Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+15
Phil-Good
Admin
Flip
Fennis Dembo
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Grizz
FlyDog
merc
Sissy1946
deusXango
cool breeze
frankied
Sebastian
19 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty What is Mr. Gores thinking??

Post  cool breeze Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:55 pm

I keep wondering just how interested Mr. Gores was when it came to following the Pistons before he owned the team. Being that he is from Michigan, I am puzzled as to why he has not fired Dumars if he does know all of the history. What kind of smoke and mirrors has Dumars sold this new owner? How can the owner trust the judgement of Joe if he has spend an hour checking the facts since Dumars made that pick of Rodney White to the present? Does Mr. Gores believe that Stuckey is part of the future of the Pistons? Does he believe that Maxiell is also part of the future or Charlie V? It is incredible that Joe Dumars decided to go to war this season with his selected big men. Dumars has had a long time of grace to pick up another big man who can play average basketball. WHenever Maxiell comes into a game, I can't believe it and yet when I check the roster, I understand what coach Frank is up against. Of course if Charlie V were available to play, I would welcome the sight of Maxiell who can out play Charlie everyday all day. There is a good chance that Detroit will get one of the top 4 picks this year. Can the owner trust Joe Dumars to make the correct decision at draft time? Is the owner so busy lining up singers for the timeouts and half time show to actually concentrate on the team?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Injury Report For Tonight's Game

Post  FlyDog Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:27 pm

Thanks, Deus. I attribute my twisted view on things to all of the acid and ecstasy I took in the 80's and 90's. The sunshine may be a contributing factor.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty What Is Mr. Gores Thinking?

Post  FlyDog Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Come on Don..........cut the guy some slack. He booked Vanilla Ice, fer crissakes.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty What Is Mr. Gores Thinking?

Post  FlyDog Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:46 pm

I also think he sprung for boob jobs for the entire "Automotion" dance team. The last time I saw that much silicone..............I don't think I've actually seen so much silicone. Bravo, sir.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:52 pm

merc wrote:Fennis, some of the problems on defense (opp fg% and ppg) comes from the stagnant offense... they turn the ball over more than the other teams ... leading to easy buckets.
I see the effort on D... minus the mobile big needed.

Very true Mercury. I also have noticed that the effort has been there on the defensive end unlike last season. That is why I am enjoying watching all of the games even though the Pistons are almost certain to lose most games. Last season I just didn't enjoy watching any of the players except for perhaps Monroe but even Monroe was not much fun to watch then. The Piston offense, which Dumars thought would be terrific with Gordon, Stuckey, and Charlie V, has not performed at the NBA level. I really doubt that with the exception of Gordon, the other two would really struggle to get playing time in a good college program. Charlie is of course injured but he has been a soft player giving a soft effort since he arrived. He played at a much higher level in college. Stuckey doesn't have the smarts to make it in a good college program where you have to be able to adjust to changing defenses and actually play defense well to EARN playing time. Sometimes the NBA hurts the development of players. During the last game, only Prince was able to create his own shot. He played a great overall game but fans focus on winning and forget individual efforts. This season it is necessary to focus on the little things to enjoy the Piston team. I love seeing Knight do things I thought he would not be able to grasp this soon as a 20 year old guy coming to a horrible team. Knight is going to be real good if he can avoid injury. Although I thought the pick of Daye was a real mistake, I feel for him now that his back is against the wall. Funny that Dumars is now placing pressure on Daye even though he is injured but has given his pet, Stuckey a free pass for 3 years. I still ask the question, why did he get a new contract after he failed to improve in any area since his rookie season? That fact does not make for a bright future for Stuckey or Dumars.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Don't Hurt Me, Guy!

Post  FlyDog Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:25 pm

"Although I thought the pick of Daye was a real mistake, I feel for him now that his back is against the wall."......................Cool Breeze

I bet his back was to the wall when Ben approached him in the shower too.

I don't "Feel" for Austin "Goofball" Daye. He needs to pull his head out of his ass, and EARN his contract, let alone playing time. No excuse for him to come in this year skinnier than last year. None. He's a friggin bag of bones. I'm embarrassed for him, since he isn't embarrassed for himself. But he doesn't have my sympathy, whatsoever.

I agree with your views on Stunk, CV and Knight 100%.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Performance Change To The Etta James Halftime Show

Post  FlyDog Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:29 pm

Due to miss Etta's untimely death (RIP), she will no longer be performing. In her honor, Mr. Gores is bringing in "Mr. Auto-tune", T-Pain as her replacement.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Sebastian

Post  FlyDog Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:38 pm

I love your avatar. Even as a teen, Sheed had that devilish grin..........you can tell he's trouble (In a GOOD way, imo). Anyway..........I'm down with a project like Thabeet. You can't teach 7'3" on a solid frame. I'd rather see him than a guy like Maxiell out there.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty OUR Roster

Post  Sebastian Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:13 pm

WE have the most talentless team in the League. I know WE have an NBA team masquerading as a Korean War MASH unit, but damn WE don't have any talent.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Red Behind The Ears

Post  FlyDog Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:41 pm

For the 1st time this year, tonight; these guys are really, seriously, pissing me off. You know that big orange circle ten feet up? PUT THE FUCKING BALL INSIDE OF THAT MOTHER FUCKER PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY CRAP THIS IS PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty lol ... HOPE THEY HEAR YOU FLY!

Post  Grizz Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:45 pm

FlyDog wrote:For the 1st time this year, tonight; these guys are really, seriously, pissing me off. You know that big orange circle ten feet up? PUT THE FUCKING BALL INSIDE OF THAT MOTHER FUCKER PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY CRAP THIS IS PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Garbage

Post  Flip Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:46 pm

I can't believe Gores has the nerve to put on halftime concerts as if the fans are supposed to celebrate this crap.

Yeah, I'm working at the car wash baby! banana TT pom pom party dance guitar

Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:50 pm

We supposedly couldn't spend extra to get a real coach like Adelman in the summer, but we can afford to put on free concerts at halftime?

I think Gores is confused. This is the basketball team. You're supposed to draw fans of rock concerts to the DTE Energy Theater, not to the Palace where they pay to see good basketball. facepalm

Its like they think they can dupe fans into coming, and get around having to put a good team on the court, if they just hire enough big name musicians to play at halftime. Meanwhile, half the crowd has already by halftime. lol
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty NO INISDE POST GAME?

Post  Grizz Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:51 pm

..THEN DIE BY THE JUMP SHOT! .. GOOD GMs .. Good Head Coaches Understand this.... It is kind of like an NFL team without a running game .. you are going to be exposed as the defense overloads and stops your one-sided attack .. Prince in the POST? Dont make me laugh! no GM / HC worth his salt ever ignored the inside post game .. Still would have fired dumars on the spot for saying the next thing Monroe needs is a 15 foot jump shot .. (and about a dozen other braindead moves before that).. Joe .. in case you have amnesia about what a big looks like or what an inside post game move looks like ..., Take a look at the Memphis Grizzlies! As Goodwill recently wrote ... Bigs dont grow on trees...NO SHIT! (implying that poor Dumars could not nor can now do anything to get a big) which is BULL SHIT! ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Garbage

Post  FlyDog Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:53 pm

Yeah............all 1243 fans. 890 are Morris Day fans. 2 are Austin Daye fans. His mom and his boyfriend. His dad boycotted in protest; plus, he likes to watch good basketball. He's at home on the couch.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Flip .. LMFAO .. lol ;)... so true bro ..

Post  Grizz Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:53 pm

Flip wrote:I can't believe Gores has the nerve to put on halftime concerts as if the fans are supposed to celebrate this crap.

Yeah, I'm working at the car wash baby! banana TT pom pom party dance guitar

Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty You guys are killing me .. LOL!

Post  Grizz Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:57 pm

deusXango wrote:
FlyDog wrote:Stuckey is out with a sore vagina (Did Big Ben attack him in the showers like he did to Austin Daye?). Charlie V has a sore Cankle.........he's out. Will Bynum is also out with a strained ego.
clap I don't care what anybody says, it's the sunshine! LOL Fly Dog. Bow Down
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Dont be too impressed with our defense, because the Pistons are 29th in points allowed per possession .. but yes . I agree they are trying harder..

Post  Grizz Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:58 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Fennis Dembo wrote:As far as I can tell our beloved Pistons and New Orleans are the only two teams that haven’t scored a hundred point in a game this season. Detroit is last in scoring averaging 85 points and the Hornets are 28th. The Pistons are 29th in turnovers and 25th in field goal percentage.

Frank is supposed to be a defensive guru and they are a respectable 15th in points given up per game. What can he do to fix this offense? Does anybody have any suggestions?

For both Charlie and Austin to come back from ankle injuries so we can cut down on the minutes that Big Ben and JMax are getting. I never seen such a lack of offense from 2 players getting 20 minutes in a game. They are getting nil from the bench after Stuckey and he hasn't been lighting up the scoreboard so far this season.

There also seem to be an issue with JJ who numbers are down from his rookie season.
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Walker Russell Jr.

Post  deusXango Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:15 pm

Murph wrote:It looks as if D-League call-up Walker Russell Jr. will make is NBA debute tonight for the Pistons, as Bynum and Stuckey are hurt and not expected to play. Congrats to Russell! dance

It will be interesting to see if the play of Russell, the only pure PG on the Pistons' roster tonight, will improve the Pistons' offense, currently ranked last in the Leauge.
In addition to that Murph, he makes a hell of a lot more sense than Damien Wilkins. We have enough SG's and SF's but there is no competition at PG. Oh by the way, Brandon Knight is the best SG on the team by far; he's a very capable PG understudy, something we're not used to, but he's our SG!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Strategy

Post  Grizz Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:17 pm

Knight playing on fire .. But why call Prince's number on a back in post move? GREG MONROE IS OUR ONLY BIG.... USE HIM! Make the other team's bigs work!
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty 2012 DRAFT

Post  deusXango Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:23 pm

If Joe has the 5th pick and he's available he's sure to take Harrison Barnes. If the Pistons get the 1st pick Joe's going to take Harrison Barnes....if he's available.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Gettiing more height

Post  Grizz Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:38 pm

Interesting that Frank puts Daye into the game with the game on the line ... sort of .. Applaud that ... I guess he is playing SF .. which is good ..

Last edited by Grizz on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Moral Victory.............

Post  FlyDog Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:47 pm

Seems it's the only kind we can get these days. Good to see Knight go off in the 3rd Quarter.

Austin Daye will not find an NBA team to pay him to play for them by the 2014-2015 season. He sucks.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Gettiing more height

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:47 pm

Yeah, gotta agree!

For once I agree with our intrepid broadcasters, memphis is GOOD!

We'll get back there, but it's a good old fashion arse whooping now.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Wise: Give Joe Credit!!!

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:56 pm

Travel back to 2004! Joe hand picked ALL of the quality pieces except for one, Sheed, and he got the ONE coach that Sheed cold respect on day one!

Let's see, he hand picked Chauncey, RIP, Prince, Memo, Corlis, Atkins, Ben Wallace, and more!

How in the world can you call that pure Luck?

Was he lucky? Yes!

But was there a plan that was executed almost flawlessy? Pretty close!

Give Joe his due for that, you still have more than enough to complain about.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next