FORUM

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  Flip on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:40 am

deusXango wrote:
Oracle wrote:
deusXango wrote:Has anyone saw anything that Vernon Macklin does or doesn't do to preclude him from getting extended quality PT?

IMO, he wasn't a first round pick, so they couldn't care less.
Why bother with second round draft picks then? Nothing is ever there is it? Oracle, Lil' Larry is f#@king up! Twisted Evil BIG TIME!!

In 8 min Macklin had 4 pts and 4 rebs.

In 12 min Maxiell had 2 pts and 1 reb.

Give Macklin 25 min, and I bet he gets close to a dbl-dbl every night.

It makes no sense why Maxiell continues to take all his min. Everytime Macklin plays he makes positives contributions. Everytime Maxiell plays he makes negative contributions. Frank must be a dunce if he can't see this.
Flip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:46 am

Grizz wrote:
FlyDog wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

How can these writers sleep at night knowing they are camoflauging all that is wrong with the Pistons .. ??
The same way hired assassins, con men, Lil' Larry and Dumars do.....medicated and deluded. They care nothing of insulting our intelligence Grizz.
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

THE SANE and SUFFERING

Post  deusXango on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:02 am

Cool Breeze, Flip, Frankie D, Fly Dog, Grizz, Wise Fan, Oracle, Sissy, and the balcony boys Merc and Murph, you're all officially initiated into the Order of The Sane and Suffering. I expect Mr. Biff Burns to be editorializing on why very soon (if you haven't gotten the message yet).
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Frank High Voltage

Post  Flip on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:04 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Flip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Pistons Move Covers

Post  Flip on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:05 am

In honor of the Pistons 70's and 80's movie covers, I got a few of my own...

Flip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  merc on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:12 am

Flip wrote:
deusXango wrote:
Oracle wrote:
deusXango wrote:Has anyone saw anything that Vernon Macklin does or doesn't do to preclude him from getting extended quality PT?

Why bother with second round draft picks then? Nothing is ever there is it? Oracle, Lil' Larry is f#@king up! Twisted Evil BIG TIME!!

It makes no sense why Maxiell continues to take all his min. Everytime Macklin plays he makes positives contributions. Everytime Maxiell plays he makes negative contributions. Frank must be a dunce if he can't see this.
It might of started out as a play-2-trade idea... now it's bench-4-life reality
The time has come for a Macklin revival... it starts as a quite rumble.
merc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

COOL!

Post  Grizz on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:34 am

Flip wrote:In honor of the Pistons 70's and 80's movie covers, I got a few of my own...

rockon rockon rockon rockon rockon rockon
Grizz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grizz on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:37 am

merc wrote:
Flip wrote:
deusXango wrote:
Oracle wrote:

It might of started out as a play-2-trade idea... now it's bench-4-life reality
The time has come for a Macklin revival... it starts as a quite rumble.

I think we all agree .. you have to try Macklin at least ... We .. have .. no ... one .. else .. as .... a .... big .... to ... develop.... !!!!!..

Have to speak slowly on the chance Dumars might actually open his office door wide enough to hear the truth .. Or does he still think we need more SFs?... It was laughable to see Ben Wallace starting .. To me ... Putting Big Ben out there just screams THE FAILURE OF JOE DUMARS IS CRYSTAL CLEAR NOW!
Grizz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Silence of the Jelly-Filled (Lambs)

Post  Sissy1946 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:22 am

Grizz: Crystal clear, that a baby. Put Has Ben Walrus in a retirement home, send Maxi-Pads to a Suppository firm then maybe he could stick whatever he's showing up somebody's else's azz, worthless crap machine, I see Prince had 9 tonight in 31'minutes, dribbled for 17 of those minutes, ya know behind his back, faking everyone out & also his teammates, sorry but I can't stand his candy azz anymore. Agree with Macklin getting more minutes, that can only be on Frank because Fat Joe did say we are rebuilding, right Joe, well let's friggin' rebuild, let's see what Macklin has before you throw him away like you did Summers, Terrico White, Afflallo, Frank is starting to get on my last nerve, I guess he hasn't gotten Dumars message, rebuild Lawrence, Rebuild, that means playing Daye more too even though he probably needs to be sent to the D-League, can we get a pool going on when Jelly Joe gets us a big by trade or something? I say he won't get us one before he's fired. wpn Joe
Sissy1946

View user profile

Back to top Go down

WHY........

Post  deusXango on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:55 am

..is it that out of all the "thunder dunks" Jason Maxiell has wowed the crowd with in his career as a Piston, none of them have come off "alley oops?" I'm going to suggest it's his height and lack of athletecism. For a guy carrying close to 300 lbs. at 6'7" it's damn near impossible. I saw Vernon Macklin "sky" way above the rim last night, take an "alley oop", and throw it down like it was a layup. After watching him pass the ball, rebound, run the floor, establish and maintain position in the paint, and just quietly "man up" I'm wondering if playing Macklin would be an embarrassment to Joe because he's so much better than Villanueva, Maxiell, Wallace, and Jerebko at PF. A nickle and dime second rounder soundly outplaying a high priced ($18 million) cadre of Dumars signings would be embarrassing.

Why haven't Goodwill, Ellis, and Langlois written something about this guy? They write about everything else. Why don't Blaha and Kelser talk about this Piston? They talk about all the rest. Could it be that if he's demeaned or his game is minumized and he's let go, he'll blow up bigger than Delfino, Johnson, and Afflalo very quickly? I wonder what Doug Collins, Avery Johnson, or Bill Laimbeer (men that could have coached the Pistons) would do with Macklin? Why is Lil' Larry not doing anything with Vernon Macklin?
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

WOW

Post  deusXango on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:31 am

"When the offense flows through Monroe, good things happen.

"Coach Lawrence Frank has never had a dominant center to coach, and so he is still learning how to re-focus his offense through the post as opposed to the perimeter."

-the Bleacher Report

So that's why our offense is so abysmal. It also explains why the incessant preaching of defense while teams are constantly running up scores on us. The "Kansas City Shuffle."
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

From the Local Dip-Schitt Rag

Post  Sissy1946 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:49 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this image] Lil Larry has Spoken, he is in high demand you know. What he says goes, just ask Jelly-Filled.
Sissy1946

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Coffee & Jelly-Filled Doughnuts On Me Sez Jelly Joe

Post  Sissy1946 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:00 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this image] I would also like to add that he's in the running for Prez of the Photo Shop Club, he's been putting out some tasty treats there, I even liked the one with me holding my Jelly-Filleds, thanks Flip, Im gonna send you an Autographed Jason Maxi-Pads, & a No D Charley V colored HD Picture. Has-Ben Walrus has just told me he will make a special appearance of any function you want him at, that is any Retirement Home. Again Congrats.
Sissy1946

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Flip & Sissy

Post  Oracle on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:31 am

Excellent work on the pics, and "Silence of the Jelly-Filled (Lambs)"... instant CLASSIC!

You guys a slaying me, lol!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pistons need to keep losing and get lucky to somehow get one of the first 2 picks in the draft

Post  Murph on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:51 am

cool breeze wrote:I just checked NBA Draft Net and they have the Pistons picking number 4 and taking Harrison Barnes who is another small forward. Barnes is listed as only 6 foot 8 inches. Although Barnes is a good player, he doesn't fit Piston needs. This source has the Pistons taking Damian Lillard from Weber State. Lillard is a real good tough point guard but my bet is that we will be watching Knight, Stuckey, Gordon, and Bynum for another season unless Dumars can trade either Stuckey or Gordon. It had better not be Knight or that will be it for me as a fan. If Detroit cannot get Drummond, who do you think would fit the Pistons best? There is Anthony Davis who is a PF out of Kentucky - Perry Jones C from Baylor - Andre Moultrie PF Miss St - Jared Sullinger PF Ohio State - Meyers Leonard PF,C Illinois - John Henson PF,C N Carolina - or Robert Sacre C Gonzaga. Maybe one of those bigs will fall to Detroit in the 2nd round. Who will Dumars select? According to Flip, Dumars has his focus on that amazing Middle Eastern star. If you haven't watched that video, please do before making your decisions.

Right. That is the problem. If we take the best player available to us in the draft, Harrison Barnes, he doesn't really fill a need. We already have Prince locked up for 3 more years. I guess one course of action would be to draft Barnes, and then suck for another year, and then try to draft a defensive big man in 2013.

By 2013, James McAdoo would be our best bet for a big man. He's a 6'9, 223 lb PF from UNC, and the nephew of Bob McAdoo.

And please...forget about the 32 year old Middle Eastern star. The guy is 32 years old!!!
Murph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

WHAT ABOUT BOB?

Post  deusXango on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:39 am

What is wrong with Thomas Robinson, 6'9" 235 lbs. and POY candidate? Meyers Leonard, 7'0" 245 lbs. brimming with upside? What is wrong with Sulinger or Moultrie PF's that we can use and Greg Monroe needs help A.S.A.P. All this supposition about big man help begs to question; why is Lil' Larry not giving Macklin a chance now? Let's not pull an answer out of our asses (that's Joe's job), but what about Vernon Macklin? If Greg Monroe is the center for the future of this team it's more important who's going to play PF than who our starting guards are.

Why is it that some of us see the worst case scenerio ALL the time? We gonna suck all year and end up with the worst possible lottery pick, never the best. We're going with the BPA rather than the best for our needs. Oh me, oh my, I think I'll go into the garage and put a "hot one" in my head.
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Pistons need to keep losing and get lucky to somehow get one of the first 2 picks in the draft

Post  deusXango on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:52 am

cool breeze wrote:I just checked NBA Draft Net and they have the Pistons picking number 4 and taking Harrison Barnes who is another small forward. Barnes is listed as only 6 foot 8 inches. Although Barnes is a good player, he doesn't fit Piston needs. This source has the Pistons taking Damian Lillard from Weber State. Lillard is a real good tough point guard but my bet is that we will be watching Knight, Stuckey, Gordon, and Bynum for another season unless Dumars can trade either Stuckey or Gordon. It had better not be Knight or that will be it for me as a fan. If Detroit cannot get Drummond, who do you think would fit the Pistons best? There is Anthony Davis who is a PF out of Kentucky - Perry Jones C from Baylor - Andre Moultrie PF Miss St - Jared Sullinger PF Ohio State - Meyers Leonard PF,C Illinois - John Henson PF,C N Carolina - or Robert Sacre C Gonzaga. Maybe one of those bigs will fall to Detroit in the 2nd round. Who will Dumars select? According to Flip, Dumars has his focus on that amazing Middle Eastern star. If you haven't watched that video, please do before making your decisions.
I'm with you all the way on this Don, there will be many options at #4 that make more sense than Barnes, but we will get #1 or #2. I believe it. Joe need to leave those Euros to those better qualified.
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Pistons need to keep losing...for years...

Post  Murph on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:05 am

deusXango wrote:Why is it that some of us see the worst case scenerio ALL the time? We gonna suck all year and end up with the worst possible lottery pick, never the best. We're going with the BPA rather than the best for our needs. Oh me, oh my, I think I'll go into the garage and put a "hot one" in my head.

DX...please...calm down. Obviously, we really are going to suck all year. No one can change that fact. And I doubt if we end up with the worst possible lottery pick. As Wise pointed out, if we draft 4th and take Barnes, he'll probably be a fine player. He strikes me as a poor man's Grant Hill, which is great. It's just that Barnes will not really help us in the immediate future. In fact, if we do take Barnes, and keep Prince, then next year, Prince will probably continue to start and Barnes will come off the bench, which is not a big deal.

Somewhere along the way, however, we really are going to have to acquire a big, young, mobile, defensive big man to play along side of Monroe...either by trade, free agency or the draft.
Murph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Yesssssssssir!!!

Post  Murph on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:14 am

I see Rip is finally shaking off the cobwebs from being jerked around for a couple of year. Last night, Rip went off for 22 pts, 10 asts and 4 rbds against the Nets.

And congrats to Hamilton for scoring his 15,000 regular season point last night! That puts Rip 127th on the list of all-time career scorers.
Murph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Real Notes and Quotes from the Oklahoma City game

Post  Fennis Dembo on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:15 pm

The Real Notes and Quotes from the Oklahoma City game not the stuff we get from the beat writers - by Biff Burns

Biff Burns: Weirdness reigned supreme here tonight in both locker rooms. As I entered the Pistons locker room Coach Frank ran out waving his arms in the air yelling, No mas! No mas!” Which means no more, no more, in Spanish. Oddly enough that’s what Panamanian boxer Roberto Duran, not the musical group Duran Duran, yelled when Sugar Ray Leonard was beating him to a pulp in 1980, which is what the Thunder did to the Pistons tonight. Ben Gordon said, “I’m afraid we burned out our coach after only eighteen games.

Then as I entered the Thunder locker room, the entire team was standing on chairs and benches belting out show tunes from the musical “Oklahoma”. Here’s a portion of one song.

OOOOk-lahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain,
And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet,
When the wind comes right behind the rain
Yeeow! Aye-yip-aye-yo-ee-ay!
We're only sayin'
You're doin' fine, Oklahoma!
Oklahoma O.K.!

Biff Burns: Tonight was a rough night for your team.
Coach Dee Brown: We stunk on ice worse than a week old carp.

Biff Burns: The only player I could have a coherent conversation with was Charlie V.
Charlie V: I’m starting to get hate mail from the fans.
Biff Burns: What do you mean?
Charlie V: Someone sent me a picture postcard of the earth.
On the back it said, "Wish you were here."
Buff Burns: That’s not hate mail. That falls more under the category of a clever put down. Who is it from Triumph the Insult Comic Dog?
Charlie V: It’s signed, from the Apollo astronauts.
Biff Burns: Look on the bright side, it’s good to have friends in high places.

Biff Burns: I’ll be glad to get back to the Palace. Even Light-Up Necklace Night versus Miami Wednesday will be a lot more fun than this. Signing out from Tornado Alley this is Biff Burns.

Fennis Dembo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

MURPH

Post  deusXango on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:07 pm

Yo' Murph, I'm calm......I think Shocked but anyway help me here. First off I have a respect for your pragmatic view of what this teams assets and liabilities are, and your straight forwardness. Why is Lawrence Frank turning his back on Vernon Macklin in favor of Jason Maxiell? Why is there no apparent offensive scheme in place, one that fits this teams strength? Will we again be using the "injury bug" excuse to buy time for Dumars lack of effort in improving this team? I consider your responses with an open mind....really.
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wizards Fire Saunders

Post  Sebastian on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:49 pm

I was telling my wife, just yesterday, that Flip will be fired this week. I also believe that Dantoni will be fired this week, too, maybe tonight if the Knicks find a way to lose to the Bobcats.
Sebastian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

V-Mac

Post  Murph on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:59 pm

Vernon Machlin is a strange situation. The only explaination I can come up with is that sometimes it seems as if Dumars drafts players with no intention of ever developing them or giving them any minutes. It seems as if sometimes Dumars "throws away" draft choices because he doesn't want to load up his roster and payroll with guys who he doesn't think have any potential at all. Guys who fit this description are: Machlin, Terrico White, DeJuan Summars, Chase Budinger, Walter Sharpe, Trent Plaisted, Deron Washinton, Sammy Mejia, Will Blalock, Alex Acker, Rickey Paulding, and Andreas Glyniadakis. (It should be noted that Joe acquired the 2nd rounders Sharpe and Plaisted for DJ White, who again, Joe clearly never intended to develop.)

In all the cases listed above, it seems as if Dumars only drafted the players, because he had 2nd round picks, and had to pick someone. In all those cases, it seems as if Dumars and the Pistons organization never intended to even attempt to develop those players. He just held onto them as long as he had to, paid them as little as he had to, and cut them as quickly as he could.

Unfortunately for Machlin, he probably falls into that category as well.

That said, there are a few exceptions to the rule. Amir Johnson, Jonas Jerebko and Memo Okur were all probably drafted as throw aways, but they turned out to be so good, that Joe was forced to develop them and keep them at least for a while.

Just my opinion...

On the lack of an offense game plan, it's probably very simple. Lawrence Frank is probably incapable of developing any kind of workable, complex offensvie scheme (other than tossing the ball to Monroe in the post, allowing Stuckey to drive on his own, or having Gordon, Knight and Prince pop from long range). Furthermore, because the team lacks a true PG, it's doubtful that the Pistons could implement a workable offensive game plan, even if Frank could develop one.

On your last question, your guess is as good as mine. It could be that Gores is committed to keeping Dumars for as long as it takes Joe to complete the rebuilding process. Or it could be that Gores will lose patience with Joe by the end of the season, and bring in his own guy.

For what it's worth...

Murph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FireDumars on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:48 pm

frankied wrote:in a 25 point game, why is ben wallace playing an entire quarter?
where is macklin?
is this what they call rebuilding?

it is just proof that Joe Dumars is "coaching" the team, again. Same situation as with previous coaches. Useless, Ben Wallace stealing money and most importantly - minutes from developing young players.
FireDumars

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Theirs Hope After all Folks: A Miracle Has Just Happened

Post  Sissy1946 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:01 pm

You think they won't fire Dumars? That it would be a miracle, if that happened, Well taste this one: Prince Fielder has just signed a 9 year contract with the Detroit Tigers for 214 Million Smackaroonies. A Miracle? Yes indeed, Jelly Joe , you'd better be worried. wpn Joe
Sissy1946

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum