Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
Phil-Good
cool breeze
Sparma
Oracle
Go Stones!
Murph
WTF
KaySlay
12 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Here's some late lunch tidbits

Post  deusXango Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:19 pm

"The current Pistons just don’t seem to add up. They have talent at each position. They have talent coming off the bench. They have young guys and old guys. They have cornerstone draft picks and some second-chance guys. They have a coach in Stan Van Gundy who has reached the NBA Finals. They have all the pieces. It’s just that the pieces don’t quite seem to fit together."-Jamie Samuelson

It's the coaches job to make the pieces fit!! This is a more talented TEAM than the one we had representing the "D" last year; why are we performing the same? Ish Smith and Beno Udrih are on the same level as Steve Blake? Anthony Tolliver brought as much to the table, if not more, than Jon Leuer? Child please! We should stop basing our hopes for success today, based on yesterdays glory. Sure SVG reached the NBA Finals, but when and look at how much the game has changed since then; he hasn't. Reggie had an outstanding year, last year, but, that was before the increased asthma attacks, plasma injection to his knee, and infusion of talent on the TEAM around him; why hasn't he changed his game? Until the leadership (Stan and Reggie) changes, the pieces won't fit.

"For all the talk about the chemistry between Jackson and Drummond, I think the larger issue might be the chemistry between Jackson and Caldwell-Pope. Both can score. KCP is a better defender. But they don’t seem to fit together quite like other guard duos in Pistons history. When you watch Ish Smith play with Caldwell-Pope and others, there is a better flow. Smith brings the ball up knowing that he’s not the primary option. Jackson doesn't."-Jamie Samuelson
Why in the hell is SVG stuck on the pick & roll and allowing the ball handlers (his PG's) to shoot whenever the mood strikes them (eliminating TEAM participation in the offense, for the most part!)? Isiah and Chauncey both had more to work with in the pick & roll, and I'd be out of my mind to place Reggie in the same class with either one of them; they bonded with their backcourt mates and they utilized the talents of their teammates. From Chuck's "take no prisoners" philosophy to LB's mantra of "playing the right way," there was no chaotic offense allowed, led by their PG.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Is It Just Me

Post  BallinD Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:39 pm

Is it just me, or has all the air been sucked out of the balloon post All Star Break...

Reggie and Dre and SVG, the three horsemen of the Pistons Apocalypse.  Clueless, Lazy and Confused. What began as a high vs. Charlotte, has become a downer  Sleep as SVG is determined to pound a square peg (RJax) into a round hole and can't figure out why it don't work

And so he tinkers and doubles down to try harder, while we fans want to see Team Ball, movement, motion, fast breaks, all of which leads to energized Defense... and is Fun To Watch!!!  

When they plod plod plod and I am forced to yell at my TV cause there is no movement, long 2-pointers are thrown up ad nauseum, no plays seem to be run, and SVG could care less. Ish is given a paltry few minutes to get in rhythm and then its back to Reggie, who -- how can I say it -- even when he plays decently, never (rarely) makes anyone else better, never seems to be playing team ball.  

And inexplicably??? he has little-to-no chemistry/synergy with our two best offensive players KCP and Tobias!?!?!?  

Is it just me?? Watching my favorite team is supposed to be fun!?!?!?  Instead I get to gripe and bitch and watch Reggie pound the ball as SVG  jocolor pounds the square peg into the round hole!?!?!!

Last edited by BallinD on Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oops)
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Think on this with your early morning coffee

Post  deusXango Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:23 am

It's time for Stan Van Gundy to vacate one of the chairs; team president or coach. This seasons sub .500 team has to be fixed, while it's time. We listen to sh!t and wait one more year, we're done!! This is no way to be heading downtown.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty NBA 2-MAN LINEUPS Analytics: The verdict is in...

Post  Oracle Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:20 am

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Reggie

Post  Sparma Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:57 pm

I was listening to NBA radio on Sirius, and they were lambasting Jackson for hoisting up the super long, ill timed, 3 against Boston. Dude's getting national attention, but for the wrong reasons.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Lets See Now

Post  lemonpen Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:17 pm

Oracle wrote:No, he didn't say that, but after KCP's 3 puts us ahead by one point, and we have the ball, Reggie loses the game for us(video in link)

Generalship. How much trouble did ISH have finding the HOT guy. What more is there to see. Some guys can bury all self interests for the team / win, and some can't.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Reggie Jackson: I can't let KCP be the only hero

Post  Oracle Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:32 pm

No, he didn't say that, but after KCP's 3 puts us ahead by one point, and we have the ball, Reggie loses the game for us(video in link)

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Yesssssssssirrrr!

Post  BallinD Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:09 pm

This is what happens when you let Reggie  facepalm close out games SVG... Kuester
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Reggie Jackson...

Post  Oracle Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:44 pm

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond the 3 point line, he takes a shot with 12 seconds left on the clock where he NEVER passed the ball once, and we only needed a 2 point shot!

WTF is this guy thinking????

What a dumb F**K!!!

Game over!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty DX

Post  BallinD Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:08 pm

Dude...I can't believe this either. IMO, this is why there are so few GM/Coaches, because it takes a special type of backbone to handle the competing pressures and the tendency to double down and play your "favorites," "sons," as Cool calls em.

SVG is worried about trying to get RJax going instead of worrying how to separate the siamese twins (Dre and RJax) and getting them to play the right way, as you pointed out. What about team??? Who really cares about RJax feelings, the dufus who quit on the team vs Chicago, the fool who can't see we are winning 7 of our last 10 playing the right way, not with the P&R heavily featured.

Laimbeer as asst coach and big man coach. Yes!! Don't give up on Dre until we figure out we can do better than Aaron Gray and better than SVG coddling his "favorites." Yet SVG is worried about Reggie?? Wow!!

deusXango wrote:Stan Van Gundy's chink in his armor is getting stuck on players he signs, i.e. Jodie Meeks, to Reggie Jackson, Josh Smith being the exception. He holds on too long and tends to shoot himself in the foot. Even with that being said, he's a better president than coach! What's his real problem? As Bo Schembechler would say, "he ain't a Michigan man!" The only reason he's here is because of the power and money Tom Gores has given him; there was a better way to come back from where Joe Dumars had taken this franchise.

There were proven, successful, executive candidates to be considered for the Pistons presidency; there were some coaching candidates that wouldn't be baffled with what to do with our PG situation and would have had a foot in Andre's ass, to play defense, and guard the paint with fire, even if he never made more than 50% of his FT's. Talking about Bill Laimbeer, and his #1 main man, Rick Mahorn. I know damn well we'd be seeing a more improved performance from Drummond from night-to-night and he'd be playing up to his contract! These are accomplished, veteran, big men who played with/against some of the best PG's in the history of the NBA...they wouldn't have time for divas. That's all folks!
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Re-visiting a bit of nonsense

Post  deusXango Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:32 pm

Stan Van Gundy's chink in his armor is getting stuck on players he signs, i.e. Jodie Meeks, to Reggie Jackson, Josh Smith being the exception. He holds on too long and tends to shoot himself in the foot. Even with that being said, he's a better president than coach! What's his real problem? As Bo Schembechler would say, "he ain't a Michigan man!" The only reason he's here is because of the power and money Tom Gores has given him; there was a better way to come back from where Joe Dumars had taken this franchise.

There were proven, successful, executive candidates to be considered for the Pistons presidency; there were some coaching candidates that wouldn't be baffled with what to do with our PG situation and would have had a foot in Andre's ass, to play defense, and guard the paint with fire, even if he never made more than 50% of his FT's. Talking about Bill Laimbeer, and his #1 main man, Rick Mahorn. I know damn well we'd be seeing a more improved performance from Drummond from night-to-night and he'd be playing up to his contract! These are accomplished, veteran, big men who played with/against some of the best PG's in the history of the NBA...they wouldn't have time for divas. That's all folks!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:07 pm

BallinD wrote:Rob Beard of the Detroit News during a recent interview said he thought Dre "brings it" about 30 games during the season.  I gotta find the link.  Is he sulking because his "best friend" can't play worth a damn now.  After the all star break, after 5 days off, after seeing his name mentioned as "tradeable" after having that fire lit under him, he sh!t the bed at the Palace.  Can he replicate Stanley and lose 20 pounds.  Can he ever learn?  Can we move on?

Lazy, disinterested, "getting numbers," is this the dark side of the "Reggie-Dre "best friend synergy." What about TEAM, Dre? Oh it's all about you and your girlfriend running the two-man game in the P&R and that's that?  It's about cashing checks? now you got the big contract? Who knows what's going on with this headcase??? and his buttbuddy, Mr. Dribbledribbledribble.

We've seen this before.  I really think he and Reggie need to go...no Pistons DNA.  I know it's too late for the trade deadline, but can we sell going into the draft and get a high draft pick for our "No Pistons DNA" players? Should we be trying to build around KCP and our forwards?    That would be a retooling, not a re-build.

I watch Dre on offense and its always "dipsy doo" some finesse move or fade away hook.  He very rarely throws his body into anybody. Why does he shy away from contact when he is such a physical specimen?  Soft?  No Pistons DNA? He doesn't box out, he does not back his man down, even when he has a mismatch, he finesses, unless someone throws him the AlleyOoop, he rarely dunks. Piston's DNA?  We know what it is on Defense, "none-existence" matador style stumblebum, but there are tantalizing games like the 7 block game a while back, then he regresses again.

During the Hornets win, he sat stoic on the bench while even Reggie seemed excited at the comeback.  It reminded me of his sulking attitude when the Stones clinched the playoffs last season.   Did anybody else see that from our "future HOF" player??

Can somebody else help me figure this out?  No future moving forward with these two?  How can we make the playoffs with our cornerstones MIA.  Can we trust to build a franchise around either one of these?? Somebody talk me down.  It's Ish's Team and KCP is Robin.  Marcus is Alfred.  

Is KCP morphing into Batman, our streakiest and MVP, to compliment Morris's toughness and Harris's consistent efficiency?  

In the Hornets game, Leuer had 9 rebounds, Morris 8 and T Harris 7.  Can we continue to explore small ball and play Dre like the Warriors played Bogut?  What can Ellensen do in a small-ball scheme? Can we continue to win while platooning Dre?  I say, why not let Dre and Reggie ride the pine until they "get it." Since they probably won't... they will have to go.  It's about team, defense and smart, efficient offensive effort.

I have to confess that I was pulling for the Hornets to blow out our Piston franchise players and they were doing it too. Then SVG sold out his two Sons and I know that must have really hurt their feelings. What a position for a Father to bench his own sons in a big game. Don't expect that Andre and Reggie won't be right back where Daddy promised them to be in that starting lineup before the next game starts. When coach Van Gundy started that same lame unit at the start of the 2nd half I actually laughed. Andre Drummond has no excuses. He never took advantage of the opportunity to learn how to play the game as a kid. Now he is like an adult person trying to learn how to skate like a professional hockey player when he never put on the skates before signing a big contract. When I see him stand and watch a driver come into the paint and there is no mental reaction let alone a physical one, it shows me that he must be wondering if he wore the right outfit that will make him look good when he goes out to the clubs after the game. Nothing is going on in Andre Drummond's brain when he is on the hardwood and attempting to play defense. Stan Van Gundy talks about how he will not trade and of his players for after market parts. Has he lost his mind? The only reason why Andre Drummond is playing is because management made a huge mistake in not just letting this man go. And I really wonder just how much another team would have paid Andre Drummond. I can't imagine any team that had a GM who actually watched Drummond play more than 3 times, that his agent could spin a positive argument that would suggest that Andre Drummond is worth much of anything. He ruins team chemistry because his teammates know he doesn't have the basketball IQ necessary to ever do the right thing on the floor when it counts. Andre must have a very high IQ off the court because he sure has been able to fool a very rich man named Tom Gores. But what about SVG? He is known as a smart coach. How in hell could he ever give his OK for the owner to make Drummond the franchise player? SVG handles Andre with kid gloves. Instead of saying to Andre, screw you big guy, you will use that shooting coach instead of your selected coach to teach you how to shoot free throws. What a wimp this coach turns out to be. We all thought that if the owner gave the head coach the power to do whatever he wanted, then the players would have to comply with some standards.

I really liked all the posts from dX and Oracle. But Ballin you did a great job here with your identification of this insane relationship between Reggie and Andre. Now we need to add the coach in this love triangle. The rest of the team must be considered as just spare parts for this coach moving forward. There will be games like the last one when the coach will try to win and sit both of them at times. But how they played in this last game will soon be forgotten by this coach like it never happened. I have no beef with Reggie Jackson other than he should just decide that it would be best for him and the team to sit out the rest of the season and come back next year healthy. I don't blame Drummond for getting his huge wad of money either even though that one million dollars per month kills Detroit's chances of becoming more competitive with the top teams. We have to blame the owner and Stan Van Gundy for offering that stupid contract to Andre and then for not giving him away for nothing if necessary just to move the contract. My bet is that the owner would have had to agree to kick in about half of the $22 Mil this season and half for the remaining years as well to get any type of deal. That would not be such a bad deal for the Pistons. The important positive spin SVG put on things was that he actually received some calls about Andre possibly being available. WOW!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Eye Test and Confirmation. Small Ball?

Post  BallinD Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:15 pm

Rob Beard of the Detroit News during a recent interview said he thought Dre "brings it" about 30 games during the season.  I gotta find the link.  Is he sulking because his "best friend" can't play worth a damn now.  After the all star break, after 5 days off, after seeing his name mentioned as "tradeable" after having that fire lit under him, he sh!t the bed at the Palace.  Can he replicate Stanley and lose 20 pounds.  Can he ever learn?  Can we move on?

Lazy, disinterested, "getting numbers," is this the dark side of the "Reggie-Dre "best friend synergy." What about TEAM, Dre? Oh it's all about you and your girlfriend running the two-man game in the P&R and that's that?  It's about cashing checks? now you got the big contract? Who knows what's going on with this headcase??? and his buttbuddy, Mr. Dribbledribbledribble.

We've seen this before.  I really think he and Reggie need to go...no Pistons DNA.  I know it's too late for the trade deadline, but can we sell going into the draft and get a high draft pick for our "No Pistons DNA" players? Should we be trying to build around KCP and our forwards?    That would be a retooling, not a re-build.

I watch Dre on offense and its always "dipsy doo" some finesse move or fade away hook.  He very rarely throws his body into anybody. Why does he shy away from contact when he is such a physical specimen?  Soft?  No Pistons DNA? He doesn't box out, he does not back his man down, even when he has a mismatch, he finesses, unless someone throws him the AlleyOoop, he rarely dunks. Piston's DNA?  We know what it is on Defense, "none-existence" matador style stumblebum, but there are tantalizing games like the 7 block game a while back, then he regresses again.

During the Hornets win, he sat stoic on the bench while even Reggie seemed excited at the comeback.  It reminded me of his sulking attitude when the Stones clinched the playoffs last season.   Did anybody else see that from our "future HOF" player??

Can somebody else help me figure this out?  No future moving forward with these two?  How can we make the playoffs with our cornerstones MIA.  Can we trust to build a franchise around either one of these?? Somebody talk me down.  It's Ish's Team and KCP is Robin.  Marcus is Alfred.  

Is KCP morphing into Batman, our streakiest and MVP, to compliment Morris's toughness and Harris's consistent efficiency?  

In the Hornets game, Leuer had 9 rebounds, Morris 8 and T Harris 7.  Can we continue to explore small ball and play Dre like the Warriors played Bogut?  What can Ellensen do in a small-ball scheme? Can we continue to win while platooning Dre?  I say, why not let Dre and Reggie ride the pine until they "get it." Since they probably won't... they will have to go.  It's about team, defense and smart, efficient offensive effort.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Oracle

Post  deusXango Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:08 am

Oracle, you're right, I did come on (unintentionally) strong and you've got every right to be shocked. Shocked I simply don't value KCP or Jackson more than Drummond on this flawed roster, and I read extensively about the "Stones" on other sites...I've read a wide variety of views on the teams personnel. Having said that, what about this?

"While Smith has been good in a larger role, with increased minutes, it’s not the long-term answer that the Pistons are looking for. Van Gundy maintains that if they are going to make a run in the final 24 games and into the playoffs, Jackson likely will have to work through his woes be a part of that."
If Isiah Thomas was signed here, instead of Boston, he'd be coming off our bench, playing behind a less effective Reggie Jackson? Not saying Smith will be an All-Star but, he's damn sure more effective and exciting than Jackson. Why does Jackson have to be a part of this final 24 game run, with what's at stake?

“He’s a pick-and-roll player — it’s the game he wants to play. He’s frustrated that we’re not playing enough of it,” Van Gundy said.
Bullsh!t. The Pistons are playing more pick and roll, with Jackson in there, than they did last year, just not as effectively! Excuses, excuses, excuses.

“We need to get to a point where we’re playing better out of that. That’s not all on him — that’s me and teammates and that’s him. It’s all of us trying to find the answer to where he’s playing better and we’re getting the most out of his abilities.”
First of all, the pick and roll is a player limited play, isn't it? What can SVG and the starters do to correct Jackson going 1 for 6 in 20 minutes? His abilities seem to be running a limited, plodding, offense, that features him as the star. It's ineffective, unexciting, and the TEAM looses more than it wins. WTF is going on in Van Gundy's head?

We're "stuck" with Drummond, which ain't too bad, but between Jackson and KCP, I'll take KCP every day of the week! This is the main reason I was for trading Jackson by the trade deadline (get what we could, while the getting was good and pay KCP Jackson's contract); we never fully, rationally explored what we could've gotten for Reggie. For those that feel Smith isn't a long term answer for this TEAM, I won't argue against you but, he and Beno can certainly bring us home this year better than we finished in last years campaign.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty DX

Post  Oracle Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:33 pm

DX wrote:KCP a max player? Hell to the naw!!! How can fans rip Drummond, for his basic basketball flaws, but don't blink an eye when talk of giving KCP a max deal comes up?

I'm really shocked by your outrage, where is that coming from?

Can you name ONE person here that thinks that KCP deserves the max?

We don't have any max players on this team yet, and IMO, Drummond is the LEAST deserving, and also IMO, doesn't get ripped enough for hardly improving since his rookie season defensively. Hell Baynes is rated much higher than Drummond defensively, and he can hardly move!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty I'm not a hater, really!

Post  deusXango Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:54 pm

KCP a max player? Hell to the naw!!! How can fans rip Drummond, for his basic basketball flaws, but don't blink an eye when talk of giving KCP a max deal comes up? He has as many flaws, if not more, than Andre. He certainly hasn't made his stamp on the franchise or league like Andre has. Does he deserve a significant raise? Yes, but not a max.

Has KCP lead in any category, on either side of the ball, since he's been in the NBA? Has he been named to any All-NBA teams? All-Star appearances? Absent any "yeses" to any of those questions, what would a max contract be based on? What are we doing as a team (a team that's fought for an 8th seed last year and fighting to hold no to one this year) that already has the 3rd highest payroll in the entire league, with nothing to show for it? As a fan of the game, I can't honestly say I'm okay with elevating KCP to the level of a genuine max contract player. I don't care what other franchise overpays a mediocre player for what they hope he'll develop into, I ain't for us doing it...wait until that player develops to the max level, then pay him accordingly.

Now that I think about it, what/who/when was the last time a players first contract (after their rookie contract) was a max?! KCP is not a Joe Dumars, Vinnie Johnson, or "Rip" Hamilton...he's not a Dave Bing, Eddie Miles, or any of the outstanding SG's we had that never signed a maximum contract with us; what makes KCP so special? This is why SVG should've traded Jackson and Baynes, by the deadline, for expiring contracts, if nothing else, so we could resign KCP to the contract he deserves. Sh!t's going to start biting us in the ass soon...I hope it doesn't but, wait and see.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty KCP: It's a bit more complicated...

Post  Oracle Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:04 pm

Lemon wrote:Am I relegated to accepting him as a double edged sword, balancing hot shooting streakiness against suspect shot selection.

Quick Answer: Hell Yes!!!

Do you complain about a child falling so many times before they learn to walk? No, because you recognize the process they need to traverse to get it right.

Same theory applies to guys not yet out of their rookie contract. Young players SHOULD be coach pleasers, later in their careers, they'll break away more.

But here's where it gets complicated: It's not that players miss shots, it's the shots that they miss or make that tells you who they are!

When they hit the BIG shots, the game changers, that's when you know a player has something inside that forces excellence when the moment demands it.

KCP came up big in the playoffs and he tends to come up big when the team needs it, when the sense of urgency is there.

Some of that comes from Ish! I don't know if anyone notices, but Ish gets way more active when we need it and in the 4th, he really drives the team and creates opportunities.

The coupling of that activity with KCP's sense of urgency rubs off on Harris & Morris who both respond better when somebody leads!

Don't give up on Reggie just yet, he has the same instinct, but not the involve others gene, so in the playoffs, maybe he's better at backup SG?

I guess Don picked the wrong week to trade KCP for a bag of rattlesnakes lol

Links:
1. KCP snagged two of the top 10 plays of last nights games(at nba.com), including the #1 spot - http://www.nba.com/video/2017/02/24/20170223-top-10, Ish got one as well.
2. For a great video review of the game see here - http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2017/2/24/14722234/pistons-high-low-kcps-late-game-heroics-spark-pistons-win-caldwell-pope-kemba
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty KC3

Post  BallinD Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:46 pm

Well Lemon, I think a big part of it is that Coach admitted he never met a trey he didn't like (scheme).

SVG: "For as hard as I am to please in a lot of areas, I don't really get on guys a whole lot about shots," Van Gundy said. "I've had a lot of fans email me, rip me apart (about) quick shots. Things like that. I get it. Hell, I grew up around the game. My dad probably gets pissed off watching the game on TV, coaching for 40 years, some of the shots that we take."  

Now, that being said, it would behoove KCP to gain some BBall IQ and expand his game to include floaters, attacking the basket, more cutting etc. But if your coach is cheering you on to keep shooting when you're 2-12 from 3, I think it is laziness on SVG part and inability to design a modern offense...see GS and Toronto and Cleveland, SA, other teams who shoot and make a lot of threes and still move the ball and utilize offensive motion.  The good news is we do have Ish pushing the point.

lemonpen wrote:Boy o Boy, I know that performance just killed Cool Breeze last night.  It was killing me too.  Pope is more reckless than a gunslinger.  Yeah the late treys fell, but......  
His similar attempts earlier in the game had me muttering ugly things for 3 quarters.  

Am I relegated to accepting him as a double edged sword, balancing hot shooting streakiness  against suspect shot selection.  After a timely offensive rebound with about a minute left I wonder if Harris would have passed the ball out to KCP (with 22 sec on the shot clock) if he thought Pope would immediately shoot the trey.  I can still hear my voice yelling Noooooo!!!.

KCP has managed to improve some aspect of his game each off season.  I wonder if the next level of offensive improvement will be more cerebral.   Pope has tools.  Will he develop a better strategy for attacking situations and opponents.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty KCP

Post  Go Stones! Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:50 pm

I believe KCP is running around defensively and it drains him enough that his 3 point shot is off by just a little. My solution would be to get a great bench SG that could spell him more often so his shot would improve from more rest.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty KCP

Post  lemonpen Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:53 pm

Boy o Boy, I know that performance just killed Cool Breeze last night. It was killing me too. Pope is more reckless than a gunslinger. Yeah the late treys fell, but......
His similar attempts earlier in the game had me muttering ugly things for 3 quarters.

Am I relegated to accepting him as a double edged sword, balancing hot shooting streakiness against suspect shot selection. After a timely offensive rebound with about a minute left I wonder if Harris would have passed the ball out to KCP (with 22 sec on the shot clock) if he thought Pope would immediately shoot the trey. I can still hear my voice yelling Noooooo!!!.

KCP has managed to improve some aspect of his game each off season. I wonder if the next level of offensive improvement will be more cerebral. Pope has tools. Will he develop a better strategy for attacking situations and opponents.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Loud and Clear

Post  Go Stones! Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:26 am

It spoke volumes who closed out the game last night.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Traditional PG Not Quite But Close Enough

Post  WTF Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:32 am

Oracle wrote:Is there anyone out there that still wonders who should be the starting PG for this team? Yeah, he lacks a pedigree, and he's not a blue blood, or basketball royalty, he's just a guy that gets the job done, and we win when he's doing it.

Ish did what a PG was suppose to do, I recall Chauncey having a big scoring game and the media as usual was so damn giddy about it and made a big deal about it as they do. Then all of a sudden LB happened, in that presser after the game and said hit could give a rats ass he would have been more happier had he scored 4 points, didn't turn the ball over and had 10 assist. I think LB would have loved Ish's 5 points and 16 assist night

I still don't think Ish would be the answer long term for the team though he doesn't hurt us now. I know this is gonna sound strange but we do need another PG in the mode of Chauncey or something very similar because in terms of running an offense I think he was the best PG we had here, no disrespect to Zeke because I would take another Zeke in a heart beat, Zeke was a leader no doubt but I Chauncey job might have been a little more than Zeke's as far as leadership goes and running an offense.

But yes we need a PG that knows when to pick his spot, be big at crunch time, vocal on the floor and directing traffic. I want one built in the same physical maybe a little faster but the same mode capable of the same things. Particularly being able to play with his back to the basket. Yeah I know strange considering how much I harp about having Burke all the time. Just something special about him and it's going to show itself soon.

I don't like Reggie style of play, his attitude or approach to the games and I guess my hesitation with issue is although more tamed he has some of that Reggie Bullshit in him as well. We saw it when he played in Philly
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Now this is the type double-talk that has me scratching my head!

Post  deusXango Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:31 am

“We’ve got to figure it out,” Stan Van Gundy said when asked about possible lineup changes. “We’ve got to get (Jackson) going. We’ve got to be able to play with the same energy and spirit that we do with (Smith) in there.”

Oracle, I'd like to thank you for the shout out, but BallinD sets a high bar and is one hell-of-an-act to follow! tb
Getting to my confusion; wasn't the question about "possible lineup changes?" What's to figure out? Why is he talking about getting Jackson going? We've already had a lineup change (starting Leuer and bringing Harris off the bench) and that hasn't gotten Jackson going, certainly not the TEAM under his leadership. Playing "with the same energy and spirit that we do with (Smith) in there," sounds to me like the emphasis is more on keeping Smith out of the starting lineup than putting the TEAM in the best position to win. This is our PG play... Last night Smith scored 5 points, but contributed 16 assists, in an overtime, comeback win; the game before that, Jackson scored 22 points, but contributed 4 assists. Stan, we're talking PG! Your floor general...leader of the TEAM! I'm scratching my head because SVG is still scratching his, at this late date.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty No News Is Good News

Post  Murph Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:29 am

Glad to see the Pistons stood pat at the trade deadline yesterday, and didn't do anything crazy like dump their future HOF center, or give up on Reggie Jackson too soon.

Nice game last night.  Hopefully, the Pistons can build on this win and climb back into contention for the 6th or 7th seed.  This team has a ton of talent.  If the Pistons could ever gel, they have a chance at a 1st round upset and to advance into the 2nd round for the first time in 9 years.  And it might be that Smith should start for now, as the Pistons have much better chemistry with Smith at the point.   16 assists keeps everyone happy.

It takes time to build a contender, but the Pistons are slowly moving in the right direction. 2 thumbs up

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Thrilla from Mani... oops, the Palace :)

Post  Oracle Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:35 am

Before I start, let me say DX & Ballin deserve a loud shout out for their great posts peppered with some inventive stuff!

DX: "over-priced Siamese, who're joined at the trifling" - sweet Smile 

Ballin: "Dish Smith" - right on point, and not his first!

Wow, and hero's abound, Dish Ish, Harris, but of course, it was KCP's night.

Is there anyone out there that still wonders who should be the starting PG for this team? Yeah, he lacks a pedigree, and he's not a blue blood, or basketball royalty, he's just a guy that gets the job done, and we win when he's doing it.

There are no MAX players on this team, and I don't really think Reggie is over paid, but Drummond certainly is.

Having said that, and while I wouldn't want to pay KCP the max, if there's one guy on this team that I would over pay, it would be the guy that has character, works hard, constantly improves an shows flashes of being CLUTCH and can put the team on his back.

I agree with DX, Ish brings out the best in the players we have, and he did the same with Drummond, and that's who we need to get Dre back involved and active.

Next up, the streaking Celtics!

Let's see is SVG has learned anything... correction, after saying this...

SVG wrote:“We’ve got to figure it out,” Stan Van Gundy said when asked about possible lineup changes. “We’ve got to get (Jackson) going. We’ve got to be able to play with the same energy and spirit that we do with (Smith) in there.”

The question is if he'll DO anything!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next