Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
Fennis Dembo
Sebastian
Murph
Grizz2
Phil-Good
Sissy1946
Oracle
merc
cool breeze
lemonpen
deusXango
WTF
16 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty 12 Minutes ..

Post  Grizz2 Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:29 am

WISEFAN wrote:This is what your prized lottery picked center played last night while your team get out rebounded by 18 boards. At times Drummond looked lost and that's to be expected from a rookie. I don't think I've seen him and Monroe on the court together these 4 games yet. This not the proper way for development of a big.

Not sure what Lil Larry thinking is but he looks worst than Curry and Kuester did.

Larry Frank is keeping our 3 Stooges Coaches Concept Alive and Well .. FLIP (not Saunders, our last decent HC) .. we need those Emotioncons of the Stooges and our hated clown coaches fast .. Kuester is not enough to hate on by himself .. Larry Frank actually makes me angrier for some reason because he acts like he has gotten 3 NBA titles as a head coach already but he is a LOSER who blames others for his own idiot FUCK UPS .. 12 minutes for Drummond?! mad
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty I get that feeling too ..

Post  Grizz2 Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:32 am

Sissy1946 wrote:Only good thing to come of this Is I think Gores is coming to the point of he's going to have had enough & will be firing Dumars, Frank & bringing Laimbeer in to coach the pistons like we want. Another disgusting effort tonight. After returning home without a win & going 0-7 on the 12th, after the Gladys Knight concert at halftime & the end of the game we will be 0-8, changes will be on the way. Frank doesn't have a clue how to motivate this team with his weird line ups & the Princess looking old & like he doesn't even belong in the court. I dont really believe Gores will take this after they return home, after all he did say he's got his eye on Jelly-Joe.

Sissy .. I get that feeling too .. that Gores will NOT pussyfoot around the season listening to Frank give his daily answers to another embarrassment .. ( the players didnt play hard enough . we are a rebuilding group ... we just have to learn how to play well except for the last quarter ...)
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty For those who love the CBA

Post  Grizz2 Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:33 am

Denver got 7 points for their win vs the Pistons .. all 4 quarters .. we go zilch .. Very Happy Shocked Sad
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Lot of Good points

Post  Grizz2 Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:41 am

cool breeze wrote:First off, what is this nonsense Frank is spouting in the Detroit News article about bringing energy? This comment was just as insane as the one Frank made after the previous loss before the ass kicking by the Lakers. In that post game comment, Frank said he was impressed with the point guard play. In that game, the point guards, Knight and Bynum looked horrible. They couldn't set up the offense if there really is a offense on this team other than street ball offense. I think the problem with the point guards is the other players they are playing with. Nobody is really a threat to the opposition. Does any team actually have a game plan set up to stop even one of the players in the starting unit. I don't see many double teams. No the starters are easy to guard. That means the point guards have to do a lot of dribbling while trying to find an opening or even one player they can pass the basketball to before the shot clock expires. The starters cannot make outside shots. The defense can defend the paint. This is a simple game that Frank is attempting to make into some complex thing. Maybe that is because he never was able to play the game himself. The reason for the poor showing of the starting unit for every game so far this season is not because of lack of effort. The problem is lack of chemistry between the players and lack of ability to compete with better NBA players. The other players are just more physically gifted athletic type players at the skill positions. And then we have Jason Maxiell who is attempting to play against strong 7 footers. But we are fine and this is just a bump in the road according to Mr. Frank. He got nothing from this past game. Frank still thinks that Maxiell can be effective against any playoff caliber team playing power forward. It is time for Mr. Gores to step in. He must fire Joe Dumars because Joe believes that Maxiell played a great game against the Lakers as well. It would not have made any difference in that game if Stuckey and Knight had scored 30 points each in that game. The Lakers rested their big men most of the game. If they had wanted to, the Lakers could have beaten Detroit by over 50 points. The Lakers players were not even playing hard in that game. And this Piston coach is not in a panic mode. That is pure denial. If the coach wants to be fair to the players, then he needs to admit that Kim English should be starting as it isn't even close as to who has played the best basketball, English or Stuckey. In fact, so far, it is clear that Stuckey should not even be in the rotation. So Mr. Frank, you believe in defense first. You said that you wanted to play the best defenders to set the tone that Detroit has strong character tough people so our team should mimic the people. Do you call this group of starters good defenders and tough minded type players? Stuckey has never been that type of player. He is a West coast scorer who never played any defense before arriving in Detroit. Dumars hand picked players in the past who were extremely weak defenders. He signed Charlie V and Ben Gordon who were among the worst defenders in the league.

Another reason to fire Dumars and bring in Laimbeer as the GM would be the fact that Chase Budinger is playing great basketball this season for the T Wolves. If none of you watched this last game in their win, it was Budinger and another new Russian guard who made key baskets in crunch time. Budinger scored 16 points in all and was dead eye when it counted. This is the way he has played in every game so far. Meanwhile, Joe Dumars dismissed Budinger after drafting him because he didn't want to cause too much competition between his new ace first rounder, Austin Daye and the other loser Piston guards at the time. So Chase never had the opportunity to play against any of the Piston guards in practice. Anyone who had followed the college games when Budinger and Daye played knew that Budinger made a fool of Daye in their meetings. We had a McDonalds All American co MVP on the Piston team and Joe Dumars gave him away.

Well stated, Cool Breeze Don ... I am not against Joe Dumars being fired if Laimbeer is brought in .. But .. unlike the past ravings (100s of times really) of mine .. when I was screaming for Dumars to be fired ... I recognize he has drafted well recently .. and not Frank but Mike Woodson was his first choice... Still .. we are still paying for the past sins of Dumars when we could have had Ty Lawson AND DeJuan Blair instead of Summers and Daye ... Ben G and a first round draft pick to the Bobcats wll bite us eventually .. and Prince, Jmax and Stuckey NEVER sounded good as resignings ... And gave away Amir Johnson, Aaron Affalo and Budinger for NOT MUCH ... and they would have made this team stronger..But Frank reminds me of a slick slimey lying politician whose incompetence is continually disguised and protected by the Detroit News and other Piston writers .. I wanedt him GONE YESTERDAY .. and never wanted him hired .. if you recall .. Hmmm...0-16 will definitely get him fired here too ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty 'YA GOTTA GET IT STRAIGHT FROM THE GATE

Post  deusXango Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:07 am

Going back to his last season in New Jersey, this is the third coaching season, in a row, that Lil' Larry's teams have stumbled out of the gate, to run an 82 game race; how many games must our Pistons loose this year before Tom Gores gives Joe Dumars the okay to pull the plug on this coach? He is not building, he's destroying. Lil' Larry is just one of those coaches that can't teach, develop, and coach young players; he's in over his head.

It's a hell of a thing when Pistons fans start missing or making low end comparisons to Curry and Kuester, but there has been a smattering of murmurs, lately, wondering what they would be doing with this team. That's a sad, sad, testament to what we have out of the coaching ranks. Gores hired him, so let Dumars fire him (it doesn't matter 'cause Joe's a "lame duck" GM anyway). A nice slap on Joe's fat behind, on his way out the door, would be for Gores to hire Bill Laimbeer, the same way he hired Lil' Larry over Joe's protestations, Laims turns things around by getting the youngsters competeing, and playing hard together (with the removal of the veteran jackasses from his locker room), and the team not only reaches the playoffs, but win the 1st round; rewarding Laimbeer for his efforts, Gores gives him Joe's chair!

Grizz, I know what you mean about that "slimey politician" feeling you have for Lil' Larry, I get it too. I've always been told that "it's not so much what you say, it's how you say it;" well, Lil' Larry not only talks sh!t, but he speaks through puckered lips. The posture of a sh!t talking, ass kisser.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Gore will pull the trigger

Post  Grizz2 Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:21 am

deusXango wrote:Going back to his last season in New Jersey, this is the third coaching season, in a row, that Lil' Larry's teams have stumbled out of the gate, to run an 82 game race; how many games must our Pistons loose this year before Tom Gores gives Joe Dumars the okay to pull the plug on this coach? He is not building, he's destroying. Lil' Larry is just one of those coaches that can't teach, develop, and coach young players; he's in over his head.

It's a hell of a thing when Pistons fans start missing or making low end comparisons to Curry and Kuester, but there has been a smattering of murmurs, lately, wondering what they would be doing with this team. That's a sad, sad, testament to what we have out of the coaching ranks. Gores hired him, so let Dumars fire him (it doesn't matter 'cause Joe's a "lame duck" GM anyway). A nice slap on Joe's fat behind, on his way out the door, would be for Gores to hire Bill Laimbeer, the same way he hired Lil' Larry over Joe's protestations, Laims turns things around by getting the youngsters competeing, and playing hard together (with the removal of the veteran jackasses from his locker room), and the team not only reaches the playoffs, but win the 1st round; rewarding Laimbeer for his efforts, Gores gives him Joe's chair!

Grizz, I know what you mean about that "slimey politician" feeling you have for Lil' Larry, I get it too. I've always been told that "it's not so much what you say, it's how you say it;" well, Lil' Larry not only talks sh!t, but he speaks through puckered lips. The posture of a sh!t talking, ass kisser.

DX .. famous last words ..but .. if things get a little worse .. Gore strikes me as a businessman that knows you dont keep going with a loser .. you cut loose instead and go in the right direction .. so .. hopeful .. we wont need to tolerate Frank much longer ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Lil Larry

Post  Murph Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:50 am

This should be a lesson to Tom Gores and his people. For the next coach they hire, they can't be fooled by a guy like Lil Larry who can wow them in an interview, as opposed to a guy like Mike Woodson. In the NBA, it doesn't matter how good you sound in an interview. What matters is your coaching track record, and Woodson had a much more successful track record than Lil Larry. And the success Lil Larry did achieve early on in his career is undoubted due to the fact that he had HOF PG Jason Kidd as his floor general.

And IMO, Lil Larry's problem is not his roster or even his rotations. Sure he could play Drummond 20 minutes, not 12, and he could play JMax 16 minutes, not 23. But IMO, Lil Larry's basically playing the right 10 guys. His real problems are his inability to build team chemistry (as Don has frequently pointed out), his inability to motivate his players, and his X's and O's.

Lil Larry hasn't had a winning season since his 3rd year coaching in the League, and this season will be Lil Larry's 6th straight season where he's failed to win. Hopefully, he'll turn it around in Detroit this year, but really, what are the odds?

I'm sure Gores and his people will stick with Lil Larry through the end of this season, but hopefully, they'll pay-up and hire a proven winner as our next coach. (I've given up on the idea of the Pistons ever hiring Laimbeer.)

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty While I agree that Frank might not be a great coach, you need the right players to win games in this league

Post  cool breeze Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:51 am

You have all done a good job of spelling out the issues. I don't approve the the coaches decisions on who is currently in the rotation and in the starting unit. However, Detroit has now gone though 3 coaches who have not been able to improve the Piston team since Flip. Everyone is picking on coach Frank including me. But this is bigger than the coaching staff. No coach including Mike Woodson could make this group of players into a winner at this point in the season. No coaching staff can win 50% of the games with the key players being Monroe, Knight, Stuckey, Maxiell and Prince. It seems that the youngsters are not ready to play at a level where the Pistons can compete and keep the games close to cause enough interest so fans will come to the Piston games. Joe Dumars started his rebuilding process the day he traded Billups. Dumars has made too many mistakes along the way including the drafting of Darko and Rodney White. Some of us said it way back when that those mistakes would bite the Pistons in the ass years down the road. Well it did. Dumars gave away Affalo and Budinger in the process making bad evaluations on the players he thought could become good players. Signing Charlie V and Ben Gordon at a time when the Pistons should have been doing then what they are doing now has delayed progress. What is the biggest reason why the Pistons cannot even make a game close? DEFENSE!!!! What did Dumars do to destroy the identity of the Pistons as being a strong defensive minded franchise? He rid the team of their only defenders and brought in players who were among the worst players in the league at playing defense. Dumars did that by design. He thought that because of the rule changes the best teams would be the explosive offensive minded teams. However, he forgot that you cannot get any transistion baskets if you cannot make some stops on defense. What a lame idea? Detroit now has a core of young players who need to become smarter and stronger and learn how to play good team defense. None of the starters are really good defenders. So I am surprised that so many people are giving Dumars a free pass because he has finally drafted some capable players who now need to be developed. This is what Joe Dumars should have started doing the day he sent Billups packing. Dumars made huge mistakes that would get most anyone fired. I think the owner is finally figuring this out the hard way. Now there is nothing left for the coaching staff to do but play the rookies along with Knight, Jerebco and Monroe. And some deal must be made to bring in a backup point guard who can play defense and who can get an offense started before there is 8 seconds left in the shot clock. The new GM will need to somehow trade the players Dumars thought would bring the Pistons success and that includes players like Stuckey.

I think this is a year where the Pistons might slide into a nice draft position. It could also be exciting to watch the rookies and the younger players develop and form some type of bond when playing defense. This Denver team is a very weak team. Detroit is weaker and the coaches cannot perform a miracle. The coach needs to wave the white flag and say I have made a mistake of over rating my older vets and then dedicate this season as a development year. That way he might save his job. Dumars should be hiding right now. Bring in Bill Laimbeer as the new GM. Laimbeer will at least focus on improving how the Pistons play defense. And Murph you are correct, Woodson should have been hired as the head coach and you can bet that Bill Laimbeer would have sold that idea to the owners. Posters have stated that Frank was not the guy Dumars wanted as his next head coach. Dumars was supposed to be the expert that Mr. Gores and his group listened to before hiring a new coach. I believe that this idea is just more nonsense and shows that Dumars is not a strong leader in the business area. I am sure that the owner would have listened to Dumars if he had been against the hiring of Frank. Everyone wants to protect Joe Dumars. I love the guy as a person and for what he did as a player. I don't hate the man now but just believe he has been really lazy and is directly responsible for this current mess. Making that trade Billups for Iverson proved to me that he had no business running the Piston organization. Do any of you doubt that the Pistons need a new leader at a higher level than head coach?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Lil Larry

Post  WTF Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:05 pm

Murph wrote:This should be a lesson to Tom Gores and his people. For the next coach they hire, they can't be fooled by a guy like Lil Larry who can wow them in an interview, as opposed to a guy like Mike Woodson. In the NBA, it doesn't matter how good you sound in an interview. What matters is your coaching track record, and Woodson had a much more successful track record than Lil Larry. And the success Lil Larry did achieve early on in his career is undoubted due to the fact that he had HOF PG Jason Kidd as his floor general.

And IMO, Lil Larry's problem is not his roster or even his rotations. Sure he could play Drummond 20 minutes, not 12, and he could play JMax 16 minutes, not 23. But IMO, Lil Larry's basically playing the right 10 guys. His real problems are his inability to build team chemistry (as Don has frequently pointed out), his inability to motivate his players, and his X's and O's.

Lil Larry hasn't had a winning season since his 3rd year coaching in the League, and this season will be Lil Larry's 6th straight season where he's failed to win. Hopefully, he'll turn it around in Detroit this year, but really, what are the odds?

I'm sure Gores and his people will stick with Lil Larry through the end of this season, but hopefully, they'll pay-up and hire a proven winner as our next coach. (I've given up on the idea of the Pistons ever hiring Laimbeer.)

Murph Lil larry inabilty to motivate players, build chemistry and the failure of his X' and O's are all a result of his poor rotations and the 10 guys he rolls with. I can't stress enough the importance of rotating only three guards in and out of a team rotation (This should be easy to do because honestly his top three are all inter-changeable) but he keeps fucking around with Bynum.

I know all the CV hating fans don't get this, largely in part there a need to scapegoat a player every year rather he deserves it or not. But again CV offers a 15pt 4reb average a game, anyone claiming that JMax impact on the game super-cedes that is insane. Murph you are insane Cool

As far as Drummond goes, there's arguement or at least shouldn't be that his does start along side Monroe and plays at a minimum 25 minutes a night. Some fans want to have it both ways, I watch many of you do it with Stuckey, then Knight and now with Drummond. You alway want to proclaim their greatness solely on the idea of potential but then make excuses as to why they haven't progress or way they need to be handle with kig gloves.

Have we all forgotten that this kid was projected at one point to be selected #2 overall. I can imagine Davis sitting on the bench, imgaine if this happen with Cousins or any other projected #2 not named Darko. Play the damn kid and let him learn. JMax been in the league 8 season and hasn't learn a damn thing in that time if he hasn't gotten it by now he won't.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:16 pm

Oracle wrote:May as well be sleeping!

He isn't running the floor, he isn't even trying to defend, and the Nuggets just run by him... WTF!!!

Good point Oracle. this is how Monroe played in college. I have been watching Monroe do this in every game so far as well as every game last season. Do fans still believe he should be a All Star? As with most poor defenders, Monroe is using his energy the wrong way. I am sure the coaches have sat down with him many times before and told him what he is doing wrong and the areas where he must change. Do not chase guards beyond the free throw line. Are the coaches telling him to do that? Beat the opposition to the low post on defense. How about move your feet while protecting the paint. Do not become the player who is a day late and a dollar short. How about looking for a player to box out on the defensive boards? Monroe like a lot of the Piston players look to be too tired to have the energy to look to see where opposition players are located on the floor before it is too late. What is scary is that this is a big contract year for Monroe. The press has built this player into something that he has yet to become. Yet there might be hope as he is so young for a big man. Still at some point as a player you have to want to become a better defender. The coaches want that to happen but does he want it enough? Can the Pistons push the ball and become an up tempo team with guys like Monroe? If not then the pistons need to slow things down on offense.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Monroe

Post  WTF Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:57 pm

cool breeze wrote:
Oracle wrote:May as well be sleeping!

He isn't running the floor, he isn't even trying to defend, and the Nuggets just run by him... WTF!!!

Good point Oracle. this is how Monroe played in college. I have been watching Monroe do this in every game so far as well as every game last season. Do fans still believe he should be a All Star? As with most poor defenders, Monroe is using his energy the wrong way. I am sure the coaches have sat down with him many times before and told him what he is doing wrong and the areas where he must change. Do not chase guards beyond the free throw line. Are the coaches telling him to do that? Beat the opposition to the low post on defense. How about move your feet while protecting the paint. Do not become the player who is a day late and a dollar short. How about looking for a player to box out on the defensive boards? Monroe like a lot of the Piston players look to be too tired to have the energy to look to see where opposition players are located on the floor before it is too late. What is scary is that this is a big contract year for Monroe. The press has built this player into something that he has yet to become. Yet there might be hope as he is so young for a big man. Still at some point as a player you have to want to become a better defender. The coaches want that to happen but does he want it enough? Can the Pistons push the ball and become an up tempo team with guys like Monroe? If not then the pistons need to slow things down on offense.

Don I think one ofthe issues with Monroe is that he's being played out of positionbut as for the team as a hold its all about the scheme Frank uses and the players he deploy. As long as Frank stays with the illusions that JMax is the second coming of Big Ben and that this team can one on one defends there will be a lot of games that are going to be lost this season. Simple solution to hiding that problem is playing more zone defense, there just too much lenth on this team for Frank to be sticking to whatever this defensive scheme of his is.

One of the reason why I was always an advocate for Flip was that he was smart enough to play a zone even with having great defenders like KG, Big Ben and Sheed. It is so much easier to defend a spot or area on the floor than it is a player one on one.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Moose's defensive shortcomings ...

Post  Sebastian Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:00 pm

I, too, would like to see Moose and Dre Drummond on the floor together, preferably in a situation where Drummond would be starting, along with Jerebko at the "3". If Dre Drummond and Jerebko were in the starting line-up, Moose's defensive shortcomings would be better disguised.

But, one thing that WE all may have overlooked in OUR demands to see Drummond in the starting line-up, playing significant minutes with Moose, is that not only has Dre not played with Moose, he has not played with B. Knight (OUR starting PG), either.

I would think that each one could benefit from the other, if they were able to play together. The net benefit would be a better Pistons team, moving in clearer, forward direction.

Damn you L. Frank!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Please...CV is Horrible

Post  Murph Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:07 pm

WISEFAN wrote: I can't stress enough the importance of rotating only three guards in and out of a team rotation (This should be easy to do because honestly his top three are all inter-changeable) but he keeps fucking around with Bynum.

I know all the CV hating fans don't get this, largely in part there a need to scapegoat a player every year rather he deserves it or not. But again CV offers a 15pt 4reb average a game, anyone claiming that JMax impact on the game super-cedes that is insane. Murph you are insane Cool

As far as Drummond goes, there's arguement or at least shouldn't be that his does start along side Monroe and plays at a minimum 25 minutes a night. Some fans want to have it both ways, I watch many of you do it with Stuckey, then Knight and now with Drummond. You alway want to proclaim their greatness solely on the idea of potential but then make excuses as to why they haven't progress or way they need to be handle with kig gloves.

Have we all forgotten that this kid was projected at one point to be selected #2 overall. I can imagine Davis sitting on the bench, imgaine if this happen with Cousins or any other projected #2 not named Darko. Play the damn kid and let him learn. JMax been in the league 8 season and hasn't learn a damn thing in that time if he hasn't gotten it by now he won't.

Wise...please get off the CV bandwagon. The guy sucks...flat out. He can't shoot. He can't rebound. He can't defend. He can't even run the floor. And he's so busy planking and tweeting that he doesn't even pay attention. Sorry to be the one to break it to you...but CV needs to be amnesties immediately and run out of town. Very Happy

IMO, Lil Larry has the right 10 guys in the rotation. I mean except for Wise, who is demanding that Charlie V play? Who else should be in the rotation?...Middleton? (Is he really a difference maker?) ...Daye? (Please.) Maggette? (He's hurt.) And the Ukrainian didn't play well in pre-season at all.

So Drummond is averaging 17 mpg right now. How many minutes would you like to see him play?...20? And JMax is averaging 24 minutes. How many would you like to see him play?...16? So if we play Drummond 3 more mpg and JMax 8 less mpg, we won't suck? Maybe. But not likely.

And I don't like the idea of a 3 guard rotation right now, especially when Stuckey, Knight and English are all playing horribly.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Please...CV is Horrible

Post  WTF Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:45 pm

His career stats say's otheriwse, just because you don't like the way he runs Murph isn't a reason not to play him when he's clearly a better option than JMax. Where's dbed when you need him?

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:28 pm

WISEFAN wrote:His career stats say's otheriwse, just because you don't like the way he runs Murph isn't a reason not to play him when he's clearly a better option than JMax. Where's dbed when you need him?

Sorry...I just don't like the way CV plays, or his approach to the game. I'm not a big JMax fan, but I don't agree that CV is a better option than JMax.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Monroe: The athletic gap

Post  Oracle Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:59 pm

As pointed out in the DetNews, this team struggles against athletic teams in general, and is really poor against athletic bigs!

First a statement of fact: The best players on the planet are both athletic and smart! If you have that combination, it's a winner.

Joe looks for players like himself. He wasn't as athletic as Zeke, but he was smart and a skilled hard worker. That will take you a long way in the NBA, but it won't make you Zeke or Jordan.

That's why Monroe NEEDS Drummond on the floor with him. Drummond is finding his way, and that's fine, but he can also offset some of Monroe's weaknesses!

My real fear with Monroe is that he made his reputation playing against slow centers. How will he do against faster PF's?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty @Murph

Post  WTF Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:47 pm

Murph wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:His career stats say's otheriwse, just because you don't like the way he runs Murph isn't a reason not to play him when he's clearly a better option than JMax. Where's dbed when you need him?

Sorry...I just don't like the way CV plays, or his approach to the game. I'm not a big JMax fan, but I don't agree that CV is a better option than JMax.

I guess I just learn to take and accept him for what he is. I know he's not a great defender and rebounder, but he's a potential scoring threat, and his defensive issue could be easily hidden in a zone defense. I think he's lazy, not motivated to play to his height.

But then as much as some want to forget, or pretend never happen if we recall his first season here that whatever little success we had was in large part to CV carrying the team early and often. So we know he's capable, we saw him shut down Shaq in Phoenix, hit game winners almost reminding us Mills, Lamb and Sheed hitting big three's. I believe he avg 16 his first season while playing the entire season with numerous injuries.

I don't know what happen after his first season, that lost all that initial promise that indicated he was perhaps the better choice between he and Gordon. Even his following preseason showed that same promise and then the injury happen before preseason was over and he was never the same. The whole team was in disarray when he came back in Kuester following seasons, practice protesting, in fighting, bad coaching. Hard to be down on a player that only played 13 games last season due to injury. I really don't know how he became the focus of all things wrong with this team but he was nonetheless the easy target. After that Boston game it seems......

I hate his twitting, he does seem lazy, and he awkward looking running the floor, but JMax has never carried this team, avg double digit in scoring or rebound, been dominated by every SF, PF and C in the league for 8 straight seasons. At least CV shows the potential to win game, carry a team and yes periodically get a meaningful rebound. You just simply can't say that about JMax Drummond should start at center, Monore at forward and CV should back up Monroe in a 6th man role.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty @Oracle

Post  WTF Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:52 pm

Oracle wrote:As pointed out in the DetNews, this team struggles against athletic teams in general, and is really poor against athletic bigs!

First a statement of fact: The best players on the planet are both athletic and smart! If you have that combination, it's a winner.

Joe looks for players like himself. He wasn't as athletic as Zeke, but he was smart and a skilled hard worker. That will take you a long way in the NBA, but it won't make you Zeke or Jordan.

That's why Monroe NEEDS Drummond on the floor with him. Drummond is finding his way, and that's fine, but he can also offset some of Monroe's weaknesses!

My real fear with Monroe is that he made his reputation playing against slow centers. How will he do against faster PF's?

One on one he might get his azz whipped, but in a team effort he should be okay. Lamb wasn't the biggest or fastest but he learned to defend bigger faster players, most time it's positioning and angles but having a shot blocker behind has it pluses as well. Monroe would be so much better offensively from the PF spot than C spot.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty I Guess CV Is My New Kwame

Post  WTF Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Play CV! Play CV!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Did Joe Dumars attend any of the Pistons pre season practice sessions?

Post  cool breeze Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:38 pm

I was wondering what was going through Joe's mind if he did watch his big men in action. When the Piston big men had to run suicides, did Joe believe he had some athletically gifted players? Did he believe they were speedy types? Why is it that the Pistons always get the slugs who play at the speed of the players in a different era? Now posters have really thrown in the towel suggesting that the coach bring in Charlie V. Did anybody watch Charlie run the court during the pre season? There must be something wrong with his back or legs. He seems to drag his legs or run somewhat like non athletic girls in the 1950s. Maybe he should kick his legs out to the side to give us a real thrill when he runs back on defense once the Pistons return to the Palace and Charlie plays. If we want to get a good laugh, why not start Charlie V at center and Daye at power forward the next time the Pistons play the Lakers?

How about trying THE RUSSIAN? There is no way that THE RUSSIAN would have allowed that windmill dunk. He is a tough player. Maybe he will get in foul trouble but that guy plays tough and will put the hurt on people. The soft big men on this roster are all talk. Monroe says stuff about not allowing such a play but when has he brought toughness on defense? They say Monroe had a good game last night. His stats look great. However, to me he was a liability because he couldn't run the court and he didn't play effective defense. Monroe looks winded and out of shape. The guy can become a great player but doesn't know how to get there or doesn't want it bad enough. We fans can take losing games but it is sad to see how the Pistons are losing. This owner is paying a lot of money for what????????

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty CV

Post  Oracle Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:41 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Play CV! Play CV!

I actually agree with that.

There's a lot I don't like about CV, but if you're going to play vets, it's stupid to NEVER play a guy that can be so good off the bench!

On a team where we have a dirth of scoring, it's coaching malpractice to not play a guy that's a known scoring machine, and use him situationally!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Charlie V The Specialist’s Specialist

Post  Fennis Dembo Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:44 pm

Little Larry Frank proved himself to be a true innovator and trendsetting coach Tuesday night against Denver. He ushered in the new age of the specialist to the NBA. There are specialists in the other sports: the place kicker in football, relief pitchers in baseball, penalty killers in hockey.

Now there is Charlie V who the coach put in for the last 4 seconds of the first half. It’s such a new idea that no one has made up a name for it yet. Charlie V got into the game for a grand total of 4 seconds. Coach Frank put him out on the court for the last moments of the first half. I guess the expectation was that the ball would somehow find its way to Charlie and he would hit a long three pointer. Alas and alack Charlie did not get to touch the ball as Knight missed a shot as time ran out. It was back to his familiar position on the bench for the rest of the game for the V Man.

But coaching history was made and a new specialist was born. Who knows? They may open up a new position on the All Star Team, The End Of The Half Four Second Finisher. Sometimes we are in the presence of true greatness and don’t realize it. Then again maybe it was just a goofy idea like having a midget pinch hit in baseball.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:35 pm

Fennis Dembo wrote:Little Larry Frank proved himself to be a true innovator and trendsetting coach Tuesday night against Denver. He ushered in the new age of the specialist to the NBA. There are specialists in the other sports: the place kicker in football, relief pitchers in baseball, penalty killers in hockey.

Now there is Charlie V who the coach put in for the last 4 seconds of the first half. It’s such a new idea that no one has made up a name for it yet. Charlie V got into the game for a grand total of 4 seconds. Coach Frank put him out on the court for the last moments of the first half. I guess the expectation was that the ball would somehow find its way to Charlie and he would hit a long three pointer. Alas and alack Charlie did not get to touch the ball as Knight missed a shot as time ran out. It was back to his familiar position on the bench for the rest of the game for the V Man.

But coaching history was made and a new specialist was born. Who knows? They may open up a new position on the All Star Team, The End Of The Half Four Second Finisher. Sometimes we are in the presence of true greatness and don’t realize it. Then again maybe it was just a goofy idea like having a midget pinch hit in baseball.

And don't forget that Charlie earned all 4 seconds based on the records Frank has kept locked in his safe showing how hard Charlie worked in practice. Who is over weight and labeled a "fat player"? Yes, Charlie has proven to the world that he should have been on that Olympic team. Half court shooting specialist - Charlie V. That was a funny moment. Good job Fennis.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Bad timing for the Pistons

Post  cool breeze Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:03 pm

It is just too bad that Maxiell couldn't have gone up against the Lakers or the Clippers tonight after that huge tax increase hit residents of California. I have had a few friends call to advise that they are requesting job transfers. Imagine the hit Kobe and others will be seeing in the next pay check. They shouldn't play will much energy tonight.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty C.V. is TRASH! That's all to it!

Post  Phil-Good Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:23 pm

Oracle wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Play CV! Play CV!

I actually agree with that.

There's a lot I don't like about CV, but if you're going to play vets, it's stupid to NEVER play a guy that can be so good off the bench!

On a team where we have a dirth of scoring, it's coaching malpractice to not play a guy that's a known scoring machine, and use him situationally!

Sorry. C.V. can't help the Detroit Pistons. I would prefer to see the Euro, JJ, Dre and Max Max before I see C.V.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next