Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+11
Murph
lemonpen
Oracle
cool breeze
merc
FlyDog
WTF
Sebastian
deusXango
Sparma
Grizz2
15 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Franks Drinks Falstaff, Falsely Accused Of Stinky Farts.

Post  Sissy1946 Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:20 pm

If Frank is accused of anything it's his assenine decisions to continue to start Maxi-Pads, he doesn't deserve to start. Franks decision to play Both Singler & Knight out of position is his fault hands down, why didn't he go to Joe & say we need a point guard Joe & say both Knight & Singler are out of position? Joe traded for Calderon because we needed a real point guard so we could put both Singler & Knight in their rightful positions. Joe also traded for Prince because he knew he made a bad decision on resigning him or else it was the only way to get Calderon. We are much better off but still have Frank with his assenine decision to start Maxi.
Calderon is a good deal because another reason for that is he got Prince out of Franks grasp of playing him continuous minutes he didn't deserve.
Now Prince can't slow the flow of this team, he can't dribble & dribble & dribble around this way anymore, we don't ever have to see that terrible Fake-Pump shot anymore, our prayers have been answered, he's finally gone & I'm thinking it pizz's Frank off, Now if Joe can take away his Cotton Candy Combo of Stuckey & Maxiell we'll finally be ready to move forward, we'll get more minutes for the kids & Kravtsov will finally be given a chance, these are the things gripe me about Frank plus his rotations & taking guys out to early whether their hot or not, seems like he doesn't care as long as he's moving rotations, sometimes he just doesn't make sense.
Joe says he don't butt in on Franks decisions so whether anyone believes that or not is up to them, we all know that Frank should start Drummond & that's on him being stubborn & gives us another reason to blame him for not recognizing talent & when to play them. After all he's the coach so he needs to act like one, get Drummond in the starting line up & work with Joe to get Stuckey & Maxiell off this team, with Prince, Stuckey & Maxi-Pads gone this team will be ready for the next level.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Bud Selig

Post  Grizz2 Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:01 pm

deusXango wrote:
Grizz2 wrote:Emailed em on that BS by Metta Cheap Shot ..

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Grizz, I keep telling you, YOU 'DA MAN!!!

DX I also wrote a hell-raising brimstone letter to Bud Selig and the MLPA on the absolute need for blood testing in MLB 2 years ago. The next month they started blood testing in the minor leagues . But only next season will there be random blood testing for PEDs .. Wish they had done it 10 years ago .. AND THEY SHOULD HAVE . .and they should have made names of all who cheated using PEDs public .. if only for HOF consideration .. Anyway .. Bud Selig is just as corrupt as David Stern .. I really hate both ....Both belong in prison and should share the same cell... They both have harmed the game they pretend to govern for the common good ..

Kirby Puckett is DEAD from PEDS .. and the Twins 2 titles .. KP wasnt the only was using on that team either .. means as much as the C-Heat's ... only good for wiping their ass on the can ... Still consider the 1987 Tigers World Champions ..

But the emails and letters are more for venting anger and furious self-righteousness .. Did they actually help change anyone's mind? Probably not .. but ya never know ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Lakers

Post  Grizz2 Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:04 pm

FlyDog wrote:
Grizz2 wrote:Emailed em on that BS by Metta Cheap Shot ..

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

If they had thrown Artest out of the game, which they obviously should have done, we probably beat the Lakers.

Fly .. I really hate losing to the effin Lakers .. even now .. Interesting team to follow . but dont want them beating us
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Good Points

Post  Grizz2 Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:12 pm

Sissy1946 wrote:If Frank is accused of anything it's his assenine decisions to continue to start Maxi-Pads, he doesn't deserve to start. Franks decision to play Both Singler & Knight out of position is his fault hands down, why didn't he go to Joe & say we need a point guard Joe & say both Knight & Singler are out of position? Joe traded for Calderon because we needed a real point guard so we could put both Singler & Knight in their rightful positions. Joe also traded for Prince because he knew he made a bad decision on resigning him or else it was the only way to get Calderon. We are much better off but still have Frank with his assenine decision to start Maxi.
Calderon is a good deal because another reason for that is he got Prince out of Franks grasp of playing him continuous minutes he didn't deserve.
Now Prince can't slow the flow of this team, he can't dribble & dribble & dribble around this way anymore, we don't ever have to see that terrible Fake-Pump shot anymore, our prayers have been answered, he's finally gone & I'm thinking it pizz's Frank off, Now if Joe can take away his Cotton Candy Combo of Stuckey & Maxiell we'll finally be ready to move forward, we'll get more minutes for the kids & Kravtsov will finally be given a chance, these are the things gripe me about Frank plus his rotations & taking guys out to early whether their hot or not, seems like he doesn't care as long as he's moving rotations, sometimes he just doesn't make sense.
Joe says he don't butt in on Franks decisions so whether anyone believes that or not is up to them, we all know that Frank should start Drummond & that's on him being stubborn & gives us another reason to blame him for not recognizing talent & when to play them. After all he's the coach so he needs to act like one, get Drummond in the starting line up & work with Joe to get Stuckey & Maxiell off this team, with Prince, Stuckey & Maxi-Pads gone this team will be ready for the next level.

Sissy ... Absolutely .. Max has to play from the bench and bring Drummond out there .. or Kravtsov. Frank and Joe are so WTF dumb!

The few seconds Kravtsov has played .. He looked pretty damn good ... So have English and Middleton.. What are the Detroit Pistons? A retirement home for old vets who coast on their million dollar salaries? Or are we team committed to developing its young players into contenders for the championship? What is joe and frank's goal?

If we had a Good coach .. Knight is a good PG by now .. Drummond plays instead of Jmax .. We have 15 more wins for the season, make the play-offs and Drummond is Rookie of the Year ..

The fact that the team seems to play better without Prince .. shows he should not have been signed, or at least not started and that Frank is too dumb to know who should be starting and playing off the bench ..

The fact that Caldron was traded for .. proves that Frank cannot coach (So does playing Jmax over Drummond, .. Drummond is better NOW on both sides of the court than Jmax!! by a lot .. !!)..... Really .. if you have a young player who is working his butt off and still the offense is a bog .. (See Monroe who also leaves it all on the floor) .. THEN Blaming the players just doesnt wash with young guys involved ..(WHICH FRANK DOES!) There's been 2 years to get things together .. and ... we hardly have a position that is set .. starters or back ups .. That is pretty lame ... This all bothers me even more because FRANK always blames the players .. and never himself ... or Joe ..

But since we dont have a good coach .. I am glad the trade was made .. it will show that Frank cannot run an offense much better with an experienced PG .. and has failed to develop an offensive system that works game in and game out ..

Would much have preferred Frank being fired and a good coach hired instead (of the trade) .. as now there will some guard musical chairs going on as Frank attempts to sort things out with his fragile over-bloated ego and pea-sized brain ..

I do like frank's committment to playing D and going inside .. but .. not enough to keep him ... we will still lose .. we will still fail to develop young players .. So Frank has to go ..

When Frank stops blaming the players for all our losses .. and shows some leadership and notices his effin screw ups .. I will start to blame the players .. where justifed ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty DAMN OSU GUARDS ARE TOUGH MATCH-UPS

Post  WTF Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:06 pm

Man that OSU PG has Burke locked down I think he's inside Burke's shorts he's locked in like the "Glove" . Both OSU guards are real beast defensively (Think of a backcourt of a young Payton and Dumars defensively).
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Great Game

Post  WTF Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:54 pm

DAMN GOOD GAME NO MATTER WHO WINS UM IS UP BY 1 Hardaway Jr lost his mind on 6 3's and damn if little Trey Burkes doesn't have hops....those OSU Guards Play Like The Devil
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Rosey Cheeked White Gump

Post  FlyDog Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:52 am

Nice win.........but for Burke to be continually punked by that slow white midget is kinda embarrassing. They both looked destined for the D-League. Maybe they can room together? Sorry Wise.........just not feeling it with Burke. Hardaway, Stauskus and McGary look like the future NBA guys to me.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty C'mon Man!!!!!...............

Post  FlyDog Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:57 am

WISEFAN wrote:Man that OSU PG has Burke locked down I think he's inside Burke's shorts he's locked in like the "Glove" . Both OSU guards are real beast defensively (Think of a backcourt of a young Payton and Dumars defensively).

Payton and Dumars? Try Starski and Hutch........
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty They Say They Are Best Defensively

Post  WTF Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:06 am

FlyDog wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Man that OSU PG has Burke locked down I think he's inside Burke's shorts he's locked in like the "Glove" . Both OSU guards are real beast defensively (Think of a backcourt of a young Payton and Dumars defensively).

LOL! okay Stuckey and Hunter Very Happy
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  WTF Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:24 am

FlyDog wrote:Nice win.........but for Burke to be continually punked by that slow white midget is kinda embarrassing. They both looked destined for the D-League. Maybe they can room together? Sorry Wise.........just not feeling it with Burke. Hardaway, Stauskus and McGary look like the future NBA guys to me.

I don't know Fly, this kid is the only one to shut Burke down like that. Burke usually has he way with other PG's.

White: Yes, Midget: Yes, Slow: No......Burke must have felt like he had a Demon Possed Midget in his short he couldn't shake him.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Aaron Craft

Post  WTF Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:41 am

I know some of you are not feeling Burke, but last Big Ten player to put up the numbers Burke has was named Erving Johnson. I'm not saying he'll be Magic but they're not calling Burke the best in all of college for nothing.

For a moment I backdown some because I was thinking slow white kid also, then I realized Craft really is a good defender because he put the claps on Hardaway and Robinson a few times as well..
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:19 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
lemonpen wrote:Would you give up Cory Magettee and his $10 mil expiring contract for (drum roll please) ..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Danny Grainger who is recovering from a knee injury. Grainger is owed $13 mil this year and $14 Mil next year. He is 29 yrs old and at his peak.

Why would the Pacers do it? Cap Space, and more likely the emergence of Paul Geroge at the same position & 1/5 the cost ($3M)

I would do it. Grainger is an All Star caliber SF who plays all aspects of the game well, and he has uber shooting range. If unable to play up to par next year, he is still a $14 mil place holder for next summers FA pool. I like the idea of distributing the cap space over 2 summers.

Good question lemonpen, I guess it would depend on how bad that knee was and how well it (the healing)progressed. However the big problem Indy wouldn't want to trade him in the same conference yet alone the same division so I don't see it..

Grainger is supposed to return before the All Star break.
We have knocked off two conference trades this season (Toronto & Charlotte) but as you indicate Indiana might may not be as willing.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty It's early, but...

Post  Oracle Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:06 pm

I think I can answer this question!

"ESPN.com: Andre Drummond still has lots to learn but he could end up being the best player to emerge from the NBA Draft Class of 2012, writes David Thorpe. "Andre Drummond has been a revelation. Not only is he playing like someone who should have been the second pick in the draft (instead of the ninth), but he has executives and coaches thinking he can be the best player from this class. Yes, better than No. 1 pick and national collegiate player of the year Anthony Davis.""

Drummond WILL be better and more dominant than Davis... book it!

Just saw this: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Last edited by Oracle on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited to add article)
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:02 pm

Oracle wrote:I think I can answer this question!

"ESPN.com: Andre Drummond still has lots to learn but he could end up being the best player to emerge from the NBA Draft Class of 2012, writes David Thorpe. "Andre Drummond has been a revelation. Not only is he playing like someone who should have been the second pick in the draft (instead of the ninth), but he has executives and coaches thinking he can be the best player from this class. Yes, better than No. 1 pick and national collegiate player of the year Anthony Davis.""

You're fall down drunk on the kool-aid. lol lol lol

Feels good dosen't it.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Already Thinking About Summer

Post  WTF Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:34 pm

My biggest wish it that Drummond spends a ton of time with Hakeem and a FT Coach this summer. If we are intended on keeping Monroe I suggest he does the same in fact it should be an requirement of all young bigs to fork over the $200,000.00 or whatever it is to spend the summer with him.

The organization should strongly consider hiring Ewing as Lead Assistant Coach considering we have Monroe, Drummond and Kravstov. I really would'nt be oppose to making him Head Coach once LF is likely gone next season.

Speaking of camps, Zeke should have an off season camp.

Last edited by WISEFAN on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Higher Hopes For Drummond

Post  WTF Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:00 pm

I like the Superman III thing, but I would like it more if Drummond was more of a Traditional Big with a for real post game. IMO I think Drummond can be better than both Shaq and Howard, especially Howard if he puts in tyhe effort to be Special.

Sitting here watching YouTube video of Ewing and I can see Drummond playing just the way ewing did offensively and even better defensively. Howard is a waste of space because never was ambitious enough to expand on his game and he had ewing right there. Shaq has title and power was his game he didn't need anything else and Drummond will never be Shaq size, but he already looks like a young Patrick.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyDog Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:13 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
FlyDog wrote:

LOL! okay Stuckey and Hunter Very Happy

Craft did do an excellent job on Burke.........kinda shocking. Can't always judge a book by it's cover. UM has several guys who might someday star in the NBA, including Burke. I think they should make a conscious effort to set screens for Stauskus early in the game to help open things up a bit.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Lemon

Post  Oracle Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:20 pm

lemonpen wrote:

You're fall down drunk on the kool-aid. lol lol lol

Feels good dosen't it.

Yeah, Kool-Aid isn't worth drinking unless it's spiked lol!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Good comparison

Post  Grizz2 Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:39 pm

WISEFAN wrote:

I like the Superman III thing, but I would like it more if Drummond was more of a Traditional Big with a for real post game. IMO I think Drummond can be better than both Shaq and Howard, especially Howard if he puts in tyhe effort to be Special.

Sitting here watching YouTube video of Ewing and I can see Drummond playing just the way ewing did offensively and even better defensively. Howard is a waste of space because never was ambitious enough to expand on his game and he had ewing right there. Shaq has title and power was his game he didn't need anything else and Drummond will never be Shaq size, but he already looks like a young Patrick.

Cynic .. good comparison of Ewing and Drummond ... Yep .. we have high hopes for this guy.. the player with the most talent many of us have ever seen in a Piston player ... Isaiah Thomas is the only one who comes close that I can think of ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Wise

Post  Oracle Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:48 pm

Yeah, I don't think of him getting Shaq big, but being better than Howard... that should be easy to do!

Drummond does need serious coaching on his post game, even the Russian is way ahead of him there, but coaching won't get you speed and talent.

But a Drummond with post moves is going to be a dangerous beast!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty SHEEEEEEED!

Post  FlyDog Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:51 pm

Grizz2 wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:

Cynic .. good comparison of Ewing and Drummond ... Yep .. we have high hopes for this guy.. the player with the most talent many of us have ever seen in a Piston player ... Isaiah Thomas is the only one who comes close that I can think of ..

Rasheed was awfully talented. If it weren't for chronically sore feet, he'd be heading to the HOF.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:51 pm

It shouldn't be hard for DRE to be effective in the post... because he has excellent hands he just needs to pick up a baby hook... he'll have no problem sealing defenders off (booty wurk)... he'll need a counter like an up-and-under.
Thank God he didn't show much offense in college... thank you idiot GM's... Marvin will be sending your checks soon enough.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty IN THE POST, AROUND THE PAINT

Post  deusXango Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:04 pm

Oracle wrote:Yeah, I don't think of him getting Shaq big, but being better than Howard... that should be easy to do!

Drummond does need serious coaching on his post game, even the Russian is way ahead of him there, but coaching won't get you speed and talent.

But a Drummond with post moves is going to be a dangerous beast!!!
Oracle, this is the reason why I started early in the season talking about sending Drummond to "The Master" Olajuwan; there's no one like Drummond in the game today (raw athletcism, speed, reflexes, and power), he's like a sponge now, ready to absorb what's given to him. With the proper mentoring, he can be the best defensive big man, since the great Bill Russell left the game, and offensively he can be better than Ewing, Shaq, and Howard. His natural God given abilities are closer to Olajuwan's than anyone who's gone to him thus far, and could easily become the poster child of what Hakeem is teaching; Olajuwan is a mentally tough, devout man, who practices all facets of good health which would be just as valuable for our franchise player, in the long run, as the development of his game. i'm keeping in mind his tender years, and lack of colligate and pro experience; once this man his taught, there'll be none who can touch him. Much as I like Greg Monroe, I don't think he'll be able to provide the defensive presence Drummond would require for this team to go all the way to the top, once he got up on his game.

I'd been talking about LaMarcus Aldridge, but now I'm back to thinking Josh Smith...he can be had in a trade, if Joe would only do it. Smith is more of a PF than a SF anyway, and the things he and Drummond could do together, defensively, would be astounding, and we could get more value out of Singler's game. Trade for Smith, and re-sign him and Calderon, and barter for the 2nd or 3rd pick in the draft for Ben McLemore...that's not instant championship but, it's a helluva start back up the road of respectability.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Why in the world was Drummond...

Post  Oracle Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:24 pm

Allowed to play in the first place?

Is Arnie slipping? I was shocked when he was cleared so quickly, because back injuries aren't something you EVER play with!

Real Dumb!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty POWER move by Kravtsov

Post  Oracle Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:30 pm

Wow, this kid may be raw, but I LOVE his game!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next