Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
Phil-Good
cool breeze
Sparma
Oracle
Go Stones!
Murph
WTF
KaySlay
12 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Wise

Post  Oracle Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:29 pm

WTF wrote:Here's why I'm in a panic> Because they're not 5 games out a 1st or 2nd seed and we're relying on teams ahead of falling oppose to actually bettering rosters. I agree with that, but even if you're in 2nd place, you're relying on the team in first to slip up, how else can any team move up in the standings?

Maybe my patients are thin 13 season since our last Title 9 seasons remove sine we last contended.  We don't need to be lock in on keeping every player we acquire be it by draft or trade.  Totally agree, and KaySlay mentioned that no one should be touchable and while I can understand that, I can't go fully along with it unless I could see the deal. If the deal is right, I'd ship out anyone on this team, but those deals are rare.

Nothing wrong with hind-sight especially if you're looking back and seeing how successful it was.  This means there's plan and blue print.   One thing is clear in looking back our guard play was exceptional  even in a sub=par sense I would rather have players like Atkins and Hunter  running the squad. That wasn't my point, of course hindsight is valid and important, but it doesn't help you see what you have today! You have to be able to project who is going to be that cornerstone, and who isn't. We have some players with that capability, I can see it, if others can't that's fine, but we can't use hindsight to help this situation.

Often I have screamed this team isn't even in comparison to the Teal Teams, they weren't just a random group of pieces tossed on the floor half-ass coached.   Hell what I wouldn't do for a T-Mills or Dele right now on this current roster.   Mills and Dele weren't all that good, just good in spurts. We did have a real star in Hill and a great slasher in Stack. That team was better than they got credit for.

Not sure if it was Kayslay or BallinD that said "this team has no heart",   I freaking agree! I totally disagree, it was a lot of heart and guts on display when they beat Atlanta and followed it up with a beating of Boston, and Boston was fighting with all they had at home, we just gutted that out.

This is the same problem with Don, you only see what's in front of you. They appear to have low BBall IQ's because of the situation. you change that and they appear to have high IQ's. You change the dynamic and they will display the heart.

What I think you guys are seeing and saying is this: There is no real leader that has that quality that they can follow. IMO, it really should be Drummond, coming out every night looking to kick somebody's ass, and demanding that everybody else do the same.

If not Dre, then it should be Reggie, but my instinct tells me that the team may not respect him all that much. KCP isn't real vocal, he attempts to lead by example, and that obviously isn't working.

I agree that only hindsight could have told us about the Hill trade,  but as far as the others it was all about improving Kelly to Dantley and then Dantley to Aguire to Aguire eventually making way for Rodman.  I still say I would give up Andre for Boogie and I would rather have Beal than KCP, LOL, if you got your wish, you'd really be whining about Beal's defense, but KCP will be more valuable than Beal soon. Boogie would drive us crazy, but I can take crazy when it comes with that level of talent. Stick Boogie at PF with Boban as center and we're really talking about something.

I don't think Joe in his worse seasons put together a roster so dis-organized than this bunch SVG has. We all know I hated Joe's guts as a GM only.  SVG needs to step away from coaching this team stcik to being GM and get the players the coach needs.   Again, I think it appears worse than it is, but it's hilarious to hear Reggie calling the team out for defense lol , it'll likely make them start to hate his arse!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty A question of conscience

Post  deusXango Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:27 pm

From the most knowledgeable poster on this forum to Stan Van Gundy, I ask one simple question; what can we get for Reggie Jackson? Is RJ really a PG in his mind or the star of the team? If he's a star PG, then why doesn't he make the players around him better? Is he a better perimeter defender than KCP? Where did he get license to speak in outrage about defense? WHAT CAN WE GET FOR REGGIE JACKSON? Don't hide him behind rhetoric about who's untouchable, let's think "productive possible trade;" this is a business Stan, act accordingly.

Wise, my good brother, let me offer you this view of an extraordinary talent we have now (and please leave out his salary, at least the portion you're not paying) and perhaps you can appreciate him a little more. Andre Drummond's strength is his ability to collect offensive rebounds like nobody's business; when anything comes off our rim, a great deal of the time, it's still our ball...no team in the NBA can make that claim. He has the potential to be a 20/20 big man on the season, with his non-FT shooting ass, but the games flow must be at a quicker pace. He's going to put his big man game together once he gets some stability at PG and I do mean a legit PG, not a made up one (combo guards masquerading as PG's don't fit the bill). In that 1 in, 4 out scheme, which is a SVG limitation, he's going to look ordinary and not worth the veterans minimum, which is not true, and you never see how his coach is adversely affecting his worth to the team. What must we give up to get Goran Dragic?

Let's stop the talk about trading Tobias Harris, anyway we can, because he's proven to be our most effective, non-ball dominate, offensive weapon and he's a real pro, not a diva! He's proven to be a TEAM player, so why get rid of him and at his age? With some stability his game will expand as Drummonds, KCP, Johnson, and Ellenson's...everybody not mentioned would be, should be considered trade bait for projected lottery picks in 2017's draft! I'm continuing to say WE NEED A COACH and PG!! Who disagrees? That's a question of conscience.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Risk Assessment

Post  WTF Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:37 pm

Here's why I'm in a panic> Because they're not 5 games out a 1st or 2nd seed and we're relying on teams ahead of falling oppose to actually bettering rosters.

Maybe my patients are thin 13 season since our last Title 9 seasons remove sine we last contended. We don't need to be lock in on keeping every player we acquire be it by draft or trade.

Nothing wrong with hind-sight especially if you're looking back and seeing how successful it was. This means there's plan and blue print. One thing is clear in looking back our guard play was exceptional even in a sub=par sense I would rather have players like Atkins and Hunter running the squad.

Often I have screamed this team isn't even in comparison to the Teal Teams, they weren't just a random group of pieces tossed on the floor half-ass coached. Hell what I wouldn't do for a T-Mills or Dele right now on this current roster.

Not sure if it was Kayslay or BallinD that said "this team has no heart", I freaking agree!

I agree that only hindsight could have told us about the Hill trade, but as far as the others it was all about improving Kelly to Dantley and then Dantley to Aguire to Aguire eventually making way for Rodman. I still say I would give up Andre for Boogie and I would rather have Beal than KCP,

I don't think Joe in his worse seasons put together a roster so dis-organized than this bunch SVG has. We all know I hated Joe's guts as a GM only. SVG needs to step away from coaching this team stcik to being GM and get the players the coach needs.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Oracle

Post  KaySlay Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:46 pm

My correction was there to clarify that we get blown out away and at home. Which is FACT Oracle.
KaySlay
KaySlay

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty KaySlay

Post  Oracle Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:36 pm

I notice you tend to see things black and with, with no shades of gray in between.

KaySlay wrote:Not sure why we would ever want to disregard the teams play. Closing our eyes does not hide or make the deficiencies disappear. Also to correct your quote "Without a superstar, we're very fragile when one of the component pieces is missing, even when we're at home.

You're not capable of correcting me, if you want to say something, take full credit for it on your own!

In case you don't know it, there's a few planets between closing your eyes and praying, than recognizing valid situations. If you seriously can't see any circumstances where you need to disregard losses, then you're commenting on the wrong sport. Hell, even Cleveland & the Warriors throw games out and totally disregard their play and the results... what planet are you on?

KaySlay wrote:Each player was a cornerstone, but we were able to upgrade and improve our TEAM despite losing talent (debatable) in the trade. I trust that we can always improve through trades, but only if we are willing to continuously look for better fitting pieces despite the talent we offer up in a trade. The real question is can SVG take advantage of the personnel? 

Two things about this!

1. Hindsight is 20/20, you say these guys were cornerstones, but you ONLY know that after the fact.
2. Finally there is one thing we do agree on, and that's SVG.

SVG has really made a LOT of mistakes this season, so asking if he can take advantage of any new players is not only logical, but really the main issue in my mind.

We certainly have flaws in our current talent, but the flaws should NOT prevent us from being over .500 right now, and the east is weaker this year than it was last year.

We entered last night game, 5 games out of 5th place... why the f**k is everybody in deep panic mode? We're one good winning streak away from being in the thick of the playoff race!

Is time running out... hell yeah, but until we blow it, we need to behave like we want to win, not start stanking, er., I mean tanking before it's time!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Go Hard or Go Home

Post  BallinD Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Learn from this SVG.  Don't double down on stupidity and the difficulties of being President and Coach.   finger wag

KaySlay wrote:

I propose no one is UNTOUCHABLE  door

1986 Pistons trade Kelly Tripucka Pistons IMPROVED

1989 Pistons trade Adrian Dantley Pistons IMPROVED

2000 Pistons trade Grant Hill Pistons IMPROVED

2002 Pistons trade Jerry Stackhouse Pistons IMPROVED

If we are willing to continuously look for better fitting pieces despite the talent we offer up in a trade. The real question is can SVG take advantage of the personnel? scratch

Good Question indeed.  I say he deserves a chance.  I believe he can learn from this, or if he can't The Stones are sunk.... mad
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Fix the problem

Post  KaySlay Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:18 pm

Oracle wrote:3. We also may want to disregard the teams play under certain circumstances. Without a superstar, we're very fragile when one of the component pieces is missing, unless we're at home.

Not sure why we would ever want to disregard the teams play. Closing our eyes does not hide or make the deficiencies disappear. Also to correct your quote "Without a superstar, we're very fragile when one of the component pieces is missing, even when we're at home.

I propose no one is UNTOUCHABLE

1986 Pistons trade Kelly Tripucka Pistons IMPROVED

1989 Pistons trade Adrian Dantley Pistons IMPROVED

2000 Pistons trade Grant Hill Pistons IMPROVED

2002 Pistons trade Jerry Stackhouse Pistons IMPROVED

Each player was a cornerstone, but we were able to upgrade and improve our TEAM despite losing talent (debatable) in the trade. I trust that we can always improve through trades, but only if we are willing to continuously look for better fitting pieces despite the talent we offer up in a trade. The real question is can SVG take advantage of the personnel? scratch
KaySlay
KaySlay

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty The Way Out

Post  BallinD Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:05 pm

Hard choices for Team Pres. Do you double down on your handpicked team leader and watch him burn it down, or do you surrender to reality.

Oracle: Bring Reggie off the bench and make the decision that he's not a good fit! A package of Reggie, Baynes and Hilliard should fetch something really decent, hopefully a solid PG.

That would mean surrendering his signature style, the 1 in 4 out. Alas, just like the triangle, some schemes may have run their course in a 3ball league. Still need that mean, dominant big in the middle, and Dre, sadly, isn't it. Or does SVG tweak around the edges and double down on his scheme with Dre in the middle?
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Tumbleweeds...

Post  Oracle Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:08 pm

Wise wrote:We all know whats wrong with the team and we have our fact: It's Not Working! We keep breaking it down into all these little variables and then tell ourselves if we sit here long enough it's going to change.

I don't break anything down into little variables. I have ONE thing that I would change, but it takes guts to change it!

Bring Reggie off the bench and make the decision that he's not a good fit! A package of Reggie, Baynes and Hilliard should fetch something really decent, hopefully a solid PG.

The only other thing I would try is something I suggested last year, but it only became viable, IMO, this year.

If SVG is going to go big, don't do it with Baynes, play Drummond at PF in stretches with a better rim protector in Boban at center.

Also, we need more 3 point shooting, so play Beno more, but don't do it at the expense of Ish!

Most of all, remember that Panic isn't Attractive lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty We Are Far To Optimistic About This Roster

Post  WTF Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:09 pm

We all know whats wrong with the team and we have our fact: It's Not Working! We keep breaking it down into all these little variables and then tell ourselves if we sit here long enough it's going to change.

Something drastic has to change be it blowing it all up or SVG removing himself from the coaching equation all together. Last night starting lineup shows just how lost SVG become and how desperate is That **** was crazy

I don't see a core I could be happy with completely and I like Harris and Morris these are great pieces if they were on the floor with a Superstar player. Andre isn't a Superstar even though we decided to pay him like one.

Again I say that we all have witness what winning teams look like before we show what a team looks like with a Superstar on the floor. I would love to keep KCP if you're saying he would be our #1 option on offense, I'm not understanding why we are so persistent with playing the one day wait and see game

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Killed Us They Did

Post  BallinD Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:16 pm

No heart. No strategy. No playoffs. Need a shakeup!  Need a coach!

Face it, we're headed for the lottery.  How do we move forward from this.  Let Reggie get his numbers then trade him.  Trade Andre.

Keep SJ, resign KCP, keep Bullock, Ellensen, Boban, Tobias, Leuer.  Get a star to play with the players who know how to play the right way.

Good post KaySlay

FORUM - Page 38 D4c41410
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Drain the swamp!

Post  KaySlay Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:06 pm

Harris lead the Pistons with 13 pts. 13 points? Who said we have the right players? facepalm

Raise your hand if you actually watched the game last night? cheers

The epitome of the Piston's season was the play where the basketball goes past Andre into the backcourt. Andre DOES NOT pursue the ball. Reggie makes a lackadaisical effort to retrieve it. Utah recovers and drains a 3. YGTBSM! No effort, heart, or pride. Shocked
Who said these players have the right attitude? Kuester

Reggie again looks horrible and always takes the wrong route around the pick and roll, thus giving up poorly contested baskets. Utah took advantage and the Pistons were clueless in stopping it. Utah got hot, but the Pistons forgot how to close out, did not rotate, and very rarely made them put the ball on the floor and beat them by going to basket. Utah is undoubtedly a good team, but the Pistons made them look down right DOMINANT.

SVG wrote:We can't stop anybody. We just can't," Van Gundy said. "The first 21 games, we were the second-best defensive team in the league. And now we're one of the worst. I'm frustrated -- not with our players, I'm frustrated with myself. That I can't figure this out. I mean, we literally can't stop anyone. Ever.

There is before Reggie and after Reggie. I appreciate SVG taking responsibility for this mess, but cannot believe he is still saying he can't figure it out. Everyone else has, including all the players on your team coach.
KaySlay
KaySlay

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Not time to blow up...

Post  Oracle Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:01 pm

I could be wrong, but I believe we have really good players with the right attitude and above average NBA talent. In short, this team should be winning!

Talk of blowing things up is an admission of not knowing what's wrong, so take an axe to it and pray that the guy that put it together doesn't do the same thing. It's like punting on first down because you don't believe you can ever get 10 yards out of your offense.

It's better to look at facts and make logical decisions, and as I said, I could be wrong, but here's what I see.

1. I totally agree with Wise that we have a PG problem. Fact: When Ish ran the offense we were damn near impossible to beat. When Reggie comes back, it's damn near impossible to win regular.

From my perspective, that's a very important piece of information. It tells me that, while it's the PG, it's not how good the PG is himself, but how effective he is in getting out of the way of the rest of the team to unleash their talent.

When this happens, the team plays a lot smarter. Don doesn't understand that what he believes is BBall IQ is related to the system the players are tied to. A bad system encourages bad decision making by its very nature. Drummond scored and defended so much better, Harris and KCP kept the ball moving, there were fewer ISO's. The team had almost no turnovers, and none of this was an accident... In short, the team was a well oiled machine. Which leads to the next item.

2. SVG appears to be lost and his decision making suffers from possible conflicts of interest. Again I agree with Wise, WTF was that lineup? Ish getting a DNPCD and Beno farting around.

However, the biggest issue may be the fact that his role as both coach & GM may be an issue. He has emotional ties because these are his hand picked guys, a detached coach would treat Reggie differently, at least when he first came back.

Let's face it, Reggie is a very good player, but this team has matured with the addition of Harris and the emergence of KCP, who both compliment Drummond. A large percentage of KCP's assists went to Drummond, they both look for each other in an Ish offence, but not so much in a Reggie offense.

Can SVG be the coach that really tries to right the ship, or will we get more of these silly lineups and emotional decisions?

3. We also may want to disregard the teams play under certain circumstances. Without a superstar, we're very fragile when one of the component pieces is missing, unless we're at home. With KCP down, we really don't get the movement in the offense, and it's easier to cover us without that additional threat. Nobody else moves like KCP does and that limits us in certain situations.

IMO, blowing up is not an option, but hard analysis coupled with making some hard decisions is called for. I would start by saying that this is how I see things now.

Untouchable Core: Drummond, Harris, KCP

Keepers: Ish, Leuer, Stanley, Boban, Ellenson & Silent G

Everybody else could be had with the right offer, that includes: Baynes, Beno, Hilliard, Bullock and Morris
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Time To Blow Up And Reload

Post  WTF Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:27 pm

Seriously SVG started a lineup of Andre, Baynes, Harris, Morris and Jackson last night. You got to be kidding.

This team needs a star player and a solid vet or two with 2 good seasons left in their body. Enough of this crap of being a young team that needs to grow. We not freaking planting seeds in March waiting from them to blossom in June and I for one is sick of this approach.

If Andre is my franchise guy then put some freaking player in the lineup with him that compliment his talents. If 1 in and 4 out was SVG initial plan whats so freaking hard find 4 shooters put them around Andre and be done with it. This **** don't work if your leading score and ballhoger is Reggie. I love Harris and Morris but they are not consistent outside threats, I don't think KCP is horrible just not a fit in any offense that doesn't high-light his talents.

But it all really freaking starts at the PG position (Reggie) is not the way (Ish) isn't the way WTF!. Perhaps even SVG needs to be gone as well this isn't how you build a winning team. Either choose to run a traditional offense with traditional play calling get all the right pieces and go for it.

Either gather the type of talent that the Bad Boys had or coach the team in the manner of LB keeping things simple and going out and executing it. It should be that damn hard. Either coach to your talent or go get some talent. I said it way back when that it would another 15 to 20 years before this team gets another Title. Well it's 13 years and counting.

Do you see what all the contenders are doing? they are gathering talent hell Dirk might be on the Cavs by February facepalm we sit here and bank on flowers blooming in 2 or 3 years. Okay you designated Andre franchise player now put the proper players around him and demand he live up to both title and contract and start leading this freaking team and carrying it on his back.

Bump these debates about how he needs to shoot FT. No you tell his sorry as he needs to turn into Shaq like yesterday and he can miss and shoot FT however the hell he chooses as long as the team wins at the end of the day. You don't get the big contract and franchise tag and get the bullshit. Why do we even talk about leadership issues? No this MF has the title and money so he needs to lead or we need to trade his sorry ass. Fu@k your stats because your 17 rebounds in a ass kicking don't mean ****.

Same with Reggie sorry ass. Do you think he would be getting burn under Daily, LB, Rick and Flip? HELL NO!!!! maybe under Curry and Kuester but not these winning coaches. I love my fellow poster I just don't understand all the pampering and cuddling you guys do with this team. We all saw what it took to win and become champions, we saw what a difference a star play makes and if you all really set down and thought about this squad not even as good the team Grant Hill lead during his time here. It confuses me because pampering and cuddling was never the way. Waiting and seeing was never a plan.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty 8 second games?

Post  Sparma Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:32 pm

Maybe the NBA will cut out some of the ads, WTF?  I try to be an optimist where possible, but some discouraging evidence about the decline of attention span follows.  Evidently, it was never that great, at 12 seconds on average.  But since the mobile revolution, goldfish are beating us out.

I see that the USA Today story alludes that evidence. It looks like Adam Silver is specifically concerned with shortening the last minutes of the game, which I think is a great idea. Is the NBA the only game in which the final few minutes are often more dull/ anti-climatic/ chopped up into little bits than what preceded. Bored as many of you are by soccer, that's a game where if the game is tied or within a goal at the end, the last few minutes are climatic.

From time.com: "The average attention span for the notoriously ill-focused goldfish is nine seconds, but according to a new study from Microsoft Corp., people now generally lose concentration after eight seconds, highlighting the affects of an increasingly digitalized lifestyle on the brain.

Researchers in Canada surveyed 2,000 participants and studied the brain activity of 112 others using electroencephalograms (EEGs). Microsoft found that since the year 2000 (or about when the mobile revolution began) the average attention span dropped from 12 seconds to eight seconds.

“Heavy multi-screeners find it difficult to filter out irrelevant stimuli — they’re more easily distracted by multiple streams of media,” the report read."

WTF wrote:Seriously " NBA Might Shorten Games Because of Attention Spam of Millennials"  I have no words just WTF!!!!

I think the Tigers issue is getting hitting and pitching on the same page at the same time.  I won't even lie and say I watched the majority of the games though I kept up with them during the season.  It was like pitching would be great but we could never get the bats going or not having a strong closer was hunting us.  I think the Tiger need to focus on getting 1 or 2 solid relief pitchers.

I would like to see Lions shore up the secondary.  Sure the run game sucks but I don't think it was a talent issue just a health issue but that seem to always be the issues every season.  I think we need a work horse something that won't break Zenner looks like that kind of back.  Not sure if the OC would be interested in implementing that kind of game plan might be a little to old school but I like it. Give the ball to Zenner 1st and 2nd down and freaking pass on 3rd if need be.  

Who I haven't checked on are those Wings,  I'll peek in shortly haven't been too honed in on much outside of the Lions and Wolverines this year.  Sports just not what it use to be that take away the substance and add a lot of glitter and keep calling it sports.   Bullshit:fp):  
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty You're Kidding Right

Post  WTF Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:30 pm

Seriously " NBA Might Shorten Games Because of Attention Spam of Millennials" I have no words just WTF!!!!

I think the Tigers issue is getting hitting and pitching on the same page at the same time. I won't even lie and say I watched the majority of the games though I kept up with them during the season. It was like pitching would be great but we could never get the bats going or not having a strong closer was hunting us. I think the Tiger need to focus on getting 1 or 2 solid relief pitchers.

I would like to see Lions shore up the secondary. Sure the run game sucks but I don't think it was a talent issue just a health issue but that seem to always be the issues every season. I think we need a work horse something that won't break Zenner looks like that kind of back. Not sure if the OC would be interested in implementing that kind of game plan might be a little to old school but I like it. Give the ball to Zenner 1st and 2nd down and freaking pass on 3rd if need be.

Who I haven't checked on are those Wings, I'll peek in shortly haven't been too honed in on much outside of the Lions and Wolverines this year. Sports just not what it use to be that take away the substance and add a lot of glitter and keep calling it sports. Bullshit:fp):
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty KCP: My how things have changed... and Stanley

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:54 pm

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/01/steins-latest-rockets-cavaliers-blazers-pistons.html wrote:Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has moved ahead of Reggie Jackson on the list of untouchable Pistons in possible trades. Detroit is well below .500 since Jackson returned from tendinitis in his left knee in early December. Jackson, whose 5.5 assists per game are the lowest during his time in Detroit, still has three seasons and more than $51MM left on his current deal.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2017/01/13/detroit-pistons-golden-state-warriors/96522326/ wrote:“Well, he's our best three-point shooter, our best energy defender, our best energy guy, we won't miss a lot ...," Van Gundy told TNT sideline reporter Lewis Johnson.

SVG was joking, but if anyone had asked me who would be our BEST 3 point shooter, KCP would not have been at the top of my list.

This is why I always caution about judging young players too quickly if they're displaying progress each year.

The same goes for Stanley, who is struggling with his offense, but a blind man can see the tools and effort is there, we just need to be patient!

The other youngsters don't even have the clock ticking yet, IMO.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty What do Detroit fans have to look forward to?

Post  Sparma Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:25 pm

A headline at CBSSports: "Why the Tigers had MLB's worst offseason."  Ouch.

The Wings are in decline.

I guess most immediately we're rooting for a better second half of the Pistons season.

And for a good offseason for the Lions.

btw, that was a ridiculous article on Boston trading for Boban.  It all kind of made sense, from Boston's point of view; Boban looks far more valuable to us (post-Baynes, especially) than what they say is on offer.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty GAP Band "You Dropped A Bomb On Me"

Post  WTF Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:55 am

That games was horrible to watch last night I think it gave me nightmares. You know the thing about this team that bothers me most isn't the losing it their effort.

Did I expect them to match GS shooting not at all, But damn if they should be right there in matching their energy and playing smart. I guess it's me but I just don't see a lot of play calling offensively, I don't see a lot of this defense that gets talked about either.

This team has talent but brains I'm not so sure of. When the Goin To Work crew was doing their thing they weren't one of the most talented teams in the league. They were smart and well coached, they became seasoned veterans who as LB would put played the right way.

It's nothing wrong with ISO if you have the players capable to execute them. I'm stuck in the 80's but wow imagine an Andre posted in the paint ala Moses or Ewing saying give me the damn ball I got this, or Reggie ala Zeke or Chauncey coming up big with the right pass at the right time or hitting big shot. You can get consistency in a game yet alone back to back games.

I remember Joe rookie season, he was a backup that got his chance when Long went down with an injury and didn't look back. who remember that AA opened the season as a starter when Rip went down with an injury. KCP goes down and ^#%^%@!!!

I'm telling you its something wrong in the head with these player
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty If Anything

Post  BallinD Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:36 pm

We keep Boban and trade Baynes.  Duuuhhhh!

I like Gary Harris, another tough defender, a good offensive weapon who can get to the rack and draw fouls and can shoot it, be another ball handler.  Denver is reportedly indicating they want to move away from him.  He is young, could grow with the core and handle the ball, which we need, if we can convince Stan and Reggie to allow a secondary ball handler in a more motion based offense, when the Option 1, P&R gets stuffed, what is our second option outside of Iso? Marcus for a long two or Tobias for a drive to the rack, both options totally Iso with the defense fully expecting it and set to stop it.

Also we need a tough, savvy veteran presence who has a ring? Do we ride it out this year and make a move around draft time to find him to set us up for a run at it next year?
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Boban for Zeller & a 2nd rounder?

Post  Oracle Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:09 pm

Hell no, we need to keep Boban and let Baynes walk!!!
http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/celtics-trade-target-boban-marjanovic-011217?cmpid=feed:-sports-CQ-RSS-Feed wrote:To relinquish Marjanovic, Detroit would most likely require the Celtics to part ways with center Tyler Zeller, who is posting just 8.7 rebounds per 36 minutes and has not seen action since December 29th, and a future second-round pick. 
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty This Isn't News

Post  WTF Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:56 pm

That's not surprising nor a mystery. We don't have All Star caliber players so we shouldn't see their names. Can of make us look like dumdums giving Andre that max deal only to see him vanish from sight. Last season should be looked at as a stepping stone a milestone. This year it we either tripped or felled off the stone.

Admittedly at best I watched half of the games played so maybe I did miss somethings who knows but I just don't see at team that plays with efforts and passion of last season. When I look at Andre he comes off as a player that thinks he's arrived already this is not good if he thinks a max deal and 1 All Star appearance having him feeling this way. I hope he doesn't makethe All Star the next 2 seasons, he needs to be slapped back to reality.

The Pistons player that did make the All Star teams made it because they won games no other reason with the exception being perhaps Grant Hill who had the stats. Imagine what the talk would be if they were 10 games above .500 rather than struggling just to be at .500.

Our media isn't as hard as it needs to be on this team this team needs continuous dosages of hard to swallow reality pills even after they win games.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Eye Test and Reality

Post  BallinD Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:37 pm

The Eye Test is Accurate: Can We Refocus Our Efforts???

Freep Vince Ellis Chat Transcript: In a moment of candor yesterday, SVG admitted that one of his failings is he tends to make 95% of his decisions based on defense.

Makes sense Stan???  Last in the Central.  We are 10th in the league in Defense efficiency and 24th in scoring at 100.12 ppg, 26th in pace, and 21st in offensive efficiency according to Hollinger.

Similarly Basketball Reference has us 7th Defensively and 21st offensively. Give yourself a raise doofus.  Is it too much to ask for some attempt at balance???You need help.  Is it too much to ask for an offensive coordinator???

FORUM - Page 38 Yoda310
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty SVG wonders why: Pistons, SVG struggle to keep chins up as 3-pointers rain down on them

Post  Oracle Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:08 pm

http://www.nba.com/pistons/features/pistons-svg-struggle-keep-chins-3-pointers-rain-down-them wrote:OAKLAND, Calif. – A self-perpetuating dynamic applies to seeing the ball go through the basket. Unfortunately for the Pistons, it even applies across franchises.

Stan Van Gundy sees ample evidence the Pistons have turned a corner since the calendar flipped to 2017. But they’ve been scorched repeatedly by teams ablaze from the 3-point line.

This shouldn't be a mystery! Michael gave the answer to Moe years ago... you're unlucky!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Well...

Post  Oracle Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:55 pm

WTF wrote:Not really the CB's on all those plays were victims of face masking,  The could not get there heads turned because they were being faced mask and the contact and arrival of the balls were all but exact.  

As I said we may not have won any of those games all I want to see is a fair fight.  I forgot the no call on Jones that ball looked very catch-able to me if you're not being held.  Man I saw late hits on Stafford not call, blocking from behind calls on a couple of those Seattle runs

The issue with Bolden was a mystery to me but as far as I can remember he's been nothing but an outstanding citizen as far as the field this season and his career.  I felt that there was something going on that he got those call, certainly didn't help our cause but there was something to it.   I see that behavior out of Jones and Tate before Bolden so it was shocking.

In in case I'm still proud of my Lions and hopefully as always maybe next year.  I guess I'll see a Super Bowl before I die tb
There's this new invention called a television...

FORUM - Page 38 Apple_Television

Super Bowl LI
NFL Super Bowl round
Sunday, February 5, 3:30 PM on FOX
NRG Stadium, Houston, Texas

If you can last that long lol lol lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content