Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+16
Sebastian
Lobo
merc
Sparma
cool breeze
Fennis Dembo
FlyDog
Rett
deusXango
Murph
Oracle
Flip
Sissy1946
Grizz
frankied
WTF
20 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty OUR Piss Poor Defense and Offense for that matter ...

Post  Sebastian Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:08 pm

deusXango wrote:
Sebastian wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Sebastian, how in the world did Stuckey manage to get his lips on Delfino and not his hand on the ball? I know you know. You can tell me, I'm your friend. Smile

Naugh, duesXango, I can't call it. Not my thing, man. But, I was just making a crack on how awful OUR defense has been this season. That's all.

You know, it is actually bad when WE start making jokes about OUR squad. This season is so damn depressing. Sad
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty links?

Post  frankied Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:31 pm

links?
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty One Great Post

Post  Grizz Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:42 pm

frankied wrote:if joe'd been smart he could have structured everything so that stuckey and afflalo would get paid, right when chauncey and rip were getting less on their deals.
for instance, if joe had not traded chauncey, he would now be in the last year of his big deal. next year, his legit market value would have probably been, in the mid-level exception range, plus a million or two. he might even have given the team a home town discount, in order to help the team out.
joe could have structured rip's extension, with chauncey's deal in mind. first, as DX noted, he definitely overpaid rip, which is why rip was so eager to sign the deal. and it is likely, considering everything, that he would have signed a two year extension, especially if it was obviously designed to keep him paired with chauncey, both in terms of salary and contract length. imho, joe deliberately overpaid rip and gave him 3 years on the extension, because he knew how upset he would be because of the chauncey trade. if there's no chauncey trade, i don't think the horrible rip extension ever happens.
and f they'd still been here, both afflalo and stuckey could have been given the one year qualifying offer with the promise of being taken care of the next year, as free agents, once chauncey and rip's salaries took the expected downturn. certainly all of this would have taken a lot of trust and good faith on everyone's part, but if joe had handled the situation well, it could have easily been done. and the bottom line is that they team that still has the player, and his bird rights and other advantages, is always going to be the most attractive option for a free agent. so even if they were not extremely happy about the one year qualifying offer, that issue could have been finessed.
the team's backcourt could have been set up for another decade, in terms of performance and contracts, if joe had not blown it.
the frontcourt was the problem and had been the problem. he needed to address that part of the team, not destroy its strength, the backcourt.
his moves have truly been historically bad, and an incredible example of the team inflicting almost mortal damage to itself.

Great points about the ISSUES of TRUST, Front Court and keeping our 4 guard rotation at the time intact .. rockon . Yeah .. I think other players around the league noticed Joe's behind the scenes dishonesty with regard to CB and Rip .. and Joe LOST both CRED and REP and more .. since then ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Ridin' the Storm Out part 2: Hey Merc: Maybe Before Long We'll Be Playing This Jam

Post  Sissy1946 Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:44 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] Something happening here, What is his ain't exactly clear, there's a man with a gun over there, maybe if we get rid of Charley V, Gordon, Maxiell, Bynum, Wallace it will all be perfectly clear that we'll be back to winning!
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty link

Post  Grizz Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:58 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty NICE WIN

Post  Grizz Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:50 pm

KNIGHT AND MONROE .. OUR FUTURE ... PLAYED GREAT ... and JMAX did a lot this game for the win ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  frankied Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:58 pm

couldn't open the link, but i listened to the game.
sounds like knight had a career game.
one interesting thing is that it appeared that russell played a lot with knight late in the game. it may be best to play knight off the ball for a while, as he gets more accustomed to playing in the league. it definitely gives the team a good decision-maker on the floor, especially one who is going to have the ball in his hands.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:02 pm

thanks for the link, grizz.
yes, max played well. he's played well since ben moved into the starting line up a while back. when he was paired with ben and wilkins on the second unit it was brutal. playing with monroe gives him opportunities he'd never have otherwise. he's able to play the center spot on defense, also, which is where he should be. and offensively, he's been able to do a bit of high/low stuff with monroe that has worked well.
now, just imagine if joe had picked up a REAL big guy, one with nice hands, and a similar game as maxiell's. if and when he does that, the team will be truly dangerous.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Nice WIN

Post  Sebastian Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:09 pm

Great win, larglely because it was conducted by OUR future, Knight and Monroe.

They played like they cared. They refused to take an "L", tonight. clap
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Nice WIN

Post  deusXango Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:18 am

Sebastian wrote:Great win, larglely because it was conducted by OUR future, Knight and Monroe.

Great, great game from beginning to end. It's been a long time since I've seen a Pistons win like this.
Sebastian, I was just joking you man and you're right, it is sad when all we can do is make fun of our heroes because they're not really heroes. We got an unwanted win tonight. Yeeeah! GO PISTONS! (I know that Rett is going to take me to task for that last crack.)
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Link

Post  Grizz Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:32 am

frankied wrote:couldn't open the link, but i listened to the game.
sounds like knight had a career game.
one interesting thing is that it appeared that russell played a lot with knight late in the game. it may be best to play knight off the ball for a while, as he gets more accustomed to playing in the league. it definitely gives the team a good decision-maker on the floor, especially one who is going to have the ball in his hands.

Frankie .. I am not sure the trouble you faced in using this link .. but there are 2 or 3 pop ups that will block the screen .. They can be removed by clicking the red x in the upper right corner .. the 3rd one you have to wait 30 seconds and then click the X in the top center of that pop up .. Sorry it is so complicated ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:22 am

Sissy1946 wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link] Something happening here, What is his ain't exactly clear, there's a man with a gun over there, maybe if we get rid of Charley V, Gordon, Maxiell, Bynum, Wallace it will all be perfectly clear that we'll be back to winning!
Looking for the LIKE button... tb
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty They have HEART!.......................Ya gotta have HEART!

Post  Rett Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:38 am

Sebastian wrote:Great win, larglely because it was conducted by OUR future, Knight and Monroe.

Gone with ya bad boys....Good "W"

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Let me...

Post  Oracle Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:55 am

merc wrote:
Sissy1946 wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link] Something happening here, What is his ain't exactly clear, there's a man with a gun over there, maybe if we get rid of Charley V, Gordon, Maxiell, Bynum, Wallace it will all be perfectly clear that we'll be back to winning!
Looking for the LIKE button... tb

Second that, I LOVE that song!!!

BTW, that man with the Gun was Rodney White, and he had two of them!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Knight And Monroe

Post  FlyDog Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:50 am

Finally...........a fun game to watch. Monroe didn't shoot that great in the 2nd Half, but I don't think I've EVER seen him play so determined; loved his body language and the look on his face. He looked angry............almost as if his heart had been questioned.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Knight

Post  FlyDog Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:58 am

He was exceptional. 26 points, 7 assists and ZERO turnovers. He threw a pinpoint bounce pass through traffic on a fast break while sliding to his knees. That play was sensational, and it reminded me of................I won't even say it. We'll leave that type of hyperbole to Blaha and Rett. He would have had a double-double had Tay and Monroe not blown several layups off of nice passes.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Anybody Else Notice.........

Post  FlyDog Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:35 am

That "Mr. Heart", Ben Wallace, had his old ass glued to the bench again...........where it belongs? Love ya Ben, I truly do. You WERE a great player, and you make a fine Assistant Coach, sir.

If Jason "Petite Hands" Maxiell could just CATCH the damn ball, he would be a consistently good NBA player.

Rodney Stuckey, aka "Mr. Empty Stats", had another fine game last night. 8.5 million for that? The guy just throws it up in the general direction of the basket and hopes it goes in. Great athlete...........he should have played football.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty The Real Notes and Quotes from the Milwaukee game

Post  Fennis Dembo Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:55 am

The Real Notes and Quotes from the Milwaukee game not the stuff we get from the beat writers - by Biff Burns

On Thursday, the groundhog, Auburn Hills Harry, emerged from his lair to "see" his shadow in the process predicting three more months of losing for the Pistons. A testy Joe Dumars commented, “I hate that freakin’ furball. He is the bane of my existence. I’d like to fry him up for breakfast.”

Coach Frank: I’d like to thank the entire team for this win, especially Brandon Knight and his 26 points. I also want to thank Joe Dumars, my coaching staff, Tom Gores, the TV broadcast crew, the radio broadcast crew, Mason, the beat writers, everyone who works at the Palace, my wife, my children, my parents, and the entire NBA, and the entire Motion Picture Academy. Thank you so much for this win. I will cherish it for the rest of my life.

Biff Burns: Great game, Brandon, 26 points, a career high on totally 90s Night.
Brandon Knight: I was born in the 90s so I was really up for the game. I thought the theme and mood of the night perfectly captured the Zeitgeist of the era. My only disappointment was that Monica Lewinsky wasn’t here. My play tonight was marvelously splendiferous. Everything was copacetic. Our last two games against Milwaukee were rather repugnant and loathsome. Tonight everything was extremely gratifying.

Biff Burns: What was Walker D. Russell Jr. doing out there tonight? He had zero points and zero rebounds in 16 minutes of playing time.
Coach Frank: If you know give me a hint.
Biff Burns: I would say he resembled a chicken with its head cut off.
Coach Frank: That works for me.

The theme night was the 1990s Totally 90’s. They gave out free autographed posters of Beavis and Butt-head. Some people in the crowd said, “Uhhhhhh...cool!." Others voiced their displeasure by yelling, “Uhhhhhh...This sucks!"

Before the game started the entire Pistons team did a line dance to “Achy Breaky Heart" by Billy Ray Cyrus, that really got the crowd going.

In the spirit of the 1990s, instead of passing out t-shirts when the Pistons hit a three pointer, ushers dressed in spandex shorts passed out "Tickle Me Elmos" to the crowd. The crowd response was less than underwhelming.

Continuing with the Pistons persistence at bringing back one hit wonders from oblivion, Vanilla Ice performed at half-time. The crowd seemed very confused and started doing the Macarena dance to his only hit, “Ice, Ice, Baby”. It says in a lyric to his song, “Cause my style's like a chemical spill”. Look for his new CD out Tuesday, “Toxic Music For The Mind And Body”.

Biff Burns: See you tonight at the Palace against New Orleans. Wear your Mardi Gras beads, but absolutely no flashing please. Au revoir and merci beaucoup y’all.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty These Halftime Shows Are Truly An Embarrassment

Post  FlyDog Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:16 pm

I'm not sure who I felt more sorry for last night; Vanilla Ice, Gores, or the true victims.......the enduring fans.

Cut the crap, Gores, this shit is pathetic.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:34 pm

FlyDog wrote:I'm not sure who I felt more sorry for last night; Vanilla Ice, Gores, or the true victims.......the enduring fans.

Cut the crap, Gores, this shit is pathetic.
Talk about milking a one hit wonder... he said he sold 160 million records..... he basically retired on one song.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty second round pick...

Post  frankied Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:56 pm

it would be nice if joe could pick up another second round pick this year.
it will be a deep draft and there will be nice players available in the second round.
one of them might be jae crowder of marquette.
he looks like a very nice small forward. a guy who could be a great backup, or maybe even a starter someday.
but he's got excellent ball skills - like a guard, really - but he's about 6'6" , 235, solid, though fairly athletic. he's not a freak athlete, but you really don't have to be one in order to be an effective small forward. bruce bowen is a great example of that.
crowder is very strong defensively and can play smaller players in addition to larger forwards. the other nice thing is that he has decent post skills for a small forward. he'd be a nice option down low with a second unit.
if, as seems to be the case, joe is stuck on playing jj at the 4, the team needs a physical small forward. like they've needed one for years. a guy like crowder just might be the perfect backup.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:43 pm

frankie, we do have another 2nd rounder this year from Houston... it's top 40 protected this year... 35 protected next year.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:12 pm

good. a guy like crowley might be there around 40. i'd take him around then. he'd be a nice addition.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty greg oden has more surgery...

Post  frankied Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:15 pm

btw, any fans hoping to pick up oden should know that he just had surgery yesterday. i think he had it on the knee that had supposedly NOT been injured, which is bad. and they also were thinking about going into the other knee since they had him under to do another minor procedure.
that pretty much kills this season for him.
and, if i'm an organization looking at him, i'd be very, very wary about paying him a dime.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty link to today's game

Post  Grizz Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:44 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content