Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
Fennis Dembo
Sebastian
Murph
Grizz2
Phil-Good
Sissy1946
Oracle
merc
cool breeze
lemonpen
deusXango
WTF
16 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty All pretty true

Post  Grizz2 Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:25 am

Sissy1946 wrote:So what does he do the next game against the Knicks? He doesn't play them together & they get stomped, didn't this happen one other time when they both played extensive minute then won but the next game they just waved at each other like Ships passing through the night, have got to tell ya that Frank is one Stupid Ass coach & most Fan's are getting pretty damn sick of his lame, same old Shit. Where is Jelly-Filled Chocolate's at? Hiding in the corner? He needs to get rid of some of players who are just lingering on for the dough, we need to trade Maxiell, Prince, CV, Daye & Frickin' Ball Hog Bynum, am sick of him getting the minutes he's getting, why hasn't Frank sat him down & told him to quit frickin' dribbling & shooting so much or he's going to be on the damn bench, why can't he tell him that because that's his fuckin '' problem & why is Maxiell still starting on this team the worthless piece of shit. English deserves minutes. Kravtsov needs to be let out of prison so we can see what this guy has to offer, I mean they did sign him to a 3 year contract didn't they? We've also got to many Combinations out there on the floor, the starters are playing to many minutes especially Prince & Maxiell, we need a point guard, Stuckey needs to be traded & we still need Bill Laimbeer in here to at least play the right players, I thought after the draft that we would give Frank a chance to see what he can do but I'm telling ya this guy is clueless about line ups, evaluation & throwing his team always under the bus, take some responsibility yourself you horses ass, your the one coaching them, if their not listening or running the plays you put in there then something might be wrong with the way your teaching.
This team is now 3-11 with no hope in sight, you've blamed everything & everybody but yourself you've still got Prince & Maxiell in your starting line up, hey Dumbazz maybe that's the problem, their slow, lethargic & can't shoot, they stop the flow of the game, Catch & shoot has never been one of the Princess's better traits. We know Dumbass Dumars won't make any trades because he doesn't know no to since his buddy left for Milwaukee. This team is in trouble with the Dumars/Frank Combo.

Sissy .. easy to hate on this guy .. at least Kuester and Curry didnt blame the players so much .. Drummond and Monroe should start .. ASAP ...like the next game
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Fake Prince Of The Palace

Post  WTF Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:00 am

Notice how quiet Prince was after getting his ass whipped by Melo? Prince is such a phoney.....
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Could have been teammates ...

Post  Grizz2 Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:16 am

WISEFAN wrote:Notice how quiet Prince was after getting his ass whipped by Melo? Prince is such a phoney.....

Wise, I think Larry Brown wanted Melo drafted instead of Darko .. in this instance .. we ended up with Stuckey ultimately .. wow ... time to drop some acid .... smoke
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Could have been teammates ...

Post  deusXango Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:55 am

Grizz2 wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Notice how quiet Prince was after getting his ass whipped by Melo? Prince is such a phoney.....

Wise, I think Larry Brown wanted Melo drafted instead of Darko .. in this instance .. we ended up with Stuckey ultimately .. wow ... time to drop some acid .... [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Awesome call on that one Grizz! The patent answer given for years, for Stuckey's presence (wrecklessly charging around playing at being a PG), has been that he's the make-up pick for Darko. Bullsh!t. After LaBron James, arguebly, the best player in America was Carmelo Anthony. He certainly had the collegiate pedigree (MVP on the NCAA championship team), and if Darko was all that, he should have been in Cleveland, and we should have had James. In all seriousness, Stuckey is a piss-poor replacement for Anthony, and it takes someone on heavy drugs to imagine Darko has anything to do with the true equation of what the Pistons gave up for Stuckey. Dumars messed up with the Darko pick (the nature of our downfall), and compounded it with, not only picking Stuckey at #15 but, the undeserved power given to a #15 pick on a championsip caliber team; with Ben Wallace gone, Joe should have been trading Rasheed and Tayshaun for an upgrade at forward, instead of Billips for a downgrade at PG. Water over the dam.

WiseMan, Prince is crazy, he ain't no fool. Who's all philosophical, and mean mouthing those around him, right after a classic, personal, ass-whipping?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty NCAA Champion MVPs

Post  Murph Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:14 pm

deusXango wrote: After LaBron James, arguebly, the best player in America was Carmelo Anthony. He certainly had the collegiate pedigree (MVP on the NCAA championship team)

True enough. And the other MVP of an NCAA championship team that Joe passed on was Kemba Walker.

Memo to Joe: If you ever get another chance again in your lifetime to draft the MVP of an NCAA Championship team...DO IT. Don't buy the hype. Just draft the NCAA Champion MVP.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty MVP's

Post  WTF Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:32 pm

Murph wrote:
deusXango wrote: After LaBron James, arguebly, the best player in America was Carmelo Anthony. He certainly had the collegiate pedigree (MVP on the NCAA championship team)

True enough. And the other MVP of an NCAA championship team that Joe passed on was Kemba Walker.

Memo to Joe: If you ever get another chance again in your lifetime to draft the MVP of an NCAA Championship team...DO IT. Don't buy the hype. Just draft the NCAA Champion MVP.

Lets see Joe has drafted a couple of NCAA Championship MVP already and one of them sucked to High Heaven's as for the other he's showing great potential starting in place of Oddney Suckey...
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty MVPs

Post  Murph Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:41 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Murph wrote:

Lets see Joe has drafted a couple of NCAA Championship MVP already and one of them sucked to High Heaven's as for the other he's showing great potential starting in place of Oddney Suckey...

Wise...good point. Had Joe drafted all NCAA Tournament MVPs that he could have...Carmelo, Walker, Singler and Cleaves...he would have hit big on 3 out of 4...and no one would be complaining. Joe

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty MVP's

Post  deusXango Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:18 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Murph wrote:

Wise, you're absolutely correct about Mateen Cleaves sucking to high heaven but, the folks 'round my way were saying "Nooo Joe!!!" True enough he was the NCAA championship MVP and Izzo's boy but, as an individual player, he was turned inside out more than once or twice, by opposing PG's, the team was just so focused you couldn't see his shortcomings, unless you were a regular viewer of the Spartans.

Singler has replaced J.J. as my favorite bench player (even though he's currently starting), and I fully expect him to be a vital part of the Pistons for years to come. I wouldn't turn my back on a MVP to take a chance on any unknown kid from the wilds of "who knows where." That'd be stupid. Here's a fact we're all greatful for; the 2004 championship Pistons boasted two ex-MVP's (even though we didn't draft them), in Rip Hamilton and Corliss "Big Nasty" Williamson. I guess I'm for going after the known talent, rather than "word-of-mouth" players, particularly if the word comes from my adversarys mouth.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Batum Coming To Kick Your Ass Tay

Post  WTF Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:19 pm

Will you lay down again? Should be an interesting game in fact this would be a perfect game to start Drummond and Monore together.

Frank be prepared to get out coached again!!!!!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty What ever happened to English Mr. Frank?

Post  cool breeze Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:30 pm

It seems that English is the odd man out. Maybe if you play defense and work hard on that end of the floor you will land on the bench. Stuckey and Maggette must be kissing Frank's rear big time or Frank believes those players are better defenders and outside shooter than English. This coach has made the big mistake of trying to kiss up to the old guard vets. They will screw you everytime Larry. Some of you posters have become downright nasty with your criticism of Prince. Prince didn't play well against NY but overall he is one of the best players on this team but that is not saying much. The players have no confidence in the coach. The coach has over estimated his alleged core players, Bynum, Stuckey, Maggette and Maxiell. If you are rating players don't you believe that Prince has stood out compared with Frank's Big Four. Now Frank is turning to his ace in the hole, Charlie V. This is a good soap opera for sure but sorry, I cannot lower myself to watch Charlie V play basketball. I imagine the regular season ticket holders have now found a new team to follow at home. Nobody wants to drive to a game when they know that Frank's key players will be Maxiell, Stuckey, Bynum, Charlie V, and Maggette. I just don't believe that Maggette fits in at all in Detroit. Time for the owner to step in and tell the coach if he wants to keep his job he better line those useless players up at the end of the bench. Start Drummond -Monroe-Knight-Singler-and either English or Middleton. This will bring in the Piston fans Mr. Gores. Use your power Mr. Gores. Please don't let me see, Bynum, Maxiell, Maggette, Charlie V and Stuckey bringing shame to our Pistons. Move them all off the team and take Joe Dumars and Frank out as well.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Bring back Iverson Joe

Post  cool breeze Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:42 pm

How about this idea Piston fans? Who has Iverson's rights? Maybe Joe could somehow give up another first round draft choice to bring him back to Detroit. He would fit in real good with Frank's core players. The starting lineup will be Charlie V-Maxiell-Maggette, Bynum, and Iverson. I was told by the coach that Stuckey will flurish playing with the second unit of Prince, Stuckey, Maxiell, Bynum and Daye. Notice that Maxiell will play the entire game and ocasionally Charlie V might need to stay out longer. We need those guys to be out on the floor. The coach will start this lineup as soon as Joe Dumars gets things rapped up with Iverson's agent. Joe said it when he landed Iverson before, "I always wanted this guy". That statement must have made Billups feel good Joe. Don't start laughing Piston fans. I hear that Monroe is not coming back next season. He wants out. The organization has gone mad. Knight will be right behind him too and Drummond doesn't want to hang around if those guys bolt. That is OK though because Drummond is not the player of Maxiell's caliber. Joe will sign a long term deal with Maxiell before January so he doesn't get any ideas of testing the waters. So much as changed in Detroit. This past summer no team was interested in signing Maxiell to a new deal. Now he is sitting pretty and we fans sure are a lucky bunch. Why not have management bring in some over weight 60 year old cheer leaders next season as well?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Beautiful pass and Dunk

Post  Oracle Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:12 pm

Stuckey threaded a needle, and Maxiell made a sweeping back handed dunk!

Really sweet!

Previously Stuckey went to the hole, I should say muscled his way to the rim, and actually finished!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty To be honest

Post  Oracle Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:20 pm

Murph wrote:

I wanted Joe to take Melo, and I was looking forward to the Cleveland/Detroit battles of the future between Melo & LeBron... BUT...

I also understood the need for size, and deferred to Joe on the Darko pick, even though I was complaining a bit.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Offensive Strangeness

Post  Oracle Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:29 pm

But in a good way!

I'm seeing a lot more movement on offense, and I've been screaming for that!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Magette, CV & Stuckey...

Post  Oracle Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:35 pm

Are looking like great 2nd unit pieces!

As long as the core starts, I do't have a single problem with that! Add Maxiell to that unit with Bynum, and I think we've found some new alternatorz(so to speak).
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty This is an impressive win(if it holds up)

Post  Oracle Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:43 pm

The Pistons are playing a VERY physical game with Portland, and I like the toughness they're showing!

It's not only physical with the bigs, but the guards too!

Prince is holding his own as well!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Thanks for the updates

Post  GRIZZ3 Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:09 pm

Oracle . .thanks for the in-game updates .. helps me understand more about the games the Pistons play .. usually can only read about them from the sports writers who dont always say what needs to be noticed .. Pistons playing physicaL? Maggette looks good? From the boxscore I would say he was NOT a good piece ... What's the deal on that? From the boxscore (which can be faulty) .. I would say the 3 guard rotation of Stuck, BK7 and Singler is what won the game tonight ... something that Cynic has been calling for ..

And what I cannot see from the boxscore is the movement of the ball which you have been calling for .. Good to hear this ..

Maybe I have no right to include Frank as one of those clown coaches? Back to back for the visitors is a factor but the same thing will be happening to us too so that is fair ..

GRIZZ3

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:12 pm

Oracle wrote:The Pistons are playing a VERY physical game with Portland, and I like the toughness they're showing!

Yes Oracle the Pistons are playing well. However, I am a bit sad that Joe Dumars hasn't announced the signing of Iverson. "I have wanted AI for a long time" was the quote I believe by Dumars at the time of his first signing with the Pistons. Boy who needs Billups when we got AI. Joe was beaming. He just pulled off the trade of the century. He was so excited he forgot to tell Billups that he was traded. Sorry but that last game against New York made me sick to my stomach. However on the serious side of things, it does take time to find an identity. The coach hasn't helped but we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:43 am

GRIZZ3 wrote:Oracle . .thanks for the in-game updates .. helps me understand more about the games the Pistons play .. usually can only read about them from the sports writers who dont always say what needs to be noticed .. Pistons playing physicaL? Maggette looks good? From the boxscore I would say he was NOT a good piece ... What's the deal on that? From the boxscore (which can be faulty) .. I would say the 3 guard rotation of Stuck, BK7 and Singler is what won the game tonight ... something that Cynic has been calling for ..

And what I cannot see from the boxscore is the movement of the ball which you have been calling for .. Good to hear this ..

Maybe I have no right to include Frank as one of those clown coaches? Back to back for the visitors is a factor but the same thing will be happening to us too so that is fair ..

I judge not from what the player produces on the scoreboard, although that's important, but how they operate within the confines of the offense.

I didn't say Magette's play won the game, but it did help. Magette was a DEMON driving to the hoop, and while he didn't score, he did all the right things.

In addition, he was very effective when they ran their motion offense, and played within the system, often enforcing it with his play.

Yeah, it didn't result in any points for him, but that will come if he keeps playing like that, and that's what I want ot encorage. I tell you, he looked really good.

So did CV, I am a witness! I actually saw CV get more than ONE rebound!!!

Ok, maybe they got lodged in his grill, but those chompers held on to make it into the record book lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:47 am

cool breeze wrote:
Oracle wrote:The Pistons are playing a VERY physical game with Portland, and I like the toughness they're showing!

Yes Oracle the Pistons are playing well. However, I am a bit sad that Joe Dumars hasn't announced the signing of Iverson. "I have wanted AI for a long time" was the quote I believe by Dumars at the time of his first signing with the Pistons. Boy who needs Billups when we got AI. Joe was beaming. He just pulled off the trade of the century. He was so excited he forgot to tell Billups that he was traded. Sorry but that last game against New York made me sick to my stomach. However on the serious side of things, it does take time to find an identity. The coach hasn't helped but we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes.

Don, the stench of AI is still quite strong, and I felt the same way you did about the NY loss!

After that loss, I actually felt like not watching anymore, but I got over it, and after this win, I'm engaged again.

Keep the faith, we'll figure this out, the talent is there as Knight is really coming alive again! He had some really nice moves tonight, and played with the confidence I've been expecting!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty I really like this Pistons young core group.

Post  Phil-Good Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:54 am

This is another good win. The young core is really starting to get they swag together.

Singler, B.K.7, Moose, Big Dr, and English. I like what this young core is doing. I know English is not playing but I know he will also be A major part of this Detroit Pistons rebuild.

I like what I see!!! tb
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty The Charlie Villanueva sighting in New York wasn't a token appearance

Post  Oracle Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:32 am

CV is back, and he can really help this team off the bench! This article confirms what I saw in the game! The main paring of CV & Stuckey at PG, helps both players do what they do best(article also confirms JJ is out).

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

For the scoop on the game, here's the latest.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Points Taken

Post  Grizz2 Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:40 am

Oracle wrote:
GRIZZ3 wrote:Oracle . .thanks for the in-game updates .. helps me understand more about the games the Pistons play .. usually can only read about them from the sports writers who dont always say what needs to be noticed .. Pistons playing physicaL? Maggette looks good? From the boxscore I would say he was NOT a good piece ... What's the deal on that? From the boxscore (which can be faulty) .. I would say the 3 guard rotation of Stuck, BK7 and Singler is what won the game tonight ... something that Cynic has been calling for ..

I judge not from what the player produces on the scoreboard, although that's important, but how they operate within the confines of the offense.

I didn't say Magette's play won the game, but it did help. Magette was a DEMON driving to the hoop, and while he didn't score, he did all the right things.

In addition, he was very effective when they ran their motion offense, and played within the system, often enforcing it with his play.

Yeah, it didn't result in any points for him, but that will come if he keeps playing like that, and that's what I want ot encorage. I tell you, he looked really good.

So did CV, I am a witness! I actually saw CV get more than ONE rebound!!!

Ok, maybe they got lodged in his grill, but those chompers held on to make it into the record book lol

Oracle .. points taken .. I still have a hard time wanting Maggette or CV get even 1 minute of court time .. Those minutes should be going to the younger players ... I concede maybe they can help in different ways as examples to the other players OR simply getting the right flow on offense .. Even as I type this though ... every particle of my being doesnt want these guys or Daye to play ever again for the Pistons . CV and Daye had their chances ... and failed .. Maggette is just too damn old and his minutes should be going to the young guys .. Or we are shooting ourselves in the foot ... Frank wants to keep his VETS happiest because .. they are the veterans and feel they deserve whatever they can get since they were here .. so to speak first ...

Still .. how much of a killjoy do I deserve to be if the Pistons win? Frank obviously did NOT have things figured out by the end of training camp and only recently has figured out a few more things ... Singler starting, for example ... Will try to show him more respect ... and would have .. if he had not blamed his players publicly .. that SEEMS to have stopped so ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty The Charlie Villanueva sighting in New York wasn't a token appearance

Post  Phil-Good Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:11 am

That's right Charlie. Show the NBA world what you can do. Play well. Light the 3pt line on fire! Flash some of that low post game just to tease potential buyers.

Then when the Iron is hot, TRADE YOUR ASS!!!!! lol

Jones Jerebko. Keep working hard. Eventually you will be back in the rotation. Can't keep A good guy down for long.

Same goes for Kim English. Be ready, your opportunity will come.

If Frank had any brains he would bench Will Bynum, let Stuckey play the back-up PG and allow English to back-up Singler at the 2 guard spot. But I guess that's just too much right.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty BK7 and Singler

Post  Grizz2 Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:03 am

.. really won the game for us today ... and are improving .. giving Frank credit for that .. Still dont want Maguetter .. minus 8 or whatever today .. More Drummond or English is the next move to make ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next