Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
Murph
Phil-Good
merc
Oracle
Go Stones!
deusXango
cool breeze
WTF
12 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty SKIP BAYLESS IS A RETARD

Post  Oracle Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:38 pm

WISEFAN wrote:This clown is debating that J-Kidd was a better PG than Zeke. He called a Zeke a SG that played PG and that Joe was the Un-Sung Hero that actually lead the team to 3 straight Finals. Steve A almost passed out when Bayless said that Sh!t.

I get Kidd and Stockton having better stats than Zeke and Magic but neither Kidd or Stockton came even close to comparison of Magic or Zeke. Stats do make you stupid!

Wow, it's hard to be that stupid! Kidd was better, Zeke was a SG, and Joe was the real power behind the Bad Boys... is that dude looking for a job from Joe?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:34 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:I never saw him play, but from the films, he was a BAD MOFO on the field!!!

FORUM - Page 22 060313-Defensive-Tackle-Deacon-Jones--LA-PI_2013060401471281_660_320

David 'Deacon' Jones dies at age 74

I did see him play and he was a beast.
I was living in Pasadena while Deacon played for the Rams... that defensive line (named the fearsome foursome) was the best I've ever seen... even better than the Steel Curtain.
The D Line we have now could be something special... they should make our weakass DBs look better.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Answers to Go

Post  Sparma Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:23 pm

Great questions, Stones. I won't write a book in response, but here are some quick answers. Probability figures in heavily, partly because what happens in what case affects another.

1) He'll try to resign Calderon if he drafts Bennett; he won't try hard if he draft Burke or MCW.

2) Unlikely, but it depends (see #1).

3) Even more unlikely, but if Max would take the minimum or 2 mil it could happen.

4) No.

5) BPA: Burke, Bennett (if one drops), Zeller, MCW.

6) Mayo's most likely I'd say. Again, it depends on the draft & other things (eg Calderon). I'm hoping he uses most of the the $$ via trade, eg, for Marion.

7) Cheeks (with Shaw being a possibility, if he'd go for Detroit). I see MacMillan going elsewhere, but it could come to the D.

Cool I predict no movement (sadly) on CV or Stuckey over the summer; maybe at the trade deadline.

9) No, although I see a slight possibility for a Knight trade.

10) Highly unlikely, but we can dream.

deusXango wrote:
Go Stones! wrote:Question #1: Does Joe D resign Calderon? Yes, for ~8.5M/year
Why would he do that? $8.5M/year to put the teams back against the wall? No thanks.

Question #2: Does Joe D resign Will Bynum? No
I agree with NO.

Question #3: Does Joe D resign Maxiel? No
I hope not!

Question #4: Does Joe D resign Maggette? No
Obvious NO!

Question #5: What position does Joe D draft? A swing SG/SF
The team needs a young, traditional, pure PG more than anything else; one that plays defense.

Question #6: Who specifically does he sign as FA (name 3 with most likely to occur first)? Kamen and Allen and Mayo
Smith, Allen and Jack.

Question #7: What coach does he choose? Mo Cheeks (great with guards and has always been successful...and classy)
Cheeks is flying under the radar, itching to get back into the head chair, is wiser, and a historical eastern conference player/coach. Go Mo Cheeks.

Question #8: Does a trade this summer involve CV and/or Stuckey? No, but will occur at trade deadline
No. No one wants CV (even with an expiring contract) and he's going to give Stuckey every opportunity to be re-signed to another contract in the "D."
Question #9: Does a trade this summer involve Knight and/or Monroe?[/b] No
I sincerely hope not.

Question #10: Will there be a draft-day trade by the Pistons? yes, but not one that will be memorable
If it is, we'll remember; we always do, albeit, for the wrong reasons (they tend to suck!).
Stones, that was a great Q & A that you put together; it got the juices flowing.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:00 pm

WISEFAN wrote:This clown is debating that J-Kidd was a better PG than Zeke. He called a Zeke a SG that played PG and that Joe was the Un-Sung Hero that actually lead the team to 3 straight Finals. Steve A almost passed out when Bayless said that Sh!t.

I get Kidd and Stockton having better stats than Zeke and Magic but neither Kidd or Stockton came even close to comparison of Magic or Zeke. Stats do make you stupid!

I always thought that had Stockton been a bit more offensively aggressive he might have come in ahead of Zeke. JS was a tremendous outside shooter who didn't pull the trigger as many times as his talent dictated.

One thing that will hurt Zeke in the eyes of many is the injury shortend the prime of his career.

lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:41 pm

This clown is debating that J-Kidd was a better PG than Zeke. He called a Zeke a SG that played PG and that Joe was the Un-Sung Hero that actually lead the team to 3 straight Finals. Steve A almost passed out when Bayless said that Sh!t.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty What about Kentavious Caldwell-Pope with the #8 Pick?

Post  Sebastian Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:11 pm

Maybe, WE should draft a traditional-sized SG. I guy, who is a "real" shooting guard. In the mode of Kobe, Rip, and Ray. If WE start with the selection of a true SG, WE then may be able to repair/reassemble the roster with this move.

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope looks like that guy. This kid can shoot, finish, and guard the position. He can go get his own shot, too! Drafting and starting Caldwell-Pope can help to put OUR backcourt in the proper position/rotation. WE can go with Stuckey as the starting PG, as I tend to believe that Stuckey can be a more efficient PG with a bonified SG starting with him. B. Knight would be the perfect 6th-man guard. He would bring an electricity to the pace that opposing teams' second units would have difficulty matching.

Also, draft Ray McCallum, Jr. with the #37 Pick.

And, I could go with either Nate or Mo, as the next Head Coach.

Go get Josh Smith! He becomes OUR starting SF and the guy, who plays PF when teams try that small ball sh!t or if/when Moose or Dre Drummond gets in foul trouble.

And, like I have posted before, Josh would make a great SF. WE would be getting a guy, who is ready to take the next step in his career. And, I disagree with those who question Smith's cerebral capacity to play the game. Josh is a professional basketball player, who knows his profession. And, finally he would be allow to play at a position, where he would have advantages. Again, go get Josh Smith!

Sign Tony Allen. TA kind be the guy, WE put onto the floor to lock folks down.

Also, see it the Thunder would be interested in a trade of Kendrick Perkins for Charlie V and the Ukraine. The Thunder may be interested, as it will allow them to get out of Perkins' contract a year early and provide them with a Stretch-4 and cheaper solution (the Ukraine) at the Center position, which their roster can really use. And, besides the Thunder are tired of Perkins' personality. On the other hand, Perkins would make a great option for US, as a back-up Center. Note: The Thunder are looking to draft Steven Adams, 7' Center out of Pitt with their #12 Pick.

Let: Calderon, Maggette, Maxie, Will B., and English walk and "let the knob hit them, where the good Lord split them".

Then WE roll with the following:

PG- Stuckey, B. Knight, Ray McCallum
SG- KCP, Allen, Middleton*
SF- Josh Smith, Singler*
PF- Moose, Jerebko*
C- Dre Drummond, Perkins

*Either one of these three guys can see back-ups minutes at the SF position, depending upon the match-up.

Oh, here is video of KCP.

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty MCW

Post  WTF Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:32 am

merc wrote:Don says "How can you tell that he will be a good defender in the NBA?"
The answer to this question would be all three major draft sites and my own eyes.

I think Don's love for Knight has him blinded about the possibility of any PG being drafted Burke included. There's only one thing that gives me pause about MCW succeeding at the next level and it's pumping in his chest.

I had fully expected him to cause Burke much problems at least offensively in their match up during the tourney and he seemed to passive offensively. I recalled Burke blocking him twice and picking his pockets a couple of times. I don't think he's physically not capable at the next level just will he have the heart to play at the next level. I would still draft him #8 as an alternative to Burke.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Sad Off Topic: The Secretary of Defense Dies!!!

Post  WTF Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:56 am

Oracle wrote:I never saw him play, but from the films, he was a BAD MOFO on the field!!!

FORUM - Page 22 060313-Defensive-Tackle-Deacon-Jones--LA-PI_2013060401471281_660_320

I did see him play and he was a beast.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty My predictions

Post  deusXango Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:53 am

Why would he do that? $8.5M/year to put the teams back against the wall? No thanks.

I agree with NO.

I hope not!

Obvious NO!

The team needs a young, traditional, pure PG more than anything else; one that plays defense.

Question #6: Who specifically does he sign as FA (name 3 with most likely to occur first)? Kamen and Allen and Mayo
Smith, Allen and Jack.

Question #7: What coach does he choose? Mo Cheeks (great with guards and has always been successful...and classy)
Cheeks is flying under the radar, itching to get back into the head chair, is wiser, and a historical eastern conference player/coach. Go Mo Cheeks.

Question #8: Does a trade this summer involve CV and/or Stuckey? No, but will occur at trade deadline
No. No one wants CV (even with an expiring contract) and he's going to give Stuckey every opportunity to be re-signed to another contract in the "D."
Question #9: Does a trade this summer involve Knight and/or Monroe?[/b] No
I sincerely hope not.

Question #10: Will there be a draft-day trade by the Pistons? yes, but not one that will be memorable
If it is, we'll remember; we always do, albeit, for the wrong reasons (they tend to suck!).
Stones, that was a great Q & A that you put together; it got the juices flowing.

Last edited by deusXango on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Go Stones Here Are My Wise Predictions

Post  WTF Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:32 am

Question #1: Does Joe D resign Calderon? No Calderon will opt for some place better like NY now that Kidd has retired.

Question #5: What position does Joe D draft? A PG or PF if trade with Dallas occurs

Question #6: Who specifically does he sign as FA (name 3 with most likely to occur first)? Allen, Smith I don't think he'll sign more than 2 FA's

Question #7: What coach does he choose? Mo Cheeks will likely be the choice, I think everyone else will price themselves out of the job.

Question #8: Does a trade this summer involve CV and/or Stuckey? Yes that will be part of a sign in trade scenario that lands us Smith

Question #9: Does a trade this summer involve Knight and/or Monroe? Possibly but more likely Monroe than Knight

Question #10: Will there be a draft-day trade by the Pistons? Yes I can see that trade for Marion happening on or prior to draft day.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Great idea!!!

Post  Sebastian Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:52 am

Question #9: Does a trade this summer involve Knight and/or Monroe? No

Go Stones!, these are all decisions that the organization is currently faced with and each one has a time-sensitive variable.

The scary thing about any of these predictions/decisions is that it isn't what WE would like to happen, but what Joe and Gores may decide to do. Yeah that's real scary.

I will submit my predictions, later, but I do agree with your numbers: 2, 3, 4, 7, and 10.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Predictions...let's have a contest...

Post  Go Stones! Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:27 am

Question #1: Does Joe D resign Calderon? Yes, for ~8.5M/year

Question #9: Does a trade this summer involve Knight and/or Monroe? No

Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Sad Off Topic: The Secretary of Defense Dies!!!

Post  Oracle Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:02 am

I never saw him play, but from the films, he was a BAD MOFO on the field!!!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty More MCW

Post  Oracle Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:59 am

"In less than one month, 60 of the world's top prospects will become rookies at the 2013 NBA draft. With more uncertainty at the top than in any draft of recent memory, however, there are questions as to which players are worth a top-10 pick.

No matter how many times you hear he's a risk, one of the safest and most deserving options is Syracuse Orange point guard Michael Carter-Williams.

For those unfamiliar, Carter-Williams is one of the most impressive physical specimens we've seen at point guard in recent years. Not only is he athletically gifted, but Carter-Williams has the body type to dominate his position.

Carter-Williams stands at 6'6" and 184 pounds with a 6'7" wingspan.

This isn't the first time we've seen a point guard enter the draft with intriguing physical gifts. A prime example is Tony Wroten Jr., who possesses a similar build at 6'5" and 205 pounds but eventually went 25th overall to the Memphis Grizzlies.

The difference here is that Carter-Williams' size is accompanied by abilities that are in place and ready to be honed to a strong level."
- Michael Carter-Williams Deserves to Be a Top-10 Pick in 2013 NBA Draft

The Bleacher Report goes on to say,

"The fact of the matter is that Carter-Williams is the best facilitator in this draft class—and it isn't even close.

Carter-Williams can run an up-tempo offense and find both spot-up shooters and slashers with precise passes. In the half court, he is an elite pick-and-roll distributor due to his ability to make passes via his 6'6" frame that the average point guard cannot execute.

To let those abilities go to waste due to concerns over a coachable trait is rather senseless.

Shooting the basketball isn't a physical gift, such as foot speed or leaping ability. Instead, it's a trait that Carter-Williams can work on and improve to a level at which it is no longer a weakness.

LeBron James, Kawhi Leonard and Rajon Rondo are prime examples of what a strong work ethic can do for a poor jumper."

Last edited by Oracle on Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Check it out

Post  deusXango Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:09 am

No one is totally satisfied with any one of the coaching candidates; Bill Laimbeer should be in this mix of the unwanted.

There is talk of needing veteran interior defense and rebounding; what's wrong with Josh Smith again?

What do we do with the #8 pick? Use it on the BPA of course.

Shawn Marion doesn't want to come to a non-contender? We got by with Corey Maggette sitting on the bench all year; give us #13 and that expiring contract.

If the Pistons started the season starting Drummond, Monroe, Smith, Middleton, and Knight, would that be considered tanking the season? Just do it!!

Right here, right now, we are led by some dumb asses; Tom Gores is rich but...Joe Dumars is a HOF player and championship GM but... facepalm
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty MCW

Post  merc Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:57 pm

Don says "How can you tell that he will be a good defender in the NBA?"
The answer to this question would be all three major draft sites and my own eyes.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Phil Jackson can kiss my...

Post  Oracle Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:56 pm

He's whining ... oh please get this "David" off my Goliath Ass!

Look Phil, Big Ben didn't need no magic to turn Shaq Around... explain this away!!!

FORUM - Page 22 Nba_a_wallace_395

Or just view the video... Gores, where is your arse!!!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Pacers best fit the "C" word

Post  Oracle Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:51 pm

Well, there are two "C: words that they fit, but I'll be kind and just call them Chokers!

I mean big time Chokers!

At first I thought maybe it's inexperience, but that can't describe what's going on!

They're the big guys, and they playing like a bunch of the other "C" words!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Pick #8: MCW, not ...

Post  Oracle Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:45 pm

Seb, Don has some valid questions, but your Livingston comparison is just plain bad at two levels.

First it's bad to compare college players to existing NBA players to the point that you conclude that they are them! How do you get there?

Second, the comparison reeks in every area, including body type! Outside of the fact that their height is close and they both play the same position(which could be said about a million players), their games are polar opposites!

If you say you have a "feeling", that could barely pass, so that's what I'm making of what you're saying, lol!

Good Luck Pacers!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Good luck Indiana Pacers!

Post  cool breeze Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:50 pm

Will the Pacers get crushed in this big game? The odds are against them. But I am so happy that they made it a 7 game series. Is Labron tired from carrying his team? Did he injure his ankle in game 5 to the point that this could be a factor? All Michael Jordon fans seem to think that Michael was somehow a better player than James. One thing I respect relating to both men is that they are driven players willing to get themselves in incredible physical condition knowing that accepting pain and hard work will pay off. Like him or not, I think that Labron James is a monster basketball player that nobody can contain when he wants to take over a basketball game. And he is a fantastic defender. How is it possible that a guy that big could be that athletic? Still if Indiana can stay out of foul trouble and keep the game close, they have a great shot tonight. It would be so sweet to see Miami go down.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:30 pm

merc wrote:I'm starting to warm up to this kid... he plays good D with solid lateral foot movement... his length gives him a chance to see the whole floor... shooting from range?... this league is full of guys that came into the L and improved... his advantage is that his shots won't be challanged.
I'm giving him a nod as a strong possibility... especially being paired with BK.

Mercury doesn't it matter to you that MCW played ball at Syracuse which is a place where skill players have a very difficult time making it in the NBA? How can you tell that he will be a good defender in the NBA? That is the one thing that kills kids who play for Syracuse because all they play is zone defense. In all other programs but Syracuse, coaches only play zone defense when they have inferior defensive players on their team at a particular cycle. No coach likes to play it because a good team can beat the zone. When Daye played at Gonzaga, coach Few had to use the zone because of Daye's weak defensive skills. They didn't go far with the zone that year because Daye still looked weak playing in the zone. Of course our Management team for the Pistons never thought of that weakness at all before drafting him. What I can't understand is how anyone could believe that MCW can make the transition to the NBA and start at point guard in his rookie year. This guy is about 3 years out of being able to play at that level if he ever does. He has a weak offensive game and has no confidence in his outside shooting. In short, he will be easy to defend at the pro level. But some of you have penciled him in as a starter while moving Knight to the 6th man role. Sorry dX and others but that is nonsense. The coach, whoever he is will play who is believes are the best players and MCW would not be in that group. Again, Detroit needs better players at other positions. We need bigger players and we need a proven vet point guard like Collision who has been through many wars at the NBA level. Then we need a proven shooting guard who can get 20 points almost every night. With an athletic 2 guard who has skills like Paul George, Knight will become an outstanding starting point guard. I suggested T. Evans. I would draft either Muhammad who is a skilled shooting guard who might be a real sleeper even though he has a few mental problems. Just take the medication please if they draft him. But I see this guy as someone who cannot be stopped on offense because he has a complete offensive game. His defense shouldn't hurt the team either. If that is not an option then I would draft the best big man available. I like the Indiana team. They are big. We have been small for too long. Again, if MCW is the best the Pistons can do then we are in big trouble for another season. I expect Middleton and Singler to play better at the 3 position next season. But there is still a big weakness with our bigs and shooting guard. I am confident that Knight will beat out any of the rookies in this draft next fall even Burke. Burke will have a lot to learn just like Knight. What many of you are not thinking about is that there is a huge learning curve for young players to learn the point guard spot. You are going up against some really good players 3 times a week or more. It can take 3 to 4 years to learn how to play against those players. And the fact remains that the biggest weakness this past season was lack of rebounding on the defensive end. So what in hell is going to change there without some new blood? I am not confident that Drummond will solve all out problems in that area. That is way too much pressure for this young guy. My guess is that he will be in foul trouble most of the time next year and will so a big jump in improvement the following season. Right now Detroit needs more athletic proven vet players to fill out this team. I hope that Joe Dumars at least can see the light.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Pick #8: MCW, not ...

Post  Sebastian Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:45 pm

deusXango wrote:What's the problem anyone has with BK7 becoming the 21st century Vinnie Johnson? Vinnie didn't possess the elite PG skills many PG's of his day had (much like BK7 today), and was too short (like BK7) to be a full time SG, even though he was a relentless scorer (like BK7 can become); Vinnie impacted the game as the third guard and was every bit as important to the Pistons back-to-back championships as those years MVP's were. I know many will have a problem with that statement, not because it's untrue, but because they're dead set on Knight becoming a starting PG for the Pistons, which is a waste of time; he has too much talent to be re-molded at this stage of his career. Knight doesn't need to be our starting PG; he's an unique offensive weapon that the Pistons are fortunate to have, I just wish that he's used properly.

There's a growing support for Michael Carter-Williams, and the more I think of it, he should be the #8 pick; the knee-jerk reaction to start Knight in the backcourt with MC-W is to be avoided at all costs because ultimately that would do more harm than good. If Middleton won't be given a chance to start at SG alongside MC-W, then sign a FA who has length and shooting ability who plays defense; good luck with that one.

When our third guard off the bench has the quickness and speed of Knight, stands 6' 3" and is capable of shooting the lights out on any given night, the Detroit backcourt will become a unit to be reckoned with; we don't need Stuckey, Bynum, or Calderon around any longer to gum up the works, not even as a fourth guard! I'm so sorry that fans can't see what I see and that's Knight being twice the player coming off Detroit's bench than he can be as a starter; under no circumstances should he be traded!!

FORUM - Page 22 Barkel10
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Knight

Post  deusXango Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:48 pm

What's the problem anyone has with BK7 becoming the 21st century Vinnie Johnson? Vinnie didn't possess the elite PG skills many PG's of his day had (much like BK7 today), and was too short (like BK7) to be a full time SG, even though he was a relentless scorer (like BK7 can become); Vinnie impacted the game as the third guard and was every bit as important to the Pistons back-to-back championships as those years MVP's were. I know many will have a problem with that statement, not because it's untrue, but because they're dead set on Knight becoming a starting PG for the Pistons, which is a waste of time; he has too much talent to be re-molded at this stage of his career. Knight doesn't need to be our starting PG; he's an unique offensive weapon that the Pistons are fortunate to have, I just wish that he's used properly.

There's a growing support for Michael Carter-Williams, and the more I think of it, he should be the #8 pick; the knee-jerk reaction to start Knight in the backcourt with MC-W is to be avoided at all costs because ultimately that would do more harm than good. If Middleton won't be given a chance to start at SG alongside MC-W, then sign a FA who has length and shooting ability who plays defense; good luck with that one.

When our third guard off the bench has the quickness and speed of Knight, stands 6' 3" and is capable of shooting the lights out on any given night, the Detroit backcourt will become a unit to be reckoned with; we don't need Stuckey, Bynum, or Calderon around any longer to gum up the works, not even as a fourth guard! I'm so sorry that fans can't see what I see and that's Knight being twice the player coming off Detroit's bench than he can be as a starter; under no circumstances should he be traded!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparma Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:40 am

I agree that that's a remarkable pre-draft read, Oracle, especially for a player who had just one college season under his belt.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:08 am

Introduction: Well, a lot of what we have seen about Knight was already known before we drafted him.

"Brandon Knight finished just outside of the top-10 in a number of different metrics and mustered an impressive 10 reps on the bench considering his extremely wiry frame. Knight is an interesting athlete, looking more explosive in settings like these than he does on the floor at times. It will be worth watching how his quickness translates to the next level and what it allows him to do off the dribble, as that will be a huge key in how efficient a scorer he can become in the NBA." - From Draft Express Combine Results

We know that there is no guard in the draft, Burke included with the speed and quickness Knight possesses! He's an underrated athlete that will only get better as he matures.

However, there is additional information that has proven to be the case, and a point that repeatedly gets brought up here.

"High ability level and great scorer, can fill it up from all over the floor. A true lead guard, is very comfortable taking over the game with the ball in his hands. Knight can take it off the dribble and finish at the goal, he can pull up mid range or from deep, or score in transition. Knight has great quickness, and good strength and overall athleticism to do a lot of things, also comes with a great shooting touch so he doesn’t need a lot of separation to get off a good shot. Since he is so dangerous he is also able to get good looks for his teammates and put up the assist numbers of a pg. He has great conditioning and an abundance of confidence.

I compare him similarly to Oj Mayo with a better reputation of character. He has great competitiveness and confidence, and a natural scorer first, pass second player. Like Mayo, Knight’s scoring ability has not allowed him to develop true pg abilities, also he has not worked off the ball enough to be a true sg and doesn’t have the ideal height for that position either. There is no doubt Knight’s scoring abilities can translate to the NBA at either guard position, but like Mayo, he may have a difficult time finding an NBA team willing to give him the freedom he is used to. I can see him being a Gilbert Arenas (in his prime) superstar, or a shoot first pg that struggles to find his nitch like Mayo. He could assert himself better in the league by committing to be a very good defender, and he has the athleticism to do so. Although his aspirations may be higher, but Knight could be a dynamic 6th man that comes in to take over the game in spurts like a Jason Terry or Jamal Crawford."
- 2011 Draft Profile - Brandon Knight

Conclusion: I have to say that profile NAILED it on BK7! The underlined part is as true then as it is today, but the difference is that I think that once BK7 realizes that he has to accentuate some different skills at the NBA level, he will become a better PG, the question is how good a PG will he become.

Either way, DX(props to you) sees him as a 6th man, and that may be where he lands, but the one thing I see is that he can be an impact player, he just needs to figure out what position to do that from!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next