Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
frankied
Murph
merc
Rett
Sebastian
lemonpen
Sissy1946
Grizz
cool breeze
WTF
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
16 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Goodwill...

Post  Murph Thu May 03, 2012 7:31 am

merc wrote:Murph "The Pistons made a play for the Nuggets' JaVale McGee at the trade deadline"
Just curious where you heard this... could be an insight into Joe's wish list for free agency.

Mercury...that was a direct quote from the Vince Goodwill article that Flip linked to, in the upper right hand corner of this page.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Sebastian...at this point, I would seriously consider trading Singler's rights for Alabi. Personally, I think Singler could help this team, but if he doesn't want to play in Detroit...well then...screw him.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty SEBASTIAN

Post  deusXango Thu May 03, 2012 2:09 pm

I know that you have an eye for 7+footers in the league, but this Soloman Alabi from the Raptors; can he play? Looking at his numbers, playing for the Raptors, I'm really unimpressed; then I think of Vernon Macklin of our beloved Pistons, and what his numbers are because of an idiotic coach. If he can give us sound backup minutes, at the very least, I'd take him for Singler. That sounds like a stroke of luck we sorely need.

Have you given up on Thabeet? He'll be out there. What do you think of Omer Asik? My opinion is he's an under the radar big that's waiting for an opportunity to break out. Although he's a RFA, I think that he's the #1 center prospect to be out there this off-season.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty DANG SOUR PEE BOY

Post  WTF Thu May 03, 2012 2:23 pm

Minus all the ass sniffing you did we kinda graded the team and players exactly the same. I guess you're a bigger dummy than I am.

Rett is in that Special Class you know the class where the kids where the Fireman Helmets and Neck Braces so she thinks everyone gets an A effort. There was no improvement and saying that they respected a coach is a mark of improvement has no merit.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty 2012 Big Men Free Agents

Post  Sebastian Thu May 03, 2012 4:15 pm

deusXango wrote:I know that you have an eye for 7+footers in the league, but this Soloman Alabi from the Raptors; can he play? Looking at his numbers, playing for the Raptors, I'm really unimpressed; then I think of Vernon Macklin of our beloved Pistons, and what his numbers are because of an idiotic coach. If he can give us sound backup minutes, at the very least, I'd take him for Singler. That sounds like a stroke of luck we sorely need.

Have you given up on Thabeet? He'll be out there. What do you think of Omer Asik? My opinion is he's an under the radar big that's waiting for an opportunity to break out. Although he's a RFA, I think that he's the #1 center prospect to be out there this off-season.

DX, Joe should definately take a serious look at Asik, but I would bet that the Bulls would try to retain his services, but OUR mid-level exception would not be too much for his services. But, I would rather that WE go after Ian Mahinmi, who is also a free agent. Again, I would trade the Singler draft rights to Toronto for Alabi, as I see him as a potential back-up, who can guard the rim and provide six fouls.

But, here's the rub: If WE are fortunate to add Mahinmi or Asik to OUR roster and pair either with Moose, WE will need a dynamic player at SF position. A SF, who is aggressive, can put the ball on the floor, shoot the three, post-up, and throw some serious dimes.

WE should either draft Royce White or Perry Jones III to assume the role of starting SF. Tay should be OUR 6th man. Either Royce White or Perry Jones III, I am still undecided on which, but I think either one could be the dynamic "3" that WE would need, because the work that Moose and/or Mahinmi or Asik would do would be from 15' and closer to the basket.

Joe is on the clock.

BTW, I have officially given up on Thabeet. lol!

Last edited by Sebastian on Fri May 04, 2012 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Fri May 04, 2012 1:55 am

This draft can't get here soon enough... thinking they go after Henson, Moutrie or Leonard... trading down to get any of them seems viable.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Could the Pistons have a similar roster, as OKC?

Post  Sebastian Fri May 04, 2012 11:36 am

Pistons fans: I'm sure you'll would agree that OKC has developed a pretty nice roster.

1. Westbrook is an electrifying PG, who can play SG whenever call upon.
2. Sefolosha is a steady wing defender.
3. Durant can flat out put the ball in the hoop.
4. Ibaka erases damn near anything that comes near the basket and is becoming a better scorer and rebounder.
5. Perkins is a mythical intimidator, who brings a defensive mindset.
6. Then there is Harden, who is a crafty and gifted offensive player. He has nice handle and brings a cerebral, calm influence whenever he's on the floor.
7. Collison is a trusty banger, who is a very good interior defender and rebounder.
8. Cook is a knock down shooter and when called upon can fill it up from three with the best of them.

With a few moves that are not out of the realm of possibility, WE could have a similar squad as what the Thunder have in OKC.

If WE were to draft PJIII and sign Ian Mahinmi, OUR roster could be (not exactly a mirror image), but could be reflection of the Thunder's core roster.

1. Knight (Westbrook) will be a much better PG, next season. He showed US this season that he can shoot the 3, can drive to the whole, can scoop up a few rebounds per game, and has the stamina to play a grueling NBA schedule.
2. Stuckey (Sefolosha) is an opponent's nightmare, if he can stay healthy and engaged. Stuckey's 3 point range was better this season. His drive game was better, as he finished and-1's with greater proficiency. And, most of all Stuckey gets to the line and shoots a high percentage from the line.
3. PJIII (Durant) could be that dynamic SF that WE have been looking for since Grant Hill. The kid is long and properly proportioned (6'11, 235 lbs). I believe when the guy starts receiving NBA checks he will become a more consistent and aggressive player. The guy can score from many different positions on the floor. He can put the ball on the floor. He is a willing passer and just a natural born player. Over time he should be able to guard the position, as well, and become an additional rebounder on the floor.
4. Moose (Perkins) got better this season. And, will become a better leader with games, under his belt. To me, Moose is a PF/C, who needs to be paired with another PF/C.
5. Ian Mahinmi (Ibaka), who is a Free Agent should be sought after by Joe. he should be relatively inexpensive to acquire. Mahinmi is just beginning to expand his game. He is a willing shot blocker and a very good low post defender and can step out onto the floor to check "Stretch 4's". He runs the court well and is good at scoring easy buckets.
6. Tay (Harden) would make an excellent 6th Man, since WE have him under contract for 3 more years WE may as well use him more wisely. Tay would bring a flexibility to OUR roster as a 6th Man that We currently are lacking. His cerebral approach and decent handle could be just what the doctor ordered for L. Frank.
7. Jerebko (Collison) could back-up the 4 position. His activity and three point range would be difficult to gauge for opposing teams.
8. Ben G. (Cook), I know WE pay him way too much to be a hired hand with instant scoring ability, but he can score if that is all that WE want him to do. He would be a serious punch/threat off of the bench every night. Also, his salary would serve as a placeholder as WE move towards resigning Moose, Stuckey, and/or Knight.

Additional moves: Amnesty Charlie V., Move the draft rights of Kyle Singler to Toronto for Solomon Alabi. Bring back Maxey, if he chooses to pick-up the player option. Beg Big Ben to remain on as an Assistant "Big Man/Strength" Coach.

Yes, WE can very easily have a roster similar to OKC.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty DRAFT PROSPECTS

Post  deusXango Fri May 04, 2012 1:23 pm

At present, for some non-sensicle reason, all we can see at the #9 pick is Henson, Moultrie, Leonard, Jones III, or Sulinger, none of whom are better than Monroe if we can land Asik, Mahinmi, Alabi, Kamen, or McGee. All we're talking is big men. Any big man, and he's got to come in this draft. How about talking bringing balance to the team with athleticism and skill. Where are our basketball smarts coming from? Why can't we play "man" or team defense? Why doesn't the ball move smoothly on offense, but just gets stuck in various ways, depending on who's hands it lands in once it crosses the half-court line? Maxiell the "black hole." Stuckey the hero. Prince the dribbler (and shot clock killer). No wonder Monroe doesn't get the touches he should. No wonder Knight isn't developing as a passing PG. The only athletic, smart, passing, energized player we have is stuck to the bench until he can be misused, and that's Jerebko. Why are we in lockstep with Ellis and Goodwill on who we should pick? Since when did they become the voice of the fans? The only way I'd move back in the draft would be to get an additional first rounder, and those picks wouldn't be at the ass-end of the first round.

I don't just have questions and no solutions. There are things that must be done to prepare for the draft, like wait for the lottery and see where everyone stands. Start working the phones to address the bench needs A.S.A.P. like bringing in Grievis Vasquez to replace Will Bynum. Trading for Alabi while Singler's rights have some appeal. See where Prince's head is at in terms of coming off the bench; if he's okay with it, keep him, if he balks, trade him! Boston is in the playoffs, and falling apart with age, but mock after mock draft has Royce White going to Boston. How is it that he's good enough for Boston, but not good enough for Detroit? His skill set will work in Boston, but won't in Detroit? Why? That is the heir-apparent as the Pistons SF. All things considered I see him as being an improvement at that spot coming in. Draft Jeff Taylor out of Vanderbuilt to play SG for us! For every reason we've hung with Stuckey, this player trumps him, and then some. He's big, fast, strong, young, and on top of that, he's far more athletic, a finisher at the rim, passionate about the game, and probably a better perimiter defender than Michael Kidd-Gilchrist! Did I mention basketball smart? He's a team player, not a "me" player. With the mid-level, along with the savings coming from Big Ben's retirement, letting Wilkins and Russell Jr. go, and the rising salary CAP, be real active in FA signing period by going after Asik/McGee hard....realisticly that'll be Asik. Lil' Larry would now have a better roster to work with than what was here when he came on board. Let's see what he can do with this:

C- Asik, Alabi, Monroe
PF-Monroe, Macklin, Jerebko, White *(Maxiell)
SF-White, Jerebko, Taylor *(Prince)
SG-Taylor, Stuckey
PG-Knight, Vasquez
*If these players choose to remain Pistons

That is what is called a rebuilding roster, and not depending on one more mediocre, one dimensional player, but meaningful roster overhaul. This is a team that Lil' Larry can sell his defensive philosopy to and they'd eat it up. This is a roster of team players (for the most part) and not selfish players. This is a team that can learn to compete at a high level without the services of Gordon and Villanueva being relied on for success. They make more sense than Wilkins and Russell Jr. albeit, considerably more costly right now. The good news is, only two more years then we get a big bump in CAP space.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Goodwill

Post  Oracle Fri May 04, 2012 9:55 pm

Murph wrote:
merc wrote:Murph "The Pistons made a play for the Nuggets' JaVale McGee at the trade deadline"
Just curious where you heard this... could be an insight into Joe's wish list for free agency.

Mercury...that was a direct quote from the Vince Goodwill article that Flip linked to, in the upper right hand corner of this page.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Sebastian...at this point, I would seriously consider trading Singler's rights for Alabi. Personally, I think Singler could help this team, but if he doesn't want to play in Detroit...well then...screw him.

Murph, in that same article, it exposes Goodwills knowledge of the game and what the Pistons need, when he questions Prince's smart desire. Here's the quote

Q: A week before the season ended, Tayshaun Prince suggested that he knew what the team needed but wouldn't open up. Did he ever elaborate?

A: Yes. One answer was expected, the other was a little bit of a shock. Prince said one of the big reasons for the 4-20 start was having issues on the frontline, so adding an athletic big in the draft isn't going to be a shock. But asking for an experienced reserve point guard surely wasn't top of anyone's mind.

"Brandon Knight is our point guard and will continue to be; hopefully we can get a veteran to mentor him," Prince said. "If you have a point guard who's been through the wars, maybe he can help them out a little better."

If Ben Wallace steps away as expected, then Prince would be the lone championship veteran in the locker room. Prince doesn't mind using his voice but doesn't want to be the only one, and walking a 21-year old point guard through every mistake probably isn't on his "to-do" list for next season.

Why would he be SHOCKED that we need a veteran guard to stabilize a young player??

That's beyond DUMB!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Xango

Post  Phil-Good Sat May 05, 2012 12:33 am

"At present, for some non-sensicle reason, all we can see at the #9 pick is Henson, Moultrie, Leonard, Jones III, or Sulinger, none of whom are better than Monroe "

You don't need A big to be better or not better then Monroe. You need A big man that can work well with Monroe. Complement him.Most of all, carry the load on Defense if possible.

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Do assists per game reflect the head coach's coaching ability?

Post  Grizz Sat May 05, 2012 5:41 am

Assists made and assists allowed COULD show how well the head coach is running the overall team concept on defense and offense. It is complicated by how much talent you have. But certainly being near last is not a good thing.

TEAM ASST/G OPP DIFF
1 Boston 23.59 18.68 4.91
2 Chicago 23.14 18.86 4.28
3 San Antonio 23.15 19.56 3.59
4 Philadelphia 22.02 19.59 2.43
5 Atlanta 22.44 20.52 1.92
6 Milwaukee 23.49 21.71 1.78
7 Utah 21.8 20.53 1.27
8 Houston 21.27 20.02 1.25
9 New York 20.12 18.91 1.21
10 Phoenix 22.52 21.46 1.06
11 Toronto 20.94 20.11 0.83
12 Denver 23.96 23.15 0.81
13 L.A. Lakers 22.5 21.91 0.59
14 Dallas 20.91 20.47 0.44
15 Miami 19.96 19.65 0.31
16 L.A. Clippers 20.99 20.73 0.26
17 Memphis 19.55 19.3 0.25
18 New Orleans 20.73 20.89 -0.16
19 Orlando 20.02 20.46 -0.44
20 Portland 20.44 21.09 -0.65
21 Golden State 22.27 23.14 -0.87
22 Indiana 18.61 19.58 -0.97
23 Oklahoma City 18.55 19.88 -1.33
24 Minnesota 19.55 21.55 -2
25 Washington 19.12 21.52 -2.4
26 Charlotte 20.09 23.29 -3.2
27 Cleveland 19.82 23.14 -3.32
28 New Jersey 19.86 23.32 -3.46
29 Detroit 18.67 22.5 -3.83
30 Sacramento 19.26 23.8 -4.54
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Kevin Langlois makes a great point!

Post  Grizz Sat May 05, 2012 7:49 am

Kobina (Decatur, Ga.,): Joe Dumars did not answer the question about redress owners have when other teams are tanking for lottery balls. Can you speak to this issue?

Langlois: That’s something that clearly would have to be initiated by the commissioner’s office, Kobina. There are growing rumblings from disparate sources – media and former coaches and executives, mostly – over dissatisfaction with the current lottery system that involves more than just the concept of tanking. I don’t expect any immediate action, but I wouldn’t be surprised if within the next five years there is a serious look at restructuring the lottery. My suggestion, as I touched on in my most recent blog post, would be to tie lottery odds to win totals rather than to place in the standings. This year, for example, there was a four-game difference in win totals for the Pistons (25) and Cleveland (21). Yet the Cavs go into the lottery with a more than nine times greater chance at landing the No. 1 pick and about an eight times greater chance at landing a top-three pick than the Pistons. That incentivizes losing in the season’s final weeks for some. Had they tied their odds to games won, Cleveland would have had less than a 20 percent greater chance at landing a top pick than the Pistons. When the incentive for tanking is reduced to a more insignificant margin, franchises would have a more difficult time weighing the reward vs. the cost in exposing your players to the concept that losing is to be encouraged. The Pistons bypassed a handful of teams in the season’s final weeks that dramatically altered their draft odds. Had the stakes been less dramatic, as they would be if lottery odds were tied to wins, I doubt we’d have seen all of those teams staggering to the finish line.
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Goodwill

Post  WTF Sat May 05, 2012 11:45 am

Goodwill been beyond dumb from the time he started writing for the Detnews. It was obvious from the time Joe traded CB that a solid veteran PG was required because at that time Stuckey needed mentoring to better learn that position.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Could the Pistons have a similar roster, as OKC?

Post  WTF Sat May 05, 2012 11:59 am

Come On Sebastian!

Westbrook and Durant (one is a franchise player for Pete's Sake) alone are light years beyond anything we have on our rosters. Comparing Knight to Westbrook are you serious. As much potential Knight may have he may never become an All-Star.

Bring that Homerism down a couple of notches and say instead we can be sitting in a position like Indiana or Philly next season which is more realistic than comparing what we have to OKC.

Knight should be better next season but he won't be a top PG next season. Monroe won't progress without the proper big.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Kevin Langlois makes a great point!

Post  WTF Sat May 05, 2012 12:08 pm

Grizz wrote:Kobina (Decatur, Ga.,): Joe Dumars did not answer the question about redress owners have when other teams are tanking for lottery balls. Can you speak to this issue?

Langlois: That’s something that clearly would have to be initiated by the commissioner’s office, Kobina. There are growing rumblings from disparate sources – media and former coaches and executives, mostly – over dissatisfaction with the current lottery system that involves more than just the concept of tanking. I don’t expect any immediate action, but I wouldn’t be surprised if within the next five years there is a serious look at restructuring the lottery. My suggestion, as I touched on in my most recent blog post, would be to tie lottery odds to win totals rather than to place in the standings. This year, for example, there was a four-game difference in win totals for the Pistons (25) and Cleveland (21). Yet the Cavs go into the lottery with a more than nine times greater chance at landing the No. 1 pick and about an eight times greater chance at landing a top-three pick than the Pistons. That incentivizes losing in the season’s final weeks for some. Had they tied their odds to games won, Cleveland would have had less than a 20 percent greater chance at landing a top pick than the Pistons. When the incentive for tanking is reduced to a more insignificant margin, franchises would have a more difficult time weighing the reward vs. the cost in exposing your players to the concept that losing is to be encouraged. The Pistons bypassed a handful of teams in the season’s final weeks that dramatically altered their draft odds. Had the stakes been less dramatic, as they would be if lottery odds were tied to wins, I doubt we’d have seen all of those teams staggering to the finish line.

Yes reversing the order in rewarding ping-pong balls would work and avoid teams from tanking. In other words if you finish last you recieve the least ping pong balls. This way teams are competing to land those top spots by finishing with the 15th best record for lottery eligible teams assuring them the most ping pong balls.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Sat May 05, 2012 12:47 pm

McGee is going to resign with Denver his not coming to Detroit drafting Henson or Sullinger shoild be our main goal even if we land a serviceable FA Big Man.

There's only a handful of keepers on this team and that would be Stuckey, Knight, Monroe, and to everyone's dismay Charlie.

Consider this two solutions to a back up SG (Arenas or Redd) both who can out shoot and better defend injured than a healthy Ben Gordon. Bonus they won't cost us 12 million a season.

Consider these two solutions to a back up PG. (Bibby or Andre Miller) both who can run a team and pass knowledge to a young PG like Knight. Bonus at least one of them if not both would take 1 year deals and not break the bank.

Consider these players in a trade to obtain another first round pick (Prince, Gordon, JJ, Daye, and Bynum) Do you think one of the lottery teams might be willing (Phoenix or Sactown perhaps) find this attractive? Could use that pick and perhap also land Harrison Barnes.

Monroe Knight Stuckey Barnes and Henson all starting next season with just enough veteran back up to keep things steady CV, JMax, Miller, Redd, and giving Macklin a real chance to play. What I see is a youthful starting line up that could fill those empty seats in the Palace and a second unit that can stabilize a young team and has the potential to put up a bunch of points.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty PHILLIP BOY

Post  deusXang Sat May 05, 2012 2:44 pm

"You don't need A big to be better or not better then Monroe. You need A big man that can work well with Monroe. Complement him.Most of all, carry the load on Defense if possible."
-phillip1980boy

If you read the entire post, you would see that I surrounded Monroe with complimentary players, both at center and SF. 3 of the 4 mentioned draft prospects can't be considered anymore than PF's, and it's debateble if they are capable of taking any pressure off Monroe playing against the PF's in the league. Leonard? IMHO all these guys would leave Monroe out on an island all by himself; we may as well roll with Macklin.
Asik is a beast in the middle, all he needs is a chance for extended PT.
White is a load, both skill wise and size, who plays defense and rebounds, something that we haven't had at the SF spot since Mark Aguirre! Please re-examine the wisdom of picking skinny ass Henson (based on colligate blocked shots), slow ass, shoes nailed to the floor, with 'gator arms, Sullinger, and "I don't think we have a chance at winning" Moultrie. Leonard would be the best, but at #9? You may as well take White there, because his game far exceeds what Leonard's would mean to our team.

deusXang

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty WISEFAN, WISEMAN

Post  deusXango Sat May 05, 2012 2:59 pm

Wise, where's the love? I fully expected you to be all over my "draft prospects" post. I'm really interested in your thought of pairing Stuckey with Vasquez, instead of Knight. I think that's a backcourt that has it all; no need for Gordon unless it's due to someone being injuried. Also I'm curious about your thoughts on pursuing Omer Asik in the FA market. Holla back, man.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty WISEFAN, WISEMAN

Post  WTF Sat May 05, 2012 5:12 pm

deusXango wrote:Wise, where's the love? I fully expected you to be all over my "draft prospects" post. I'm really interested in your thought of pairing Stuckey with Vasquez, instead of Knight. I think that's a backcourt that has it all; no need for Gordon unless it's due to someone being injuried. Also I'm curious about your thoughts on pursuing Omer Asik in the FA market. Holla back, man.

DX I got tons of love for Vasquez wish we had him because I would love having a backcourt of Stuckey and Vasquez just not sure we can get him. The same with Asik not sure the Bulls would part with him, we might have a better chance at Marreese Speights (worth the MLE) who I still think can be extremely productive and fits that defensive need in our front court

As far as the draft goes Barnes would be my choice if available but if not I think Henson has the mentality and BB IQ to go with Knight and Monroe. While I don't see a big difference in the talent of many of the players in this year draft I the BB IQ separates Henson from all the rest of them. That's the edge Henson has over all the others.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty WISE FAN, THINK ON THIS...

Post  deusXango Sat May 05, 2012 11:07 pm

With the emerging need for a reliable outside (3 pt.) shooter, the Bulls may be tempted to go with a known commodity like Ben Gordon. He will only have 2 years left on his contract, and his most productive years came in a Bulls uniform. We might get the rights to Asik and their ass end of the draft first rounder for Gordon. "Ask not, have not." I'm a big Speights fan, but I wonder why Jelly Joe and Howdy Doody didn't make a move when he clearly was not wanted in Philly, and we were in desperate need of a big at the time. I also look at the treatment of Macklin, and the ignoring of Monroe in the offensive schemes ran by Lil' Larry. Do the Pistons brain trust really want quality bigs? Think about it. Monroe was practically forced on us by common sense, as was Knight.

I'm sorry Wise, but I just can't get with Harrison Barnes on our team; I may well be wrong, but I don't think that he'll blossom in the NBA when he was clearly loosing his way in the college game. Too many limitations for me. Anyway, I appreciate you sharing some fresh insights for me to consider; I'm tired of reading the slop by Vince Ellis, and the retarded projections by DraftNet.com, as far as addressing the Pistons needs.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Da Bulls

Post  Oracle Sun May 06, 2012 12:33 am

deusXango wrote:With the emerging need for a reliable outside (3 pt.) shooter, the Bulls may be tempted to go with a known commodity like Ben Gordon.

Holy Crap!!!

When a #1 seed loses ONLY one player, even if it's Derrick Rose, and they can't beat a #8 seed, something's wrong with that franchise!!!

They need to look LONG and HARD at that roster in the off season, it's in need of serious tweaking...
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Lose your best player

Post  Grizz3 Sun May 06, 2012 2:25 am

any any elite team is .... T-O-A-S-T.....Dwight Howard ... Kobe Bryant ... LeBron James .. No one needs to worry about the Bulls .. and the 76ers with Doug Collins .. are a dangerous team in play-offs .. were last season .. same this season .. Unfortunately ,.. we dont have a play off team .. and we dont have a superstar to even lose to injury ..

Grizz3

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Guess you don't realize how important A top 10 player is

Post  Phil-Good Sun May 06, 2012 2:48 am

Holy Crap!!!

When a #1 seed loses ONLY one player, even if it's Derrick Rose, and they can't beat a #8 seed, something's wrong with that franchise!!!

They need to look LONG and HARD at that roster in the off season, it's in need of serious tweaking...[/quote]

I agree that Chicago needs to update that roster but D.Rose is the man. That's one of the major differences between the NBA and other major sports. 1 player can make all the difference between winning and being a lotto team.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Guess you don't realize how important A top 10 player is

Post  Oracle Sun May 06, 2012 4:40 am

I agree that Chicago needs to update that roster but D.Rose is the man. That's one of the major differences between the NBA and other major sports. 1 player can make all the difference between winning and being a lotto team.

I guess your standards are so low they're scraping the ground!

Are you kidding me??? You need BB IQ 101 like Tomorrow!

On what planet does a #1 seed lose ONE player and can't beat the #8 seed in ANY conference, let alone the crappy east? The team that's the WORST of ALL 16 teams in the playoffs!

Get real, that's not a #1 seed! I bet the Cavs of LBJ could handle that Philly team if he was out.

What's shocking is that you actually believe that the Bulls shouldn't be kicking the crap out the the 76'ers!

Sorry, if you think that's acceptable performance for a #1 seed, you have no standards! I can see them having trouble with a lot of teams, but NOT the worst team in the playoffs.

And I though Wise was being too hard on you, now it's becoming clearer why he's upset!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty 76ers are NOT a bad team

Post  Grizz3 Sun May 06, 2012 8:10 am

Oracle ... DRose is the PG AND a MVP like player ... big hit on the Bulls, talent-wise and leadership wise .. .. 76ers play tough D and are athletic and have a pretty good head coach ... ... I am not shocked the 76ers will beat the Bulls without Rose ... Take Kevin Durant off the Thunder and replay the Mavs and who would the smart money bet on?

Grizz3

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 4 Empty Da Bulls

Post  deusXango Sun May 06, 2012 10:38 am

Oracle, I'm totally understanding what you're saying; there is more wrong with the Bulls than the absence of DRose. My feeling is that Rip Hamilton is not the consistant all-world scorer that was expected, Luel Deng has been sleep walking through the Philly series, and try as he may, Carlos Boozer can't carry a team all by himself. Add to that, the absence of Noah! With no center, a sleep walking SF, an inconsistant SG, and no All-Star PG, what do you have? The Detroit Pistons!!!! If Derrick Rose were here would we be a #1 seed in the east? Hell no!! All due respect to DRose.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next