook or crook team orientated smart players so the top talent will want to play for the Pistons. 

Cleveland is building up some great young talent on their team. Will Labron move back to his home state to get more attention now that his Heat team got their asses kicked?? Again, great job Spurs!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Is it best to get rid of both Moose & Josh?

Post  WTF Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:58 pm

Oracle wrote:Well for me it depends on just what Josh's temperature is!

We don't know, but we sense that Moose wants to play elsewhere! It's not a disrespect thing, he just doesn't fit here like he used to, and I can respect him wanting to do the best for his career, he's been a good citizen here!

Josh on the other hand came here through Dumars, and now that relationship is no longer the same. So how does Josh feel about being here and the SVG era taking shape?

Is Josh as gung ho for being a Piston as he was under the generous belly of Joe Dumars, or has the shine on the glazed donut faded with the passing of Joe's filling(ok, that sounds disgusting  lol )?

In short, is it time for a slightly bigger than mini rebuild, obviously focused around Drummond, and I never thought I would say this, but is that wise?

Of course this is only my opinion but I think Josh would enjoy playing for SVG and I'm solely basing this on things SVG has said and indicated concerning Josh to date.  I honestly think Josh came here under the illusions of things being a lot better and was intrigue initially on the thought of teaming with Moose and Andre but there always seem to be some battle with him and Moose some underlined dislike.  It kind of show itself with Moose's comments at the end of the season but it started early at the beginning of season when Josh said the team played soft and Moose took issue with it, this was also the same time Cheeks flipped Josh.

Josh then took another shot at Moose in saying he consider himself just a basket player, that he just play basketball, and hard all the time. That he's not counting his stats, monitoring his shot selection.  That comment came after the stretch of games Moose pouted when Cheeks started running post plays for Josh.  

If SVG decided to move both of them I hope get the best value for them.  SVG might think that Harrellson could work better than Josh at PF.  There were times last season I thought Harrellson should have started in place of Moose.  Maybe Harrellson and Anderson could work better next to Andre

I just hope that if Josh is traded he ends up with a contender
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty @lemonpen

Post  WTF Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:37 pm

[quote="lemonpen"]
WISEFAN wrote:Is the constant chattering of SVG said this and SVG said that  tb 

If nothing else we all have to be please that SVG is so willing to be open to the media and discuss things and I think he's been open and honest in his assessment of the roster as a whole and individual players.   We would never have gotten this level of conversation and feedback from Mr. Dumars at this point of the offseason.  Straight and direct answers have been a big plus over years past.

I think the only issue I have thus far with SVG is his hesitancies to speak on what his expectation are for the team next season even though its reasonable to say they'll be better than a 29 win team.  It could be best he say's nothing until the end of training camp and preseason when he has a complete picture of what the tam will look like.  

Was too thinking how refreshing it is to hear from him.  But, I was a little disappointed to see him quoted as calling this a REBUILD around Drummond.[/quote]

lemonpen I was close to adding those exact comment as well, losing Moose seem likely and then the talk of a Josh trade sorta reeks of REBUILD and I would hope not. I'm not really buying into the Josh trade only because I think SVG would make that known if Josh was truly on the blocks but it's been all media speculation to this point.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Monroe

Post  Sparma Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:03 pm

True, true. Going that route would be radical (or "nuclear" as Oracle says). I take it that's partly why Monroe's "hoping and praying" for options this summer. He want's out though (again, with exception of a max or near-max deal). Credit to SVG -- he seems to be working very closely with the agent (David Falk?) to prevent the worst. Players do radical things sometimes, Lemonpen. I couldn't believe Scherzer (older and more vulnerable than Monroe) turned down the huge Tigers offer, but he did. Didn't it come out later he'd taken out a huge insurance policy? Monroe'd need to do something like that too. Monroe's got a big motive for being daring though if he's conviced he'll spend the rest of his career at a spot where he'll deliver sub-optimal results (and ultimately get less money?) by staying next to AD.

Part of the reason I raised the issue is to point out that Monroe has real leverage, something most discussions of his future ignore. I'm sure he'd prefer to use that leverage to get a sweet sign-and-trade deal than leaving millions on the table.

lemonpen wrote:Moose would have to think long and hard about going that route.  He has been a pretty durable guy, but an injury could significantly reduce the size of any offer in 2015.  Bird in the hand kind of thing.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Is it best to get rid of both Moose & Josh?

Post  Oracle Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:39 pm

Well for me it depends on just what Josh's temperature is!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty UFA

Post  Oracle Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:49 pm

I'm not so concerned about this case because SVG would have to really screw up to get there!

We chatter a lot about player loyalty, but that sword cuts both ways!

It's obvious that Moose requires foreign tools to fit here properly, and we need to stop fighting it and get a good S&T done for the big man!

UFA is the nuclear option, and neither party wants that one!

Having said all of that, it's still possible that we could move Josh, simply for more reliability at that position!

Could SVG be thinking that we could get by with fewer freak athletes and a few more steady players?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Qualifying Offer for UFA

Post  lemonpen Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:20 pm

Moose would have to think long and hard about going that route. He has been a pretty durable guy, but an injury could significantly reduce the size of any offer in 2015. Bird in the hand kind of thing.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Yep

Post  lemonpen Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:12 pm

Sebastian wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:
Van Gundy doesn’t think so. The new coach and president of basketball operations told me he couldn’t wait to get on the practice floor with Smith.

“He’s a talented guy,” Van Gundy said in a recent phone interview. “He can do a lot of things on the floor. He didn’t have a good year. But hopefully he will be motivated to get back to being one of the best forwards in the game.” - Fpress

Media seem to be all over the place with speculations about players, signings. trades, etc.  People do tend to see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear and they turn a story to any direction they want to spin it much in the way they do with a lot of meaningless stats.  Woa! Who would have ever thought that SVG would be excited about getting to practice with such a dumbass player like Josh Smith.

Like I've said I watched Smith from the time he enter the league and apparently so did SVG I mean how dumb can you be to earn yourself a almost 14 million a season, been to the playoffs in 7 consecutive seasons.  Every player in the NBA even the best need to be in a controlled environment to be able to flourish in the league to reach their peak as players.  I mean even Kobe, Lebron and others need that. there no doubt that Carmelo best season were under the guidance of George Karl in Denver.   SVG must obviously be mistaken based on all the Josh hating Pistons fan base to want to have anything to do with Josh.   lol 

It's likely SVG is under some false impression that he could get the same 2010 version of Josh Smith,  our perhaps became delusional from the playoff performances Josh had against his teams in the past when clearly this one season here in Detroit defines his entire career.  Damn! looks like we hired another dumbass coach and GM  facepalm 

Piston Pals: Where there is smoke, there is fire. I don't believe for one second that the Josh to the Kings trade talks are dead. I just think that there may be some alterations applied to this deal.

Would you guys who are hell bent on keeping Moose do a Josh and Jennings trade for Rudy and Ray  McCallum, Jr. trade?

You can put me down as a hell yeah! This trade scenario gets US out of both, Smith's and Jennings' contracts and may very well provide US with the PG of the future in McCallum, Jr. and puts US in a good cap situation for next season.

Also any talk of the Kings offering their #8 Pick in such a deal is ludicrous, as the Kings on have that single pick in this year's draft and WE don't need to be reminded of how they were able to acquire that pick.

Done deal for me. According to a NBA "insider" Josh and Rondo are close friends and Sactown would attempt to use the relationship to bring them together. It was mentioned that the 8th pick would help get RR not JS.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty agreed

Post  lemonpen Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:08 pm

If nothing else we all have to be please that SVG is so willing to be open to the media and discuss things and I think he's been open and honest in his assessment of the roster as a whole and individual players.   We would never have gotten this level of conversation and feedback from Mr. Dumars at this point of the offseason.  Straight and direct answers have been a big plus over years past.

I think the only issue I have thus far with SVG is his hesitancies to speak on what his expectation are for the team next season even though its reasonable to say they'll be better than a 29 win team.  It could be best he say's nothing until the end of training camp and preseason when he has a complete picture of what the tam will look like.  

Was too thinking how refreshing it is to hear from him. But, I was a little disappointed to see him quoted as calling this a REBUILD around Drummond.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Monroe

Post  Sparma Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:29 pm

Good posts, Wise and Murph.

If I'm right about Monroe intending to leave town this year or next (maybe except if he gets a killer deal here), that might shed light on other things too. Specifically, it's very unlikely that SVG is real serious about a Smith trade now if he knows there's a very good chance that Monroe's leaving this year, or even next year. So maybe the smoke being generated by the Smith trade rumors disguise the true fire, the one concerning Monroe in all likelihood heading out of town. From what I've seen, there's very little play being given (so far) to the one year 5.4 contract possibility, with Goodwill being the commendable exception. I'm guessing SVG's pretty desperate not to appear to be desperate concerning Monroe, because other teams can smell blood so easily. Not sure if he's devious enough to have false rumors leaked regarding Smith, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing to those Smith rumors at the moment. Maybe later, but I can't see Smith being traded in the near future.

If we draft a big at 38 tomorrow, that would be another clue that plans are being made for a Monroe departure, although I suspect we'll go Best Player Available.

It occurs to me that Monroe's uncharacteristic negative response concerning the lockerroom on the last day (?) of the season might have been another sign that he wanted out. I'd have thought that Van Gundy and his extremely positive take on Monroe might have made more difference to Greg's perspective on the Pistons than it evidently has.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Moose

Post  WTF Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:24 pm

If it was up me Moose would be Philly's problem right now and not ours and well be picking in Philly spot in the draft tomorrow. Should have traded his ass last summer and certain before last years trade deadline
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty The Writing On The Wall...

Post  Murph Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:18 pm

Sparma wrote:if he signs a 5.4 one year qualifying offer and becomes an unrestricted free agent next year.  I predict that's what he'll do if there's no sign-and-trade deal imminent this summer.

Monroe knows that he's better and more comfortable at C than F and he doesn't want to play out of position his whole career.  He'll just have turned 25 next summer, so will have plenty of time to make a career at his best position, likely on a roster that's a better fit for him, maybe allowing him to recoup those millions lost this year in the long run, but at least spending his career on a team with an optimal fit.

Why is he hoping and praying he'll have options this summer?  Obviously, so that he'll have options this summer, but also so that he doesn't need to make the radical move of foregoing millions.

Why is SVG on the phone with his agent every day?  Probably for lots of reasons, but in part to get a sense of what options might be available that so that his client can avoid bailing.

Of course a longterm max contract with Detroit could cover a lot of discomfort for Monroe, so ya never know.

I'm seeing a radical move by Monroe in offing.

Goodwill supplies some backing for this interpretation/ prediction at detnews: "There’s a growing sense among some Monroe could sign the one-year qualifying offer of $5.4 million, then become an unrestricted free agent next summer, which takes away all the leverage the Pistons hold."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140624/SPORTS0102/306240136#ixzz35ev9RpnW

This could get ugly.

Yes...good analysis, Sparma. It's beginning to sound as if Moose wants out of Detroit, for a variety of reason. But Sparma is probably correct, Moose can read the writing on the wall, and doesn't want to play PF in the D for his entire career, and would rather play his natural position of center elsewhere.

Under the circumstances, a sign and trade is proably in order. I'm sure SVG is exploring all options. But a good place to start would be Moose and Jennings to NO for Holiday and either Anderson or Gordon, and a draft pick.

In the meantime this probably represents a new lease on life for Josh Smith, and all the other big men on the roster (JJ, Mitchell, Harrellson, etc). If Moose is dealt for a PG and a wing player, all the big men will get many more minutes.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Exactly Why I Said Trade Him Last Summer

Post  WTF Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:02 pm

Sparma wrote:if he signs a 5.4 one year qualifying offer and becomes an unrestricted free agent next year.  I predict that's what he'll do if there's no sign-and-trade deal imminent this summer.

Monroe knows that he's better and more comfortable at C than F and he doesn't want to play out of position his whole career.  He'll just have turned 25 next summer, so will have plenty of time to make a career at his best position, likely on a roster that's a better fit for him, maybe allowing him to recoup those millions lost this year in the long run, but at least spending his career on a team with an optimal fit.

Why is he hoping and praying he'll have options this summer?  Obviously, so that he'll have options this summer, but also so that he doesn't need to make the radical move of foregoing millions.

Why is SVG on the phone with his agent every day?  Probably for lots of reasons, but in part to get a sense of what options might be available that so that his client can avoid bailing.

Of course a longterm max contract with Detroit could cover a lot of discomfort for Monroe, so ya never know.

Goodwill supplies some backing for this interpretation/ prediction at detnews: "There’s a growing sense among some Monroe could sign the one-year qualifying offer of $5.4 million, then become an unrestricted free agent next summer, which takes away all the leverage the Pistons hold."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140624/SPORTS0102/306240136#ixzz35ev9RpnW

This could get ugly.

We could have gotten value back for Moose without getting to this point IMO. The last thing SVG should want is for him to sign that offer and he shouldn't allow it happen. More blame to toss at Joe because he had a window of opportunity to do the Moose - Cousins swap a couple of season ago, he had opportunity last summer to move him. Joe made a bigger mess on his way out than we thought.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty RE: Smith to Kings talk dead?

Post  WTF Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:43 am

Sebastian wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:
Van Gundy doesn’t think so. The new coach and president of basketball operations told me he couldn’t wait to get on the practice floor with Smith.

“He’s a talented guy,” Van Gundy said in a recent phone interview. “He can do a lot of things on the floor. He didn’t have a good year. But hopefully he will be motivated to get back to being one of the best forwards in the game.” - Fpress

Media seem to be all over the place with speculations about players, signings. trades, etc.  People do tend to see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear and they turn a story to any direction they want to spin it much in the way they do with a lot of meaningless stats.  Woa! Who would have ever thought that SVG would be excited about getting to practice with such a dumbass player like Josh Smith.

Like I've said I watched Smith from the time he enter the league and apparently so did SVG I mean how dumb can you be to earn yourself a almost 14 million a season, been to the playoffs in 7 consecutive seasons.  Every player in the NBA even the best need to be in a controlled environment to be able to flourish in the league to reach their peak as players.  I mean even Kobe, Lebron and others need that. there no doubt that Carmelo best season were under the guidance of George Karl in Denver.   SVG must obviously be mistaken based on all the Josh hating Pistons fan base to want to have anything to do with Josh.   lol 

It's likely SVG is under some false impression that he could get the same 2010 version of Josh Smith,  our perhaps became delusional from the playoff performances Josh had against his teams in the past when clearly this one season here in Detroit defines his entire career.  Damn! looks like we hired another dumbass coach and GM  facepalm 

Piston Pals: Where there is smoke, there is fire. I don't believe for one second that the Josh to the Kings trade talks are dead. I just think that there may be some alterations applied to this deal.

Would you guys who are hell bent on keeping Moose do a Josh and Jennings trade for Rudy and Ray  McCallum, Jr. trade?

You can put me down as a hell yeah! This trade scenario gets US out of both, Smith's and Jennings' contracts and may very well provide US with the PG of the future in McCallum, Jr. and puts US in a good cap situation for next season.

Also any talk of the Kings offering their #8 Pick in such a deal is ludicrous, as the Kings on have that single pick in this year's draft and WE don't need to be reminded of how they were able to acquire that pick.

Seb I think short of Andre there's smoke all over the place but the King trade in it's current state sucks. I would love getting Ray Jr. because that who we should have select in the 2nd round but I don't see anything else on the King roster I would want in trade.

Also the false illusion we have about having CAP SPACE amazes me. If we were a market that could attract top free agents then having it is a beautiful thing, even if we were a team looking to make a big splash in a trade it might be viable.

If were trading Josh for pieces to make us better than please trade him but why on earth do you trade him for the flexibility of Cap Space when we likely can't take advantage of it in signing free agents. The other thing to consider in trading away Josh is that your likely going to loose Moose as well so if they do this that better make sure they're getting back the right players in both cases.

It's smoky all over the place some of it relevant a lot of it is not. And Hell No! to Rudy Gay in exchange for Josh  lol 

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Wise on SVG ...

Post  Sebastian Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:26 am

Agreed!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty What I'm Loving So Far

Post  WTF Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:23 am

Is the constant chattering of SVG said this and SVG said that  tb 

If nothing else we all have to be please that SVG is so willing to be open to the media and discuss things and I think he's been open and honest in his assessment of the roster as a whole and individual players. We would never have gotten this level of conversation and feedback from Mr. Dumars at this point of the offseason. Straight and direct answers have been a big plus over years past.

I think the only issue I have thus far with SVG is his hesitancies to speak on what his expectation are for the team next season even though its reasonable to say they'll be better than a 29 win team. It could be best he say's nothing until the end of training camp and preseason when he has a complete picture of what the tam will look like.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Smith to Kings talk dead?

Post  Sebastian Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:12 am

WISEFAN wrote:

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Monroe walks, with no return

Post  Sparma Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:09 am

if he signs a 5.4 one year qualifying offer and becomes an unrestricted free agent next year. I predict that's what he'll do if there's no sign-and-trade deal imminent this summer.

Monroe knows that he's better and more comfortable at C than F and he doesn't want to play out of position his whole career. He'll just have turned 25 next summer, so will have plenty of time to make a career at his best position, likely on a roster that's a better fit for him, maybe allowing him to recoup those millions lost this year in the long run, but at least spending his career on a team with an optimal fit.

Why is he hoping and praying he'll have options this summer? Obviously, so that he'll have options this summer, but also so that he doesn't need to make the radical move of foregoing millions.

Why is SVG on the phone with his agent every day? Probably for lots of reasons, but in part to get a sense of what options might be available that so that his client can avoid bailing.

This could get ugly.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Damn Coach/GM Must Be Dumb Too!

Post  WTF Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:42 am

Media seem to be all over the place with speculations about players, signings. trades, etc. People do tend to see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear and they turn a story to any direction they want to spin it much in the way they do with a lot of meaningless stats. Woa! Who would have ever thought that SVG would be excited about getting to practice with such a dumbass player like Josh Smith.

Like I've said I watched Smith from the time he enter the league and apparently so did SVG I mean how dumb can you be to earn yourself a almost 14 million a season, been to the playoffs in 7 consecutive seasons. Every player in the NBA even the best need to be in a controlled environment to be able to flourish in the league to reach their peak as players. I mean even Kobe, Lebron and others need that. there no doubt that Carmelo best season were under the guidance of George Karl in Denver. SVG must obviously be mistaken based on all the Josh hating Pistons fan base to want to have anything to do with Josh.  lol 

It's likely SVG is under some false impression that he could get the same 2010 version of Josh Smith, our perhaps became delusional from the playoff performances Josh had against his teams in the past when clearly this one season here in Detroit defines his entire career. Damn! looks like we hired another dumbass coach and GM  facepalm 
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Whoa Fennis, you almost got sued!!!

Post  Oracle Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:10 am

Jason Collins's new book,

Things I learned watching a world of athletic cups, is due in book stores this fall from a man who knows about athletic cup watching... and likely sniffing!

I also heard he took exception to your comment,

"There are no cheerleader's in soccer. So you have to make up your own cheers.  "I'm gay.  You're gay.  We all cheer for Uruguay."  That could use a bit of work." - Fennis

Evidently he tried that in the NBA, but when it didn't rhyme, he took an ass whooping... literally, in the showers from a group of disgruntled ball boys(sorry, no film on this one)!

But it's very clear!

It's not everyone that can write a book on fine art! To talk about fine wines, you really need to have tasted the finest wines the world has to offer!

In the interest of keeping this board clean, I won't tell you what you have to do to write a book on athletic cups!

As they say, we leave that as a mental exercise for the reader!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Things I Learned Watching the World Cup

Post  Fennis Dembo Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:56 am

While watching the World Cup Soccer match between Uruguay and Italy, I observed a valuable coaching motivational tool that SVG could use. Whenever Smith and Jennings take a lousy shot, SVG should call a time-out and bite them on their shoulder. Not only would this get their immediate attention it would serve as a painful reminder and serve as a strong aversion to their stupid shot selection.  Of course the entire team would need Tetanus shots but that's a small price to pay for our favorite team to play winning basketball.

Watching these soccer matches makes me miss the NBA already and the season has only been over for ten days.  If Mason, George Blaha, and Mark Champion yelled, "Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal" after every field goal they would be killed by an angry flash mob.

Nobody  from Eastern Europe has less than five syllables in their last name except for Darko Milicic with three.  I had a nightmare last night. "With the 38th pick in the NBA draft the Detroit Pistons choose Vujovic  Gorenstadterczyk from Bosnia and Herzegovina Tech."

You have to love soccer for the excitement of minimal contact and the thrill of low scoring. If you like watching NASCAR in reverse slow motion this sport is for you.

To say soccer is less exciting than basketball is really selling it short. It is also less exciting than Backgammon, Miniature Golf, Croquet, and Yahtzee.

There are no cheerleader's in soccer. So you have to make up your own cheers.  "I'm gay.  You're gay.  We all cheer for Uruguay."  That could use a bit of work.

LeBron and Carmelo becoming free agents seems a lot more exciting.  There's nothing free about those free agents. I think that is referred to as an oxymoron.

Only about three months till training camp opens.  dance

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty thats right stan

Post  Phil-Good Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:01 pm

That's right Stan. Work them Phones  clap clap 

First things first. Dumb Josh Smith and B.Jennings. thumbs down thumbs down 

Next Get your high IQ, smart, double double machine back here for the next 4 years. Kick his azz and demand that be get better and become the NBA All Star player he should already be.

Good Job so far sir!!  clap clap clap
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:57 pm

Oracle wrote:

What did they say cracker?... that's it, I'm gettin' the AWOCA (all white only community affairs) after you... there will be a pitty party in the streets... nobody says the C word!... so sensitive  lol 

merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:33 pm

Oracle wrote:The Cavs have interest in the Magic’s proposal of www.hoopsrumors.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Arron Afflalo, and the Nos. 4 and 12 picks in exchange for the No. 1 overall pick in Thursday’s draft, as Jeff Goodman and Chad Ford of ESPN.com report. The Magic have offered the same package to the Bucks with no success, as Ford wrote Monday.

Afflalo has drawn plenty of mention in rumors of late, as he’s reportedly a target of the Bulls and Hornets. The Magic are apparently seeking either the first or second pick and seem aggressive in their attempts to move up.
That's a hellova good deal for the Cavs... they get a sure vet that helps them immediately... Afflalo alone takes them out of rookie hell... they would be wise to flip the other two picks for another solid vet... playoff bound in one summer.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next