Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+11
lemonpen
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
merc
Sebastian
deusXango
Go Stones!
CMUGroupProject
FlyDog
Sissy1946
Murph
15 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty P-Boy

Post  WTF Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:29 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:
MOOSEFAN wrote:
Murph wrote:I see Drew Sharp is in full Joe Dumars apologist mode this morning.   According to Drew, it's all Tom Gores' fault?  Huh?   Joe 

http://www.freep.com/article/20140129/COL08/301290044/1051/rss16

Murph that's the only thing I didn't agree with his article shifting the blame from Joe to Gores seems silly and farfetched to me

Well it is if you ask me. "You better make the playoff or else!" Don't get me wrong, Joe has to take some shots for this but all this playoff pressure is unnecessary in my opinion.

Joe makes 5 Million a year Gores shouldn't have to tell him playoff or else that's what he was being paid to do the past 6 season.   Gores tells him to do his job and now it's Gores fault?  Right  facepalm
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Re: It's All Gores fault

Post  Phil-Good Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:57 pm

MOOSEFAN wrote:
Murph wrote:I see Drew Sharp is in full Joe Dumars apologist mode this morning.   According to Drew, it's all Tom Gores' fault?  Huh?   Joe 

Murph that's the only thing I didn't agree with his article shifting the blame from Joe to Gores seems silly and farfetched to me

Well it is if you ask me. "You better make the playoff or else!" Don't get me wrong, Joe has to take some shots for this but all this playoff pressure is unnecessary in my opinion.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Am I crazy?

Post  Sebastian Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:46 pm

I wonder if OKC would be interested in the following:

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6416145

OKC gets:

Moose - a young low-post option that OKC, currently doesn't have. A true Center may be the piece that could get them over the hump. Also, OKC would own his rights in free agency.

Brandon Jennings - another ball handler, open court PG that Scott Brooks will sit, if he gets out of control. Jennings contract is a very managable $6-$7 million over the next two seasons.

Singler - a smart player. Heck, the glue guy. But, who needs glue when you have Kevin Durant. Also, Single is on a very low budget contract.

Pistons get:

Russell West a "real" PG, okay a real, scoring PG. Now, Dre Drummond becomes a offensive force, too.

Perry Jones III - a young guy at 6'11" would be great at the starting SF.

Westbrook makes it easier for everybody else, even Mo' Cheeks.

I just wonder if OKC would be interested or am I just crazy.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty ESPN Comments

Post  WTF Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:17 pm

Of course, this could change as the trade deadline nears, if Joe Dumars gets an offer he likes. And the smart negotiating tactic is to say no until and offer you love comes through the door.

Dumars was all but ordered by owner Tom Gores to make the playoffs this season, and Josh Smith was supposed to be the key to that (along with point guard Brandon Jennings). But as noted, the big frontcourt trio doesn’t work together (plus Jennings has been… well, Jennings). Detroit is in a scramble with Charlotte, New York and Cleveland for one of the final playoff spots in the East.

The Pistons have a cluttered front court right now, a move of Monroe makes some sense, but they likely don’t get equal value back in a deal (teams feel they can poach him for nothing this summer with a big offer) and less talent may mean less of a shot at the playoffs.

Any way you look at it, you have to wonder how long Dumars hangs on in Detroit.

This is exactly why you trade him now and not wait until summer. Teams can opt not to deal with a sign and trade scenario knowing Detroit likely won't match an offer.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Absolutely

Post  WTF Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:45 pm

Go Stones! wrote:I read an article (wish I could give it proper credit, but don't have it readily available) that shared the fact that if they make bold moves it would either make them better and vault them into the playoffs or allow them to get within the worst 8 picks and get their First Round pick this year.  

I agree with this and see that anyone who is honest can agree with the fact that what we have going is just...not...working.  My gut feeling is that the first few games we were an unknown variable to teams due to all the changes.  Then we plateaued when the team gelled.  Then, teams found a scouting report on us and we started losing like crazy.  If we are THAT predictable, we may as well just lose!  

I'm all in on any type of trade that Joe D sees value.  Drummond is protected.  I wouldn't trade him for ANYONE!  Even Durant and others would come at a huge price tag and not really worth it in the long run.

Joe D will not allow us to tank on purpose as history shows us.  He would either make trades (ie, trade for Okufer who is injured so the team is worse now, but better in the coming years), allow them to continue in their downward spiral, or come out with bold trades that will become successful b/c that is what we were used to earlier on.  

I just think doing nothing is a sure way for us to lose now and later...

Which is why I feel so strongly about trading Moose now oppose to opting for some sign and trade scenario that can go totally wrong. I know some feel that matching value money wise will net us the same talent value if we do it this way but it's not written in stone. The best way for the organization to get that talent value is to move Monroe by the trade deadline. I understand that thinking if we sign Moose to 12-13 million a year deal that we are going to get back the same talent because of the higher price tag.

Again I say look at the Hill for Atkins and Big Ben deal and then count your blessing that Big Ben went on to become as good as he did because he was never the center piece of that trade. I assure many of you Orlando wish they could take that one back because he was a throw in.

Joe needs to listen to what being offered and if he can land another pick and promising young player in the process of trading Moose he should do it. He has already solidified some pieces in Smith and Drummond perhaps with KCP and Singler that he can build on.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty No trade is the worst thing that you can do...

Post  Go Stones! Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:23 pm

I read an article (wish I could give it proper credit, but don't have it readily available) that shared the fact that if they make bold moves it would either make them better and vault them into the playoffs or allow them to get within the worst 8 picks and get their First Round pick this year.

I agree with this and see that anyone who is honest can agree with the fact that what we have going is just...not...working. My gut feeling is that the first few games we were an unknown variable to teams due to all the changes. Then we plateaued when the team gelled. Then, teams found a scouting report on us and we started losing like crazy. If we are THAT predictable, we may as well just lose!

I'm all in on any type of trade that Joe D sees value. Drummond is protected. I wouldn't trade him for ANYONE! Even Durant and others would come at a huge price tag and not really worth it in the long run.

Joe D will not allow us to tank on purpose as history shows us. He would either make trades (ie, trade for Okufer who is injured so the team is worse now, but better in the coming years), allow them to continue in their downward spiral, or come out with bold trades that will become successful b/c that is what we were used to earlier on.

I just think doing nothing is a sure way for us to lose now and later...
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Moose Hunting

Post  WTF Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:57 am

It was easy to see early on at the near beginning of the season that there would be problems. This team had success early in the first week of the season after that it's been all downhill. Moose came out the gates with three great games and then quickly felled back to business as usual in being a big lazy ass inconsistent baby arguing calls, pouting and putting together strings of **** poor effort.

Wrongly the focus was put on Jennings and Smith as the struggling mounted for this team when all along it been the pairing of Drummond and Monroe. Josh was a fail-safe (starting him) in which Cheeks has hesitated using all season long because he refuses to send either Moose or Drummond to the bench. Josh was a fail-safe for Joe to pull the trigger early on Moose and he choked on it.

I said last season that the pairing was bad even though I felt Drummond needed more PT, but I was also screaming to trade Moose last season in hopes of getting Smith last season or during the summer. Once Joe accomplished that I was screaming all summer to trade Moose.

The whole concept of all three working was based on solely on Monroe approach but he chose to pout, be lazy and put up a **** poor effort. It's his selfishness that hurt them and keep the three of them from working out he is the flow killer for all that doesn't work offensively with this team and his pouting and laziness has effected the team defensively as well.

Monroe doesn't want to be here otherwise he would have inked an extension, the organization doesn't want to ink him to a max deal otherwise they would have offered it. But none of those who support keeping him never seem to ask the question as to why?

Even now watching and seeing that the pairing doesn't work many still advocate for benching or trading Smith who isn't the issue. You all act as if Josh somehow ruin a love relationship between Andre and Moose that never would have existed in the first place.

I think that with all that has went wrong with this team, passing on Burke, signing Chauncey and Bynum that Moose has been the biggest issue and problem as well as cause for this team failings.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Neither did I ...

Post  Sebastian Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:05 am

Murph wrote:
Fennis Dembo wrote:Did anybody else see this train wreck of a season coming?   I sure didn't.  

1. Josh Smith setting a record for worst three point shooting in NBA history
2. Same record as last year at this point 17-27
3. Brandon Jennings shooting 37.8%
4. Charlie V still on the team even after playing only in 13 games
5. The team shooting 66% on free throws, last in the league
6. The team last in three point shooting 30.7%
7. The team 26th in defense allowing 103.2 per game
8. The team blowing many fourth quarter leads

The guy who put this team together must have been high on cocaine.  But I digress.

Fennis...you make a good point, in your usual amusing way.  I didn't see any of this coming....particularly being 26th in the league in defense.

I thought we'd cruise into the playoffs with about a .500 record.

Agreed. My crystal ball did not reveal any of what WE have witness to this point, either. I was arrested by my own levels of naivety and pre-season exuberance. I even thought that Mo' Cheeks would be markedly better than Curry, Kuester, and Frank. violin
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Monroe not for sale

Post  merc Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:50 am

So ESPN says Joe is telling teams Monroe is not available... he must think the big three can still work... does this mean he's not open to any offers?... that would be foolish.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty It's All Tom Gores' Fault???

Post  WTF Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:17 am

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty It's All Tom Gores' Fault???

Post  Murph Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:13 am

I see Drew Sharp is in full Joe Dumars apologist mode this morning.   According to Drew, it's all Tom Gores' fault? Huh?   Joe 

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Drew Sharp: Detroit Pistons' ill-matched roster has owner Tom Gores' imprint

Post  WTF Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:39 am

The Pistons have underachieved this season. They play disinterested. They lack an identity. They lack players with clearly defined roles. But the roster isn’t disjointed because newcomers Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings shoot too much. It’s disjointed because they have to shoot the ball more than necessary.

What are their options?

They have a center in second-year project Andre Drummond who remains offensively clueless around the basket. Didn’t he supposedly spend every waking moment last summer working on his low-post footwork?

They have a sulking power forward in Greg Monroe who lacks the mid-range offensive game essential for a four in today’s more athletic NBA. Either he’s incapable or unwilling to broaden that shooting repertoire. Either way, it’s been obvious for the past year that you can’t play him and Drummond together.

Monroe must go, making room for Smith as the full-time power forward — the position that best accentuates his vast skill set.

Sharp got it right finally a local media person willing to speak a little truth.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty High On Cocaine?

Post  Murph Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:20 am

Fennis Dembo wrote:Did anybody else see this train wreck of a season coming?   I sure didn't.  

The guy who put this team together must have been high on cocaine. But I digress.

Fennis...you make a good point, in your usual amusing way. I didn't see any of this coming....particularly being 26th in the league in defense.

I thought we'd cruise into the playoffs with about a .500 record.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Somewhere, Lawrence Frank is Smiling

Post  Sparma Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:31 pm

Same record after 44 games as last year. Amazing. Didn't see that coming, although it was easy enough to foresee that there would serious problems. Thought those would be offset by the good things which were also easy to see.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Casey Jones, you better watch your speed

Post  Fennis Dembo Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:28 pm

Did anybody else see this train wreck of a season coming? I sure didn't.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Stuckey Escape Plan

Post  WTF Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:59 pm

If Stuckey is looking to abandon ship and pad his stats in the process I can't say I blame considering how much he had to endure with Larry, Moe and Curly as coaches. He currently sit with the longest tenure and has seen this sh!t falling apart every since 2009.

He came in here young ready, very much capable and saying all the right things. He had Flip's confidence and the tutoring of Chauncey and we all saw great things. Then Joe lost his fu2king mind fired the coach and traded the one player he shouldn't have then hired the first clown coach to start the free fall to nowhere.

IMO Stuckey always was old a pass because mentally Joe damaged the boy. First by trading away his mentor, next by subjecting him to the Rip and AI crap all while being coached by a retard. Sadly this was the best season he had with us and the last up until now.

The crap for Stuckey only got worse under Kuester nothing much changed except then instead of Rip and AI it became Rip and Gordon then Rip and Kuester then Kuester and Prince. "The Mutiny". Stuckey never had a chance IMO the boy might have committed suicide if not for Big Ben but even Big Ben had his issues with Kuester.

By the time Lil Larry arrived the kid didn't give a **** and who could really blame him the team was damage and all seemed hopeless even with the drafting of Monroe and Knight it all seem hopeless. Hell it's hopeless now because he's playing with a bunch of retards now. If he's padding and looking to get the hell out can't blame him, team heading for another lottery and the axe about to fall on the once Mighty Joe seems like a good escape plan.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:19 pm

MOOSEFAN wrote:both have been pretty much saying the same thing over and over about the players with perhaps a little different perspective on a few players.   No matter how much you and I say that this team is mentally challenge at playing there are those that will continue to rile on Cheeks and the coaching staff as if it's their fault.  He might as well be coaching monkeys (no racial intent) every freaking game.  

Where I different with you is that Stuckey is a very capable defender but we have to remember he came in with a bunch of intelligent players and above decent defenders in Rip, Hunter, Prince, Sheed and Dice and now he plays with a bunch of numb-skulls that he has to sag off his man to help 2 dumb asses defend the post.  

Where I different with you on Josh but also agree with you is that Josh is an athlete and I wouldn't want to trade him if at all possible but knowing how he plays you would think he needs all the intelligence in the world surrounding him but he's in the lineup with 3 dumb asses in Monroe, Jennings and Andre.

I agree that Singler has the highest BB IQ on the team but is physically challenged but no matter how smartly he plays and does all the right things it also doesn't help that he's on the floor more times than not with at least 2 of the dumb asses. He the only one with the concept of movement on the floor but it's all for not when you have bigs that can't set screens or move themselves.

I don't think KCP is all that fundamentally sound as many seem to think.  He's getting plus 30 in PT and the team is still getting smoked at the SG position night in night out.  The handful of plays he does come up with defensively are often over stated and doesn't off-set he lack of offensive production.  As I said before KCP was a scorer in college and simply was handed the rock to do his thing but was a mediocre defender at best in college that gambled on defense.   If we're not going to allow him to play as he did in college than we should have never drafted him.  I think a lot of the pumping KCP gets is because everyone knows Joe fu2ked up not drafting Burke.  

This is not an issue of coaching and if Cheeks dummy down sh!t even more he might be using remedial flash cards with cartoon characters to convey his message.  

I do enjoy your posts Moosefan and agree with a lot of what you have to say. Regarding Stuckey, all I can say is I am disappointed that he has not become a good two way player and he sure is capable of being one. He makes 8.5 million dollars a year but don't forget that he decided not to give much at all for the past three seasons. The last two coaches said they are playing the guys that they feel are trustworthy. Frank did not trust Stuckey. And with all of Stuckey's ability and the talent level of the team for the past three years, it wouldn't have taken much on Stuckey's part to have been a key starter. BUT HE DIDN"T DO IT. Remember when Frank had his job on the line last season he decided to bench Stuckey. You have to really be a lazy screw up to get that far down in the basement. Has he even really shown that he has bought into the pistons program? I think not. He wanted to be traded last season preferably to the West coast. Stuckey has been a really high paid player for a long time and has been part of losing teams never ever making any other Piston player better. As for helping on defense, Stuckey is the guy who needs someone to put a shock collar on him so he will concentrate on defense. He was horrible at times in the last game. Stuckey wants to get those stats up regarding his scoring average so he can play somewhere else next year. I am sorry but there is no way I will ever trust Rodney Stuckey in a Piston uniform. He might become a really good player on a team he really wants to play for.

But I really like that you have identified what is really wrong with this Piston team. And KCP was never a really good defender in college. He was a scorer on a bad team so you have identified KCP properly. But KCP is heads and shoulders above many of the other Piston players relating to the mental game. He does know more about situations and does work hard even though he gets beat a lot. For sure Burke was the player that should have been drafted though. KCP is getting a lot of minutes because our other guards are really horrible players.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Kyle for Smith

Post  lemonpen Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:04 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:It's A easy decision. Start Singler over Josh Smith. Nobody will be mad after A winning streak.

You rotate your bigs. The pistons don't play them together any longer anyways!!! Josh Smith still gets his 30-something minutes per game. It's A easy decision in my eyes.

In between time, Joe searches for A small forward or starting 2 guard. Then I would move KCP or the new 2-guard over to small forward. That should help to cure the problem on defense that the Pistons have.

IF the Pistons could stop team from scoring 100 Points every-game, I thing they could get in the 6,7, or 8th playoff spot.

The real question is do the players believe it?? It's going to take A lot of will power to pull these guys together.

Phil, you peaked my interest with your suggestion to start Kyle over Josh. Given how thoroughly Caron Butler worked Kyle over a few days back, I’m not convinced the idea would work in the long run. But , since I prefer allowing data to speak for itself let’s look at the numbers.

Singler is typically the first man off of the bench so I combed through each gameflow looking at the performance of the starting unit with Kyle inserted for Drummond, Monroe and Smith.

Singler replacing Drummond:
Occurred: 23 times.
Plus / Minus: +1.0
Average - : -2.6
Average + : +3.6

Singler replacing Monroe:
Occurred: 11 times.
Plus / Minus: -2.0
Average - : -3.5
Average + : +2.0

Singler replacing Smith:
Occurred: 7 times.
Plus / Minus: +1.3
Average - : -1.0
Average + : +4.0

You might be on to something.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Replacement level

Post  Sparma Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:07 pm

Thanks for your responses. Yes, Murph, the replacement level GM would in all likelihood have chosen Burke. And we would have been far better off. (I preferred MCW in part to avoid a smallish backcourt, on the assumption that Joe was going to dote on Knight for years the way he did with Stuckey. Also, I agree the Calderon signing would have been the less obvious thing to do; Jose's quotation sheds light on how imminent that possibility evidently was).

In addition, I think any old Joe (except for Dumars) would have been extremely reluctant to give up a 1st round choice in order to jump in on spending a year early (especially when Gordon could have been amnestied). That's the other major case, in my view, where we would have been better off with a replacement level GM.

On the topic of the 1st rounder, Goodwill (detnews) makes what I see as an arch homer, protect the franchise, protect Joe, comment (in what otherwise is a good column): "There’s been plenty of howling about the potential of losing the draft pick after the season. But this team is already full of young players, having the youngest starting lineup in the league and fourth-youngest overall, which includes 37-year-old Chauncey Billups. They need contributors for the present, not necessarily assets they’ll have to wait on."

Yes, they need present contributors, but does that mean a pick at, say, #10 wouldn't be worth treasuring? And does Vincent know that that guy wouldn't contribute right off?

Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Mo' Cheeks is Mr. McGoo ...

Post  Sebastian Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:46 pm

MOOSEFAN wrote:both have been pretty much saying the same thing over and over about the players with perhaps a little different perspective on a few players.   No matter how much you and I say that this team is mentally challenge at playing there are those that will continue to rile on Cheeks and the coaching staff as if it's their fault.  He might as well be coaching monkeys (no racial intent) every freaking game.  

Where I different with you is that Stuckey is a very capable defender but we have to remember he came in with a bunch of intelligent players and above decent defenders in Rip, Hunter, Prince, Sheed and Dice and now he plays with a bunch of numb-skulls that he has to sag off his man to help 2 dumb asses defend the post.  

Where I different with you on Josh but also agree with you is that Josh is an athlete and I wouldn't want to trade him if at all possible but knowing how he plays you would think he needs all the intelligence in the world surrounding him but he's in the lineup with 3 dumb asses in Monroe, Jennings and Andre.

I agree that Singler has the highest BB IQ on the team but is physically challenged but no matter how smartly he plays and does all the right things it also doesn't help that he's on the floor more times than not with at least 2 of the dumb asses. He the only one with the concept of movement on the floor but it's all for not when you have bigs that can't set screens or move themselves.

I don't think KCP is all that fundamentally sound as many seem to think.  He's getting plus 30 in PT and the team is still getting smoked at the SG position night in night out.  The handful of plays he does come up with defensively are often over stated and doesn't off-set he lack of offensive production.  As I said before KCP was a scorer in college and simply was handed the rock to do his thing but was a mediocre defender at best in college that gambled on defense.   If we're not going to allow him to play as he did in college than we should have never drafted him.  I think a lot of the pumping KCP gets is because everyone knows Joe fu2ked up not drafting Burke.  

This is not an issue of coaching and if Cheeks dummy down sh!t even more he might be using remedial flash cards with cartoon characters to convey his message.  

Moosefan, my man, I am afraid that Mo' is becoming more of a cartoon character with each loss. And, this Piston fan really, really wanted it to workout for Mo' in the Motor City, but my patience is wearing thin.

FORUM - Page 23 Momcgo14
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Sheed's Voice

Post  WTF Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:26 pm

I will like to hear Sheed take on the progress, learning and capabilities of our bigs and what he thinks the problem are beyond hearing the being young excuse that should really only apply to Andre.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Nope Don't Fire The Coach

Post  WTF Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:23 pm

No you don't fire Cheeks! You get him a team he can coach. The crazy things is all the talk we do to trade and get the players we need then in the same breathe think Cheeks should be working some special magic with the clowns we want traded off the team.

It can be both (bad players, and bad coach) but it's not. It's bad players and that's a Dumars problem not a Cheeks problem. I could see if we had all the right pieces and he was failing then yes please fire his ass. Last season everyone was screaming team not motivated so they hire a motivator now the team not coach and I'm calling bullsh!t on both and saying what I've been saying all season that the players on this team are dumb and lazy.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty Don You and I

Post  WTF Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:13 pm

both have been pretty much saying the same thing over and over about the players with perhaps a little different perspective on a few players. No matter how much you and I say that this team is mentally challenge at playing there are those that will continue to rile on Cheeks and the coaching staff as if it's their fault. He might as well be coaching monkeys (no racial intent) every freaking game.

I don't think KCP is all that fundamentally sound as many seem to think. He's getting plus 30 in PT and the team is still getting smoked at the SG position night in night out. The handful of plays he does come up with defensively are often over stated and doesn't off-set he lack of offensive production. As I said before KCP was a scorer in college and simply was handed the rock to do his thing but was a mediocre defender at best in college that gambled on defense. If we're not going to allow him to play as he did in college than we should have never drafted him. I think a lot of the pumping KCP gets is because everyone knows Joe fu2ked up not drafting Burke.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 23 Empty The sound of crickets chirping coming from Joe's office

Post  Sebastian Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:56 pm

You have to wonder why in the hell is Joe not trying to correct this flawed line-up. There are so many trade possibilities that could be done or at minimum proposed; hell a the very, very minimum rumored.

I mean not a damn chirp is coming from Joe's office. Meanwhile, the '12-'13 season is just fading away, right before OUR very eyes.

Get off your ass Joe. Fire Cheeks, trade either: Moose, Josh, Jennings, or I dare say my boy, Stuckey.

Why in the hell did, Gores not amnesty Charlie V. if they are not going to put the dude on the floor? Note: I understand why Charlie V. doesn't get any run, but I am perplexed to why he is still on the roster. If he had been amnestied that $8 million could had gone to a worthy, productive player.

This season, so far and I don't see it changing, has been one big ass disappointment!

Damn, you Joe and Mo'!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:15 pm

MOOSEFAN wrote:
Murph wrote:
Sparma wrote:Jose Calderon (detnews): “Well I felt I was coming back in the beginning,” Calderon said. ‘We were in contact with Joe (Dumars). We were waiting, waiting until Dallas came with an offer and I had to take it.”

In an alternative reality, that's not far-fetched, we would have drafted MCW, then signed Calderon (even after signing Smith).   You'd start Calderon alongside Stuckey, then bring MCW and Knight off the bench.

You'd be seeing some organization via Calderon and MCW and nice backcourt balance.  You'd also have Middleton coming off of the bench as an able shooter.

That would have been a much better team.

Yes...in hindsight, we should have re-signed Calderon, drafted Burke or MCW, and kept Knight and Middleton.

Sparma...you once wrote a post comparing Joe to a "replacement GM", where a replacement GM would be the kind of GM who would make the obvious moves, and not make any risky trades,  risky FA signing, or risky draft choices.

In this example, a replacement GM surely would have drafted Burke (the obvious choice for many reasons), and would not have traded Knight and Middleton for Jennings (as Jennings represented a big risk due to his reputation as a ball hog).  I'm not sure if the obvious move would have been to resign Calderon.

But my point is, the Pistons would have been much better off with a replacement GM.  The Pistons would have been much better off if their GM had just made the obvious moves last summer, and not tried to be smarter than everyone else.

Yep I agree.  No way would be sitting with the record we have currently with a back-court of Calderon, Burke, Stuckey and Knight but Joe dumb ass opted for Jennings, Bynum, Billups and KCP.  Yeah close your eyes and imagine Calderon and Burke closing out games with Smith, Monore Middleton on the floor.   facepalm

This also say Gores a dumb ass as well because he signed off drafting KCP and passing on Burke.  As a owner Joe would have been fired for that move unless the owner ok'd that dumb sh!t.

Joe Dumars should have been fired after he drafted Darko. Don't forget that blunder and basic lack of work ethic displayed by our President. Most GMs would have been fired and the owners would not have forgotten what he did even though our Pistons were riding high at the time. We just had an elderly owner who most likely was not functioning at a high level in those days. The inexcusable mistakes in the draft and the give away of solid players in favor of players like Daye and Stuckey still has not cost Joe his job. That is incredible. Do all the decision makers in the Piston organization have their heads in the sand? Can the owners actually watch this team play basketball?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next