Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
Sissy1946
Go Stones!
merc
Sebastian
deusXango
Murph
Sparma
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
13 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Freaking Media Bozos

Post  WTF Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:44 pm

Oracle wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:The Faried and Josh match up was basically a wash both defended each other well and for a large portion of the game both team defended well.  Seriously I wonder what game you all were watching or is it just some immediate hate thing the minute you'll see his jersey.  In the 3rd qt. Josh misses were mainly in the painted area,  in the 4th Josh had 3 attempts and was1-3 and 2-7 in the 3rd so basically he was 3-10 in the second half and  he was 6-10 in the 1st and 0-2 in the second.  

I'm say this because some think he came out of the gate just blindly jacking up shots.  The data is there just look at it. It also kind of debunks Faried claim that they just laid off Josh.  Even throwing in Thursday game Josh issue is at the basket where he's missing most of his shots.  Thaddius Young is a piece of candy either.  I'm not making excuses but the overkill on the Josh bashing 2 games in is a bit much.  Too early people

This is ALL the media, and Josh needs to just drop stuff like that!

If you notice, the media blows this stuff up, runs between each party asking questions designed to make something out of nothing!

They're doing the same thing with Jennings! Now they're saying that Jennings is daring SVG to sit him, and Jennings said nothing of the kind!

The media is like some kid trying to start something, it's obvious they don't give a sh!t about the players, the team or the city when they do this stuff!

Sad that this is coming from local rags at that. I know what I seen in those 2 games but if I'm reading the paper you'll swear all hell was breaking lose after 2 games.

Here is something I notice with Josh and that the weight gain has made him less mobile and perhaps he bulked up too much. I'm not sure how that plays out over the course of the season. Maybe he drops some of the weight or it could be just conditioning and not just with Josh but the entire team right now but somehow I think it'll all click.

I agree with you on how SVG is handling the Jennings thing as well he should either play him or sit him, but any attempts at mind games will cause big issues.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Josh Smith Fan Club Calls Bullshit

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:30 pm

WISEFAN wrote:The Faried and Josh match up was basically a wash both defended each other well and for a large portion of the game both team defended well.  Seriously I wonder what game you all were watching or is it just some immediate hate thing the minute you'll see his jersey.  In the 3rd qt. Josh misses were mainly in the painted area,  in the 4th Josh had 3 attempts and was1-3 and 2-7 in the 3rd so basically he was 3-10 in the second half and  he was 6-10 in the 1st and 0-2 in the second.  

I'm say this because some think he came out of the gate just blindly jacking up shots.  The data is there just look at it. It also kind of debunks Faried claim that they just laid off Josh.  Even throwing in Thursday game Josh issue is at the basket where he's missing most of his shots.  Thaddius Young is a piece of candy either.  I'm not making excuses but the overkill on the Josh bashing 2 games in is a bit much.  Too early people

This is ALL the media, and Josh needs to just drop stuff like that!

If you notice, the media blows this stuff up, runs between each party asking questions designed to make something out of nothing!

They're doing the same thing with Jennings! Now they're saying that Jennings is daring SVG to sit him, and Jennings said nothing of the kind!

The media is like some kid trying to start something, it's obvious they don't give a sh!t about the players, the team or the city when they do this stuff!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Thanks

Post  WTF Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:26 pm

Oracle wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Posting this at 9:11 but time is showing at 10:11

That was bothering me too, but you have to go to your profile and update the time zone.

I don't know what they did, but everything was totally off!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty You have to fix it...

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:25 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Posting this at 9:11 but time is showing at 10:11

That was bothering me too, but you have to go to your profile and update the time zone.

I don't know what they did, but everything was totally off!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Time Is Wrong On Posting

Post  WTF Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:12 pm

Posting this at 9:11 but time is showing at 10:11
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Josh Smith Fan Club Calls Bullshit

Post  WTF Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:05 pm

The Faried and Josh match up was basically a wash both defended each other well and for a large portion of the game both team defended well. Seriously I wonder what game you all were watching or is it just some immediate hate thing the minute you'll see his jersey. In the 3rd qt. Josh misses were mainly in the painted area, in the 4th Josh had 3 attempts and was1-3 and 2-7 in the 3rd so basically he was 3-10 in the second half and he was 6-10 in the 1st and 0-2 in the second.

I'm say this because some think he came out of the gate just blindly jacking up shots. The data is there just look at it. It also kind of debunks Faried claim that they just laid off Josh. Even throwing in Thursday game Josh issue is at the basket where he's missing most of his shots. Thaddius Young is a piece of candy either. I'm not making excuses but the overkill on the Josh bashing 2 games in is a bit much. Too early people
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Don: Excellent Post!

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:31 pm

cool breeze wrote:1. Poor free throw shooting - This is scaring the crap out of me!!!

2. Failure of the highly paid starting point guard Brandon Jennings to both play effective defense as well as not effectively being equipped to run an offense from the point guard position. Should Jennings actually move to the bench now and come off the bench as a shooting guard against certain opponents? While Jennings might be challenging Van Gundy right now to start Augustin and bring Brandon off the bench, is it smart to play Jennings at all at the point guard position? Why not give the minutes to Spencer Dinwiddie as back up point guard or share backup minutes with Jennings until Jennings can show that he can defend a NBA caliber guard? I recall P. Siva running the Piston team for the last 4 or 5 games of last season and he sure made the team function better than the high priced Brandon Jennings. SVG is saying what do I do now?? This guy Jennings can't play both ways but he has this huge contract. What do I do as both coach and President? My answer to that is ask Tom Gores what to do as he was in favor of the Knight for Jennings trade. Bucks fans are sure laughing now. - I don't agree with how SVG is handling Jennings! Jennings is actually trying to do what SVG wants, but he's making some mistakes that need correcting! You need to play him and show some confidence in him, or you need to start Augustin and be done with it! This is a bad situation for the team!!!

3. Our big men cannot defend well and cannot keep opponent big men off the offensive glass. That is something SVG has spent most of this training camp on with our bigs and they have failed big time against two weak NBA teams. I knew that Drummond was still a horrible defender but I didn't know that Smith was so inept playing defense at the power forward position. Monroe is also a poor defender. We have no Ben Wallace or Bill Laimbeer on this team. None of our 3 big men seem interested in defense. Drummond should be but he wants to become more of an offensive threat. He gets excited making those low post moves and he has improved. But any idiot knows that you need to learn to become the best possible defender you can be be first when you are getting settled as a player in this league. SVG needs to trade one or two of our big men down the line if things don't get better and I am confident that he will do it if necessary. Based on the last two games, Jerebco should be getting a lot more minutes than the coach is giving him. He is a scraper type player who dives for loose balls and has a lot of energy. Our two starting big men went through the motions and drew stupid fouls because they didn't move their feet especially in the fatal 3rd quarter. - This is why I say Drummond isn't starting material yet! I get shocked how he fails to box out, fails to even know where his man is, and is scored on by guards so easily! Josh surprises me when he lets his man go all over the place and he ends up guarding nobody!

4. This is the time to panic of you are working on this Piston coaching staff right now. If you are a coach you know the truth. Some key Piston players are playing stupid and they are not giving max effort. It is rare for NBA players not to come out strong in the early going of a season. To get that far behind the horrible Timberwolves players in the 3rd quarter and just mail it in is great cause for concern. The chemistry does not look good. If you are employed as a coach in the NBA you must work with the here and now and not just say oh it is too early to tell how good we are. If you have a team that has suffered some key injuries or had a player out because of a DUI, then you look to see the character of the players who need to pick up the slack and play all out to make up for a team's temporary weakness. That didn't happen. You have a starting point guard who have zero confidence in himself and is acting like an abused child. Jennings comments should have been damn I need to get with the program and play harder and better to earn more playing time. I find it difficult to pull for this player right now. And I was hoping things had changed with Brandon Jennings. If you watched I. Thomas on NBA TV is all but predicted potential problems with the fit between SVG and Jennings. And make no mistake, the fit would not be good if Zeke were the coach either. I say move Jennings to shooting guard at times. The guy can get hot and make some incredible shots. Or trade him and pay part of his contract. - I didn't want to say that, but I do agree. Fans should be concerned, but the coaching staff should be in full lock down mode! Going 0-3 would be a shocking disaster and would place SVG in a very bad position to lose fans and the team quickly! He doesn't have enough of his own guys to withstand a storm of dissent if it happens. Smith & Jennings could hurt any effort to win if they get turned off!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty While only two games have been played there is clear evidence that the same players who failed last season are making the same mistakes

Post  cool breeze Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:45 pm

1. Poor free throw shooting

2. Failure of the highly paid starting point guard Brandon Jennings to both play effective defense as well as not effectively being equipped to run an offense from the point guard position. Should Jennings actually move to the bench now and come off the bench as a shooting guard against certain opponents? While Jennings might be challenging Van Gundy right now to start Augustin and bring Brandon off the bench, is it smart to play Jennings at all at the point guard position? Why not give the minutes to Spencer Dinwiddie as back up point guard or share backup minutes with Jennings until Jennings can show that he can defend a NBA caliber guard? I recall P. Siva running the Piston team for the last 4 or 5 games of last season and he sure made the team function better than the high priced Brandon Jennings. SVG is saying what do I do now?? This guy Jennings can't play both ways but he has this huge contract. What do I do as both coach and President? My answer to that is ask Tom Gores what to do as he was in favor of the Knight for Jennings trade. Bucks fans are sure laughing now.

3. Our big men cannot defend well and cannot keep opponent big men off the offensive glass. That is something SVG has spent most of this training camp on with our bigs and they have failed big time against two weak NBA teams. I knew that Drummond was still a horrible defender but I didn't know that Smith was so inept playing defense at the power forward position. Monroe is also a poor defender. We have no Ben Wallace or Bill Laimbeer on this team. None of our 3 big men seem interested in defense. Drummond should be but he wants to become more of an offensive threat. He gets excited making those low post moves and he has improved. But any idiot knows that you need to learn to become the best possible defender you can be be first when you are getting settled as a player in this league. SVG needs to trade one or two of our big men down the line if things don't get better and I am confident that he will do it if necessary. Based on the last two games, Jerebco should be getting a lot more minutes than the coach is giving him. He is a scraper type player who dives for loose balls and has a lot of energy. Our two starting big men went through the motions and drew stupid fouls because they didn't move their feet especially in the fatal 3rd quarter.

4. This is the time to panic of you are working on this Piston coaching staff right now. If you are a coach you know the truth. Some key Piston players are playing stupid and they are not giving max effort. It is rare for NBA players not to come out strong in the early going of a season. To get that far behind the horrible Timberwolves players in the 3rd quarter and just mail it in is great cause for concern. The chemistry does not look good. If you are employed as a coach in the NBA you must work with the here and now and not just say oh it is too early to tell how good we are. If you have a team that has suffered some key injuries or had a player out because of a DUI, then you look to see the character of the players who need to pick up the slack and play all out to make up for a team's temporary weakness. That didn't happen. You have a starting point guard who have zero confidence in himself and is acting like an abused child. Jennings comments should have been damn I need to get with the program and play harder and better to earn more playing time. I find it difficult to pull for this player right now. And I was hoping things had changed with Brandon Jennings. If you watched I. Thomas on NBA TV is all but predicted potential problems with the fit between SVG and Jennings. And make no mistake, the fit would not be good if Zeke were the coach either. I say move Jennings to shooting guard at times. The guy can get hot and make some incredible shots. Or trade him and pay part of his contract.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty That's real talk, maybe too real for some, but real none-the-less!

Post  deusXango Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:32 pm

Oracle wrote:
The trade machine will be in full force once the due diligence is done!

The strength of this team lies in the big men, so success likely starts there!

Josh Smith: Is a valuable piece, but he needs a PG and teammates that are strong enough to NOT pass him the ball when he's not near the paint! If he finds himself out on the perimeter, they need to ice him out unless it's deep into the clock and he's the only open man! Josh should be the starting PF for this team!

Greg Monroe: I'm through complaining about his defense, he's an almost unstoppable offensive force when he's engaged. I can count on one hand the big men in this league with as good or better post moves! Greg is an important addition to any team, and his defense WILL get better! Having said that, I can see a future team without him being just as good if SVG makes the right moves, and even this year when we're at full strength! Monroe should be the starting center for this team!

Andre Drummond: While he's the future, he's learning too many things to start. IMO, he would also benefit from playing with the high energy bench guys, and being on the 2nd unit would allow us to experiment and develop him better. If we're serious about competing, this is the move to make. Drummond should be the backup center!

Oracle, these are golden nuggets I panned from your post; until SVG comes to grips with what you've pointed out to be fact and acts on it, the team will flounder. The strength of the team has yet to be deployed properly (as you've suggested and I agree) and the PG play they need has been absent; I'm not a Jennings fan and I'll leave it at that. We need a SF to come to and call for the ball, not run to a corner and wait for a pass all the time. How many of the top 15-20 SF's in the league do that and because they don't, does that make them dumb asses? Last night when Butler went off, how many times did he setup in the corner and wait on the ball? I saw him out on the floor calling for the rock.

Wise has offered a word of patience, which I'm going to take to heart; it's too early to panic and we're not at full strength yet.....it's an 82 game season and how many games did you, the individual, project the team to win out of the 82? I'm still alright with my 41.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Way Too Early At That

Post  WTF Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:54 pm

The way some are going at it here it's like everyone has already drawn some conclusions on players, SVG and the season for that matter. Okay the Pistons open up on the road with 2 winnable games and probably should have won both of them but is anyone really shocked they lost them both. I mean Cleveland got popped by NY at home so give the Pistons time.

They're missing Meeks, Monroe, Martin and starting off on the road. I'm still saying team wins 44 games and make the playoffs.

I'm not individually placing blame on any single player the team collectively shot like sh!t in the first game and it very well could have been the affects of playing in Denver that had them looking like dog poop in the 3rd quarter yesterday.

Whatever decision need to be made I just hope SVG makes them clear and decisive, as for listening to the dumbass media making mountains out of mole hills so what Josh called Faried a clown and so what Jennings said Augustin should start if he's playing better. Both comments make sense as responses to both the comment by Faried and the question to Jennings by the media. Keep in mind the local media is after SVG like sharks after bloody bait because they still Joe crazy and waiting to say "I told you so" They're hoping SVG fails.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Too early?

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:54 pm

It's not too early to point out problems, but it's way too early to make any conclusions!

SVG is doing what he has to do to find out as soon as possible who he'll keep and who needs to go!

The trade machine will be in full force once the due diligence is done!

The strength of this team lies in the big men, so success likely starts there!

Josh Smith: Is a valuable piece, but he needs a PG and teammates that are strong enough to NOT pass him the ball when he's not near the paint! If he finds himself out on the perimeter, they need to ice him out unless it's deep into the clock and he's the only open man! Josh should be the starting PF for this team!

Greg Monroe: I'm through complaining about his defense, he's an almost unstoppable offensive force when he's engaged. I can count on one hand the big men in this league with as good or better post moves! Greg is an important addition to any team, and his defense WILL get better! Having said that, I can see a future team without him being just as good if SVG makes the right moves, and even this year when we're at full strength! Monroe should be the starting center for this team!

Andre Drummond: While he's the future, he's learning too many things to start. IMO, he would also benefit from playing with the high energy bench guys, and being on the 2nd unit would allow us to experiment and develop him better. If we're serious about competing, this is the move to make. Drummond should be the backup center!

I have confidence that we also have great support in Anthony & JJ. These are both players that are physical and annoying to opponents! They position themselves well, and make life easier for the featured players!

The next position of importance is the PG position! If Jennings doesn't come around, we seriously need to move on! Dinwiddie does not have SVG's confidence to play yet, and I seriously don't see him getting any shot this year beyond 3rd guard, 4th SG, or garbage time.

I don't think SVG wants to start Augustin because he's shown to be so effective coming off the bench. IMO, he really wants a proven competent PG to run things, one that will have the cred to look off anybody on this team and select the right player to pass to. Jennings appears to only see some players and ignores others.

It's Center, PF and PG that will determine how well we do this year. Once we get those right, then we can turn our attention to the supporting position of SF.

One word on Singler! He's a "Glue" player! He'll be more effective in a well functioning system than one that's not working. That's why I stress getting the other stuff right before we even make a decision on the supporting positions... that is all!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:51 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Murph wrote:
Oracle wrote:SVG needs to clean this up ASAP!

He needs Jennings because he isn't going to play Dinwiddie very much, so he's not likely a solution this year unless we're losing big time!

As I said earlier, I'm concerned that we're seeing such a radical shift from the play in preseason to now, what happened?

I know SVG got off to a bad start with the whole Denver debacle, but if he blows how he handles Jennings, he could lose some respect from the players and that will ripple through the team!

IMO he's not being fair to Jennings because the way Jennings is playing is consistent with the way we want him to play, but the team isn't playing the right way yet.

In short, it isn't Jennings fault, and just because Augustin handles it better, doesn't mean that you lay the lions share of the blame on one player.

SVG says he doesn't blame Jennings, but his actions are inconsistent with his words, and that's a huge problem!

Look for SVG to clean this mess up, I'm sure he sees the problem, and he needs to deal with it!

My guess is that SVG hated what he saw in the first game.  Jennings focused on feeding Smith the ball, to the detriment of moving the ball, sharing the ball, and the other players.

I'm guessing the SVG wants to send a message to Jennings, loud and clear, that it's his way or the highway and he's not going to put up with Jennings and Smith running the showIf Jennings won't cooperate, he won't play.  

I'm down with that (I have Augustin on my fantasy hoops team... lol ).

Okay lets not start on Josh and he's unfairly included in the highlighted comment.  Just like last season Josh is a victim of poor PG play, he's not making Jennings pass him the rock and because it's coming late in the clock Josh is force into many of those attempts.  Jennings doing the exact same thing from last season but it could be that he needs to get use to other players beyond Josh and Andre.

Wisefan everything cannot be blamed on Jennings. During this comeback, Butler got all the attention but the group that played with him defended well lead by Jonas Jerebco. I hope the coach remembers the effort that group made. It was Smith and Drummond who played absent minded defense which also occurred in Denver. Smith is smarter than he is currently playing especially on the defensive end. Is it all Drummond's fault? I can't tell but I do see that Smith is not talking on defense. He is supposed to be a vet leader so he needs to show the way for Drummond. But neither has concentrated on defense above the level of an ant so far. And Moose is a poor defender as well. Which big man will make the key defensive play when it counts? The same three players didn't do it last year. Other NBA big men are getting the best of them and SVG can see that very clearly.

Usually over the first month of an NBA season, there is a lot of excitement where players are going all out to impress and they are also fresh. If our players look bad playing teams like Denver and Minn, the coaching staff has to be worried. If our big men and our starting point guard can't hold their own on defense now, how will they look in the month of December when players on bad teams start thinking about Christmas more than basketball???????

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:39 pm

Sebastian wrote:Pistons Pals: B. Jennings does not have the mental fortitude to be successful, as a starting PG in the NBA.

What I saw last night was a guy, who was so mentally perturbed by the presences of Ricky Rubio that he forgot the reason why he was in Minneapolis. Remember the two or three times that Jennings pushed Rubio in the back, I distinctively remember when Jennings pushed Rubio, once when chasing a lose ball and I think a second time when Rubio when up for lay-up.

GM Stan is going to have to change the roster for Head Coach Stan if WE go 3-7 or worst, during the first 10 games of the season.

Sebastian this is a great post. You have identified what really happened last night on the floor between jennings and Rubio. Jennings post game comments reveal his frustration relating to his own lack of confidence in himself. Jennings doesn't like being a ball distributor. He only feels confident playing AAU high school style basketball where he handles the basketball 90% of the time and shoots a lot. When Jennings was such a highly rated point guard in AAU ball, nobody paid any attention to his defensive ability or interest in playing defense. As a comparison, Labron James was always a team orientated basketball player in high school and as he points out in his book, "Shooting Stars" Labron was extremely interested in playing defense the right way. Time is running out for Jennings. It will be interesting how all this plays out and if Jennings has the capability to change his game. I don't believe SVG is going to be patient for long.

It should be pointed out that over the past 6 years, Detroit has failed to play average team defense by NBA standards. SVG has inherited Joe Dumars players and it is not just Jennings who is failing. Our two starting big men have the concentration span of small children. Smith was supposed to lead the way on defense but he has not been a strong defensive guy who rebounds when it counts. Does he know where the guy he is supposed to be guarding is located on the floor for an entire 24 second period of time? Does he talk on defense and help Drummond who is lost 50% of the time. This team cannot win unless our big men show they can limit opponent's shots and block some shots. A perfect example last night was when Drummond failed to attempt to block a shot put up right in front of him by a guard at perhaps the most critical point in the game.

The focus should not be on Detroit's selection of small forwards. This team is losing because of the lack of ability of our big men and our starting point guard. And of course we cannot forget the same old problem of free throw shooting. I don't like this team and I am sure SVG would never select this group of vets if he had his choice. I have faith that eventually SVG is going to get some smarter players who love playing the game the right way. If only SVG could have arrived before the Brandon Knight trade. Thanks again Mr. Gores and Mr. Dumars. And thanks for making the Ben Gordon trade way back when so we failed to add a number one draft pick. This is Tom Gores team not SVG's team. Tom needs to take all the blame for the first two losses and moving forward this season if the team tanks again.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Message From Josh Smith Fan Club

Post  WTF Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:23 pm

Murph wrote:

He needs Jennings because he isn't going to play Dinwiddie very much, so he's not likely a solution this year unless we're losing big time!

As I said earlier, I'm concerned that we're seeing such a radical shift from the play in preseason to now, what happened?

I know SVG got off to a bad start with the whole Denver debacle, but if he blows how he handles Jennings, he could lose some respect from the players and that will ripple through the team!

IMO he's not being fair to Jennings because the way Jennings is playing is consistent with the way we want him to play, but the team isn't playing the right way yet.

In short, it isn't Jennings fault, and just because Augustin handles it better, doesn't mean that you lay the lions share of the blame on one player.

SVG says he doesn't blame Jennings, but his actions are inconsistent with his words, and that's a huge problem!

Look for SVG to clean this mess up, I'm sure he sees the problem, and he needs to deal with it!

My guess is that SVG hated what he saw in the first game.  Jennings focused on feeding Smith the ball, to the detriment of moving the ball, sharing the ball, and the other players.

I'm guessing the SVG wants to send a message to Jennings, loud and clear, that it's his way or the highway and he's not going to put up with Jennings and Smith running the showIf Jennings won't cooperate, he won't play.  

Okay lets not start on Josh and he's unfairly included in the highlighted comment.  Just like last season Josh is a victim of poor PG play, he's not making Jennings pass him the rock and because it's coming late in the clock Josh is force into many of those attempts.  Jennings doing the exact same thing from last season but it could be that he needs to get use to other players beyond Josh and Andre.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty I hate saying "I told you so," but...

Post  deusXango Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:51 am

Brandon Jennings was the f@cked up signing that Joe made last year which sabotaged the season and threatens to do the same this year. Many were impressed with his "swagger" and cool, rec center style of play, completely overlooking the fact he was another brain dead, ball hogging PG (which we had more than our share of at the time). He lacks the leadership abilities necessary for a legitimate contender and SVG can't give them to him! Van Gundy isn't a magician, but he's wise enough to know Jennings is more set in his ways than Smith is. We all hope Jennings will have a turn around season, but it appears that if left on the floor long enough he'll revert back to his old "hey, look at me" style of play, totally abandoning team concepts. Yeah, Augustin should be starting right f@cking now!

"The wise man can always play the fool, but the fool can never play the wise man." Those numbers BK7 posted the other night were real (22 points and 13 assists) and all while playing stifling defence....what could have SVG molded this kid into? Khris Middleton chipped in with 17 points....could we have used that production and even though the Bucks lost, could we have won if we still had those guys on opening night? You may say that's water over the dam and I'd agree, but I'm saying we need this brain trust to upgrade the starting PG and SF positions, do you agree with me? Just like I saw Jennings sucking, I see Singler sucking; the major difference is, we didn't mortgage the future to acquire Singler (plus he plays a much more team oriented game than Jennings does!). Datome and Mitchell should be gone (it's apparent they won't see any PT) and replaced with a young, promising, starting SF and Singler and Butler should be backups....that's what I call upgrading, following the path we're on now is called favoritism.

The question is not what SVG is going to do about Jennings vs. Augustin, but what to do, when the Moose returns Saturday, with his Big 3....they're more important to the success of this team than Jennings is. Not only do we need Monroe now, but we need him going forward as well as Smith; Drummond still has a lot to learn and it's going to take those two talented and skilled veterans to help him along the way. This ain't about in-fighting between Monroe and Smith, but the development of Drummond....he's our future alpha dog, not Monroe or Smith.

For what it's worth, I hope Van Gundy gets his sh!t together sooner, rather than later or he's going to lose this team before he realizes what the f@ck is going on....I got faith he will.

deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty NBA plays games in Mexico City and London

Post  Sebastian Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:23 am

Pistons Pals: In a slight departure from the immediate concerns that WE have, I personally am sick and tired of American professional sports leagues playing games on foreign soil.

Like last year, when WE were forced to play the Knicks in London, England. Why in the hell would the Pistons and Knicks go all the way to play in London, than anything other than for the BRI.

This year, the Timberwolves are playing the Mavericks (Nov. 12) and the Knicks return to London to play the Bucks (Jan. 17). I hate this!

I also don't like how the League has relocated the Logo to the back of the jersey, so that when ads are placed on the jersey there wont be conflict with the Logo and ad that will appear on the jersey. Don't like it!

I actually see a potential grand conflict of interests with the ad space inevitability. As if he is not already making money off of the Pistons, but what if when the ads are adopted the Pistons have a Quicken Loans ad on their Jerseys. Dan Gilbert would be making even more money off of OUR Pistons. Damn!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty B. Jennings acted like a nine-year old, last night ...

Post  Sebastian Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:50 am

Pistons Pals: B. Jennings does not have the mental fortitude to be successful, as a starting PG in the NBA.

What I saw last night was a guy, who was so mentally perturbed by the presences of Ricky Rubio that he forgot the reason why he was in Minneapolis. Remember the two or three times that Jennings pushed Rubio in the back, I distinctively remember when Jennings pushed Rubio, once when chasing a lose ball and I think a second time when Rubio when up for lay-up.

GM Stan is going to have to change the roster for Head Coach Stan if WE go 3-7 or worst, during the first 10 games of the season.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Bad Mojo

Post  Murph Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:06 am

My guess is that SVG hated what he saw in the first game. Jennings focused on feeding Smith the ball, to the detriment of moving the ball, sharing the ball, and the other players.

I'm guessing the SVG wants to send a message to Jennings, loud and clear, that it's his way or the highway, and he's not going to put up with Jennings and Smith running the show.

If Jennings won't cooperate, he won't play.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Nikola Pekovic & his family thank Drummond for his highlight game!

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:22 am

We may not win 20 games this year, but I beat the crap out of Drummond, my family thanks you! - Fake Pekovic comment

My grand parents
FORUM - Page 22 CAVEMEN_468x319

My Mom
FORUM - Page 22 Neanderthal-chick1

Good old dad
FORUM - Page 22 Neanderthal-man
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty SVG & Jennings

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:09 am

SVG needs to clean this up ASAP!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty B.Jennings is going into b.i.t.c.h. mode

Post  Phil-Good Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:05 am

"Jennings after the game when told that SVG says Augustin playing better now:" "Then he should start right now and I'll be the back-up."

lol lol lol

Go out and play ball and get your panties out of your azz!! How about you start with that Jennings!!

Stop crying like A b.i.t.c.h. DJ is playing way better then your. And that mental melt down, shows how easy you quit, when s.h.i.t get ruff.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty First two game so far

Post  Phil-Good Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:13 am

" Greg Monroe appears to be a better "Fit" than Josh Smith!"

Greg Monroe is A Smarter player then Smith. That's really all it is. Smith has more talent.

We see the exact same thing with Jennings and D.J. Jennings has more talent but D.J. is smarter. Talent mix with smarts equals A better NBA pro.

Tonight we all witness the mental collapse of Jennings. He totally lost his cool and D.J. has him looking like A rookie out there.

Drummonds plays with A anger that I did not know he had but he not ready yet. He needs to become A smarter player on defense. Two games, 12 fouls to give and Drummonds uses 11 of them. No smart!!!

Small forward position, you guys were right. We in trouble.

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Says it all...

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:04 am

http://www.nba.com/pistons/features/pistons-rally-19-down-tie-cant-close-it-out-minnesota wrote:“We dug that hole – we just had a talk about it in there,” he said, nodding to the locker room. “We just absolutely melted down, hung our heads and basically the group on the floor was willing to let the game go. We got five guys in there who weren’t willing to let the game go and we got back in it, but that was very, very disappointing. That’s the first real adversity we hit this year and we failed the test – very badly.”

Butler and Augustin led the charge with help from Jonas Jerebko, Joel Anthony and Caldwell-Pope. With Butler scoring eight points in the final six minutes of the third quarter, the 19-point deficit was whittled to 10 entering the fourth.

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Stuff

Post  Oracle Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:39 am

Don, DX & Sparma, there doesn't appear to be a PG battle, Augustin is running away with it! That kid is just a plain old baller!!!

When he's in the game, everything just works better, and even though Jennings played better, Augustin is beating the crap out of him!

Don, I saw what JJ was doing and you're right, he does a lot of the dirty work that doesn't show in the scoreboard, and I guarantee that SVG is seeing that! JJ is just so active and involved, and he is annoying to the opposing team as he boxes out so physically!

What impressed me the most about Butler is that almost all of his points came from within the framework of the offense. IMO, that's a positive sign because it shows the others how to play!

We've lost to two teams that we are more talented than although Denver is close in talent. We'll make it up and then some as we get better, but one thing bothers me!

I'm seeing too radical a shift from preseason play to regular season play.

BTW, Singler didn't shoot well, but he had the top rookie flummoxed defensively during the first half! Singler plays team defense very well, but sadly his shot has really been off all year except for one preseason game. That has to change soon!

It's hard to evaluate everyone until we get Monroe & Martin back. Meeks would be nice too, but IMO, we don't really need him like the other two!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:12 am

Oracle wrote:I know it's early, but Greg Monroe appears to be a better "Fit" than Josh Smith!

Josh has a lot of good points, but for whatever reason, we can't seem to use them!

Greg supplies a lot more stability on offense, is a better FT shooter than Josh.

Look, I'm not saying we need to make a decision now, and we really don't have all of our horses yet, but that's what I'm seeing so far.

Another problem area is Butler! Airballs missing everything and on more than one occasion... this is a nightmare experiment!

We should be blowing this team out on their home court!

This is getting ugly as I type - 68-51

You might be right Oracle. We must remember that Monroe is a horrible defender right along with the other big men on this team. But you are correct that Monroe does have a style that might be a better fit for this team. He doesn't just jack up stupid shots. He does pass the basketball. t said to myself "OH NO" when Van Gundy brought Smith and Drummond back in the game after the great comeback. Butler was fantastic but the group of players on the floor during that comeback played together. If you looked at the stats you wouldn't think Jerebco did much but he was the guy who boxed out and put a hand in the opponents face while always being in position to help his teammates. Did anyone notice that? I hope the coach did because Jerebco could be a big factor with this team. Notice how the defense crumbled when Smith and Drummond were on the floor together in crunch time. at one time Augustin steered his man right into Drummond who was standing under the basket. What did he do? Nothing but a half hearted attempt to get his arm up after the ball was in the air. Drummond should have been ready to send that shot into the stands and the guard who drove right into Drummond had no fear. Smith left his man several times wide open when playing defense. I would trust Jerebco on the floor to shoot the long ball anytime. Smith didn't need to shoot that shot. He could have passed the damn basketball or attempted to penetrate towards the basket. It doesn't matter if Smith plays small forward or power forward. He is determined to show his ability to hit 3 point shots.

Jennings played better tonight on both ends. Augustin is just so intense. I love the guy.

KCP had another horrible shooting outing. But he is on the floor because of his defense. KCP will turn it around before long.

In the end Detroit lost the basketball game again at the foul line. SVG will have to wise up regarding Drummond playing in crunch time. He tried a low percentage shot shortly after coming back into the game and things went downhill from there for Andre. I felt sorry for him missing all those foul shots. But his shot at the line does look much better. He should start knocking them down before long. The switch should come on before the end of the season for Drummond and he can be the force everyone promises he will become.

Player of the game was of course Butler. Way to go! If Butler keeps playing that well, then he is going to start demanding more from his teammates especially Josh Smith. Stupid doesn't work well on a SVG team. He won't tolerate this stuff for long. Could it be that Monroe will stay and Smith will go?? Too soon to tell right now. There is a lot of basketball to be played before SVG starts forming his own team.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next