Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+11
lemonpen
Sebastian
cool breeze
deusXango
FlyDog
merc
Oracle
Murph
Phil-Good
Grizz2
WTF
15 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty AD not a good practice player

Post  Oracle Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:06 pm

lemonpen wrote:"TP (Prince) on Drummond: "We get in the game&the floor is wide open, his athleticism takes over the game. In camp he was struggling finding openings.

Prince said in practice the lanes are so clogged it’s hard for Drummond to get to the open spots. In the games, it all changes
Most of us suspected something like this was the case. Andre Drummond has performed so well during games, there had to be something we couldn’t see preventing him from playing more, and poor practicing was a common guess."

Just my opinion: By practicing against AD all of the time wouldn't it make sense that his teammates have a better idea how to prevent him from getting to his spots than the nightly opposition would. And, wouldn't his teammates have a little more leeway to bend the rules in doing so, thus rendering him less effective.

The kid has been bringing it for more than 25 games now, with few dips in performance. Sorry, but Tay's observation is far short of passing the smell test as an excuse for Frank limiting AD's PT.

This is such a crock it's shocking Prince would trot this mess out!

First, I guess AD isn't impressive in practice when the 2nd team keeps beating the crap out of the 1st team.

Secondly, if practice was in any way equivalent to real games, I know a lot of dudes that would be in the NBA, and not sitting on a couch fumbling with the remote!

To hell with what these dudes see in practice, who cares? When AD hits the floor, you can toss out the practice lies, this kid is a star in the making!

BTW, you name me the big man that's this good as a rookie, and I'll show you a near HOF player 9 times out of 10!

In short, you just don't see this level of play for ANY rookie, let alone big men who generally take a LOT longer just to figure out which stall to use in the pisser!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Argument for keeping the core of young players together for at least 2 more seasons

Post  cool breeze Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:56 pm

How many times have we watched Knee jerk decisions by Piston GMs cause the Pistons to crash and burn rather than improve? Wasn't it a impulsive decision to give away Affalo or Bonzi Wells? How about the Iverson-Billups trade? What I witnessed last night was one team on it's way out (Boston) and another (Pistons) on the way to kicking ass and taking names for a long period of time. However, it is always necessary if you build from the draft to tolerate inconsistancy. Instead of focusing on Knight's mistake dribbling to the corner and suffering the humiliation of having the ball taken away from him long after the game had been decided, why not smile at some of his bright points. He took a charge on Rondo and this is not an easy thing to do as the refs seldom will call a charge against Rondo. Knight played great defense last night and was better on the defensive end than any other guard with the exception of possibly Singler who managed to block at least 4 shots including one block against Kevin Garnett in the paint. The refs are now showing more respect for both Knight and Singler on defense. On the otherhand, Maxiell was perfectly set up and was knocked down by Rondo as well with the ref not 3 feet away and no call was made. Knight made an outstanding entry bounce pass in the first half to Monroe which was extremely difficult. He showed amazing speed with drives to the basket in the first half and made some outside shots. His play dropped off in the 2nd half. Singler had a great ball game and the Boston announcers made several statements about Singler's court awareness. Yet Singler was a hair short on several 3 point attempts in the 2nd half. He never lost confidence and made his last 3 point baseline attempt. Up and down and up and down. And this is to be expected especially for Singler who is making his way through the schedule for his first NBA season. We are finally seeing more consistancy from Monroe who is not backing down from anyone on offense. He needs to get more confident with his outside shooting so there will be proper floor spacing once Drummond starts playing mega minutes as a starter. But Monroe is showing signs that he is getting where he wants to be as a player. Knight wants it real bad if you couldn't notice by his expressions when he makes mistakes. Knowing Knight's past and how tough minded he is, I have no doubts that Brandon will be an All Star caliber point guard on a Final 4 team with the Pistons. Now to Drummond who is the key to Detroit moving ahead of the other teams. Drummond needs consistantcy from management. He is a young emotional guy who might get off track if management starts revamping this team. He likes the current players and has bonded with them. They all suffer together when they lose and I am talking about the young players who are now key players on the team being Monroe, Knight and Singler. He also likes the older guys like Bynum, Prince and Maxiell. There was a clear difference in the way this Detroit team approached the game last night compared to the Boston players who are extremely talented but played with little emotion. What I love about these young kids is their emotion and the way they care about doing things the right way. There is great chemistry brewing at the Palace but more suffering must be experienced before the mistakes are reduced. This season has been the most fun for me to watch in many years including some of the years when Detroit was making the Final 4. I am thinking that Detroit could move Daye and Stuckey without destroying the chemistry of this team. Prince is a real team first player who has been the most consistant player this season. I am not sure what impact moving him would have and I will hate to see him leave because of so many great memories I have of his play. I am old school and hate the musical chairs aspect of the current NBA such as the manufactured championship of the Miami Heat. It would be great if Prince could finish his career as a Piston but there is no doubt that he could be a good fit with almost any NBA team right now if he has to be traded.

Some of the greatest moments from last night has to be the way Drummond handled being intentionally fouled. Instead of folding like so many other poor free throw shooters, Drummond summoned up special stuff and made Boston pay. That is what I am talking about regarding creating a special chemistry where team means more than the individual. These young guys can create the right stuff for sure.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Let me join in... Playoffs or Bust!

Post  Oracle Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:15 pm

Would I like to keep that pick? Yeah!

However, IMO, it's more important to make the playoffs! For this organization, unless we're getting a top 3 pick, it's just not worth it!

We have the core talent that we need, but we need to do 2 things!

1. Develop our current talent - That has been mostly a great success. Monroe is coming along, Knight will get there, and Drummond is better than 70%+ of current centers in the league!

2. It's time for us to fill in the blanks with 3-7 year FA's, and/or trades for the same! You don't want to keep developing players to build a whole team, or you'll look like the Clippers did for years! The Clippers got lucky with Blake, then added some savvy vets around him, we can do the same with AD!

Making the playoffs would mean setting a standard of excellence for the team, one that they won't easily let go of next season. They will expect to make the playoffs, and so will we.

Are the playoffs even possible?

Not where we are now, Joe will have to want this, and make the moves to bolster the weaknesses of this team, and a starting PG is a glaring hole! The team needs this PG, and frankly, Knight needs the competition, because I know it will drive him harder(from the bench)!

I would also like a floor spacing SF, and he'll have to have the street cred to move Prince out of the starting position and onto the bench. Unfortunately, this will put Singler out of his natural position, but he can still play SG on the 2nd unit!

If you couple a good starting PG, with a floor spacing SF, and moving AD to starting center, this is almost a new team(3 new players starting, 2 totally new).

However, that's too much change for this organization, which likes to take things slow(see AD)!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Argument for keeping the core of young players together for at least 2 more seasons

Post  Phil-Good Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:26 pm

This would be my core group moving forward.

B.K.7, Moose, Dre, Prince, Middlton (I think this kid is going to be really good.) English, Will Bynum (He and Big Dre work too well together to let him walk) Singler and Jones Jerebko.

That's it. Everybody else I would look to trade or let them walk as free agents.

That's just my opinion......

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Good decisons that Frank made in the 2nd half of last night's game

Post  cool breeze Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:27 pm

To be fair to coach Frank, I wanted to point out that even though I scolded the coaching staff for playing Daye and Stuckey too long in the first half in a post last night, coaches did notice what was going on and made corrective changes. The big changes involved keeping both Daye and Charlie V on the bench. In the first half, Boston went to a small lineup and came back from an 18 point deficit. Frank didn't seem to notice at the time but the other coaches must have alerted Frank because Austin and Charlie were in their seats where they belonged for the rest of the game. I think of both Charlie and Austin as special situation players who should never be on the court at the same time unless the game is a blowout. Maxiell - Charlie V combination is scary as well. Also, I agree with Frank's decison of starting Knight and Singler together with Monroe. Many fans disagree and believe that Knight will never made a good point guard and should be traded. They also believe that Kyle Singler is only capable of being an 8th man on some scrub team. That is because those fans hate all Duke players. Remember that Battier played at Duke along with many other amazing NBA players. There will be a huge jump in Singler's game next season. My big complaint involving Frank is not playing Jerebco and not noticing what is actually going on during games quickly and making adjustments according to what the other team is trying to do against the Pistons and the way certain Piston players are playing at the time. I think that a unit of Jerebco, Charlie V, Drummond, Singler-Stuckey, and either Knight or Bynum could be pretty good. Maybe this will happen after the trade deadline. Yet maybe a trade might include Jerebco,Daye, or Stuckey if not all three players. It seems that Stuckey should be the key guy if the Pistons expect to obtain a key player for this team. Perhaps management is making decisions on who plays right now so we should know more about Frank's coaching ability after the trade deadline. If no trades have been made, then that means Frank has been making all of the decisons on who gets playing time and how much. If that is the case then he should be fired for keeping Jerebco on the bench so long.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Too slow to get busy?

Post  Oracle Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:32 pm

Pistons Organization meets Sexy Stadium

Sexy Stadium: Hi there, I find you very attractive!

Pistons: We find you attractive too, do you think we could get together?

Sexy Stadium: Yes, I would love to have your Pistons in me!

Pistons: Well, you know that there will be a lot of fans coming too, maybe we shouldn't move too fast!

Sexy Stadium: No, I want to have your fans coming! I'm willing to open my doors wide to accomidate them!

Pistons: Uh, I don't think we want to do that, how about just us for awhile, then after some time, maybe we can let the other fans in.

Sexy Stadium: Ok, have it your way, but now I can see why you guys are such LOSERS!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty He may be biased, but he's right!

Post  Oracle Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:58 pm

Jonas Jerebko wants to play and his father hopes Lawrence Frank gets fired!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:00 pm

Oracle wrote:Jonas Jerebko wants to play and his father hopes Lawrence Frank gets fired!

Oracle family members and fans of Jerebco would be insane if they didn't dream of Frank getting fired whenever Daye takes the floor. It is pretty sad because two seasons ago, the only positive thing to talk about was how Jerebco played so hard every game while other Piston players were just showing up. I still believe that Jerebco over extended himself in the off season by playing so much basketball in Europe. He came in tired and then had to face a tough training camp. But now after so much time off, I would expect to see the old Jerebco. It seems that Frank and Jerebco have difficulty tolerating each other. Often when Jerebco was playing and he was taken out of games, he and Frank would exchange words. Jerebco hassaid more than once that he played better while Singler was on the floor because he would share the basketball. Bynum and stuckey would freeze Jerebco out at times on offense. However, now the entire group of players seem to be more team orientated. Jerebco has better size, weight, and quickness than Daye and he plays defense and rebounds on the weak side well. Jerebco would be a good fit to play small forward when Charlie V plays. But maybe Jerebco has said too much and has demanded a trade. I hope not but there has to be a reason other than Jerebco's ability to play basketball for giving Jerebco a death sentence when it comes to playing time. Zero playing time is not logical when it comes to Jerebco as Spock used to say. However, as long as Daye wears the uniform and comes into a game, I will cheer for him and hope he can show us that he belongs in the NBA. I do that with all the Piston players even though I am tough on many players when describing their play in certain games.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Practice Players Vs Game Players

Post  Grizz2 Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:11 pm

Oracle wrote:
lemonpen wrote:"TP (Prince) on Drummond: "We get in the game&the floor is wide open, his athleticism takes over the game. In camp he was struggling finding openings.

Prince said in practice the lanes are so clogged it’s hard for Drummond to get to the open spots. In the games, it all changes
Most of us suspected something like this was the case. Andre Drummond has performed so well during games, there had to be something we couldn’t see preventing him from playing more, and poor practicing was a common guess."

Just my opinion: By practicing against AD all of the time wouldn't it make sense that his teammates have a better idea how to prevent him from getting to his spots than the nightly opposition would. And, wouldn't his teammates have a little more leeway to bend the rules in doing so, thus rendering him less effective.

The kid has been bringing it for more than 25 games now, with few dips in performance. Sorry, but Tay's observation is far short of passing the smell test as an excuse for Frank limiting AD's PT.

This is such a crock it's shocking Prince would trot this mess out!

First, I guess AD isn't impressive in practice when the 2nd team keeps beating the crap out of the 1st team.

Secondly, if practice was in any way equivalent to real games, I know a lot of dudes that would be in the NBA, and not sitting on a couch fumbling with the remote!

To hell with what these dudes see in practice, who cares? When AD hits the floor, you can toss out the practice lies, this kid is a star in the making!

BTW, you name me the big man that's this good as a rookie, and I'll show you a near HOF player 9 times out of 10!

In short, you just don't see this level of play for ANY rookie, let alone big men who generally take a LOT longer just to figure out which stall to use in the pisser!

Oracle .. Good points ..

I am kinda amazed Prince said this .. The only think Prince should be saying is that Drummond right now is better than he, Tay Prince, ever was at anytime of his career and is only going to be even much better ..

Besides that .. anys REAL COACH knows that some players only go to their A game during a real game .. Practice is that .. practice ... If Frank is limiting Drummond's real game time or any other player on the team due to how they practice .. he would be a complete idiot .. and if Prince believes this is the way to go .. he too is a complete idiot .. I really never wanted him resigned .. Out with the old and feeble ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Absolutely right

Post  Grizz2 Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:15 pm

Lemonpen .. absolutely! Prince makes another stinky statement which shows he is an enabler of Frank the Grammar Marm! lol Prince is the perfect teacher's pet .. but a lousy team leader .. lol
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty You said it!

Post  Grizz2 Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:18 pm

FlyDog wrote:This team's not going to the Playoffs! Playoffs?!?!?!?! I'd just be happy to win 30 games. Playoffs? You kiddin me?

Drummond leads the team with 16 points, in just 20 minutes of play.

Playoffs!?!?!?!?! With THIS group of fools in charge? Playoffs?

Flydog .. that sums up the discussion of play offs ..

I really dont think we will win more than 22 games tops ..

Beating Boston .. old legs .. on a back to back at home .. means nothing...

Boston being 500 proves how great a coach Doc River is ..

Frank pretty much is .. as you say . a fool ... and he cant get fired soon enough ... hehe
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty JJ's Chances of Playing again ..

Post  Grizz2 Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:23 pm

cool breeze wrote:
Oracle wrote:Jonas Jerebko wants to play and his father hopes Lawrence Frank gets fired!

Oracle family members and fans of Jerebco would be insane if they didn't dream of Frank getting fired whenever Daye takes the floor. It is pretty sad because two seasons ago, the only positive thing to talk about was how Jerebco played so hard every game while other Piston players were just showing up. I still believe that Jerebco over extended himself in the off season by playing so much basketball in Europe. He came in tired and then had to face a tough training camp. But now after so much time off, I would expect to see the old Jerebco. It seems that Frank and Jerebco have difficulty tolerating each other. Often when Jerebco was playing and he was taken out of games, he and Frank would exchange words. Jerebco hassaid more than once that he played better while Singler was on the floor because he would share the basketball. Bynum and stuckey would freeze Jerebco out at times on offense. However, now the entire group of players seem to be more team orientated. Jerebco has better size, weight, and quickness than Daye and he plays defense and rebounds on the weak side well. Jerebco would be a good fit to play small forward when Charlie V plays. But maybe Jerebco has said too much and has demanded a trade. I hope not but there has to be a reason other than Jerebco's ability to play basketball for giving Jerebco a death sentence when it comes to playing time. Zero playing time is not logical when it comes to Jerebco as Spock used to say. However, as long as Daye wears the uniform and comes into a game, I will cheer for him and hope he can show us that he belongs in the NBA. I do that with all the Piston players even though I am tough on many players when describing their play in certain games.

Don .. I too would like to see JJ get another shot .. Daye is sinking back into his momma boy tantrums and no court awareness silliness ... and I hope JJ takes some of his minutes .. but it does not look good ...

But Frank the Grammar Marm still wants JJ to write "I will grovel at the feet of my head coach" 200 times a day ..

Frank also feels NO PRESSURE to give court time to euros ... They mean nothing on his pecking order of aint I a short but powerful little SOB ..

JJ .. like us .. is hoping Franks gets fired ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Bynum Can't Stand Frank?

Post  Sissy1946 Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:55 pm

Oracle wrote:When your gums stop flapping!!!

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
I'm thinking Bynum really can't stand Frank, it sure looks like it in this picture, he's definitely screwed with Bynum's head since he's been coach, of course I don't think a few other players like him either, like Daye & Charley V when they were in Franks Dungeon & now Jerebko, Maggette, Kravtsov, English, Middleton are in Franks Prison.
I'll bet they can't stand the Prick. There's a couple that idolize him & that would be Maxi-Pads & the Princess, of course their playing the heavy minutes & love him to death. Frank said you pay if you earn the minutes, right 'Lil Larry, your also a Big Fat Liar. People will be so glad when Prince & Maxiell are gone off this team & take their Dad Frank with them, who doesn't recognize talent if it hit him right between the eyes.

Last edited by Sissy1946 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:48 am; edited 3 times in total
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Why can we beat teams like the Miami Heat and still not make the play offs?

Post  Grizz2 Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:35 pm

Good question .. glad I thought of it ...

I think our bench caught the other teams by surprise and they were not prepared for what we are doing ...

From now on .. that will not be the case ..

Frank has proven he is SLOW as MOLASSES to adapt ..

Frank has proven he is stubborn as a mule and will likely not change any more starters .. even if it is obvious to everyone in the NBA ..

Frank has proven he does not understand how to run an offense .. I do think Knight can do more than simply (1) hand the ball off after crossing half court .. or (2) shoot 3s .. or (3) run into double teams when he does try to slash to the basket ..

When I see Knight running plays with other players .. lob-dunks ... feeding the post ... pick and rolls .. penetrate and kick outs .. I will know L. Frank has learned something ..

Another measure of Frank becoming a good coach would be if Bynum and Drummond, start .. that would change everything .. But the Bald Short Mule wont likely do that ever IMO ..

Because being short and dumb and unable to play ball himself, he has to prove he is the power almighty ..

If he does start them say in the next 5 games ... or if Knight were actually running plays with his teammates as PGs are supposed to do .. The Pistons could make the play-offs ...

But expecting him to fall back into ISOs and blame the players ..

Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty The Biggest Obstacle?

Post  FlyDog Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:47 pm

Grizz2 wrote:

Lemonpen .. absolutely! Prince makes another stinky statement which shows he is an enabler of Frank the Grammar Marm! lol Prince is the perfect teacher's pet .. but a lousy team leader .. lol

That's a close'n. Both Prince and Stuckey hold this team back in a huge way. More so with Prince though, because he acts like the team leader to the media. SEND HIS SKINNY "I MADE A GREAT BLOCK 9 YEARS AGO" ASS OUT THE **** DOOR ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!! MY GOD, ENOUGH!!!!!!!!
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Poor Practicing Habits?

Post  FlyDog Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:52 pm

That's a joke, right? The guy comes in and changes games.......and Tay the kweer twig mf'er wants to talk about Drummond's poor practice habits. I'd like to ask skinny F Tay this question: Have you ONCE IN YOUR LIFE lifted a weight, so as not to get bullied by oppossing SF's? F Tay and his stupid Compton ass. You in the D now, you yoga practicing, couscous eatin MF'er!!!!!!!!
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Goodwill grades the Pistons ..

Post  Grizz2 Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:00 am

.. and does a pretty darn good job ... Highlight for me was on Coach F(Rank)..

Lawrence Frank: The early-season trend of losing double-digit leads by the bushel isn't far from anyone's memory. Perhaps if this new second unit had been in place at the season's start this team's playoff hopes would be greatly improved. But despite the slow start, the players haven't quit. Frank's preparedness can be his best friend and worst enemy, leading to rigidity. Grade: D-plus (Clarence Tabb Jr./Detroit News)

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

I hope this means that Joe Dumars isnt happy either with Frank ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty I like Prince as a person ..

Post  Grizz2 Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:14 am

FlyDog wrote:That's a joke, right? The guy comes in and changes games.......and Tay the kweer twig mf'er wants to talk about Drummond's poor practice habits. I'd like to ask skinny F Tay this question: Have you ONCE IN YOUR LIFE lifted a weight, so as not to get bullied by oppossing SF's? F Tay and his stupid Compton ass. You in the D now, you yoga practicing, couscous eatin MF'er!!!!!!!!

... but you are basically right Flydog .. lol
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Detroit may have two players invited to play for the rookies in the All Star game

Post  cool breeze Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:22 am

How many teams have two players who might be selected this season to play for the Rookies? Detroit actually has 5 rookie players who have made the Piston team this season which is wild when you think of it. Kyle Singler may be selected along with Drummond. And I read a statement from Frank as to why he has stuck with Singler as the starting 2 guard. Frank said "Kyle is the same guy everyday". I know many of you are pissed off that Singler is a starter but I am so damn happy that the coach is staying the course with Kyle. We see little of what goes on in looking at the entire picture. I just know what all the college coaches were saying about Singler when he played for Duke. The game plan always involved stopping Singler on defense and figuring out how to minimize what Singler can do to the other team when he is on defense. I am not sure if any of you know it, but Kyle has a brother who now plays for the Oregon Ducks. It is a difficult thing for any player to make the starting lineup at any position but last season Knight did it playing point guard and this season we have Singler starting at the 2. Both are gym rats and have great attitudes. The mental approach to the game is 90% at the NBA level and those two guys playing together will be a very dangerous combination in years to come. And we know that Drummond should be a starter as well but he changes games coming off the bench right now.

Some want Bynum to be the starter at point guard but why? The starting unit took apart Boston last night in the first quarter. Bynum is great off the bench right now. Will Bynum be around when our young guns start peaking. Opps, I forgot, many of you have already decided that Knight and Singler need to be traded or moved to 7th and 8th man.

My hope is that some of the other rookies get some playing time this season. The game plan needs to be to go deep in the playoffs in 3 more seasons with many of the current players we have right now. My hope is not making the playoffs this season. The team is not ready to compete in the playoffs. Let the young guys get experience. I have not been as excited about this team and the potential since Detroit drafted Isiah Thomas. If Detroit could trade Stuckey for Affalo and somehow get D. Collision on this team, Piston defense could look like the Bad Boys or even be better. Drummond is a game changer. Every GM in the league is wondering what hit them because they all know that the Pistons are the team of the future . Somehow, Dumars has turned things around with his draft choices over the last 3 years and the selection of Drummond is off the charts great. Go Pistons!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:45 am

FlyDog wrote:That's a joke, right? The guy comes in and changes games.......and Tay the kweer twig mf'er wants to talk about Drummond's poor practice habits. I'd like to ask skinny F Tay this question: Have you ONCE IN YOUR LIFE lifted a weight, so as not to get bullied by oppossing SF's? F Tay and his stupid Compton ass. You in the D now, you yoga practicing, couscous eatin MF'er!!!!!!!!

How in hell could you go on a rant about what Prince said Flydog. What are you smoking? Prince was kind enough to provide some information regarding Drummond's development from training camp to this point in time. He is really impressed with what Drummond is bringing to the games so what is your beef? It is common for first year players to have difficulty in practice. Eveyone knows the plays etc and the paint gets jammed up and there are no refs. I can only imagine what Maxiell did to Drummond during training camp to break him in. Also, it is only logical that Drummond would have problems in practice learning where to be on both ends. Prince was making a statement to educate the fans. So what is new? Some fans have no idea that the really great players seldom can show their true abilities in practice. When the lights come on and the fans are watching some players fold and some, like Drummond, come to life. That is what Prince was saying. His statements were not intended to be critical. Your comments, on the otherhand, seemed much like those articles I confess to reading at the supermarket when I stand in line. Yes you should be writing for the tabloids creating fiction. Why in hell do some fans hate Prince? What is there to hate? He is a great person who plays well consistantly. The same people who try to tear him apart were screeming with love when he was on that championship team a few seasons back playing with good experienced players. Prince brings stability to this team like it or not.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:31 am

I think Tay said the reason Dre does better in games than practice was they pack the paint in practice (cause they can get away with it)... or something like that.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty I apolgize..

Post  Grizz2 Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:32 am

cool breeze wrote:

How in hell could you go on a rant about what Prince said Flydog. What are you smoking? Prince was kind enough to provide some information regarding Drummond's development from training camp to this point in time. He is really impressed with what Drummond is bringing to the games so what is your beef? It is common for first year players to have difficulty in practice. Eveyone knows the plays etc and the paint gets jammed up and there are no refs. I can only imagine what Maxiell did to Drummond during training camp to break him in. Also, it is only logical that Drummond would have problems in practice learning where to be on both ends. Prince was making a statement to educate the fans. So what is new? Some fans have no idea that the really great players seldom can show their true abilities in practice. When the lights come on and the fans are watching some players fold and some, like Drummond, come to life. That is what Prince was saying. His statements were not intended to be critical. Your comments, on the otherhand, seemed much like those articles I confess to reading at the supermarket when I stand in line. Yes you should be writing for the tabloids creating fiction. Why in hell do some fans hate Prince? What is there to hate? He is a great person who plays well consistantly. The same people who try to tear him apart were screeming with love when he was on that championship team a few seasons back playing with good experienced players. Prince brings stability to this team like it or not.

Don .. you are right .. I apologize for ... mudslinging Prince ... Prince meant no ill will .. and we are just misrepresenting ... Not too classy on my part anyway .. Mr. Prince .. Sorry about that ..

I guess many of us would like to hear a fuller explanation of just what Prince meant to say or .. to re-say it ...

When someone is kicking ass on the real court ... and you make a statement like .. geeeze .. he never played like that in camp or in practice .. You have to admit, Don, it does sound weird and condescending ... like he may be diminishing what Drummond is as a player.. and doesnt have a lot of confidence in AD ..

What Prince should have said is ... "AD is kicking ass on the court .. and is not a practice player ... but so what! .. So lets get the giant on the court as much as possible because he is a natural at defense, blocking shots, making good passes, and rebounding .. Our team needs him on the court as much as possible if we are going to have a shot at making the play-offs."

Well-stated (theoretically) Mr. Prince .. clap

But ... I went too far earlier . and for that I am sorry .. and I hope not too far 2nd time and am simply telling it like it is ..

On a footnote to that .. Goodwill claims the tweet by Prince was meant to describe Prince making a point about there being less space to operate in a practice session .. Not buying this .. just another defensive cover by Goodwill .. I am not saying that Prince is trying to malign Drummond .. he meant no harm .. but he isnt showing any support for him either .. This is from a TWITTER post .. not an answer to a reporter's question .. And the motivation to say what he said just doesnt jive very well coming from the senior VET on the team ....

I know Isaiah Thomas would have beaten Frank up personally if Drummond were only getting 10 to 20 minutes a game as he was .. and would have gotten him fired if that was what it would take to get Drummond some siginficant real court time ... Real leaders care about one thing .. WINNING ..

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Last edited by Grizz2 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:33 am; edited 11 times in total
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:32 am

Blazers below .500... could they be enticed to deal Aldridge?
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty QUESTION?

Post  deusXango Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:40 am

merc wrote:Blazers below .500... could they be enticed to deal Aldridge?
Merc, is LaMarcus Aldridge the reason why they're below .500? If he's not part of the problem, then no.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty ANOTHER QUESTION?

Post  deusXango Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:48 am

lemonpen wrote:
deusXango wrote:What I'm talking about is a 6' 1", 205 lb. PG with great court vision, a terrific passer, and a better than average outside shot; all Joe needs do is give his agent a call and sign him...the roster space? Something needs to done with Daye and J.J., take your pick which one...we're saving money either way, plus filling a need.

Played college ball at Iona from 2008 to 2012. Never drafted by an NBA team.
Signed with the Houston Rockets in September 2012. Waived in January.
Selected to the MAAC All-Rookie Team in 2009.
Named MAAC Rookie of the Year in 2009.
Selected to the All-MAAC 2nd Team in 2010.
Selected to the All-MAAC 1st Team in 2011 and 2012.
Selected to the MAAC All-Tournament Team in 2011 and 2012.
Named MAAC Player of the Year in 2012.
Led the NCAA in assists in 2012.

How can this young man be ignored by a team in desparate need of a "pass first" PG, who's major strength is fast breaking in the open court...not as a finisher, but a facilitator. Will Bynum would have a great backup. Scott Machado is a potentionally win-win situation for us, if only our GM would wake the phugue up.
I know that every blue moon a deserving player passes under the radar, but from a fair and balanced perspective, what is it about him that has kept the entire league from showing interest.
Lemon, could he be this years Jeremy Lin, only better? On the serious side, I've not read, or heard anything negative about him on any of the national sports media venues; if there was blood on the water, you can bet, they would be attacking like sharks.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next