Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
frankied
Murph
merc
Rett
Sebastian
lemonpen
Sissy1946
Grizz
cool breeze
WTF
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
16 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:53 am

@Lemon, All the SL games will be televised on NBATV.

@ Grizz, bonus points for the Lolich reference :^)
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Moves

Post  deusXango Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:59 pm

Wise, that's a pretty good 15, but consider this; we have no backup PG, and that "sliding Stuckey over" should be over! It's time for him to concentrate exclusively on being our SG. It's time for the money we've invested in him to become a bargin. I notice that you're a big Elton Brand fan, but let me ask you this; if Brands' "day is done," don't you think if Yancy Gates gets his sh!t together, weight wise, he would be a great asset as one of our teams bigs? Gates and Machado vs Brand and Arenas/Redd....I'm going with the young lions over the old dogs every time, especially at the end of the bench. Whoever the 14th and 15th players are we need one of them to be a PG.

*I thought that Middleton was a SF.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:20 pm

deusXango wrote:Wise, that's a pretty good 15, but consider this; we have no backup PG, and that "sliding Stuckey over" should be over! It's time for him to concentrate exclusively on being our SG. It's time for the money we've invested in him to become a bargin. I notice that you're a big Elton Brand fan, but let me ask you this; if Brands' "day is done," don't you think if Yancy Gates gets his sh!t together, weight wise, he would be a great asset as one of our teams bigs? Gates and Machado vs Brand and Arenas/Redd....I'm going with the young lions over the old dogs every time, especially at the end of the bench. Whoever the 14th and 15th players are we need one of them to be a PG.

*I thought that Middleton was a SF.

DX, the reason I'm lobbying for Brand is he's a inexspensive for a year of service. Monroe can benefit and learn a lot from Brand as he's being doing it pretty much on his own since we drafted him. Certainly Brand is on the down side of his career but the Sixer aren't letting him go for his, but more so for the 18 million owed to him.

It may all be a pipe dream as he could end up with any of the contenders currently under the cap for as little as nothing. Yes we need a back up PG and should keep Stuckey as far away from that position as possible, I just can't take another season of Bynum in that role. It's almost like we're force to give him minutes opposed to him actually earning and deserving PT.

The other reason I'm not stress on the PG position is that English is a natuaral combo guard so he can play both position without us moving Stuckey from SG. English can be on the floor with either Knight or Stuckey
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty DUHHHHH!

Post  deusXango Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Wise, you're way out in front of me on this one; I totally overlooked the need for Monroe to have a mentor at his "new" position as our starting PF. The intricacies of playing at the pro level are much greater than on the colligate level, and who's more capable and available than Brand? There's really no one on the team that can teach the Moose sh!t, and probably the only one that can offer him a decent challange is Macklin, and I believe Lil' Larry is gonna do everything he can to see that he's not on the final roster. But, yeah, Brand would be good for Monroe. Good call Wise.

I'm a big Kim English fan because he can defend all the perimeter positions well, and shoot the lights out on top of it, but in all honesty, he's a poor ballhandler and worse facilitator (I'm so high on this kid that I think we got MKG at #44).
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Lemon Thoughts

Post  Oracle Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:53 pm

lemonpen wrote:Grizz, has Houston made a lot of good moves, or a lot of moves. I wonder if they are in a bit of panic after (1) not parlaying 3 mid first round draft picks into a top pick, and (2) failing to attract D. Howard. As you say it may all work out. - Not Likely!!!

Does JMax look like a 3rd string C at this point. (behind Drummond & Russian) - YES!

Does JJ look like a 3rd string PF at this point. (behind Monroe & CV) - And Yes!

Does Middleton look like the odd man out at this point. (unless we don't use the mid-level exception for a FA) - Maybe! I give him a 5 on the buzzard scale!

I hope English is as good as his FG% indicates. A bomber and a slasher (WillieB) could rekindle memories of the Alternatorz. - Yes, I'm really looking forward to him getting PT. But let's not judge him too early, it takes time to be NBA ready!

We are short a guard. (we typically carry 5) - Are you referring to Will Bynum(lol).

On paper the Lakeshow looks pretty formidable. Can Mike Brown reshape the offense to best utilize Nash? - Nash will drag him kicking and screaming to a better offense. Kobe with Nash? Man, 5 years ago, and you could just print the NBA Titles!!!

At this point in our rebuilding are we most like the last year of George Irvine, or the first year of Rick Carlisle. - Absolutely the first year of Carlisle! I think this team will surprise, and contend for the 6-8th slot.

Why did we go into a summer league that has no video feed. - Credit Merc, NBATV.

I'm liking BK's growth under the coaching staff. I think he's past the point of needing a veteran mentor. - I'm not sure about that. He's done well, but I don't know if he's got it all figured out. Me thinks CB could have helped him.

Was Drummond allowed early exit from high school cause he is really smart? - Riiiight!!!

[b][b]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Maybe No Brand Possibility

Post  WTF Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:09 pm

deusXango wrote:Wise, you're way out in front of me on this one; I totally overlooked the need for Monroe to have a mentor at his "new" position as our starting PF. The intricacies of playing at the pro level are much greater than on the colligate level, and who's more capable and available than Brand? There's really no one on the team that can teach the Moose sh!t, and probably the only one that can offer him a decent challange is Macklin, and I believe Lil' Larry is gonna do everything he can to see that he's not on the final roster. But, yeah, Brand would be good for Monroe. Good call Wise.

I'm a big Kim English fan because he can defend all the perimeter positions well, and shoot the lights out on top of it, but in all honesty, he's a poor ballhandler and worse facilitator (I'm so high on this kid that I think we got MKG at #44).

DX, unfortunately we can't bid on Brand....Damn! too bad. Jazz, Rockets, Kings, Warrior or Pacers will likely all bid for services. We could pick him up as a free agent if he clears waiver which I highly doubt.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty You Gotta Love It!!!

Post  Oracle Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:52 pm

We can finally, truly, field a JUMBO lineup!

This is even better than when we had Elden "Six Fouls" Cambell! EC, in the later stages of his career was not only tall, but huge!

This time, we've got two legitimately big defensive 7 footers, that should be able to defend good enough for us to win a lot of sub 100 point games.

Yeah, it's going to take time, but next year is the preview, and if Frank has his shizzle together, this team WILL make the playoffs and gain some needed experience!

While I don't see us getting past the first round, just getting there will be a huge confidence boost!

It is beginning to feel like the first year of Carlisle, let's just hope it continues!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Austin Daye please work on your game in the SUMMER!

Post  Phil-Good Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:53 am

This is an old title but time fly by so fast. Here we are in the summer and I want to see Austin Daye with some weight and some balls to his game. His game was too soft and too weak.

Austin go look at Robert Horry's career. That's your goal as far as A player you should model your game after. Good Luck Kid!

I know everybody feels that we should give up on Daye but this kid has major talent. It's just bottled up in A High School kids body. I'm not ready to give up on Daye but he been in the NBA for 4 years and it's time to show rock solid progress and production at the small forward/Power Forward spots.

I have to see some weight added!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Lets Hope he does get himself back together

Post  Grizz Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:15 am

Phil1980boy wrote:This is an old title but time fly by so fast. Here we are in the summer and I want to see Austin Daye with some weight and some balls to his game. His game was too soft and too weak.

Austin go look at Robert Horry's career. That's your goal as far as A player you should model your game after. Good Luck Kid!

I know everybody feels that we should give up on Daye but this kid has major talent. It's just bottled up in A High School kids body. I'm not ready to give up on Daye but he been in the NBA for 4 years and it's time to show rock solid progress and production at the small forward/Power Forward spots.

Phillip .. it would be awesome if Daye would pull himself together and make a statement this season. Lets see what happens in the summer league and take that as a possible sign he will come back from his vodka-russian-sleek-call-girls-fueled-debauchery sprees. If not, lets take the opposite approach and have Gore fly in whatever / whomever it takes from Mother Russia to get Daye back on game!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty DA' APPLE DON'T FALL FAR FROM THE TREE

Post  deusXango Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:47 am

Phil1980boy wrote:This is an old title but time fly by so fast. Here we are in the summer and I want to see Austin Daye with some weight and some balls to his game. His game was too soft and too weak.

How long was Darren Dayes career?[Only admins are allowed to see this image] Which was the most talented Daye?Sad Is Austin Daye capable of mass hypnosis?Shocked If not, BYE![Only admins are allowed to see this image]
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:00 am

So Grizz... that's the new Russian girl?... wouldn't kick em outta bed for eatin' peanuts.... Oracle take it from here buddy.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty 2!

Post  Grizz Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:37 am

merc wrote:So Grizz... that's the new Russian girl?... wouldn't kick em outta bed for eatin' peanuts.... Oracle take it from here buddy.

Merc, Both quite gorgeous, so guess Daye never had a chance .. lol Oh to be 6'10", a millionaire, and 25 years old .. ! Someday! I love you
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:37 am

Grizz wrote:
merc wrote:So Grizz... that's the new Russian girl?... wouldn't kick em outta bed for eatin' peanuts.... Oracle take it from here buddy.

Merc, Both quite gorgeous, so guess Daye never had a chance .. lol Oh to be 6'10", a millionaire, and 25 years old .. ! Someday! I love you

What chew talkin bout Willis !?!?!?
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:38 am

merc wrote:@Lemon, All the SL games will be televised on NBATV.

@ Grizz, bonus points for the Lolich reference :^)

Thanks Merc. The DVR is all set.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:46 am

I will be happy if he just finds a desire to play to his height. He rarely plays over the rim. 6'11" guys should not be tied up so routinely on fast break finishes by much shorter defenders.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Sad Commentary Really

Post  WTF Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:22 am

That Daye going into his 4th season is headed to another run at Summer League. He won't find what he needs in Summer League games and nothing he shows positively will transfer over into the regular season.

Daye clearly with all his talent and potential lacks a NBA size heart for the game at a pro level. Daye has shown that when the chips are down he can't pick up his game. For him to go an entire 66 games in a slump speaks volumes about the type of player he is, so unless he gets a heart transplant and some much needed therapy he won't make the roster.

Daye needs to understand that it make or break for him before the season even gets started. Lets look at the positions and the likely depth chart at the three position he will be vying for PT. PF: Monroe, CV, and JJ then at SF: Prince, Maggette, and again JJ. The SG: is his best chance of PT because we currently have only Stuckey and potentially Maggette again filling that position.

Going to Summer League could spell doom for him if he doesn't completely dominate other players and lead this Summer League squad in virtually every category. If Drummond, Middleton, English, Singler, Macklin, or any of the other invitees out shine him during the summer he may be trade or let go before training camp even starts in October barring injuries and trades.

Bad move on his agent for allowing this......

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Aaron Brooks or Will Bynum

Post  WTF Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:30 am

Which vetaran PG would you rather have back up Knight?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty FOR REAL WISE MAN

Post  deusXango Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:59 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Which vetaran PG would you rather have back up Knight?

Neither one, but I would take a rookie.....Scott Machado.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:25 pm

Wise, before answering I got to ask.

Per CBS Sportsline:
"Brooks was acquired from the Houston Rockets at the 2011 trade deadline and appeared in 25 games with Phoenix, averaging 9.6 points, 4.2 assists and 18.9 minutes. He played in China last season (2012)."

He averaged 19.6 ppg & 5.3 apg in his last full season at Houston. Why did he suddenly go poof.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Lemonpen and DX

Post  WTF Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:09 pm

lemonpen wrote:
Wise, before answering I got to ask.

Per CBS Sportsline:
"Brooks was acquired from the Houston Rockets at the 2011 trade deadline and appeared in 25 games with Phoenix, averaging 9.6 points, 4.2 assists and 18.9 minutes. He played in China last season (2012)."

He averaged 19.6 ppg & 5.3 apg in his last full season at Houston. Why did he suddenly go poof.

Injury and being traded seem to have been the issue. I remember Brooks whippin on Stuckey ass when Brook got to start in Houston. Thinking about it now I don't think Brook wants to be a back up and think Houston traded him because they didn't want to pay him. He went to China last season and average 24pt and 5 ast

Seems Houston wants him back also.

DX, somehow I knew that would be your answer lol!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Yeah Boiiiii

Post  Oracle Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:13 pm

Merc, that's so nice, we'll have to see it twice!

Screw the liquor, I don't need anything bringing my boner down with that much action in the room!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Wise on Daye

Post  Oracle Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:16 pm

WISEFAN wrote:That Daye going into his 4th season is headed to another run at Summer League. He won't find what he needs in Summer League games and nothing he shows positively will transfer over into the regular season.

Daye's only salvation and hope to find what he needs was shown by Grizz.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link][/quote]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty 10 worst free-agent signings in NBA history

Post  Oracle Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:18 pm

Well, there are more, but this list is a good start, and yes, Ben Wallace & Allan Houston made the list!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Why so much attention from the press regarding Charlie V?

Post  cool bre Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:22 am

Both the News and Free Press have published articles to prepare Piston fans that Charlie V will not be removed from the Piston roster next season. I believe that the Free Press article mentioned that now Charlie will fit in better with the new players. the logic was something like Charlie will now be much more important as he has special skills being a big who can shoot the ball outside so the slashers will be able to get to the basket more frequent. Something has been omitted in those articles. Charlie was too slow or lacked the proper conditioning or had injuries which prevented him from getting back quickly on defense. Also, Charlie was often setting up outside because he didn't get in the proper position when the team was ready to start the offense. From free throw line to free throw line, there are few NBA level players who are slower. How will all that nonsense the sports writers have mentioned have any value if Charlie is always a step behind the rest of the players? I believe that Charlie just doesn't have the gift of quick feet and doesn't have the hunger to make up for the slow feet by doing the work it takes to lose the body fat. Charlie so far seems like a player who is a day late and a dollar short. I am sure the last part is not correct. It seems that the Pistons have two players under contract with the same problem and those players include Charlie and Daye. I assume with the new players coming in that Detroit will be more of a up tempo team much of the time. And the bench players should be the guys who come in playing at a faster tempo. How can Charlie and Austin fit in with this team? Both of those players are capable of playing at a much higher level but I just don't see how they will fit with the athletic type players that Dumars is bringing to the Palace. Is there a place for them somewhere else?

cool bre

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Don & Other Stuff

Post  Oracle Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:12 am

Don, I have always thought that CV was a piece(for more info, see the article linked below), not the every day PF that we tried to make him. Of course we're upset because he getting starting PF money, but what's done is done, and we may be able to use him going forward off the bench.

Austin Daye is another situation, but he better get used to being on the long end of the bench, IMO.

Other Stuff:

From the Freep:
"Get the first look at Andre Drummond in a Pistons uniform today in Orlando. OK, so it's actually a glorified practice jersey as a group of Pistons youngsters and invitees take on a section of the Utah Jazz in the summer league opener at 3 p.m. on NBA TV. But Drummond, Brandon Knight, Austin Daye and Kyle Singler take on a group that includes former Spartan Goran Suton."

So tune in, but also cast your peepers on this article before the game. There's something brewing with these Pistons, Vets, youngsters, and Rooks, and it's described in this article. These guys are serious about getting this thing started right!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next