Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
deusXango
FlyDog
Oracle
cool breeze
WTF
Murph
Go Stones!
Sebastian
BallinD
Sparma
14 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Wins

Post  Go Stones! Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:55 am

Put me down for 49 wins.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Wins

Post  Go Stones! Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:55 am

Put me down for 49 wins.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Where we stand...

Post  Oracle Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:34 am

Regular Season
MemberWins
Oracle48
Sebastian46
BallinD45
Sparma42
Lemonpen
Cool Breeze
DX
Fennis
Fly
Merc
Murph
Phil1980boy
Sissy
Stones
Wise
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty My Prediction: 48 Wins!

Post  Oracle Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:54 pm

I believe that there will be enough bottom feeders that we will be able to get 48 wins, and finish in the top 5 of the east. Many factors will determine the position and outcome, but here are some of the reasoning I'm using.

Center: This is a position of strength with Drummond, Baynes & Boban manning the 5! With that level of talent, I no longer fear Drummond being able to finish games, but Drummond better fear that not being able to stay in games in the 4th doesn't eventually cost him a job. I hope that doesn't happen, but when this team is fully healthy, scoring from the center position shouldn't be a factor, all they really need is defense & rebounding from that position with nominal scoring. IMO, we are the deepest and most talented team in the east at the center position!

Power Forward: We are finally looking good at the PF position, covering it from small ball to huge ball. Harris can fill the small ball role to perfection, and between Leuer and Ellenson, we have size and athleticism. We're not the best in the east, but we're pretty competitive.

Small Forward: Marcus Morris with Stanley Johnson backing him up... nuff said!

Shooting Guard: KCP provides the main support here, with some really good, but unproven options behind him. Stanley should get minutes here as well.

Point Guard: We're weakened here now, but that won't last the whole season. Ish Smith will need to stay healthy, and this stint as the starting PG is going to pay HUGE dividends down the road.

How well we perform lies in the hands of players on two units.

Starters: We will need Reggie to come back strong, KCP to step up, and Harris to finally fit in. Drummond needs to take the next step defensively, and Morris just needs to keep doing what he does, but this year demanding more from others.

2nd Unit: Stanley needs to perform, Ish will have a big impact on him as well, and we'll see if any of the youngsters can contribute.

Wild Cards: If you think about it, this whole team is a wild card. But if I have to name a few, KCP, Stanley, Drummond and Harris could make huge impacts if they take their games to another level.

Last edited by Oracle on Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:40 pm

Oracle wrote:I've been busy, but I just stopped by to say that this year is slightly different.

You can make predictions now, and I will as well before the season starts, but I'm thinking that this year, we should be allowed to adjust your prediction after 5 games or so, just to see how this team responds to everything new.

Let me know if 5 games is enough, if not, we could go to 10.

BTW, the Beno signing doesn't inspire me, but he is a bit younger than Blake, who was damn near a corpse. Beno is 34, which means he should still have a good amount of gas left in the tank, but he wasn't scaring anybody to begin with.

From what I hear Blake was well liked by his Piston teammates last season. If only Detroit could have picked him up earlier on in his career we wouldn't have had to suffer through so many depressing games. I like Steve Blake and get a little pissed off when fans make comments like you have done here in your hateful post. I haven't forgotten the games that Blake played well for our Pistons. His outside shot wasn't dropping as often as it did in his younger days but he never played like a corpse. Blake has always been a class act unlike you at times Oracle.

As for changing the guessing on the amount of wins, why do that? You make a good guess it means next to nothing anyway. What counts is our players and how well they improve throughout the season and how the chemistry grows so they will be more fun to watch.

This new pick up at point guard is a big upgrade in my opinion. Udrih is fundamentally sound and I believe that is why the Pistons grabbed him. Look for the Pistons to make big improvements in the guard position in future years when this team is ready to reach their peak. This is exciting Piston fans as basketball is back.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty FYI to Forum

Post  Oracle Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:31 pm

I've been busy, but I just stopped by to say that this year is slightly different.

You can make predictions now, and I will as well before the season starts, but I'm thinking that this year, we should be allowed to adjust your prediction after 5 games or so, just to see how this team responds to everything new.

Let me know if 5 games is enough, if not, we could go to 10.

BTW, the Beno signing doesn't inspire me, but he is a bit younger than Blake, who was damn near a corpse. Beno is 34, which means he should still have a good amount of gas left in the tank, but he wasn't scaring anybody to begin with.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty OUR PG Situation is Jacked-up ...

Post  Sebastian Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:20 pm

I don't care for the Beno signing and I am mad as hell at Reggie for waiting until October to do something about his damn knees, but you can put me down for 46 wins.

Let's get this party started!

DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!!

Sparma wrote:I'll go with 41.

I think the Pistons are on the right track, and that SVG's done a great job, but I see a step back this year, before they resume their progress.

Oracle wrote:Here's last seasons predictions(minus the postseason bonus). Give your predictions and any analysis you care to add, only the number of wins is required.

Regular Season 2015
MemberWins
Lemonpen49
Sebastian48
BallinD47
Merc45
DX45
Oracle44
Wise44
Sissy43
Fennis42
Phil1980boy42
Stones41
Murph40
Fly40
Cool Breeze38
Sparma38
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Beno

Post  BallinD Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:10 pm

BallinD wrote:Will Bynum pg Hawks -- Old retread, but looked way better than McCallum or Brown in pre-season game vs Hawks.
Yogi Ferrell pg Nets -- Killed McCallum in limited minutes this pre-season
Beno Udrih -- Aging vet, 34 hard to say how much is left in the tank.  Could be another Steve Blake.

I know, we have Ray McCalllum.  Sheesh.

Would like to see what Gbinije or Hilliard could do vs. McCallum.  Come on Stan!  The pre-season is over

I guess Stan thinks he can still play. Not a Steve Blake Groundhogs day signing is it?
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Beno Update

Post  Sparma Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:57 pm

Heard an NBA radio interview with Beno Udrih, by Rich Bucher.

Beno sounds like a mature guy (befitting his years), hoping that he could continue to improve, even at 34, now by helping the younger guys as much as he could. He's taken prep courses (through the NBA) for being an executive, as well as for being a coach. He spoke about playing the right way. Also, he seemed to have genuine knowledge of the Pistons, speaking of how they've improved themselves in the past two years, by way of "six" moves or so [or more!].

Bucher, afterwards, spoke of Beno being a good addition, specifically of what he'll bring to the pick and roll, as well as of him fitting well in the SVG system.

Put me down, if possible, for one more bump from 41 to 42 wins.
Sparma wrote:He used to be pretty good.  Does he make the Pistons' roster?  McCallum out?  That would be my guess.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Beno Udrih

Post  Sparma Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:40 pm

He used to be pretty good.  Does he make the Pistons' roster? McCallum out? That would be my guess.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Go Stones

Post  Sparma Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:29 pm

Interesting point, Stones. Makes sense.

Concerning Ellenson, I have high hopes for him, but doubt we'll see much of him, in the first half at least, unless injury or trade clears the way.

Go Stones! wrote:Prediction: Diaye 7+ Foot player signed to GR Drive is the equivalent to Boban for the D-league.  It is my belief that he is there for Ellenson's benefit, like Boban is for Dre during practice.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Sparma

Post  Go Stones! Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:20 am

Prediction: Diaye 7+ Foot player signed to GR Drive is the equivalent to Boban for the D-league. It is my belief that he is there for Ellenson's benefit, like Boban is for Dre during practice.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty How much time should fans give Ellenson?

Post  cool breeze Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:17 pm

The answer is give him however much time he needs to develop to his full potential. Why in hell do fans start placing time limits on a player's development? Fans want it now regardless of the facts. Ellenson is a special player. He is only a teenager playing against players in their mid 20s or 30s. Why do fans lack common sense? Why do fans not know that NBA coaches cover every aspect of everything including each player's potential? Please do not get on Ellenson's ass this season Piston fans. I want him to have good memories about Piston fans when his contract comes yup for renewal. This guy has game.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Lions go 9-7

Post  BallinD Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:27 pm

Second Round here we come. 45 wins.

I was thinking 53 wins, pro-rating Tobias effect over a full season and with the updated bench, but w/o Reggie, I have to pull back to 45 Even when he comes back there will be an adjustment. Other factors in my lower win total prediction than last year are:

1. Virtual reality is not real, so Dre's FTs look like 40% at best. Get a hypnotist in there Stan!
2. SJ stays in his lane, plays D and rebounds, attacks the rim, we are a lot better than last year, but SJ as backup shooting guard in the mold of KCP (looking to shoot) and it is a push, year-over-year improvement negligible. SVG continues to say SJ is stubborn.
3. KCP. Incremental improvement at best. I see same old KCP. The Eye Test.
4. Dre inability to defend the rim...we can't have our smallest guy (Ish) our leading shot blocker. Sheesh.
5. If Reggie is out more than 10 games, could be ugly

I do believe we will struggle out of the gate, but come on strong at the end, ala last year's run for the playoffs.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Prediction

Post  Sparma Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:33 pm

I'll go with 41.

I think the Pistons are on the right track, and that SVG's done a great job, but I see a step back this year, before they resume their progress.

Oracle wrote:Here's last seasons predictions(minus the postseason bonus). Give your predictions and any analysis you care to add, only the number of wins is required.

Regular Season 2015
MemberWins
Lemonpen49
Sebastian48
BallinD47
Merc45
DX45
Oracle44
Wise44
Sissy43
Fennis42
Phil1980boy42
Stones41
Murph40
Fly40
Cool Breeze38
Sparma38
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Regular Season starts Wednesday... Prediction time!!!

Post  Oracle Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:27 am

Here's last seasons predictions(minus the postseason bonus). Give your predictions and any analysis you care to add, only the number of wins is required.

Regular Season 2015
MemberWins
Lemonpen49
Sebastian48
BallinD47
Merc45
DX45
Oracle44
Wise44
Sissy43
Fennis42
Phil1980boy42
Stones41
Murph40
Fly40
Cool Breeze38
Sparma38
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Stuff...

Post  Oracle Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:54 pm

@Don - "Please don't let a friendship between McCallum's Father and our coach come into decide the final roster spot.". That was my first thought! No, Lorenzo didn't turn any heads, but neither did Ray, but Ray is "Connected", and that's not fair, IMO. This isn't a huge decision, so I'm not making a big deal about it, just saying...

Don, nobody is looking to trade Ellenson, that was what was proposed on MLive, and folks ran with it. Let's wait until he plays a few real games before we put him in the HOF. I believe he'll be a good one, but I have no clue how good yet.

@Sparma & @DX - Yes, the MCW trade blew Spencer right into the arms of the waiver wires. IMO, he's better than both Brown & Ray, and knows the system a lot better, but sadly, it would take a lot for SVG to bring him back.

@Murph - Point taken! It's the dog days of the season, we need something to talk about lol

@Phillip - Something may indeed happen, but be careful what you wish for. You keep believing that players play translates between systems, it doesn't as often as you may thing. It works best for superstars because they change their systems to suit the superstar. It tends to work well for pure shooters as long as the system they go to gets them open shots.

A player can look fantastic in one system and suck in another, you pays your money and takes your chances.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Waiver Wire

Post  BallinD Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:51 pm

Will Bynum pg Hawks -- Old retread, but looked way better than McCallum or Brown in pre-season game vs Hawks.
Yogi Ferrell pg Nets -- Killed McCallum in limited minutes this pre-season
Beno Udrih -- Aging vet, 34 hard to say how much is left in the tank. Could be another Steve Blake.

I know, we have Ray McCalllum. Sheesh.

Would like to see what Gbinije or Hilliard could do vs. McCallum. Come on Stan! The pre-season is over
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Voting on which NBA team is most fun to watch is a no brainer

Post  cool breeze Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:53 pm

Golden State won of course with almost 94% of the vote. Just imagine his exciting it will be this season if you are a Golden State fan. I even loved watching Curry play golf at Lake Tahoe this past summer. You need to have special players to play that incredible tempo so I am not expecting to see another team similar to the Warriors for awhile. The league front office helped Cleveland win the championship using the bogus suspension trick. Will special rules apply to the Detroit Pistons again or have they finally forgotten the Bad Boys?

How great it is that our guys led by Zeke can sit back and tell their grandchildren how they get the last laugh on David Stern. The politically correct crowd of attorneys in the NBA front office who were lying and cheating while attempting to rig the teams getting into the championship series must still hold a grudge. If only that Piston team could have stuffed two more trophies down their throats. Such great memories will never be forgotten by all loyal Piston fans.

Who will lead the Pistons to the next championship? Will it be Henry Ellenson? I see some Piston fans seem to include his name in potential trade deals. Be careful what you wish for. Henry has the tools to become a great NBA player. I just hope we get to see him play some in each game as the season moves forward into December.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:30 pm

Sparma wrote:Hadn't we just read an article last week about how well Spencer was doing with the Bulls, how he had signed a 2 year contract?  Maybe that trade for MCW came quite unexpected, leading the Bulls to go in a different direction than they had been planning.

Also, no spot in the NBA for a 7'6" center (N'Diaye) with decent college stats?  Can't see him making our roster, at least in the first instance.  A trade or injury would need to open a spot.

deusXango wrote:Dropped by the Bulls?! There's our answer for 3rd PG! McCallum and Brown can go; we drafted Spencer, and he knows SVG's system, so why can't he backup RJ and Smith?

Who is the better defender SVG? Dinwiddie is a much better defender than McCallum. The players like Dinwiddie. This is a no brainer to claim Spencer. Please don't let a friendship between McCallum's Father and our coach come into decide the final roster spot. SPENCER DINWIDDIE- please bring him back.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Dinwiddie & N'Diaye

Post  Sparma Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:33 pm

Hadn't we just read an article last week about how well Spencer was doing with the Bulls, how he had signed a 2 year contract? Maybe that trade for MCW came quite unexpected, leading the Bulls to go in a different direction than they had been planning.

Also, no spot in the NBA for a 7'6" center (N'Diaye) with decent college stats? Can't see him making our roster, at least in the first instance. A trade or injury would need to open a spot.

deusXango wrote:Dropped by the Bulls?! There's our answer for 3rd PG! McCallum and Brown can go; we drafted Spencer, and he knows SVG's system, so why can't he backup RJ and Smith?
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Mr. Dinwiddie

Post  deusXango Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:01 pm

Dropped by the Bulls?! There's our answer for 3rd PG! McCallum and Brown can go; we drafted Spencer, and he knows SVG's system, so why can't he backup RJ and Smith?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Trades

Post  Phil-Good Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:57 am

Pope stock is high around the League right now. I don't think his stock will ever get any better then it is now.

This is the time to cash in on Pope's stock now because when people really start to see what KCP ceiling really is, his stock will fall back down to reality.

I would consider calling Orlando and having A talk about Mario Hezonja for Pope. I think Hezonja is A real NBA shooter with A killer mentality and A will to be the best. This kid can compete, this kid can shoot, this kid is going to be A ball player.

Milwaukee. Pope for Rashard Vaughn and Middlton.

Charlott. Pope for Michael Kidd-Gilchrist? People might not be crazy about this trade. Let me tell you why it will work. MKG has A sky high basketball IQ. He will not settle for jump-shots. He will attack the rim. Because of MKG basketball IQ I know he will become A really good 3pt shooter. His stand still mid-range shot is solid. Ugly but solid. His defense and ability to attack the paint are really special. And MKG's contract is as FAIR as it gets. He is not over paid. I would consider doing this trade. Not my first trade move but I would consider doing this.

The Boston Celtics have A S.H.I.T load of ballers. Something can be worked out. Just toss in R.J. Hunter along with A first pick and some other talant on the roster.

PHX. Brandon Knight, TJ Warren?

Minnesota? Dunn? Wiggins? Would never happen right? No WAY!!

Denver like Boston has A s.h.i.t load of ball players nobody even knows about who will be great NBA players.

Utah. Rodney Hood. Sweet lefty. Can really shoot the NBA shot, can really score, can defend, can create his own shot with no problems at all. Really talented, can jump out of the gym, high character guy. Would Utah bite? Don't think so but I would make the call.

Something is going to happen. Keep your eyes open Pistons fans. The Pistons are looking for the 2-Guard of the future and Pope is not the guy.

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:51 am

As long as we're making up trades for future HOFers, let's trade Jackson, Baynes and Ellenson for Steph Curry.

On a more realistic note, if it comes down to McCallum or Brown, I'd take McCallum as our 3rd string PG.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Rest in Peace ... Drew Sharpe

Post  Sebastian Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:35 am

This is sad news, indeed. Sharpe was still a very yooung man. An independent reporter and observer of OUR Pistons. He can't help that he was a fan of our boy, Joe. I was and still a fan of Joe Dumars III.

Condolences to Drew Sharpe's family and friends.

Sparma wrote:Heck of a tribute by Wojo about Sharp at detnews.  Not wanting to speak ill of the dead, I didn't.  Wojo does, highlighting Sharp's negativity, but offsets it beautifully with a fuller picture of the man, bringing out great stuff that I only could have guessed at.  Wonderful tribute.

BallinD wrote:Always a lightning rod, never a homer.  He did not hesitate to ask the tough questions and give the objective critique.  Sad

Last edited by Sebastian on Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next