Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
deusXango
Sebastian
Go Stones!
Murph
Oracle
Phil-Good
merc
PistonPete
lemonpen
cool breeze
Fennis Dembo
Sissy1946
16 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty More like...

Post  Oracle Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:38 pm

Sparma wrote:There's a trade rumor that Charlotte's trying to trade with the Magic for Aaron Afflalo with the 1st rounder Charlotte picked up from Detroit as an important part of the offer.

"However, many basketball analysts predicted the Magic will eventually trade Afflalo in exchange for more assets such as draft picks in next year's loaded draft. Apparently, the Bobcats have first-round picks from the Portland Trail Blazers and Detroit Pistons in that draft. One intriguing trade proposal is the Bobcats sending 22-year old center Bismack Biyombo and two first-round picks to Orlando in exchange for Afflalo." (Latinopost)

Joe thought he was throwing out the trash, but oops...

There was a freaking diamond in that trash, and now somebody else is cashing in!

Bottom Line: We could have used Afflalo's play and that draft pick(and I'm one of the clowns that thought the Gordon trade was a good one Sad )
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty What comes around, goes around

Post  Sparma Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:27 pm

There's a trade rumor that Charlotte's trying to trade with the Magic for Aaron Afflalo with the 1st rounder Charlotte picked up from Detroit as an important part of the offer.

"However, many basketball analysts predicted the Magic will eventually trade Afflalo in exchange for more assets such as draft picks in next year's loaded draft. Apparently, the Bobcats have first-round picks from the Portland Trail Blazers and Detroit Pistons in that draft. One intriguing trade proposal is the Bobcats sending 22-year old center Bismack Biyombo and two first-round picks to Orlando in exchange for Afflalo." (Latinopost)
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Mayo giving up good Q/A

Post  Oracle Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:10 pm

Q: David, love your work.  My question is about the emergence of Brandon Jennings, as leading scorer, leading playmaker, and teacher's pet. I like that Cheeks is giving Jennings daily tutorials with the hope of turning him into an elite point guard. I also like Jennings' willingness to learn and improve. My fear is that Cheeks has acquiesced to Jennings tendency to play hero ball. To me, hero ball comes in two forms, one obvious, the other less so. There is a scoring version of hero ball, where a player takes it upon himself to score for the team on every possession, regardless of whether he's open or triple-teamed. The second version of hero ball happens when a player, typically a point guard, pounds the ball for half of the possession, probing the defense until he finally makes a play for a teammate. (I get the sense that Cheeks performed this role with his Sixers teams with much success.)  This second version is not immediately recognized as a hero ball, yet it is. Though it may lead to a scoring chance for a teammate, it prevents other teammates from "playmaking." Sometimes it feels as though Jennings and Cheeks believe Jennings to be the only true playmaker on the team, perhaps with the exception of Stuckey. I find this bothersome because the Pistons have the luxury of two excellent post passers in Monroe and Smith. Jennings' ball dominance prevents the Pistons from utilizing the playmaking skills of their bigs, particularly in crunch time. Moreover, single playmaker teams get pulverized in the playoffs, where good defensive teams quickly cut off the head of the snake. See Chauncey Billups and the Pistons vs. the Cleveland Cavaliers, circa 2007. Teams like Miami and San Antonio have figured this out, and on offense emphasize ball movement above all else.  Do you see anything indicating that our ball movement will improve as the season progresses? From my vantage point, as Jennings confidence rises, ball movement suffers.  Thanks for the forum. -- Trevor

A: Your points are all well-taken, Trevor.  Jennings has come a long way since the season began.  But he's not that far removed from his days in Milwaukee, when it was him, Monta Ellis, and a largely unidentifiable supporting cast.  He is still prone to slipping into self-centered tendencies.

Your second type of hero ball, as you described it, is a bigger concern.  Jennings reining in his own shot, since he's still one of the Pistons' most reliable scorers, is less of a concern than when he pat-pat-pats the ball until the shot clock is almost expired, then passes to Josh Smith beyond the 3-point line or Andre Drummond in the post for poorly conceived bailout options.  I'd rather Jennings just play your first version of hero ball.

There are residual concerns, too: Where are the cutters on this team, other than Singler?  Are offensive post players presenting good targets for entry passes?  If Jennings doesn't see teammates moving without the ball, or have viable targets for post entries, it makes his job (and any other point guard's) much more difficult.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Maybe...

Post  Oracle Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:09 am

merc wrote:According to this report... Rondo to Kings

Firstly, IMO, it's a very good trade! Rondo matched up with Cousins would be a very good thing!

Cousins is a superstar in waiting, and has potential similar to Drummond, but projects to be a massive offensive player!

However, if such a trade would indeed happen, the Kings will likely have to give up a lot of youth, and without a doubt, Isiah Thomas!

That being the case, what sense would it make for the Kings to do that trade now, with Rondo likely months away from coming back, and no guarantee that he could play out a year!

Well, the only reason I can think of is that they simply want to tank, and the best way to do that would be to deny Cousins any talent to play with.

Somehow I can't believe that they want to tank that bad, but if they do, this is a good way to do it, because it allows Rondo to come along slowly this season, preparing for next season(with a sweet pick in a deep draft).

I hope Joe finds a way to get us a pick in this deep draft!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty What makes basketball so great is the fact that there are only 5 players on the court that you care for...

Post  cool breeze Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:40 pm

It is easy to watch 5 players. They can't hide but for some reason some NBA players think they can coast through games and nobody will notice. Kent Benson came to mind when he played for Detroit. Now it is Greg Monroe. He is now the focus for many Piston fans who are tired of the same lame stuff we have seen for 3 seasons with him. His strong suit is supposed to be his passing skills. So the previous coaching staff decided to feature this in their offense. However, Greg is far from a good passer. He approaches passing much like he does in all other aspects of his game. This guy has never really gotten himself is really good basketball shape. It is his contract season but Greg came in looking tired which means he did next to nothing in the off season. He did lose some weight but the guy does not know what kind of pain you have to suffer to get the best out of yourself on the court. And maybe his cardio is just not up to the level you need to play against other NBA players who are all freaks. That may be it. It just might not be possible for Greg to play with any more energy because of his body limitations. Greg's agent must be watching. But he does know that most likely Joe Dumars won't be watching. Come on Mo Cheeks, sit Monroe when he is a slacker and bring in Harrellison.

We all know that Rodney Stuckey has been sandbagging not really playing all out until this season. But Stuckey does know that this is his contract year and he had to get in better shape both physically and mentally. Stuckey's agent must be pleased but as a fan, I do not trust Rodney based on his previous seasons. Will Joe Dumars??

Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings are playing with an edge that I like. Smith is doing a lot of stuff a leader does now. And I like it. Thank you Josh. He is concentrating on his free throw shooting more and has had better results. Good job!

Jennings is having problems with back to back games because he is really playing hard in the first game of the back to back. The coaching staff needs to figure out who they can trust so he can get more rest. His passing has greatly improved and this guy can win games by himself in crunch time with his amazing shooting ability. Now just stay in front of your assigned player on defense Brandon and you will be loved by most Piston fans.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:20 pm

MOOSEFAN wrote:I willingly admit to having no knowledge of how dedicated either guy is to working their craft.
Real life example: I'm a bowler that has averaged 200-208 on a house shot, in multiple leagues, for over a decade. My tournament avg is more like 170. I spent 4 months with pro coach to improve my tourny avg. We made some physical changes, some ball changes, and expanded my knowledge of all things beyond the foul line. From day 1 he made it clear studies have proven that a minimum of 1,500 repetitions are required to cement physical changes into the subconscious mind. 4,000 practice reps later I started the new season 30 pins lower. Funny thing happened though. After appx 1,500 competitive reps everything came together. Maybe Moose and I suck, or maybe it takes some of us more time. - lemonpen

Poor form on FT shooting, hesitation on mid-range shots, indecisive with the ball, and lack of consistency, lazy effort on defense all spells poor work ethics and fundamentals especially when you see the base talent.  I make several points here the first being that it not secret about what great NBA players over the years done each summer to improve and enhance their games we know the work they've put in to achieve greatness.  We saw it in the 80's with many of the players, it was no secret about how hard those guys went after it during the off-season.  We've seen it in Kobe and Duncan, we see it with Lebron now and some others My God we see it and hear it at every turn with Andre but we don't hear this with Monroe.  

The Eye Test tells us that nothing about Monroe's game has improved since his rookie season.  He doesn't play hard so what the probability that he's practicing hard. We see it so the only real question is the why, what wrong that he seem to be in a decline?   Eye test tells us that every pre-draft assessment have been dead on about him.   I'm not sure what it is that most fans are waiting on or waiting to see happen because it's not going to magically click with guy.  We've seen enough already to know what under-achieving looks like because we saw it with Prince and we saw it with Rasheed and Moose don't give half the effort of either player.   Do the Pistons really want to commit to 5 more years of what Moose does.

I understand having hope in a player, but I also understand what type of player you have hope in.  Moose has shown he deserve that hope because it's not a lack of talent with him it's a lack of effort.  Moose comes off as one of those rare players that you'll look up one day and he decides to walk away because he's tired of playing. He don't have the passion to be the best so why else is he playing?  

Are you talking about Brian Williams aka Bison Delle Moosefan? I agree with you with everything you have said and do believe he may be the Bison Delle type who will one day say basketball is not for him and leave his team high and dry. He would rather sail away. I got to know Williams when he played at Arizona. The guy had amazing talent but basketball was only a sideline for him. I knew somebody would get stuck with a lemon and sure enough it was Detroit. The Piston coaching staff looks like they are asleep much of the time. Of course Monroe can do that to you if you start watching him play. Will teasing and ridicule by the fans help. Maybe fans should yell Stick Man instead of Moose when he stands like a moron looking like he hasn't had a good night's sleep for several weeks. Will comments from the fans wake up the coaches who have to tolerate Monroe because of Joe Dumars. There must be a team who will bite on Monroe who might have a high draft pick or someone who can help this Piston team. Will Monroe's agent read this stuff and make Monroe take more high energy drinks during the games? Maybe hire Lance Armstrong as his personal trainer.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty The Spectre of Zeke...

Post  Oracle Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:53 pm

FORUM - Page 7 Klanglois_100_normal Keith Langlois @Keith_Langlois
Follow
Brandon Jennings 5 games for Pistons with 20-plus points, 10-plus assists. There are 228 such games in Pistons history. Isiah has 128 of 'em
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty D-League

Post  merc Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:37 pm

Siva & Mitchell have been assigned to the Mad Ants
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Rondo to be traded to Kings

Post  merc Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:33 pm

According to this report... Rondo to Kings
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Tweet Stuff

Post  Oracle Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:28 pm

Follow
Pistons have 5-2 record in Central Division games, better than Indiana (4-2), Chicago (5-4), Cleveland (2-5) and Milwaukee (2-5).
Follow
Brandon Jennings in 14 December games: 19.5 points, 8.1 assists, 39% from 3 and 3 games with 20+ points, 10+ assists.
Follow
KCP 28% from 3 in November, 36% in December. Shot selection the key. When he sets his feet and shoots in rhythm, he's a weapon.
Follow
Over last 6 games, Josh Smith averaging 23.8 pgg and shooting 49%. Only 16% of his FGAs have been from 3. In first 24, 31% of FGAs were 3s.
Follow
Probably not coincidence: Over Josh Smith's 6-game spurt, Brandon Jennings averaging 19.3 points, 10 assists, 1.8 turnovers, 39% from 3.
Follow
The Pistons have assigned Tony Mitchell and Peyton Siva to the Fort Wayne Mad Ants of the D-League
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty This is some funny Sh!t

Post  Oracle Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:52 pm

Lions playing for pride this week -- 'nothing else really matters'

That's how you know you're getting old, when it's getting hard to remember when the Lions didn't end a season saying the exact same thing!

Of course it's easier to win when you know it doesn't count!

How about playing with pride when the effing games count?

How about Schwartz calling for more practices when the QB hits the other team right in the numbers with the freaking game on the line, or when a dumbass gets a penalty that costs us momentum or the game, or when the coach makes a stupid call!

Ok, so we're too in to Stiffler to do much, but we can sure as hell drop this coach ASAP!

Sorry, while I agree that they need to play for pride, I disagree that nothing else matters! It's time to clean house!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty lemon It's Not For A Lack Of You Trying

Post  WTF Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:29 pm

I willingly admit to having no knowledge of how dedicated either guy is to working their craft.
Real life example: I'm a bowler that has averaged 200-208 on a house shot, in multiple leagues, for over a decade. My tournament avg is more like 170. I spent 4 months with pro coach to improve my tourny avg. We made some physical changes, some ball changes, and expanded my knowledge of all things beyond the foul line. From day 1 he made it clear studies have proven that a minimum of 1,500 repetitions are required to cement physical changes into the subconscious mind. 4,000 practice reps later I started the new season 30 pins lower. Funny thing happened though. After appx 1,500 competitive reps everything came together. Maybe Moose and I suck, or maybe it takes some of us more time. - lemonpen

Poor form on FT shooting, hesitation on mid-range shots, indecisive with the ball, and lack of consistency, lazy effort on defense all spells poor work ethics and fundamentals especially when you see the base talent. I make several points here the first being that it not secret about what great NBA players over the years done each summer to improve and enhance their games we know the work they've put in to achieve greatness. We saw it in the 80's with many of the players, it was no secret about how hard those guys went after it during the off-season. We've seen it in Kobe and Duncan, we see it with Lebron now and some others My God we see it and hear it at every turn with Andre but we don't hear this with Monroe.

The Eye Test tells us that nothing about Monroe's game has improved since his rookie season. He doesn't play hard so what the probability that he's practicing hard. We see it so the only real question is the why, what wrong that he seem to be in a decline? Eye test tells us that every pre-draft assessment have been dead on about him. I'm not sure what it is that most fans are waiting on or waiting to see happen because it's not going to magically click with guy. We've seen enough already to know what under-achieving looks like because we saw it with Prince and we saw it with Rasheed and Moose don't give half the effort of either player. Do the Pistons really want to commit to 5 more years of what Moose does.

I understand having hope in a player, but I also understand what type of player you have hope in. Moose has shown he deserve that hope because it's not a lack of talent with him it's a lack of effort. Moose comes off as one of those rare players that you'll look up one day and he decides to walk away because he's tired of playing. He don't have the passion to be the best so why else is he playing?

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Wise

Post  lemonpen Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:51 pm

MOOSEFAN wrote:How do you know.  These things cannot be judged by what you see on the floor / field.  Performance in competition doesn't necessarily indicate the amount of work put in. - lemonpen

Yes you can, because it is easily identifiable that  neither are taking their crafts seriously when watching Stafford mechanics or seeing Moose's lazy effort or his mid-range shot. There has been no improvement since the rookie season for both of these players because there been no improvement so it can only means either one of 2 things that they practice and put in the time and simply won't get any better or they're both the lazy content fucks I concluding them to be. In either case their asses need to be traded.

Stafford:  I question his training since being drafted.  I question the quality and quantity of training the Lion staff has made regarding more than mechanics.  Matt rarely helps the passing game with look offs, pump fakes or deft ball handling.  He displays little nifftyness in and around the pocket.  I rather believe Matt has been neglected by the organization.

Moose:  He may not have developed a J since entering the L but he has certainly developed a solid post game.  Touch, hand-eye coordination, quick muscle response, and other characteristics may prevent him from reaching your idea of the perfect Moose but none of that reflects on his work ethic.  

But lets put all of the focus on Moose, what do you know about his off-seasons? who is he working out with? why do we here about other players improving on their games and nothing about Moose. Cheeks been asking him since the start of season to work his mid game and become more effective on the wings and elbows to improve spacing has it happen.  Yes you can see these things on the court but you also can hear it and read it if you listen closely to what is being said. My question to you lemonpen is do you think Moose put in the work?  

I willingly admit to having no knowledge of how dedicated either guy is to working their craft.  
Real life example:  I'm a bowler that has averaged 200-208 on a house shot, in multiple leagues, for over a decade. My tournament avg is more like 170.  I spent 4 months with pro coach to improve my tourny avg.  We made some physical changes, some ball changes, and expanded my knowledge of all things beyond the foul line.  From day 1 he made it clear studies have proven that a minimum of 1,500 repetitions are required to cement physical changes into the subconscious mind.      4,000 practice reps later I started the new season 30 pins lower.  Funny thing happened though.  After appx 1,500 competitive reps everything came together.  Maybe Moose and I suck, or maybe it takes some of us more time.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty The Moose Question Game

Post  WTF Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:23 pm

Q1.  What can anyone say about Moose's off-season plan?

Q2.  Why is Moose still so inconsistent after 5 seasons?

Q3.  Why is Moose so fundamentally weak as a defender?

Q4.  Why is everyone else game improving and Moose's game is getting worse?

Q5.  Why did Moose opt not to sign an extension this season?

Q6.  Is Moose a Max Deal Player

Q7.  Why shouldn't Joe trade Moose?

Q8.  Is Moose a leader?

Q9.  Who the weakest link overall in the starting unit?

Q10. Who value has decline the most since the season started of our top 7 players?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty lemonpen

Post  WTF Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:09 pm

How do you know. These things cannot be judged by what you see on the floor / field. Performance in competition doesn't necessarily indicate the amount of work put in. - lemonpen

Yes you can, because it is easily identifiable that neither are taking their crafts seriously when watching Stafford mechanics or seeing Moose's lazy effort or his mid-range shot. There has been no improvement since the rookie season for both of these players because there been no improvement so it can only means either one of 2 things that they practice and put in the time and simply won't get any better or they're both the lazy content fucks I concluding them to be. In either case their asses need to be traded.

But lets put all of the focus on Moose, what do you know about his off-seasons? who is he working out with? why do we here about other players improving on their games and nothing about Moose. Cheeks been asking him since the start of season to work his mid game and become more effective on the wings and elbows to improve spacing has it happen. Yes you can see these things on the court but you also can hear it and read it if you listen closely to what is being said. My question to you lemonpen is do you think Moose put in the work?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Wise

Post  lemonpen Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:47 am

MOOSEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:Wise, the only comparison between the Lions & Pistons is that they both have the talent to compete for a championship!

The Lions have had that talent in place for a few years, but the Pistons have only acquired that level of talent this year! In addition football and basketball are such different animals! You can come straight out of college and be a superstar in the NFL on day one, and it happens all of the time, but rarely in basketball.

Don, there is hope for Monroe! IMO, the biggest thing you said in your post was that he isn't showing the will to make the changes necessary to become a good player. Notice I didn't say great, because right now, his struggle is to just become a good player that doesn't hurt his team on either end!

Tim Duncan isn't a speed demon, but Tim is one of the most focused and determined players I've ever seen, and a lot of his success comes directly from between his ears!

Monroe can do this, but he's going to need either some tough love, i.e. getting his ass sat for extended periods, or from competition or a trade!

He needs a wakeup call!

True Oracle but no matter the sport a players should have the drive to excel at his craft.  Neither Stafford or Moose are rookies in their respective leagues and they but display the same poor work ethics and commitment, both figure if they can put up respectable stats that they'll get paid regardless.   At least one of them has already made enough money to never have to play another single game and that's Stafford who's a gifted athlete in 2 different sports that chosed the easy route of being a  NFL QB oppose to an NBL pitcher.

The 2 years Moose spent at Georgetown he was tag as being talented but very lazy, he had all the tools to become an dominate big in college and he simply wasn't.  Moose knows he's not worthy of a 60 million deal and so does Joe which is why he declined an extension because he's banking on some other team being gullible enough to sign him.  Do any of you honestly think Moose would be perform at the **** level he has all season if he felt his money was in jeopardy?  He know that rather it's 40 million or 60 million he's set for life.  Remember he see's guy every day making millions without ever lacing up for games (CV) for one.  Oppose to seeing how hard Josh works game in and game out for his deal, you can say a lot of things about Josh but lazy and effort won't be any of them.  If Moose had half the effort of Josh both Josh's mind you he'll be a beast for real.  Joe needs to trade his lazy ass soon because this is not going to get better.

How do you know.  These things cannot be judged by what you see on the floor / field.  Performance in competition doesn't necessarily indicate the amount of work put in.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Oracle

Post  WTF Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:21 am

Oracle wrote:Wise, the only comparison between the Lions & Pistons is that they both have the talent to compete for a championship!

The Lions have had that talent in place for a few years, but the Pistons have only acquired that level of talent this year! In addition football and basketball are such different animals! You can come straight out of college and be a superstar in the NFL on day one, and it happens all of the time, but rarely in basketball.

Don, there is hope for Monroe! IMO, the biggest thing you said in your post was that he isn't showing the will to make the changes necessary to become a good player. Notice I didn't say great, because right now, his struggle is to just become a good player that doesn't hurt his team on either end!

Tim Duncan isn't a speed demon, but Tim is one of the most focused and determined players I've ever seen, and a lot of his success comes directly from between his ears!

Monroe can do this, but he's going to need either some tough love, i.e. getting his ass sat for extended periods, or from competition or a trade!

He needs a wakeup call!

True Oracle but no matter the sport a players should have the drive to excel at his craft.  Neither Stafford or Moose are rookies in their respective leagues and they but display the same poor work ethics and commitment, both figure if they can put up respectable stats that they'll get paid regardless.   At least one of them has already made enough money to never have to play another single game and that's Stafford who's a gifted athlete in 2 different sports that chosed the easy route of being a  NFL QB oppose to an NBL pitcher.

The 2 years Moose spent at Georgetown he was tag as being talented but very lazy, he had all the tools to become an dominate big in college and he simply wasn't.  Moose knows he's not worthy of a 60 million deal and so does Joe which is why he declined an extension because he's banking on some other team being gullible enough to sign him.  Do any of you honestly think Moose would be perform at the **** level he has all season if he felt his money was in jeopardy?  He know that rather it's 40 million or 60 million he's set for life.  Remember he see's guy every day making millions without ever lacing up for games (CV) for one.  Oppose to seeing how hard Josh works game in and game out for his deal, you can say a lot of things about Josh but lazy and effort won't be any of them.  If Moose had half the effort of Josh both Josh's mind you he'll be a beast for real.  Joe needs to trade his lazy ass soon because this is not going to get better.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty No Truer Words

Post  lemonpen Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:59 am

Oracle wrote:Be grateful, because our coach could be Jason Kidd, and be happy, because we're NOT the Nets!

FORUM - Page 7 Christmas%2Bcard%2Bjimmy%2Beat%2Bworld%2Bbest%2Bbuy%2B30

That crappy performance drove me to watching a string of Christmas movies with Mrs. Lemonpen.

Miracle on 34th Street. ....................
........................................ Golden Christmas ........
........................................................................... Golden Christmas 2 .............................
................................................................................................................................... It's A Wonderful Life...................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Belated Merry Christmas Piston Nation

Post  lemonpen Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:51 am

I hope it was better than expected.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:22 am

He needs a wakeup call!

Tim Duncan never has been a Stickman. Greg is a straight up Stickman. Tim was always fundamentally sound as a kid and made up for his lack of quickness by thinking on the court and being willing to concentrate on where he should always be on defense. Tim learned at an early age that he needed to bend his legs on both offense and defense. How many professional athletes in any sport has been successful if they stand straight up? It is a mystery to me that Greg Monroe will not listen to his coaches in that one area. His coaches at Georgetown couldn't get him to change. All of his coaches have repeated the statement of Greg just get down lower by bending your legs. It hurts if you haven't developed those muscles yet Greg. You can even be more consistent shooting free throws by flexing those knees. Why is he not being teased by Rasheed? Is he a coachable player? Do this one simple thing and Greg Monroe can be a very effective player. I really do not believe that Greg has the stamina to become a quality big man because it takes a certain amount of conditioning to be able to run the court and bend the legs to get leverage while taking those little painful steps when moving in the paint. Greg likes to rest too much and he is too used to taking the easy way out. Cheeks is no fool and his previous coaches were not fools. They all see what his stance is like. He gets away with it because Mo Cheeks knows that Dumars wants to sign him to a new contract. If the coach gets into tough love, Monroe might reject the Pistons and his agent knows that there will be teams who will want him. So what do you do but try to trade him? On the other hand, Drummond is learning to bend low with the legs spread. I love seeing him do it but usually have to wait until the second half to see him do it. But Drummond is a kid while Monroe has been around too long to play like a sissy.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Merry Christmas!!!

Post  Oracle Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:43 pm

Be grateful, because our coach could be Jason Kidd, and be happy, because we're NOT the Nets!

FORUM - Page 7 Christmas%2Bcard%2Bjimmy%2Beat%2Bworld%2Bbest%2Bbuy%2B30
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Practice?!?!

Post  FlyDog Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:22 pm

merc wrote:William Clay Ford says Merry Christmas and another losing year!

Schwartz has his team practicing today. The only NFL team that is holding a practice today. Merry Christmas.

What a knucklehead.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:04 am

William Clay Ford says Merry Christmas and another losing year!
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Please send this to No Super Bowl Drive, Lions HQ!

Post  Oracle Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:43 pm

Fennis Dembo wrote:Job Description for head coach of the Detroit Lions:
Welcome to the Detroit Lions.  Where no one is held accountable.  Nothing is ever anyone's fault and the bar  is set  extremely low.  Failure is always an option and is a time honored tradition.   If the fans and media complain, lash out at them.   They should be used to disappointment after all these years.  Be overly arrogant for no  good reason.   Never reveal to the  media how much you or your untalented staff make.  The owner will be about as accessible to the media as Howard Hughes and the general manager only slightly more.  So don't expect them to cover for your mistakes and buffoonery. At a press conference never give out an iota of usable information.  Every losing  season will be met with an increase in the price of season ticket so don't fret over being grossly overpaid.   When you fail miserably here, and you inevitably will, you will never be hired by another team as a head coach  in the NFL.  Good luck and don't let the door whack your heiny on the way out.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 7 Empty Lions

Post  Fennis Dembo Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:29 pm

Job Description for head coach of the Detroit Lions:
Welcome to the Detroit Lions.  Where no one is held accountable.  Nothing is ever anyone's fault and the bar  is set  extremely low.  Failure is always an option and is a time honored tradition.   If the fans and media complain, lash out at them.   They should be used to disappointment after all these years.  Be overly arrogant for no  good reason.   Never reveal to the  media how much you or your untalented staff make.  The owner will be about as accessible to the media as Howard Hughes and the general manager only slightly more.  So don't expect them to cover for your mistakes and buffoonery. At a press conference never give out an iota of usable information.  Every losing  season will be met with an increase in the price of season tickets so don't fret over being grossly overpaid.   When you fail miserably here, and you inevitably will, you will never be hired by another team as a head coach  in the NFL.  Good luck and don't let the door whack your heiny on the way out.

Last edited by Fennis Dembo on Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next