Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+11
Murph
PistonPete
Sissy1946
lemonpen
FlyDog
Phil-Good
deusXango
Sebastian
merc
Fennis Dembo
Sparma
15 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Piston Pete, DX, Stuckey & Jennings

Post  Oracle Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:07 am

Piston Pete, welcome to the forum, we're glad to have you. By the way, how did you find us? I'll address Jennings in a bit, but we love all opinions and thoughts, so keep it coming, this season is going to be a VERY good one, IMO!

DX, you are a real class act!!! I don't think you needed to apologize to Murph, but it took a class individual to even think to do it!

On Jennings: Jennings, IMO, is a good kid that may have some issues that a lot of kids have growing up! I don't see anything serious here, bt there are red flags!

However, Jennings is remarkably candid about his problems! He doesn't try to make excuses and he faces up to his problems like a man, and I really respect that.

The bottom line is that you can't correct problems that you either don't recognize, or don't admit exist! Jennings is refreshing in that he does recognize his problems and has committed to working on them.

So when I raise red flags, it's not to put him down, it's to simply recognize where the problems lie.

Yes, we've had more than a few edgy characters on the Pistons, and tough and edgy on the court is one thing, dealing with off court stuff can get distracting and have a bad effect on the team.

To Jennings credit, none of his off court issues has been a problem for his team so far, and his work ethic is solid, so I'm really hopeful for the best.

Having Smith, a friend of Jennings, is another good thing for the future, so I'm not worried, just showing a little caution.

On Stuckey: Ok, DX & Don, don't throw a fit, I'm not suggesting that we re-sign Stuckey, but here is another thought/side of the story.

Just like Jennings needed a change of scenery, Stuckey needs it as well. However, Stuckey's situation is radically different.

For Stuckey, the scenery around him had actually changed! For Stuckey, this is almost a new start with the possible exception being all of the baggage from previous years.

But as far as basketball goes, Stuckey has a new coach & way more talented teammates, and a new feeling of actually being able to make something happen. This is a real opportunity for him, I just hope he takes full advantage of it!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Over Reaction...

Post  deusXango Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:37 am

Murph, I apologize because you didn't say anything about Jennings character, and my remark was out of context; I also realize that you were joking...friends!?Smile 
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Wellll, another fanatic.

Post  deusXango Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:22 am

Piston Pete, let me be the first to welcome you to the forum, and say with all honesty, I think you'll bring a fresh voice and insight. Love that fanatical enthusiasm you have for the Bad Boys.

Glad you mentioned the double nickel Jennings dropped in his rookie year (he was younger then than KCP is now), so fans may take note and stop talking about this kid from Georgia not being able to cut the mustard in the NBA; KCP should be starting from day one IMHO, so that our backcourt chemistry can begin forming A.S.A.P.

Keep 'em coming Pete, and GO PISTONS!!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty On the subject of Jennings.

Post  PistonPete Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:47 am

Personally I like his edge and his swag. Not really feeling his pjs though, but the NBA is known for its bling and yeah, BJ (baby jesus) can shine. He can for the most part back his (delusional self love) up on offense. Anybody who can drop a double nickle as a rookie, can ball.

If he can focus it on dropping dimes, and apply his speed and athleticism to getting steals and pushing the break and then fullfilling his promise to bring Lob City here, its all good. We need to get a bit of Bad Boy swagger back in here. I think the good guys on the team will rally to the opportunity to bring out a bit of an edge.

Corliss and Sheed brought us an edge that got us our last ring. We got Big Shot and Moose to keep it in check. They seem level headed. I think the leader though will be the big fella. How could they not play him last year. How did they keep him off the first team all rookie. SMH. He led all rookies in PER. I think he will be looking to destroy opponents.

After all we've been down and kicked around for a few years now, so there's got to be a bit of pent up frustration. He and Smoove have some, maybe Moose and Drums too. Even Stuck might be ready to roar and wreak some havoc on everybody hating on us and kicking us while we were down. No more.

Just sayin...
PistonPete
PistonPete

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Hey Yo! Go Mo

Post  PistonPete Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:30 am

Hey everybody, I'm new to the forum and excited for the season and to see some smash mouth in your face Bad Boy action this year. Just wanted to say, I have been waiting for the Pistons to get out and run, play pressure defense and beast for like forever. Now its only one week away. I Like Mo saying he wants to run a lot. Can't imagine a better outcome than what we got this year.

Joe had lost me for the last five years and I told everybody he should be fired. But IMO he has redeemed himself. We may not be championship material yet, but we will be in one/two years fosho.

For what it's worth, I'm predicting 51 wins this season.

ESPN Rankings has KCP projected to be top 50 player by his 3rd Year and Drummond top 5 in three years, so what's not to like. Now let's swap out some spare parts and go get us a 2014 first round pick. Jerebko and Stucky/CV should do it.

Go Pistons
PistonPete
PistonPete

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty When I Say Over Reaction I Mean

Post  Oracle Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:29 pm

That's basically what I said, but I disagree that you shouldn't care!

If I have snake that bites everybody I want it to, it's really stupid of me to forget it's a snake!

The response I gave boils down to this!

As long as Jennings benefits outweigh his negatives, he's cool! Once that changes, he can kiss my a$$ as he hits the door!

Take Stuckey for example! He's had problems, but I don't dislike Stuckey(not that I dislike Jennings... yet), so when Stuckey leaves, I can genuinely wish him well!

But now I know what Jennings is, and for some reason, you read the beefs he had, and can't see that it was him, not the others! Incidents need to be judged on the basis of what happened, not what you think about somebody as you did with everyone not named Jennings!

That's why DX is right, this latest incident appears to NOT be a Jennings problem, other than the pattern continues(some people just attract this stuff).

I really hope this behavior is behind him, but it's VERY rare that a basic part of a person changes radically... that's why they call it character!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty When I Say Over Reaction I Mean

Post  WTF Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:00 pm

Oracle wrote:Everybody is out of step except for my son! RIGHT!!!

Over reaction?

Wow Wise, the reaction is to recognize, well, FACTS, and note how strange it is!

Did you read the article?

Did you see the players he beefs with, the on court and off court stuff?

Did you bother to do as the article suggested and Google Jennings problems with others?

Did you read the comments as I suggested?

Then to suggest that something is wrong with Jennings ability to get along with others, isn't a stretch or an over reaction, it's just the truth!

Pointing out the facts is just recognizing that the sky is blue, if he plays well and does his job, I could give a crap, and neither will the players!

Side Note: Would I rather have a player that was well liked and good? Probably, but I do like Jennings as a player conceptually!

They'll dislike his arse all the way to the hoop off of a sweet dime, and us fans will love his play... that's the bottom line.

DX, you made one good point and one strange one.

You're totally correct, these west coast dudes have a fashion sense all of their own! I just hope he never gets sent to jail in that outfit! It looks like he's ready for bedtime, complete with a handy trap door in the back lol 

You second point was just plain strange. I don't know where you got from what Murph posted, that his dress was somehow related to his character. I took it as Murph clarified, as a joke, and it was damn funny at that Smile
Who should give a **** if he's like by other players or not. BTW yes to all the above questions. Nothing he's done has been criminal so it doesn't matter WTF Melo, and Durant has to say. One is barely liked by team mates and the other just called Wade over-rated.

Great it may all be facts but it has nothing to do with his ability to play, it didn't stop Joe from signing who apparently cough!, cough! loves good character guys lol 

I'm just saying I don't recall fan worrying much about Zeke character on and off the court and concerning themselves with what players he beefed with as long as he was winning games.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Said the Mother about her son...

Post  Oracle Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:05 pm

Everybody is out of step except for my son! RIGHT!!!

Over reaction?

Wow Wise, the reaction is to recognize, well, FACTS, and note how strange it is!

Did you read the article?

Did you see the players he beefs with, the on court and off court stuff?

Did you bother to do as the article suggested and Google Jennings problems with others?

Did you read the comments as I suggested?

Then to suggest that something is wrong with Jennings ability to get along with others, isn't a stretch or an over reaction, it's just the truth!

Pointing out the facts is just recognizing that the sky is blue, if he plays well and does his job, I could give a crap, and neither will the players!

Side Note: Would I rather have a player that was well liked and good? Probably, but I do like Jennings as a player conceptually!

They'll dislike his arse all the way to the hoop off of a sweet dime, and us fans will love his play... that's the bottom line.

DX, you made one good point and one strange one.

You're totally correct, these west coast dudes have a fashion sense all of their own! I just hope he never gets sent to jail in that outfit! It looks like he's ready for bedtime, complete with a handy trap door in the back lol 

You second point was just plain strange. I don't know where you got from what Murph posted, that his dress was somehow related to his character. I took it as Murph clarified, as a joke, and it was damn funny at that Smile
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Over Reaction...

Post  Murph Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:29 am

deusXango wrote:
Murph wrote:FORUM - Page 40 INvOKJA1IKfJ4

Check out that polka dotted jump suit.  Anyone who wears a polka dotted  jump suit is just asking to be punched in the face. lol lol lol

Have some DIGNITY man!  You're the starting point guard for the Detroit Pistons!  You wouldn't have caught Zeke or Dave Bing wearing a polka dotted jump suit.  Ever.    lol! lol! lol! 
Murph, this is an indication that the "Left Coast" dressers are something far different from the way we roll in the Mid-West (see Russell Westbrook), so this is not about equating Jennings dress to his character, but his taste and home town environment.

I think what's being overlooked here is that the man is entitled to celebrate his birthday, in a legal manner, and his invitations did have a clear digital picture of him on it (the Game knew who was being honored), but reading the musical performers, I didn't see the Game mentioned at all; the Game seems to be the asshole here, not Jennings. Brandon Jennings was just trying to have a good time, and the Game was trying to grab some notoriety, as is often done with "want-to-be" nobodies. Let's get behind this guy, not get on him, until he earns or ire with his play on the court.
DX...I'm just kidding. Seriously, if the Pistons make the playoffs with Jenning as the starting PG, I won't care if he wears parachute pants.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Over Reacting

Post  deusXango Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:12 am

Check out that polka dotted jump suit.  Anyone who wears a polka dotted  jump suit is just asking to be punched in the face. lol lol lol

Have some DIGNITY man!  You're the starting point guard for the Detroit Pistons!  You wouldn't have caught Zeke or Dave Bing wearing a polka dotted jump suit.  Ever.    lol! lol! lol! 
Murph, this is an indication that the "Left Coast" dressers are something far different from the way we roll in the Mid-West (see Russell Westbrook), so this is not about equating Jennings dress to his character, but his taste and home town environment.

I think what's being overlooked here is that the man is entitled to celebrate his birthday, in a legal manner, and his invitations did have a clear digital picture of him on it (the Game knew who was being honored), but reading the musical performers, I didn't see the Game mentioned at all; the Game seems to be the asshole here, not Jennings. Brandon Jennings was just trying to have a good time, and the Game was trying to grab some notoriety, as is often done with "want-to-be" nobodies. Let's get behind this guy, not get on him, until he earns or ire with his play on the court.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Class?

Post  Sebastian Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:40 am

OUR guy B. Knight probably wouldn't walk to the mailbox in those pajamas.lol! 
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Over Reacting

Post  WTF Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:07 am

Lets not act as if Jennings is the only player that ever sported a Pistons uniform that other players or people in general didn't want to pop them in the mouth. (Zeke, Laimbeer, Rodman, Curry,) just naming a few but I'm sure there's been more and three of these guys it wasn't just about their play on the court. Really this is an issue?

I do have an a problem with the outfit thought facepalm 
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Asking for It...

Post  Murph Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:30 am

FORUM - Page 40 INvOKJA1IKfJ4

Have some DIGNITY man! You're the starting point guard for the Detroit Pistons! You wouldn't have caught Zeke or Dave Bing wearing a polka dotted jump suit. Ever. lol! lol! lol! 

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Jennings makes news showing he lacks the class of Brandon Knight

Post  cool breeze Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:57 pm

Maybe Jennings will be fantastic this season but is he is a jerk as a person and is that why his teammates last season are happy he is gone? Jennings was out on the town with his gang banging buds and had a little scuffle with another moron fighting over who should be the center of attention at a club. There are some NBA players who lack education coming in but work hard not only on the basketball court but also with their mind off the court. So who do you like and who do you want to cheer for Piston fans? Do you want to pull for a guy like Brandon Jennings or Brandon Knight? Many of you found fault with Knight's mistakes on the court but never considered which kind of players come up on top in the end. Jennings is not the kind of BAD BOY our older heroes were because those Piston greats were also people I could identify with and could find good qualities relating to their character. Jennings made the news already with his little fight over nothing that only idiots would fight over so what is next? Maybe people who have minds of a 10 year old are the kind of folks Joe likes to hang with. What are the owners thinking now? Knight, the good guy, is sent packing after only two years of service because he tells Joe he wants to start for Joe's new hip hop man who is not even interested in learning how to speak proper English. So which players will want to room with Jennings this season? Will it be Smith? I might have to cheer for the Bucks.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Why trading Monroe is dumb...

Post  Oracle Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:14 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty FORUM

Post  Oracle Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:41 pm

Ok, Knight had some embarrassing things happen to him, but in Knight's case, it was always due to him stepping up and not backing down in the face of a challenge... in a good way!

But Jennings? Wow, this dude just can't keep dudes from punching him in the kisser!

When you have this many incidents of people all up in your grill, one thing is clear! People don't like Jennings, and that includes people that have just met him... that's a problem!

I hope these problems don't follow into the season, or we'll be dealing with this sh!t all year long, and NOT in a good way!

This article goes through only a small number of these incidents, but does detail Jennings problems with Carmelo, Kevin Durant and others! WTF is his deal???

Why Is Everybody Punching Brandon Jennings in the Face?

P.S. Please read the comments after the article, they're hilarious! Wildcat & Bucks fans waiting in line to punch his lights out, LOL!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40