Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
deusXango
Sebastian
Go Stones!
Murph
Oracle
Phil-Good
merc
PistonPete
lemonpen
cool breeze
Fennis Dembo
Sissy1946
16 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty It's the ...

Post  Oracle Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:38 pm

Jorts & Jennings show Very Happy
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Two straight perfect setups

Post  PistonPete Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:21 pm

Jennings to Monroe and he fumbles the ball. Doesnt he know how to just go up instead of putting it on the floor.

Dunleavey and Smith getting schooled by Dunleavey?

Stuckey out, time for Harrellson to show his stuff. Nice two man game with Jennings. And Blocks!
PistonPete
PistonPete

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty It's Amazing...

Post  Oracle Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:05 pm

That it's a tie game with the way Monroe, Smith and to a lesser degree Drummond have played!

They're entitled to off games, but Smith & Monroe's mistakes are just really perplexingly DUMB!

Absolutely fantastic half for Jennings!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Monroe is playing...

Post  Oracle Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Like a complete PUSSY!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Oracle Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:50 pm

PistonPete wrote:Nobody cuts.  The weak side three is open, but nobody even sniffs the shot.  They are killing me. Contrast when Boozer gets the ball, the players are all cutting to the open spot.
Exactly!

We should be killing this weakened Bulls team, and I fully expect we will as the game goes on!

Our shooting is coming around, but just as it does Stuckey begins to be less effective!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Why does everybody stand and watch while Monroe dribbles into the Paint.

Post  PistonPete Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:37 pm

Nobody cuts. The weak side three is open, but nobody even sniffs the shot. They are killing me. Contrast when Boozer gets the ball, the players are all cutting to the open spot.
PistonPete
PistonPete

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Wake up Cheeks!!!

Post  Oracle Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:18 pm

Mitchell is the matchup that stops Gibson!

BTW, KCP's man can't get squat! KCP defends like a demon!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty trade talk

Post  Phil-Good Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:32 pm

[quote="Sebastian"]Oracle, I do think that WE need one more guy. I think that if WE could get OUR hands on Wilson Chandler, WE would be right there competing deep into May. Chandler as OUR 7th-man, first SF off the bench would be the blueprint.

I would not do this trade because I have Singler. If Joe is going to trade A 8 million dollar, ending contract it needs to be for something good. Not just A average player like Chandler.

I'm looking for A splash like A starting 2 guard or A super 6th man. WHO? I don't know.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Ending Games with or without Chauncey.

Post  PistonPete Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:07 pm

Having Stuckey as our designated finisher is getting old. Running isos for him will not work consistently and tends to clog our offensive flow as we pound the ball for a contested shot and play not to lose rather than play to win. It telegraphs our intentions.

I suggest we keep KCP in at the end for defense, so we are not trading buckets at the end. We could run with Stuckey, KCP and Singler even, along with Jennings and a big.

Run a real play, not an Iso, whether for stuckey or josh or jennings, who is the most creative player we have. Even let Jennings handle and hand off to Stuckey or Josh or Monroe, but change it up. Our game ending strategies are transparent and hit or miss.

Chauncey has no place in these scenarios, but on a situational basis he could be used for 3pt shooting, although Jennings does have a tendency to hit a clutch 3.

Come on Mo. You can do better than a Stuckey Iso to end the game.
Go Pistons.
PistonPete
PistonPete

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Wheeew !!!

Post  lemonpen Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:43 pm

FlyDog wrote:So the MLive article says Chauncey thinks he is the answer to our 4th Quarter problems.  He thinks that his experience in those situations would help.  I think he's probably right.  He could help, and experience in handling 4th Quarter leads is very useful.  That's why I think he should sit on the bench, and let the FUTURE of the team GAIN the experience that they need.
Man you had me going for a minute. I agree. CB needs to offer advice and remain at the ready incase injury presents a need.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Seb

Post  lemonpen Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:31 am

Just gonna take a slightly different view of the upcoming pair of games. I think notice has already been served with two road wins which included the Heat in a B2B format. I'm not comfortable demanding guys prove their worth at the 20 game mark, or else. In individual games, someone is going to suck and someone else shine. To me these games represent measuring sticks. I simply want to see growth in both our weakest & strongest areas. We're not better than the Heat or Bulls at this point. How we compete is more important than the outcome.

Bulls: They chewed us up and spit us out in the 2nd half of our last meeting. Their execution was exceptional and moved us around like chess pieces. I want to see if we are able to dictate pace, out execute in crunch time, and generate open easy opportunities.

Heat: Now that we have their full attention, how many minutes out of 48 can we be competitive.

Winning one or both would be great, but I would rather see more confirmation that our strategy and strengths are leading us in the right direction. We have 30-35 more opportunities to rate the evolution of individuals.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Joe needs to add one more player ...

Post  Sebastian Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:19 am

Oracle, I do think that WE need one more guy. I think that if WE could get OUR hands on Wilson Chandler, WE would be right there competing deep into May. Chandler as OUR 7th-man, first SF off the bench would be the blueprint.

Maybe, there is one way to obtain Wilson Chandler.

If Joe is own his game, he can pimp Morey into the following proposal - http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mz7cpfh.

Detroit:
Trade Charlie V. (Magic) and Singler (Rockets)

Rockets
Move Asik to the Magic

Orlando
Moves Afflalo to the Nuggets
Moves Big Baby to the Rockets

Denver
Moves Wilson Chandler to the Pistons

This trade works for all parties involve.

WE, the Pistons get a bonafide backup SF in Wilson Chandler, which allows Moose to stay on the floor with Dre, or Josh to stay on the floor with Dre or Moose, etc.

The Rockets move a disgruntled player for a guy who has played with Dwight and is supposed to be friends with the playful center from Atlanta. Big Baby can also add a dimension to the Rockets team with Big Baby on the floor, allowing the Rockets to avoid the hack-a-Dwight strategy teams will play for sure in the playoffs, against the Rockets. And, I am sure former Celtics great, McHale, would not mine have Big Baby in his lineup for the next two years. The Rockets also pickup, another bargain priced player and spacing solution in Elmers Singler.

The Magic get a true center, as I think Vuvecic, who is a hellava player would make a great PF for the Magic. Also, moving Afflalo puts Oladipo on the floor, much, much more.

The Nuggets get themselves a SG that they know and who knows them at the salary they originally signed him at. A successful remarriage of sorts.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Seb

Post  Oracle Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:10 am

Excellent post, just watch that trigger finger on those trades Smile

I agree, 2 wins this weekend and it's not the record that I'm happy about, it's the confidence that will be in this team after getting something that big done!

If that happens, we'll not only have served notice that a new kid is on the block, and a big mother at that, but that we're contending for the east crown and expecting a seeding between 3-5!

I don't rule out anything once the confidence is there, and Joe has a good sniff at what our true needs are by the deadline.

BTW, on your boy Stuckey! He's more valuable to us staying here unless Joe gets an offer he can't refuse! His expiring contract is like gold, but CV, Bynum & JJ smells like a package that could net us some talent at the trade deadline.

I'd hesitate to include Singler in any trade, but if the sweetener is there, he can be had as well!

But let's not get too far ahead, these games are not going to be easy... GO PISTONS!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Defining moment of the season ...

Post  Sebastian Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:53 am

Piston Pals: This weekend will be the defining moment of the season.

WE play games #20 (Bulls) and #21 (Heat), this weekend. Yes, the first demarcation of the season.

OUR Pistons are currently 9-10 and are on a three-game winning streak. The Pistons travel to Chicago. (I wonder, did the Pistons take a bus- or -train ride bounding short trip to the Windy City from Milwaukee after beating the Bucks on Wednesday night, 106-98.)

The Bulls are a gritty and proud team and WE haven't had any luck at the United Center, since the last brick was laid on the building. A win tonight would add a significant tone to the '13-'14 season. Winning tonight will take US to .500 (10-10), at the declarative 20-game mark. It would be another Division win, against still one of the top 10 teams in the League.

Tomorrow, WE are back at the Palace and play the Heat in OUR Sunday Motor City Blues uniforms. (Note: Gores really need for folks to show up at the Palace, against the Heat on Sunday. I don't know how long the Pistons can continue to file the bogus attendance numbers to the League offices in New York.) After beating the Heat in South Beach on Tuesday, WE have the chance to put the League on notice by beating the Heat, twice in 6 days.

Defeating the Bulls and Heat in successive nights, this weekend can help to propel OUR season in a real way.

How the Pistons perform this weekend goes beyond the evaluate this team as a single unit, but takes a sharper look at the individual parts as future members of the Pistons. For example:

1- After having an off night (hey, it happens) in Milwaukee, does my boy Stuckey continue his molding of the image recognized on the '13-'14 Sixth-Man Award trophy. I know the trophy is not a self molded bust, like the inductees of that other popular professional sports league's Hall of Fame located in Canton (OH), but if Stuckey can continue his taking names and kicking ass approach the way he has played so far, then I think Stuckey will begin to solidify his spot on the roster and can easily earn a 4-year/$7.5 contract with OUR Pistons.    

2- If Singer returns to the overrated guy on the floor, who is sucking up 22 ambiguous minutes and WE go 2-0 this weekend, the Joe has got to be working on a deal that includes him in a package, somehow. But, if Singler plays like he has in the most recent two games which WE have also won, then Mo' will be force to strategically find a way to continue to insert Singler into the game. Interesting note: In the 9 wins, Singler has averaged 20.7 minutes per game and 8.9 points. In the 10 losses, Singler has averaged 24.8 minutes and 6.9 points. Here is a link to the ESPN player profile on Elmer Singler. (Note: The stats do not include +/-.rockon ) Mo' has got to stop thinking Elmer Singler is the second coming of Bobby Jones. Singler is not a 7th-man. He is a 9th or 10th man, who should maybe average 15 minutes per game. He is not an adequate, immediate backup to the SF position, in my opinion.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6469/kyle-singler.

3- Moose? Now, if Moose is a monster at both the 4 and 5, this weekend and WE go 2-0, then WE are going to have to become a power team and wear it. Run, when WE can off of turnovers and pound it in half court basketball and go to work on OUR refining of how WE are going to play from here on out. This weekend, Moose has got to be able to win his match-ups against Noah, Boozer, Gibson, Bosh, Haslem, and Anderson (the Bird man). If wins these match-ups, then WE are going to have to ride with the Moose and either find an excellent sign and trade in July or resign him, within the three days that the current CBA allows teams to resign a player on their current roster.

If Moose continues to look clumsy, unable to catch nicely offered dimes, getting stripped by the opponent, and bitchy to the refs while his man changes ends on the floor then a trade has got to happen, no if ands or buts about, regardless of if WE win or lose, this weekend.

4- Josh Smith has got to play better defense against Luol Deng, tonight. Deng lit S-Smoove up in the first contest. Josh has got to take better shots, this weekend. Yo Josh, start both games with your offensive attack starting from closer to the basket. Which reminds me, Mo' should never have J-Smoove and Moose on the right side of the offensive floor together. They should always be on the left hand side of the offensive floor. Both, Josh and Moose are left hand dominate players, who have the advantage when they start there offense from the left side of the floor.

Josh must get his hands on the ball, defensively: steals, blocks, deflections, and rebounds. The double figure points will come.

5- Dre needs to continue his dominates. Punish Noah, and any other bum ass center the Heat plays, and yes, that includes Bosh. If Bosh, plays the center then Dre' needs to show him, who is next!

6- B. Jennings needs to make Chalmers and Hinrich are not in his league. And, play better defense against these two. Chalmers and Hinrich are both, sneaky good at times.

7- KCP needs to continue to start, no doubt. Kill the Bulls and the D-Wadeless Heat softly, by continuing to shoot the ball, maybe try a mid-range game early while helping to finish breaks off of turnovers. Believe it or not, active defensive games from Josh and B. Jennings are big boost to KCP's effectiveness, as KCP's confidence increases when he helps to finish breaks. KCP's defense against whomever the Bulls and Heat attempt to masquerade as a starting SGs can help to increase OUR chances of winning, tonight.

8- Harrelson should see some key minutes to help bang with the Bulls and the Heat. Harrelson is a discounted Maxey, both in salary and minutes, but he comes at a significant bargain. He's like those nice pair of $3.00-$5.00 shirts, slacks, and suits that you can get from a Goodwill store. Zorts is a keeper, as every good team needs a banger; and this guy can shoot, too.

9- WE don't need Will B. to be active for tonight's game in Chicago. Will B. subtracts from Stuckey's presence and he just acts the fool, when he plays in his hometown. He thinks he's Nate Robinson or somebody, when he gets on the floor at the United Center. No, please don't let Will B. play.

10- If Jerebko can make a healthy contribution to US winning both games, this weekend, then that would be great. It sure would be nice to audition Jerebko for Dec. 15th move, somehow.

Really, folks I think that WE can win both games this weekend. And, if WE could add a very good #7 man to OUR roster, WE will be right there.

December 15th, may be the 10th Day of Christmas for most of the world, but for NBA teams and General Managers it is Christmas. It is the day the free agent and players who signed and/or traded can be traded.

Yes, this is a defining weekend for OUR Pistons.Joe

Last edited by Sebastian on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Ooch Ouch Ooch

Post  WTF Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:13 am

FlyDog wrote:So the MLive article says Chauncey thinks he is the answer to our 4th Quarter problems.  He thinks that his experience in those situations would help.  I think he's probably right.  He could help, and experience in handling 4th Quarter leads is very useful.  That's why I think he should sit on the bench, and let the FUTURE of the team GAIN the experience that they need.
As much as it pains me to say it, Billups needs to sit and start focusing on coaching and front office duties. "However" I'm not all that oppose to him saving their asses every now and then. Ideally I like for him to pretend injured until at least March if at all possible.

No if I never see Bynum again I won't lose any sleep about it because I love Siva coming in for those few minutes ever game.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Damn straight Fly!!!

Post  Oracle Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:08 pm

Chauncey needs to STFU and watch from the injured reserve area in street clothes Smile

Your words that I bolded are the single most important thing we need to happen! It does the TEAM absolutely no good if Chauncey is closing out games, his ass will be gone next year!

We need Jennings learning how to do it, and no, one good game is insufficient for me to believe Jennings has religion! That level of performance needs to be the rule, not the exception, and that will only happen with experience!

BTW, I know beating the Heat was probably even better for Jennings than beating the Bucks, the way Miami swept their asses in the first round last year!

I'm sure he never though he'd be on a team that could do that lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Easy There, Coach Billups......

Post  FlyDog Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:42 pm

So the MLive article says Chauncey thinks he is the answer to our 4th Quarter problems. He thinks that his experience in those situations would help. I think he's probably right. He could help, and experience in handling 4th Quarter leads is very useful. That's why I think he should sit on the bench, and let the FUTURE of the team GAIN the experience that they need.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty RE

Post  Phil-Good Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:34 pm

PistonPete wrote:banana It's time to start the campaign for Andre Drummond. clap  Eastern Conference Player of the Week.

I don't think you need A campaign. Drummonds numbers speak for them-self. The young man is amazing and talented.

We lucky to have him here in Detroit. He gets us that much closer back to the NBA Finals.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Josh Smith is pretty bad, and needs trading!

Post  Oracle Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:31 pm

And if you believe that, you're either a complete dumbass or haven't watched and understood any games!

Wow, how dumb can people be?

Josh is a great passer who sees the floor as good as a guard, and an elite defender!

He does need time to mature his offensive game because of the new position and where it places him on the court(spacing), and adapt his defensive position for the variety of SF's he has to face, but give the man some time!

We're dominating the league in points in the paint, and doing fantastic in a lot of key areas, all bolstered by Josh Smith... are these people freaking crazy?

The results so far have been encouraging and are moving in the right direction, but the biggest thing is the imposing front line of the Pistons!

I don't want to give that up for anything right now!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Murph

Post  WTF Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:54 pm

Murph wrote:
FlyDog wrote:Hey Murph.......yeah, I'm not sure what their angle is here.  Makes them appear pretty foolish.  The only thing that I can see that Smith does poorly is that he jacks up some ill-advised shots.  Get some willing and capable shooters around him, and just maybe that changes.  He brings an element of athleticism that's been missing in Detroit since..........
Fly...agreed.  My guess is that they thought up this series of articles a week ago, before the Maimi upset, and the 3 game road win streak.

The articles probably seemed like a good idea a week ago.  Now?...they just seem idiotic and irrelevant.

Detroit Bad Boys should pull the plug on these articles, before they make even bigger fools of themselves.
They're not the only with this articles on Smith to fuel debate that they'll likely get out of casual fans. They might be better served to nick-pick at Moose's game oppose to Josh, Moose I last years news and trade rumor. Like I said previously Josh increase shooting and also noted in Fly's comments is encourage by Cheeks. Eventually Josh will start hitting better on his attempts.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Drum Roll Please

Post  PistonPete Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:28 am

banana It's time to start the campaign for Andre Drummond. clap  Eastern Conference Player of the Week.
PistonPete
PistonPete

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:25 am

FlyDog wrote:Hey Murph.......yeah, I'm not sure what their angle is here.  Makes them appear pretty foolish.  The only thing that I can see that Smith does poorly is that he jacks up some ill-advised shots.  Get some willing and capable shooters around him, and just maybe that changes.  He brings an element of athleticism that's been missing in Detroit since..........
Fly...agreed. My guess is that they thought up this series of articles a week ago, before the Maimi upset, and the 3 game road win streak.

The articles probably seemed like a good idea a week ago. Now?...they just seem idiotic and irrelevant.

Detroit Bad Boys should pull the plug on these articles, before they make even bigger fools of themselves.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Advent Calendar

Post  deusXango Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:05 am

A prime example of a misinformed group, with a hard on for a certain player, and a platform to express their slanted views. I believe that Cheeks wants Smith to take 3's rather than long 2's and that's what is being worked on now; his accuracy should improve with repetition over time.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:32 am

The voting results on this nonsense was surprising as well. I'm not even against the shots he's taking and neither is Cheeks because he encourages him to do it. I think it was the Boston game where Josh hit the game winning three and right after Cheeks sad he wants Josh taking the shots hit or miss.

The thing I've notice about Smith shots, they come in the flow of the game he's not forcing them, some are by design, and a lot of times he ends up with the rock when time is expiring on the shot clock. Looking at that shot chart it seems he misses far more in the post.

I wouldn't trade him, or his selection of shots.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyDog Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:07 am

Hey Murph.......yeah, I'm not sure what their angle is here. Makes them appear pretty foolish. The only thing that I can see that Smith does poorly is that he jacks up some ill-advised shots. Get some willing and capable shooters around him, and just maybe that changes. He brings an element of athleticism that's been missing in Detroit since..........
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next