Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
frankied
Murph
merc
Rett
Sebastian
lemonpen
Sissy1946
Grizz
cool breeze
WTF
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
16 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Best Defense this season By Piston Players

Post  Grizz Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:40 pm

Player MP PER DRtg
Ben Wallace 980 10.7 100
Charlie Villanueva 180 16.2 101
Greg Monroe 2082 22 102
Austin Daye 603 7.1 104
Vernon Macklin 135 18.2 105
Jonas Jerebko 1468 14.2 106
Jason Maxiell 1466 11.7 106
Will Bynum 514 9.9 106
Walker Russell 357 7.1 107
Damien Wilkins 922 6.9 108
Rodney Stuckey 1643 17.6 109
Ben Gordon 1398 13.5 109
Tayshaun Prince 2087 12.9 109
Brandon Knight 2128 11.7 109

Another result that makes me think this stat is BS! Knight seemed to play D well every time I watched ... CV is supposively a horrible defender .. but .. there he is on high .. So .. why cannot the collected brainpower of all NBA experts do better than this to come up with a stat that shows how well a player defends?
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Plus / Minus Ratings for this season for the Detroit Pistons

Post  Grizz Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:54 pm

Net48
Macklin 9
Stuckey -0.8
Maxiell -3.5
Wilkins -4.9
Monroe -5.5
Prince -5.5
Wallace -6.3
Jerebko -6.4
Knight -7
Gordon -7.1
Russell -8
Bynum -8.1
Daye -8.8
Villanueva -31.5

This makes more sense .. and jives with our overall perception of the players involved...Macklin shows he deserved more playing time than our not so smart head coach and gm deemed him worthy. For a rebuilding team, quite stupid and indefensible...

Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty What our players are worth in terms of draft picks .. IMO

Post  Grizz Tue May 01, 2012 12:08 am

age Net48 Draft Pick
Macklin 25 9 Nothing
Stuckey 25 -0.8 Late 1st round
Maxiell 28 -3.5 Mid 2nd round
Wilkins 32 -4.9 Nothing
Monroe 21 -5.5 1st round, #8
Prince 31 -5.5 Late 1st round
Wallace 37 -6.3 Nothing
Jerebko 24 -6.4 Late 2nd round
Knight 20 -7 1st round, #10
Gordon 28 -7.1 Nothing
Russell 29 -8 Nothing
Bynum 29 -8.1 Nothing
Daye 23 -8.8 Nothing
Villanueva 27 -31.5 Nothing

Why do I think this is all our team is worth in terms of the draft? Because when teams do draft, they are picking players they CONCEIVE of becoming good or great in different ways. At this point, all pre-NBA player experienced players have no black marks againt them such as SALARY TOO HIGH, TOO OLD, CANNOT PLAY DEFENSE, CANNOT REBOUND, GETS INJURED A LOT, CHOKES UNDER PRESSURE. But so many of our players do fall under these negative marks, and pretty much every player on our team is a MINUS. So the reality in my opinion is, there is virtually no smart team that would make any meaningful trade for our players. Give up that idea ASAP. Our only hope for the draft is to get the ping pong ball that gets us a top 3 lottery pick. Joe Dumars should dress up as a big Rabbit's Foot on that day because we will need it with the odds as follows:

Detroit Pistons (25-41): 1.7-percent chance at No. 1, 6.1-percent chance at top three.

YIKES .. but maybe the NBA feels they owe us a good pick! Start praying Piston Fans! The Vigil of the Holy Lottery has begun.

Last edited by Grizz on Tue May 01, 2012 12:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Phil-Good Tue May 01, 2012 12:14 am

[quote="Grizz"] age Net48 Draft Pick
Macklin 25 9 Nothing
Wilkins 32 -4.9 Nothing
Wallace 37 -6.3 Nothing
Gordon 28 -7.1 Nothing
Russell 29 -8 Nothing
Bynum 29 -8.1 Nothing
Daye 23 -8.8 Nothing

"Why do I think this is all our team is worth in terms of the draft?" That's A good Question because some of your numbers Are way off!!

Just A quick example. G.Monroe would be the second or 3rd pick if he was in this NBA Draft. If his draft was done over again Moose would be top two pick.

If Stuckey draft year was done over again he would be top 10 pick.

But everybody else is just about on point. Prince would be A mid first round pick not late first round pick if done over again.

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  Grizz Tue May 01, 2012 12:19 am

[quote="Phil1980boy"]
Grizz wrote: age Net48 Draft Pick
Macklin 25 9 Nothing
Wilkins 32 -4.9 Nothing
Wallace 37 -6.3 Nothing
Gordon 28 -7.1 Nothing
Russell 29 -8 Nothing
Bynum 29 -8.1 Nothing
Daye 23 -8.8 Nothing

"Why do I think this is all our team is worth in terms of the draft?" That's A good Question because some of your numbers Are way off!!

Just A quick example. G.Monroe would be the second or 3rd pick if he was in this NBA Draft. If his draft was done over again Moose would be top two pick.

If Stuckey draft year was done over again he would be top 10 pick.

But everybody else is just about on point. Prince would be A mid first round pick not late first round pick if done over again.

Phillip .. are you serious? I am serious .. Monore a top 2 pick? Look at the prestige of the 2 greatest players in the college draft, and you tell me you, as a GM, would take Monroe over the top 2 or Stuckey, some guy who never made it consistently or remotely as a star player, still not at a settled position after 4 or 5 seasons, and will be 26 next year, for the 10th best player .. I also dont see Joe making any meaningful trades either for pretty much the same reasons... BUT we agree on everything else? Cool .. Anyway .. IF Joe D DID make a trade for any pick higher than indicated .. I would really give Dumars MAJOR PROPS ... Lets hope for the impossible!
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Brandon Knight is not getting the credit he should get for improving this Piston team

Post  cool breeze Tue May 01, 2012 12:30 am

I have read all of the articles from the Detroit News and FreePress. What is going on. FreePress gave Knight a c+ grade which is insane. What I saw in Brandon Knight was leadership. He was the guy who turned a lot of games around. When the Pistons looked like losers falling behind and playing like the previous season with no emotions or energy, I watched Knight somehow go into another gear that few NBA players are capable of getting to in their entire careers. He would suddenly dive on the floor for a loose ball or one time jump over the Piston bench, fall hard to the floor and have a gatorade container fall on him soaking his uniform. That act caused Stuckey to give that curious look of wonder. Suddenly in that game, the entire team changed for the better. How many games did Knight miss shots and make floor mistakes in the first half and then come back and blister the opposition in the second half. Come on, Piston fans get on the Knight train right now. This guy has the right stuff just like John Glenn. And he is just a kid. Dumars has made a lot of mistakes but he hit the jackpot with Brandon Knight. Way to go Joe! Now we need Singler and three good picks in this draft. Bring back Billups to mentor Knight. Release either Gordon or Charlie V. Release Bynum. Get a stud to block shots and play defense in the paint. Get a young talented guard with a high motor who is smart like Knight. This might be an exciting time for the Detroit Pistons.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue May 01, 2012 12:42 am

Grizz wrote:Everyone here I guess hopes it is anyone but the Heat .. If it is true that the word from Stern is that the Heat will get preferential calls, then it is hard to believe anyone but the Heat will win. If this happens, that would really make me mad. And it would almost make me want to stop being an NBA fan (though still a a Piston fan, much like the PEDs in baseball made me care less about MLB, EXCEPT if the Tigers were contending). Still sorry the Bulls wont have DRose but amazingly, they are still a pretty good team even without Rose. Took a look at what the experts think about this play-off run and they picked The Heat, The Thunder, and then the Lakers or Spurs (Good god, talk about a good GM and Head coach to still be competing for the title over the entire career of Tim Duncan).. A few give the Pacers a chance to make it to the Finals .. I only have hate for the Heat and so will root for every team they face. If I had to choose 1 team, I would go with The Thunder, because of the awesome high level their 3 stars as a group have, and the refs will give them some respect. But they, like the Heat are not deep, and so deep yet old / experienced teams like the Lakers or Spurs really do have a shot at reaching the finals, like the Celtics did a few years back. These 2 experienced teams have some new youth to give them a shot ... and I have hated them quite a bit, as any Piston fan would, also for many years.. but I have never hated a team more than the Heat . .. because of how they act, and what they say, and how the refs seem to bail them out game after game ..

It is amazing that David Stern would allow the Heat to march through the playoffs again with the refs on their side. With all the attention involving refs gambling issues and questions about fixing games, who would think he could authorize this. But it is happening. D. Wade gets away with murder on the court. James, being such a powerful human being gets the touch fouls called in his favor. When do any of the Heat players get a charge called against them? We fans need to start forcing more public attention so we can watch real games in the playoffs involving the Heat. The Heat defense is a model of the way players played in another era before the rule changes. Only the Heat can get away with playing that way. Why? Grizz I am with you. I want any team to win this thing except the Miami Heat. I wish somehow that they did not make the finals. That is not realistic. If the Heat make the finals, everyone should tune out the NBA for the final series so the ratings tumble into the toilet.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Why should Dumars do everything he can to sign Kyle Singler?

Post  cool breeze Tue May 01, 2012 1:07 am

The answer is that Singler is smart and he is a good defensive player. He does anything the coach would need him to do without complaint. In other words, Singler is a team first type player who knows how to win games. I believe he would be a great addition this team even if Jerebco can play small forward. With Singler coming in along with 3 other new players from the draft, some of those players should stick making this Piston team much more solid. We need more talent, higher energy and smarter players who want to win above all else.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Knight...

Post  Murph Tue May 01, 2012 9:29 am

cool breeze wrote:I have read all of the articles from the Detroit News and FreePress. What is going on. FreePress gave Knight a c+ grade which is insane. What I saw in Brandon Knight was leadership. He was the guy who turned a lot of games around. When the Pistons looked like losers falling behind and playing like the previous season with no emotions or energy, I watched Knight somehow go into another gear that few NBA players are capable of getting to in their entire careers. He would suddenly dive on the floor for a loose ball or one time jump over the Piston bench, fall hard to the floor and have a gatorade container fall on him soaking his uniform. That act caused Stuckey to give that curious look of wonder. Suddenly in that game, the entire team changed for the better. How many games did Knight miss shots and make floor mistakes in the first half and then come back and blister the opposition in the second half. Come on, Piston fans get on the Knight train right now. This guy has the right stuff just like John Glenn. And he is just a kid. Dumars has made a lot of mistakes but he hit the jackpot with Brandon Knight. Way to go Joe! Now we need Singler and three good picks in this draft. Bring back Billups to mentor Knight. Release either Gordon or Charlie V. Release Bynum. Get a stud to block shots and play defense in the paint. Get a young talented guard with a high motor who is smart like Knight. This might be an exciting time for the Detroit Pistons.

It's true that Knight finished the season strong, and became something of a leader on the floor for the Pistons. However, the first half of his season was so bad that it drags his over-all performance down.

But no worries...these grades are just mental masterbation. The real indication of how good Knight will be next year will be how much he works on his game over the summer, and if he comes out strong next season.

All indications are that Knight is going to develop into an outstanding PG.

Also, I'd like to see the Pistons draft a reserve PG in the 2nd round (Scott Machado?) to back-up Knight. And I also wouldn't mind if the Pistons signed a veteran free agent PG, such as Billups, to tutor Knight.

And while he's at it, Joe needs to dump Bynum and Walker Russell.

Last edited by Murph on Tue May 01, 2012 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Heat...

Post  Murph Tue May 01, 2012 9:38 am

Grizz wrote:Everyone here I guess hopes it is anyone but the Heat .. If it is true that the word from Stern is that the Heat will get preferential calls, then it is hard to believe anyone but the Heat will win. If this happens, that would really make me mad. And it would almost make me want to stop being an NBA fan (though still a a Piston fan, much like the PEDs in baseball made me care less about MLB, EXCEPT if the Tigers were contending). Still sorry the Bulls wont have DRose but amazingly, they are still a pretty good team even without Rose. Took a look at what the experts think about this play-off run and they picked The Heat, The Thunder, and then the Lakers or Spurs (Good god, talk about a good GM and Head coach to still be competing for the title over the entire career of Tim Duncan).. A few give the Pacers a chance to make it to the Finals .. I only have hate for the Heat and so will root for every team they face. If I had to choose 1 team, I would go with The Thunder, because of the awesome high level their 3 stars as a group have, and the refs will give them some respect. But they, like the Heat are not deep, and so deep yet old / experienced teams like the Lakers or Spurs really do have a shot at reaching the finals, like the Celtics did a few years back. These 2 experienced teams have some new youth to give them a shot ... and I have hated them quite a bit, as any Piston fan would, also for many years.. but I have never hated a team more than the Heat . .. because of how they act, and what they say, and how the refs seem to bail them out game after game ..

I have to admit, I quit watching the Heat/Knicks series, after that 5 minute stint at the end of the 1st quarter of the first game, when the officials made about 10 fantom calls in a row against the Knicks, including the Lebron flop. At that point, it became painfully clear that there was no possible way David Stern and the NBA were going to allow the Heat to lose. Bleh... Rolling Eyes

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Insane Grading

Post  WTF Tue May 01, 2012 4:10 pm

Come On Folks! don't let the Homerism get the best of you.

No one the team gets an A and the team overall should be no better than a C-......

Monroe: Gets a solid B felt he could have improved much more than he has and even though consistant most nights he failed to show big in games against above par centers. Could be lack of serviceable big beside him, or it could be a lack of balance seems he gets lost when Stuckey has big scoring games. tb

Knight: I'll say the C sounds right on the money but I kind of expected him to be every bit of productive as Kyrie. Could be Frank is a bonehead also. But I see many of you are grading on pontential and not actual season production when it comes to Knight. He's a rookie and I hope he gets better should be playing like a young Rondo. hehe

Stuckey His talent alone gets him a B but the sky is the limit if he ever gets his mind right he can get a A for All Star. Not always a team player and he still needs to become a leader on the team. No such thing as one leader on a team, they're often lead my committee (Zeke, Bill, Rick) (Chauncey, Ben Sheed) somehow Knight, Stuckey and Monroe has to take charge of this team. Stuckey first has to grow all the way up facepalm

Maxiell Gets a D It's his 8th season and he's no more better than he was his rookie season and grade higher than a D reeks of Homerism facepalm

Gordon Gets an F at his salary anything less than 20pt a games is failure. He's not had one bad season or 2 bad season he has had 3. Any fan forgiving of that and grading him higher reeks again of Homerism scratch

Charlie Gets an INC, not that he would have gotten an A anywho...... scratch

Tay, Big Ben, and Bynum All gets C- Really what real purpose do they serve other than being in the freaking way. I would bet all my money we win 15 more games and make the playoff this season if those 3 never got any court time. thumbs down

Daye Should get enough E's and D's that he can spell EDDIE. I have never seen a more useless play in the league ever. Chuck Nevitts comes to mind, What a wasted draft pick. thumbs down thumbs down I wish I had more hands to give his sorry ass more thumb downs

JJ Get a C not sure if missing a season hurts him more or Frank coaching, I was almost tempted to give JJ and Inc. silent

Macklin I should grade him on his D-League efforts and give him a B+. My gut says playing Macklin oppose to Big Ben would have gotten team 10 more wins. clap

Frank Smells like Curry and Kuester. I was all for hiring Frank in the beginning look like I was wrong. Frank get a C- facepalm

Jelly Joe and Gores Get to share a grade and they get a Big Fat F triple minus a hair from getting G+ first all those dumb half time performances. Then add the fact no trades, poor attendence and the same shit roster. One needs to be fired and the other needs to give the team back to Karen for a do over to Ilitch facepalm

Last edited by WISEFAN on Tue May 01, 2012 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just Because)
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue May 01, 2012 11:49 pm

Murph wrote:
cool breeze wrote:I have read all of the articles from the Detroit News and FreePress. What is going on. FreePress gave Knight a c+ grade which is insane. What I saw in Brandon Knight was leadership. He was the guy who turned a lot of games around. When the Pistons looked like losers falling behind and playing like the previous season with no emotions or energy, I watched Knight somehow go into another gear that few NBA players are capable of getting to in their entire careers. He would suddenly dive on the floor for a loose ball or one time jump over the Piston bench, fall hard to the floor and have a gatorade container fall on him soaking his uniform. That act caused Stuckey to give that curious look of wonder. Suddenly in that game, the entire team changed for the better. How many games did Knight miss shots and make floor mistakes in the first half and then come back and blister the opposition in the second half. Come on, Piston fans get on the Knight train right now. This guy has the right stuff just like John Glenn. And he is just a kid. Dumars has made a lot of mistakes but he hit the jackpot with Brandon Knight. Way to go Joe! Now we need Singler and three good picks in this draft. Bring back Billups to mentor Knight. Release either Gordon or Charlie V. Release Bynum. Get a stud to block shots and play defense in the paint. Get a young talented guard with a high motor who is smart like Knight. This might be an exciting time for the Detroit Pistons.

It's true that Knight finished the season strong, and became something of a leader on the floor for the Pistons. However, the first half of his season was so bad that it drags his over-all performance down.

But no worries...these grades are just mental masterbation. The real indication of how good Knight will be next year will be how much he works on his game over the summer, and if he comes out strong next season.

All indications are that Knight is going to develop into an outstanding PG.

Also, I'd like to see the Pistons draft a reserve PG in the 2nd round (Scott Machado?) to back-up Knight. And I also wouldn't mind if the Pistons signed a veteran free agent PG, such as Billups, to tutor Knight.

And while he's at it, Joe needs to dump Bynum and Walker Russell.

Murph I see something in Brandon Knight that is very special. Even early in the season, I was watching his foot work. He is very quick and has something inside that is unlike any of the other Piston players. I have my doubts about Rodney Stuckey ever being a special player who can lead a team in the playoffs. He is a Ben Gordon type of guy who is very unpredictable. Stuckey just doesn't want it enought like Zeke and other Piston greats. He is injury prone as well. But Knight is special. He was born with special quickness and basketball brains. Maybe it will take a few years until he gets to play with higher caliber players. But I love what I saw from Knight this season.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Lets Assume Singler is a Good Player

Post  Grizz Wed May 02, 2012 12:13 am

cool breeze wrote:The answer is that Singler is smart and he is a good defensive player. He does anything the coach would need him to do without complaint. In other words, Singler is a team first type player who knows how to win games. I believe he would be a great addition this team even if Jerebco can play small forward. With Singler coming in along with 3 other new players from the draft, some of those players should stick making this Piston team much more solid. We need more talent, higher energy and smarter players who want to win above all else.

Don, is it just me or do I get the feeling Singler does NOT want to play for The Pistons / Joe Dumars?
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Insane...

Post  Murph Wed May 02, 2012 11:40 am

WISEFAN wrote:Come On Folks! don't let the Homerism get the best of you.

No one the team gets an A and the team overall should be no better than a C-......

Monroe: Gets a solid B felt he could have improved much more than he has and even though consistant most nights he failed to show big in games against above par centers. Could be lack of serviceable big beside him, or it could be a lack of balance seems he gets lost when Stuckey has big scoring games. tb

Knight: I'll say the C sounds right on the money but I kind of expected him to be every bit of productive as Kyrie. Could be Frank is a bonehead also. But I see many of you are grading on pontential and not actual season production when it comes to Knight. He's a rookie and I hope he gets better should be playing like a young Rondo. hehe

Stuckey His talent alone gets him a B but the sky is the limit if he ever gets his mind right he can get a A for All Star. Not always a team player and he still needs to become a leader on the team. No such thing as one leader on a team, they're often lead my committee (Zeke, Bill, Rick) (Chauncey, Ben Sheed) somehow Knight, Stuckey and Monroe has to take charge of this team. Stuckey first has to grow all the way up facepalm

Maxiell Gets a D It's his 8th season and he's no more better than he was his rookie season and grade higher than a D reeks of Homerism facepalm

Gordon Gets an F at his salary anything less than 20pt a games is failure. He's not had one bad season or 2 bad season he has had 3. Any fan forgiving of that and grading him higher reeks again of Homerism scratch

Tay, Big Ben, and Bynum All gets C- Really what real purpose do they serve other than being in the freaking way. I would bet all my money we win 15 more games and make the playoff this season if those 3 never got any court time. thumbs down

Daye Should get enough E's and D's that he can spell EDDIE. I have never seen a more useless play in the league ever. Chuck Nevitts comes to mind, What a wasted draft pick. thumbs down thumbs down I wish I had more hands to give his sorry ass more thumb downs

JJ Get a C not sure if missing a season hurts him more or Frank coaching, I was almost tempted to give JJ and Inc. silent

Macklin I should grade him on his D-League efforts and give him a B+. My gut says playing Macklin oppose to Big Ben would have gotten team 10 more wins. clap

Frank Smells like Curry and Kuester. I was all for hiring Frank in the beginning look like I was wrong. Frank get a C- facepalm

Jelly Joe and Gores Get to share a grade and they get a Big Fat F triple minus a hair from getting G+ first all those dumb half time performances. Then add the fact no trades, poor attendence and the same shit roster. One needs to be fired and the other needs to give the team back to Karen for a do over to Ilitch facepalm

lol!

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Knight...

Post  Murph Wed May 02, 2012 11:46 am

cool breeze wrote:
Murph I see something in Brandon Knight that is very special. Even early in the season, I was watching his foot work. He is very quick and has something inside that is unlike any of the other Piston players...Knight is special. He was born with special quickness and basketball brains. Maybe it will take a few years until he gets to play with higher caliber players. But I love what I saw from Knight this season.

Don...I don't disagree. But I also agree with Wisefan when he wrote:

"I see many of you are grading on pontential and not actual season production when it comes to Knight. He's a rookie and I hope he gets better should be playing like a young Rondo."

I'm hoping that next year, Knight will turn all that potential that we see in him into actual production on the court.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Lets Assume Singler is a Good Player

Post  Sebastian Wed May 02, 2012 11:50 am

Grizz wrote:
cool breeze wrote:The answer is that Singler is smart and he is a good defensive player. He does anything the coach would need him to do without complaint. In other words, Singler is a team first type player who knows how to win games. I believe he would be a great addition this team even if Jerebco can play small forward. With Singler coming in along with 3 other new players from the draft, some of those players should stick making this Piston team much more solid. We need more talent, higher energy and smarter players who want to win above all else.

Don, is it just me or do I get the feeling Singler does NOT want to play for The Pistons / Joe Dumars?

Joe should swap Singler's draft rights to the Raptors for Solomon Alabi, who was drafted with the 50th pick (2nd, Round -2010 Draft) by Dallas and traded on draft night to Toronto.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Henson

Post  Murph. Wed May 02, 2012 9:46 pm

I see Goodwill is on the Henson bandwagon also:

A: North Carolina's John Henson seems to fit the bill of what they want: an athletic big to play next to Greg Monroe, someone who can take pressure off Monroe defensively.

The Pistons made a play for the Nuggets' JaVale McGee at the trade deadline, and although Henson isn't the athlete McGee is, you can understand what they're looking for. Henson is a lefty, slightly-built (6-10, 210 pounds), but averaged three blocks his sophomore and junior years. He's another "high character" player in the mold of Monroe and Brandon Knight.

Q: Henson isn't that high on most analysts' draft boards, so wouldn't that go against the Pistons' "best player available" strategy? And who else is on the radar?

A: Yes, but Henson is close enough on the boards that it wouldn't be considered a reach. Besides, the Pistons need an athletic wing or big, and I contend they'd take him over Ohio State's Jared Sullinger.

Murph.

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Frank is holding Knight back ..

Post  Grizz Wed May 02, 2012 11:06 pm

Murph wrote:
cool breeze wrote:
Murph I see something in Brandon Knight that is very special. Even early in the season, I was watching his foot work. He is very quick and has something inside that is unlike any of the other Piston players...Knight is special. He was born with special quickness and basketball brains. Maybe it will take a few years until he gets to play with higher caliber players. But I love what I saw from Knight this season.

Don...I don't disagree. But I also agree with Wisefan when he wrote:

"I see many of you are grading on pontential and not actual season production when it comes to Knight. He's a rookie and I hope he gets better should be playing like a young Rondo."

I'm hoping that next year, Knight will turn all that potential that we see in him into actual production on the court.

I blame the roster and Frank's indecision on how to run the offense as shackling Knight .. Love Knight and his go for it attitude, and the man is talented (B+ for the season given his coach and teammates) . It is true that coach Frank in turn is shackled by a crazy roster .. but I think he could be running a better offense .. Someone who is smart tell me what they think of how the team runs plays .. As far as I can tell . they pass on the perimeter for an open shot OR run isolation plays .. Not enough inside game .. Not enough pick and rolls and screens .. Also low number of assists on this team shows we are not playing that great together on "O"... I really want to see Knights assists double during next season... He can do it .. but not if the head coach and GM keep performing poorly...

Last edited by Grizz on Wed May 02, 2012 11:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Grizz Wed May 02, 2012 11:09 pm

Murph wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Come On Folks! don't let the Homerism get the best of you.

lol!

Cynic, I agree with you on Frank .. I have gone from totally against his hiring to liking him and now I dont like him much .. We can all agree he is a step up from Kuester and Curry .. heck ...a dead dog in the middle of the road would be ... but he still does not wow me .. except for his enthusiasm and perseverence .. He needs to get a lot better on working a more balanced, organized, and creative offense ...
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty about Frank.....

Post  Rett Thu May 03, 2012 12:08 am

I give him a B plus!....First Coach in a very long time that has the respect of his players.

and THAT has NOT happened in like FOREVER!!!!

So, He MUST be doing something right!
and the TEAM did progress and IMPROVE!!

and anyone who CANNOT see that...just doesn't want to.

GO PISTONS.....SEE u ALL in the playoffs Next Year!!

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Good Post Rett. SOUR-Puss-Sour-Cry-Baby-Sour-Cynic. I give you A D for DUMMY!!

Post  Phil-Good Thu May 03, 2012 3:15 am

Here goes the correct grading scale.

G.Moose Monroe= Double Double Machine Grade...... B. The Moose has to get the ball more but he also has to be way more aggressive.

B.Knight. Really high potential. Really fast, and can shoot the lights out. Also Knight is not afraid of the big shot. All time 3ball shooter for rookies in Piston history. Fell off at the end of the season Grad... C+

Jason Mad Max. Had his best season as A pro player. For Max he can't do any better then he did this season. Mad Max is the main reason why Detroit finished second half of season at 500. Mad Max grade...A

T.Prince. A pros pro. What more can you say about Prince. Grade...C+

Rodney Stuckey. Had A really special season. Showed that he can dominate, get to the line, rebound and make the right decision in the clutch. His fall off at the end of the season was due to being beat up and having no energy. that drops his grade somewhat. Grade...B-

Charlie V. is not A Piston type of player. Not his fault. Nobody put A gun up to Joe's head and made Joe give all that money to A BUM. That's Joe's fault not Charlie V's. But Charlie V was in better shape and moves A lot faster. So for that I will give him Grade.... C

Ben Gordon. If I had one word to describe Ben Gordon it would be STREAKY! R.Stuckey would have not been so beat up at the end of the season if Ben Gordon could carry his own weight but Ben can't. Gordon needs A new start and I don't blame him. Grade...C-

Austin Daye. Too Skinny, no confidence, no post skills, no ability to play defense, no handles, I did not see Austin Dunk the ball 2 times this season and He 7feet tall. Grade...F-

D.Wilks. WHO CARES!!!

J.Russell..Who Cares!!

Will Bynum..I love Will's heart. Will is explosive but he is A ball Hog. Simple and plane. Ball HOG!! I saw no progress in Will's game this season. Grade...D+

Jones Jerebko. I like J.J. No weak spots in his game. J.J. showed me A really solid Jump-shot this season and A nice hook shot. I'm happy J.J. is on my team! I like J.J. at the 4 but he can play 3/4. Grade... C+

V.Mack. Who really knows? I don't. Grade...INCOMPLETE.

Coach L. Frank. Brought back respect, no nonsense, business, hard-nose, blue collar, Detroit Pistons basketball blue print, DEFENSE FIRST, Second, and 3rd type of coaching. Got the most he could get out of this team Grade....B

Joe Dumars. Resigned Prince, Stuckey and Jones Jerebko. Drafted B.Knight and now the Pistons have A future 1 and 5 in-place. All good moves. No trades, no adding more draft picks, no using of the mid-level exception drops Joe's grade for this season. Grade....C

Tom Gores. Up-graded the Palace. Up-graded the locker rooms. Up-graded all the retired jerseys, and numbers. Free Food for the players before and after practice. Brad new Air Plain for the Pistons team. All really good signs. Those are the little things that make players feel like they are working for a first class organization. Grade...B+

The Pistons are headed in the right direction. GO PISTONS!!! tb

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty NBA Draft 2012

Post  Phil-Good Thu May 03, 2012 3:56 am

OK. I have been watching some film. Here is my top 5 Pick for the Pistons if they stick at 9 or 10. By the way I would love to see Joe add A mid first round pick via trade.

John Henson. I been watching film and this kid can really play some D and he can really move his feet. he should have no problems defending the pick and roll in the NBA over time especially after he gets some weight on him.

Austin Rivers. I'm very impressed with his ability to get to the Rim. His jumper is really good also but he does not sit on it all day. He attacks the Rim. Only problem is this kid is small but over time I bet he will add muscle and be A MONSTER!

J.Lamb. RIP, Reggie, type of 2-guard. Can attack the rim and is very athletic. If he wants to he will be in the running for Rookie Of the Year.

J.Sullinger. Big boy can play. This is the guy who I would try to grab around the 16th pick. But you can't pass on J.Henson if he still there at 9 or 10 when the Piston pick.

5th. TRADE! TRADE! TRADE!!

This should be A very unique summer for the Pistons.

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu May 03, 2012 4:53 am

Murph "The Pistons made a play for the Nuggets' JaVale McGee at the trade deadline"
Just curious where you heard this... could be an insight into Joe's wish list for free agency.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty BITS & PIECES

Post  deusXango Thu May 03, 2012 7:02 am

Wise, that was an awesome and honest grading of the team, compared to the lemmings who'd follow Joe to and over the edge, but I'd personally grade Stuckey and Knight "C+." Both performed well, at times, but toyed with their potential. That "B" for Stuck smacks of homerism when Knight gets a "C."

Don, you're right about Knight being special, as most "gym rats" with intelligence in this league are. It's a shame that there is no one on or around the Pistons that can teach him the fine points of playing professional level PG. Not sure that a veteran coming in, to mentor, is the answer either. Someone should sit him down this summer to watch the archive film on Kevin Porter and Isiah Thomas; that should help more than Dee Brown and Lil' Larry, I would think. As far as Stuckey goes, IMHO, he'll never get over his need to be the "hero," and just settle down and be a good soldier. He's good, but he doesn't have hero talent.

Grizz, at this point do you blame Singler or his agent for not wanting to come to Detroit? He's an interior/wing player who can see that it's an unsettled and chaotic situation in the "D," in the area where he'd be starting his pro career. Just as a fish stinks from the head down, so does the organization of this team. The babied Jason Maxiell; there's no way he should have been featured in such a prominent role this season. After the 4-20 start the team didn't play .500 ball because of Maxiell. I mean really! Why was Damien Wilkins taking time away from Jonas Jerebko at the SF spot? Why was Wilkins even on the floor, while Vernon Macklin sat, and sat, and sat? This is the "damn foolism" at work; "Macklin was a throw away pick by Joe. He was selected #52." For a team coming off the seasons we had under Kuester, we shouldn't have been "throwing out the baby with the wash water." Marc Gasol was picked #57, so in spite of his size and skill, there'd be no place in the rotation for him if he were here? Greg Monroe needed help from a big, not a "fat," and Macklin is a big, Maxiell is a fat. Why is Daye sitting around? Then there's the high priced ankle of Charlie V all dressed up on the side line. Why hasn't Joe traded his rights? After "Coach K" why would he want to start his career playing for Lil Larry? I doubt Singler will ever be a Piston
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty DX, Total agreement with each of your very TRUE, very Insightful points .. signed Grizz

Post  Grizz Thu May 03, 2012 7:09 am

deusXango wrote:Wise, that was an awesome and honest grading of the team, compared to the lemmings who'd follow Joe to and over the edge, but I'd personally grade Stuckey and Knight "C+." Both performed well, at times, but toyed with their potential. That "B" for Stuck smacks of homerism when Knight gets a "C."

Don, you're right about Knight being special, as most "gym rats" with intelligence in this league are. It's a shame that there is no one on or around the Pistons that can teach him the fine points of playing professional level PG. Not sure that a veteran coming in, to mentor, is the answer either. Someone should sit him down this summer to watch the archive film on Kevin Porter and Isiah Thomas; that should help more than Dee Brown and Lil' Larry, I would think. As far as Stuckey goes, IMHO, he'll never get over his need to be the "hero," and just settle down and be a good soldier. He's good, but he doesn't have hero talent.

Grizz, at this point do you blame Singler or his agent for not wanting to come to Detroit? He's an interior/wing player who can see that it's an unsettled and chaotic situation in the "D," in the area where he'd be starting his pro career. Just as a fish stinks from the head down, so does the organization of this team. The babied Jason Maxiell; there's no way he should have been featured in such a prominent role this season. After the 4-20 start the team didn't play .500 ball because of Maxiell. I mean really! Why was Damien Wilkins taking time away from Jonas Jerebko at the SF spot? Why was Wilkins even on the floor, while Vernon Macklin sat, and sat, and sat? This is the "damn foolism" at work; "Macklin was a throw away pick by Joe. He was selected #52." For a team coming off the seasons we had under Kuester, we shouldn't have been "throwing out the baby with the wash water." Marc Gasol was picked #57, so in spite of his size and skill, there'd be no place in the rotation for him if he were here? Greg Monroe needed help from a big, not a "fat," and Macklin is a big, Maxiell is a fat. Why is Daye sitting around? Then there's the high priced ankle of Charlie V all dressed up on the side line. Why hasn't Joe traded his rights? After "Coach K" why would he want to start his career playing for Lil Larry? I doubt Singler will ever be a Piston

I still am mad about Macklin's role on the team this season .. Senseless waste .. as if we can afford any more of that ... All for Wilkins? Joe Dumars' tennis partner?
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next