Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
WTF
Phil-Good
merc
deusXango
Murph
Fennis Dembo
Go Stones!
Sissy1946
lemonpen
13 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Head in the sand?

Post  Oracle Sun May 18, 2014 6:26 pm

Wise, you don't think knowing how stupid the owner is isn't news?

This was critically important news and any Piston fan should be glad it came to light, so that hopefully our owner is shamed and will think better in the future!

It took his friend(Izzo) to force him into doing the right thing! Don't you get it, he had to be forced!!!

What if it hadn't been Izzo?

We were staring down another disaster, possibly worse than Dumars(in recent years), and some people don't think that's news???

Ok, we've been dissed in the past, but you can't let that color everything that's said to the point that legitimate information is viewed like a media conspiracy!

BTW, what should bother ALL of us is the way Gores was all over SVG's jock! That sh!t just isn't normal, and leads to unrealistic expectations!

Gores appears to have a fall in love quickly for odd reasons problem, and falling out of love quickly when he finds out that his lover farts like a normal human!

This guy is a bit strange, and I do think we dodged a bullet!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty DAMN! DAMN! DAMN!

Post  WTF Sun May 18, 2014 5:14 pm

SVG or any other NBA coach would have been better choice than either Izzo or Beilen and I'm a huge fan Beilen. But again mute point since Gores hired SVG already.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty A. Gordon has the mindset to become a super star.

Post  cool breeze Sun May 18, 2014 5:04 pm

This guy hates losing at anything. His mind works the opposite way of most of our players. He will never settle for middle of the road. Notice his stats at the Chicago combine. Guys like Wiggins skipped this event but Wiggins decided to show his jumping ability just to show off. Meanwhile the players at the combine had been busting their asses in various drills and played some basketball for several hours before being tested especially for the standing jump test. Gordon jumped over the top maker earlier. Unless Gordon has some horrible injury, he is going to come in like Steven Adams has done this year. Gordon has outstanding foot work and never stands around. He is a mover setting screens, and boxing out. As the youngest player in the draft, Gordon is going to be something special once he gains 20 to 30 lbs. Mark my words, Gordon is going to be a super star in the NBA. He can already defend 100% better than any of our current Piston players. And he is quick enough to defend point guards. You will see him make his mark on defense in his first season and then he will work endlessly and become a great offensive threat from the outside and inside.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Fu@k The Media and Their Rumors Damn Evertything Isn't News

Post  WTF Sun May 18, 2014 5:02 pm

I swear this is why the media gets on my fu@king nerves. Who gives a sh!t what coaches were considered its not fu@king news and neither relevant since SVG was already fu@king hired. Always looking for controversy where there need to be none, why can't they just jump on board with what has been done. SVG is the man now. Fat Joe is gone and whomever didn't get the job for whatever reason doesn't fu@king matter.

Really wouldn't it just be nice to go into this new era of Pistons Basketball with out of the rumor bullsh!t and talking heads speculating on the roster and all the other sh!t that comes with it. I wouldn't mind all the talking heads yapping if they actually knew what the fu@k they were talking about half the damn time.

SVG wipe the slate clean of Joe Dumars perception of things at least wait until there a real picture of what his plans are. No more bullsh!t
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Sun May 18, 2014 4:55 pm

deusXango wrote:Tom Izzo was offered the same deal that Stan Van Gundy received? An untried pro coach or GM, was approached first? With all due respect to Izzo, we came out of that smelling like a rose!

A note to all loyal Pistons fans: Why would the national media start running stories like this on our new regime? It's almost like nationally, the hype is always going to be a dressed up negative about whatever Detroit does that would give our fans (basketball) hope. Read the national rags with caution.
Izzo would have been a huge mistake for Detroit. And I agree with others who believe the national media always wants to show something negative relating to the Pistons. Are some of the people in charge still pissed off about the Bad Boys? Will all Piston fans be sent off to concentration camps in the future if Van Gundy turns this franchise around? Good to play with a chip on your shoulder Piston players. But I still recall when Zeke tried to wake up the fans this spring during the Bad Boy celebration. The fans didn't help Thomas out because they knew the current players play with no edge because Charlie V was their leader and he believed that losing was not about the team's talent. They are so talented that it is not necessary to work up a sweat. Stan is going to give a lot of our players a one way ticket out of town before next season is over.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Fear and Loathing on the Draft Combine

Post  Fennis Dembo Sun May 18, 2014 3:56 pm

On the NBA Draft Combine, it had information about each team. One of the categories was Notable Free Agents. I noticed that Charlie V's name was missing, which sent a chill down my spine. Did the team owe him another year? Then I realized that if you only play twenty games in a season and you weren't injured, you aren't considered notable anymore. Then I got aggravated thinking that Dumars might as well have flushed thirty million dollars down the toilet. Let's hope that is all behind us and better days are ahead.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Stuckey

Post  Oracle Sun May 18, 2014 3:37 pm

"This is the "new day" for Rodney Stuckey, and I really wish him well in all of his life's endeavors, but his career is half over and he's still pretty much the same player the Pistons drafted. Ball hogging, head down charging to the basket, YEOW!, type player." - DX

IMO, that speaks more to the incompetence of Pistons Management and Coaching than to Stuckey.

While Stuckey deserves some blame, he never got the career development help he needed, but he's one of many this Dumars administration has destroyed!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty If it's true...

Post  Oracle Sun May 18, 2014 3:30 pm

deusXango wrote:Tom Izzo was offered the same deal that Stan Van Gundy received? An untried pro coach or GM, was approached first? With all due respect to Izzo, we came out of that smelling like a rose!

A note to all loyal Pistons fans: Why would the national media start running stories like this on our new regime? It's almost like nationally, the hype is always going to be a dressed up negative about whatever Detroit does that would give our fans (basketball) hope. Read the national rags with caution.

No, we're not smelling like a rose, we're just smelling!

If that's true, we actually dodged a major bullet! The media is right to expose Gores for such a dumb move, but give Izzo credit, he was smart enough to save his friend from his dumb ass self!

If it's true it's not the national media being negative, it's just the truth, and you shouldn't fear that!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Talk about a bargain!!

Post  deusXango Sun May 18, 2014 12:56 pm

Tom Izzo was offered the same deal that Stan Van Gundy received? An untried pro coach or GM, was approached first? With all due respect to Izzo, we came out of that smelling like a rose!

deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Dumars and Stuckey...joined at the hip

Post  deusXango Sun May 18, 2014 11:19 am

It seems like an eternity that I've raged against the direction Dumars was unsuccessfully trying to steer this franchise in, with Stuckey as the face of things to come; hopefully it's all over. At the peak of his powers, Chauncey was traded for an aged, and broken down Allen Iverson...we finally settled on the excuse, "it was for his expiring contract." WTF were we thinking?! He resigned Billups the year before, and resigned Rip that year, but all of a sudden we needed to break up an All-Star backcourt for CAP relief? Remember how that sent shock waves through the team at the time? Even though we had two All-Star guards in our backcourt still, Stuckey somehow managed to be instigated in the mix...second year, unproven, #15 pick, from non-descript Washington State! Quickly, when was the last time Washington State produced an NBA All-Star? Anyhow, it was a given that Stuckey was going to be one of the starters, no matter what, and Joe reasoned that traditional PG's were "a thing of the past" and many believed that sh!t...now traditional PG's are back in vogue. PG after PG were ignored in the draft, confusion reigned in our backcourt year after year (Iverson, Hamilton, Gordon, and the giving away of Afflalo still baffles knowledgeable fans), and the teams record steadily plummeted, before settling on 29 win seasons. Joe Dumars presents the Rodney Stuckey Show! Is Joe delivering mail, on latrine duty, or tied up in the basement of the Palace awaiting proper punishment? He's been quiet as a church mouse during the hoopla of the Stan Van Gundy hiring as both coach and head of basketball operations...wouldn't it have been classy to have chimed in with some congratulatory remarks? Maybe he left SVG a box of Crispy Creams on the desk, which are more than likely in the trash can by now.

This is the "new day" for Rodney Stuckey, and I really wish him well in all of his life's endeavors, but his career is half over and he's still pretty much the same player the Pistons drafted. Ball hogging, head down charging to the basket, YEOW!, type player. He never averaged 20 points for us, or passed for at least 7 assists, nor did he control and direct our offense with any team oriented effectiveness, but he could show his ass (and get away with it) and make his free throws...half his points came off made free throws. He has a young son and soon to have a new bride, that's a sign he's maturing as a human being, and I'm happy for him, but I wonder what his next contract will look like and what role will he play on a different team? Has his game evolved enough for him to play as prominent a role on an upcoming or team in contention as he did in Detroit? Like I said, I wish him well, but I'd also like to see what he does elsewhere.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Jimmer Feredette

Post  cool breeze Sun May 18, 2014 10:42 am

Who will pick this guy up in free agency? His biggest weakness is defense but I believe he is a better defender than any of our current point guards. And this guy can shoot the lights off. He was drafted on the wrong team. Detroit needs more consistent outside shooters. Fredette can be picked up for a reasonable amount of money. This guy might be one of the sleepers in free agency. I see him coming off the bench and bringing instant offensive punch.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Jo Dumars left the Pistons in bad shape and that is what I will remember

Post  cool breeze Sun May 18, 2014 10:22 am

Watching the draft combine, I couldn't help but reflect on what has happened relating to the vision Dumars had for the Pistons in his last 5 years. He had no vision. Meanwhile, I watched an interview during the combine with the Phoenix Suns GM, Ryan McDonough. This guy is on top of things. He has a vision. First off, the Suns were supposed to be at the bottom of all teams in the Western conference this season. Instead the Suns missed the playoffs by one game. Ryan has 3 number one draft picks in this high quality draft. And I believe the team as 2 or 3 first round picks next year. But Detroit might miss out in the first round thanks to Joe Dumars bogus trade involving Ben Gordon. 

One last comment about this draft. I stand by my opinion that Nick Johnson is going to be one of the biggest sleepers in this draft. He was the MAN at Arizona over the past two years. Everyone who follows the PAC12 knows that but somehow the media in the East coast ignore west coast players. Johnson is a basketball player and he has been one of those guys who has always raised his level of play when he needed to do it. There is a huge difference between NBA players and college players as several experts pointed out. A lot of players are athletic and Nick Johnson is one of the most athletic players in this draft. But how competitive are these players in this draft? How do they approach the game on a day to day basic? How hungry are the players once they sign their contracts? I guarantee that Nick Johnson is one of those guys who never quit. He wants to show his uncle who is looking down at him from above that he can follow in his footsteps and become a great NBA player. I can't help but pull for guys like Nick Johnson who no way should be listed in the 2nd round of this draft. I suspect that the Suns will pick him up in the first round.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Cross Roads for B.Jennings

Post  Phil-Good Sun May 18, 2014 4:08 am

I don't know guys. We always look towards the draft but it's no guarantee we keep that 8th pick. Remember when we fell back to 9th with Andre Drummonds? we were sitting at #8 record wise. it's too easy to fall back in the NBA draft.

we will see what happens in the Draft Lottery in two days. CROSS YOUR FINGERS!!!!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sun May 18, 2014 1:30 am

WISEFAN wrote:
cool breeze wrote:I hope some of you watched the Thunder in this last close out game. The Thunder players are extremely athletic and smart. But Steven Adams is amazing for a big guy who is only 20 years old. Right now today, Adams is light years ahead of our two big men, Drummond and Monroe in terms of foot work and all the fundamentals of the game which does by the way include boxing out. Boxing out and lack of the correct foot work is a real problem that our two young bigs have to overcome. Adams is in fantastic physical condition. I never caught him resting. He was always in motion setting picks or being physical in the paint like Laimbeer of old. How in hell did the Thunder management steal this guy? Hats off to that smart management team. I expect that Stan Van Gundy will be doing the same thing in coming years. We need smarter players who love to out work opponents. He will make sure he signs fundamentally sound players like Adams in the future. 

One last comment about that game. Kevin Durant is a true super star. He doesn't need the officials helping him out. I think that Labron is also a superstar but something smells with the officiating in every Heat game since he arrived in Miami. He fouls a lot and is never in foul trouble. He made a clear four at the end of the last game that was ignored which would have tied the game if the victim had a chance to shoot the foul shots. Nobody seems to want to talk about that foul.

Don I was watching both Adams and Collinson and thinking to myself why can't our big play this way?  My thinking is OKC might be better off against the Spur without Ibaka with these 2 guys.   Those guys do play smart, and hard and I wouldn't mind having either one on out team.  Remember Adams whipped on Moose's ass twice this season.
Wisefan you are right I forgot that Adams did kick ass and take names against the Piston big men. He is 20 years old and perhaps Collision has helped Adams because they have a similar style. If Van Gundy is watching Piston game film of our big men being out smarted and out played by young players like Adams, then he will know that it is not going to be easy getting Monroe and Drummond up to speed on the defensive end. Adams is an effective player on a good playoff team right now. He somehow won playing time on that team and showed everyone that a young big man can avoid sitting on the bench if he is fundamentally sound. His footwork is amazing. He never stops moving his feet and he knows all the angles and spacing. Another player did that same thing years ago and his name was Tim Duncan. I watched his team get beat in the NCAA tournament by Stanford but came away thinking Duncan is going places because he played so fundamentally sound always thinking on the court. Always tying to box out or set screens. As a fan it is just fun to watch players like Adams. I wish him good luck and hope he keeps improving. One thing is certain, Monroe cannot run the court like Adams. They have different strengths and weaknesses. I prefer to watch Adams. He plays the same way giving max effort every game. He is prepared unlike out guys. But perhaps Van Gundy will insist that his players come prepared to play next season. That is my biggest knock on our players. It seems that most of the players didn't spend much time thinking about what they wanted to accomplish before the games started. We fans said to ourselves, what the hell is this? Can this really be our team? I have no idea how Van Gundy can be successful with the current players. He must know that.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Stauskas blows up!

Post  Oracle Sun May 18, 2014 12:22 am

2nd in lane agility blows away the not athletic theory!

Nik Stauskas displays athleticism at NBA draft combine, says he's proving doubters wrong

Sadly, he may not be there for us to nab Sad
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Zeke and Stauskas

Post  deusXango Sat May 17, 2014 5:47 pm

Wise, with all due respect, I believe that drafting Nik Stauskas with #8 (if we keep that position) will turn out better than Trey Burke last year. We need an efficient shooter, with size, now more than a PG (undersized)...we've got an innovative coach and our head of basketball operations is heads & shoulders above what we had last year at this time. Stauskas is that combo guard Stuckey wished he could be, and is going to surprise many NBA fans; I'll be disappointed if we pass on him......................................................side bar: I'd really be jumping with joy if we could land Stauskas and Levine.

Since SVG's presser, I've been thinking along the lines you mentioned (bringing The Captain and Laimbeer back into the fold) and it would appear that we're on our way to establishing the type legacy a storied franchise, such as ours, rightfully deserves. It's beginning to appear that Tom Gores does in fact have the fans best interest at heart (no matter where he resides) and Joe Dumars was a fool during his last days...sad state of affairs.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Zeke and Staukas

Post  WTF Sat May 17, 2014 9:48 am

I'm hoping Zeke gets minority ownership of the team, that would be beautiful and well deserving I think. Just having his name associated with the team is a benefit for the team and the city IMO. Things are looking up for this team.

Stauskas would love to be in a Pistons uniform much in the way Burke wanted to last draft so I hope the Pistons make that happen. If SVG wants a shooter then Stauskas is it.

I bet Joe feels like a big dummy with the pending minority ownership going to Zeke as his ass is on the way out. How beautiful would it be if Laimbeer ended up as part of SVG staff or better yet SVG new General Manager. Seeing the 2 guys he often left out of the picture now playing major roles for the team.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Adams and Collison

Post  WTF Sat May 17, 2014 9:27 am

cool breeze wrote:I hope some of you watched the Thunder in this last close out game. The Thunder players are extremely athletic and smart. But Steven Adams is amazing for a big guy who is only 20 years old. Right now today, Adams is light years ahead of our two big men, Drummond and Monroe in terms of foot work and all the fundamentals of the game which does by the way include boxing out. Boxing out and lack of the correct foot work is a real problem that our two young bigs have to overcome. Adams is in fantastic physical condition. I never caught him resting. He was always in motion setting picks or being physical in the paint like Laimbeer of old. How in hell did the Thunder management steal this guy? Hats off to that smart management team. I expect that Stan Van Gundy will be doing the same thing in coming years. We need smarter players who love to out work opponents. He will make sure he signs fundamentally sound players like Adams in the future. 

One last comment about that game. Kevin Durant is a true super star. He doesn't need the officials helping him out. I think that Labron is also a superstar but something smells with the officiating in every Heat game since he arrived in Miami. He fouls a lot and is never in foul trouble. He made a clear four at the end of the last game that was ignored which would have tied the game if the victim had a chance to shoot the foul shots. Nobody seems to want to talk about that foul.

Don I was watching both Adams and Collinson and thinking to myself why can't our big play this way? My thinking is OKC might be better off against the Spur without Ibaka with these 2 guys. Those guys do play smart, and hard and I wouldn't mind having either one on out team. Remember Adams whipped on Moose's ass twice this season.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty B. Jennings' Game to a "T"

Post  Sebastian Sat May 17, 2014 9:25 am

Phil1980boy wrote:When it comes to B.Jennings his carer is about to go two ways. Up or Down. The cross roads of his career is right here, right now. Changer your style or become A journey man.

When I go down the street to play basketball or to the recreation center to play A pick up game I see guys who play like Jennings all the time. Really good, nobody can stop this guy, he too fast to defend, he takes really bad shots but they go in. Two dribbles-pull, splash! This guy is so good, he reach and steal the basketball from anybody he defending. Everybody try to pick him up because you know you going to win and stay on the court longer.

Now let's say I'm coaching A team in A real high school or college basketball game. I don't want B.Jennings on my team. If I'm A real basketball player I don't want to play with Jennings. Everything that make him A great street ball player can make him A bad organized basketball player. Bad shot selection, poor defender, always gambling for  steals, poor jump shot mechanics, dribble the life out of the basketball, can't really run plays, too much 1 on 1, bad attitude, poor leader at the PG position, can't take control of his team on the floor or off the floor. Every man for himself attitude.

B.Jennings is so mixed up. He will have A 14 assist game and say in the paper. "I'm thinking too much." I did not have A good game because I only scored 9pts but he had 11 or 12 assist. Street ball mentality.

Jennings is A skill kid but It might be best to move on from this guy. Too much reprogramming needs to be done.

Phillip your summation of B. Jennings' game is on point (100%), but who can WE get to take him off of OUR hands. There aren't really any of the other 29 teams that need him or that will be willing to add him to their rosters. All the other 29 teams' starting point guard situations are pretty much set and squads like the Lakers and Knicks want take him because they are far over the cap (Lakers and Knicks) or he doesn't fit their planned scheme going forward (Knicks).

Maybe, the Pacers would be interested, but Jennings can't guard the position which would be a paramount requirement mandated by Frank Vogel.

The Kings maybe looking for a PG, but they would probably rather resign Isiah Thomas for less money and truth be told Thomas is a better player than Jennings.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Jennings, Smith, and Moose going forward. All of Van Gundy's praise at his press conference of Moose may had been a marketing ploy to raise the value of a potential sign-and-trade deal.

Some player movement that has yet to occur will need to happen, before a B. Jennings trade can materialize, because as things are now it will be practically impossible to move B. Jennings. Damn!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty A possible trade to get rid of Josh & Jennings?

Post  WTF Sat May 17, 2014 9:18 am

Oracle wrote:Deron Williams wants out of Brooklyn, should Pistons want in?

Oh BTW, please don't let DX & Wise see this stuff  lol

Talk about having a Diva and a choke artist! Something happen with Deron Williams I just can't put my finger on but here my concerns.

1. I didn't like the power struggle he had with Sloan that led Sloan to quit followed by Deron bouncing to Brooklyn shortly after. 2. His big choke show he pulled in the series against the Heat and now he's not happy playing for his boy and mentor J. Kidd.

I wouldn't do it if he came cheaply because he doesn't have the heart and will it seems.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty PG

Post  deusXango Sat May 17, 2014 8:44 am

If we could somehow pry the 9th pick away from Cleveland, it'd be a real coup to draft Stauskas and Lavine...a guard corps of Stauskas, Lavine, KCP, and Siva would be far better than average. Bye, bye Jennings, Chauncey, and Bynum...Chauncey can stick around and learn as much as he can on the inner workings of the front office, but the ball hogs can keep it moving.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty WOW

Post  deusXango Sat May 17, 2014 8:35 am

Phil1980boy wrote:When it comes to B.Jennings his carer is about to go two ways. Up or Down. The cross roads of his career is right here, right now. Changer your style or become A journey man.

When I go down the street to play basketball or to the recreation center to play A pick up game I see guys who play like Jennings all the time. Really good, nobody can stop this guy, he too fast to defend, he takes really bad shots but they go in. Two dribbles-pull, splash! This guy is so good, he reach and steal the basketball from anybody he defending. Everybody try to pick him up because you know you going to win and stay on the court longer.

Now let's say I'm coaching A team in A real high school or college basketball game. I don't want B.Jennings on my team. If I'm A real basketball player I don't want to play with Jennings. Everything that make him A great street ball player can make him A bad organized basketball player. Bad shot selection, poor defender, always gambling for  steals, poor jump shot mechanics, dribble the life out of the basketball, can't really run plays, too much 1 on 1, bad attitude, poor leader at the PG position, can't take control of his team on the floor or off the floor. Every man for himself attitude.

B.Jennings is so mixed up. He will have A 14 assist game and say in the paper. "I'm thinking too much." I did not have A good game because I only scored 9pts but he had 11 or 12 assist. Street ball mentality.

Jennings is A skill kid but It might be best to move on from this guy. Too much reprogramming needs to be done.
Phillip, that was a well stated summation of our current starting PG...two great posts on our most pressing need and I hope to God that SVG fixes it.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Cross Roads for B.Jennings

Post  Phil-Good Sat May 17, 2014 4:17 am

When it comes to B.Jennings his carer is about to go two ways. Up or Down. The cross roads of his career is right here, right now. Changer your style or become A journey man.

Now let's say I'm coaching A team in A real high school or college basketball game. I don't want B.Jennings on my team. If I'm A real basketball player I don't want to play with Jennings. Everything that make him A great street ball player can make him A bad organized basketball player. Bad shot selection, poor defender, always gambling for steals, poor jump shot mechanics, dribble the life out of the basketball, can't really run plays, too much 1 on 1, bad attitude, poor leader at the PG position, can't take control of his team on the floor or off the floor. Every man for himself attitude.

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty D. Williams

Post  Phil-Good Sat May 17, 2014 3:05 am

[quote="Oracle"]Deron Williams wants out of Brooklyn, should Pistons want in?

Oracle. I was thinking the exact same thing. Could D.Williams do anything in Detroit? I'm about to take A look at his contract real quick.

Deron Williams: $19,754,465 $21,042,800 $22,331,135

NA. It will not work. Drummonds will be due for A salary jump and Williams contract is old school, NBA before the salary cap. Hell no.

I do like these guys.

1. Greivis Vasquez. Free Agent from Toronto.

2. Exum in the 2014 NBA Draft

3. Marcus Smart

4. Kyle Anderson from UCLA.

Just A few names.

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Sheed

Post  Sparma Fri May 16, 2014 10:46 pm

I'm guessing Sheed stays, Cool Breeze. He didn't seem to make much difference to our big guy defenders last year. I'm expecting Josh, Monroe, and Drummond all to elevate their defensive games this year. SVG's got the leverage to impel better defense. In the case of Drummond there seemed to be some confusion along with poor positioning -- Sheed can help with that, but those aren't problems that will disappear any time soon. It's a shame that Sheed's remembered for a defensive fiasco against SA, when in general he was such a master of defensive positioning along with our other Wallace. What I hold against him is that he largely kept to the outside offensively even though he had such an array of inside moves along with a nearly unstoppable jumper. I suppose getting beat up by giants three times a week creates an aversion to living on the inside, especially if you love your outside shot.

Back to defense: without underestimating the importance of technique, experience, and smarts on defense, particularly team defense, it's well understood that much of defense consists of effort. I expect the team to do better in that area next season, not because SVG is a defensive wizard on par with Sheed, but because he controls the minutes as well as the shape of the roster.

Let me be the first to say that in 3 years cool-headed President Stan may be looking to replace hothead coach Stan. I'd love it if someone like Billups could be groomed to step in when the time comes. My guess is that Sheed doesn't make it past assistant, even though he may deserve to.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum