FORUM

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  merc on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:43 am

Murph wrote:
merc wrote:Quick hit about that forum... it was the original Web forum in Detroit (about 1997/98)... when I came in there were close to 10 regulars... G-Man, Max, Ty, Lee356 & Buddha come to mind (the guy from Indiana escapes me)... Lee was pissin' folks off way back then... we used to have some epic battles... there was no censorship for a while... those mods didn't give a **** (kinda like here thankfully)... Don ,Bills, Oracle, Murph joined soon after... that was a lively bunch... a lot of trolls from other playoff towns would cause some serious flame wars like you couldn't believe (remember Murph lol)... my favorite poster from another town was a respectful gentleman from Boston... what the hell was his name? (he called his team the C's)... lil help from the old posters please.
So who can name all of the Alternators?

I first started lurking in 2002, and posting in 2003. My very first post was the night Darko made his NBA debute, and I posed the question, "who would trade Darko right now for Carmelo Anthony, straight up?" Oracle immediately torched me for that one. wpn (Oracle has mellowed considerably since then. But haven't we all?)

The guys from Indiana were skinobleville and rocco. Roscoe was always a regular, although his handle has changed several times. Mad Hatter was also a regular...and a local food critic. Yes...the guy from Boston was GreenMachine. I always thought Basketbills had the best sense of humor.

But the funniest had to be Lee356 and all the Carlos Arroyo groupies from the Miami and NYC areas. Lee and his muppets would get all the rest of the Arroyo groupies all wound up, and they would chatter away in Spanish. Too funny... lol

The Alternators? Atkins, Barry, Williamson...and...Rebracca?...and who else...Cardinal?
That sounds about right for the alternators... the guy from Indy I was thinking of was Cloudwlkr... Buckeyes used take some heat being from Toledo... Bills was indeed our local comedian... remember a poster name Zep????... and of course our Motown girl Armygirl.
You and ski used to go at it pretty good... then the Pistons would kick the Pacers arse and he'd go into hiding for a few months :^)
merc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  merc on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:46 am

FlyDog wrote:Uncle Ty, GettUMadd, UP, Big C............gulp..........that A-Hole THA SHOW.......maybe even Internationel Player.......just a little. Even though he had me banned several times. Pussy.
Big Cee was one of the 1st posters on the board.
IP, used to crack me up with his crazy BS
merc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

QUESTION MERC

Post  deusXango on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:16 am

merc wrote:
Oracle wrote:Don't read this if you're a Stuckey, Knight, or Bynum fan, you may get your feelings hurt!

DX will love it because Machado gets a crap load of love!

Not only is the article good and loaded with some analysis of our current guard and frontcourt situation, even the comments are sweet!

Surprisingly, no mention of SF's.

SB Nation Free Agent Day: Detroit Pistons look ahead
The guy at SB Nation doesn't understand the CBA... if a team is under the cap they forfeit their exceptions... the MLE will not be available next year... just the cap room.

Can't the team use the MLE once the CAP is exhausted? How is it that some NBA teams get so far over the CAP but, we worry about the CAP (leaving us horrible cheap skates and non-competitive buyers of talent)?
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  merc on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:26 am

deusXango wrote:
merc wrote:
Oracle wrote:Don't read this if you're a Stuckey, Knight, or Bynum fan, you may get your feelings hurt!

Not only is the article good and loaded with some analysis of our current guard and frontcourt situation, even the comments are sweet!

The guy at SB Nation doesn't understand the CBA... if a team is under the cap they forfeit their exceptions... the MLE will not be available next year... just the cap room.

Can't the team use the MLE once the CAP is exhausted? How is it that some NBA teams get so far over the CAP but, we worry about the CAP (leaving us horrible cheap skates and non-competitive buyers of talent)?
When you're under the cap you can either use the cap space (by renouncing all exceptions) or use your exceptions... but not both.
merc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Old Farts

Post  lemonpen on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:54 am

Gilmango from San Fran
DaveEBaller from GRap
Big Sport Man from Sterling Heights
Darko Darko
Armchair QB from Ann Arbor

Nobody could piss you off like old Lee357.

Hey Murph remember this.

Posted: Sun. 10/31/04 10:29 AM
City: Greenwich, CT USA
Subject: Predictions
Comments:
Lee, if I understand it correctly, you are taking Eastern Conference predictions up until the regular season starts. With that in mind, I would like to revise my previous predictions.
1) Detroit
2) Indy
3) Miami
4) NY
5) Orlando
6) Phily
7) Cleveland
9) Milwaukee
lemonpen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Good O' Day's

Post  WTF on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:05 pm

FlyDog wrote:Uncle Ty, GettUMadd, UP, Big C............gulp..........that A-Hole THA SHOW.......maybe even Internationel Player.......just a little. Even though he had me banned several times. Pussy.

Yeah THA SHOW oh self-righteous prick know it all where the hell are you? Oracle tries to feel in at least once a week but it not the same Very Happy Show and Oracle would gang up on me often. My first fight was with The Council of Nine I was about to call my FBI friends and hunt his ass down.

How can we forget Nature? and Man I miss Wolverine and PC they were the Good Guy's.
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ALL INDICATORS POINT TO THE FACT (our wait & see attitude) WE'RE DESTINED TO REMAIN MEDIOCRE

Post  deusXango on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:48 pm

I've been reading posts, by an uncomfortable amount of fans, responding to Joe's stand on holding onto this "financial flexability" in the summer of 2013.
Bull (balderdash, hog-wash) sh!t. That's double talk for stating he won't be a major player on the trade market, by the trade deadline. Sorry Murph. GM's that are rebuilding their teams would use our combination of expiring contracts, and promising youthful players, to make at least one blockbuster trade (ala Houston) to elavate their franchise to contention. Not our Joe, he's a different sort of animal.

Not only will we not be making any trades that really make a difference, the upcoming FA market is tailor made to make an ass out of a GM, like Joe Dumars...there's no one there to meet our needs, and to see that, one only has to have the ability to read! Jose Calderon, are you kidding me?! He's over-priced, and sitting the bench on the Raptors (at 32 years old) but, he's going to make a difference here? We've already got a younger Jarret Jack in Brandon Knight, the only difference being, Knight is a better shooter...both are backup "combo guards" who come cheaper than Rodney Stuckey. All have low BB I.Q.'s. Thanks for the feed Oracle, because it let me know that more than I feel the need for a "pass first PG," and Scott Machado is someone Joe should be making room for now! He's cost effective, and something the Pistons can build on...all he needs is a chance (is Stuckey the only player that can get a chance around here?). I agree Wise, why don't we get PG's that are PG's, instead of trying to manufacture them out of "combos."

What did we sign Kravtsov for? Did we really need a Russian in a suit, on the bench? Why do we keep kicking Villanueva? His contributions aren't sufficient to get off his ass? Why aren't we talking about trade possibilities for players under contract, like Prince, Stuckey, and Jerebko? Are they sacred cows? Why??!! Am I crazy to think they'd be worth at least one expiring contract, plus a mid to late first rounder? Has our GM's reputation, for bending over, grown to the point that a decent trade is out of the question? I know Sebastian is crazy about Rudy Gay but, no one on this forum has love for any of the other young SF's like, Derrick Williams, Jeffrey Taylor, or Moe Harkless (just ot name a few)? For all the recent excitement, does everyone realize, if the season ended today, we're out of the playoffs and have the 8th or 9th pick again? Who feels satisfied with building our team with late lottery picks, no skilled players for essential skilled positions, under-sized big men, a GM who refuses to infuse talent upgrades on the team, and all this held together by rhetoric spewed by a lame ass coach? I ask these questions because I don't enjoy rooting for "also rans" every year...it sucks!!
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Old Farts...

Post  Murph on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:19 pm

lemonpen wrote:Gilmango from San Fran
DaveEBaller from GRap
Darko Darko

Hey Murph remember this.

Comments:
Lee, if I understand it correctly, you are taking Eastern Conference predictions up until the regular season starts. With that in mind, I would like to revise my previous predictions.
1) Detroit
2) Indy
3) Miami
4) NY
5) Orlando
6) Phily
7) Cleveland
9) Milwaukee

Wow...lemonpen, how and why did you manage to save that? My pre-season prediction were so bad, that I finally had to give up making them altogether, because they were so embarrassing. And those predictions of mine from the 2004-05 season were no exception. That year, the real EC ended like this:
1) Miami
2) Detroit
3) Boston
4) Chicago
5) DC
6) Indy
7) Phily
8. NJ

Man...I wasn't even close.

Fly...who was the friend of yours from the Lions and the Piston forums who passed away a couple of years ago? Was that DaveEBaller?

Also, does anyone remember Massimo? He was a huge fan of Darko, Okur, Rebracca and all euros, in general.
Murph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

KG Should Be Suspended As Well

Post  WTF on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:26 pm

If KG had told a fan in the stands that his wife tasted like Honey Nut Cherrios what do you think who have happened? The league would have fined and suspended him That's What!!!

It shouldn't be okay that he said it to a player either and the league should suspend or at least hold him down while Melo whips his ass. I wonder if he use to talk crap to Shaq....hmmmmm... or Big Ben or Sheed, Duncan
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  merc on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:31 pm

Yeah I gotta know how lemon managed to pull that outta the archives... why didn't we save some of Lee's gems... you know.. the Pepe fetish... Zelly was better than Shaq etc.
merc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ain't Technology Great

Post  lemonpen on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:49 pm

merc wrote:Yeah I gotta know how lemon managed to pull that outta the archives... why didn't we save some of Lee's gems... you know.. the Pepe fetish... Zelly was better than Shaq etc.
Like that. Here's some more. Low and behold yours truely is included.

Posted: Thu. 04/22/04 04:28 PM
City: Clare, Mi USA
Comments: Coming Up
I'm gonna go ahead and post all of the preseason predictions that I had copied down...I'm sure Lee will have more to add...these are time stamped so ya can't say you didn't type it :^)
It's broken down into two seperat posts due to the size..fair warning it's gonna flood the board...but it's kinda interesting to see what guessed good and bad.

Posted: Sat. 09/20/03 01:44 PM From: SlickRick City: Detroit, MI USA Subject: Playoffs????? Comments: I know it's early but based on the offseason who do you all think will be going to the playoffs from the EAST? (Plus to get off of RC/MC/RW for a minute) Here are my picks. 1. Detroit 2. New Jersey 3. Philly 4. New Orleans 5. Boston 6. Orlando 7. Toronto 8. Chicago or Indiana (They will fight it out)

Posted: Sat. 09/20/03 02:10 PM From: Darko Darko City: Windsor, Ontario, Canada Subject: SlickRick Comments: My picks: East: 1. Detroit, 2. New Jersey, 3. Philadelphia, 4. Orlando, 5. New Orleans, 6. Boston, 7. Toronto, 8. Miami. West: 1. Sacramento, 2. Dallas, 3. Lakers, 4. Minnesota, 5. San Antonio, 6. Phoenix, 7. Houston, 8. Portland

Posted: Sat. 09/20/03 03:08 PM From: DaveEBaller City: Grand Rapids, MI USA Subject: Predictions Comments: 1.Detroit 2. New Jersey 3. New Orleans 4. Indiana 5. Orlando 6. Philadelphia 7. Boston 8. Washington

Posted: Sat. 09/20/03 03:14 PM From: ZosoZep4 City: grand rapids, mi USA Subject: Playoffs Comments: Here's my prediction... 1. New Jersey 2. Detroit 3. Philly 4. New Orleans 5. Indiana 6. Boston 7. Orlando 8. Chicago or Toronto

From: Jhazan2k2 City: Detroit, MI USA Subject: Hey boys Comments: Predictions: 1)Jersey - Just too good 2)Detroit - Will struggle out of the gates, but be head and shoulders above all but the lakers and kings come playoffs. 3)Boston - Look for that fat*ss to have a career year 4)Philly - Also dangerous, although coaching situation is questionable and they will be upset first round. 5)Orlando - Look for them to be dangerous after the all-star break... T-Mac to Howard (actually vise versa) 6)New Orleans - Won't do anything, never have never will. 7)Indiana - Will take us to 7 in the first round... With a solid point guard they will be tough (but we will win because Ricky eats it). 8)Chicago - Will edge out Toronto as Vince Carter will be out half the season with some BS injury and clubbin instead of showing to support his team.

Posted: Sat. 09/20/03 10:46 PM From: Erq05.9 City: Detroit, Mi USA 1.Nets(they'll be steady all year round, chip on shoulders) 2.Pistons(I'll be real happy with this especially if Darko is developed properly to contribute come playoffs) 3.Hornets(You gotta figure there due for a healthy, productive season) 4.Orlando(Sleeper pick at this spot due to others failures) 5.Indiana(Read number 4 comments) 6.Philly(I seriously doubt they'll get it together to get this high up) 7.Boston (Yikes! I personally don't want to see this but we'll stick it to em in 5 HARD fought games ) 8.New York(Arenas's prediction wont come true but just barely only if healthy or else lotto time) West Co. 1.Spurs(champions stand true Hedo is an all-star) 2.Laker(hate to have them this high but have you SEEN there lineup!) 3.Kings(the healthy kings trains rolls on 55 wins) 4.Wolves(Flip Saunders gets coach of the year for keeping this wild ship afloat) 5.Mavs(team offense cant get home court but still gets up enough juice to knock off the Wolves and Garnett will be so depressed he'll have to sign with the pistons...wishfull thinking I know) 6.Suns(great talented team but in the west no way they do any better 7.Rockets(Van Gundy steers his ship right through planet Yao and the rest of the team is all aboard! 8.Portland(a few in-house implosions should land them right here or worse, dont be suprised.)

Posted: Sun. 09/21/03 12:37 AM From: lee357 City: flint, mi USA Subject: hi Comments: I will make my prediction: Det,Orl,NJ,NO,Philly,Boston,Indiana,Chicago

Posted: Sun. 09/21/03 03:28 PM From: loonytoon City: Midland, MI USA Subject: Prediction Comments: 1. Pistons 2. Nets 3. Hornets 4. Magic 5. Pacers 6. 76ers 7. Knicks 8. Bulls

Posted: Mon. 09/22/03 12:04 PM From: J. Will City: Detroit, MI USA 1. New Jersey, they got all the veteran talent in the world 2. Detroit 3. New Orleans, there chemistry will make them an instant contender 4. Boston, there chemistry will make them a contender 5. Chicago, which is my sleeper team. 6. Indiana, which will be the team that will blow up and fall 7. Philadephia, the addition of Marc Jackson and Glenn Robinson will be huge, but can Coach Ayers coach, and can Robinson play D 8. New York, when McDyess come back along with Van Horn and Houston they should have the most deadly inside out combo in the Eastern Conference... next to the Pistons that is, lol 9. Orlando, they still need a center, but if they sign Jon Ameachi watch out 10. Toronto, there season all depends on Vince Carter 11. Washington, they need to find reality 12. Miami, small ball has never won in the NBA 13. Clevland, young and raw, but at the end of the year they will be playoff position killers 14. Milwaukee, Tim Thomas will be an All Star, but give Ford, D. Mason, and Redd a year and they will be the new Porter, Drexler, and Petrovic combo, according to Coach Porter 15. Atlanta, This team is just horrid, and Rahim has not proved to be a winner yet in this league

Posted: Mon. 09/22/03 12:10 PM From: UncleTy City: Southfield, MI USA Subject: 2003-2004 predictions... Comments: Well here goes folks: 1.Detroit (Conference Champions) 2.Jersey 3.Boston 4.New Orleans 5.Indiana 6.Philadelphia 7.Orlando 8.Miami

Posted: Mon. 09/22/03 12:20 PM From: ArmchairQB City: Ann Arbor, MI USA Subject: Selections Comments: Mercury - My forecast is: NJ, Detroit, Indiana, Boston, Philadelphia, New Orleans (Tim Floyd), Orlando (T-Mac injury), Toronto.

Posted: Mon. 09/22/03 11:21 AM From: Mercury City: Clare, Mi USA Subject: Predictions Merc's predictions 1)NJ 2)Det 3)N.O. 4)Boston 5)Orlando 6)Indiana 7) Philly 8)Chicago

Posted: Mon. 09/22/03 01:09 PM From: CeeGrif City: taylor, mi usa Subject: '04 Predictions Comments: Alright, I have looked into the future and this is what I saw: 1. NJ 2. DET 3. INDY 4. NEW ORL. 5. BOS 6. PHILA 7. ORL 8. CHIC

Posted: Mon. 09/22/03 01:24 PM From: brooklyn45 City: Brooklyn, NY USA Subject: predictions Comments: 1. New Jersey 2. Detroit 3. New Orleans 4. Philadelphia 5. Indiana 6. Orlando 7. Boston 8. New York

Posted: Mon. 09/22/03 01:33 PM From: #1pistonfan City: Hazel Park, MI USA Subject: 2004 predictions Comments: 1. DETROIT 2. NJ 3. Boston 4. Orlando 5. N.O. 6. Phili 7. Indy 8. Chicago 9. Toronto 10. Miami

Posted: Mon. 09/22/03 02:16 PM From: bluecollar City: Detroit, mi USA Subject: Predictions Comments: East: 1. Nets 2.Pistons 3.Celtics 4.Sixers 5.Pacers 6.Magic 7.Hornets 8.Washington West: 1.Spurs 2.Lakers 3.Kings 4.Timberwolves 5.Mavericks 6.Suns 7.Blazers 8.Rockets

Posted: Mon. 09/22/03 02:49 PM From: armygirl City: ft sill, ok USA Subject: J.will and predictions . Detroit, too many weapons, Darko will surprise many Tay is going to be the beast of the east 2. New Jersey - will fall because of chemistry, too many off-season issues, can you spell hold a grudge for comments made during the off-season. Mourning will not hold up period. 3. Charlotte - Always pesky, not many off-season moves, but mashburn if healthy will carry the team as usual. Will miss P.J. 4. Philadelphia - only if Glenn Robinson and Iverson can co-exist, they both want the ball all the time 5. Celtics 6. Pacers 7. Washington - Cinderella team, Juan Dixon and a healthy J. Jeffries and if Kwame gets serious about the rock, look out. Click here to post your comments

Posted: Mon. 09/22/03 04:27 PMFrom: MrJames City: Oak Park, MI USASubject: PredictionsComments: East:1. Pistons 2. Nets 3. Magic (I know some will disagree, but if T-Mac stays healthy....) 4. Celtics 5. 76ers (They'll take a step back with a new coach and working Big Dog into the system) 6. Pacers (Depending on the changes that Bird and Rock Head make) 7. Chicago (Sleeper of the East) 8. Battle to the wire between the Hornets and Wizards for this spot. I'll give it to NO, but I don't really see it with Tim Floyd coaching them so Areanas may make good on his promise.

Posted: Thu. 09/25/03 04:53 PM From: Norm City: AnnArbor, MI USA Subject: my picks Comments: Lee, put me down for 1) Det, 2) Bos, 3) NJ, 4) Ind, 5) Tor, 6) Sixers, 7) Orl, Cool Chic

Posted: Thu. 09/25/03 12:56 PM From: lemonpen City: Southfield, MI USA Subject: Picks Comments: Lee put me down for the following 1) New Jersey, 2) Detroit, 3) Orlando, 4) Boston, 5) Philadelphia, 6) Indiana, 7) New York, Cool New Orleans (Tim Floyd fired after 25 games).

Posted: Thu. 09/25/03 09:16 AM From: basketbills City: Saginaw, MI USA Subject: picks Comments: Milwaukee, Atlanta, Cleveland...wait I was doing it backwards. Detroit, Jersey, Indy, Orlando, Philly, Boston, Chicago, New Orleans.
lemonpen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyDog on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:50 pm

Murph wrote:
lemonpen wrote:Gilmango from San Fran
DaveEBaller from GRap
Darko Darko

Hey Murph remember this.

Comments:
1) Detroit
2) Indy
3) Miami
4) NY
5) Orlando
6) Phily
7) Cleveland
9) Milwaukee

Wow...lemonpen, how and why did you manage to save that? My pre-season prediction were so bad, that I finally had to give up making them altogether, because they were so embarrassing. And those predictions of mine from the 2004-05 season were no exception. That year, the real EC ended like this:
1) Miami
2) Detroit
3) Boston
4) Chicago
5) DC
6) Indy
7) Phily
8. NJ

Man...I wasn't even close.

Fly...who was the friend of yours from the Lions and the Piston forums who passed away a couple of years ago? Was that DaveEBaller?

Also, does anyone remember Massimo? He was a huge fan of Darko, Okur, Rebracca and all euros, in general.

Murph, I think you're referring to Fox Mulder, AKA Banned On The Run. That guy was great........a real laugh riot. Speaking of PC, I have TC's email, who was good friends with PC. I'll try to recruit both of them here.
FlyDog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lee357

Post  FlyDog on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:53 pm

Hi.
FlyDog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  merc on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:01 pm

Lemon, I'll be damned Shocked ... you da man rockon
merc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  merc on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:02 pm

FlyDog wrote:Hi.
He he
merc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lee 356/357: Raised by Vampires?

Post  Oracle on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:54 pm

I always thought Lee was raised by Vampires! Why? Well for those not on the boards in the olden days, Lee recounted his childhood for us.

Lee grew up in Flint, and his best buds were Black! Lee played with his buddies for years, and always believed he was black! Then one day when he was 9 years old, he caught a glimpse of himself and was shocked to find out that he was White!

Now of course the forum had a HARD time believing this story, but Lee swore it was true, stuck by it, and never changed it over the years! So either he had no mirrors in his home(Vampire theory), or the dude was totally blind until his 9th birthday, lol!

Other Leeisms:

His claim to fame during his high school basketball playing days was that he REGULARLY could drain shots from half court! You could NEVER leave Lee unguarded, and guarding his was your only hope, as useless as that may be!

Rodney White had the fastest hands on record, faster than Michael Jordan. Pepe Sanchez was a world class guard! Alexander was the greatest center NOT to make the HOF(or even the NBA).

In short, Lee keep you rolling when he wasn't directing his Muppets(PR's and otherwise).
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stuff

Post  Oracle on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:08 pm

@lemonpen - Yikes, those were some incredable blasts from the past!!!

@Wise - Damn right KG should be suspended as well! KG is too good to keep pulling that clown act! STFU and play!!!

@Murph - Yeah, I remember Massimo, he provided a lot of Euro coverage! And yes, we all have mellowed(more like grown up, lol) over the years!

@Fly - please do recruit them, we can express ourselves so much better over here!

@DX - I think the FA crop is good enough, and that we will do something that will alter our trajectory. I think the main thing I took away from that article is the growing concensus that right now Knight isn't the PG we need, and won't be for a few years.

On top of that, Stuckey is showing that he is a great PG off the bench, but probably not the one you want starting(but could). Surprisingly, it's Bynum that's the best of the three when he's playing right, but of course that's not often enough!

Joe has consistently ignored getting they type of PG we need, and opted for the Great Combo Hope type.

I do believe that Knight has the intelligence(like Chauncey) to make the switch, but he's going to need a Larry Brown type encounter to make it happen... tough love baby!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Monroe/Drummond

Post  Oracle on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:17 pm

If Monroe can develop his mid range shooting game, then a paring of Drummond & Monroe would work really well, because Monroe could shoot, pass, or drive from the high post.

However, it all breaks down if you aren't a threat to shoot. If they don't believe that, they're dare you to shoot, and play the percentages!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:37 pm

Well I read it Oracle. One mistake being made by some fans is over estimating the players that both Knight and Stuckey are playing with. If you are a pass first point guard, then you need players around you who want the rock and know what to do with it when you pass it to them. That is the main issue on this team. Who can create their own shot? Who can move without the basketball on a consistant basis and get open so you can pass the damn ball. Do you set up Maxiell for his lethal jumper that Dumars has talked about? How about Monroe. Does he move well without the basketball? I keep shuddering when any of our guards have to pass the ball to Monroe when he goes out on the wing for an entry pass. Monroe fails to move his feet towards the pass. His defender knows where the ball needs to go so if you are Monroe, you have to block out your man and make a strong move to the basketball especially during crunch time. That doesn't happen. Why are the coaches not providing this instruction to Monroe???? Where the the plays for Singler. He could be a guy who help the offense but not when Frank's offense does not include him. The only option is Prince who is doubled often. It is easy to say all these profound things but I never hear anyone backing them up with actual facts that fit this team. Billups could pass the ball to Hamilton, Rasheed, McDyess and Prince who were all capable offensive players. Remember when Billups had problems running the offense when Michael Curry played? Now our idiot coach is playing one side of the floor by design and it causes the point guard to look really bad. Before throwing Brandon Knight to the wolves, bring in a coach who can design an offense and more capable offensive players. Isn't it a stitch that Joe Dumars decided that defense wasn't important and loaded his team with horrible defenders thinking he had some really talented offensive players. Instead he signed players who can't play either end well.

With this same group, Chris Paul couldn't make a difference. However, I would really like Joe Dumars to sign Darren Collison. Indiana really made a huge mistake letting him go. I want him really bad. This guy again has a high basketball IQ and is a really good defender and play maker. Right now, Scott Machado is inexperienced and cannot make an NBA team. However, Detroit has nothing to lose by doing what they need to do to sign him. I sure would love to have Splitter as well. Guys like Splitter or Wright would make our current point guards look so much better. Expectations are high and knowledge is not important to many fans. Got to win now at all cost so why not give away Affalo, Budinger, Amir Johnson. Yes, just look how well this Chicago free agent Ben Gordon played in the playoffs. And Charlie V cannot miss from long range. We got to make changes. I am sick of made judgement by our leader Joe Dumars. I hope he stays the course with Knight, Singler and the others we never get to see play.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Don, I agree!

Post  Oracle on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:05 pm

cool breeze wrote:Well I read it Oracle. One mistake being made by some fans is over estimating the players that both Knight and Stuckey are playing with. If you are a pass first point guard, then you need players around you who want the rock and know what to do with it when you pass it to them. That is the main issue on this team. Who can create their own shot? Who can move without the basketball on a consistant basis and get open so you can pass the damn ball. Do you set up Maxiell for his lethal jumper that Dumars has talked about? How about Monroe. Does he move well without the basketball? I keep shuddering when any of our guards have to pass the ball to Monroe when he goes out on the wing for an entry pass. Monroe fails to move his feet towards the pass. His defender knows where the ball needs to go so if you are Monroe, you have to block out your man and make a strong move to the basketball especially during crunch time. That doesn't happen. Why are the coaches not providing this instruction to Monroe???? Where the the plays for Singler. He could be a guy who help the offense but not when Frank's offense does not include him. The only option is Prince who is doubled often. It is easy to say all these profound things but I never hear anyone backing them up with actual facts that fit this team. Billups could pass the ball to Hamilton, Rasheed, McDyess and Prince who were all capable offensive players. Remember when Billups had problems running the offense when Michael Curry played? Now our idiot coach is playing one side of the floor by design and it causes the point guard to look really bad. Before throwing Brandon Knight to the wolves, bring in a coach who can design an offense and more capable offensive players. Isn't it a stitch that Joe Dumars decided that defense wasn't important and loaded his team with horrible defenders thinking he had some really talented offensive players. Instead he signed players who can't play either end well.

With this same group, Chris Paul couldn't make a difference. However, I would really like Joe Dumars to sign Darren Collison. Indiana really made a huge mistake letting him go. I want him really bad. This guy again has a high basketball IQ and is a really good defender and play maker. Right now, Scott Machado is inexperienced and cannot make an NBA team. However, Detroit has nothing to lose by doing what they need to do to sign him. I sure would love to have Splitter as well. Guys like Splitter or Wright would make our current point guards look so much better. Expectations are high and knowledge is not important to many fans. Got to win now at all cost so why not give away Affalo, Budinger, Amir Johnson. Yes, just look how well this Chicago free agent Ben Gordon played in the playoffs. And Charlie V cannot miss from long range. We got to make changes. I am sick of made judgement by our leader Joe Dumars. I hope he stays the course with Knight, Singler and the others we never get to see play.

I posted Knights average assists, and they were surprinsingly high for the group he's working with, a brick layers union if I ever saw one!

That's not to excuse Knight from the horrible job he's doing in most phases of his PG duties. However, unlike others, I see this as growing pains! Knight is too good for this to stay the same, and this is not, IMO, another case like Stuckey!

Having said that, I do believe that Knight is about 2-3 years away, and I'm backing you 1000% on Darren Collison, I much prefer him to Machado, even though Machado, like Knight, is a few years away from being productive!

Singler is another case! Singler is NBA ready(mentally), but he needs to be played in his natural position! He player PF in college, and now we want him to ba a SG??? Please, he's beginning to look awfully stupid there!

Singler also needs to be brought along properly, and that means coming off the bench for Prince, and waiting his time to get a chance to compete for the start.

We need to move English to the starting SG unless Stuckey wants it, which I don't recommend, I like Stuckey as the 2nd unit PG!

BTW, everything could change depending on any moves Joe makes by the deadline!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  merc on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:21 pm

Don, Collison is at the top of my wish list too.... Knight slides to SG/backup PG... Stuckey moved for a SF like Chandler... draft a stretch 4 that can defend.
merc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Poor Knight My Arse He's No Victim

Post  WTF on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:57 pm

You all are killing me with this Knight stuff....first you all call him smart and intellegent yet he plays like a bag of dumb rocks. Now he doesn't have talent around him or the talent level is being over-stated and yet a PG's main function is to make the players around him better to recognized what will and won't work. I have yet seen Knight try to run the offense which mean getting players in the right spots, finding players in their sweet spots.

There was a reason Chauncey walked the ball up court, pointing here, pointing their keeping his head up directing screens and so on. Chauncey knew his limitations and strenghts as a player and knew when and how to adjust his game and Knight simply doesn't take the time to that. I keep saying he needs to learn how to walk before he can run he need to make all the players around him better first then think about getting his. It's silly to sit here and say it's the players around him fault.

Then you all run a list of players Knight isn't even on the floor with most game. Knight is on the floor with Tay, Monore and Singler all three capable scorers, and if CB was able to squeeze 10 points out of Big Ben then Knight shouldn't have an issue squeezing 10 points out of Maxiell.

Last edited by WISEFAN on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stuff

Post  lemonpen on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:05 pm

Oracle wrote:@lemonpen - Yikes, those were some incredable blasts from the past!!!

@Wise - Damn right KG should be suspended as well! KG is too good to keep pulling that clown act! STFU and play!!!

@Murph - Yeah, I remember Massimo, he provided a lot of Euro coverage! And yes, we all have mellowed(more like grown up, lol) over the years!

@Fly - please do recruit them, we can express ourselves so much better over here!

@DX - I think the FA crop is good enough, and that we will do something that will alter our trajectory. I think the main thing I took away from that article is the growing concensus that right now Knight isn't the PG we need, and won't be for a few years.

On top of that, Stuckey is showing that he is a great PG off the bench, but probably not the one you want starting(but could). Surprisingly, it's Bynum that's the best of the three when he's playing right, but of course that's not often enough!

Joe has consistently ignored getting they type of PG we need, and opted for the Great Combo Hope type.

I do believe that Knight has the intelligence(like Chauncey) to make the switch, but he's going to need a Larry Brown type encounter to make it happen... tough love baby!

Funny you mention LB & Mr Big Shot. I happened across this assesment.

Posted: Fri. 11/14/03 03:27 PM
City: Saginaw, MI USA
Subject: point guards
Comments: lemonpen, I was watching two point guards play last night. Steve Francis, a shoot first point guard who Jeff Van Gundy is trying to change into more of a playmaker and Mike Bibby who ended up with 15 assists for the Kings. Francis had three 2 on 1 breaks that he botched because of poor decision making or poor passing. Chauncy is more like Francis than Bibby at this point. It's early in the season and he's changing under LB though and hopefully making strides towards being the point you want him to be.

We can only hope Frank is up to the task for Brandon's sake.

Last edited by lemonpen on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
lemonpen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Cool Breeze Has Lost It

Post  WTF on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:06 pm

cool breeze wrote:

Well I read it Oracle. One mistake being made by some fans is over estimating the players that both Knight and Stuckey are playing with. If you are a pass first point guard, then you need players around you who want the rock and know what to do with it when you pass it to them. That is the main issue on this team. Who can create their own shot? Who can move without the basketball on a consistant basis and get open so you can pass the damn ball. Do you set up Maxiell for his lethal jumper that Dumars has talked about? How about Monroe. Does he move well without the basketball? I keep shuddering when any of our guards have to pass the ball to Monroe when he goes out on the wing for an entry pass. Monroe fails to move his feet towards the pass. His defender knows where the ball needs to go so if you are Monroe, you have to block out your man and make a strong move to the basketball especially during crunch time. That doesn't happen. Why are the coaches not providing this instruction to Monroe???? Where the the plays for Singler. He could be a guy who help the offense but not when Frank's offense does not include him. The only option is Prince who is doubled often. It is easy to say all these profound things but I never hear anyone backing them up with actual facts that fit this team. Billups could pass the ball to Hamilton, Rasheed, McDyess and Prince who were all capable offensive players. Remember when Billups had problems running the offense when Michael Curry played? Now our idiot coach is playing one side of the floor by design and it causes the point guard to look really bad. Before throwing Brandon Knight to the wolves, bring in a coach who can design an offense and more capable offensive players. Isn't it a stitch that Joe Dumars decided that defense wasn't important and loaded his team with horrible defenders thinking he had some really talented offensive players. Instead he signed players who can't play either end well.

So none of it's Knights fault, it Joe's fault, Frank's fault and his team mates fault? Yet 3 of the players he's on the floor with you rave about. Singler, Tay and Monroe.

You have lost it if you think Chris Paul or any other compentent PG wouldn't have this same bunch of players performing well over .500.
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Singler and English

Post  WTF on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:22 pm

Defensively at SG I think he's screwed more time than not. Offensively at the SG and this change could be most beneficial to Knight if we were to use Singler in the manner we used Rip. Singler has a lot of energy and I think oppose to spotting him they need to run him off a series of screens much closer to the basket, but agree that ideally his best option would be backing up Tay.

English should start at SG not because he earned it but, out of necessity, but I am such a fan of only rotating 3 guards where does this put Bynum? Hopefully on the trading blocks

WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum