FORUM

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Grizz

Post  FlyDog on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:51 am

Goodwill is so dumb, he slams Joe when he tries to compliment him.

Vincent Goodwill: Fans keep harping on the signings of Charlie Villanueva and Ben Gordon two summers ago. Well, that was the last big move Dumars made, and it was 21 months ago.

Except the 8.5 and 7 million a year contracts for Stuckey and Prince.
avatar
FlyDog

Posts : 764
Join date : 2011-12-14
Age : 46
Location : Fort Myers, FL (Lil Pakistan)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  WTF on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:22 am

frankied I'm sure after meeting the love of one's life one would treat them way Joe treated this team. Sure Joe deserves some credit and I'm not taking it away I simply don't recognize it to be of some genius that it occurred.

Also you keep missing the point that I'm not taking away from the teams accomplishment in 2004 I'm of the mind players and coaches win titles when it matters. Like I said Joe is like the dumb parent that happen to give birth to a smart child and it's clear Joe still is that same dumb parent even today.
avatar
WTF

Posts : 4150
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

OK .. you photo alterring whizzes ... do your thing .. here is my suggestion for mocking Vincent Goodwill

Post  WTF on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:24 am

Good one Grizz this photo is perfect for Goodwill
avatar
WTF

Posts : 4150
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  WTF on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:34 am

merc wrote:
deusXango wrote:Who's better, the retired Rasheed Wallace and Antonio McDyess or the active Jason Maxiell and Charlie Villanueva?
Put me down for option #1 in... Sheed & Dice would be better in a wheelchair

I'll take the old guys Wallace and Dice
avatar
WTF

Posts : 4150
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Photoshop expersts .. see what you can do with a photo of Goodwill and a photo of Steve Urkel in Family Matters

Post  Grizz on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:26 am

Grizz wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this image]


Vincent Goodwill: Fans keep harping on the signings of Charlie Villanueva and Ben Gordon two summers ago. Well, that was the last big move Dumars made, and it was 21 months ago.


Vincent Goodwill: Pistons GM Joe Dumars plans to finish what he started

Vincent Goodwill: In the NBA, contending is a matter of dollars and sense.


Vincent Goodwill: It doesn't take long to see which teams fall on what side of things. Either a team is competing to win a title or it's trying to rebuild. There's very little, if any, middle ground.

I WANTED TO PUT IN FAR DUMBER QUOTES BY VGOODWILL .. BUT ... LOOKS LIKE THE DETROIT NEWS DELETES HIS ARTICLES TO PROTECT VINCENT GOODWILL FROM HIMSELF AND THE ANGRY PISTON FAN MOB THAT WOULD ENSUE ...DAMN!
avatar
Grizz

Posts : 622
Join date : 2011-12-13
Age : 57
Location : Wakayama, Japan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ellis Article Replaces Good Will Article

Post  WTF on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:04 am

Dumars told Matt Dery of WXYT-FM (97.1): "We all hate losing, man. Nobody wants to lose. But we also know we have to restock our talent base here. And that's what we're doing. We're restocking our talent base to become good again.

"I wish I could snap my fingers and it could all be healed right now. But we would be the only team in the league doing that. If we could snap our fingers and make it happen, I would do it in a heartbeat. But I can't. I have to take time to rebuild the talent base so we can become good again."

The Pistons have signaled for some time that they are interested in acquiring young pieces and are focused mostly on deals that will either bring them draft picks or allow them to get rid of one of their costly contracts.That will probably remain the case through the March 15 trade deadline and into the off-season.

Typically two types of teams make blockbuster moves: teams with cap space or contenders. The Pistons are over the cap, and it's apparent they aren't close to contending for anything except the NBA's worst record.
Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down

We shall see if what I highlighted in red is the case. I could believe this if Joe wasn't signing players like Tay to 4 year deals, and holding on to BG contract which should have been amnestied, it would have been far easier to hold on to Rip and trade him for youth and picks before March. There is no way Joe is going to be able to dump Gordon's contract this season or next.

They keep mentioning a plan but never speak on what the plan is. I doubt if they even ask Joe what his plan might consist of? has anyone every seen or read an interview where that questions was actually asked?

avatar
WTF

Posts : 4150
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

2004!

Post  deusXango on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:52 am

I remember well the joy Piston Nation experienced when our beloved team won it all; it's nothing like being recognized as champion of the world! Sick analogy for 'ya. Winning is like being dead; wheather by accident or by murder, you're just as dead; regardless of if we won by design or by dumb luck, we won!

I think that fans who were paying attention to the mechinations going on with the team surrounding the championship of 2004 realize there was something wrong with our GM's thinking even then. He was reliant on the advise of Will Robinson, and Mr. Davidson to clean up messes he made; the signing of Jud Buchler to an outrageous contract because he was "a 3 point specialist" (who avg. 2.9 a game), holding onto Cliff Robinson and Michael Curry as "Big Ben's" support in the paint when combined they were barely half the player Ben was. After the championship was won he began dismantling the bench, not upgrading it. It wasn't the drafting of Darko that was sickening, but the not drafting Carmelo Anthony, thus wasting a pick we waited 7 years to use. Anthony was viewed as the 2nd best player in the country at the time. Never making a championship level effort to replace Ben Wallace, after we foolishly let him go. "It's all about the money with Ben." Hell yes!! Ben was under-paid for what he brought to this team and meant to the franchise as a whole. In comparison Maxiell, Gordon, CV, and Stuckey were paid better than Wallace! Those ECF were wastes as Joe sat on his hands and didn't make team improvements for Flip to have a shot at getting over the top. Flip, the coach who let the team coach itself. Joe's lack of leadership showed up when he didn't step in and check his team about their attitude toward their coach then; that's where that "turn it on, turn it off" shit came from. I know Flip didn't coach that!

When it comes to the trading of our leader, death of our owner, coaching hires, poor FA signings, and excuse making/blaming the lunatic behavior was already in place. Those of us who remember it all can't help but be bitter today.
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

2004!

Post  WTF on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:02 pm

DX true we won and I enjoyed every minute of it, but I was praising the tune of the players and not Joe for that success. You are absolutely on point that the madness started long before the 2005 season begun and it continues today.
avatar
WTF

Posts : 4150
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tay and Stuckey

Post  WTF on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:26 pm

So Joe does explain his reasoning behind resigning Tay and Stuckey and I can agree with it some, but this whole theory of youth that he implies to be the basis of rebuilding plan doesn't make sense when Big Ben and JMax are clocking minutes ahead of Macklin.

Also there is no way I can be convinced that under this theory that Ben Gordon or CV should still be on this roster if losing is to be expected why continue to bind the team to their contracts. They are holding up progress.
avatar
WTF

Posts : 4150
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How can the offense be fixed?

Post  Fennis Dembo on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:58 pm

As far as I can tell our beloved Pistons and New Orleans are the only two teams that haven’t scored a hundred points in a game this season. Detroit is last in scoring averaging 85 points and the Hornets are 28th. The Pistons are 29th in turnovers and 25th in field goal percentage.

Frank is supposed to be a defensive guru and they are a respectable 15th in points given up per game. What can he do to fix this offense? Does anybody have any suggestions?


Last edited by Fennis Dembo on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fennis Dembo

Posts : 231
Join date : 2011-12-27
Location : Milky Way Galaxy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How can the offense be fixed?

Post  WTF on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:09 pm

Fennis Dembo wrote:As far as I can tell our beloved Pistons and New Orleans are the only two teams that haven’t scored a hundred point in a game this season. Detroit is last in scoring averaging 85 points and the Hornets are 28th. The Pistons are 29th in turnovers and 25th in field goal percentage.

Frank is supposed to be a defensive guru and they are a respectable 15th in points given up per game. What can he do to fix this offense? Does anybody have any suggestions?

For both Charlie and Austin to come back from ankle injuries so we can cut down on the minutes that Big Ben and JMax are getting. I never seen such a lack of offense from 2 players getting 20 minutes in a game. They are getting nil from the bench after Stuckey and he hasn't been lighting up the scoreboard so far this season.

There also seem to be an issue with JJ who numbers are down from his rookie season.
avatar
WTF

Posts : 4150
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  merc on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:25 pm

Fennis, some of the problems on defense (opp fg% and ppg) comes from the stagnant offense... they turn the ball over more than the other teams ... leading to easy buckets.
I see the effort on D... minus the mobile big needed.


Last edited by merc on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
merc

Posts : 1067
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  merc on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:28 pm

The more I think about it the more I'm willing to give up our lotto pick for McGee... top two protected... after Davis and Drummond it's questionable that any of the others would provide everything McGee does.... do it!
avatar
merc

Posts : 1067
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  Murph on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:35 pm

merc wrote:The more I think about it the more I'm willing to give up our lotto pick for McGee... top two protected... after Davis and Drummond it's questionable that any of the others would provide everything McGee does.... do it!

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout.
avatar
Murph

Posts : 995
Join date : 2011-12-13
Age : 57
Location : Wilton, CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

reality check on mcgee...

Post  frankied on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:59 pm

folks who are talking about trading a high lottery pick for a guy like mcgee need to do some research on him. i read the washington post sports section regularly and i also read this website, bullets forever, because it is an excellent site for info on the bullets and mcgee.
their view of mcgee is decidedly mixed. everyone acknowledges his talent. but everyone also acknowledges some very negative things about his game.
i really like mcgee and would love to have him. however, the idea of giving up a lottery pick for him, especially one that is not protected up to about the #10 pick, makes no sense. yes, he is talented, but he also has serious flaws that he may never work through. he is the kind of prospect - still, after 4 years - that you may want to acquire, but not at an extremely high price.
following are short takes on the thunders game, where they discuss things that have been gone over previously. as you can see, the wizards played BETTER without mcgee.
again, if you want to know about mcgee, bullets forever is an excellent resource. a link to the post this is excerpted from is included below.

"-Things began to improve when Trevor Booker checked in and the Wizards went small. I know people are going to harp on punishing JaVale McGee for taking him out, but it's hard to deny the Wizards played better after that change was made. Booker did Booker things, and while Russell Westbrook still overpowered Wall, the Wizards' offense had much better spacing and more open lanes to drive and secure offensive rebounds....

-Saunders gave McGee a quick hook again in the second quarter, and things began to improve again. I know McGee's individual numbers have improved this year, but this speaks to a lot of what Kevin Broom wrote earlier today. Despite whatever strides he's making, there are many stretches where the team just plays better with him on the bench. There are also stretches where he's making a huge difference for the team, but let's not pretend those stretches always happen."
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
avatar
frankied

Posts : 514
Join date : 2011-12-15
Location : Portland, Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Walker Russell Jr.

Post  Murph on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:07 pm

It looks as if D-League call-up Walker Russell Jr. will make is NBA debute tonight for the Pistons, as Bynum and Stuckey are hurt and not expected to play. Congrats to Russell! dance

It will be interesting to see if the play of Russell, the only pure PG on the Pistons' roster tonight, will improve the Pistons' offense, currently ranked last in the Leauge.
avatar
Murph

Posts : 995
Join date : 2011-12-13
Age : 57
Location : Wilton, CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  frankied on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:30 pm

Murph wrote:It looks as if D-League call-up Walker Russell Jr. will make is NBA debute tonight for the Pistons, as Bynum and Stuckey are hurt and not expected to play. Congrats to Russell! dance

It will be interesting to see if the play of Russell, the only pure PG on the Pistons' roster tonight, will improve the Pistons' offense, currently ranked last in the Leauge.
even when they use the d-league, they don't use it correctly.
instead of bringing up a 29 year old guard who's potential - or lack of same - is well known, how about finding a young player who may develop and turn into something worthwhile.
rebuilding?
bringing in a 29 year old guard?
geez, i try to give dumars the benefit of the doubt, but every time, he does something really dumb or dense to make me think that i'm stupid for giving him a break.
avatar
frankied

Posts : 514
Join date : 2011-12-15
Location : Portland, Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  Murph on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:41 pm

frankied wrote:even when they use the d-league, they don't use it correctly.
instead of bringing up a 29 year old guard who's potential - or lack of same - is well known, how about finding a young player who may develop and turn into something worthwhile.
rebuilding?
bringing in a 29 year old guard?

Well, look on the bright side frankie. Tonight's loss will bring us one small step closer to drafting either Drummond or Davis.

In the meantime, I'm happy Russell is getting a call-up 2 thumbs up
avatar
Murph

Posts : 995
Join date : 2011-12-13
Age : 57
Location : Wilton, CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  frankied on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:45 pm

Murph wrote:
frankied wrote:even when they use the d-league, they don't use it correctly.
instead of bringing up a 29 year old guard who's potential - or lack of same - is well known, how about finding a young player who may develop and turn into something worthwhile.
rebuilding?
bringing in a 29 year old guard?

Well, look on the bright side frankie. Tonight's loss will bring us one small step closer to drafting either Drummond or Davis.

In the meantime, I'm happy Russell is getting a call-up 2 thumbs up
it will be interesting to see how the team plays with a true point guard in the line up.
my guess is that certain things will run better.
but i'd just much rather that joe use roster space and playing time to find young players who will be part of a contending team 3 years from now.
maybe it's just me, but i doubt that walker will be part of that group of players.
imho, it's just the same kind of lazy scouting that leads them to call back someone they've been flirting with for years.
he's like wilkins. they know him. he is predictable. even though extremely limited, at least they know what to expect.
avatar
frankied

Posts : 514
Join date : 2011-12-15
Location : Portland, Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

JaVele McGee

Post  Sebastian on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:17 pm

frankied wrote:folks who are talking about trading a high lottery pick for a guy like mcgee need to do some research on him. i read the washington post sports section regularly and i also read this website, bullets forever, because it is an excellent site for info on the bullets and mcgee.
their view of mcgee is decidedly mixed. everyone acknowledges his talent. but everyone also acknowledges some very negative things about his game.
i really like mcgee and would love to have him. however, the idea of giving up a lottery pick for him, especially one that is not protected up to about the #10 pick, makes no sense. yes, he is talented, but he also has serious flaws that he may never work through. he is the kind of prospect - still, after 4 years - that you may want to acquire, but not at an extremely high price.
following are short takes on the thunders game, where they discuss things that have been gone over previously. as you can see, the wizards played BETTER without mcgee.
again, if you want to know about mcgee, bullets forever is an excellent resource. a link to the post this is excerpted from is included below.

"-Things began to improve when Trevor Booker checked in and the Wizards went small. I know people are going to harp on punishing JaVale McGee for taking him out, but it's hard to deny the Wizards played better after that change was made. Booker did Booker things, and while Russell Westbrook still overpowered Wall, the Wizards' offense had much better spacing and more open lanes to drive and secure offensive rebounds....

-Saunders gave McGee a quick hook again in the second quarter, and things began to improve again. I know McGee's individual numbers have improved this year, but this speaks to a lot of what Kevin Broom wrote earlier today. Despite whatever strides he's making, there are many stretches where the team just plays better with him on the bench. There are also stretches where he's making a huge difference for the team, but let's not pretend those stretches always happen."
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

I hear you frankied, but there is risk with every trade or personnel transaction in professional sports.

So, maybe WE should try making a trade that may not appear to be on a blockbuster deal level, but one that could prove to be beneficial for OUR Pistons:

-Move Charlie V. or Maxey to the Rockets along with the rights to Kyle Singler to the Rockets for Hasheem Thabeet and Terrance Williams.

The last time that I saw Thabeet was during the pre-season, as McHale refuses to play the guy and yes, he is still a foul machine, but the guy looks a lot better physically. He looks stronger and more balanced. He even ran the floor well, when I last saw him. Adding him to OUR roster makes OUR front line bigger, and guess what the guy is still young, turning 25 on Feb. 16. Adding Terrance Williams to OUR roster will make US a tougher squad, as well. WE could have him coming off as OUR sixth man or start him at the two and have Stuckey come off as OUR sixth man.

As has been stated before, McGee will become a Restricted Free Agent in July and as reports go the Wizard may not be interested in matching an offer of let say $5 million a year. Over the summer, amnesty Ben G.

WE can then use OUR 2012 1st round pick to scoop up Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

Also, before the trade deadline WE can move Tay to a contender for a future 1st round pick.

Viola a new Pistons team that WE all can cheer for. Even I would renew my League Pass subscription to watch this squad regain respect in the League.
avatar
Sebastian

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2011-12-16
Location : Durham, NC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fennis

Post  FlyDog on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:19 pm

The Defense sucks, too. 29th in points per possession. That is unacceptable. The PPG look better because we drain the shot clock on Offense.
avatar
FlyDog

Posts : 764
Join date : 2011-12-14
Age : 46
Location : Fort Myers, FL (Lil Pakistan)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Injury Report For Tonight's Game

Post  FlyDog on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:22 pm

Stuckey is out with a sore vagina (Did Big Ben attack him in the showers like he did to Austin Daye?). Charlie V has a sore Cankle.........he's out. Will Bynum is also out with a strained ego.
avatar
FlyDog

Posts : 764
Join date : 2011-12-14
Age : 46
Location : Fort Myers, FL (Lil Pakistan)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

JaVele McGee

Post  deusXango on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Murph wrote:
merc wrote:The more I think about it the more I'm willing to give up our lotto pick for McGee... top two protected... after Davis and Drummond it's questionable that any of the others would provide everything McGee does.... do it!

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout.
Murph and Merc, I know that you guys are high on McGee, nothing wrong with that, and are willing to go to damn near any length to obtain him, but parting with the first pick??!! Is this all you can think to offer the Wizards for McGee; McGee, a player that they don't particularly want! Let's look at this from a Wizard fan point of view. "Did you hear that dumbass Dumars is going to put us in a position to have 2 of the top 3 or 4 picks in this years draft, and all they want is dumbass JaVale McGee?" Gentlemen we got to move players before draft picks and this years pick is golden!
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Injury Report For Tonight's Game

Post  deusXango on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:45 pm

FlyDog wrote:Stuckey is out with a sore vagina (Did Big Ben attack him in the showers like he did to Austin Daye?). Charlie V has a sore Cankle.........he's out. Will Bynum is also out with a strained ego.
clap I don't care what anybody says, it's the sunshine! LOL Fly Dog. Bow Down
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:45 pm

deusXango wrote:
Murph wrote:
merc wrote:The more I think about it the more I'm willing to give up our lotto pick for McGee... top two protected... after Davis and Drummond it's questionable that any of the others would provide everything McGee does.... do it!

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout.
Murph and Merc, I know that you guys are high on McGee, nothing wrong with that, and are willing to go to damn near any length to obtain him, but parting with the first pick??!! Is this all you can think to offer the Wizards for McGee; McGee, a player that they don't particularly want! Let's look at this from a Wizard fan point of view. "Did you hear that dumbass Dumars is going to put us in a position to have 2 of the top 3 or 4 picks in this years draft, and all they want is dumbass JaVale McGee?" Gentlemen we got to move players before draft picks and this years pick is golden!

deusXango there is no doubt you are correct. Why panic and give up our first round pick for a problem player who cannot fit in on a horrible team? I would take a chance with him if we were offering anyone but Knight, Monroe or JJ. These three players will all get a lot better in two more seasons and they are great chemistry guys. Detroit should get a player in this year's draft that will help transform this team. Because of all the mistakes made my Joe Dumars, this rebuilding process most likely will take more than three years. However, I am actually enjoying watching the games this season. I agree as well that the only way Detroit will become better is to trade our vets and get more round one picks. First on my list to trade is Stuckey. The Pistons should be able to get a first rounder for him. Stuckey is a chemistry breaker. Charlie V might bring a second round draft choice. Go for it! Trade Prince for another vet if possible or a high first round choice. Keep Kyle Singler's rights. Kyle would really help this team right now. He is a good rebounder, defender and passer, can drive, post up and shoot the long ball well. And he is really smart like Knight and gives a real effort unlike some of the vet clowns. Some team might want Gordon as well if Detroit will be willing to eat some the the crazy salary he gets. How about the T Wolves? would they be willing to part with any of their bigs for Stuckey or Gordon plus some money?DO NOT GIVE UP OUR PICK IN THE FIRST ROUND!!

cool breeze

Posts : 2720
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum