Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
merc
Sissy1946
FlyDog
Phil-Good
WTF
Sebastian
cool breeze
lemonpen
Go Stones!
deusXango
14 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  lemonpen Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:01 am

Sebastian wrote:
Oracle wrote:
Sebastian wrote:There is this huge presumption held by Pistons fans that my boy, Stuckey, will not be a significant member of the 2013-2014 Detroit Pistons. I beg to differ with all, who hold that belief.

My boy, Stuckey, will indeed be a significant member (and contributor) to OUR Pistons return to NBA relevance. Much to the chagrin of many Pistons fans. Stuckey should at minimum be the first guard off the bench, if not the starting PG.

The transcript, below, is from HoopsHype - http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm.

FORUM - Page 37 Stucke11

Seb, I kind of agree with you! Here's the reason why, and it came from Stuckey!

"In a twist of irony should he be traded any time soon, Stuckey has always spoken about the Pistons not having enough athletes and shooters, guys who can run the floor and make the game easier for everyone.

Now he notices they have no shortage of that, thanks to multiple transactions by Pistons President Joe Dumars.

We’re gonna have a lot of guys that can score, we’re gonna be really athletic this year,” Stuckey said. “(I have to) Just make sure I come to work this year every day.”
-
DetNews

IMO, we shouldn't judge any of our guys when we had a lineup so piss poor! Now that we're athletically competitive, there should be no excuses, and I hope Stuckey gets a shot!

Look, I want to win and go as far as we can, and we need to open up the competition at any position and see who rises! Outside of Drummond, Moose & Smith, the other two positions don't have a solid set starter IMO!

We have guys that we assume are the starters, but IMO, they need to earn it by being the best on the team! You can give a guy a position, but he has to earn it to keep it!

Let the games begin!!!!

Oracle, I am having problems understanding how over the past five seasons most Pistons fans who agree own some or all of the following (in no particular order) continue to not realize that in a lot of ways Stuckey's career has been short-circuited because of the very same things that they (Pistons fans) agree has occurred:

1- Three terrible head coaches (Curry, Kuester, and L. Frank);
2- That Maxey was receiving minutes that he shouldn't have;
3- That Charlie V. is an over-paid slug, who rarely contributes and was cut from his own co untry's team;
4- An overly crowded back court, consisting of former star (Iverson), a former All-Star, Pistons playoff leading scorer (Rip), a shooting guard in a PG-size body who was also the highest paid player on the team (Ben G.), a #7 1st round pick (B. Knight), and dribble, dribble shoot or lob PG (Will B.), about 25 games with the White Knight (Jose Calderon);
5- WNBA-type attendance at the Palace;
6- Tayshaun Prince!
7- The compress, strike shorten season that had a 6-day training camp. (True all teams had to deal with this reality, but the strike-shorten season was a detriment to teams that were like the Pistons were in 2011.

And yet, Stuckey has still averaged: 14.5 pts, 4.5 ast (2.1 t/o), 3.6 rbs., 82% ft.

I, President of the Rodney Stuckey Fan Club admit, #3 cannot have mysterious start to the '13-'14 season, like he started last season. He will indeed have to "come to work this year".

But, I have not doubt that if given the same 29 - 31 minutes that he has averaged over the last five years that his numbers/performance will improve.

Remember fans, he is now playing with basketball players. And, now that he (hopefully) will get the chance to play with a "true" NBA roster, I would expect his 3PT-shooting (29%) and his And-1 percentages to improve. Not to mention an increase in assists.

Trust me, Stuckey is far more an asset, than he is a liability to OUR Pistons.

As President of the Rodney Stuckey Club, I promise to not type another Rodney Stuckey rant, here, at PistonsTalk.

Seb, IMO only reason #4 directly effected Stuck. His PT was diminished temporarily.
Improving ones game isn't something done as the result of coaching direction but of internal motivation. Rodney has had 6 off seasons to develop a consistent outside shot. Considering his ability and desire to attack the rack you would think having a reliable J would make his driving ability a even greater weapon. But he hasn't done it. Rodney game has not grown much since day 1.

Maybe I'm reading the current situation incorrectly but IMO Stucks strengths don't mesh well with the starting front court. We will need floor spreaders in the form of catch and shoot, 1-2 dribble then pull up, stand still 3-pt range from the top as well as the corner.
As good passers with good hands I'm hoping the big three can flourish with artful inside passing and inside-out passing as the basis of our offense. We could potentially get 11 assists / gm from the big 3.

lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Just My Opinion

Post  WTF Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:51 am

Not really understand why Knight did not participate in the Summer League games. IMO he should have and I was quite bothered by him not and that he thinks he was somehow above playing in them. Unless he was somewhere having secret workouts with Zeke he needed to be here with his new coach considering he was the worst guard on the team last season.

This reminds me of his preconceived notions about being an All-Star whne he made that dumbass comment about being one and then be completely humiliated all All-Star weekend.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Cheeks On Stuckey

Post  WTF Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:39 am

--On an animated one-on-one conversation Thursday with Rodney Stuckey, in their first meeting, at a shootaround, which one writer described as "preaching from the pulpit":

"I wasn't preaching. I was just letting him know what I think about him, the game itself. I talk about the game because I've been around this game a long time and I try to get my message to guys about the game itself, because I appreciate the game so much because I've been fortunate enough to be in the game so long. So when I have guys that have ability -- and certainly, he's one of the guys that have ability -- I don't want his ability to be wasted. So when I have the opportunity, and I will have the opportunity, to put a stamp on him, I want him to understand about the chances that are here for him. And I don't want them to go to waste. So that's what I was giving to him is the knowledge that I have, and will be giving to him throughout the year. And I will not waste my ability to give him that knowledge -- or whomever -- because if I'm wasting it, I'm not doing my job."

You see Cheeks knows what been missing from Stuckey's, even though Stuckey is being shopped around is that Joe knows that Stuckey has some real value which is why he's willing to pull the trigger on trading him, Joe's not trading him because he thinks Stuckey is a slug. Cheeks knows that Stuckey as of today is the best guard on the team if he gets him focus even though many fans won't admit it.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Stuckey

Post  WTF Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:18 am

deusXango wrote:Oracle, that wasn't a direct attack on you, but your voice and reasoning is just too strong, and Sebastian just won't realize that this team doesn't go forward as long as Stuckey is featured; as long as he's on the Pistons, he'll be featured. Joe's been at it for so long that he just can't help himself; victim of past practices. IMHO we've moved past the Rodney Stuckey era and are now into the time of Knight and Siva as PG's of the Pistons.

I'm sort of on board with Sebastian on Stuckey and especially now that we have Chauncey back on the roster to influence both Stuckey's play on the court and behavior on the bench. It's not that he (Stuckey) isn't talented enough to put up great scoring numbers and just that his focus hasn't always been there.

I think the Bynum signing was a mistake and that Joe should have road with Knight, Stuckey, Siva, KCP and Chauncey as the only guards on the roster. IMO Stuckey is a lot closer to being CB like than Knight is.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Oracle

Post  WTF Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:04 am

Oracle wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Please! the last thing I'm looking to is argue with someone who's always right :-)

First I spoke on three players KCP, Mitchell and Drummond and I really didn't conclude anything about any of them.  

I believe I said I like Mitchell game but haven't seen him take a mid range shot in the 2 games I've watched. Then I said KCP seems to be a volume shooter based on the same 2 games.  Clearly based on what I was watching that's what I saw and none of it was a criticism on either SMH!  

Right it's really is too early the only thing Rich is your need to constantly be right about everything you post get a grip!  If Mitchell not take jump shot and KCP being a volume shooter was all by design then you should have just simply said that.  

Ok, in the spirit of the love I have for you, I'll shut my trap Smile

Now back to our regularly scheduled(and RARE) Love fest for Joe Dumars great moves!

Don't go changing now, please continue to work the only nerve I have left tb 
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty All is well

Post  deusXango Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:15 am

Oracle, that wasn't a direct attack on you, but your voice and reasoning is just too strong, and Sebastian just won't realize that this team doesn't go forward as long as Stuckey is featured; as long as he's on the Pistons, he'll be featured. Joe's been at it for so long that he just can't help himself; victim of past practices. IMHO we've moved past the Rodney Stuckey era and are now into the time of Knight and Siva as PG's of the Pistons.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Stuckey's Role ...

Post  deusXango Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:02 am

Oracle wrote:
Sebastian wrote:
My boy, Stuckey, will indeed be a significant member (and contributor) to OUR Pistons return to NBA relevance. Much to the chagrin of many Pistons fans. Stuckey should at minimum be the first guard off the bench, if not the starting PG.

"In a twist of irony should he be traded any time soon, Stuckey has always spoken about the Pistons not having enough athletes and shooters, guys who can run the floor and make the game easier for everyone.
That's the talk of a team leader? At what point was he the best player on the team, to be talking that sh!t? He's always spoken in that tone with his 14 pt. averaging ass!? That's why he never averaged 7 assists, and was such a failure at the rim, because of the level of talent on the team?

Now he notices they have no shortage of that, thanks to multiple transactions by Pistons President Joe Dumars.

We’re gonna have a lot of guys that can score, we’re gonna be really athletic this year,” Stuckey said. “(I have to) Just make sure I come to work this year every day.”
-
DetNews
As many of us suspected, not only didn't he work on his game during the off-season, he was a malingerer during the season; this comes from having a sense of entitlement that was undeserved, but foisted on him by the hated Joe Dumars. Could this be a reason he bumped heads with all his coaches?

IMO, we shouldn't judge any of our guys when we had a lineup so piss poor! Now that we're athletically competitive, there should be no excuses, and I hope Stuckey gets a shot!
I expect to be in the minority, but Stuckey seems to be a long way down the list of the athletically competitive; big, strong, fast, and ball hogging is not athletically competitive, I'm sorry! Oh, by the way, Stuckey has had numerous shots.

Look, I want to win and go as far as we can, and we need to open up the competition at any position and see who rises! Outside of Drummond, Moose & Smith, the other two positions don't have a solid set starter IMO!
Why then is Stuckey penciled in as a starter again, this year? PG, SG, now back to PG; every year it's been about fitting Stuckey in somewhere, and every year the team performed worse and worse. I know, I know, it was always the coaches fault. With Chauncey, Knight, and even Siva, who's the best PG? Am I tripping to think that both Caldwell-Pope and Middleton are better starting SG prospects? My eyes are tired of watching this guy just not get it!

We have guys that we assume are the starters, but IMO, they need to earn it by being the best on the team! You can give a guy a position, but he has to earn it to keep it!
My greatest hope is that Mo Cheeks adheres to that philosophy and Joe doesn't interfere for any reason. The best and the most compatible, skill wise, should be our starters and make up the rotation.

Let the games begin!!!!
The President of the Make Rodney Stuckey Disappear Club, and I'll be here until he's gone!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:52 pm

Oracle wrote:
Sebastian wrote:There is this huge presumption held by Pistons fans that my boy, Stuckey, will not be a significant member of the 2013-2014 Detroit Pistons. I beg to differ with all, who hold that belief.

FORUM - Page 37 Stucke11

-
DetNews

Let the games begin!!!!

Oracle, I am having problems understanding how over the past five seasons most Pistons fans who agree own some or all of the following (in no particular order) continue to not realize that in a lot of ways Stuckey's career has been short-circuited because of the very same things that they (Pistons fans) agree has occurred:

1- Three terrible head coaches (Curry, Kuester, and L. Frank);
2- That Maxey was receiving minutes that he shouldn't have;
3- That Charlie V. is an over-paid slug, who rarely contributes and was cut from his own co untry's team;
4- An overly crowded back court, consisting of former star (Iverson), a former All-Star, Pistons playoff leading scorer (Rip), a shooting guard in a PG-size body who was also the highest paid player on the team (Ben G.), a #7 1st round pick (B. Knight), and dribble, dribble shoot or lob PG (Will B.), about 25 games with the White Knight (Jose Calderon);
5- WNBA-type attendance at the Palace;
6- Tayshaun Prince!
7- The compress, strike shorten season that had a 6-day training camp. (True all teams had to deal with this reality, but the strike-shorten season was a detriment to teams that were like the Pistons were in 2011.

And yet, Stuckey has still averaged: 14.5 pts, 4.5 ast (2.1 t/o), 3.6 rbs., 82% ft.

I, President of the Rodney Stuckey Fan Club admit, #3 cannot have mysterious start to the '13-'14 season, like he started last season. He will indeed have to "come to work this year".

But, I have not doubt that if given the same 29 - 31 minutes that he has averaged over the last five years that his numbers/performance will improve.

Remember fans, he is now playing with basketball players. And, now that he (hopefully) will get the chance to play with a "true" NBA roster, I would expect his 3PT-shooting (29%) and his And-1 percentages to improve. Not to mention an increase in assists.

Trust me, Stuckey is far more an asset, than he is a liability to OUR Pistons.

As President of the Rodney Stuckey Club, I promise to not type another Rodney Stuckey rant, here, at PistonsTalk.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty The DX Solution

Post  Oracle Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:35 pm

DX's 2013-14 Detroit Pistons
C- Drummond/Monroe/Kravtsov
PF-Monroe/Smith/Mitchell/CV
SF-Smith/Luigi/Middleton
SG-Caldwell-Pope/Middleton/Billips
PG-Knight/Siva/Bynum/Billips

Nuff said, that's the lineup as I see it as well, with two minor exceptions... CV and Bynum!

Look I love Singler, JJ and Bynum and I like CV, but they all need trading, IMO!

Hell, that's almost a complete 2nd unit, or at the very least a good start!

If you can't trade those dudes for some picks and maybe another bench warmer, expiring contract, or scrub big, you need to turn in your GM license!

I'm partial to getting picks, especially since we'll be short one next year!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:25 pm

FORUM - Page 37 Stucke11

-
DetNews

Let the games begin!!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Wise

Post  Oracle Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:17 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Please! the last thing I'm looking to is argue with someone who's always right :-)

First I spoke on three players KCP, Mitchell and Drummond and I really didn't conclude anything about any of them.  

I believe I said I like Mitchell game but haven't seen him take a mid range shot in the 2 games I've watched. Then I said KCP seems to be a volume shooter based on the same 2 games.  Clearly based on what I was watching that's what I saw and none of it was a criticism on either SMH!  

Right it's really is too early the only thing Rich is your need to constantly be right about everything you post get a grip!  If Mitchell not take jump shot and KCP being a volume shooter was all by design then you should have just simply said that.  

Ok, in the spirit of the love I have for you, I'll shut my trap Smile

Now back to our regularly scheduled(and RARE) Love fest for Joe Dumars great moves!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Calling all forum fans! Your help is required.

Post  deusXango Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:31 pm

Fellow Pistons Talkers, lend me your collective ears; we've finally got the makings of a decent team, let's not muck it up! Knowing what our core group of recent lottery picks are (it's what we should trust Joe's judgment on), the second rounder's with proven potential we have on hand, and the recent FA signee's, that make up a roster larger than the NBA limit will allow, we need to start thinking about paring down the ranks; this is not the time for sentimentality. It's not so much what our draftee's did in Summer League, but what the walk on players showed us. There were easily two good players who should be invited to camp, but there is no place for them here. What I'm saying is, somebody's got to go.

The center position is secure with Drummond and Monroe, with Kravtsov as a competent 3rd. Forward is where it begins to get a little sticky; the knuckleheaded conjecture of is Smith a SF or PF should be behind us. The man is an extremely talented forward, who can defend the interior like very few in the league. It's not about the quality of his shots, but the fact that we now have a forward who can slow down Carmelo, LeBron, Durant, West, Z-Bo, and George; these are the elite scoring forwards in the league who we couldn't contend with before Smith's arrival. Monroe doesn't have to play the high level defensive game that Drummond and Smith does to play defense; Monroe is an improving PF/C who earns his keep, and given his overall talent, should be kept. Mitchell is a rare, highly athletic, forward who reminds me of Drummond (in the fierceness of his play) and is a more than adequate replacement for Maxiell, and Luigi threatens to be a 6' 9" shooting forward that we've not had anything like, ever!! These two, IMO, make both Singler and J.J. obsolete to this teams needs; everybody can't get the necessary time to develop and there's tomorrow to be considered (the 2014 draft). Whether you call Middleton a SF or SG, you've got to call him a worthwhile talent at the end of the day, one who plays the way we want our players to play. No one wants CV, and it makes no sense to amnesty him now, so we're stuck with using his $8.5 million expiring contract for next years needs; that doesn't mean he needs to play, unless it's under the most extreme conditions. That's 8 men, of what's allowed for a 15 man roster.

There are two standard recognized guard positions; PG and SG!! No combo or bully guards, just PG or SG (like when Robertson, West, Cousy, Thomas, Johnson, Stockton, Porter, Monroe, Maravich, and countless others who brought true hard work and skill to the game played). Who are our best, and most deserving to be kept on the team? Joe didn't take all this time to build this team up, for ignorance to start tearing it down, before we've had a chance to see the value of what we have. I'm on a soap box about the guards, because I feel they're the players who'll put us over the top, or will be responsible for our failure. SG is easy for me; long, tall, athletic guards with a silky smooth outside shot, and mid-range game. Guards with hops and can defend their position on the perimeter are the premium, and there are only two that come to mind immediately; Caldwell-Pope and Middleton, with Chauncey playing sparingly. PG is where this team will make it or be broken and underperform. Of all the PG's we have, it's only one who is accomplished and regrettably, he's a grizzled veteran; Chauncey Billips. The next PG (who's pure skill and instincts, unfortunately are offset by his lack of experience) is Payton Siva. The core piece who has the pedigree, size, shooting ability, and unrelenting work ethic, is Brandon Knight; he's the #1 student and our hope for starting in the future. Will Bynum is a talented scoring PG, albeit, one who doesn't play the defense Pistons fans are used to, but brings to the team more than what you see on the floor. Then too, he's the 4th PG and what do you expect from him, other than being a spark when called on?

I think this is the best team, that can be put together, going forward for every reason we've suffered disappointment, been bored to death with the uninspired play, and sickened to our collective stomachs with the selfish, club footed, "I ain't got a clue" play. Joe says he's not done, so let's hope that all not mentioned here, he does it with them. Sentiment kills.
DX's 2013-14 Detroit Pistons
C- Drummond/Monroe/Kravtsov
PF-Monroe/Smith/Mitchell/CV
SF-Smith/Luigi/Middleton
SG-Caldwell-Pope/Middleton/Billips
PG-Knight/Siva/Bynum/Billips
That's 13 men, not counting the player(s) Joe is yet to bring in (that star player and an unwanted contract); keep in mind, all these players won't be in Cheeks rotation. The help I asked for? Just a little positive thought and contentment with where we are; this feels too good to be tore up prematurely.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:35 pm

There is this huge presumption held by Pistons fans that my boy, Stuckey, will not be a significant member of the 2013-2014 Detroit Pistons. I beg to differ with all, who hold that belief.

FORUM - Page 37 Stucke12

Last edited by Sebastian on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Oracle

Post  WTF Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:51 pm

Please! the last thing I'm looking to is argue with someone who's always right :-)

I believe I said I like Mitchell game but haven't seen him take a mid range shot in the 2 games I've watched. Then I said KCP seems to be a volume shooter based on the same 2 games. Clearly based on what I was watching that's what I saw and none of it was a criticism on either SMH!

Right it's really is too early the only thing Rich is your need to constantly be right about everything you post get a grip! If Mitchell not take jump shot and KCP being a volume shooter was all by design then you should have just simply said that.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Wise

Post  Oracle Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:23 pm

Things are going too good to argue, but this was just too rich,

"Yes it's summer league so I don't put much into it :-) Isn't it a little to early for you to start falling in love with player." - Wise

I talked about 2 players, which one did you draw that conclusion about?

I made a statement of fact that you would have known if you followed the summer games, or researched it just a little after I corrected you.

If being factual is falling in love in your world... well, I don't know what to say!

"Only speaking on the couple of games I've watched not concluding anything really. I haven't seen Mitchell shoot from range except a couple of times, and really can't say that many of the shots KCP has put up were by designed. In watching today's game I seen a few air balls by KCP and he seems to need to the ball in his hands far too much." - Wise

Wow, it just won't take! I told you they ASKED him to shoot all the time and dominate the ball, and you still don't get it, Smile
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Wise & Murph

Post  WTF Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:24 pm

Oracle wrote:@Murph - Yes Chauncey brings a lot to the table! We just need to really limit his time on the floor. When he and CP3 played together, they did well in short stretches, but when the over played Chauncey in the playoffs, he was a real drag!

@Wise - IMO, you managed to get all of the wrong conclusions about each player. Mitchel has range out to 3 point land, he's a good shooter from distance! KCP was adapting his game to the situation. Was he being a volume shooter? Well, yeah, but only because that was by design with the coaching staff!

It's summer league Wise, they're working on things and trying to see different things about the possible rotation players! You're drawing season conclusions that aren't applicable to the goals they're trying to accomplish!

Here is Langolis's take - Drummond, KCP show Pistons what they needed to see in Orlando

Only speaking on the couple of games I've watched not concluding anything really. I haven't seen Mitchell shoot from range except a couple of times, and really can't say that many of the shots KCP has put up were by designed. In watching today's game I seen a few air balls by KCP and he seems to need to the ball in his hands far too much.

Yes it's summer league so I don't put much into it :-) Isn't it a little to early for you to start falling in love with player.

I also like that Evans player, who is he and where did he come from?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Wise & Murph

Post  Oracle Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:55 pm

@Murph - Yes Chauncey brings a lot to the table! We just need to really limit his time on the floor. When he and CP3 played together, they did well in short stretches, but when the over played Chauncey in the playoffs, he was a real drag!

@Wise - IMO, you managed to get all of the wrong conclusions about each player. Mitchel has range out to 3 point land, he's a good shooter from distance! KCP was adapting his game to the situation. Was he being a volume shooter? Well, yeah, but only because that was by design with the coaching staff!

It's summer league Wise, they're working on things and trying to see different things about the possible rotation players! You're drawing season conclusions that aren't applicable to the goals they're trying to accomplish!

Here is Langolis's take - Drummond, KCP show Pistons what they needed to see in Orlando
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Chauncey!!!

Post  Murph Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:51 am

Another great signing by Joe. Billups brings a wealth of knowledge and experience with him. He can provide a number of benifits for the Pistons. He can help tutor Knight. In fact, neither Knight nor Billups were pure PGs when they broke into the League, so Billups will probably make an excellent mentor to Knight, in terms of making that transition from primarily a scorer to primarily a play-maker and distributor.

Also, obviously, Billups will be called on to play reserve PG.

But the most valuable aspect of having Billups on the roster is his knowledge of spacing and the pace of the game. I watched a lot of Knicks games last season, and saw the effect Jason Kidd had on the offense when he was healthy and in the rotation. At 39, Kidd had lost almost all of his quickness and athleticism. But he was still able to act as floor general and coach on the floor, directing traffic, and improving spacing and the pace of the game. When Kidd was on the floor, the Knicks offense became much more efficient. I anticipate Billups having a similar effect on the Pistons offense, when he's in the game.

And I'd like to see Billups play in the same back-court, along with Knight. Both are outstanding shooters, so either could play PG and/or SG, in the same back-court, making the Pistons offense much more dynamic and varied.

As long as he stays healthy, Billups can still help the Pistons in numerous ways.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Watching Summer League Game This Morning

Post  WTF Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:57 am

Watching game and I have to say that I'm very impressed with Mitchell play. I'm not sure if he can hit a mid-range shot because I have not seen him attempt one but he definitely has a decent post game. I would say this is an up-grade from Maxiell.

On Drummond, well you can see the effects of spending time with Hakeem. Seen a couple of moves that reek of The Dream, and Drummond also seem to have been working on his FT's.

KCP seems to attack the rim more but doesn't always finish, seems to be a volume shooter type of player not sure how that will work out come the start of the season. Would love it more if he was a spot of shooter. BTW I think we still need a player that money from the perimeter.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Chauncey!!!

Post  Go Stones! Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:52 pm

The reason he was signed was:

1. To provide solid D off the bench...(think Hunter's role back in 2004)
2. He (or Bynum) may be a trade piece in a future transaction. (how long do they have to be with the team before they can be traded?). How many times exactly did Joe D trade Hunter through the years? It wasn't because he had it out for him, but they had some sort of understanding each time.
3. He can transition into coaching next year (team option is year #2), meanwhile he can gain respect as a player this year from the young core.
4. He will have the best rehab...even Brand wasn't 100% after 1 year.
5. He is in a situation where he could retire a Piston!
6. He provides veteran leadership
7. Was a winner when he was here last!
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Maybe Joe gifted two years to Bynum.-Wise Fan

Post  deusXango Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:51 pm

Wise, I think the signing of Bynum was exactly that; a contract on the only team Bynum's known any success, for past services, and the infectious attitude of "I'm sure glad to be in the NBA, it ain't nothing like it!" It's obvious that Joe is trying to change the culture of the team, from top to bottom, and Bynum represents the hard working, keep your head down, and stay ready for whenever you're called on, type player; he's the anti-diva, who'll kill the sense of entitlement that has pervaded the team for far too long. This is a young and impressionable team and it needs that type of veteran presence, in order for real competitive chemistry to develop among the ranks.

I have a sneaking feeling (I really hope it comes to pass) that with Chauncey's return, and Bynum's resigning, it's for the development of Knight and Siva as PG's of the future; in two years Knight will be one of the top PG's in the league and Siva will be a top backup, both playing for the Pistons! If that's Joe's vision, he does indeed have his mojo back!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Will B.?

Post  Sebastian Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:45 pm

I'm like most, here. The Will B. contract agreement is strangely curious with the addition of Chauncey.

I wonder, has Will B. put pen to paper on the contract offer, yet? And, I know it wouldn't be a good look for the organization or for Joe, but could the contract agreement extended to Will Bynum and his agent be rescinded.

It would be an ugly think to do, but this roster really doesn't need Will B.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty In the did you freaking know this department!

Post  Oracle Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:20 pm

"There’s a temptation to group Andre Drummond’s Summer League reign of terror under the “man among boys” heading, except then you remember this: He’s the youngest guy on anyone’s roster in Orlando." - Langolis
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Upon Further Review

Post  WTF Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:17 pm

Oracle wrote:
lemonpen wrote:Doesn’t the signing of Billups (for the duration of Knights contract) close the door on possibilities of acquiring Rondo, and indicate a strong organizational commitment to Knight as our PG going forward.  

Don, how R U feeliing about Joe D now.

I think it does signal that commitment, and it's a smart move! You have to go all in and either solidify the fact that Knight is the future here or eliminate him from the process, it's all up to Knight at this point!

The thing that's bothering me, but not too much, is that with the signing of Chauncey we have no additional slots for either Siva or English!

It bothers me because Siva is someone I want to keep past Chauncey's contract, but I've come to terms with letting English go!

So that means the only way for that to happen is for there to be a wholesale blood letting, and as per your earlier post, it's not the blood of an Englishman alone that I smell, it's also CV, Stuckey, Singler and JJ... addition by subtraction?

If we could get rid of those 4 and take back 1 with picks, or just multiple picks, I would be in heaven!

BTW, is there anyone else out there that doesn't believe that this is a playoff team already?

As I've been ranting all season that the addition of Smith make us a playoff team and the addition of Sheed as an assistant and the pick up of Chauncey kind of solidifies it.

What I like with Sheed is that he still has enough left to get on the floor at practice with these cats for a more hands on approach to teaching Drummond and Monroe.

Here's what concerns me with Chauncey and it's by no means with Chauncey, but with Knight and his ability to quickly to the teaching of both Chauncey and Cheeks. I love CB but last thing we need to see is CB in a starting role and that all depended upon Knight's progress.

I'm not understanding the Bynum re-signing though. Either it's Joe's intent to offer Chauncey a coaching position after and play him minimal minutes signing Bynum just don't make sense to me with English, Stuckey, Siva, Pope, on the roster. What I will hate most is Cheeks going beyond rotating 4 guards at both positions. Maybe Joe gifted two years to Bynum.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Interesting Smith...

Post  Oracle Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:17 pm

"Former Hawks (and current Bucks) head coach Larry Drew understood this well, pushing Smith back to small forward as a means of combating the Pacers midway through the first round of the 2013 playoffs. When matched up with NBA darling Paul George, Smith powered his way into easy scores from the low block (while working against the best defense in the league, and while sharing the floor with Al Horford and another rotation big) and locked in to smother George defensively. From the time of that adjustment, George went on to convert just 38.1 percent of his field goals whenever Smith was on the floor.

That he will likely default to small forward in this new set does make the newly-hired Mo Cheeks’ job more difficult in terms of constructing lineups and balancing the offense, but there’s hope for his efforts in the oft-used combinations employed by the Hawks in recent seasons. Most recently: In 2012-13, a five-man unit featuring Smith, Horford and Zaza Pachulia rated as one of the Hawks’ best. Cluttered passing lanes did lead to a notable increase in turnovers, but Atlanta shot brilliantly from the floor overall and posted an effective field goal percentage of 55.9 — a mark slightly better than the Heat’s league-leading season average. The Hawks also benefitted from a huge improvement on the boards when operating in that lineup, and in the final balance that group bested Atlanta’s season averages by several points on both ends of the floor while outscoring opponents by 7.7 points per 100 possessions.

The success on the glass in those big lineups should follow Smith from Atlanta to Detroit, and his addition to one of the weakest wing rotations in the league should correspond with a notable improvement on both sides of the ball. Regardless of position, Smith will be the best defender for the Pistons at all times, while contributing more in total than any player who would otherwise fill the small forward slot." - Could Josh Smith to the Pistons be one of the must underrated signings of the offseason?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next