Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+15
Phil-Good
Admin
Flip
Fennis Dembo
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Grizz
FlyDog
merc
Sissy1946
deusXango
cool breeze
frankied
Sebastian
19 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Rip blames Joe in not so many words...

Post  WTF Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:09 pm

Flip wrote:Rip's awkward silence in the last 10 sec of the interview, when asked how is his relationship with Joe, speaks volumes on who he blames for the mess the last few years.

I guess we wont be seeing Rips jersey up in the rafters as long as Joe's still here, lol.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Rip knows exactly who was screwing over him the past 3 seasons it wasn't Curry or Kuester it was Joe Dumars screwing him. I said it then and I'll say it again it was always something shady to the claim Rip signed that extension knowing CB was being traded. Bringing in AI and Gordon Joe is shady.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty New Forum Format?

Post  Flip Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:22 pm

hey, some ppl have been requesting changing up the format a bit, and trying to make it easier to read/respnd to each other. So I wanted to get everyones opinion on the idea, and made a poll in the Pistons Talk main section with all the details, where everyone can vote.

Vote when you get a chance, and let me know if you got any questions or suggestions to the concept. Thx Cool
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty yep, exactly what i always thought....

Post  frankied Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:47 pm

Flip wrote:Rip's awkward silence in the last 10 sec of the interview, when asked how is his relationship with Joe, speaks volumes on who he blames for the mess the last few years.

I guess we wont be seeing Rips jersey up in the rafters as long as Joe's still here, lol.

flip,
thanks for the link to the interview.
basically, rip just confirmed exactly what i always thought about how things went down.
the extension...
chauncey DID NOT want to leave...
joe's influence in the whole mess that happened...
man, you have to wonder what in the world has happened to dumars. he used to be a good and decent man and now...
no wonder he has such a hard time getting free agents to come here. i'm sure the word is out about him.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:57 pm

Sebastian wrote:Keith Smart, former Golden State coach will take over the Head Coaching duties. So, this will keep Cousins in Sacramento, at least until the end of the season.
The message sucks... play like a lazy azz... bitch about it and the coach gets fired.
Some of his teammates threw Cousins under the bus.... this is looking like the Pistons of last year.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty the coach is easier to replace...

Post  frankied Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:01 pm

merc wrote:
Sebastian wrote:Keith Smart, former Golden State coach will take over the Head Coaching duties. So, this will keep Cousins in Sacramento, at least until the end of the season.
The message sucks... play like a lazy azz... bitch about it and the coach gets fired.
Some of his teammates threw Cousins under the bus.... this is looking like the Pistons of last year.
its one of the old adages of life in the nba...
the coach is always a lot easier to replace than an entire team or a particular superstar.
that is why the life expectancy of an nba coach is right up there with fruit flies.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:12 pm

frankied wrote:

flip,
thanks for the link to the interview.
basically, rip just confirmed exactly what i always thought about how things went down.
the extension...
chauncey DID NOT want to leave...
joe's influence in the whole mess that happened...
man, you have to wonder what in the world has happened to dumars. he used to be a good and decent man and now...
no wonder he has such a hard time getting free agents to come here. i'm sure the word is out about him.

yeah, I always thought it was shady what Joe did. He obviously conned Rip into signing that extension. He got him to sign it, and then like 2 days later, Chauncey was traded. There's no way Rip signs that ext, if it were proposed AFTER Chauncey was traded, as opposed to before.

Then, after screwing Rip once already, on top of that, he goes out that next off-season and signs Gordon to take half of Rip's minutes.

The strangest part about the whole thing is WHY did Joe even con Rip into the extension in the first place, if he knew he were trading Chauncey and going into rebuild mode?

And why spend all that money on Gordon, when you already had SG who was just as good, if not better, in Rip who you just gave a huge contract ext to?

The whole thing just makes no sense, but Rip was one who ended up getting screwed and Joe is still carrying on like it never happened.

Admin
Admin

https://detroitsportstalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:14 pm

btw, that response was from me, frankie, I forgot I was logged in as admin still when I posted it.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Phillip1980

Post  FlyDog Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:46 pm

Has registered with this Forum. Welcome to him and OBM. Still looking for a few more; Uncle Ty, Upper Michigan............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Rebuild.

FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty What The Eff?

Post  FlyDog Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:47 pm

Where is my avatar and why am I a guest?

FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Phillip1980

Post  WTF Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:06 pm

Where da hell is dat P-Boy at?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty What The Eff?

Post  WTF Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:08 pm

FlyDog wrote:Where is my avatar and why am I a guest?

Flip may be experimenting on some new forum formula, maybe you'll be bionic Fly when he's done. The Bionic Poster The Six Million Dollar FlyDog.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:13 pm

FlyDog wrote:Where is my avatar and why am I a guest?

Fly, I'm not sure what happened. Its possible you got logged out by accident and just need to log back in. I haven't done anything to the format or made any changes. If you cant get logged in let me know and I'll look into it.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Gores Housecleaning Continues

Post  Flip Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:52 pm

Some more longtime Pistons exec's got replaced today.

Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty I Think I'm Back...........

Post  FlyDog Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:11 pm

Sorry, Wise.........not bionic. Same old crap.

I fell asleep before Half-time last night. The boxscore looks ugly. I keep trying to be supportive of Gordon, but you guys are right; much like Charlie Vaginueva, if his shot isn't falling he's pretty much useless.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty The ppl have spoken....

Post  Flip Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:02 pm

lol, ok I put the format to vote and even though not everyone had a chance to vote yet, it was already getting mixed results as far as ppl's opinions, and I was only going to change it if everyone agreed on one thing. So we'll stick with this format. cheers
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty The ppl have spoken....

Post  deusXango Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:25 pm

YEAAaa! Very Happy
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Phil1980boy back in the house baby!

Post  Phil-Good Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:38 am

What's good Piston fans? I'm back in the house and happy to be here!!

I'm happy with 3 things this season

1. L.Frank. I like the pick and roll offense. I like the fact that the ball goes down low. have not seen that in years.

2. The young guys are playing. Other then Austin Daye the young boys are getting A good run night in and night out.

3. Charlie V soft AZZ is not getting any PT. Man, I respect L.Frank for that so much. If you don't play defense you don't play. No problem coach!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Phil1980boy back in the house

Post  deusXango Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:19 am

P-BOY!!! I'm glad you made it, 'fo real, and it'll be refreshing to disagree with you every chance I get Smile seriously tho' I've seen you posting on other sites, but couldn't get to you about this site that Flip put together; I think I speak for us all in saying it's much better than the old DetNews forum. Welcome, Happy 2012, and keep coming back!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:58 am

What's up Phillip... glad ya made it.. Wise has been going through withdrawls clown
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Phillp .. Welcome Back bro!

Post  Grizz Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:34 am

Phil1980boy wrote:What's good Piston fans? I'm back in the house and happy to be here!!

I'm happy with 3 things this season

1. L.Frank. I like the pick and roll offense. I like the fact that the ball goes down low. have not seen that in years.

2. The young guys are playing. Other then Austin Daye the young boys are getting A good run night in and night out.

3. Charlie V soft AZZ is not getting any PT. Man, I respect L.Frank for that so much. If you don't play defense you don't play. No problem coach!

Been good here so far, Phillip .. but everyone will be very happy to see you here again .. Wise needs someone to trade barbs with bad! Dont tell anyone that he missed you! Shssss
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty welcome, p-boy!

Post  frankied Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:54 am

i know you'll say something that irritates the heck out of me, but it will be fun to read.
glad to see you here.
a few more guys and gals and it'll be just like the old forum days.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Real STUFF!!!

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:07 am

It's GREAT to see guys coming back, OBM & Phillip, we missed you!

I would be interested to know how you found your way back.

@DX - Thanks for the kind words. I don't expect everyone to think like I do, the fact of the matter is that we all are a sum of our experiences. Having worked on a lot of classified stuff in the defense industry, I may be jaded because I know a lot about what agencies are doing, and it ain't pretty.

@Flip - I see that I have to log in after awhile. It's the timeout of the cookie that stores our login info. I don't know if you can find the setting to lengthen that timeout or not, but it would be greately appreciated.

@RIP - We still LOVE you RIP, but that last bit of the interview said everything about the way Joe has treated you(and for sure others)! If you're wondering why it's had to make trades, it's probably because joe has lost a lot of respect around the league, from both players and other GM's. Sadly, we may need a change, but I'm still hoping that Joe can do something to restore my faith in him.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Forget about Cousins

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:19 am

Paul Westphall(sp) was FIRED, and the King responded with a win!

Cousins was hugging Smart, the new coach, and everybody was happy.

I guess management stuck with the TALENT, LOL!

Was this a pseudo Magic Johnson Moment?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Frank --- Knight and Daye

Post  Grizz Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:51 am

I was such a big supporter of Laimbeer being the next HC .. and wanted nothing to do with Frank .. the truth is that the last 3 seasons with those last 2 HCs was hell ... It is bad enough having a roster so messed up but then having HCs that compound the situation by doing dumb stuff .. I got to the point where I was often Glad the Pistons lost because that meant we were one game closer to getting Quester / Curry / Dumars fired so the Pistons could start a new, better era .. Frank has changed this totally for me where I actually enjoy watching the Pistons, and feel I was totally wrong to be against Frank's hiring .. .. the team seems better in tune and starting to get back to fundamentals ... less crazy stupid stuff for sure .. Even the loss to the Bulls was a game I enjoyed watching because it seemed like a real team now (not an ongoing joke of 3 to 5 players playing out of position at any time, only 1 or 2 now) .. with a real head coach (not a buffoonery clown) .. Yes, we are still short 2 good bigs .. 1 to pair with Monroe and 1 from the bench .. And Stuckey has not shown he is ready to be a PG for this team yet after 3 seasons of trying .. But Frank appears to coach with a plan long term and short term .. Anyway .. it is sort of a relief .. and he does emphasize defense .. always a must for a Piston fan .. Also .. he has shown some toughness and leadership skills .. We will see exactly how much he has of those as the season goes on .. Gore did quite alright by hiring him .. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Phil1980boy back in the house baby!

Post  WTF Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:28 am

I knew I smelled pee stained sheets in da house. Never thought I would say this but I really did truly.... Oh nevermind. Welcome back!!!!!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next