Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+11
lemonpen
Sebastian
cool breeze
deusXango
FlyDog
merc
Oracle
Murph
Phil-Good
Grizz2
WTF
15 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty VU DEJA

Post  deusXango Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:16 pm

I've got this "tick" in the back of my mind that just won't go away, and it concerns the forgiven ineptitude of Joe Dumars, led by the Joe apologists. For a GM that places such a high value on character, WTF did he trade for Iverson for? An old ass Iverson at that (this was his last stop before oblivion). Was Chauncey of bad character?

After the Billips trade (when it became obvious Iverson wasn't going to work out) it got to be about this fantastic "pot of gold," which wasn't why Iverson was brought to Detroit! That was a piss poor secondary reason; we dump an all-star PG for a ball hog, and then re-sign a SG for major bucks (who we're still paying for), who we can't get anything from...this all in the name of saving money to be major players in the FA market two years up the road. That FA market had players like LeBron, DWade, and Bosh coming up for contracts but, we couldn't wait. Joe got this bright ass idea that our dollars would loose CAP value, if we waited, so he jumped at the chance to overpay for two players that their teams had no intentions of re-signing, as soon as he got his grubby fat fingers on that CAP money. I know why some fans are doubtful (I include myself in that number) that Dumars will spend this upcoming CAP money wisely. I'm glad not to be one of the Joe faithful who believes his sh!t don't stink.

The only deadline trade for a top tier player I can remember was for Rasheed Wallace (who put us over the top), the other trades made by Joe have absolutely sucked!!! Trading for mediocre players is like treading water...you're going nowhere, and this last trade of Gordon and a 1st round pick for Corey Maggette was a doozy. Making the playoffs (maybe) and sacrificing a 1st rounder doesn't compute! For Joe to make this trade (regardless of how it's percieved by the professional basketball blind) he's got to be MJ's willing bitch. How in the world can a team like the Bobcats strong arm our franchise into making a deal like that? We won't try to trade for Josh Smith but, he's on our radar as a FA?! Yeah, right. I've looked at that FA list, and it sucks as far as meeting our needs of a PG or SF...top shelf, I got the money to spend on yo' ass type players. Paul ain't leaving LA, alright, so that leaves Smith as the most appealing FA.

When we do start trading players, I expect English, Middleton, and Kravtsov to be the first to go, followed closely by Jerebko and Singler...that's the way things go around here, and some fans will be all for it, simply because Joe did it. We'll trade these players and watch them blow up some place else, and talk about what could have been. With so much going wrong, I understand why the attendance is like it is at the Palace...Bill Davidson has got to be spinning in his grave, because this is not what he built the Palace for, or the training center, or any of the many things he did to distinguish this franchise as one of the best in basketball. But wait, the owner wants to make the playoffs...big hairy deal.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:23 pm

deusXango wrote:I've got this "tick" in the back of my mind that just won't go away, and it concerns the forgiven ineptitude of Joe Dumars, led by the Joe apologists. For a GM that places such a high value on character, WTF did he trade for Iverson for? An old ass Iverson at that (this was his last stop before oblivion). Was Chauncey of bad character?

After the Billips trade (when it became obvious Iverson wasn't going to work out) it got to be about this fantastic "pot of gold," which wasn't why Iverson was brought to Detroit! That was a piss poor secondary reason; we dump an all-star PG for a ball hog, and then re-sign a SG for major bucks (who we're still paying for), who we can't get anything from...this all in the name of saving money to be major players in the FA market two years up the road. That FA market had players like LeBron, DWade, and Bosh coming up for contracts but, we couldn't wait. Joe got this bright ass idea that our dollars would loose CAP value, if we waited, so he jumped at the chance to overpay for two players that their teams had no intentions of re-signing, as soon as he got his grubby fat fingers on that CAP money. I know why some fans are doubtful (I include myself in that number) that Dumars will spend this upcoming CAP money wisely. I'm glad not to be one of the Joe faithful who believes his sh!t don't stink.

The only deadline trade for a top tier player I can remember was for Rasheed Wallace (who put us over the top), the other trades made by Joe have absolutely sucked!!! Trading for mediocre players is like treading water...you're going nowhere, and this last trade of Gordon and a 1st round pick for Corey Maggette was a doozy. Making the playoffs (maybe) and sacrificing a 1st rounder doesn't compute! For Joe to make this trade (regardless of how it's percieved by the professional basketball blind) he's got to be MJ's willing bitch. How in the world can a team like the Bobcats strong arm our franchise into making a deal like that? We won't try to trade for Josh Smith but, he's on our radar as a FA?! Yeah, right. I've looked at that FA list, and it sucks as far as meeting our needs of a PG or SF...top shelf, I got the money to spend on yo' ass type players. Paul ain't leaving LA, alright, so that leaves Smith as the most appealing FA.

When we do start trading players, I expect English, Middleton, and Kravtsov to be the first to go, followed closely by Jerebko and Singler...that's the way things go around here, and some fans will be all for it, simply because Joe did it. We'll trade these players and watch them blow up some place else, and talk about what could have been. With so much going wrong, I understand why the attendance is like it is at the Palace...Bill Davidson has got to be spinning in his grave, because this is not what he built the Palace for, or the training center, or any of the many things he did to distinguish this franchise as one of the best in basketball. But wait, the owner wants to make the playoffs...big hairy deal.

dX you managed to get me worked up again today when you took another trip down memory lane. I agree there are a lot of fans who have blind trust for Joe Dumars. It is obvious that he has been a flat out lazy GM at best. When speaking of Michael Jordon, who Joe seems to turn to a lot for advice, don't forget his first round pick of Rodney White. MJ promised Joe that Rodney White would be an All Star and Joe Johnson might not make it in the NBA. It is only fitting that Joe give our first round draft choice to the Bobcats as a payback for MJ's advice in that Rodney White signing. I recall watching the draft that day and couldn't believe my eyes when Detroit announced that stupid selection. All of my coaching friends were laughing at me. Joe just didn't have the time or a big enough expense account to do a background check on White. We didn't need Joe Johnson or D Wade or Carmelo or Bosh or even Kamen. We could get by with Rodney White and Darko. That is "The World According To Joe" which might make a good movie. Many Americans hate history of anything thinking it is just a waste of time. But the real truth does come out when you look at the facts. If you are a GM and believe that the draft is a crap shoot which Dumars has stated over and over, then it makes sense for a GM who thinks like that to not spend much money or time in that area. After he has made so many screw ups, it is obvious that he is now working harder and maybe worrying about job security a bit more. But the way he ruined the team by removing Billups goes down as the most foul of everything he has done. Most likely Joe will panic and suggest to the owners that they should get rid of those young players who are now up and down from night to night but will become solid impact players in the near future.

As you know, I am not a Josh White fan because I do not believe he will improve his basketball IQ enough to become the crunch time performer he is capable of becoming. Will he be worth the money his agent will be asking? When he gets it, will he compete hard every night? I really cannot say yes to any of those questions. He is the best of the free agents coming out though. I believe Detroit should continue to build the team through the draft and pile up more draft choices for this summer. The owner wants results quick and Joe Dumars' crystal ball has been really merky when it comes to seeing what is needed for a stable future for our Pistons. Good post dX!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:33 pm

WISEFAN wrote:A video posted by Comcast Sports Net New England showed Anthony waiting outside of the team bus as Knicks coach Mike Woodson appeared to be trying to calm Anthony down. Team and building security were also present as were several uniformed police officers.

Should we trade for Melo or is he of bad charater too? You know that Tay is a good character guy we should keep him.

Wisefan please stop trying to be funny. I like Prince! He is still the best player on this Piston team and has proven it with his play this season. The opposing announcers for Charlotte couldn't say enough good things about what Prince gives to the Piston team on both ends of the floor. And there is something special regarding Prince being included in a small group of players currently playing who has been in the league for a long time and has only played for one team. There are only about 7 players. Prince is loyal and he is smart and helpful to the other players. I agree that for his own good, his minutes should be reduced though. This team has too many weak defensive players to compete for a playoff spot this year. Play the young guys who are not getting any playing time and use Jerebco some at small forward to improve the defense of the 2nd unit.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Sorry Cool I Could Help It

Post  WTF Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:52 pm

cool breeze wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:A video posted by Comcast Sports Net New England showed Anthony waiting outside of the team bus as Knicks coach Mike Woodson appeared to be trying to calm Anthony down. Team and building security were also present as were several uniformed police officers.

Should we trade for Melo or is he of bad charater too? You know that Tay is a good character guy we should keep him.

Wisefan please stop trying to be funny. I like Prince! He is still the best player on this Piston team and has proven it with his play this season. The opposing announcers for Charlotte couldn't say enough good things about what Prince gives to the Piston team on both ends of the floor. And there is something special regarding Prince being included in a small group of players currently playing who has been in the league for a long time and has only played for one team. There are only about 7 players. Prince is loyal and he is smart and helpful to the other players. I agree that for his own good, his minutes should be reduced though. This team has too many weak defensive players to compete for a playoff spot this year. Play the young guys who are not getting any playing time and use Jerebco some at small forward to improve the defense of the 2nd unit.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty I like this article

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:52 pm

While the analysis is light, it's spot on!

As we all know around here, Drummond is the key building block, but reading that article makes you think about which FA's would be the best compliment for Drummond!

I SERIOUSLY believe that Monroe is fast being shown to not be the BEST player to work with Drummond, and that a stretch 4 like Sheed(or even Memo), would have been perfect. Anyway, here's the article...

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Agreed

Post  WTF Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:05 pm

Oracle wrote:While the analysis is light, it's spot on!

As we all know around here, Drummond is the key building block, but reading that article makes you think about which FA's would be the best compliment for Drummond!

I SERIOUSLY believe that Monroe is fast being shown to not be the BEST player to work with Drummond, and that a stretch 4 like Sheed(or even Memo), would have been perfect. Anyway, here's the article...

I just read this article like only seconds ago and was thinking perhaps it time to start CV and Drummond and bring Monroe off the bench with Daye. Playing CV and Daye together the bench has been great but I think one of them should start.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty A Stretch 4 Makes Sense........But

Post  FlyDog Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:20 pm

WISEFAN wrote:

I just read this article like only seconds ago and was thinking perhaps it time to start CV and Drummond and bring Monroe off the bench with Daye. Playing CV and Daye together the bench has been great but I think one of them should start.

I sure would like to see how Monroe and Drummond look playing together for at least a 10 game stretch before we do something stupid. Who knows.......maybe we need a stretch 3 instead of a stretch 4. When was the last time we had one of those? Tripuka?
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:19 am

FlyDog wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:

I sure would like to see how Monroe and Drummond look playing together for at least a 10 game stretch before we do something stupid. Who knows.......maybe we need a stretch 3 instead of a stretch 4. When was the last time we had one of those? Tripuka?
I approve of this message.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:30 am

WISEFAN wrote:

Writing this down... Langlois suggesting a player may not compliment another on the team... check.
Would he be suggesting that the future starting center would be better off without the poster child starting?... Na
Does the Pistons mouthpiece have inside info about a change?... Na
So if Drummond doesn't fit well with our other center piece as a starter... what next?
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty A Stretch 4 Makes Sense........But

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:08 am

FlyDog wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:

Fly, that's the first thing that came to mind for me as well, but then I thought about it a bit more.

While I do think we could use a stretch 3, and a good shooting SG as well, the problem is that Monroe NEEDS to do his work closer to the basket, and that conflicts with Drummond needing to do his work there!

Sheed and Zack Randolph used to cause holy terror in the west because Sheed stretched the defense, and Zack was just a beast down low!

It's not impossible to have two bigs that need to be down low, but it's harder!

Monroe's bigger problems to me is that he's like Laimbeer, he can't jump over a quarter, and I think Laims might have been faster too!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Merc

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:15 am

merc wrote:
Writing this down... Langlois suggesting a player may not compliment another on the team... check.
Would he be suggesting that the future starting center would be better off without the poster child starting?... Na
So if Drummond doesn't fit well with our other center piece as a starter... what next?

Oh yeah, me thinks he may know something!

We'll have to wait and see, because while they may want something, the deal has to work out for others too!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Ok, now this is REDICULOUS!!

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:45 am

Life just ain't fair!!! Here are the girlfriends of a few NBA Athletes!

Sabrina Maserati - DeJuan Blair
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Amelia Vega - Al Horford

Gloria Govan - Matt Barnes

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty BITS & PIECES

Post  deusXango Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:48 am

Do 'ya think Monroe will develop a long range shot like Laimbeer?
Who's the slowest tandem between Monroe and Drummond vs Laimbeer and Mahorn...can the young'uns be taught nasty?
Who speaks better english, Alexey Shved or Slava Kravtsov? Why is the Timberwolves rolling the dice, and we're sitting on our hands?
How much sense does it make to allow the trade deadline to come and go without making some noise?
Will a foot grow out of Tom Gores head if we don't make the playoffs? How happy is he with the dwindling attendence?
If Joe is telling Mr. Frank to start Maxiell, why does he still have a job? Why hasn't Mr. Frank been fired for being obedient to Joe?
Why is Kyle Singler still starting at SG? Can Kim English be more invisable?
What is happening with Slava Kravtsov? Jonas Jerebko? Too bad they can't play the race card...maybe the height card. lol
Speaking of height, what is it with Mr. Frank and 6' 10" players? Did he have a bad experience with a 6' 10" guy?
Will we or won't we get a top lottery pick this year? Will we hold off the Bobcats until 2015, then suck to high heaven?
What's the team philosophy? What's the team's direction? Why're we calling this collection of individuals a team?
Why can't the "little 3" (English, Middleton, and Kravtsov) have one game where they play at least 10 minutes? 10 minutes each, Mr. Frank!!
Why do they keep showing the commercial of Knight dribbling over the broom? The broom seems to be getting the best of him, with his T.O. rate.
If we must have a short, babbling coach, I vote for Will Bynum. Will may not be the best babbler but, he's the more insightful coach.

deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:56 am

Damn, Oracle!!! Loan me a million bucks for just one night...I swear I'll pay back every cent.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:01 am

deusXango wrote:Damn, Oracle!!! Loan me a million bucks for just one night...I swear I'll pay back every cent.

No problem, as soon as the brothers on this board pass around the plate for me, you'll be the FIRST one I make a loan too... lol!

It's sad, but it sure looks like money can not only buy you love, but some smokin hot love at that!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty ESPN finally fires Rob Parker

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:03 am

Man, this cat is strange! I thought he was a dumb azz, but I never thought he was this dumb, the comment at the end says it all!

Full Article: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Makes you wonder ..

Post  Grizz2 Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:02 am

Oracle wrote:Man, this cat is strange! I thought he was a dumb azz, but I never thought he was this dumb, the comment at the end says it all!

... after all these years of crap columns from Parker at the DetNews .... how he ever landed an ESPN gig .. oh right .. this is the same network that promotes the Heat almost like a religion ... lol

Fire ESPN for hiring Parker .
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty This site is devolving into a smutty online magazine ..

Post  Grizz2 Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:06 am

Oracle wrote:Life just ain't fair!!! Here are the girlfriends of a few NBA Athletes!

Amelia Vega - Al Horford

And I really like it! dance

Thanks Oracle ...So beyond sexy girls love rich extra-large multi-millionaires ... Hmm .. I knew I had the wrong goals in life .. lol
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Rodney and Charlie Option

Post  WTF Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:21 am

Oracle wrote:
merc wrote:

Oh yeah, me thinks he may know something!

We'll have to wait and see, because while they may want something, the deal has to work out for others too!

It was floated that the change could be inserting CV into the starting unit. I know this will bug the hell out a few fans but I think it would be wise. If the method to all this madness of player rotations and line ups are directed towards getting wins then this makes sense. Having Charlie there gives Knight something else to do with ball besides throwing it away.

Maxiell no doubt a better defender than CV but not by very much IMO and I always thought if you're not going to start Drummond next to Monroe that Charlie should. One other thing that might be in the works is Knight off the bench and putting Rodney back at starting PG.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Gloria Would Be My Pick

Post  WTF Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:25 am

Oracle wrote:Life just ain't fair!!! Here are the girlfriends of a few NBA Athletes!

Amelia Vega - Al Horford

Something about he lips and though beautiful the other 2 look dumb as a bag of nails and no wood. Not saying I wouldn't take either around the block once or twice.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Steven Smart Move

Post  WTF Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:32 am

Oracle wrote:Man, this cat is strange! I thought he was a dumb azz, but I never thought he was this dumb, the comment at the end says it all!

Steven A was like don't include me in this dumbass conversation. Parker is and always have been a retard so I'm not surprise with his comments but talk about calling the kettle black here. Parker has sucked so much arse in his career how can he question anyone cred is beyond me.

Glad they fired him now he can just focus on selling his hotdogs BTW I hate his dumbass commercial and wouldn't buy one of his coney dogs if that were the last coney dogs on earth.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyDog Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:14 am

So RG3 has a white girl friend AND he's a republican? The horror! First of all, if I were a multi millionaire I'd be republican too. And Ice Cube has a white girl friend. Is he black enough for Parker? Talk about a cornball...........
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty My Maserati Does 185......

Post  FlyDog Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:17 am

WISEFAN wrote:

Amelia Vega - Al Horford

Something about he lips and though beautiful the other 2 look dumb as a bag of nails and no wood. Not saying I wouldn't take either around the block once or twice.

I'd have to go with Sabrina. Daaaaaaayam, look at that body! She's built for speed!!!!!
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty BITS & PIECES

Post  Sebastian Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:35 am

deusXango wrote:Do 'ya think Monroe will develop a long range shot like Laimbeer?
Who's the slowest tandem between Monroe and Drummond vs Laimbeer and Mahorn...can the young'uns be taught nasty?
Who speaks better english, Alexey Shved or Slava Kravtsov? Why is the Timberwolves rolling the dice, and we're sitting on our hands?
How much sense does it make to allow the trade deadline to come and go without making some noise?
Will a foot grow out of Tom Gores head if we don't make the playoffs? How happy is he with the dwindling attendence?
If Joe is telling Mr. Frank to start Maxiell, why does he still have a job? Why hasn't Mr. Frank been fired for being obedient to Joe?
Why is Kyle Singler still starting at SG? Can Kim English be more invisable?
What is happening with Slava Kravtsov? Jonas Jerebko? Too bad they can't play the race card...maybe the height card. lol
Speaking of height, what is it with Mr. Frank and 6' 10" players? Did he have a bad experience with a 6' 10" guy?
Will we or won't we get a top lottery pick this year? Will we hold off the Bobcats until 2015, then suck to high heaven?
What's the team philosophy? What's the team's direction? Why're we calling this collection of individuals a team?
Why can't the "little 3" (English, Middleton, and Kravtsov) have one game where they play at least 10 minutes? 10 minutes each, Mr. Frank!!
Why do they keep showing the commercial of Knight dribbling over the broom? The broom seems to be getting the best of him, with his T.O. rate.
If we must have a short, babbling coach, I vote for Will Bynum. Will may not be the best babbler but, he's the more insightful coach.

Yo DX, I great questions, especially during OUR slowest week on the schedule. I would like to respond to three of the excellent questions that you have posed:

1) How much sense does it make to allow the trade deadline to come and go without making some noise?

In my opinion, It would be advantageous of Joe to attempt to move Maggette's and Maxey's expiring contracts before the trade deadline, as I don't trust that Joe will turn their contracts into any value during the free agency period when he is either competing with other teams with cap space or as proven with the Tay's resigning - competing against himself.

He could turn these two contracts into real value, again I my dream would be if these two contracts can be flipped into a Rudy Gay or Josh Smith acquisition.

My thinking, here, is that it will be much easier to trade these contracts for a "real" small forward than hoping and praying that a "real" small forward will be obtained via free agency. A

Also, I am afraid if Maxey lasts through the trade deadline, Joe's dumb ass will resign him.

2) Why is Kyle Singler still starting at SG? Can Kim English be more invisable?

This ridiculous charade must end, now!. Singler is an 9th or 10th-man. English has been a SG all of his playing career. He has range on his jumper; is an active defensive player; and can put the ball on the floor. Stop it already with Kyle Singler gobbling up all of the minutes at the "2"! [27.7 minutes per game for Kyle Singler makes no damn sense]

But, if I may add one question to your list:

Where in the hell is Jonas Jerebko!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Rudy Gay?

Post  Murph Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:41 pm

Well, it's official, Rudy Gay is on the trading block. This from USA Today:

"According to several people with knowledge of the Grizzlies' plan who spoke to USA TODAY Sports, they are actively calling teams all around the league to gauge the market value of several of their players, in part, as a way of learning what their new assets are truly worth to other teams. They are, in essence, playing catch-up in this information game that is so crucial to a team's ability to make the most intelligent and efficient moves possible. The people spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the private nature of trade talks. But rival executives have indicated that the Grizzlies are discussing Gay above the rest of the Grizzlies and making it clear that he's attainable for the right price. The growing sentiment around the league is that Gay is likely to be moved before the Feb. 21 deadline, and it's highly likely they would demand a starting small forward in return."

I've never been a huge Rudy Gay fan. He doesn't play much defense, and I remember him being a bit of a disappointment in his short stay at UConn.

Would the Grizz accept Prince, Maggette's expiring contract and a young player or two (Daye, JJ and/or Kravtsov) for Gay? Is that a good trade? Do we even want him?

Gay is due to make a whopping $45 million over the next 2 1/2 years.

Last edited by Murph on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:49 pm; edited 3 times in total

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next