Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
deusXango
FlyDog
Oracle
cool breeze
WTF
Murph
Go Stones!
Sebastian
BallinD
Sparma
14 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Standing pat

Post  deusXango Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:28 pm

That "standing pat" philosophy galled me to no ends; trade deadlines..."standing pat"...FA signings..."standing pat." We're coming out of an unnecessary hole as the result of "standing pat." Bravo for SVG!

I love what Lemon, wrote about our starters; why do some of us want to fix something that's not broken? Not broken and not fully developed either. Give these guys a chance and we may do what we've always done, and that's shock the world!

Ish Smith is a deal and he has skill (for a 12-15 minute backup), so I'm applauding SVG & Co. for this early, prudent signing. I always seem to fall hard for a player who I envision as having great potential but, they always fall on their faces; I don't believe Henry Ellenson is going to be one of them! I also believe his skillset, and ceiling makes signing Al Horford a little ridiculous at this point.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Smith = Meeks?

Post  Oracle Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:17 pm

Well, in dollars, but hopefully he'll stay healthy!

This was a REALLY good move! Smith has high assists for a PG on a bad team, where PG's usually seek to pad their own numbers.

My hesitation was only his size, but from the video below, we se that he can throw it down. For what he's hired to do, he will be an instant super upgrade over Steve Blake.

He has the speed and the moves that will force opposing teams to have to guard him and leave shooters open.

SVG made another smart move, and this move alone moves us up the seeding order because the bench won't be holding us back like last year, where the bench lost us at least 7-15 games.

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty SVG's tactic

Post  Go Stones! Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:46 pm

I love how he took Ish Smith (starting PG for a bad team) and gave him great money increase, but decent compared to what Jennings (10+) and DJ (7+) are about to get.

I see SVG going hard after Horford, but getting ready to sign people like Harkless and TRobinson to add more depth. This also secures more money for later. I heard Harkless can guard 2,3,4. I know SVG likes people who can guard multiple spots. I think when the Pistons are a legit playoff team later in the year, they could add someone who was waived. It also will prove that SVG is a good spender in FA.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Partly Sunny Forecast

Post  Sparma Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:05 am

Looks like we're solidifying ourselves as a competitive team. Hard to see championship aspirations on the horizon though, unless Drummond can pull it together and become a genuine superstar. Even then, I think we'd need to catch some big breaks (like Ellenson becoming an outstanding player) to hope to contend within a few years.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Boooooooooooo!!!!!

Post  WTF Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:35 am

Didn't want no damn Ish Smith I hope this was done cheaply. Max Deal for Andre not sure how I feel about that but sure to let everyone know if his ass still clanking FT's and sitting at crunch time this season.

Team still needs to get a veteran voice in the locker room and someone to push this young group.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty FA day

Post  merc Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:28 am

So we got the speedster Ish Smith... I believe DX was high on him.
They're also about to sign Dre for 5/130+
Also interested in TRob and Harkless if you believe Stein, Mayo & Alexander
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:37 pm

lemonpen wrote:Meeks:
A 2019 second round pick is about as worthless a return as imaginable.  That’s all you need to know about how far down the ranking he slipped.

Spencer D.:
Dude was pretty much doomed after that horrendous summer league performance.  Then, could not once in 5 months look like a better option than Blake.   Stanley, take notice.  continue to dominate those who you’re supposed to, hen you're supposed to.

Jeremy Lin:
He is a ball hog that fit Charlotte perfectly with their ball hogging guard dominant offense.  I don’t want our backup youngsters to develop at the same glacial pace that Frank the Tank has, just because the PG has something to proove.  

Steve Blake:
Don’t write him off just yet.  No, he can’t stay in front of front line PG’s.  But, he knows how to make good use of the talent around him, and for a 38 year old he can still get his own shot (when needed).   SVG is in the process of improving our bench talent level which can undoubtedly make Blake better.  All of the above becomes a real possibility if SVG can lure a PF that consumes a huge portion of our free CAP space.  (Anderson, Horford, ect)

Reggie Bullock:
Maybe SVG and company saw something too.  For a guy who was mostly considered a throw-in with Marcus it looks like his stock is rising.  Meeks sudden but welcome departure kicks the door wide open for Reggie and Hilliard.  Let the cream rise!!

Free Agents:
Almost every team is flush with $$$$$$ to spend.  Keep in mind that not only did the CAP rise but so did the FLOOR.  Lots of teams are going to have to spend more to reach the new minimum team salary.  This creates an environment where LOTS of players are going to get truly undeserved bloated contracts ……… probably including our free agents.  As I heard yesterday on the “RIGHT TIME” we are gonna be saying “DAMN, HE GOT HOW MUCH !?!?!?!?!”.

Dre:
I don’t feel the same trepidation at all over giving him a max deal.  The kid is a baby BEAST who is improving rapidly.  We'll deal with the flaws as we go.

Starters:
We’ve faulted this team for so long over failing to develop young players.  Well as soon as we get a squad of young guns with enough gumption to MAKE a playoff (not to mention look decent while in there), we’re now looking to dispatch some of them.  I guess they couldn’t possibly develop any further.  
For the record I clearly see Reggie Jackson as our leader.  He talks the talk, walks the walk, assumes responsibility for mess-ups, improves his game, and encourages/pushes others.  He has the game, the swagger, the smarts, and the inner motivation.  I can’t believe youse would even question it.

Coach:
I’m beginning to see why he rarely misses the playoffs.  Son-of-a-gun doesn’t stand for mediocrity very long.

Lemonpen I commend you for not bashing Steve Blake. Steve is a great guy and a tough player with a good basketball brain. And he is a great teammate. There are not many point guards who are still standing at age 38 in the NBA. I think considering the circumstances last season, Blake was an upgrade over some of the point guards that preceded him. He does pass the ball unlike many other guards. Just wish he had become a Piston at an earlier age. Steve has never been a hot dog like so many undisciplined players we have watched in the past. SVG could add him as a 3rd point guard and player coach to help out our number 2 pick. But it appears SVG will attempt to land a younger guy to fill the backup role.

I think that more and more teams are going to scrap the idea of carrying two high priced point guards. The point forward plan might be the norm in a few years as the bigger players come in with amazing ball skills.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Conditional Huh?

Post  lemonpen Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:56 pm

Sparma wrote:Yep, if he gets hurt again, he's sunk.  

That brings to mind that I saw the 2nd pick Orlando sends us as "conditional."  I suppose they want some kind of security that'd he be able to get his minutes in.
Doesn't that further devalue the compensation. Maybe we shouda just agreed on the bag o balls in return.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Lemon

Post  Sparma Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:45 pm

Yep, if he gets hurt again, he's sunk.

That brings to mind that I saw the 2nd pick Orlando sends us as "conditional." I suppose they want some kind of security that'd he be able to get his minutes in.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Gussing Game

Post  lemonpen Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:37 pm

Sparma wrote:I had more of a Peircean "guess" in mind that either is or is not subsequently confirmed by the data.  We shall see, in short.

Still, I'm game, so here are some reasons for my guess:

1) Meeks' first year with the Pistons was well below his preceding year.  
2) His second year was nearly completely wiped out.
3) The salary cap's going way up.
4) The 6.5 mil Meeks is owed should be below the league's average this coming year.
5) If healthy, I think it's likely Meeks will be able to equal his first year performance with the Pistons.
6) That itself would mean outperforming the 6.5 mil owed him in his last year.   Put differently, you'd need to get lucky to sign a player for this year for 6.5 who'd equal what Meeks did in his first year here.  It's not something you can count on.  In fact, there's a good chance we'll spend a lot more (half of our cap) to get a player who might equal what Meeks did the first year [but at the position we want, which is why we're willing to pay more than for Meeks.]
7) But actually history shows that players tend play above their average in a salary year.
Cool Meeks is in a salary year.
9) He's likely to come closer (if healthy and given minutes) to his salary year performance with the Lakers than his first year in Detroit.
10) That level of performance would be worth way more than the now below league average (I think!) 6.5 mil.

In addition, Orlando gets the windfall of the expiring contract at the end of the year.

I support the Meeks trade, but with the caveat that he should easily be earning that 6.5 this year.

lemonpen wrote:
Sparma wrote:I'm guessing Meeks will easily outperform his 6.5 mil deal in Orlando.   We had to give ourselves a chance acquiring new players though.  Fingers crossed.  We still may need to go the patient, long term, route rather than the big FA signing upfront.  I'm not seeing us as a major player for the big names, including Horford.  Once the dust has settled, or once the second tier guys start signing, we can make our move.
 On what data do you base that guess.  Ultimately, do we really care.  Meeks has pretty much been a non entity in our uni.

I totally buy your "contract year" points, as 2016 & 2017 are likely the BEST period to be a free agent in the history of the Association. Shoot, maybe the history of pro sports. For Meek's sake I hope his injury bug doesn't resurface.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Guessing game

Post  Sparma Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:02 pm

I had more of a Peircean "guess" in mind that either is or is not subsequently confirmed by the data.  We shall see, in short.

Still, I'm game, so here are some reasons for my guess:

1) Meeks' first year with the Pistons was well below his preceding year.  
2) His second year was nearly completely wiped out.
3) The salary cap's going way up.
4) The 6.5 mil Meeks is owed should be below the league's average this coming year.
5) If healthy, I think it's likely Meeks will be able to equal his first year performance with the Pistons.
6) That itself would mean outperforming the 6.5 mil owed him in his last year.   Put differently, you'd need to get lucky to sign a player for this year for 6.5 who'd equal what Meeks did in his first year here.  It's not something you can count on.  In fact, there's a good chance we'll spend a lot more (half of our cap) to get a player who might equal what Meeks did the first year [but at the position we want, which is why we're willing to pay more than for Meeks.]
7) But actually history shows that players tend play above their average in a salary year.
Cool Meeks is in a salary year.
9) He's likely to come closer (if healthy and given minutes) to his salary year performance with the Lakers than his first year in Detroit.
10) That level of performance would be worth way more than the now below league average (I think!) 6.5 mil.

In addition, Orlando gets the windfall of the expiring contract at the end of the year.

I support the Meeks trade, but with the caveat that he should easily be earning that 6.5 this year.

lemonpen wrote:
Sparma wrote:I'm guessing Meeks will easily outperform his 6.5 mil deal in Orlando.   We had to give ourselves a chance acquiring new players though.  Fingers crossed.  We still may need to go the patient, long term, route rather than the big FA signing upfront.  I'm not seeing us as a major player for the big names, including Horford.  Once the dust has settled, or once the second tier guys start signing, we can make our move.
 On what data do you base that guess.  Ultimately, do we really care.  Meeks has pretty much been a non entity in our uni.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Been there Done that

Post  lemonpen Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:23 pm

WTF wrote:There is very little to no risk at all to trade for Burke who's currently under his rookie deal with one year remaining.  Considering what it will cost to sign anyone of the free agent PG being mention Burke's potential and his 12 pt average and 4.2 assist is well worth trying this for one season. I'm guessing he remains a restricted free agent after that rookie deal so he also becomes a valuable asset for a potential sign and trade scenario.

Yes Burke wanted to be a Pistons, hell I wanted him to be a Pistons and initially was mad that we didn't draft him. In hind-sight not drafting him was likely the best thing for him considering it would have been under the dysfunction regime of Dumars and stupid coaches.  Now we have SVG in place attempting to deploy his 4 out 1 in offense badly in need of a play making PG with the potential of hitting big shots, Burke could be the perfect fit for his offense.  

I don't understand the hesitation or fear for some to shy away from Burke because he didn't come out guns blazing as a rookie.  I recall similar doubts with CB when we traded for him, I recall countless arguments that Stuckey could be the next CB so I don't fully understand the hesitation concerning a  player like Burke.  This kid could put on a Pistons uniform and return to form and look like the PG we've all seen playing for the Wolverines 3 years ago.

If SVG plan is to continue to run that offense then you all know that Reggie isn't the PG to run it.  Reggie can not be the ball hog he's been and those assist numbers need to increase drastically as a result of him effective running the offense and getting the ball to those wing players.  Do any of you really think Reggie can effectively do that.  Reggie is talented but he like most of the player on this roster are in short all scorers and not the optimal fit for what SVG wants so we at least need a pass first, floor leader, with big shot capabilities.

SVG might not go after Burke via trade but he should and I'll keep talking about it until I know for certain he want.  I would gladly give up that 2nd round pick we just got to get Burke.   Really what's the worst that could happen?  

I do. That is exactly how Reg got the big contract. In 2015-16 he provided exactly what the team needed as a crunch time scorer. Had he not there would have been no playoffs. Who else had the big nuts to carry us ???? In the coming year I believe he will be more of a distributor.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Has Merit

Post  lemonpen Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:07 pm

Oracle wrote:
Sebastian wrote:Thank you for the $6.5 millon cap relief. Great move, GM Stan.

We can trade Baynes!

Meeks has done his part, but we don't need a solid backup center/PF and Baynes too!

I'm not really looking to get rid of him or anything like that, but if we can upgrade by moving him, I'm all ears!

Jennings: I really like Jennings, but his time has passed, at least with us! Don & DX are right, it's time to move on, and hopefully get someone that we won't have to hide too much on defense. I wouldn't mind picking up either Jeremy Lin or Austin Rivers, both of whom have shocked me with how much better they are, although right now, I'd lean towards Lin.

If that f**king Jodie Meeks blows up in Orlando, we just might have to kick his arse and demand a effing refund!

Moving Baynes not only has merit but is a must. Just depends if the best opportunity arises now or near the trade deadline. AB will certainly opt out next year seeking a tremendous pay increase.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Why Not Burke

Post  WTF Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:01 pm

There is very little to no risk at all to trade for Burke who's currently under his rookie deal with one year remaining. Considering what it will cost to sign anyone of the free agent PG being mention Burke's potential and his 12 pt average and 4.2 assist is well worth trying this for one season. I'm guessing he remains a restricted free agent after that rookie deal so he also becomes a valuable asset for a potential sign and trade scenario.

Yes Burke wanted to be a Pistons, hell I wanted him to be a Pistons and initially was mad that we didn't draft him. In hind-sight not drafting him was likely the best thing for him considering it would have been under the dysfunction regime of Dumars and stupid coaches. Now we have SVG in place attempting to deploy his 4 out 1 in offense badly in need of a play making PG with the potential of hitting big shots, Burke could be the perfect fit for his offense.

I don't understand the hesitation or fear for some to shy away from Burke because he didn't come out guns blazing as a rookie. I recall similar doubts with CB when we traded for him, I recall countless arguments that Stuckey could be the next CB so I don't fully understand the hesitation concerning a player like Burke. This kid could put on a Pistons uniform and return to form and look like the PG we've all seen playing for the Wolverines 3 years ago.

If SVG plan is to continue to run that offense then you all know that Reggie isn't the PG to run it. Reggie can not be the ball hog he's been and those assist numbers need to increase drastically as a result of him effective running the offense and getting the ball to those wing players. Do any of you really think Reggie can effectively do that. Reggie is talented but he like most of the player on this roster are in short all scorers and not the optimal fit for what SVG wants so we at least need a pass first, floor leader, with big shot capabilities.

SVG might not go after Burke via trade but he should and I'll keep talking about it until I know for certain he want. I would gladly give up that 2nd round pick we just got to get Burke. Really what's the worst that could happen?

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Ummmm

Post  lemonpen Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:55 pm

On what data do you base that guess. Ultimately, do we really care. Meeks has pretty much been a non entity in our uni.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Come On Man !!!!

Post  lemonpen Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:52 pm

WTF wrote:Burke Burke Burke Burke Burke!

Yes I'm still singing this song people. hehe

If not I'm okay with Lin not so sure about Rivers though.

SVG needs to scrape the rest of those turds off the roster and at least up grade those position so that every night he can rotate a solid 10 players in and out the lineup without much fall off.   Meaning every single starter should have a player behind them pushing their asses for fear of losing that starting spot.  

Do Over, I know some may fall off their collective seats when I say this but I wonder if we could get Moose back facepalm  Not to play along side Andre but to either come off the bench or start in front of him like it should have be done initially.  I still think Andre should come off the bench behind an equally or better center.  

I know I shocked myself in saying this, but I think after some reality has set in with Monroe that he's not as valuable as he thinks and the realization of his limitations overall that the ideas of being a Max Player and demanding MAX Dollars is no longer his objective.  The Bucks I imagine isn't all to please with the Moose play either as they too have struggle to use him.  He still has a **** mid range game but at least he's a post option in the 4th and better FT shooter.  MOOSE MIGHT BE READY TO ACT RIGHT!!!!!!

Let that ship sail already. The good ship Moose that is.
Burke might, maybe, possibly, could be a functional fit here. It would have to happen soon though. Gotta have a good look-see before his contract requires attention.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Stuff on My Chest

Post  lemonpen Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:44 pm

Meeks:
A 2019 second round pick is about as worthless a return as imaginable. That’s all you need to know about how far down the ranking he slipped.

Spencer D.:
Dude was pretty much doomed after that horrendous summer league performance. Then, could not once in 5 months look like a better option than Blake. Stanley, take notice. continue to dominate those who you’re supposed to, hen you're supposed to.

Jeremy Lin:
He is a ball hog that fit Charlotte perfectly with their ball hogging guard dominant offense. I don’t want our backup youngsters to develop at the same glacial pace that Frank the Tank has, just because the PG has something to proove.

Steve Blake:
Don’t write him off just yet. No, he can’t stay in front of front line PG’s. But, he knows how to make good use of the talent around him, and for a 38 year old he can still get his own shot (when needed). SVG is in the process of improving our bench talent level which can undoubtedly make Blake better. All of the above becomes a real possibility if SVG can lure a PF that consumes a huge portion of our free CAP space. (Anderson, Horford, ect)

Reggie Bullock:
Maybe SVG and company saw something too. For a guy who was mostly considered a throw-in with Marcus it looks like his stock is rising. Meeks sudden but welcome departure kicks the door wide open for Reggie and Hilliard. Let the cream rise!!

Free Agents:
Almost every team is flush with $$$$$$ to spend. Keep in mind that not only did the CAP rise but so did the FLOOR. Lots of teams are going to have to spend more to reach the new minimum team salary. This creates an environment where LOTS of players are going to get truly undeserved bloated contracts ……… probably including our free agents. As I heard yesterday on the “RIGHT TIME” we are gonna be saying “DAMN, HE GOT HOW MUCH !?!?!?!?!”.

Dre:
I don’t feel the same trepidation at all over giving him a max deal. The kid is a baby BEAST who is improving rapidly. We'll deal with the flaws as we go.

Starters:
We’ve faulted this team for so long over failing to develop young players. Well as soon as we get a squad of young guns with enough gumption to MAKE a playoff (not to mention look decent while in there), we’re now looking to dispatch some of them. I guess they couldn’t possibly develop any further.
For the record I clearly see Reggie Jackson as our leader. He talks the talk, walks the walk, assumes responsibility for mess-ups, improves his game, and encourages/pushes others. He has the game, the swagger, the smarts, and the inner motivation. I can’t believe youse would even question it.

Coach:
I’m beginning to see why he rarely misses the playoffs. Son-of-a-gun doesn’t stand for mediocrity very long.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty The Wizards have approx. 31 mil to spend this summer and they are looking for a quality back up point guard

Post  cool breeze Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:21 pm

Washington in my opinion had a better team than our Pistons last season and the only way Detroit could beat them was if Wall didn't play. The combination of Wall and Beal is always tough to beat so it seems likely that Beal will not be moving. Still the Wizards need a solid back up point guard and they are looking at two play makers in Courtney Lee and J. Bayless. This is just another example relating to the competition for quality point guards at this point in time in the NBA. It is going to be really tough for the Pistons to land a proven point guard who is not over the hill. Looking at Utah, it is clear that that team has a stock pile of point guards so clearly something needs to happen there. Burke is not part of the current Utah Coach's favorites. Potential deals have been talked about for months involving Burke especially involving Houston. Has Utah's management team become more realistic about Burke's value? Does Stan Van Gundy have any interest in Burke? Could the Pistons land Burke and have another young quality player in the program for insurance such as out number 2 pick this year? So many questions. I would love to see Lin in a Piston uniform. He could really compete for playing time with Jackson. But it is doubtful Detroit could get him or several others like Bayless. The price needs to be low for SVG to sign Burke. Could Burke buy out his contract and sign with another team and would he actually do that? Burke could get his old mojo back wearing a Piston uniform which is the team he wanted to go to in the first place. He was a great college player. Big gamble but also potentially a high reward for the Pistons relating to T. Burke.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty A New Version of the Song Twerk

Post  WTF Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:38 am

Burke Burke Burke Burke Burke!

Yes I'm still singing this song people. hehe

If not I'm okay with Lin not so sure about Rivers though.

SVG needs to scrape the rest of those turds off the roster and at least up grade those position so that every night he can rotate a solid 10 players in and out the lineup without much fall off.   Meaning every single starter should have a player behind them pushing their asses for fear of losing that starting spot.  

Do Over, I know some may fall off their collective seats when I say this but I wonder if we could get Moose back facepalm  Not to play along side Andre but to either come off the bench or start in front of him like it should have be done initially.  I still think Andre should come off the bench behind an equally or better center.  

I know I shocked myself in saying this, but I think after some reality has set in with Monroe that he's not as valuable as he thinks and the realization of his limitations overall that the ideas of being a Max Player and demanding MAX Dollars is no longer his objective.  The Bucks I imagine isn't all to please with the Moose play either as they too have struggle to use him.  He still has a **** mid range game but at least he's a post option in the 4th and better FT shooter.  MOOSE MIGHT BE READY TO ACT RIGHT!!!!!!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Meeks

Post  Sparma Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:54 am

I'm guessing Meeks will easily outperform his 6.5 mil deal in Orlando. We had to give ourselves a chance acquiring new players though. Fingers crossed. We still may need to go the patient, long term, route rather than the big FA signing upfront. I'm not seeing us as a major player for the big names, including Horford. Once the dust has settled, or once the second tier guys start signing, we can make our move.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty We got what we want to get what we need

Post  deusXango Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:16 am

F@ckin' Jodie Meeks is gone. Good luck. Good riddance. I don't like players that don't play for us (in or out of our uniform).

That $6.5 million has put us in a position to get 2 quality backups; a PF and PG! Backups, not players to challenge for starting spots (we've got enough young guns waiting on their turn to shine, i.e., Stanley Johnson and Henry Ellenson) but, backups with quality games!! With Ellenson in the fold I've got to give Marreese Speights a nod as that big, floor stretching PF. He won't cost us an arm & leg to sign and he's proven to be ready coming in off the bench. In my mind the perfect backup PG (as close to perfect as we can come) is Jeremy Lin, as Oracle has noted, who'll cost us more but, if SVG doesn't overpay he'll be worth every penny playing behind Reggie Jackson. If we can sign those two and stay under the CAP, we can hold onto Baynes; every team needs a big "gump" to touch people up but, knows how to play the game and has some skills.

Bye, bye, Joel Anthony, Anthony Tolliver, Steve Blake, Lorenzo Brown; good guys all but no longer needed. It's time to set sentiment aside, stop living in hope of yesterdays "heroes" returning (Moose, Stuckey, Jennings, Augustin) to the fold, and get on with building a war chest of future draft picks and team chemistry. This is the most promising collection of talent and brains we've had in a long time, so let's not mess it up by overreaching or overvaluing players who aren't practical for our needs.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty That seriously puts us in the Horford game if...

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:32 am

Sebastian wrote:Thank you for the $6.5 millon cap relief. Great move, GM Stan.

We can trade Baynes!

Meeks has done his part, but we don't need a solid backup center/PF and Baynes too!

I'm not really looking to get rid of him or anything like that, but if we can upgrade by moving him, I'm all ears!

Jennings: I really like Jennings, but his time has passed, at least with us! Don & DX are right, it's time to move on, and hopefully get someone that we won't have to hide too much on defense. I wouldn't mind picking up either Jeremy Lin or Austin Rivers, both of whom have shocked me with how much better they are, although right now, I'd lean towards Lin.

If that f**king Jodie Meeks blows up in Orlando, we just might have to kick his arse and demand a effing refund!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty F@ckin' Jodie Meeks

Post  Sebastian Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:40 pm

Thank you for the $6.5 millon cap relief. Great move, GM Stan.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:36 pm

deusXango wrote:"Unfortunately, now Brandon Jennings is probably going to get stuck with No. 55 with his inevitable return."
-By: Ben Quagliata

What is this obsession over Brandon Jennings, a broken player who plays zero defense and was a shot happy ball hog, even at his best, when we're obtaining the respectability we once had? We need a reliable backup PG, not a favorite of the media. He gave us 15 great games in 3 years but, 15 games in 3 years?! Milwaukee is his basketball home, not Detroit. Why don't they want him back in Milwaukee for any reason? We're on the rise and taking a backward step isn't the way to continue rising.

dX the picture just got a lot brighter now that Meeks has been traded to Orlando. Seb has suggested SVG go after Rondo. It appears something big is going to happen. Clearing more space by by moving Meeks and not bringing back Anthony should get our Management team in the game. Even Brandon Knight's name has been mentioned here in Arizona as a player Phoenix might part with. I would appreciate a solid skilled guard over aging power forward but will be happy regardless of the decision as long as we get another proven hard core player for this team without giving up a number one pick next year. Smart, Rondo, Knight, Rubio, Lin keep coming up along with Curry who is an unproven player. What will be the new speculation tomorrow?

Opportunity and excitement for all Piston fans has finally arrived. How refreshing after thinking a bit about previous seasons when we heard that the the the team was set because Rodney Stuckey, Jason Maxiell, Will Bynum, Austin Daye and Greg Monroe would be pushing to make the playoffs. Our vets had their game faces on watching the summer league games in Orlando to tease us. Sine if us were surprised that they showed up. Forget that bad memory. Next year we get to see the core players and real players who got us into the playoffs after SVG landed my new favorite player T. Harris. That was a real steal Stan. WOW! Keep the good news coming.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty GM Stan should go after ...

Post  Sebastian Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:13 pm

Pistons Pals, WE all agree that: 1) the roster lacks a leader and 2) one of the Starting 5 should not be starting.

IMO, there is no doubt who should be target #1. That player is Rajon Rondo. (I just don't know which nmber he should wear, now that #9 has been swapped up by the rook.

But anyway, Rondo is that leader that WE need. Rondo would be the missing veteran, who has won a Title. This team would benefit from cerebral approach and his consistent 13 points, 11 assist, 6 rebounds, and 2 steals per game.

Reggie can still justify his salary by producing, more efficiently off the bench completing a lethal three guard rotation, while both guard positions at 32 minutes per game.

Twelve million for three years should be appropriate for Rondo.

Then offer Jodie F@ckin' Meeks and Tolliver to the Bucks for John Henson.

Renounce the rights of Joel Anthony and Steve Blake by tomorrow at the COB.

Then GM Stan can sit back and trip over all the FA sillines that is bound to occur.

cool breeze wrote:J. Lin played exceptionally well in the playoffs. His basketball IQ is fantastic. Lin was at his best guarding Wade in the Miami series.

D. Williams has been discussed on the web lately but he seems to be past his prime and loves living in Dallas.

If SVG goes for a 2nd tier player then I would go with Augustine.

The summer league roster is set. There are some big men to watch. Johnson at point forward??? Basketball is back for 5 more games. How exciting!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next