Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
Sparma
merc
Phil-Good
deusXango
lemonpen
cool breeze
WTF
Oracle
Sebastian
13 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Abnormal

Post  Sparma Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:54 pm

Throwing a baseball 100 mph is abnormal. There's an unfortunate ambiguity regarding "abnormal." On the one hand, it designates a statistical aberration in a neutral way; on the other, in our culture it often connotes something suspicious or inferior. If only those two senses could be consistently separated. Apart from that possibility, speaking of something as abnormal invites confusion, ordinarily unnecessarily.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Giannis Adetokoubo

Post  Phil-Good Wed May 01, 2013 1:05 am

Keep your eyes and ears open for this kid Piston fans. Giannis Adetokoubo

I read something on Detroit news and after looking at the film this kid could be the steal of the draft.

Go look him up on nbadraft.net

This guy could be something special after A few seasons of development. This is why Joe has to get another draft pick on top of the 3 they already have.

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Prince comes alive on the road...

Post  Oracle Wed May 01, 2013 2:23 am

IMO, the Grizzlies are the best team in the playoffs(now that OKC is crippled), and are capable of beating the Heat in the finals!

As one of the announcers mentioned after the Grizzles beat the Clippers last time. Once defensive teams figure you out, it's all but over! We've seen that all too many times with our great defensive Piston teams!

The game isn't over yet, but I'm pretty sure that the Grizzlies will win this one, and take the Clippers out!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Abnormal

Post  Oracle Wed May 01, 2013 2:42 am

Sparma wrote:Throwing a baseball 100 mph is abnormal. There's an unfortunate ambiguity regarding "abnormal." On the one hand, it designates a statistical aberration in a neutral way; on the other, in our culture it often connotes something suspicious or inferior. If only those two senses could be consistently separated. Apart from that possibility, speaking of something as abnormal invites confusion, ordinarily unnecessarily.

Sparma, your post is Abnormal(just a joke) Smile

Ok, I'm not trying to argue, but I really can't figure out what you were trying to accomplish, and I can't make heads or tails out of it.

First, you start out comparing abilities of a creature with the base functioning of a creature! Extra ordinary abilities are NOT equivalent to what the creature is designed to do. You can't throw at 100 MPH if you don't have arms! If you don't have arms, that's not normal for a human!

Side Note: BTW, I know one thing about humans. We have one and only one function to perform on this planet, and that is to reproduce... nothing else matters(I have a proof if anyone is interested)

Then you try to say that people can get this confused? Well, that's hard to do, but let's suppose you think it's possible, which leads me to this!

Secondly, when I made the statement, I left no doubt about what I meant by abnormal, I DETAILED what was abnormal specifically to leave no doubt! I didn't really do that because I thought anyone could get confused, I did that because of the political situation surrounding the subject.

I know there was some intent in your post, you're too intelligent to put that out there without something that I've missed!

But I have missed it, so if you feel this warrants further discussion, just let me know!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Wed May 01, 2013 2:56 am

Don says "But then maybe he didn't shower because the locker room was loaded with gay players and he feared something might happen. It seems that he had to fight off the women everywhere he went so why would things change with gay men if they got a peak at Wilt's body day after day when he changed out of that dirty uniform? It appears that a lot of women like men who smell so why wouldn't that be the same with gay NBA players?"

Once Women start entering the league they can share the shower with the Gays... no threat there... unless of course she is Gay scratch
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Wed May 01, 2013 3:00 am

Oracle wrote:Ok, here's my hope!

McMillian interviews today and they announce something before the Hunter interview making his trip here not necessary!

Then McMillian increases our chances of getting LaMarcus Aldridge!

Ok, I can dream can't I? Smile
Hmm, that could work
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Two good reads!

Post  Oracle Wed May 01, 2013 6:24 am

This for obvious reasons is of interest, but surprisingly, this guy gives some insight on McMillian when he was in Portland that I don't think any of us were aware of! Turns out that McMillian isn't as perfect as we like to think!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

This one is interesting on a lot of levels. It runs through almost all of the FA's and guesses at what team should take them and why. They're off a lot, and for Detroit, they slam BK7 saying that we should replace him with Jennings, but even the slam of BK7 is factually wrong! Anyway, there was a lot of other interesting stuff.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty How good was Prince?

Post  Oracle Wed May 01, 2013 6:56 am

"But it was Prince, perhaps poetically, given the still existent catcalls about the Grizzlies missing Rudy Gay's late-game scoring, and whose offense had been MIA until Game 4, who ultimately kept a Clippers' comeback at bay. Three times, in the last five minutes, when the Clippers threatened, it was Prince who answered: A 21-footer when the Clippers drew to within seven. Then a cut and lay-up off a Randolph feed when the Clippers had pulled to within six. Finally, the clincher — a 27-foot elbow-extended three-pointer at the 1:29 mark, when the Clippers had cut the Grizzlies lead to five and the outcome seemed legitimately in doubt. " - Memphis Flyer

Of course Irony is a BITCH!!!

In July, 2009, the Los Angeles Clippers traded Zach Randolph to the Memphis Grizzlies to make way for Blake Griffin.

Ouch!!!!!!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Brave?

Post  Murph Wed May 01, 2013 8:56 am

Seriously, how brave was it to come out of the closet at the very tail end of his career? It's not as if he had anything to lose. Brave would have been coming out at the beginning or in the prime of his career.

And how brave was it to string his fiance along for 8 years, before he suddenly broke of their engagement, right before they were supposed to get married? 8 years???!!! Um...I'm thinking he should have told his fiance he was gay a little sooner than that.

Brave is certainly not the word I would use to describe Jason Collins. I think "chicken-spit" would be more appropriate.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Brave?

Post  Sebastian Wed May 01, 2013 1:24 pm

Murph wrote:Seriously, how brave was it to come out of the closet at the very tail end of his career? It's not as if he had anything to lose. Brave would have been coming out at the beginning or in the prime of his career.

And how brave was it to string his fiance along for 8 years, before he suddenly broke of their engagement, right before they were supposed to get married? 8 years???!!! Um...I'm thinking he should have told his fiance he was gay a little sooner than that.

Brave is certainly not the word I would use to describe Jason Collins. I think "chicken-spit" would be more appropriate.

Piston Pals: I submitted a comment at PistonPowered, earlier this week within the thread of comments associated with the Jason Collins announcement that he is a homosexual.

In the comment that I submitted, I wrote something to the affect that one must be somewhat heroic, if he is a participant in an act of sodomy. A funny thing happen, the post was removed.

One of my arguments with the pro-gay/homosexual/bi/transgender campaign that is heavily supported by the various forms of media is that in regards to male-on-male sex, no one wants to discuss the disgusting mechanics of the form of intercourse that is performed. These dudes go into each others asses with their penises. They even place their penises into the other mouths. Oh yes, Piston Pals, it is gross and disgusting what is done. It is what makes them gay/homosexual/bi/transgender.

But, you want hear any of this form the parade of pro-gay/homosexual/bi/transgender provocateurs.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Please Not While I'm Eating

Post  WTF Wed May 01, 2013 2:33 pm

Sebastian wrote:
Murph wrote:Seriously, how brave was it to come out of the closet at the very tail end of his career? It's not as if he had anything to lose. Brave would have been coming out at the beginning or in the prime of his career.

Piston Pals: I submitted a comment at PistonPowered, earlier this week within the thread of comments associated with the Jason Collins announcement that he is a homosexual.

In the comment that I submitted, I wrote something to the affect that one must be somewhat heroic, if he is a participant in an act of sodomy. A funny thing happen, the post was removed.

One of my arguments with the pro-gay/homosexual/bi/transgender campaign that is heavily supported by the various forms of media is that in regards to male-on-male sex, no one wants to discuss the disgusting mechanics of the form of intercourse that is performed. These dudes go into each others asses with their penises. They even place their penises into the other mouths. Oh yes, Piston Pals, it is gross and disgusting what is done. It is what makes them gay/homosexual/bi/transgender.

But, you want hear any of this form the parade of pro-gay/homosexual/bi/transgender provocateurs.

Too Funny Sebastian but I guess whatever floats their boats.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Back Up Plan To Plan A (Burke)

Post  WTF Wed May 01, 2013 2:39 pm

Ray McCallum Detroit Mercy 6-3 Junior if he's available in 2nd round we should grab him quickly.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Thanks Murph!

Post  Oracle Wed May 01, 2013 4:05 pm

I didn't know about this!

This is shocking, and needs to be know to the wider audience! Collins is hardly brave, IMO!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Warning: Slightly dirty joke

Post  Oracle Wed May 01, 2013 4:06 pm

A kid asks his father for help on a writing assignment. "Dad, can you tell me the difference between potential and reality?"

His father looks up thoughtfully and says, "I'll demonstrate. Go ask your mother if she would sleep with Robert Redford for a million dollars. Then go ask your sister if she would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars. Come back and tell me what you've learned."

The kid is puzzled, but asks his mother. "Mom, if someone gave you a million dollars, would you sleep with Robert Redford?"

"Don't tell your father, but, yes, I would."

He then goes to his sister's room. "Sis, if someone gave you a million dollars, would you sleep with Brad Pitt?"

She replies, "Omigod! Definitely!"

The kid goes back to his father. "Dad, I think I've figured it out. Potentially, we are sitting on $2 million bucks, but in reality, we're living with two sluts."
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed May 01, 2013 6:37 pm

Oracle wrote:

I didn't know about this!

This is shocking, and needs to be know to the wider audience! Collins is hardly brave, IMO!

You are right Murph. The main stream media loves this type of story while they ignore the soldiers who are still fighting and dying to protect a drug dealer who is being paid millions of dollars so he won't take money from Iran. Everyone should read "Legacy of ashes" which is a non fiction book about the history of the CIA. This book exposes how stupid our political leaders and their advisers really are which includes those from both political parties. The truth comes out in this book because the facts don't lie and there it is in print showing all of the de classified documents from the 1950s to 2006. Suit cases full of money unaccounted for and allegedly given to political leaders who hate us just disappears with no positive result for our country. A friend of mine lost his son in Afghanistan. Did any of the people who are keeping the Collins story alive ever read "Where Men Win Glory" by Jon Krakauer which is the story of a real American hero Pat Tillman who gave up a professional football career to serve his country? Political leaders sent him into a foolish war where politicians decided the rules of engagement and the result was that he died from friendly fire. Is the Collins story a diversion planted by our fearless leaders to take attention away from what we really should be thinking about. What would happen if Iran gained influence in Afghanistan? As if they don't already have a lot of influence there. Somehow since we have been in that country, their exports of hard drugs as greatly increased. Stop giving away our tax money to corrupt foreign leaders and get our troops home now! That is what the mainstream media should be discussing but our media is much like the old USSR Provda publication so we get tons of intel about Jason Collins and the difficult life he has had. This stuff that is being pushed on us by the media will backfire. The best thing the media could have done was ignore the Collins press conference. This is not a news story worthy of anyone's attention.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed May 01, 2013 6:55 pm

Oracle wrote:"But it was Prince, perhaps poetically, given the still existent catcalls about the Grizzlies missing Rudy Gay's late-game scoring, and whose offense had been MIA until Game 4, who ultimately kept a Clippers' comeback at bay. Three times, in the last five minutes, when the Clippers threatened, it was Prince who answered: A 21-footer when the Clippers drew to within seven. Then a cut and lay-up off a Randolph feed when the Clippers had pulled to within six. Finally, the clincher — a 27-foot elbow-extended three-pointer at the 1:29 mark, when the Clippers had cut the Grizzlies lead to five and the outcome seemed legitimately in doubt. " - Memphis Flyer

Of course Irony is a BITCH!!!

In July, 2009, the Los Angeles Clippers traded Zach Randolph to the Memphis Grizzlies to make way for Blake Griffin.

Ouch!!!!!!!!

Good one Oracle! I was so happy for Prince. He couldn't make a shot earlier but notice how the coach had Prince bring the ball up the court to start the offense. That is what some of us were asking for years ago when Prince was in his prime. He made a great cut seeing the opening for a dunk too in that game. Prince also deflected a lot of passes and shots. This team is a perfect fit for Prince. What is funny though was some of our Piston fans actually believed that Prince was the problem for the Piston team before he was traded. No Prince was forced to do too many things because his teammates on the Detroit team sucked and especially the big men and guards inability to play average defense. Also Billups was a non factor in this last game but he still has a presence on the floor. He knows how to react to all situations. That is what is lacking by vet players on the current Piston team. Charlie V, Stuckey and other players who have been around for awhile just haven't retained much mentally given the amount of playing time that they have experienced on this second rate club. The Grizzlies could cause a lot of damage before they are finished. They play the best defense. Dumars most likely will not notice that and will hire Hunter to be the next feel good coach.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed May 01, 2013 7:07 pm

Oracle wrote:Ok, here's my hope!

McMillian interviews today and they announce something before the Hunter interview making his trip here not necessary!

Then McMillian increases our chances of getting LaMarcus Aldridge!

Ok, I can dream can't I? Smile

Oracle it appears that the Piston management is in no rush to hire a new head coach. Why? McMillian is going to get a lot of offers. The Pistons have had 3 horrible coaching staffs in a row. You would think that Joe Dumars couldn't sleep at night knowing that McMillian might take another job. Or maybe he has told Joe he doesn't want the job after looking over the players Joe has under contract. I sure could get excited about Aldridge as well. Laimbeer or Thomas cannot get an interview for the coaching opening but Hunter does get an interview. It appears the Joe Dumars is not on good terms with either Isiah or Bill these days. Maybe this is because they have talked some tough love with Joe telling him he needs to lose at least a 100 lbs. if he expects to be around to be able to go to work. I know that was a low one on my part but damn Dumars needs to get his weight down. I worry about him.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Don is hard on Big Men... with good reason!

Post  Oracle Wed May 01, 2013 8:45 pm

But here's the reason why!

“I don’t know if crossroads is the right (word) but there’s definitely a level you have to play at right now that is much different,” Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro said. “He has a much different responsibility now. He understands it. I haven’t seen the consistency that I like. He hasn’t seen the consistency he would like….

“I didn’t see him controlling the game the way I thought he needed to, and at that stage you have to go with someone you feel can,” Del Negro said….

“Defensively, offensively, being a threat out there on the glass, using his length, athleticism,” Del Negro said. “But it’s up to him to get out there and earn his minutes and work through anything that’s thrown at him during the game.”
- Vinny Del Negro on DeAndre Jordan

Here is a case of a big man who is athletically off the charts, but hasn't master one fundamental principle of playing basketball at his position!

Don, thanks for always bringing this up with respect to Drummond and Monroe! While neither of them is as bad as Jordan, they both need to keep learning to get to the level we all hope they will attain!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Wow, if this doesn't do it....

Post  Oracle Wed May 01, 2013 8:55 pm

This should be fighting words for game 6 if you're Jordan!

"When asked what the key has been for taking DeAndre Jordan out of his game in Memphis, Lionel Hollins responded, "What is his game?"" - Hollins

Not enough for ya? How about this,

"Lionel Hollins on holding DeAndre Jordan to two rebounds: "Nobody holds anybody to two rebounds. You either get them or you don’t get them."" - Hollins
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Marc Gasol

Post  Oracle Wed May 01, 2013 9:04 pm

"“Defense isn’t only two or three guys,” Gasol said. “It takes five to play really good defense. If all five aren’t engaged we’re going to have a weak link and they are going to attack that. Everybody knows they have to be engaged on defense. If not, they cannot play on this team.”" - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

The Pistons need that attitude!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed May 01, 2013 11:26 pm

Oracle wrote:"“Defense isn’t only two or three guys,” Gasol said. “It takes five to play really good defense. If all five aren’t engaged we’re going to have a weak link and they are going to attack that. Everybody knows they have to be engaged on defense. If not, they cannot play on this team.”" - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

The Pistons need that attitude!!!

Yes Oracle! From that statement you can bet that Gasol would not allow many of the Piston players Joe Dumars has signed to play on his team. What happened to Joe Dumars after Detroit lost to Boston at the Palace in that Final 4 game before he blew up a winning team? He must have lost it mentally and forgot how his own Piston team that won two championships played the game. He not only broke up a good team but changed the Pistons entire philosophy. He rid the team of all of the good defenders other than Prince. He brought in a jerk in Iverson who no Piston fan could like. Then the final insult was when he drafted Daye and gave away Affalo and Budinger while signing Gordon and Charlie V. Could Gasol identify with those moves? Did anyone in the league except Joe believe that Stuckey could replace Billups as a leader? Stuckey has never been a leader type. He doesn't hate losing. Joe never considered how Stuckey, Iverson, Gordon or Charlie V played defense. Isn't that remarkable? I have said it a thousand times as others have as well. But still it is difficult to believe that any GM in their right mind would put together a team like that if they cared at all about the future of the Pistons. Maybe Dumars is on the right track now but he sure has caused a lot of damage. If Dumars is around when the Pistons become respectable again, I will be in a pleasant state of shock.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty I try to keep an open mind when it comes to Smith but did anyone see how he got the technical tonight?

Post  cool breeze Wed May 01, 2013 11:51 pm

dX I know you love this guy and want him to play for the Pistons. For sure I would like to see him play rather than Charlie V or Maxiell. But any GM will have to worry about Smith's ability to act like a grown up. He is a extremely moody individual who cannot keep control of his emotions. Will he settle down? Who can help him grow up? He can be a nightmare for coaches as well as fans at times. He will demand a lot of money. He wants to play small forward but has he shown that he can hit the outside shot at the end of games? How well does he play in crunch time? Will he teach the young guys like Drummond bad habits. Detroit could be a good situation for him because of Monroe and Drummond. dX you must know something about this man that I don't know. Maybe you are thinking that the team has nothing to lose anyway and maybe you are right. Unless Monroe and the guards become better defenders and the same group remains, Detroit will never get into the playoffs even as an 8th seed. But the positive is that this team is so young and inexperienced and they haven't played together as a team for very long. Knight greatly improved his defense by working on it last summer. It appears that he is the only player who did that last summer. If you were a reporter for the Detroit News, wouldn't you be trying to find out what the players are doing right now? Are they working hard everyday to improve or are they taking a lot of time off and maybe playing golf. Which players want to play on a winning team and are doing something about it right now? How much losing can they take? How sick is it to play at the Palace with the seats empty like they were this past season? Then you look at the Thunder and see those fans fill the place where that team plays. How does Gores feel or anyone feel after they have started or bought a business when only a few customers bother to come night after night?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty RE Wow, if this doesn't do it....

Post  Phil-Good Thu May 02, 2013 1:18 am

Oracle. Those are not fighting words. Those are the words of truth! Jordan is A 1 trick pone . Dunk and jump on twitter and talk about it.

I have never seen him do A clean drop step move. Or A smooth low post move. He A DUNKING BUM!! lol

Like I said when he made that dunk over B.K.7. Let's see who has the better career long term.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Sampson being considered

Post  merc Thu May 02, 2013 9:40 am

Per CBS sports "The Pistons are pursuing Sampson and McMillan, the former Trail Blazers coach, sources said. Team president Joe Dumars has long admired McMillan, and owner Tom Gores is taking a leading role in the search. "He's looking to put his stamp on this one," a person familiar with Gores' approach said."
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty CBS Sports huh?

Post  deusXango Thu May 02, 2013 10:31 am

merc wrote:Per CBS sports "The Pistons are pursuing Sampson and McMillan, the former Trail Blazers coach, sources said. Team president Joe Dumars has long admired McMillan, and owner Tom Gores is taking a leading role in the search. "He's looking to put his stamp on this one," a person familiar with Gores' approach said."
Merc, I know it's his team and he has the right to do whatever he wants but, didn't he "put his stamp" on the last one? Joe doesn't need any help to make a fool of himself; maybe the Pistons should be looking for a new GM in which case I'm throwing Bill Laimbeer's name out there again! Bring on Bill Laimbeer as GM/coach until such time as a viable coaching candidate can be hired.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next