Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
merc
Oracle
lemonpen
Go Stones!
FlyDog
Sissy1946
Murph
deusXango
WTF
Fennis Dembo
14 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty The Call

Post  lemonpen Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:14 am

Oracle wrote:Inside Slant: Referee Pete Morelli had four potential penalties on key play

Hell, even the Cowboys owner was surprised!

"I've never seen one get that far into the next play and ready to go again and have it reversed, but I think that's a good thing," Jones said

Yeah, he liked the call, but he knows it was total BS!!!

Yeah it sucked.  But, it came at a time that left both our defense and offense a good opportunity to win the game.  We choked on those chances.

This season is still one to be proud of, and hopefully build upon.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:07 am

Oracle wrote:Inside Slant: Referee Pete Morelli had four potential penalties on key play

"I've never seen one get that far into the next play and ready to go again and have it reversed, but I think that's a good thing," Jones said

The defender had his back to the ball so how could the final decision be a no call? There was also clear contact. But are NFL games fixed especially in the Wild Card games? Did some power broker from TV land make a call to suggest a reversal after the home crowd complained after the replay was shown on the big screen? Who knows but that was clearly a bogus reversal.

But Oracle if you still have the game tapped at your home please watch the play of the game where Dallas converts on a touchdown pass for the winning play of the game. For some amazing reason the defensive call was to only rush 4 linemen and go to a prevent defense giving a ridiculous amount of time for the Dallas quarterback to find an open receiver. Who didn't believe that Dallas would score on that play? And one thing really stood out for me on that play. Our number 90 could be clearly seen just standing and out of the play entirely. He didn't try to get to the quarterback on the most important play of the game. I watched it several times. It also seemed that the overall effort of the defensive linemen was to tank in that entire series once Dallas got the ball to start that drive. And who made the call for a prevent defense to allow a quarterback mega time to pick the Lions apart? That is why I find it difficult to not listen to those who believe these games are fixed. Dallas will bring in huge ratings next week. They will lose most likely but the gain for the television networks will be fantastic. "America's Team" has won in the playoffs again. It is just like old times. There is no way the Detroit Lions should have lost that game. The play calling in the 2nd half sucked by the offensive coordinator and the Lions defense never rose to the occasion when they needed to show that things had changed in Lion land.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Very Special

Post  lemonpen Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:01 am

Oracle wrote:I don't care who you're playing, this is a real accomplishment!

It's hard to win 5 straight in the NBA, let alone all by double digits while defending at a high level!

They're finding their way, and I know that they don't even believe they're this good yet, it takes winning over a longer period of time for it to truly become a part of you, like breathing!

But you have to start somewhere, and this streak is as good as it gets... very IMPRESSIVE!!!

According to a report I heard on the radio this morning, the last time we won 5 NARO by double digits was during the 2006 season. That was done by some bad dudes.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Pistons winning streak!

Post  Oracle Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:37 am

I don't care who you're playing, this is a real accomplishment!

It's hard to win 5 straight in the NBA, let alone all by double digits while defending at a high level!

They're finding their way, and I know that they don't even believe they're this good yet, it takes winning over a longer period of time for it to truly become a part of you, like breathing!

But you have to start somewhere, and this streak is as good as it gets... very IMPRESSIVE!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty How bad was that call?

Post  Oracle Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:31 am

Inside Slant: Referee Pete Morelli had four potential penalties on key play

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty It'll take YEARS...

Post  Oracle Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:00 am

For me to get over this total BS!!!

FORUM - Page 20 D48e86111ab1ecee676028b379a41968_normalBarry Sanders   
Follow
Wow... never seen a flag picked up like that
FORUM - Page 20 B6jCP7oCYAAqQ1C
FORUM - Page 20 Rwh3O4mE_normalMichael David Smith  @MichaelDavSmith
Follow
Even if no interference, Hitchens grabbed Pettigrew's jersey all the way. Should've been defensive holding.

If the Pistons had lost, I'd be on suicide watch!

As it is, I'm looking to do a drive by on the NFL, what a blatant move to get a specific team to advance in the playoffs! The NBA may have had cheating refs, but not the whole league cheating in broad daylight!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Damn the Lions

Post  Phil-Good Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:57 pm

Man, the Lions lost. They should have waive Josh Smith.....

WOW! Tuff defense, good PG play. Drummonds is becoming A defense, shot blocking and rebounding machine. Guys enjoy playing together. The pistons have transformed into A 3pt shooting team after the dumping of 1 ball hog bum in Josh Smith.

I really enjoy the Pistons system. It's fun to watch. Stan Van Gundy is A amazing coach. I see why he got A so so team into the NBA finals. Defense first and A bunch of good shooters for inside out basketball. I love it! Best system i have seen other then The Spurs in A long time.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Kings

Post  Sparma Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:57 pm

The incredible streak continues.

Jennings has played stellar. Ridiculous comment: that was the most worrisome 35 pt, 7 assist, performance I've ever seen. Right after Josh left, I felt Brandon might be transforming his game, looking for his teammates early in the clock. Tonight, he was spectacular, but very self-serving. I don't think he can't excel consistently playing like he did tonight.

I continue to warm up to Jodie Meeks. I'm seeing how his track speed (10.9 in the 100) helps him get in position, also defensively. He finished a beautiful baseline dunk, but I'm getting the sense that finishing close is not his forte.

Butler's a really good end of the rotation sub. Tolliver looks like he can contribute in a similar role. Not sure he's up for a big role, replacing JJ next year, as Mayo speculates could happen. Finding a niche for them, as well as for several other plays, is key; overexposure would be deadly.

Great help defense against Cousins, but the fouls were piling up. Monroe showed me how he can be effective on D, bodying up one on one against Cousins on at least one impressive play.

5-23 with Josh; 5-0 with a series of blowouts without him. Amazing, even unprecedented, stuff. Never seen anything like it. Now we shall see how the team holds as the schedule turns grim. They've lifted their game into the heavens by several means, but I'm expecting a return to earth now, although not a descent into the nether regions of a 5-23 style team.

Last edited by Sparma on Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Suspended disbelief

Post  deusXango Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:52 pm

Lions vs. Cowboys: When a backfield defender is hit in the back of the head with a pass, because he's busy driving the receiver into the turf, and it's not pass interference, it's Dallas! The Lions were on their way to what would've been the winning score; I can't believe it.

Pistons vs. the NBA: All of a sudden the Pistons are serving notice to the league that they're coming; they're doing the same ridiculous thing that Atlanta is doing, playing team ball....Ooops, they're the kings in the east. I can't believe it.

Lions off season is coming up...there's been talk that Megatron is getting old and being paid too much so we should trade him....there's been season long debates about the worth of Suh and if he's worth bringing back, but our highly paid, superstar QB is safe for another year of learning; six years deep into his career, as a starter, and he's still learning. I can't believe it. What will the Lions look like next year without Johnson and Suh?

The more I watch the Pistons play, the more I want SVG to draft Frank Kaminsky this spring. He'd be a cure to all our frontcourt ills and nothing like Josh Smith; we'd have a legit Big 3 to rotate in Drummond, Moose (if he decides to stay), and an upcoming player the caliber of Kaminsky. I'm going to reserve final judgement of Jennings until seasons end, but our elite, starting SF should be traded for. KCP and Meeks are blowing my hair back with their exceptional play. I'm turning into a Pistons believer.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:36 pm

WISEFAN wrote:But still proud of the 11-5 seasons and I expect better next season. If I the Lions either Peterson or Rice is in the back field next season and Suh is signed.  GO LIONS.

Now as far as the screwing the refs killed the momentum and stole the game with that no call or over turned call and then proceeded to call every infraction they could against the Lions.   Sure there were a couple things they did to themselves but none were as costly as the sh!t the refs pulled in this game.

Before the game started I said the Lions could win only if the refs don't fu@k them and they sure did.

Wisefan my favorite Lion player is TATE and TATE wasn't the target for Stafford much in the 2nd half. TATE is a winner. I can't say the same for some of the other key highly paid players. Calvin Johnson dropped a pass thrown perfectly in his mid section at a time with real stars do whatever is needed to make those catches. Then on the next play he leaves too early causing a stupid penalty.

But in the end it was players on the defense who lost this game. Detroit's strength is supposed to the their defense rated second best in the NFL. But it seems that when everything is on the line, the Lions defense fails the team as they did in another playoff loss. Could this Lion team be considered a good football team? I think not.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Oh ye, of little faith...

Post  WTF Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:03 pm

Oracle wrote:Faith? No, I don't believe in what's going on yet, but I applaud you for your faith!

However, I do have HOPE, and that hope leads me to believe that if this is real, we should have a shot at winning more than half of those games, but it all depends on two things!

1. That we continue to shoot well from 3: It's just that simple, if the shooting continues, we have a way better than even chance to win
2. The "TEAM" defense continues to be effective! This can be more or less important, depending on the shooting.

Outside of KCP, we don't have any above average one on one defenders. Our defense has performed so well because the way we play team defense makes the sum of the parts seem better than each individual!

Shockingly, if you watch Jennings, he's become a pesky defender. It appears to be a combination of increased confidence and desire, but he's ball hawking and keeping his man in front of him a couple of seconds longer than he used to, which strengthens the help defenders!

As I and others have noted, good shooting is contagious, and right now, the whole team is getting in on the act, so that bodes well for us. However, it's going to take a stretch like this for us to see who these guys really are. I've never had faith in a team that shoots a lot of 3's, but SVG stocks up on 3 point shooters, specifically to be able to swap out any having an off night, to offset the "die by the 3" effect that will surely happen!

How we weather this storm of games will either cement this team as a playoff contender or a lotto bound pretender(although in the east, we may never be out of the playoff picture, lol ).

I'm not buying in consider we're beating teams that look just like us with the exception of the Cavs. So we're really beating ourselves at this point well killing our draft positions.

I will say that Andre has been great to watch and so has Meeks but I can't buy in beyond those two.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty LIONS GET SCREWED IN DALLAS

Post  WTF Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:58 pm

But still proud of the 11-5 seasons and I expect better next season. If I the Lions either Peterson or Rice is in the back field next season and Suh is signed.  GO LIONS.

Now as far as the screwing the refs killed the momentum and stole the game with that no call or over turned call and then proceeded to call every infraction they could against the Lions.   Sure there were a couple things they did to themselves but none were as costly as the sh!t the refs pulled in this game.

Before the game started I said the Lions could win only if the refs don't fu@k them and they sure did.

Last edited by WISEFAN on Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Scheduling??????

Post  Oracle Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:17 pm

Why are the Pistons playing when the Lions are playing a playoff game!!!

Scheduling is pissing me off!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty More fun watching the Pistons playing winning basketball now than before where we could only hope to obtain a great first round pick. Players must be careful not to slip back into old ways.

Post  cool breeze Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:15 pm

Sometimes when a team blows out another team early in a game, the players start to rest and lose their mojo and sloppy play becomes common. This happened with some players in the 2nd half of the last game. my biggest worry is DJ Augustin. He played 6 straight smart games before NY. He was a pass first point guard who defended with high energy and gave up open low percentage shots to give others opportunities. While Brando Jennings played at a high level on both ends in that game Augustin was not as impressive as he had been. I hope the coaching staff identified what happened and tonight, DJ will be playing smart basketball again. I have been proud of our point guards lately and just want the high quality to continue. It is fun to see them being successful players.

The other players who slipped was Greg Monroe relating to effort. He looked very lazy running the court. It looked as if his legs were carrying 20 LB weights on each ankle. He failed to even get off the ground at times to compete for rebounds. Maybe it wasn't necessary but it would be cool if Monroe, Drummond, Jerebco and the other big men form a high energy unit. Before the NY after Smith moved on, I thought that the rotations were really good on defense to the point where it looked almost impossible for guards to drive into the painted area.

One thing that has not changed is how well the shooting guards are playing lately. Great work ethic is obvious with Meeks and KCP. I think the players want to draw some large crowds at the Palace and play with more pride. Good luck tonight Pistons!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Hmmm

Post  Go Stones! Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:09 pm

Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty "Waive Josh Smith"

Post  Phil-Good Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:53 pm

If the Lions don't win this game I'm going to go "Waive Josh Smith" on everybody around here...

Ask my wife did she cook. She said, if you ask me that again i'm going to go "Waive Josh Smith" on your azz.

If this guy don't pay me my money I'm going to "Waive Josh Smith" all over this prick!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Stuart Scott!

Post  Sebastian Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:31 pm

Oracle wrote:Stuart Scott dies at age of 49 - Retrospective Video

Damn!!!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty We lost a really good one who changed things...

Post  Oracle Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:21 pm

Stuart Scott dies at age of 49 - Retrospective Video
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Well, blow me down ...

Post  Sebastian Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:09 am

Oracle wrote:"What it is ain't exactly clear"...

Well, that's what's going on in the NBA right now.

Is it a reaction to the attempt to get superstars together on one team? I don't know, but this movement is being led by the Pop coached, Duncan, Parker, Ginóbili led Spurs!

This is a movement who's basic premise is that playing team ball with good to great athletes, trumps having 3 stars, and it's working!

This year we're seeing the rise of such teams in the Raptors and Atlanta! Atlanta, who by the way, have improved each year after getting rid of Josh! Is there a pattern developing here?

Enter the return of Van Gundy to the NBA and the recent change in the Pistons to a total team effort! We're actually more talented than most, but we're also the 3rd youngest team in the league, so experience isn't in our favor... yet!

So the beginning of this song is 100% correct... "Something's happening here"

I can't lie. I did not see the GM Stan/Head Coached Pistons balling this well, when the decision was made to re-write Josh Smith's contract removing him from the roster.

OUR Pistons have been kicking ass and taking names, since the decision was made. It is true that WE have beaten teams that are struggling themselves with injuries and organizational dysfunction (the Kings, today), but this catch-and-shoot bunch has been shooting like the lights out.

- Brandon Jennings has been flowing. His jumper has been on and he has finished at the rim. He has been balling.
- F@ckin' Jodie Meeks has been on fire. He can't missed. And, the guy is an excellent free throw shooter. He must continue coming off the bench.
- KCP is becoming a quiet assassin. He plays very, very good defense. And, his stroke has gotten a little better. And, he is driving more to the basket. He needs to have 4 And-1's each game.
- D.J. Ausgustine has been the back-up PG that I expected; better ball-control and decision-making. But, needs to still get better with the Alley to Dre'.
- Dre is gobbling up rebounds and blocking shots. Keep up those rim-runs Dre.
- Moose has changed. Over the last 10-days, I believe that Moose has seriously contemplated re-signing.
- Singler has been Singler, but he has joined the party with his customary two-made threes each game. Folks WE still need a more dynamic SF. And, Tolliver is not that guy. What about Singler and OUR 2015 1st Round Pick for Harrison Barnes? Like somebody already noted, WE are young enough. I would rather add a 22 year with 3 years (Barnes turns 23 in May) NBA experience on his rookie contract through 2016 season (Team Option), than a one and done 19-year old.
- Jerebko is getting the opportunity to enhance his chances of getting another good NBA contract.
- Caron Butler's legs have been fresh enough, allowing him to hit the 2-4 shots that he throws up.

OUR Pistons are currently "living by the three". Next week, when the Spurs and the Mavericks run OUR catch-and-shoot troop off of their spots, WE will then see how good OUR Pistons truly are.

WE need a SF, who can help to consume the area of the floor from the 3-Point Line to the lane. Before this roster becomes a serious threat, WE will need to score on conventional three point plays (And-1's); plays that will allow the Pistons to enter the Penalty Situation earlier during the quarter and getting the opponent in foul trouble - forcing line changes that the opposing team may not want to make.

If Harrison Barnes is added to this team. Look-out: Eastern Conference.

Welcome back, DX. All the best, my man!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty As the song says, "Something's happening here"...

Post  Oracle Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:22 am

"What it is ain't exactly clear"...

Well, that's what's going on in the NBA right now.

Is it a reaction to the attempt to get superstars together on one team? I don't know, but this movement is being led by the Pop coached, Duncan, Parker, Ginóbili led Spurs!

This is a movement who's basic premise is that playing team ball with good to great athletes, trumps having 3 stars, and it's working!

This year we're seeing the rise of such teams in the Raptors and Atlanta! Atlanta, who by the way, have improved each year after getting rid of Josh! Is there a pattern developing here?

Enter the return of Van Gundy to the NBA and the recent change in the Pistons to a total team effort! We're actually more talented than most, but we're also the 3rd youngest team in the league, so experience isn't in our favor... yet!

So the beginning of this song is 100% correct... "Something's happening here"

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Welcome Back deusXango

Post  Sissy1946 Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:07 pm

Great to have your wisdom back especially at a time where the Pistons are going to prove to all of us how good they really are without Josh, can one man make a difference? Some say yes & some no, in this case he's affected two teams,  am I willing to believe that?
 Yes he can because he is, now is that a true reality? Time will tell after the Pistons beat the Kings & go into San Antonio with a 5 game winning streak, if Josh was still on this team maybe they would have lost all four of these last 4 winnable games they've played but we don't have to worry, he's finally gone.
I was thinking they could steal maybe one or two of them & sure I know  the caliber of play is going way up with these teams but I think these Pistons are ornery & playing well together that they might have a little surprise in order of an ambush waiting for a couple of these teams.
I just want them to play competitive which I think they really will, they've turned the heads of many fans & I don't think their done quite yet. I'm on this wagon with them because they believe, will they be brought down a peg, the high class teams their playing say yes but I don't think their believing until they've been shown, something's in the Air with the Pistons, let's see if their for real one game at a time.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Lions will go to the Super Bowl, if only they could...

Post  Oracle Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:55 pm

Waive Josh Smith lol lol lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Oh ye, of little faith...

Post  Oracle Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:55 pm

Faith? No, I don't believe in what's going on yet, but I applaud you for your faith!

However, I do have HOPE, and that hope leads me to believe that if this is real, we should have a shot at winning more than half of those games, but it all depends on two things!

1. That we continue to shoot well from 3: It's just that simple, if the shooting continues, we have a way better than even chance to win
2. The "TEAM" defense continues to be effective! This can be more or less important, depending on the shooting.

Outside of KCP, we don't have any above average one on one defenders. Our defense has performed so well because the way we play team defense makes the sum of the parts seem better than each individual!

Shockingly, if you watch Jennings, he's become a pesky defender. It appears to be a combination of increased confidence and desire, but he's ball hawking and keeping his man in front of him a couple of seconds longer than he used to, which strengthens the help defenders!

As I and others have noted, good shooting is contagious, and right now, the whole team is getting in on the act, so that bodes well for us. However, it's going to take a stretch like this for us to see who these guys really are. I've never had faith in a team that shoots a lot of 3's, but SVG stocks up on 3 point shooters, specifically to be able to swap out any having an off night, to offset the "die by the 3" effect that will surely happen!

How we weather this storm of games will either cement this team as a playoff contender or a lotto bound pretender(although in the east, we may never be out of the playoff picture, lol ).
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Oh ye, of little faith.

Post  deusXango Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:50 am

Oracle wrote:
Sparma wrote:The three game stretch after Sunday's game will tell us a lot.  In the meantime, it's exciting to watch the team play smart team ball, shoot well.  Can't remember when they seemed to be having so much fun.  And our franchise player's about to set a record

Ya Think???

Although I disagree that it's just 3 games, here's the terror that awaits our boys in red, white & blue after Sunday!

1. Spurs & Mavericks on the road
2. Hawks then Nets at home
3. Then Raptors, Pelicans, and Pacers with 2 on the road

You might think we'd already be stocking up on vaseline!

That schedule is a bit hard to swallow, and I'm sure the Pistons are asking SVG...

You want me to eat WHAT???

FORUM - Page 20 B6Q0NywCMAECBkt
Oracle, this is clearly a developing .500 team and all we have to do is win one of the Texas games, play .500 ball at the crib, and play like they know they outclass the likes of New Orleans and Indy and they're still playing exceptional ball; don't you think it's doable? That'd be .500+ ball.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Murders Row upcoming for the Pistons...

Post  Oracle Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:21 am

Sparma wrote:The three game stretch after Sunday's game will tell us a lot.  In the meantime, it's exciting to watch the team play smart team ball, shoot well.  Can't remember when they seemed to be having so much fun.  And our franchise player's about to set a record

Ya Think???

Although I disagree that it's just 3 games, here's the terror that awaits our boys in red, white & blue after Sunday!

1. Spurs & Mavericks on the road
2. Hawks then Nets at home
3. Then Raptors, Pelicans, and Pacers with 2 on the road

You might think we'd already be stocking up on vaseline!

That schedule is a bit hard to swallow, and I'm sure the Pistons are asking SVG...

You want me to eat WHAT???

FORUM - Page 20 B6Q0NywCMAECBkt
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next