Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
merc
Oracle
lemonpen
Go Stones!
FlyDog
Sissy1946
Murph
deusXango
WTF
Fennis Dembo
14 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Siva Bynum SF PG Trades Tanking Playoffs

Post  WTF Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:20 pm

I would love having Siva and he was showing great improvement in SL until his injury, so I wouldn't mind having him back. Bynum can stay where ever the heck he is much in the way some got tired of watching Stuckey I got tired of looking at Bynum.

I don't think SVG is going to do anything about the SF position at this point, once Jennings went down and this string of 3 loses a lot of the hopeful air has been taken out of the 12 of 15 stretch. IMO SVG is confused about what he really wants to do at this point based on the 2 differential articles from MLive on what SVG thinking is. SVG and fans have came crashing back to reality after Jennings injury so do we go back to being the semblance of a 5-23 team or do he build on that 12 out 15 run and get a capable PG, and address that glaring issue at SF?

I know I'm almost back to wanting to tank the season, and look forward to next season. What I really don't want to see is a bunch of costly moves that don't result in definitive success moving forward. I don't have a problem with trades if there long term and good for the team.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Morning Stuff

Post  WTF Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:00 pm

Tiger's Tooth, Okay really is this even news worthy? So he say's his tooth got knockout be a camera man hitting him in the mouth with his camera who are we to say otherwise. Our sport are going to go straight to sh!t if we don't remove public opinion and social media out of it and if the media clowns continue to entertain it.

Lynch, But when we have the likes of the NFL fining players a half a million dollars for not talking to the media and entertaining the dumb sh!t they're inviting public opinion and dumbass news reporting. Money and greed have made all sport association (NBA, NCAA, MLB, NHL, NFL) stupid and has allow public opinion, social media and casual fan base to send them straight to crap. Lynch doesn't want to speak and he really doesn't have to be or need to be entertaining beyond the field of play. Personally I can understand him not wanting to comment on bullsh!t questions or open himself up to have his thoughts, words and opinion scrutinized by idiot fans and hacks trying to create story or controversy from his comments. This damn if you do and damned if you don't situation they put players in are stupid.

Slam Dunk Contest, NBA been sucking asses of the casual fan base for so long now they can't see why super star elect not to participate in the dunk contest. This dunk contest use to be about competing against peers so you would get the top names players participating because it was a real, real competition now its a clown show and circus act with a sh!tty format. If you get back to tradition and take the fans and sponsor out of it they just might participate in this crappy dunk event.

Allenby, Much like Tiger Woods who gives a ****, the guy sad he was drugged and abducted, the police can't figure out what happen so what! There are a sh!t load of murders, rapes, robberies, kidnappings and other cries they can't figure out. But the fact that he's telling the truth or not gets all this damn attention. Again fans need to get a grip and so do the media, stop looking for stuff just to have some meaningless gossip. Media need to stop entertaining dumb fan sooner or later the dumb stuff your doing is going to cost you ratings.

Mlive, have 2 articles one saying SVG is focusing of current players and not worrying about picking up players and the other saying he's actively seeking a 3rd guard. Sorry clowns but it can't be both SVG is either looking or he's not. If his intention are to get into the playoffs then he better be looking and looking hard and I'm sorry but getting a piece of sh!t player to make a run won't cut it. If he just won't to finish out the season then get piece of sh!t and give more to Dinwiddie.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Have we lost our minds or are we confused with what we want?

Post  deusXango Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:55 am

Let's see now, we've lost Jennings, but nobody's talking about how Augustin has stepped up and is playing a better balanced game at PG. We have so many "ifs" that it's a damn shame. "If Jennings comes back next year, will he be the same and should he come off the bench?" "If Monroe walks, what'll we do?....we really need a stretch 4, who do we draft or sign?" "Will KCP ever flip the switch on Alpha Dog mode; he shouldn't start over Meeks at SG, but do you think maybe he'll be a better choice at SF." On it goes. My big if is, what's to be accomplished if we make the playoffs, knowing what midrange draft picks bring, and get booted out in the first round? If we play out the string, how'll that hurt the development of the team SVG is building?

The biggest waste of energy that I've witnessed lately is the conjecture over who to sign/trade for as the 3rd PG; I thought we loved Siva, but I know some who hated Bynum, with that being said, what do they both have in common other than great chemistry with Drummond, very coachable, hungry to play in the NBA, and cheap? Either can be signed without great financial sacrifice or losing draft picks we can use and have played with the majority of SVG's core group. Seems like a no brainer to me; one's a scorer off the bench (without bring any defense), the other is a controlled ball distributor who plays "bulldog" type defense (without a reliable jump shot), but then it's just a matter of taste because we're talking about a 3rd stringer!

How long? How f@ckin' long are we going to ignore that empty space in the rotation called SF? Both the starter and his backup consistently suck to high heaven and the combined contributions amount to essentially not being there for the team. It's a hole that badly need filling and it can be filled quite easily, if we could consider bringing back Tayshaun "Dead Man Walking" Prince. As long as they're on the active roster I'm going to keep asking, "can Datome and/or Martin do any worse than Singler and Butler?" This insane love affair with these two makes me wonder if those who find justification to keep running them out there every night, really want to win? We've seen the results of players who hit their ceiling in their sophomore year in college and in the 3rd-4th year as a pro, in a losing situation, they contribute to the losing more so than the winning! Damn! This is past pitiful, it's downright shameful!
"Relating to Spencer not being ready to be in the rotation, I do not agree. If Dinwiddie gets time he needs which means he gets his game conditioning down, I believe he will offer options neither Augustin or Jennings bring especially to the defense."-Don
Why can't the same consideration be made for Datome? Just asking.

Keep playing, keep growing, keep losing, and keep improving on the draft status. I may have lost my mind, but I ain't confused and know what I want!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty With Kyle Singler adjusting to the mask and fractured nose, should Tolliver become the starter?

Post  cool breeze Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:04 am

I can't recall how long it took Richard Hamilton to adjust his game to wearing a mask but no matter how good you are as a shooter, wearing a protective mask is a difficult thing to deal with if you are shooting a lot of 3 point shots. Hamilton was a good mid range shooter and he got so used to the mask that he never took it off during games. But Singler has shot a high percentage from behind the 3 point line before the injury and he has had problems with ball handling on drives to the basket so it seems Singler's sole strength is his defensive ability and size as he was the only Piston who was able to prevent Labron from driving to the hoop save Pope's brief stint trying to defend James last night.

Tolliver has problems on defense but makes up for his mistakes most of the time by playing with high energy. He can get really hot from long range on offense and is getting most of the minutes in crunch time lately. So is it time to start Tolliver at Small forward? Very little talk has been mentioned about the decline of Butler's game as this season wears on. He has had problems on both ends of the floor and it really showed last night. Maybe he has the flu bug or has a injury but Butler is not bringing much to the 2nd unit now. He is one of the team leaders and a player Van Gundy counts on to steady the ship when things go bad. I am pulling for Butler to get his mojo back soon.

The Pistons will go as far as our big men take them this season. If they continue to miss point blank easy shots around the rim, then we will see more losses like last night. But I suspect the opposite will happen and our big guys will come through as the team adjusts to the loss of Brandon Jennings. Great effort by every player last night. Go Pistons!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:39 am

FlyDog wrote:How many 1 foot shots did Monroe and Drummond miss?  A dozen?  And every time they did, the Cavs came down and took advantage.  Make our layups, and we win.

Dinwiddie does not look to be ready to be an NBA rotational player.  But what the hell.....might as well play him to see what we've got.  Good effort fellas, but you just weren't good enough.

Was it the fact that our Pistons were playing against Labron James that caused Monroe and Drummond to miss so many tip ins and layups in this game. That was the difference as you pointed out FlyDog. But what I liked about our Pistons is the fact that they never gave up and played hard to the very end of that game. Our Pistons have a new mindset and this team is clearly different from those sorry Piston teams we have watched for the past 6 years.

Relating to Spencer not being ready to be in the rotation, I do not agree. He has only played in two games since Jennings was injured. One problem when Dinwiddie was in the game was lack of movement by the other 4 players he played with. I hope that Van Gundy noticed there was no screening and zero movement. Several passes that Spencer made in the first half were good passes to Drummond who seemed to have a difficult time catching the ball all night. If Dinwiddie gets time he needs which means he gets his game conditioning down, I believe he will offer options neither Augustin or Jennings bring especially to the defense. One change to the 2nd unit should be to insert Jerebco back into the rotation being that this unit is stagnated because of lack of player movement. Is Jerebco injured of is this a coaches decision only?

This game was one of the worst officiated games that I have watched all season. Once Singler went to the bench in the first half, Labron James drove on almost every Cav possession. He used his off hand to clear a path or backed down the defender with not one offensive foul called against him by the inept refs. In the 2nd half, it was James who pushed and shoved our big men around the basket. He actually moved forward slamming his body into our players with no fouls called. The refs only threw a bone to Piston players after Cleveland gained 10 or 12 point leads. Labron has the Shaq rules in effect. The NBA Front Office was worried that Cleveland might not be a factor in the playoffs which would affect ratings. So here we go again down the merry path the NBA has been guilty of since the league was created. We are in the age of special rules for James and Wade. It is a good thing that they are no longer on the same team.

Irving and James played exceptionally well with high energy last night. The rest of their team shot the ball poorly and were something like 2 for 17 from long range. It is clear that the addition of JR Smith has really helped this team so far.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Maybe not, Ray Felton ...

Post  Sebastian Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:30 am

WISEFAN wrote:It's  a door-buster not a block-buster of an deal but we could swap JJ for Raymond Felton.  Both players are on expiring deals I thin Dallas can use JJ and Felton isn't such a bad deal or won't hurt to try him out.  I think once Rondo got there Felton was totally buried at that point, like I said not a block buster deal just a door buster.  

Yo, Wise, on the surface Ray Felton for Linguine does seem like a deal that should be made. Felton and D.J. were teammates in Charlotte, but Felton is making $4,360,000 this season (not so bad) and $4,540,000 player's option, next season.

Felton will surely pick up the player's option next season and I don't think that GM Stan should go for that deal, just my opinion.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Ugly

Post  FlyDog Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:36 am

How many 1 foot shots did Monroe and Drummond miss? A dozen? And every time they did, the Cavs came down and took advantage. Make our layups, and we win.

Dinwiddie does not look to be ready to be an NBA rotational player. But what the hell.....might as well play him to see what we've got. Good effort fellas, but you just weren't good enough.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Datome for Felton If Possible

Post  WTF Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:27 pm

Sparma wrote:Two man wrecking crew.  LeBron unstoppable, with Tolliver and others trying gamely.   Not a big Irving fan, but he was devastating tonight.

Detroit was scrappy, but no moral victory here.  They could have won this game.  Too many T.O.s, as Oracle noted, and they missed a bunch of point blank shots.  Still, DJ's showing he's going to be an able replacement for Jennings; not so sure, Dinwiddie's ready to replace D.J. coming off the bench though.  

Nate Robinson, anyone?  Prigioni sounds fine, but wouldn't want to give up an upper half 2nd rounder for him.  I'm not keen to trade Datome either, but it looks like he's never going to be given a chance here, so why not?

Datome might fit in Dallas as well.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Felton

Post  WTF Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:24 pm

It's a door-buster not a block-buster of an deal but we could swap JJ for Raymond Felton. Both players are on expiring deals I thin Dallas can use JJ and Felton isn't such a bad deal or won't hurt to try him out. I think once Rondo got there Felton was totally buried at that point, like I said not a block buster deal just a door buster.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Cleveland

Post  Sparma Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:18 pm

Two man wrecking crew. LeBron unstoppable, with Tolliver and others trying gamely. Not a big Irving fan, but he was devastating tonight.

Detroit was scrappy, but no moral victory here. They could have won this game. Too many T.O.s, as Oracle noted, and they missed a bunch of point blank shots. Still, DJ's showing he's going to be an able replacement for Jennings; not so sure, Dinwiddie's ready to replace D.J. coming off the bench though.

Nate Robinson, anyone? Prigioni sounds fine, but wouldn't want to give up an upper half 2nd rounder for him. I'm not keen to trade Datome either, but it looks like he's never going to be given a chance here, so why not?
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Without Jennings, it's...

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:46 pm

Turnover & mistake city!!!

And without a big or fast enough guard, Irving can run wild!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Lemon & stuff

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:41 pm

deusXango wrote:Lemon, a good 'ho ain't going to perform before getting paid and Philly is a proven good 'ho. Now that I've had time to think things through, I ain't that high on MCW, for the speculated cost, when we can get by just fine with D.J., Dinwiddie, and a D-Leaguer (Peyton Siva?).

I just looked to the left right and saw a golden nugget by SVG: "Pistons won't sacrifice future assets to chase a playoff spot." Just when I want to give up hope on Van Gundy as a President, he comes out with something so different, refreshing, and honest from what we got from Joe, I've got to support him.

MCW may or may not be worth the price, depending on where we get to pick and who's available there... short answer, nobody knows at this point!

Well, we made NBA TV tonight, mostly because the talking heads want to drool all over LeBron's Johnson and speculate that by beating the Pistons that they're back!

Ok, they are playing better, but they're still not good enough to threaten the big boys yet, even though on paper, they should be one of, if not the best in the league!

SVG is still a net negative GM, but he's learning quickly!

However as a coach, he's stellar, and I wouldn't count out the Pistons just yet! IMO, I wouldn't seek a guard! Everybody knows you need a guard, they're lying in wait to rape us for whatever they can get! Pull the whammy on them and go after either a very good SG, but more likely a decent SF!

We almost can't do any worse with any SF pickup, which says a lot about the contributions of Singler & Butler! If Singler was coming off the bench, his numbers would look a whole lot better, but they just aren't starters numbers on a contending team!

One last thing on SVG: SVG is BS'ing us about not doing too much to replace Jennings. There are two things going on in his head! First, SVG truly believes that he can still be competitive with this roster with a minor tweak, and secondly, he already knows that he can't replace Jennings on this short of a notice, so trying, while risking assets is a fools errand!

Of the two, I think the first is the bigger operating principle! This team has adopted the "System" pretty well. A key part is missing, but it can be replaced, not by another player, but getting production from elsewhere! SVG is a great system coach, that's why with Walker of the Hornets going under the knife, he knows our chances just got a hell of a lot better!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Lemon

Post  deusXango Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:52 pm

Lemon, a good 'ho ain't going to perform before getting paid and Philly is a proven good 'ho. Now that I've had time to think things through, I ain't that high on MCW, for the speculated cost, when we can get by just fine with D.J., Dinwiddie, and a D-Leaguer (Peyton Siva?).

I just looked to the left right and saw a golden nugget by SVG: "Pistons won't sacrifice future assets to chase a playoff spot." Just when I want to give up hope on Van Gundy as a President, he comes out with something so different, refreshing, and honest from what we got from Joe, I've got to support him.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Excellent, excellent 4th quarter surge Don!!!

Post  deusXango Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:41 pm

cool breeze wrote:Right now Houston's backcourt is loaded with Jason Terry, Patrick Beverly, Corey Brewer and of course James Harden. Nick has played in some NBA games and has looked good but being there are no injuries to the Rocket's guards, Johnson has been playing off and on in D League games. The thing is Nick Johnson is playing really well for Rio Grande Valley D - League team where he is averaging 21 points, 6.1 rebounds and 5.6 assists. He has played well with the Rockets and in the D-League. If Stan Van Gundy wants to improve Piston defense and get a guy who plays all out all the time, make a trade for Nick. I believe that he has a three year contract for $500,000. The Rockets are really high on Nick Johnson and most likely plan for him to be in their rotation next season if Terry retires. But I would for sure give up a draft pick for this player who is going to be a star in the NBA someday.
Don, I'm for trying to move heaven and earth to acquire Nick Johnson...he's the real deal!!! Once you profiled this guy, while at Arizona, everything I saw in him spoke greatness; it's mind boggling that he fell to the second round, and healthy to boot!?

The more I think on the guard issues with the Pistons, the more I believe that Van Gundy should bring in a young guy rather than an old point guard such as the point guard suggested who plays for New York now. It should be about building a good team for the future rather than sacrificing for the NOW if our team is not going to end up winning in the playoffs. It seems clear that Drummond's development is going to take time before he becomes a consistent player who can play hard in every game. I would try to obtain a young guy with huge potential through a trade this season and use the number one pick on a big man in this next draft. There will be several good big guys in this draft.
Split the playing time between Augustin and Dinwiddie (Augustin should be the starter as he has veteran experience) and keep in mind that Peyton Siva is still an option for us as a PG signee....why not? Big man in the draft? I've been campaigning for Frank Kaminsky, but then my credibility was shot messing with that Royce fella.

Augustin played a great game against Toronto but did he play too many minutes? I think so and believe as many fans do that Spencer Dinwiddie should get a ton of minutes for the rest of the season if no solid trade is made. And it is a stretch to think that Brandon Jennings will be ready to play next season. He is a point guard who is dependent on his quickness and agility to succeed in the NBA. I hope he doesn't force things and it is likely that might happen due to the situation involving his contract. It could take up to one and one half years to really get his injury behind him. Or he might not ever be the same player we saw before this tragic injury.
Don, that was a great post, addressing a depressing situation with our PG's and pending FA of Monroe.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty DX

Post  lemonpen Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:38 pm

deusXango wrote:
lemonpen wrote:
Oracle wrote:Jennings was playing great, but there was one thing about him that was different from everybody else... he was our single, lone, consistent player!

They actually took pride in saying it could be anyone on any given night that stepped up!

Well la-dee freaking da, is that some sort of code for, "We don't have any players we can depend on to produce night in and night out"?

Sadly, that's the truth!

No, we won't be getting 35 from Augustin anymore, and Moose will disappear soon, KCP is brutal offensively, Singler needs to be coming off the bench and Butler needs a clipboard in his hands. Meeks is back to being f**king Jodie Meeks, and the only thing keeping us afloat is SVG's system.

So we'll be competitive, maybe even surprise some people, but unless a move is made to shore up the SF position at minimum, and add another NBA guard hopefully, we're headed towards being too good to get a decent pick, but not good enough to make the playoffs, which makes this loss of Jennings even worse!

On the trade front, I like the MCW thought, but they're going to want a top pick, and we can't do that. I would rather have somebody other than a 37 year old non-factor, we need someone a bit better. SVG & Bower need to sharpen their pencils and get to work!

Wouldn't trading our top pick for MCW be a win in that we get a commodity known to be worthy of his draft slot.  What more would we hope for with the pick.  Last year was supposed to be the draft of the century and I'm still waiting to see a 2016 All Star.  If MCW + top pick is a possibility put me in the "bird in the hand" camp.
Lemon. Lemon, wake up!! First of all we can't trade this years first round pick because we surrendered last years pick to Charlotte, second, your statement is contradictory; how could we trade our top pick and end up with MCW + a top pick? My statement was clear. My math sign was not.

I know, these are desperate times where we have an overworked SG prospect and an underperforming backup....two SF's that combined ain't sh!t and no guarantee that the Moose will resign with us this summer. The stunning reality I've woke up to is we don't have a team suddenly; that unthought of turnaround has ended with Jennings injury, for sure, and no PG, SG, SF, or PF that are of starting quality, do we really want to rely on Drummond to carry this team next year? Miracles do happen, but they don't seem to happen for us.

Forgot about the rule limiting the trade of consecutive 1st rnd picks. Good catch. BUT that only delays the transaction date. If the deal remained agreeable until draft day we simply select for Philly with pick then turn around and consummate the trade with required bits and pcs still under contract.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Why not attempt to make a trade for Nick Johnson now?

Post  cool breeze Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:42 am

Right now Houston's backcourt is loaded with Jason Terry, Patrick Beverly, Corey Brewer and of course James Harden. Nick has played in some NBA games and has looked good but being there are no injuries to the Rocket's guards, Johnson has been playing off and on in D League games. The thing is Nick Johnson is playing really well for Rio Grande Valley D - League team where he is averaging 21 points, 6.1 rebounds and 5.6 assists. He has played well with the Rockets and in the D-League. If Stan Van Gundy wants to improve Piston defense and get a guy who plays all out all the time, make a trade for Nick. I believe that he has a three year contract for $500,000. The Rockets are really high on Nick Johnson and most likely plan for him to be in their rotation next season if Terry retires. But I would for sure give up a draft pick for this player who is going to be a star in the NBA someday.

The more I think on the guard issues with the Pistons, the more I believe that Van Gundy should bring in a young guy rather than an old point guard such as the point guard suggested who plays for New York now. It should be about building a good team for the future rather than sacrificing for the NOW if our team is not going to end up winning in the playoffs. It seems clear that Drummond's development is going to take time before he becomes a consistent player who can play hard in every game. I would try to obtain a young guy with huge potential through a trade this season and use the number one pick on a big man in this next draft. There will be several good big guys in this draft.

Augustin played a great game against Toronto but did he play too many minutes? I think so and believe as many fans do that Spencer Dinwiddie should get a ton of minutes for the rest of the season if no solid trade is made. And it is a stretch to think that Brandon Jennings will be ready to play next season. He is a point guard who is dependent on his quickness and agility to succeed in the NBA. I hope he doesn't force things and it is likely that might happen due to the situation involving his contract. It could take up to one and one half years to really get his injury behind him. Or he might not ever be the same player we saw before this tragic injury.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Some Cheers & Jeers This Morning

Post  WTF Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:59 am

Cheers to current Technology and medical treatment that are light years better than what it use to me so I expect Jennings at age 25 will be okay physically when he returns. It might be a blessing in disguise if and when he comes back that the fear of re-injury slows his game down some and have him thinking more in half-court situations.

Jeers to SVG now is the time to fully give Dinwiddie all the PT available unless Dinwiddie who I believe suffered the same injury in college can't physically handle more PT should be getting all the minutes Jennings was getting. Why draft players and then not play them, after being touted as a great pick and steal in the second round who supposedly would have been a 1st round selection. Freaking play him and announce it so that the media can stop printing their dumbass stories and give the kid the confidence needed to be on the floor.

Jeers to the NFL who balls are deflated as well. I'm so tired of as sport as an whole allowing public opinions and media nonsense dictating things. This whole mess is so trivial and minute that the NFL could have said very little fined the team and moved on. All teams do little dumbsh!t like this in all sports. Rule breaking is just rule breaking and it should all carry the same penalty or be worth the same amount of scrutiny imaging if stealing a bag of chips equated to murders. That's what this is so fine the tem and move on, personally I don't care who did it and why they did it.

Jeers to all the ex NFL QB's judging Brady who likely at some point done the same thing. They all should be simply saying no comment or being less informative on the subject as possible. It the heat of a game as pointed out by one HOF at that position it very reasonable to assume Brady had no idea the balls were under inflated or over inflated because he wasn't focus on that sh!t. Largely because it might not have been that freaking noticeable you know like the Pepsi-Coke test or Charmin-Cottonell squeeze test. Give This Crap A Rest Please. Prediction Patriots 35 Seahawks 21 and Brady's a HOF
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty I hope that I didn't curse B. Jennings ...

Post  Sebastian Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:04 pm

deusXango wrote:
Sebastian wrote:
Oracle wrote:From nba.com: "We can't wait until Brandon Jennings can do stuff like this again" - Kiss off the window

And I honor him with a theme from Batman Forever, Kiss From a Rose for all of the sweet KISSES off the window he treated us to!

Word! The Achilles injury suffered by B. Jennings is a really tough event to whom was beginning to turn his entire career around. Jennings' body language, emotional distribution, and play had did a 180 degree change. The kid was straight balling, so much so that I was beginning to see a hell of lot of "Tiny" Nate Acrhibald leading OUR Pistons.

I wish the guy the best possible outcome to this terrible course of events.
Sebastian, you know what cut short an unbelievable career for Nate "Tiny" Archibald? Achilles tears! That was a long time ago and I hope that sports medical science has made enough advances that Jennings career won't suffer, if he works hard with his rehab. I too was rooting for a complete and legit career turnaround....just as I started to believe in the guy, he's faced with a situation he had no control over; damn!

Yo, DX, thanks for reminding me of the injury that did in "Tiny" Nate Archibald. It did the same to OUR very own Zeke.

But, Dominique, Jerebko, Chaunce, and Kobe all seemed to have recovered from the dreaded torn Achilles Tendon.

Last edited by Sebastian on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty My hope and prayers are for Brandon Jennings complete recovery.

Post  deusXango Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:56 pm

Sebastian wrote:
Oracle wrote:From nba.com: "We can't wait until Brandon Jennings can do stuff like this again" - Kiss off the window

And I honor him with a theme from Batman Forever, Kiss From a Rose for all of the sweet KISSES off the window he treated us to!

Word! The Achilles injury suffered by B. Jennings is a really tough event to whom was beginning to turn his entire career around. Jennings' body language, emotional distribution, and play had did a 180 degree change. The kid was straight balling, so much so that I was beginning to see a hell of lot of "Tiny" Nate Acrhibald leading OUR Pistons.

Sebastian, you know what cut short an unbelievable career for Nate "Tiny" Archibald? Achilles tears! That was a long time ago and I hope that sports medical science has made enough advances that Jennings career won't suffer, if he works hard with his rehab. I too was rooting for a complete and legit career turnaround....just as I started to believe in the guy, he's faced with a situation he had no control over; damn!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty B. Jennings

Post  Sebastian Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:32 pm

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty NBA.com honors Jennings, and I want to do the same...

Post  Oracle Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:03 pm

From nba.com: "We can't wait until Brandon Jennings can do stuff like this again" - Kiss off the window

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty MCW and the Detroit Pistons

Post  deusXango Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:11 pm

lemonpen wrote:
Oracle wrote:Jennings was playing great, but there was one thing about him that was different from everybody else... he was our single, lone, consistent player!

They actually took pride in saying it could be anyone on any given night that stepped up!

Well la-dee freaking da, is that some sort of code for, "We don't have any players we can depend on to produce night in and night out"?

Sadly, that's the truth!

No, we won't be getting 35 from Augustin anymore, and Moose will disappear soon, KCP is brutal offensively, Singler needs to be coming off the bench and Butler needs a clipboard in his hands. Meeks is back to being f**king Jodie Meeks, and the only thing keeping us afloat is SVG's system.

So we'll be competitive, maybe even surprise some people, but unless a move is made to shore up the SF position at minimum, and add another NBA guard hopefully, we're headed towards being too good to get a decent pick, but not good enough to make the playoffs, which makes this loss of Jennings even worse!

On the trade front, I like the MCW thought, but they're going to want a top pick, and we can't do that. I would rather have somebody other than a 37 year old non-factor, we need someone a bit better. SVG & Bower need to sharpen their pencils and get to work!

Wouldn't trading our top pick for MCW be a win in that we get a commodity known to be worthy of his draft slot.  What more would we hope for with the pick.  Last year was supposed to be the draft of the century and I'm still waiting to see a 2016 All Star.  If MCW + top pick is a possibility put me in the "bird in the hand" camp.
Lemon. Lemon, wake up!! First of all we can't trade this years first round pick because we surrendered last years pick to Charlotte, second, your statement is contradictory; how could we trade our top pick and end up with MCW + a top pick?

I know, these are desperate times where we have an overworked SG prospect and an underperforming backup....two SF's that combined ain't sh!t and no guarantee that the Moose will resign with us this summer. The stunning reality I've woke up to is we don't have a team suddenly; that unthought of turnaround has ended with Jennings injury, for sure, and no PG, SG, SF, or PF that are of starting quality, do we really want to rely on Drummond to carry this team next year? Miracles do happen, but they don't seem to happen for us.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty MCW

Post  lemonpen Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:04 pm

Sadly, that's the truth!

Wouldn't trading our top pick for MCW be a win in that we get a commodity known to be worthy of his draft slot. What more would we hope for with the pick. Last year was supposed to be the draft of the century and I'm still waiting to see a 2016 All Star. If MCW + top pick is a possibility put me in the "bird in the hand" camp.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Jennings loss exposed what we all could see, but denied!

Post  Oracle Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:02 pm

Jennings was playing great, but there was one thing about him that was different from everybody else... he was our single, lone, consistent player!

Sadly, that's the truth!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty The last three games with or without Jennings shows losses were due to lack of effort on defense. Say what you will about individuals but collectively as a team players lack the basic desire to do the necessary work to win

Post  cool breeze Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:44 am

The good news is our Pistons had a chance to win in crunch time despite the inept effort they gave on defense. Please instruct Monroe not to wonder out of the painted area so much on defense. eliminate giving up 2nd chance points because players fail to box out and stand and watch like spectators when an opposing player jacks up a shot. Doing that should be embarrassing to our players but it seems that they don't believe the coaches and fans are watching. How many times did that happen last night especially when the opposing team shot a baseline jump shot or drove to the rim from the baseline? Standing and watching should get you a lot of bench time. Last night Drummond did get the deserved benching in the 2nd half. He was not interested in paying attention to detail on defense all night but WHY? Monroe was playing hard but still has issues reacting quickly on defense and does force things on offense. Yet he is playing harder than at any time in his playing career with the Pistons.

DX mentioned that Pope might be playing too many minutes. The reason for that is that Meeks is struggling on both ends of the court right now. As poorly as the Pistons played on defense, if Meeks had made some easy shots, our Pistons might have won that game.

Singler did play a non productive game as all of us could see. Is he suffering from the injury or is he having problems adjusting to the mask? What about Butler? Does he have the flu?

The loss of Jennings is significant especially because it is clear he was the team leader and was able to get his teammates motivated to compete.

Stan Van Gundy's post game interview showed that this man is clearly pissed off with his team's effort last night. Will that mean that another player or two will be traded? We fans grew used to lazy inept effort by our players in previous seasons. Joe Dumars never spoke up and acted as if he was not aware of this bad habit. If you watch the post game Van Gundy interviews you can see that this man is engaged. He is aware of everything we are saying in this forum and more. I have complete confidence that Stan will not tolerate lazy defensive effort and those who continue to play that way will be removed. I am wondering what in hell is wrong with Drummond at times. He is capable of dominating on defense and being a monster on the offensive glass. Last night he was tip toeing down the court like an old lady who has hemorrhoids.

If no trades are made for a point guard, I will enjoy pulling for Spencer Dinwiddie to show he is ready to get some serious playing time. He made one nice drive and score in the 2nd half. Spencer is capable of becoming an excellent defender and play maker. After the anticipated ass kicking coming up against Cleveland, I am hoping that our Pistons dig down and start winning again.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next