Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
Sparma
merc
Phil-Good
deusXango
lemonpen
cool breeze
WTF
Oracle
Sebastian
13 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty OUTSTANDING CALL ON BURKE, WISE!

Post  deusXango Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:39 pm

It's an eye-opening reality that this young man can win (rightfully so) so many national competitive awards and some local fans can only see "limitations" (his height being the most ridiculous) to his game.

Wise, I thank you again for putting me in a position to enjoy this young man's outstanding season, and to know in my heart of hearts that if Dumars doesn't draft him, if he's available, it will rank as the WORST mistake in drafting he'd have made as our GM. If Joe passes on Burke we can stop talking about Darko @ #2!!!

A sure sign that this franchise is destined to be a bottom feeder for years to come; Lil' Larry is brought back for his 3rd year for any reason (IMHO his presence will undermine any attempts to sign any of the FA's we need). With better talent this year than last, our record was worse; what will next year look like?

Another sign is if Dumars doesn't fire Lil' Larry (or if Gores forbids it and Joe doesn't resign), fails to draft Burke, or upgrade SG, SF, and PF through FA signings and trades; if Stuckey is held onto and Bynum is re-signed, and we part company with English, Middleton, Kravtsov, and Jerebko.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty WOW! Sour Cynic got you boys loving Burke but I'm not so sure

Post  Phil-Good Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:08 pm

"and to know in my heart of hearts that if Dumars doesn't draft him, if he's available, it will rank as the WORST mistake in drafting he'd have made as our GM."

I don't know. When I watch Burke play he looks like A Allen Iverson type of guard to me. I'm not super sold on him being the next big time PG to come into the NBA.

I could be 100000% Wrong! He has heart and ball that you can't account for. I have the last two NCAA games he play. I'm watching them and I don't see the next Chris Paul. But that's just my eyes!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty WOW! Sour Cynic got you boys loving Burke but I'm not so sure

Post  Oracle Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:12 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:"and to know in my heart of hearts that if Dumars doesn't draft him, if he's available, it will rank as the WORST mistake in drafting he'd have made as our GM."

I don't know. When I watch Burke play he looks like A Allen Iverson type of guard to me. I'm not super sold on him being the next big time PG to come into the NBA.

I could be 100000% Wrong! He has heart and ball that you can't account for. I have the last two NCAA games he play. I'm watching them and I don't see the next Chris Paul. But that's just my eyes!

Phillip, it's a real roll of the dice with Burke, and I would lean for Carter-Williams, and I believe that Joe would too, but that's no real knock on Burke.

The reason I think Burke may be good, not Chris Paul good, but good, is the same reason I wanted Joe to draft Carmelo instead of Darko.

The kid is clutch and he's a winner! You can't teach those things, and players like that do things that aren't in the script!

However, Burke will be able to silence the critics with a win over Carter-Williams and the Orange, and I'm going to be one screaming Michigan fan at gametime! Brats & Beer... I'm READY!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty THAT'S CUZ YOU GOT BOOGERS AND SNOT IN YOUR EYES

Post  WTF Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:59 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:"and to know in my heart of hearts that if Dumars doesn't draft him, if he's available, it will rank as the WORST mistake in drafting he'd have made as our GM."

We all could be wrong about Burke, but there is no way he looks anything like AI. Also Sour Pee Boy aren't you the same Bozo that was claiming Knight was the real deal before we drafted him? My guess is he'll be every bit as good as CP3, but I think Burke will define his own style once in the NBA. Honestly I see a little of all the best PG in him, he obviously studied everyone game from Zeke, Kidds, Rose, Stockton, CP3, Magic and so on and yeah if that first step remind you of AI's I wouldn't doubt it. Reality is at times he looks and play like all of them.

When he hit those 3's against KU I thought Zeke, Burke wanted the ball and the shot. They lost that last game to Indy but I watch him break Oladipo ankles 3 or 4 time with a cross over and I thought AI, I watched him come up the court and drop dime land say J-Kidd. hell defensively like in the MSU game I though he was the Glove. I think Burke mimic all the greats and I think because he takes a little of everyone game is why he so fundamentally sound with his play.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty HEY MURPH

Post  WTF Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:10 pm

Detroit Pistons Coach Lawrence Frank Insists He Doesn’t Want Rutgers Job

Hey Murph can you stop calling Rutgers and pretending to be Frank.

Man that's messed up but these schools have to stop being so stupid about these things. Rice should have been fired back in December along with the enitre coaching staff because they all participated I'm sure. Feel bad for the AD but he was trying to save face when he didn't fire Rice initially.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:22 pm

Well, gawwwwd damn, Phillip!!! I do believe you've lost your fuking mind! Iverson? Yeah, Iverson with an outside shot, for a high percentage, and a willingness to involve his team mates in the game. Where's your evidence that there's anyone better? We need to let this "mine is bigger than yours" mentality go, and stop talking Carter-Williams, BK7, Smart, and all those other potential failures at PG; feeling like a fool later, when someone else drafts Burke, and he's a raving success, won't do the team a bit of good, and at that point I don't want to hear sh!t from you in an apologetic post (like your recent Stuckey posts)!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty (In Toney Soprano voice) TAKE IT EASY!!!

Post  Phil-Good Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:31 am

Take it easy guys. I'm not going hard on this Tray Burks thing. I'm just saying.... The video I see he looks more like A Allen Iverson type of guard then A Chris Paul. The kid has heart and balls all day long.

All I'm saying is I'm impressed but not OMG impressed. Like for example Kevin Durant when he was at Texas. I was like OMG! Or to you guys point,Michael Beasley. I thought this kid was going to be the next great NBA player. But I was wrong.

R.Lopez. Ibka, Westbrook, Ryan Anderson, K.Love, Roy Hibbert, Javal McGee, Kufos, Nichols Batum, and even Mario Chalmers have had better NBA careers from that 08 NBA Draft then Michale Beasley.

So it's clear that I can be wrong from time to time. It can't happen ofter but it does happen. lol

If the Pistons land at 5 would I take Tray Burks? YES. If I landed at 1 or 2 would I take Ben McLemore? Hell Yes! Would I make A trade to get Trey Burks on my team? Hell Yes! If the Pistons landed at 3 would I take Trey Burks? IDK! Maybe Yes!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Lil' Larry said

Post  deusXango Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:04 am

"This is a rare year -- the first time in five years we've had the flexibility going forward," Frank said of the Pistons, who have flexibility within the salary cap and can sign free agents. "There's going to be a lot of big decisions made that can set up the franchise for the future."
-Lil' Larry

Why is this character sounding like he's to be part of those plans going forward? Has he been given an indication his contract will be extended beyond next year? (He should be let go at the end of this season.) His summer should be about straightening sh!t out at Rutgers, not how to create more mess with the Pistons. Lil' Larry, the anti-FA talisman.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Trey Burke or Otto Porter, Jr.?

Post  Sebastian Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:52 am

Piston Pals with each post trumpeting the wares of Trey Burke's game and potential, it appears that most everyone thinks that Trey Burke is the player to draft.

But, if the choice was between drafting Burke or Porter, Joe should draft Porter. Correct?

WE are in far greater need of a SF, than a guy who in my opinion will have a much, more difficult time at ascending above his peers at the PG position than will Porter, who will be able to become one of the better SF in League well before Burke rises to the top at his position.

Damn near every team in the League has an elite PG, from the Clippers' Chris Paul, to the Thunders' Russell Westbrook, to the Nets' Deron Williams, to Phillies Jrue Holiday. I'd rather stick with what WE currently have at the point (B. Knight/Stuckey) and draft Porter.

I will request the opportunity to wait until May 21, when the Lottery order will be determined before stating what OUR Pistons should do with the pick.

In the meantime, much luck to UM this weekend.

Last edited by Sebastian on Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty IF HE'S THERE YOU DRAFT HIM PERIOD!

Post  WTF Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:37 am

"He does it all for this team," McGary said. "He's such a good leader. He's a good friend off the court. He sees a lot of things guards don't see. He knows time and score. He knows when to pass it and find the easy drop-off passes. [My development] is based off his play and getting the easy drop-offs. All I have to do is put the ball in the basket. He's doing all the work, penetrating in the lane and kicking it to me." - Mitch McGary

WOW! now lets imagine both Drummond and Monroe making this same statement next season about how Burke has help elavated their games.

"I think in the first couple of months, he was reading me, he was putting deposits in my trust bank more and more every time," said Beilein. "That's really important. The more deposits he made, the more I knew I could trust him."

Beilein said Burke has done things that many before him hadn't. - Beiliens

The last time a Pistons PG was being talked about as a coach on the floor was when Chauncey was being referred to as the Brains of the Pistons. Right now I think Burke would rest somewhere in between Zeke and Chauncey if we were to compare the impact they had in leading and running their Pistons teams. I see that assasain we had in Zeke and that cool we saw in Chauncey, I see that in Burke.

The thing about taking a PG like Burke or any talented PG is that you not only upgrade the PG position but in essence every position becomes an upgrade because those types of PG makes players around them better. This is why Burke should be drafted if we have the opportunity to do so.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty IF HE'S THERE YOU DRAFT HIM PERIOD!

Post  deusXango Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:31 am

With all due respect to my fellow posters who have doubts about the uniqueness and positive impact that Trey Burke would bring to the Pistons, I'm in lockstep with Wise on drafting him.....period!!

I'm not going to make any comparisons (for some reason that's gotten to be an unnessarry arguement) with other unique and special PG's because there are no two just alike, or similar; the common denominator is they've all brought something to the game totally unexpected, and they make the players around them better.

As hard as Knight works and as determined as he seems to be, the players around him doesn't benefit from his presence on the floor; Stuckey has never shown anything unique or special (unsuccessful forays to the rim and shooting FT's at the clip he does is not special), and ballhogging like Iverson leaves a team flat, especially when you're not a leading scorer in the NBA (where's the uniqueness?). The honest case against Calderon is not only his age but, his fragile build and the CV like defense he plays; he may as well be 6' 0 " tall for all it's worth. That's where we stand with PG candidates currently, and if we draft anyone in the top 10, that's not a PG, to play with Drummond and Monroe, what we'll have in effect is a brand new Mayback...without an engine! We need someone to make this team go and that someone IMHO is Trey Burke.

Sebastian, remember when the Dallas Mavericks drafted Mark Aguirre, leaving us to take Isiah Lord Thomas (we had just drafted Larry Drew in the !st round the year before)? Aguirre couldn't score enough or lead the Mavericks over the top, as talented as he was but, The Pistons rallied around the leadership qualities of Thomas and the trust Chuck Daly invested in him was justified when he led the Pistons to the promised land. So much for the question of Porter Jr. or Burke's importance to the Pistons. I personally prefer Dario Saric over Otto Porter Jr. and I really, really like Porter Jr.!! In most cases there's someone better out there.....most cases but, not this one; Trey Burke is the player for us.

But wait, I'm getting ahead of myself (got caught up in the winning of all those national accolades), the moment of truth awaits and the main stage is ready; the Final Four is upon us, let the games begin!! I'm looking for a team of underclassmen that the Wolverines will field led by Trey Burke to win it all. That's what legends are made of; he's the best player left in the tournament, all 6' 0" of him. If Michigan looses will I hurt? Yes, definately! Will I cry? It's a possibillty. Will I hang my head? HELL NO!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Let's go WOLVERINES

Post  Rett Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:39 am

a big shout out from A2 to ATL

GO BLUE!!!

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty say what???

Post  Rett Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:40 am

who compared Burke to Iverson?

HUH???? seriously?
no way...

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty DAMN SKIPPY THERE BE NO HEAD HANGING

Post  WTF Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:58 am

.......but I think the Wolverines will win this game tonight. If for some reason the unforeseeable happens tonight and they lose, it won't change my opinion of who we need to draft.

I know so many are waiting to come with the I told you if the Wolverines don't win and they'll use that to justify not selecting Burke. But how could they then argue the likes of Porter, Oladipo, Mclemore and others being a better choice when they're sitting at home watching tonights Final Four being played.

Sour Pee Boy is an idiot in his comparsion of Burke and AI, AI never had nearly the fundamentals to play PG as college player or pro player as Burke does and yet he manages to pull this dumbass remark out of his ass suggesting McLemore would be a better choice. McLemore a freshmen SG no less that Burke beat in dramatic fashion to advance.

Why would Joe draft another combo guard with his lottery pick? He should have learn his lesson in selecting first Stuckey then Knight. I keep forgetting that Sour Pee Boy is not smarter than a 5th grader. That was about dumbest comparison made of Trey Burke I've heard all year. But like I said I did see Burke break Oladipo's ankles with a AI like cross-over Very Happy The only bad thing about drafting Burke is Knight will likely have a lot ankle injuries traying to defend Burke in practice facepalm
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty THIS SHOULD BRING SMILES TO DX, MURPH, GRIZZ AND ORACLE

Post  WTF Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:18 pm

DETROIT PISTONS

Even with so many teams being discussed here, no team in coaching circles is rated as more likely to make a change than the Pistons, whose 4-18 record since the All-Star break and increasingly frequent struggles to keep games competitive have clearly put Lawrence Frank's job in jeopardy despite the one season, followed by a team option, left on his contract.

League coaching sources consistently submit Frank's name as poised for dismissal when the regular seasons ends, with the Pistons said to be increasingly concerned by some of the body language and lukewarm responsiveness from Frank's players that's often evident to scouts sitting courtside.

Few coaches in the game are as prepared and thorough as Frank, but it's not resonating with this group. It would thus be a big surprise, at this stage, if the Pistons aren't soon in the market for a coach -- possibly a former player -- who might be able to vibe better with Greg Monroe, Andre Drummond & Co. - ESPN

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty IMPRESSIVE!!!

Post  Oracle Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:08 pm

Michigan is such a well coached team... BOTH off and on the court!

The Orange have been out coached from the bench, and Burke is the coach on the floor kicking arse!!!

McGary is just AWESOME!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty IMPRESSIVE!!! INDEED!!!!!

Post  WTF Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:28 pm

Oracle wrote:Michigan is such a well coached team... BOTH off and on the court!

The Orange have been out coached from the bench, and Burke is the coach on the floor kicking arse!!!

McGary is just AWESOME!

McGary is MVP
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty SOMETHING IS FISHY

Post  WTF Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:21 am

IF MICHIGAN LOSE
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:29 am

Not really, Burke is playing stupid, but they should win anyway!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:49 am

I was thinking with Hardaway Jr. Man there was a stretch were Hardaway made like 5 boneheaded plays in a row. I did think Burke felt the pressure finally and got careless with the rock. He could do anything against that zone.

But nonetheless to the Championship Game we GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Exciting night

Post  Sparma Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:03 am

Neither of our two potential future point guards looked good. And I didn't care for Carter Williams crying in his towel about his performance while his team still had a very real chance of winning (bolstered by Michigan missing 5 of 6 FTs in one stretch (if McGary's given an 0-3 on the lane violation, which it wouldn't be officially)). I could see early that going inside to McGary was going to be their best chance against the zone; glad they were willing to make a quick transition to that strategy even with the Player of the Year on the floor. Michigan should have a good chance on Monday. I wonder what the odds will be.

Watched the end of the Pistons game during halftime. Knight on fire offensively. Also, even though TOs were an enormous problem, Knight had a respectable 6:3 ratio, better than Calderon's for once. I think that the game turned on a curious call on an out of bounds play, initially called a jump ball, then Minnesota's ball. I do think Drummond touched it last, so that the right call was made. I didn't realize refs had the option to call a jump ball on an out of bounds play like that.

With the Wiz winning, it's looking like the Pelicans are our real competition for #5.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty THE MATCHUP

Post  WTF Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:04 am

WOW! The Carter-William-Burke matchup wasn't that exciting at all. Clearly Burke got the best of this matchup because Burke basically shut Carter-Williams down offensively and, forced him into 5 TO's. I think this matchup answer at least 1 of a few question for Mr. Oracle about Burke guarding bigger PG's at the next level.

Burke shot badly and rightfully so those were some Tall Lanky SOB's, overall I think he played smart for 38 minutes but at the end even though he finished the game with only 1 turnover he did get a little reckless in his decision making.

I'm not all that sure about Carter-Williams after this game because I'd fully expected him to give Burke a run for his money.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty SPARMA

Post  WTF Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:10 am

I don't know what the line will be, but I'm certain Michigan can beat them, I was more worried about us playing Shockers. who I thought would be far to physical for us.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty I HAD A VISION LAST NIGHT

Post  deusXango Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:29 am

I saw Michigan winning the NCAA championship; that's a banner that can't come down!
Watching BK7, I realized that at his best he's not a PG or a SG; Brandon Knight is a 6' 3" scoring machine that only needs some PT and the "green light."
I see a coach, who's hungry to prove himself on the pro level, coming in with a fresh perspective on the teams talent and win-win ideas for everybody.
I see a surprisingly good draft, complete with some totally unexpected turn of events; fans are all but dancing in the streets!
I see basketball fans all over the state rejoicing.
If you see it, or if you don't, you're seeing what you see; I hope that you are seeing the things that good, hopeful, redeeming, and joyful for all.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Wise

Post  Sparma Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:30 am

I don't watch much College Basketball. Have basically followed Michigan, especially in the tournament. From what I've seen recently it does seem like Michigan has pretty good odds, much better than the Fab Five Freshmen had against Duke. From what I've seen and read, McGary's emergence transformed the team. He was the key against the zone tonight. No way would they have gotten this far without McGary playing so well (the FTs notwithstanding).
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next