Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
Sparma
merc
Phil-Good
deusXango
lemonpen
cool breeze
WTF
Oracle
Sebastian
13 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Drugs are surely involved...

Post  Oracle Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:41 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
deusXango wrote:"Detroit Pistons Jason Maxiell Continues His Amazing Season" reads the headline for Rant Sports...is this an amazing season for a starting PF by anyones standards? I'm actually afraid to read this article, for fear of being subjected to some super scientific subliminals. Damn!!

I'm not reading that Sh!t either

It takes some strong stuff to hallucinate Maxiell having an amazing season!

But hey, it may help Maxy get his next gig...
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Wise

Post  Oracle Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:47 pm

You are out numbered, and that pains me when I respond, but know that we all love you, so take it like the man that you are, LOL!

Here is some info for all who are interested, but Flip may have arguably had a better bench than the last finals apperance.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Draft

Post  Oracle Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:57 pm

Don, we don't have a rats chance in hell of getting Shabazz Muhammad! That site you went to has him going 6th, but everywhere else has him going as high as #3!

We are going to have to lose HARD to get that 6th spot, but if we're really bad, and we are close, we could even have a shot at 5,

Which means that Wise is going to see just how fast we can pass on Burke, LOL! I haven't found a mock draft that even has him in the lottery!

However one had Glenn Robinson III going a couple slots before, which I can only partially understand, but Burke is, IMO, the better player, but size is a factor.

Burke might even slip to the 2nd round if he doesn't have a GREAT Final Four run!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty HEY!!!!

Post  WTF Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:02 pm

Oracle wrote:Don, we don't have a rats chance in hell of getting Shabazz Muhammad! That site you went to has him going 6th, but everywhere else has him going as high as #3!

We are going to have to lose HARD to get that 6th spot, but if we're really bad, and we are close, we could even have a shot at 5,

Which means that Wise is going to see just how fast we can pass on Burke, LOL! I haven't found a mock draft that even has him in the lottery!

However one had Glenn Robinson III going a couple slots before, which I can only partially understand, but Burke is, IMO, the better player, but size is a factor.

Burke might even slip to the 2nd round if he doesn't have a GREAT Final Four run!

That's an very old draft listing...like from the start of the NCAA season. I wouldn't go by that kisting.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Game about to start but...

Post  Oracle Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:11 pm

One thing that continues to bother me is the lack of communications from the Pistons organization to the fans, and the complete erectile dysfunction of the Detroit Media to dig for info!

Most just wind up guessing about stuff that they should be able to go to Joe and ask, but Joe never says anything, except "hey, Frisbee me another jelly".

If I was the press, I'd just make up an answer and if they didn't like it, then correct it!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Rodney "I can't get no respect" Stuckey

Post  Oracle Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:14 am

Is kicking arse and taking names!

A whole bunch of "and ones", and Bynum is looking good too.

Either blaha or Kelser mentioned that Monroe was having trouble finishing because of a ankle problem. I don't remember when that happened.

But Bynum is also having a ankle problem, but he's fighting through it.

Also flipping over to watch Prince on NBATV!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty It was the height of stupidity

Post  Oracle Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:11 am

For Frank to force Stuckey out of the starting lineup and put Singler in at the SG!

I'll never understand that!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Good game!!!

Post  Oracle Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:29 am

We did what we had to do, especially since the Cavs lost, we competed and we lost!

Monster numbers for Stuckey(32) and Bynum(23)!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:33 am

Oracle wrote:We did what we had to do, especially since the Cavs lost, we competed and we lost!

Monster numbers for Stuckey(32) and Bynum(23)!
Ok... kinda like we suck hind titty but we looked like professionals doing it.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Drummond

Post  merc Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 am

When a reporter does his research and backs it with facts/stats he deserves props... well done Vince Ellis.
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Rodney "I can't get no respect" Stuckey

Post  deusXango Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:22 am

Oracle wrote:Is kicking arse and taking names!

A whole bunch of "and ones", and Bynum is looking good too.
Stuckey scores 32, the Pistons lose by 11. Great game by Rodney, sorry it came in a loss. Sooo late in the damn season for a performance like this is why I don't want him on the team! Not the edited microscopic view of Stuckey but, the totality of what he's meant to the Pistons overall is why I can't respect him or his game.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Grizz

Post  Sparma Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:48 pm

Where is Grizz to accept his accolades for pointing out the rough ten game patch that was about to begin? What a loss to the forum! Temporary, I hope.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty MIXED EMOTIONS

Post  deusXango Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:42 pm

"Detroit Pistons Like It When Rodney Stuckey Attacks Basket" Pistons fans don't particularly like it when Stuckey attacks their hopes and expectations with inconsistant play....those unsuccessful finishes at the rim not withstanding.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty The proof keeps on coming!

Post  Oracle Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:42 pm

In the article on the side about the Pistons grade for the season so far, they write this,

Detroit Pistons

Grade: F

The injury to Andre Drummond does not remove how terrible this quarter was for Detroit. There's no reason this team shouldn't have made a push for the No. 8 seed. The talent is there. They've just played terrible and lost games they should and shouldn't win. The Pistons just unraveled in the third quarter.

The talent is there is the operative statement for what and where our problem lies!

I know the talent is there, and if that's the case, you can only look at a failing coach that was incapable of harnessing that talent to create a 8th seeded team in a conference this weak!

I hate bashing Frank, there's no upside to it, but when his failure gets thrown into your face on a daily basis, it's hard to shut up!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Sweet Brown: How to get caught in a fire and...

Post  Oracle Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:29 pm

Become an internet sensation! She isn't broke anymore, LOL! But I like her saying because it applies to Frank. "Ain't nobody got time for that!" BTW, this is not a fake, it was a real news story.

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Hey Wise, those in the know...

Post  Oracle Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:21 am

Can see what you and a few others are struggling to see about Frank! NBA Scouts who get to see a lot, have noticed what's wrong even though they are not likely to come out and say Frank's name!

Frank has been a disaster for this team, and there's a nice little piece in the DetNews that demonstrates it, here's an excerpt.

"Considering where this team lies — and falling faster than the aforementioned roller coaster to the bottom of the Eastern Conference — one can't help wondering if Stuckey's career-worst season is the main culprit for the Pistons' fortunes.

It's seemingly been a quiet struggle of philosophies between Stuckey and head coach Lawrence Frank. Stuckey is more effective with the ball in his hands, while Frank put Stuckey in a different role to start the season, one in which Stuckey hasn't found a way to maximize production.

One can surmise the situation reached critical mass of sorts earlier this season, leading to Stuckey's one-game suspension — a mark in a season of frustration, to be sure.

"If there's a handbook for dealing with Stuckey, the one thing you don't do with Stuckey is what was done, and that's why this team is where it is," a scout told The News recently. "When you look at this team's talent, they have more than enough to compete for a playoff spot, and a lot of us are puzzled as to why it hasn't happened."
Despite the regression in Stuckey's numbers — career lows across the board, including taking nearly three 3-pointers a game, a telling stat if there ever was one — Hill said Stuckey has improved in his decision-making and recognition."
- [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Fire Lil Larry

Post  Murph Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:37 am

Oracle wrote:Can see what you and a few others are struggling to see about Frank! NBA Scouts who get to see a lot, have noticed what's wrong even though they are not likely to come out and say Frank's name!

Frank has been a disaster for this team, and there's a nice little piece in the DetNews that demonstrates it, here's an excerpt.

"Considering where this team lies — and falling faster than the aforementioned roller coaster to the bottom of the Eastern Conference — one can't help wondering if Stuckey's career-worst season is the main culprit for the Pistons' fortunes.

It's seemingly been a quiet struggle of philosophies between Stuckey and head coach Lawrence Frank. Stuckey is more effective with the ball in his hands, while Frank put Stuckey in a different role to start the season, one in which Stuckey hasn't found a way to maximize production.

One can surmise the situation reached critical mass of sorts earlier this season, leading to Stuckey's one-game suspension — a mark in a season of frustration, to be sure.

"If there's a handbook for dealing with Stuckey, the one thing you don't do with Stuckey is what was done, and that's why this team is where it is," a scout told The News recently. "When you look at this team's talent, they have more than enough to compete for a playoff spot, and a lot of us are puzzled as to why it hasn't happened."
Despite the regression in Stuckey's numbers — career lows across the board, including taking nearly three 3-pointers a game, a telling stat if there ever was one — Hill said Stuckey has improved in his decision-making and recognition."

That's a pretty damning article toward Lil Larry, and how he handled Stuckey. And in fact, I can't remember the Detroit News ever publishing an article like that...taking the side of a player over a coach. In fact, the local papers have been pretty loyal toward all the Pistons coaches, right up until the day they were fired. For example, The Detroit News and all the other local papers even sided with John Kuester during the disasterous 10-11 season that saw Rip benched for two months, and the subsequent player mutany and suspensions. Kuester

And where the heck is Lil Larry anyway? It's kind of convenient that he can take off the last two months of a disasterous season that he created...to avoid even more blame. Talk about leaving Brian Hill holding the bag.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Mr.Gores: Please Pay Up For A Good Head Coach

Post  Murph Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:08 am

Dear Mr. Gores,

You already spend something like $60 million a year on your Pistons payroll. Paying up to hire a proven winner as a Head Coach, such as Nate McMillan or Avery Johnson (I've given up on Bill Laimbeer or Jerry Sloan), is a very cost effective way to help maximize your $400 million investment in the Pistons and Palace Entertainment Holdings.

For example, a $5 million a year investment in McMillan's or Johnson's salary could help turn the Pistons into a winner and a wildly profitable franchise, that would re-pay the increased salary many times over.

Sincerely,

A Concerned Fan

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Meltdown

Post  Murph Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:21 am

So not only did Lil Larry's season begin with a disasterous 0-8 start, but it's ending disasterously as well. Currently, we've lost 20 out of the last 27 games (.259 winning percentage), including many blow-out losses. Lil Larry and his coaching staff have clearly lost this team.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty The proof keeps on coming!

Post  WTF Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:49 pm

Oracle wrote:In the article on the side about the Pistons grade for the season so far, they write this,

Detroit Pistons

Grade: F

The injury to Andre Drummond does not remove how terrible this quarter was for Detroit. There's no reason this team shouldn't have made a push for the No. 8 seed. The talent is there. They've just played terrible and lost games they should and shouldn't win. The Pistons just unraveled in the third quarter.

The talent is there is the operative statement for what and where our problem lies!

I know the talent is there, and if that's the case, you can only look at a failing coach that was incapable of harnessing that talent to create a 8th seeded team in a conference this weak!

I hate bashing Frank, there's no upside to it, but when his failure gets thrown into your face on a daily basis, it's hard to shut up!

IMO I just don't buy into the talent being in place. I don't say this to defend Frank and regardless to who's coaching this team it's not a playoff team.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:54 pm

Murph wrote:
Oracle wrote:Can see what you and a few others are struggling to see about Frank! NBA Scouts who get to see a lot, have noticed what's wrong even though they are not likely to come out and say Frank's name!

That's a pretty damning article toward Lil Larry, and how he handled Stuckey. And in fact, I can't remember the Detroit News ever publishing an article like that...taking the side of a player over a coach. In fact, the local papers have been pretty loyal toward all the Pistons coaches, right up until the day they were fired. For example, The Detroit News and all the other local papers even sided with John Kuester during the disasterous 10-11 season that saw Rip benched for two months, and the subsequent player mutany and suspensions. Kuester

And where the heck is Lil Larry anyway? It's kind of convenient that he can take off the last two months of a disasterous season that he created...to avoid even more blame. Talk about leaving Brian Hill holding the bag.

For real Murph? The man wife was ill and had sugery. Sad Commentary!!!!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Ok...Can We Fire Frank NOW?

Post  Murph Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:04 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Murph wrote:

Wise...you're absolutely right. It was crass and insensitive of me to call for Lil Larry's termination while his wife was ill and undergoing surgery.

However, now that she's pulled through surgery and is on the road to recovery...can we fire him NOW?

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Yes You May

Post  WTF Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:06 pm

Murph wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:
Murph wrote:

Wise...you're absolutely right. It was crass and insensitive of me to call for Lil Larry's termination while his wife was ill and undergoing surgery.

However, now that she's pulled through surgery and is on the road to recovery...can we fire him NOW?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:51 pm

I don't think the talent is there yet... or the talent may be close to competing but they are too green... next year all excuses are out the window... I hope to not use the "T" word for another 10 years... give the Cats their pick and bring in some mature talent.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty SHABAZZ MUHAMMAD

Post  deusXango Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:02 pm

Not sold on this young man for us with a lottery pick; 19 years old with weight and conditioning problems? A one dimensional game? We need two lottery picks and he wouldn't be one of them...that's just me talking.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next