Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+16
Sebastian
Lobo
merc
Sparma
cool breeze
Fennis Dembo
FlyDog
Rett
deusXango
Murph
Oracle
Flip
Sissy1946
Grizz
frankied
WTF
20 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Grizz

Post  FlyDog Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:54 pm

Re-run don't get it. Obviously, he's not a shill. He's dumb.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Oh...Yeah, BAby!...Let's dance to the "Boston BEAT-DOWN"!!

Post  Rett Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:56 pm

that's what we call......................

Deeeeeetroit BAsketball!!

Lovin this TEAM

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty and J-Max is really coming into his own this year

Post  Rett Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:00 pm

and just to spread around some more LOVE...
This one goes to Coach Frank!! clap

dance

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  frankied Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:08 pm

Grizz wrote:Ellis writes: If Knight would have went top 5 like he was thought to be, you would still be mad at me, Dumars and everybody else because Stuckey would still be playing point guard.

Grizz responds: Mr. Ellis, thank you for responding but you are still ignoring my point .. which is .. somehow you have completely failed to mention that Stuckey is playing shooting guard now and Knight is playing point guard. I mean, are the Tiger beat writers ignoring Cabrera's move to a new position(?), yet you ignore Piston starters changing their playing position as if it means nothing. This is not a small thing and in fact is the main reason Stuckey is free to play at a higher level. Why the denial? Don’t play the victim card with me, just report the truth, and you will get mad respect.
stuckey is playing like a true shooting guard. when he gets the ball he is looking to score and it fits his mentality well. now, when he barrels to the basket, its a good thing. when he gets the ball, he's received the ball from the point guard, and it is his job to try to score as best he can.
no more dribbling the ball at the top of the key and then, crashing to the basket while everybody else watches.
amazing what can happen when a guy plays his proper position.

frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:38 pm

grizz,
thanks for letting that guy know how lots of folks think.
it is so disappointing to have those guys act as the local beat writers.
they are useless. and dishonest and they lack integrity. that nonanswer he gave you to your perfectly reasonable question/point was classic.
i think, however, that patrick hayes is actually pretty good. he has a much more nuanced view of dumars, the pistons and stuckey.
on stuckey, it seems that hayes has believed that stuckey's best position was point guard simply because he offered huge advantages as a point guard. his physical size is one of those positives and advantages. now, i think he pretty much accepts the fact that playing him at PG is problematic.
not sure if you may have caught a particular posting where hayes did not deal with the complexities involved with the "stuckey as PG" controversey, but he has spent lots of time and discussion space dealing with the issue and his position change. i read pistonpowered everyday and hayes definitely has dealt with dumars and the stuckey issue at length. last week, they had "dumars week" there, where they spent the entire week at the blog discussing everything dumars, including lots of discussion on stuckey and his impact and the issues involving him.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Lockerroom after the game

Post  merc Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:10 am

merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Strange numbers

Post  merc Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:18 am

Pistons had only 14 assist (2 by Knight)... usually that's a loss
Jmax had 10 boards in 24 minutes.... his trade stock is like the Jeffersons.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Journalists

Post  Grizz Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:32 am

frankied wrote:grizz,
thanks for letting that guy know how lots of folks think.
it is so disappointing to have those guys act as the local beat writers.
they are useless. and dishonest and they lack integrity. that nonanswer he gave you to your perfectly reasonable question/point was classic.
i think, however, that patrick hayes is actually pretty good. he has a much more nuanced view of dumars, the pistons and stuckey.
on stuckey, it seems that hayes has believed that stuckey's best position was point guard simply because he offered huge advantages as a point guard. his physical size is one of those positives and advantages. now, i think he pretty much accepts the fact that playing him at PG is problematic.
not sure if you may have caught a particular posting where hayes did not deal with the complexities involved with the "stuckey as PG" controversey, but he has spent lots of time and discussion space dealing with the issue and his position change. i read pistonpowered everyday and hayes definitely has dealt with dumars and the stuckey issue at length. last week, they had "dumars week" there, where they spent the entire week at the blog discussing everything dumars, including lots of discussion on stuckey and his impact and the issues involving him.

Frankie, thanks for sharing on that and showing empathy in how wack it is what these writers post and how they respond to the opinions of others. What Ellis and Goodwill post is so surreal in terms of what is actually going on that it really helps me to hear / read what other fans have to say as common sense observations. I feel Goodwil and Ellis have an agenda which is simply to promote by any means the hand that feeds them, not report the truth.

Will try to keep an open mind about Patrick Hayes but his point was he had no idea why Stuckey is playing so well and didnt know whether it would continue. Fair enough but, how can you ignore a position change? He has stated that he believed Knight should be the starting PG from the very beginning of the season, which is impressive. I agree his writing is more intelligent and he tries to find the reason for things. Yet, look at the Tiger writers and the most important issue for this coming season are position switches, yet for the Piston writers, not a peep on similar developments.
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Fly .. Good point,,,, maybe it is just being dumb ... I can respect that much more and will think better of Rerun in the future.

Post  Grizz Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:35 am

FlyDog wrote:Re-run don't get it. Obviously, he's not a shill. He's dumb.
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty If they keep this up, here are the BAD things coming...

Post  Oracle Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:58 am

1. We lose PRIME lottery position
2. CV wants in on the action! Actually this would be good because it could help #1, but CV is just UGLY to watch!
3. Lil Larry starts to look like pint sized Phil Jackson, or just anothe Napolean, just with his hand up his own arse!
4. Now this one will NOT be popular, but it comes with the territory! Joe's GM IQ jumps 20 points! Ok, so that makes it 20 after the "AI for CB" decline, but the trajectory is in the right direction.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Oracle .. well said ..

Post  Grizz Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:11 am

Oracle wrote:1. We lose PRIME lottery position
2. CV wants in on the action! Actually this would be good because it could help #1, but CV is just UGLY to watch!
3. Lil Larry starts to look like pint sized Phil Jackson, or just anothe Napolean, just with his hand up his own arse!
4. Now this one will NOT be popular, but it comes with the territory! Joe's GM IQ jumps 20 points! Ok, so that makes it 20 after the "AI for CB" decline, but the trajectory is in the right direction.

5. Blood pressure rises for ranters / ravers like me with nothing to bitch about ..no one to condemn .. . lol
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Plus We Have To Listen To Rett's Yapping

Post  WTF Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:05 am

Oracle wrote:1. We lose PRIME lottery position

Yeah Oracle I'm stuck between with losing lottery balls or Joe IQ rising. The worst seem to be the team playing it's self out of 1st 2nd or 3rd pick. nothing this team accomplish this season will save Joe from the getting the axe this summer.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty The Real Notes and Quotes from the Boston game

Post  Fennis Dembo Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:31 am

The Real Notes and Quotes from the Boston game not the stuff we get from the beat writers - by Biff Burns

Biff Burns: They gave out rally towels to the fans at the Palace. Obviously they didn‘t need them since the Pistons were leading most of the game. You’d get better results visiting your local neighborhood voodoo priestess. She‘ll get your mojo working. Somebody obviously has been sticking pins in a Charlie V doll since he became a Piston.

Biff Burns: Boston is really looking old out there on the court.
Coach Frank: They’re older than dirt in an Egyptian pyramid. You can hear their bones creaking way up in the stands.

Biff Burns: You held Boston scoreless for 6 minutes and 17 seconds in the third quarter.
Coach Frank: Yea, that Tupperware lid maintenance installed over their rim really did the trick.

Biff Burns: Kevin Garnett did not play again. He went to the NBA seniors league, signed up for Social Security benefits, and picked out a new walker. Could there be a a knee replacement in his future?

Flo Rida sang at halftime. His back up singers were Mary Land, Dela Ware, and Ida Ho.

Biff Burns: We are now hearing that Charlie V is healthy and just has to get shape for his return.
Joe Dumars: Yes, his ankle is much better.
Biff Burns: But we just heard two weeks ago that it was bone spurs in his feet and he would miss a lot more games.
Joe Dumars: I refuse to answer that question on the grounds it may incriminate me and make me look stupid.
Biff Burns: There you have it fans. The Pistons' front office is deliberately putting out misinformation. I think they were actually trained by the KGB during the Cold War.
Joe Dumars: Hey, you didn’t hear it from me.
Biff Burns: Didn’t hear what from you?
Joe Dumars: I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

As requested by Coach Frank here is my effort to put Tayshaun Prince (Prinsanity) on a par with Jeremy Lin (Linsanity) here are the stats from today’s games:
Linsanity 28 points 04 rebounds 14 assists
Prinsanity 13 points 06 rebounds 01 assists

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:29 pm

Rett wrote:

and just to spread around some more LOVE...
This one goes to Coach Frank!! clap

dance

Yeah again only Rett can say some nonsense like this. Damn he's only been on the team 10 years now and you're appluading a claim that he's finally coming into his own "Good Grief Charlie Brown!!!!!" is there anything you wouldn't cheer? JMax need to be giving the team money back for the way he performs in games.

Last edited by WISEFAN on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Ooopsy Boo Boo)
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Knight and Stuckey time

Post  cool breeze Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:53 pm

I just finished watching the Pistons - Kings game after being out of town over the weekend. The Kings have to be considered a team that will be kicking ass and taking names as soon as they start concentrating more on defense. They have some prime time athletes. Early in that game both Knight and Monroe were having a real tough time. Monroe never really recovered from the way Cousins dominated him but he did fight back and play better ball in the second half. Knight was having a tough time on both ends in the first quarter. However, the old vets that everyone wanted to move on to another team or retire held things together. Prince and Ben Wallace were those players who have so much good history with the Pistons. I love the fact that those two guys are still playing for Detroit adapting to a new style and bonding with all the young guys on the team. Dumars might know more than many of us in some ways. The key man on this team is Brandon Knight. The Pistons just have been a different team since he arrived. You can't help but respect and admire him. Knight sits on the bench ans stews because he wasn't helping the team. Then he comes back in and immediately pushes the basketball changing the tempo and making an incredible pass on the break for one of his many assists in that game. This was a statement game in many ways. The kings had been losing with all that talent. They keyed on that game to teach the Pistons a lesson. Isiah Thomas made his first start of the season and was playing really well. Cousins was dominating everyone. They were laughing at the Pistons early on. Last season, the Pistons would have folded. Not this season. Stuckey is a new man playing with Knight. Stuckey not only is a offensive powerhouse but he is defending so much better it is crazy. Both Knight and Stuckey help each other out on defense which never happened in the last three seasons. Pistons fans now have a starting backcourt that many teams will fear. All this team needs now is another young guard who has that same desire to play defense and improve. Gordon is a liability if his shot is not falling. He is the player that Dumars needs to try to move but if that doesn't happen, Gordon still has something positive to give this club with his shooting skills. Monroe and Jerebco will get stronger and become better defenders and rebounder. Dumars just needs to get some real steal in this draft of make a trade for an existing young big who will fit this team. As Boston, Lakers, Miami, Dallas and others start fading, we will have our day in the sun again Piston fans. I suspect teams like the Kings, Timberwolves, and the Pistons will be trying to compete with the Thunder and some of the other teams for the finals. Looking down the road 3 years, this Detroit team should be a really tough out night in and night out.

I am enjoying the winning more than losing and hoping for a higher draft choice. Detroit might get lucky with a lower pick. However, if somebody wants Gordon and Charlie V, could we get a big that would fit an up tempo team?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:02 pm

FlyDog wrote:Associated Press
2-19-12 8:51 PM
Story By: Will Drinkleday

The Detroit Pistons horseplayed and meat-handled the Celtics like Jerry Sandusky and Joe Paterno did to 12 year old Mike Harris in the showers on August 13, 2004; doing the Celtics dry at the Palace of Auburn Hills. The Pistons outscored the Celtics 83 to 11 on fast break points, and held a 63 to 9 advantage at the FT line despite the blatant whistles in favor of the Celtics. Midget and former 80's child star Gary Coleman also provided a spark off the bench for the Pistons, scoring 10 points and recording 2 steals. He also generated some hearty LOL's from the dozens of fans at the Palace, entertaining on a unicycle while balancing a beach ball on his nose during a rousing Halftime performance.

For the Celtics, Martina Daniels had zero points in 7 seconds, and Rajon Rondo lost his fucking mind. Coach Doc Rivers continues to astound the Guinness Book folks, aging at a rate of 3 weeks per loss.

FlyDog this has to be the most creative entry ever made. Keep up the good work!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty WHAT UP DOU?

Post  deusXango Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:09 pm

Should the Celtics beat the Mavericks tonight does that mean:
1. We're on our way to serious contention with this group of guys?
2. We've got some quality trade pieces to bargin with before the deadline?
3. We just own the Celtics like, we own Jersey?

I think we're just coming together and it has nothing to do with what other teams may do......we've been on a slide now we're on a run; who we are is someplace in between.

GO PISTONS GO!!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty GETTING BACK ON THE MAP

Post  deusXango Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:33 pm

The more I look at the way the Pistons have been performing lately, the more I feel Wilson Chandler. I know that he's a restricted FA but the Nuggets owe us one! How would trading rights for rights work out? I mean Singlers rights for Chandler's, how would that work for resigning him? I realize we'd have to "sweeten" that deal, but 4 out of 5 starters for the future would make it worth it.

I still feel that a dynamite PG/floor general would make our backcourt the most formitable in the NBA, and I still wanna see Macklin play for extended minutes for a few games. Stuckey and Knight have opened eyes and noses, but they need a comparable rotation guard to play with them and Gordon and Bynum ain't it....not for consistancy.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Getting Back on the Map

Post  Grizz Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:38 pm

deusXango wrote:The more I look at the way the Pistons have been performing lately, the more I feel Wilson Chandler. I know that he's a restricted FA but the Nuggets owe us one! How would trading rights for rights work out? I mean Singlers rights for Chandler's, how would that work for resigning him? I realize we'd have to "sweeten" that deal, but 4 out of 5 starters for the future would make it worth it.

I still feel that a dynamite PG/floor general would make our backcourt the most formitable in the NBA, and I still wanna see Macklin play for extended minutes for a few games. Stuckey and Knight have opened eyes and noses, but they need a comparable rotation guard to play with them and Gordon and Bynum ain't it....not for consistancy.

DX, We played the Spurs very tough, won that game in most of our minds at least, and they are as hot a team as there is in the NBA ... The Celtics are going nowhere, too old to stay healthy, and are not so good a test of the Pistons having arrived. Where we will likely fall short is against teams that are very athletic and / or have very good bigs .. We need another big and like you wisely notice, 1 more guard, preferably a PG. Chandler would be a good one, not easy to get probably but a good one. Would love to have AA here and now and there never was a good reason to ever have given him away. Bynum in small doses might work for now, but to contend .. need another PG aned even more so, more defensive rebounding post game firepower wpn
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty GETTING BACK ON THE MAP

Post  deusXango Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:06 pm

Grizz, I'm almost certain that we'll get a quality big man in this draft, even if we wait until the 2nd round, the trick is getting the PG that will turn us around completely. This is why I'm high on Kendall Marshall. We can keep winning and develop a winning mentality, and our draft position would allow us to draft Marshall mid 1st round. A PG would fit better with Stuckey and Knight than a SG would. Chandler is the difficult acquisition, but in my opinion, the most important. We'll almost certainly get McGee between now and the beginning of next season, and drafting a player like Jeff Withey in the 2nd round will give us a couple of 7 footers to compliment Monroe. Should Macklin be able to actually play and we hold onto him we'll be set with bigs. This is why I think an outstanding PG and SF for the future is all we need to take a chance on right now.
Our situation is not as bleak for the future unless we can't unload some of the players we have that are either blowing up the payroll or are non-productive, ie. Gordon, Villanueva, Daye, and Bynum. Maxiell has begun to earn his keep, Wallace will have retired, and Wilkins should be gone; Russell Jr. is an upgrade at the 4th guard spot, and he's playing for peanuts. I see us really rolling with the change of culture that Lil' Larry has brought to the team. All we need is for Dumars to give us some positive action.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Good analysis

Post  Grizz Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:00 am

deusXango wrote:Grizz, I'm almost certain that we'll get a quality big man in this draft, even if we wait until the 2nd round, the trick is getting the PG that will turn us around completely. This is why I'm high on Kendall Marshall. We can keep winning and develop a winning mentality, and our draft position would allow us to draft Marshall mid 1st round. A PG would fit better with Stuckey and Knight than a SG would. Chandler is the difficult acquisition, but in my opinion, the most important. We'll almost certainly get McGee between now and the beginning of next season, and drafting a player like Jeff Withey in the 2nd round will give us a couple of 7 footers to compliment Monroe. Should Macklin be able to actually play and we hold onto him we'll be set with bigs. This is why I think an outstanding PG and SF for the future is all we need to take a chance on right now.
Our situation is not as bleak for the future unless we can't unload some of the players we have that are either blowing up the payroll or are non-productive, ie. Gordon, Villanueva, Daye, and Bynum. Maxiell has begun to earn his keep, Wallace will have retired, and Wilkins should be gone; Russell Jr. is an upgrade at the 4th guard spot, and he's playing for peanuts. I see us really rolling with the change of culture that Lil' Larry has brought to the team. All we need is for Dumars to give us some positive action.

DX .. sounds like good directions to go in per your suggestions ... Some of the mistakes of Dumars will take time to work out of the organization ... Jmax, Knight, Stuckey becoming such positive forces is quite a great development for the team .. Coach Frank is now a respected head coach that Gores hired ... Can all this work out to start backing Dumars? Yes, .. if he can untangle some of the roster problems by next season .. will be happier .. Even if Knight and Monroe were obvious choices, he still gets some credit for picking them .. I really believe if Cuester or Curry were here with this roster, it would have been a disaster beyond parallel .. Frank has helped save the season maybe... Would like to see the team make the play offs, and with teams like the hawks and celts crumbling .. might just have a shot .. but if we dont .. would be happy to just see the team and players improve... Turn the page to a brand new and good day .. Very Happy
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Good analysis

Post  Grizz Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:00 am

deusXango wrote:Grizz, I'm almost certain that we'll get a quality big man in this draft, even if we wait until the 2nd round, the trick is getting the PG that will turn us around completely. This is why I'm high on Kendall Marshall. We can keep winning and develop a winning mentality, and our draft position would allow us to draft Marshall mid 1st round. A PG would fit better with Stuckey and Knight than a SG would. Chandler is the difficult acquisition, but in my opinion, the most important. We'll almost certainly get McGee between now and the beginning of next season, and drafting a player like Jeff Withey in the 2nd round will give us a couple of 7 footers to compliment Monroe. Should Macklin be able to actually play and we hold onto him we'll be set with bigs. This is why I think an outstanding PG and SF for the future is all we need to take a chance on right now.

DX .. sounds like good directions to go in per your suggestions ... Some of the mistakes of Dumars will take time to work out of the organization ... Jmax, Knight, Stuckey becoming such positive forces is quite a great development for the team .. Coach Frank is now a respected head coach that Gores hired ... Can all this work out to start backing Dumars? Yes, .. if he can untangle some of the roster problems by next season .. will be happier .. Even if Knight and Monroe were obvious choices, he still gets some credit for picking them .. I really believe if Cuester or Curry were here with this roster, it would have been a disaster beyond parallel .. Frank has helped save the season maybe... Would like to see the team make the play offs, and with teams like the hawks and celts crumbling .. might just have a shot .. but if we dont .. would be happy to just see the team and players improve... Turn the page to a brand new and good day .. Very Happy
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Tmac at it again

Post  Grizz Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:02 am

Tmac is creating more unrest .... just like with us ... just like with other teams before us .. Didnt like then .. Dont like him now .. wont like him in the future .. Poison for any team .. Just like AI was .. Both of whom did nothing for me to like Joe Dumars as a GM ...
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty TMac

Post  Oracle Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:31 am

Grizz wrote:Tmac is creating more unrest .... just like with us ... just like with other teams before us .. Didnt like then .. Dont like him now .. wont like him in the future .. Poison for any team .. Just like AI was .. Both of whom did nothing for me to like Joe Dumars as a GM ...
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Wow, what a TURD ButCrack is!

Last edited by Oracle on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Hi Forum, I'm Charlie V, and I have one question...

Post  Oracle Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:34 am

Where's

My

BITCHES!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next