Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
Sparma
merc
Phil-Good
deusXango
lemonpen
cool breeze
WTF
Oracle
Sebastian
13 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:52 pm

deusXango wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:
deusXango wrote:I know that there are some posters who'll say, "there he goes again," and skip over this post but, sad as it seems, it may well be the truest post I've made lately; since Rodney Stuckey has been designated the face of the Pistons, the PG of the future, and given the ball by Joe and told that this was his team, the franchise has gone downhill ever since.

Big, strong, and fast have been the selling points for Stuckey to attack the basket, all while ignoring his team mates; the hype machine has over-stated his ability to out muscle opposing PG's going to the basket but, we almost never see him posting up other PG's, and he's never been a decent finisher at the rim. Where has his size helped him to see the floor better, leading to a high assist output? 6 years in with the majority of the time spent with "the ball in his hands," when is he going to average 20+ pts. per game? Damn being the second coming of D-Wade, when's he going to be another Deron Williams? When his team mates stand around watching him play his game (which has been sanctioned from on high), and average 16 pts. (the majority of which comes from the line), it's hard to establish an offensive flow. Hell we're talking about Knight sh!tt!ng or getting off the pot but, we're still waiting and hoping Stuckey comes around (unless you're George Blaha who thinks he's arrived); Knight was a lottery pick and Stuckey was a #15 pick! Where is the evidence that we got luckey and grabbed an elite player at #15?

Joe has not only cleared the deck for this man to be the focal point by trading the floor general and All-Star guard (Billips) for an expiring contract, we're told but, he gave away a far superior guard, with a defined position, sound work habits, and leadership qualities that we could have used in Aaron Afflalo. Neither Allen Iverson or Ben Gordon presented the element that Billips brought to the team, and Stuckey has been responsible for the logjam with our SG's and the main excuse for not going after a true and promising PG in the draft (Ty Lawson, Djrue Holiday, Darren Collison, etc.). The coaching hires have, IMHO, been "coaches" that would "toe the line" and play Stuckey prominately, even though it highlighted the fact that the teams roster was out of balance (which was blamed on Karen Davidson and the pending sale of the team), and we desperately needed a traditional PG. Joe shot his self in the foot and Stuckey was the gun that fired the shot.

Keeping it simple and stating a true fact; the Pistons record has gone down every year, in every area, since Stuckey's arrival.

No DX you can't have it every which way but loose Smile It all Lil Larry fault remember so you can't blame players
Wise, you're a hoot, you know that? lol
Barnum & Bailey ain't got nothing on the "Joe Dumars Traveling Clown Review."

Keep writing the truth dX. It never becomes dull to state the facts and you have done it again. How do people like Joe Dumars keep their jobs when executives in other fields have one thing go wrong and they are gone? Since John Hammond left the organization, Joe Dumars has made the most insane mistakes with players it is beyond belief that any owner could have confidence in his ability. He has drafted well in the last 3 drafts but that is not enough. The coaching hires, the give aways of proven players and the signing of real losers should get Joe a pink slip. How can we have any confidence that Dumars will sign the right players for the next season? And what will be done with the coaching situation?

The only bright spot is Detroit continues to lose ball games. Move higher in the draft. Please play Charlie V, Bynum, Stuckey, and Maxiell for a lot of minutes. That should do it regarding having enough loses to pull in a great draft pick.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty LIME GREEN JELLO SHOTS

Post  WTF Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:44 pm

lemonpen wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Dept Of Good News - Bad News: Good News being that the Pistons will end Miami's win streak, the Bad News is they're still a Sh!tty Team. Just another one of those gut feelings lol!

Off Topic: I swear befor it's all said and done I'll just be a NHL fan. WTF wrong with the NFL? I guess this is a attempt by owners to get those silly law suits off their backs, but this new RB Rule being voted on is makes no common sense. Although I think the NFL needs to invest more in helmet technology and safer lighter pads and body protection by no means can you blame them for what's always been a dangerously violent sport. Players know the risk coming in, it could be one play that could change their career or how they live out the remainder of their lives.

Hoosier: I would love to see the Wolverines win it all (It's Possible) but if not a Title by any of the Big Ten teams validates the entire conference. I think the Wolverines, Buckeyes, Spartans are a shoe in for the Elite 8, the Badgers may be there as well.

What was used to color your beer green. You've gone loco.

Maybe it's the Grey Goose
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty I'm beginning to really dislike Frank

Post  Oracle Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:49 pm

Ok, he blasted them once... but he keeps on doing it!

Somehow he's detached himself from his own team, and he has no responsibility, it's all THEM?

Why on Gods Earth would anybody on this team follow that dude into the bathroom, let alone into battle!

WOW!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty THE LIGHT SHINES THROUGH

Post  deusXango Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:07 am

Oracle wrote:Ok, he blasted them once... but he keeps on doing it!

Somehow he's detached himself from his own team, and he has no responsibility, it's all THEM?

Why on Gods Earth would anybody on this team follow that dude into the bathroom, let alone into battle!

WOW!
Oracle, more and more people who tried to support this man are beginning to see just what you are; he's junk! To the credit of his misguided supporters, it's a commendable trait to give the benefit of a doubt when you have no overwhelming evidence to the contrary. I just happened to remember his performance in Jersey, the way he was let go and his reaction then, and the fact that his name hadn't come up for a HC job until he showed up on our radar. After two rookie coaches, we get a new owner who made a rookie mistake (Joe should have selected the coach and if it was a bad choice, Gores could fire both coach and GM), now only Lil' Larry can be fired and Joe gets to live another day....sh!!!!t.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty AN OBSERVATION AND THOUGHT

Post  deusXango Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:40 am

I turned to NBATV tonight and guess who was pro panelists? Isiah Thomas and Rick Mahorn!!! Listening to those guys talk basketball and break down teams play (particularly those going into the playoffs) I was amazed at the fact that Joe hasn't sent out a call for his past comrades for coaching help, especially since Mahorn has been right here under his nose all along. Those two gentlemen know basketball, and could turn this young team around by teaching and motivating then to take on "Pistons pride."

Back in the day Chuck Daly always predicted that Mahorn would make quite a coach, Isiah and Laimbeer have shown, to a certain extent, that they are capable coaches; you see where I'm going with this? The Bad Boys rise again!! The mental toughness, playing within the limitations of your natural abilities and excelling, and playing with intelligence is what I see any of those past heroes bringing to the bench. None of them are worth a chance? A chance is too much to expect from those who put us on the basketball map? Oh, only Joe is worthy, huh?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:45 am

The team looks poised to snag a top 5 pick... but I think the schedules will favor the other lotto teams and we'll end up between the 6th - 8th pick (baring the lotto gods smiling on us)... if the choice was between Oladipo and Shabazz I wouldn't blink at taking the two way player in Oladipo... that's how much we need perimeter defense.... if neither player was available (assuming McLemore & Porter are off the board) I would consider dealing with the Bucks... our pick for Henson & their pick... using their pick for Burke.
This gives the Drummond / Monroe combo every chance to succeed... if it doesn't work we move Monroe by next years deadline for a top 5 lotto pick in next years strong draft.... Henson is indeed a light weight (yet only 5lbs lighter than Josh Smith) he defends and shoots with range... a nice compliment for Monroe when P&R defense is needed.... this leaves a lot of cash available for more moves.

Knight gets one year to see if he can become the facilitator this team needs... Burke takes over Bynum's role for now.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty GIVING STUCKEY A BREAK

Post  deusXango Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:57 am

Lil' Larry Frank, is the dumbest, most sh!t talking, and stubborn coach the Detroit Pistons have had. I base that statement and build my case on Jason Maxiell. Last year Lil' Larry played Maxiell over Vernon Macklin, who I believe would have made a big difference in the rebounding area if no where else, and the reason hinted at was Macklin was a late 2nd round pick. Whenever Macklin got in the game he never hurt the team (some people said he looked lost but, I didn't see it), and gave more proof than not that he deserved more PT. He was allowed to languish on the bench, and Maxiell was credited with the late season "turnaround." Not Monroe, not Knight or Prince but, Maxiell's play once installed in the starting lineup turned the trick. Balderdash!

Last year the Pistons recieved a rare gift in the lottery; from a mediocre position we caught Andre Drummond, who fell to us, as did Monroe and Knight the two previous drafts, and in no time it was apparent that #2-8 made a big mistake in not taking a chance on this guy; he grabbed the bench and was ignored in favor of Maxiell dominating the time played with Monroe. The lottery big man to compliment Monroe, consigned to play minimal minutes as his backup; if he was a mid to late 1st rounder, he would probably have been treated like Macklin, the difference being the excuse of "bringing him along slow." Why? What was the point? The majority of the time Maxiell was in over his head and Monroe was left out on an island alone (6' 6" Maxiell and light-in-the ass Prince weren't much help), leaving his athletic difficiences embarrassingly obvious. The decision to start Maxiell all season long has been a bad one, and whomever sanctioned Lil' Larry to continue to do that was wrong. It's been speculated that it was Joe's call, and if it was he may very well end up in David Stern's or Adam Silver's office about it.

Our centers played should have been:
Drummond/Kravtsov/Monroe
PF: Monroe/Villanueva/Maxiell
Kyle Singler never should have played SG, Jonas Jerebko should not have sat as long as he did, and Kim English should have played earlier in the year.

Speaking of English, why are we talking about Shabazz or McLemore in the lottery when we currently need a starting caliber SF in the lottery? English is a defender with a history of being an accomplished outside shooter, and Otto Porter Jr. is the "no-brainer" if we end up with the 3rd pick this year!! The man in charge of this is Joe Dumars, and I personally can't wait to see just what he does to put this team back on it's feet; if he doesn't fire Lil' Larry, trade Stuckey, or re-sign Calderon but, re-signs Maxiell for any reason, we'll know he's lost his mind and that's something that took place long ago. Any moves that he makes, other than those mentioned, won't make a difference, other than wasting the CAP money. Who can we replace Joe with? How about anyone that's sane.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Truth To Power

Post  Murph Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:34 am

deusXango wrote:Lil' Larry Frank, is the dumbest, most sh!t talking, and stubborn coach the Detroit Pistons have had. I base that statement and build my case on Jason Maxiell. Last year Lil' Larry played Maxiell over Vernon Macklin, who I believe would have made a big difference in the rebounding area if no where else, and the reason hinted at was Macklin was a late 2nd round pick. Whenever Macklin got in the game he never hurt the team (some people said he looked lost but, I didn't see it), and gave more proof than not that he deserved more PT. He was allowed to languish on the bench, and Maxiell was credited with the late season "turnaround." Not Monroe, not Knight or Prince but, Maxiell's play once installed in the starting lineup turned the trick. Balderdash!

Last year the Pistons recieved a rare gift in the lottery; from a mediocre position we caught Andre Drummond, who fell to us, as did Monroe and Knight the two previous drafts, and in no time it was apparent that #2-8 made a big mistake in not taking a chance on this guy; he grabbed the bench and was ignored in favor of Maxiell dominating the time played with Monroe. The lottery big man to compliment Monroe, consigned to play minimal minutes as his backup; if he was a mid to late 1st rounder, he would probably have been treated like Macklin, the difference being the excuse of "bringing him along slow." Why? What was the point? The majority of the time Maxiell was in over his head and Monroe was left out on an island alone (6' 6" Maxiell and light-in-the ass Prince weren't much help), leaving his athletic difficiences embarrassingly obvious. The decision to start Maxiell all season long has been a bad one, and whomever sanctioned Lil' Larry to continue to do that was wrong. It's been speculated that it was Joe's call, and if it was he may very well end up in David Stern's or Adam Silver's office about it.

Our centers played should have been:
Drummond/Kravtsov/Monroe
PF: Monroe/Villanueva/Maxiell
Kyle Singler never should have played SG, Jonas Jerebko should not have sat as long as he did, and Kim English should have played earlier in the year.

Speaking of English, why are we talking about Shabazz or McLemore in the lottery when we currently need a starting caliber SF in the lottery? English is a defender with a history of being an accomplished outside shooter, and Otto Porter Jr. is the "no-brainer" if we end up with the 3rd pick this year!! The man in charge of this is Joe Dumars, and I personally can't wait to see just what he does to put this team back on it's feet; if he doesn't fire Lil' Larry, trade Stuckey, or re-sign Calderon but, re-signs Maxiell for any reason, we'll know he's lost his mind and that's something that took place long ago. Any moves that he makes, other than those mentioned, won't make a difference, other than wasting the CAP money. Who can we replace Joe with? How about anyone that's sane.

Another strong post, DX. And I admire your passion and energy. Someone needs to call out Lil Larry on his incompetence. The press certainly isn't going to do it. rockon

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Inspired By $$$$$$$$$

Post  WTF Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:07 am

As an owner of a professional sport franchise that pays players hugh sums of money to perform their jobs, I wouldn't give a Rats Ass for reasoning of a lack of motivation. My point is I don't care how crappy a coach is, motivation and effort should be driven by the very large pay checks. These are not H.S. or college players that require being motivated by a coach, but money aside they should at least play for the pride.

What Brandon did I give him a lot of respect for, getting dunk on like he did, and attempting to play when injured. It reeked of pride, andthough I question often his abilities I don't question his heart and effort. Other than Bynum and it is about $$$$$ with him is playing for his next contract, what I don't like about Bynum is the effort he shows after a new deal is in hand.

If money isn't enough motivation, being bench isn't going to be much of a motivation either.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty FINALLY REAL BASKETBALL AT THE PALACE

Post  WTF Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:12 am

I just hope that whatever virus that's affecting Knight's Brain doesn't rub off on Burke and all the other talented PG at the Palace toda and Saturday. Sitting here debating if I want to cough up the loot for today's game....
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Woeful Dumars and Frank frustrate Piston fans

Post  cool breeze Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:38 pm

I thought that this title would be more appropriate than the article by the Detroit News "Woeful Pistons frustrate Frank". Remember all the bull about Frank's ability to teach defense when he was first hired? Granted Joe Dumars decided that defense wasn't important about 5 years ago and he was the one person responsible for signing players that had never had a history of being about to defend at any level that they had ever played. If you interviewed players that Stuckey played with in high school and college they would all tell you that Stuckey never was interested in anything other than shooting the basketball. Bynum transfered from Arizona because Lute Olson was frustrated with him because Will couldn't guard any guard in the PAC12 and had to place him on the bench for a guy who had average defensive ability and was horrible on offense. I was upset when Bynum transfered but later on watched him a lot for the remainder of his college career and noticed that his defense was still horrible. Gordon and Charlie V were among the worst defensive players in the NBA when Dumars signed them. Shouldn't Joe get fired for doing that after spending that money after trading away Billups and giving away Affalo. Sure Budinger is currently recovering from a knee injury but why did Joe give Budinger away and keep Daye? For that matter why in hell did Joe make Daye their number one draft pick knowing Daye was the weakest defender on his college team. Opps, maybe Joe didn't take the time to find that out. And will Joe ever live down the decision to take Michael Jordon's advise instead of doing some damn work when he picked Rodney White instead of Joe Johnson who I believe worked out twice for the Pistons before the draft. Then Joe followed that up with Darko instead of a host of outstanding players we will all watch again in the playoffs playing for teams other than the Pistons. With any other GM, Detroit fans would have been able to enjoy one of those players who were available for the number 2 overall pick. Joe went to Europe to make sure Darko was the right guy but somehow he didn't spend the time to interview the American players who all college coaches knew were guys who would be key players on any NBA team. Joe moves around gaining more weight and keeping his job and that alone should frustrate any true blue Piston fan. Joe was a outstanding player but he had no business taking on the job he currently holds. John Hammond was the man responsible for saving Joe and putting together that championship team. I beg Mr. Gores to hire an assistant for Joe to help guide him if the owner insists on keeping Dumars in his current job.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Shabazz vs English

Post  cool breeze Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:53 pm

dX brought up the idea that English might be the better fit in Detroit because of his defensive skills than a guy like Shabazz M. I would have agreed with you before I saw Shabazz play in person twice this season. This guy is big and strong. He can drive well and is a high percentage outside shooter. But best of all, Shabazz is real smart. He doesn't force things. And did I say he is really strong? He was McDonald's All American MVP. His team won the PAC12 conference and he was "The Man" on that team. Even if he is a bust in the NCAA tournament because the team has suffered a huge loss with Anderson going down with a season ending injury, I believe that Shabazz will be a real star in the NBA and an impact player in his first season. English was an above average college player perhaps. He is not real strong. English is a great player to bring off the bench. Shabazz is stong enough and smart enough to play small forward as well as shooting guard. In fact the draft boards have him listed as a small forward. Most likely Detroit will not get him because I expect that in the draft combines, Shabazz will move way up to the 2nd or 3rd spot. Did I say that Shabazz moves real well without the basketball?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Wise

Post  Oracle Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:38 pm

"If money isn't enough motivation, being bench isn't going to be much of a motivation either." - Wise

Wise benching has a direct effect on money, and they do care about money. The problem is that some don't want to work too hard for that money unless it's a contract year, which is really human nature, but the good to great ones fight that nature!

I WANT the coach to bench players that can't or won't play defense, but Frank benches when the do perform, sort of an anti-incintive!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:42 pm

Not a fair comparison!

Going in the lottery automatically would bench English for his duration here! It doesn't matter if he can't play a lick of defense, he's getting the PT.

We all hate it, but here, there is no rise based on merit, it's mostly political as long as Joe is running this show!

Which is surprising because a guy like Joe wouldn't even get a chance in todays NBA under his system! Joe would find every excuse in the world not to play a player like himself!

Joe only made it because he got an honest chance to show his stuff, like the chance he's denied so many young players here!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Drummond coming back this season?

Post  Oracle Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:54 pm

HAAAAAAA HAAAAA lol!

Give me a freaking break!

Do you take the starting QB out when you're up by 50 or down by 50?

If you've wrapped up the east, do you play your starters 40+ minutes!

Get real, three things can happen if Drummond comes back and two of them are BAD!!!

1. We win a few more games than we would
2. We lose anyway
3. Drummond gets hurt for no good reason

Eff that, he can practice with kid gloves on and token defense, and that's it!

Drummond, it's Miller time................................

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Oracle They Don't Give A Fluck

Post  WTF Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:33 pm

Oracle wrote:"If money isn't enough motivation, being bench isn't going to be much of a motivation either." - Wise

Wise benching has a direct effect on money, and they do care about money. The problem is that some don't want to work too hard for that money unless it's a contract year, which is really human nature, but the good to great ones fight that nature!

I WANT the coach to bench players that can't or won't play defense, but Frank benches when the do perform, sort of an anti-incintive!

A player like Maxiell is almost promised a new deal over the next 3 season in the range 9-12 million, that's good money to sit on your ass doing nothing on someones bench. They don't care about the loot really or sitting on the bench, CV will walk away with 35 million, Maxiell 25 when Stuckey 48 when it's all said and done. They're already set for life and never have to want for anything if they were smart with their money. The could be content nickle and diming teams until their careers end.

Superstars and 1st Tier players play for contracts and money not scrubs and role players. Charlie don't give crap if he gets amnesty he still gets paid and can take chump change next season with any contender. Players like Monroe believe their hype in his mind he likely to be thinking Max Deal, he thinks that why because he thinks it's a given even if he coast and half ass it.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Woeful Dumars and Frank frustrate Piston fans

Post  Phil-Good Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:28 pm

You guys may get frustrated but not me. I feel like Joe has done his job this season. Good draft picks in Singler, English, Drummonds and the other kid.

Mad cap space. No more Ben Gorden, 2013 top 5 Lotto pick. If you ask me things are going as planed.

I'm far from frustrated. I'm ready for the summer to get here....

Go Pistons!!!! rockon
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:03 pm

Don, how are 'ya? When I mentioned that we shouldn't be thinking about Muhammad or McLemore in the draft because we had English, it was because I felt, and still do, that Otto Porter Jr. would be a more substantial lottery pick, and English has already begun his development as a pro. In the NBA both Muhammad and McLemore are SG's not SF's, no matter how they're rated; they both have outstanding talent but, so does Porter Jr. and we need him on the frontline more than we need another SG (no matter how talented he appears in college). Now between Shabazz and Otto, who do you want? If you go with Shabazz, I respect your choice but, I never meant it to be about Shabazz vs English.

Remember Don, my campaign is for two lottery picks and they're to be used for Porter Jr. and Oladipo...two young, athletic, defenders at SG and SF, who can also score at a high percentage, and have high basketball I.Q.'s. I think they're good compliments for Drummond and expand our core of future franchise players.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Hitler & the Master Race have a problem

Post  Oracle Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:31 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty PLAYA OF DA YEAR

Post  WTF Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:00 am

This is why I love this kid. He has one of his worst shooting game ever and still the praise just keeps coming clearly he makes his team better even when he's not at his best. Yes others stepped up McGeary was a non-stop flow of energy, Hardaway was Hardaway but the best thing was Robinson looking like the Robinson that started the season. If Robinson can keep playing this way the Wolverines are at least a Final 4 Team, I think it was Robinson declining play that hurt the Wolverines in all those big loses.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty PLAYA OF DA YEAR

Post  deusXango Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:58 am

Wise, I agree, Burke is "sick" (in a good way) and I'd love to see him in a Pistons uniform. I'm not going to go into the Chris Paul comparisons but, looking at what Ty Lawson means to Denver, I've got zero reservations with taking Burke anyway we can get him! With a real coach, this infusion of rookie talent would be what a rebuild is all about:
PG-Burke/Knight
SG-Oladipo/Knight/English
SF-Porter Jr./Singler
PF-Monroe (he finally has a chance to play PF with a real big man taking up his slack)/Villanueva
C- Drummond (he finally gets a chance to show the basketball world what he's all about)/Kravtsov
I've not lost my mind, by suggesting that we start 3 rookies, but these rookies are wise and seasoned beyond their years; the excitement they would bring would draw fans back to the Palace, and I'm willing to bet money that the Pistons record would be better than it is this year!!
If Joe Dumars is all the GM many think he is, he should be able to manuever those players into Detroit, and if he stops bullsh!tt!ng, he can put a "Bad Boy" on the bench calling shots. WHY NOT??!!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty THEY SAID IT ON THE BLEACHER REPORT

Post  deusXango Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:36 am

"And it sure isn't Rodney Stuckey who not only meekly gave up his starting gig earlier this year, but has been nearly non-existent all season until now, of course when the campaign is a lost cause. If Alex Rodriguez is king of the pointless home run, then Stuckey is king of the pointless 30 point game."

Too true.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Best Player Available?

Post  Murph Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:01 am

At this point, I think Otto Porter is probably our best option. But I don't think you can count on him still being on the draft board when we pick. If I were Charlotte, Orlando or Washington, I'd be very tempted to take Porter #1, #2 or #3.

So if Porter is gone by the time we pick, who do we take? I think our best options would be Muhammad or Oladipo. IMO, both those two would have to play SG in the NBA. Muhammad is listed at 6'6, while Oadipo is listed at 6'5 (although I'd like to see the draft combine results to be certain.) Muhammad is clearly the much more polished offensive player, while Oladipo is the better defender.

IMO, Oladipo is probably more what we need. We really need a solid, lock down, perimeter defender. And Oladipo probably represents less risk, because you know what you're getting to a certain degree. But Muhammad probably has the bigger potential upside. There's always a chance that a guy like Muhammad can develop into a superstar. So Muhammad very well might be the best player available.

I also liked Merc's suggestion yesterday of trading the pick to Milwaukee for John Henson and Trey Burke. Although I didn't think Burke looked particularly effective last night against Nate Wolters.

A couple of other tournament observations: Marcus Smart did not play well against Oregon last night. His draft stock might drop on that performance. And how about that Tommy Amaker? He's building an Ivy League dynasty at Harvard. We're going to see Amaker and The Crimson in that tournament every year for the next 3 years at least.

Last edited by Murph on Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty This Is Why I wanted Ilitch

Post  WTF Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:04 am

I really hate our local media inability to be objective, I mean all of them from the all the fluff KL to the arse sucking of Ellis and Goodwill, the flip flopping of Foster, and any sportcaster on local fluff this sh!tty team to no end. It's like listening to Blaha and Kelser non-fu@king stop.

When will they hold this team accountable, when will they hold Joe accountable, the players, the organization as a whole. Just once I would like for someone to speak the truth and stop making excuses for the team, the coach and most of all Joe Dumars. This crap doesn't fly in LA, Boston, Chicago and New York, but here the media is always trying to attach some feel good story and feed fans false illusions. They find everything wrong with the Lions and Tigers but I would take any of those team GM's over Fat Ass.

2004 was freaking almost 10 years ago and all we've heard is excuses, this is why many fans sit here with false notions about the players, only here do we celebrate and idolize 2nd round picks like they're the second coming, and we all but tag any 1st rounder an All-Star in the making. Reality Check People, Monroe no Shaq and Knight isn't the next coming of Zeke. But many fans have become as cowardly as Joe Dumars, scared to make a move or a trade, scared to be bold and rather rest on the hopes of things happening oppose to making them happen.

I'm not saying we should hit the Lux Tax, what I'm saying is we should be a dollar away from it. Stop whining about cap space and money and put a winner on the court. And worry about that crap later and restart the process again when the time comes. By the time all the money is tallied from the soldout arena, and winning a Title who really would be siiting here worrying if we have 2 or 3 players with Max Deals. Whatever the treshold is that's where we need to be in terms of salaries.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty We Need A PG Before A SG

Post  WTF Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:18 am

Murph wrote:At this point, I think Otto Porter is probably our best option. But I don't think you can count on him still being on the draft board when we pick. If I were Charlotte, Orlando or Washington, I'd be very tempted to take Porter #1, #2 or #3.

So if Porter is gone by the time we pick, who do we take? I think our best options would be Muhammad or Oladipo. IMO, both those two would have to play SG in the NBA. Muhammad is listed at 6'6, while Oadipo is listed at 6'5 (although I'd like to see the draft combine results to be certain.) Muhammad is clearly the much more polished offensive player, while Oladipo is the better defender.

IMO, Oladipo is probably more what we need. We really need a solid, lock down, perimeter defender. And Oladipo probably represents less risk, because you know what you're getting to a certain degree. But Muhammad probably has the bigger potential upside. There's always a chance that a guy like Muhammad can develop into a superstar. So Muhammad very well might be the best player available.

I also liked Merc suggestion yesterday of trading the pick to Milwaukee for John Henson and Trey Burke. Although I didn't think Burke looked particularly effective last night against Nate Wolters.

A couple of other tournament observations: Marcus Smart did not play well against Oregon last night. His draft stock might drop on that performance. And how about that Tommy Amaker? He's building an Ivy League dynasty at Harvard. We're going to see Amaker and The Crimson in that tournament every year for the next 3 years at least.

If Burke is there we should take him, and go after Mayo or Allen. I like Merc's suggestion as well because I liked Henson
as a backup PF and if can add Mayo and convince Indy to trade us Granger then were good, not contending but good. I just can't be sold on taking a SG with our lotto pick.

Burke had a bad shooting game completely out of the norm, but he was the engine that drives that team. They don't win without Burke last night.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next