FORUM

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Two Things ..

Post  deusXango on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:37 pm

Grizz, you're absolutely correct, I didn't mention anyone coming to Brandon's defense but, I thought that could go without saying (To his credit, Maxiell was right up in World Peace's face as soon as he did that sh!t, and World Peace backed off), and I neglected that point.

Again I agree with you that any team that contends, and wants respect, has to have an enforcer...this is why OKC went after Kendrick Perkins; he ain't all that offensively or defensively but, he'll kick 'yo ass, and that's what they needed, an enforcer to standup for their franchise player Kevin Durant. If not for Perkins I believe Durant would have been getting those cheap shots Blake Griffin has been exposed to. This is another reason why I'm so high on Laimbeer coaching this team; Rick Mahorn would certainly be on the bench, as an assisstant, and the defensive play of Drummond, Monroe, CV, and Kravtsov would be more aggressive and brutal...who don't like it?!
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Was I crying or venting?

Post  Grizz2 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:29 pm

deusXango wrote:Grizz, you're absolutely correct, I didn't mention anyone coming to Brandon's defense but, I thought that could go without saying (To his credit, Maxiell was right up in World Peace's face as soon as he did that sh!t, and World Peace backed off), and I neglected that point.

Again I agree with you that any team that contends, and wants respect, has to have an enforcer...this is why OKC went after Kendrick Perkins; he ain't all that offensively or defensively but, he'll kick 'yo ass, and that's what they needed, an enforcer to standup for their franchise player Kevin Durant. If not for Perkins I believe Durant would have been getting those cheap shots Blake Griffin has been exposed to. This is another reason why I'm so high on Laimbeer coaching this team; Rick Mahorn would certainly be on the bench, as an assisstant, and the defensive play of Drummond, Monroe, CV, and Kravtsov would be more aggressive and brutal...who don't like it?!

DX ..sorry to maybe sound like I am crying (OK I WAS!) when what I hope I am doing is venting or just pointing out how the Lakers got away with some **** once more than the Pistons could never get away with it .. What if Drummond had drapped his arms all over Kobe and pulled down on his head ... and then threw a small punch that missed?

Yes, .. MAX got in Artest's face .. glad to see that and would have loved to see even more .. Actually . .the situation warranted it IMO ..

Yeah .. It is pure homerism .. but still would love those guys on the Pistons' bench ..

I do admit Frank is getting better and better .. I didnt see this game so ... Not sure how well he did coaching-wise .. but probably good or OK ..

Perhaps JC would have made better end of game PG plays in this game ... I am sure he would have helped the team in the first half .. Check that ... Our defense was the problem in the first half .. not the offense ..

I am not sure .. but wouldnt argue against . that JC would have played better than Bynum or Knight at the end .. JC has played near a decade for a LOSING TEAM .. So I am assuming he has NOT been making too many end of game winning plays for the Raptors over the years either because his team was so far behind ... or they lost some because he didnt ..

Still glad JC will play for the Pistons soon and will be a big boost to the team .. Knight can learn from him AND play better because of the pressure of having him on the team ..

Glad to see Bynumm lay it all on the line .. And then say he hated not making the winning play at the end .. For what it is worth .. He probably did make a play good enough to win but the refs let Gasol get away with a foul because ... they wanted the game over .. or they respect the Lakers more than the Pistons ..

Perkins IS a good example of a present day enforcer .. I still think if Mahorn had been on the team in 1990, autumn .. K. Loser Malone would not have driven his elbow into Thomas's head ..
Grizz2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  merc on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:34 am

This loss and the C's win prety much assures that we won't be giving the Cats our pick this year... hopefully next year it won't matter much.

If we knew before the draft that we could trade our pick for Dwight Howard we would be thrilled... honestly I'd turn down Howard for DRE.

A little pissed that Joe said he wouldn't trade any cap room this year (but he's lied b4)... pretty sure Jmax & Bynum could get a nice return from a playoff contender.

Starting to look like a competitive team.
merc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Best Lost of the year!!! Exciting, action pack, basketball game

Post  Phil1980boy on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:05 am

I looked out on the floor and I saw B.K.7, Jones Jerebko, The Moose, Big Dre, and will Bynum..

And Frank did A really good job coaching in the second half..

Joe has made some major cape room

Tome Gores is staying out the way and off the camera...( for now)

We have A lotto pick in the 2013 NBA Draft.

And nobody has any major injuries ( As of now)

I am 1 happy Piston fan tonight!!! tb

The future is looking bright for my Detroit Pistons..... dance

And WOW!! What A Game?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Phil1980boy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

WHO CAN GET THEIR HEAD AROUND THIS?

Post  deusXango on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:06 am

Maxiell, Jerebko, and Stuckey for Josh Smith and Kyle Korver. I've been banging the drum for Aldridge but, they're not out of their minds in Portland. What would we have to loose? I'd rather work on re-signing Calderon and Smith, than having the fans holding their breath worrying about Maxiell being re-signed. We'll still gain CAP space with the expiring contract of Maggette, and Hamilton's contract obligations coming to an end; it may not cost Joe as much as a lot of prophetic mathmaticians imagine to keep Calderon and Smith, once the team starts to jell the remainder of the year. Smith has never played with bigs like what the Pistons have, and Jose damn sure haven't had the quality of players to get the ball to that's here.

I'm not for throwing money at O.J. Mayo, because we have enough "homegrown" candidates to look at for SG still, that are not as expensive as Mayo would be...he's not an alpha scorer either.

PG-Calderon/Bynum
SG-Knight/English/Middleton
SF-Smith/Singler/Middleton
PF-Monroe/Villanueva
C- Drummond/Kravstov

This is what I can get my head around because it's possible between now and Feb. 21, 2013...I hope Joe does something soon with the players who shouldn't be here.
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

turning the corner ...

Post  Grizz2 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:40 am

Phil1980boy wrote:I looked out on the floor and I saw B.K.7, Jones Jerebko, The Moose, Big Dre, and will Bynum..

And Frank did A really good job coaching in the second half..

Joe has made some major cape room

Tome Gores is staying out the way and off the camera...( for now)

We have A lotto pick in the 2013 NBA Draft.

And nobody has any major injuries ( As of now)

I am 1 happy Piston fan tonight!!! tb

The future is looking bright for my Detroit Pistons..... dance

And WOW!! What A Game?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Phillip .. it does seem the best days of the Pistons are ahead ... that we have turned a corner and are on our way to becoming a good play-off team by the end of next season .. I dont mind not making the play-offs this season .. Sorry to have missed a great game .. great even if we lost ..

Grizz2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SHUT UP TERRY FOSTER

Post  WTF on Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:05 am

Who cares if half of the arena were Kobe Fans sporting purple and gold Kobe jerseys. Hell I like Kobe and would sport his jersey the only reason I don't is I hate the color combination of purple and gold.

Stop hating on Kobe, he's like the only player in the NBA that can sell out the Palace facepalm
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

JJ & Bynum

Post  Murph on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:09 am

It was nice to see JJ finally have a good game, albeit in limited minutes. 5 points and 4 rebounds in 10 minutes is that best game Jerebko's had in 3 months. Shocked

So what do we do with Will Bynum? I've never seen him play this well. Is he actually good, or is he just playing for his next contract? Should we bring him back as a reserve PG? Or is all of this just fools gold, and as soon as we re-sign him, he'll revert back to his mediocre old self? Anyone?

Murph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

JJ & Bynum

Post  deusXango on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:15 am

Murph, as much as I personally like Jerebko, I think that he'd be better off being traded (for the good of his career #1, and to clear up the log jam that still exists on the team #2). I'm one of those that really didn't appreciate the treatment given to him by Lil' Larry, especially during the London trip; it appears that Lil' Larry may stick around for awhile, and I'd hate to see what's been going on to last through the duration of J.J.'s contract. J.J. has value on the trade market. Really he does.

I'm a believer in Bynum, as our "mighty mite" spark plug off the bench, simply because all he's ever wanted to do was play (everything but defense it seems), and out of all the world class scoring guards that's played for the Pistons, Will Bynum holds the record for points scored in a quarter...that wasn't for a contract but, that was Will being Will. I don't believe Joe can get that level of talent, for the price he can re-sign Bynum for. Bynum is also the shortest man on the team but, the best finisher at the rim we have...if Stuckey could finish like Bynum, his "Bully guard" game would be awesome, and his scoring average would be at least 8 pts. more, the way he plays. I think Will is a keeper.

footnote: Wouldn't it be something if Bynum worked on the lobs with Kravtsov this summer, and had him ready to step in on the 2nd unit next year to bring what Drummond has meant to it this year? The "Russian" is a big athletic defender also; the only thing that needs polishing is his offensive game.
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bynum

Post  Murph on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:29 am

deusXango wrote:
I'm a believer in Bynum, as our "mighty mite" spark plug off the bench, simply because all he's ever wanted to do was play (everything but defense it seems), and out of all the world class scoring guards that's played for the Pistons, Will Bynum holds the record for points scored in a quarter...that wasn't for a contract but, that was Will being Will. I don't believe Joe can get that level of talent, for the price he can re-sign Bynum for. Bynum is also the shortest man on the team but, the best finisher at the rim we have...if Stuckey could finish like Bynum, his "Bully guard" game would be awesome, and his scoring average would be at least 8 pts. more, the way he plays. I think Will is a keeper.

footnote: Wouldn't it be something if Bynum worked on the lobs with Kravtsov this summer, and had him ready to step in on the 2nd unit next year to bring what Drummond has meant to it this year? The "Russian" is a big athletic defender also; the only thing that needs polishing is his offensive game.

DX...well, one thing's for sure, we could probably get Bynum cheap. He wants to stay. I'm thinking we could re-sign him for 3 years at $12 million.

If we re-signed Calderon also, that would give us plenty of PGs.

Then we could focus on another position in the draft, such as SG, SF or PF (not that we really have a need at any of those postions either, any longer). If we re-signed Calderon and Byum, maybe we should think about taking a SF like McAdoo, again.

Last edited by Murph on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Murph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  merc on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:34 am

From NY Daily News... "SLAM DUNKS
NBA scouts see the following players as the ones most likely to get dealt by the Feb. 21 trading deadline: Atlanta’s Josh Smith; Phoenix’s Marcin Gortat; the Lakers’ Pau Gasol; Orlando’s J.J. Redick; Detroit’s Rodney Stuckey; Milwaukee’s Monta Ellis; Utah’s Paul Millsap and Denver’s Timofey Mozgov, the ex-Knick."
merc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  merc on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:51 am

Murph, Hanging on to Willy B is a tough call... I could see a playoff team offering him almost the full MLE next year... IMO he's playing over his head right now... I'd like to see a young core that will peak in two years (when Bynum is 32)... I'm thinking we should sell high right now instead of getting into a bidding war for him... the last small old PG we got stuck with was Chuckie Atkins.
How bout we deal Stuckey & Will to a playoff contender for a late 1st (plus a contract).... then use our picks for Burke & Alex Poythress.

merc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Calderon good to go

Post  merc on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:05 pm

Official word from the Pistons... "Jose Calderon has been cleared to play and is expected to be in uniform tonight when the Pistons take on the Knicks at 7:30."
merc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bynum: Too good to trade?

Post  Oracle on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:36 pm

No, he's not too good to trade or lose, but he's got something going for him that is too good to lose!

Bynum has a DEEP chemistry with this team, something that's going to be hard to replace!

Merc is right, somebody is likely to offer him the full MLE, bt that's easy to counter if Joe wants to keep him. Joe can offer him stability and security, i.e. keep the salary low, but offer him 4 years instead of 3.

Will doesn't want to leave, and I don't think Joe wants him to go either. He is a bit like Chuckey, who we held on to for a bit too long, but Will is better in a lot of ways that Chuckey wasn't, even though Chuckey was valuable early on.

My vote is to keep Bynum, because I can't see how we do much better off the bench at his price(and we might do a lot worse)!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Speaking of Chemistry...

Post  Oracle on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:44 pm

The real tragedy of not getting Monroe & Drummond playing together is that it takes years to develop championship level chemistry, and two key players lit them need to start ASAP.

There's a lot we don't know about how these two need to play offensively or defensively together.

On defense, should they switch and let Drummond guard the PF and Monroe the Center?

BTW, don't expect any improvement in Monroe's shooting this season. It's sad, but during a season, practice is generally a luxery. Working on your game is all but impossible in any wide sense.

There's also the chemistry between the other youngsters! Frank seemed almost dismissive of JJ when he told Frank that he had great chemistry with Singler.

Note to Frank: Playing with specific players is what Chemistry is all about, so no, you CAN'T play well with everybody(See AI in the bball dictionary)
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

JC

Post  Oracle on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:55 pm

merc wrote:Official word from the Pistons... "Jose Calderon has been cleared to play and is expected to be in uniform tonight when the Pistons take on the Knicks at 7:30."

Now the question shifts! This was the question in one of the articles.

"Calderon is expected -- eventually, if not Monday -- to start. The question will be if Brandon Knight starts in a dual-point guard lineup with Rodney Stuckey at the 3, or if Lawrence Frank goes in a different direction" - Quote
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RE:Turning it Around

Post  Phil1980boy on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:09 pm

What A game Grizz!!! The Palace was pumped up. I don't care if the Palace was full of Kobe Fans. The game was fun to watch.

I totally agree with this comment by somebody::::"The real tragedy of not getting Monroe & Drummond playing together is that it takes years to develop championship level chemistry, and two key players lit them need to start ASAP."

YES! 100000% Correct. Get those two on the floor together right now!!! No more time to play around. Let's get this rebuilding project some stability ASAP! Anybody with EYES knows Moose and Big Dre are the 4@5. So let's get **** going! What we waiting for???

Phil1980boy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  merc on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:18 pm

Fortunately there's enough time left to answer some of the questions for next year....
Whether we offer Bynum a multiyear contract depends on Knights ability to hold down the 2 spot... if we keep Willy & Calderon for more than a couple years then we're throwing in the towel on the Knight PG experiment (not saying that's all bad)... this would be an admission by Joe that he made a mistake in the first place.
OTOH, If they stay the course of Knight being the PG of the future (playing backup to Calderon for the time being) then Bynum would spend a lot of time on the bench... we've been down that expensive road too many times.
merc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Drummond

Post  merc on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:23 pm

His minutes are increasing... last 3 games 24, 18, 23... finally some time on the floor with G.M.... would love to clear CV or Jmax by the deadline.
merc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Jose starting tonight ...

Post  Sebastian on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:31 pm

Okay Jose Calderon can pass the ball and has an okay stroke, but seriously Pistons Pals he's not a Savior.

I for one (and probably the only one) am not cool with Jose Calderon starting, as soon as his visa issues are resolved.

There should be some degree of respect offered to B. Knight. And, for the last time, B. Knight is not a two guard. It is far too much of a requirement to demand that he guards the opposing SG and score, efficiently over the opposing two guard.

B. Knight will be a more than serviceable and effective PG, if WE had a better coach, a coach who has perhaps played the position with successful results - Isiah Thomas!
Sebastian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Merc

Post  Oracle on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:42 pm

merc wrote:His minutes are increasing... last 3 games 24, 18, 23... finally some time on the floor with G.M.... would love to clear CV or Jmax by the deadline.

That's the real solution!

If we clear the decks, doing the right thing becomes the only option!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Jose starting tonight ...

Post  Oracle on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:49 pm

Sebastian wrote:Okay Jose Calderon can pass the ball and has an okay stroke, but seriously Pistons Pals he's not a Savior.

I for one (and probably the only one) am not cool with Jose Calderon starting, as soon as his visa issues are resolved.

There should be some degree of respect offered to B. Knight. And, for the last time, B. Knight is not a two guard. It is far too much of a requirement to demand that he guards the opposing SG and score, efficiently over the opposing two guard.

B. Knight will be a more than serviceable and effective PG, if WE had a better coach, a coach who has perhaps played the position with successful results - Isiah Thomas!

Seb, I don't see this as a slap to Knight, but it is a severe warning! Knight has been doing what they wanted, but they're sending him mixed messages! At the beginning of the season he tried to be a pass first guard, and they complained about his scoring.

Then he scores in bunches, and they complain about his passing. There is a balance Knight needs to reach, and this will drive him closer to reaching it by watching, but IMO, that is better done from the bench.

However, Grizz is 100% right, the majority(not all) of Knight's problems stem from poor coaching(mixed messages, etc.).

But whatever it is, now is a good time to get him on the right page!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Odd thing happened in the 3rd quarter in yesterday's game

Post  cool breeze on Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:28 pm

For the first 6 minutes of the 3rd quarter Detroit's offense went into a funk. So I started watching carefully as to why such a breakdown was occurring. Could it be all Brandon Knight's fault? For sure his shooting touch was missing in that game. However, the breakdown was not because Knight has no idea as to how to play point guard. It was because everyone with the exception of Kyle Singler were not moving on offense. Monroe looked like he was having problems keeping his eyes open or was he sleep walking? It looked like he was almost walking down the court when Detroit was on offense and failed to set up at his designed spots on the floor. That was one problem and then there was Maxiell who was also having problems running the floor as well. But it was Stuckey that caught my eye. I started to just watch Stuckey on offense for those 6 minutes. At no time did Stuckey demand the basketball. He never set a screen or moved from his initial spot on the baseline. He never attempted to help Knight out at all. Singler was running all around the floor trying hard to get open. Knight was left to dribble around to both sides until late in the shot clock, Monroe would pop out but be too far out to do anything effective. Then as soon as Bynum came in the game, Knight started to move and do the things he is paid so well to do. Stuckey has always been a sensitive guy who is extremely moody when it comes to playing ball in a consistant way. He has all the ability in the world but something has soured his desire to become the player he could become. Is he jealous of the attention Knight got the previous game when he almost got a triple double? It sure looked like there were several Piston players who had been out to a late night party and somehow forgot they had an early game. Only a few guys like Kurk Gibson are able to pull it together after staying up all night and not bothering to go to bed before a game. The great thing for basketball fans is that there are only 5 guys on the team you care about who are playing on the floor during a game. It is easy to see who is working and who cares and who doesn't care and only plays in spurts.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Everybody that hates on Knight...

Post  Oracle on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:53 pm

Will discover that ASSISTS are NOT an individual stat!

Calderon is going to struggle getting assists when playing with these butterfingered bricklayers in the starting unit!

The starting unit needs more shooters, and guys that can finish at the rim!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Monroe is BRUTAL!!!

Post  Oracle on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:02 pm

When a player is this bad, he needs to be taken out!

Why won't Frank use the Russian?
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum