Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+16
Sissy1946
Rett
Murph
Sparma
Fennis Dembo
Linwood
g-man
Oracle
WTF
FlyDog
frankied
Sebastian
merc
cool breeze
deusXango
Grizz
20 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Dumars Is Insane

Post  FlyDog Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:48 am

Not me.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty RE: Patrick Hayes is an Asshole

Post  Murph Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:51 am

I don't care if Hayes is a journalist or not. He obvious isn't. He doesn't even get paid for what he wrights at PistonsPowered.

My problem with Hayes is that he's a slimy weasle. He'll argue a point vehemetly, and then later, when he's proven wrong, instead of just admitting he was wrong and moving on, he'll pretend he never really argued that position in the first place.

For example, Hayes and Feldman were all hot and bothered over hiring Larwence Frank. They thought Frank was incredibly hard working and articulate. He got to work at 5 AM, and watched hours and hours of tape. (He sounds like Lee.) And he laid-out a great plan for the Pistons,in his interviews with Gores and his people.

Myself and many other posters disagreed. They pointed out that whatever success Frank had was due to his very experienced, HOF point guard, Jason Kidd running the team, and that as soon as the Nets lost Kidd, Larry Franks coaching career went down the drain with a 16 game losing streak.

Now, 38 games into this season, with Frank and the Pistons floundering, Hayes and Feldman are pretending that they were never all that into hiring Larry Frank in the first place. And when someone has the audacity to point out that they were wrong, they deny, argue endlessly, insult and misdirect.

That's just one example of Patrick Hayeys being an asshole.

Another example was when they ran a story by some political consultant, Nate Silver, who wrote a piece that claimed NBA owners were not really losing money, and that they only staged the lockout because they were greedy SOBs.

When posters pointed out that the article was ridiculous, because more than half the NBA teams were indeed losing money, including the Pistons, then again Hayes started in with his song and dance routine.

There are many, many examples of this duplicity. The folks at PP are clearly not into recognizing decenting arguments from other posters, or admitting when they're wrong.

And this isn't just my opinion. Hayes readily admits that he's a "prick" when it comes to responding to posters' comments.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty LOL

Post  Grizz Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:31 am

FlyDog wrote:Not me.
lol
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty OK to be an asshole I think but ..

Post  Grizz Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:36 am

Murph wrote:I don't care if Hayes is a journalist or not. He obvious isn't. He doesn't even get paid for what he wrights at PistonsPowered.

My problem with Hayes is that he's a slimy weasle. He'll argue a point vehemetly, and then later, when he's proven wrong, instead of just admitting he was wrong and moving on, he'll pretend he never really argued that position in the first place.

For example, Hayes and Feldman were all hot and bothered over hiring Larwence Frank. They thought Frank was incredibly hard working and articulate. He got to work at 5 AM, and watched hours and hours of tape. (He sounds like Lee.) And he laid-out a great plan for the Pistons,in his interviews with Gores and his people.

Myself and many other posters disagreed. They pointed out that whatever success Frank had was due to his very experienced, HOF point guard, Jason Kidd running the team, and that as soon as the Nets lost Kidd, Larry Franks coaching career went down the drain with a 16 game losing streak.

Now, 38 games into this season, with Frank and the Pistons floundering, Hayes and Feldman are pretending that they were never all that into hiring Larry Frank in the first place. And when someone has the audacity to point out that they were wrong, they deny, argue endlessly, insult and misdirect.

That's just one example of Patrick Hayeys being an asshole.

Another example was when they ran a story by some political consultant, Nate Silver, who wrote a piece that claimed NBA owners were not really losing money, and that they only staged the lockout because they were greedy SOBs.

When posters pointed out that the article was ridiculous, because more than half the NBA teams were indeed losing money, including the Pistons, then again Hayes started in with his song and dance routine.

There are many, many examples of this duplicity. The folks at PP are clearly not into recognizing decenting arguments from other posters, or admitting when they're wrong.

And this isn't just my opinion. Hayes readily admits that he's a "prick" when it comes to responding to posters' comments.

But .. For not knowing what they are talking about... And not being into any of that duplicity stuff...And misrepresenting the Pistons status quo more than once... .. Yeah .. I guess for those reasons ... they deserve some flak from some Piston fans...
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:32 pm

i don't disagree with your assessment of the PP guys, at all.
i've had more than my share of disagreements with them.
i just don't think that they are "journalists" and don't have those same responsibilities.
writing on a blog is a unique niche and is therefore subject to slightly different rules.
i just expect different things. just an opinion....
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:32 pm

Personally I don't read either clown.....except in passing nothing that I go looking for. PistonsPower is just a more hostlie version of True Blue still full of lies and bullshit.

Reporters-Bloggers professional or not it's really not that much of a difference when you're demanding an audience of readers. Charlie Rosen and Whitman write like bloggers most of the time even Mike Rosenberg the difference is the professionalism they bring that separates them from assholes like Hayes, oh yeah they get paid for their opinions.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty nice post on stuckey...

Post  frankied Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:44 pm

other folks are [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
zack lowe of SI calls him a bully...in a good way.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Stunk

Post  FlyDog Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:23 pm

But of course, it has NOTHING to do with being relieved of the PG duties.;-)
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Thanks for ths link Frankie ..

Post  Grizz Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:41 pm

frankied wrote:other folks are [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
zack lowe of SI calls him a bully...in a good way.
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty RODNEY STUCKEY

Post  deusXango Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:38 pm

Slowly, with caution, I ease my foot out of Stuckey's ass....Oh hell, the truth be told I've been rooting for this guy lately and I find myself really wanting to hold onto him for the duration of his contract. It took the fickle finger of fate to push Stuckey out of the PG role he had been unfairly assigned to by one Joe Dumars, and now he's fitting in, not leading, but playing his role on the team; SG as in "scoring guard" (not to be confused with shooting guard) and it's working out well so far. My hat's off to you Rodney Stuckey.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Kuester Talks About Time With Pistons

Post  merc Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:35 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Thanks, Merc

Post  FlyDog Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:47 pm

I never had a problem with Kuester, he dids what they tolds him. Amazingly, once again, Joe Dumars escapes scrutiny, unless you read between the lines of what Rip and Kue said. The writer chose to take the high road, and blame it all on unstable ownership. They quote Dumars about the "Everything was on hold" line that we've been fed, neglecting the fact that he signed two bench players for a combined 19 million per year smack dab in the middle of this supposed "Moratorium".

Really.........how dumb do they think we are? We see right through the BS. Well........most of us do, anyway.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:08 pm

Fly, Yeah I saw those inside comments... Makes me think of how Lee and others would jump all over Q for his lineups... seems like a lot of that came from upstairs... no excuses for JD... he signed losers and deserves the heat for "his guys".
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Can I Gets An A-Men?

Post  FlyDog Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:27 pm

Hallelulu!!!!!!!!!!!
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty The Rumor Mill

Post  merc Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:20 am

It's that time again... 10 days til the deadline
This guy on the Bulls board saying he was talking to a couple agents & scouts about the Bulls... said the Bulls have interest in bringing BG back (Rip has been hurt a lot)... they don't have a lot they'd be willing to give up... just shorter contracts like Korver & Brewer.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty the Lakers are in high gear nowadays...

Post  Grizz Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:46 am

.. and out for blood .. will be a good test to see if the Pistons can fully compete with them ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty WELCOME TO THE CLUB

Post  WTF Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:56 pm

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Following Monday's loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder, Dallas Mavericks point guard Jason Kidd said the defending champions haven't received the benefit of the doubt from the officiating all season because they are not looked upon as champions.

Sorry Jason but you're Mavs team played Team Ball ala our 2004 Championship Team and the league don't want good team basketball they want that BS in Miami but don't worry the league will never respect OKC enough to have them in a Finals so it's still a chance for the Mavs to repeat unless Kobe say's otherwise.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty JASON WHITLOCK IMPERSONATION OF VINCE GOODWILL IN KOBE HATE ARTICLE

Post  WTF Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:15 pm

LOS ANGELES
No one benefits from LeBron hate more than Kobe Bryant.

Hatred of LeBron — more than even Kobe’s five championship rings — is the primary reason Kobe is allowed to delude himself with the notion that he is on equal footing with Magic and Bird and in hot pursuit of Michael Jordan’s legacy. - Jason Whitlock

I swear Jason has gone bonkers! His whole article sounds and reads like Kobe hating. Kobe made his claim to fame long before Lebron's dumb ass decision to make "The Decision" What Mr. Whitlock is attempting to do here is deflect attention away the criticism Queen Jamie been getting lately.

Sorry sir but Kobe is the truth, I know this and I'm not even a fan of the Lakers not even casually a fan. I don't think Kobe is delusional with 5 Championship under his belt, that in fact he and Tim Duncan are the last connection to those how great and competitive the NBA use to be. It is delusional to think that James, Wade and many of this other young players will ever compare to the likes of Magic and MJ but Kobe is damn close

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty WHITLOCK REFERS MAGIC, BIRD AND MJ AS THE LORD, SAVIOR AND HOLY GHOST

Post  WTF Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:35 pm

When you compare Kobe’s all-around game to the Lord, Savior and Holy Ghost, he’s completely outclassed. Kobe is a scorer. Period. That’s all he did Sunday. He put 33 points on Shane Battier, a terrific defender. Kobe had a great game. But he also did little else. He had three rebounds, one assist, zero steals or blocks.

Hey Whitlock who was Zeke? Satan.....You say you're not hating on Kobe but I'm not so sure and still nothing you say to discredit Kobe changes the fact that Lebron is a coward and doesn't have a fraction of the heart and game Kobe has. You'll never find Kobe choking or running away from a chance to be a hero in big games.

And I'm sick and tired of Zeke getting dissed because technically he was the first to 3-Peat if not for that game 6 theft by the league and he actually have Lord in his name......

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty JJ Hickson available for cheap

Post  FireDumars Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:33 pm

disappointing in sacramento, averaging only 5 points and 5 rebounds. averaged 14 and 9 last year in Cleveland. i know he is undersized at 6'9 but he is a similar version to a young Ben Wallace with a lot more offense potential. If Pistons could dump Maxiel or Villaneuva for Hickson, I would take that!
FireDumars
FireDumars

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Wise, great posts .. Do you have a link to the article? Fight the power!

Post  Grizz Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:48 pm

WISEFAN wrote:When you compare Kobe’s all-around game to the Lord, Savior and Holy Ghost, he’s completely outclassed. Kobe is a scorer. Period. That’s all he did Sunday. He put 33 points on Shane Battier, a terrific defender. Kobe had a great game. But he also did little else. He had three rebounds, one assist, zero steals or blocks.

Hey Whitlock who was Zeke? Satan.....You say you're not hating on Kobe but I'm not so sure and still nothing you say to discredit Kobe changes the fact that Lebron is a coward and doesn't have a fraction of the heart and game Kobe has. You'll never find Kobe choking or running away from a chance to be a hero in big games.

And I'm sick and tired of Zeke getting dissed because technically he was the first to 3-Peat if not for that game 6 theft by the league and he actually have Lord in his name......

Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Stuckey has GAME tonite...!!

Post  Rett Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:29 pm

GO STUCKEY!!!!

Rett

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:37 pm

Stuckey = Good SG

Side note... if something ever happens to this forum... keep an eye out for Det News articles in case someone wants to get the fellas back together... a little concerned about Flips lack of participation.... don't want to get blind sided again.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Merc

Post  FlyDoog Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:49 pm

A little odd that the Forum originator has been spotted posting on different sites, and not this one. Good call.

What's up Flip?

Stunk with the monster 2nd Quarter! I keep threatening to find his jersey from the back of my closet, beat the dust off it, and wear it proudly. One of these days.......I'll do it! That's not a threat.......that's a promise.

FlyDoog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Flip and Merc

Post  Rett Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:47 pm

FlyDoog wrote:A little odd that the Forum originator has been spotted posting on different sites, and not this one. Good call.

What's up Flip?

Stunk with the monster 2nd Quarter! I keep threatening to find his jersey from the back of my closet, beat the dust off it, and wear it proudly. One of these days.......I'll do it! That's not a threat.......that's a promise.

In defense of Flip.....he has said that he is very busy on his new job and has not been able to make it here.....but, will join in as soon as things calm down on the job front.

Rett

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next