Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
frankied
Murph
merc
Rett
Sebastian
lemonpen
Sissy1946
Grizz
cool breeze
WTF
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
16 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Guess you don't realize how important A top 10 player is

Post  WTF Sun May 06, 2012 1:30 pm

Oracle he can't help it though he claim to be this wealth of knowledge because he's involved with a Pal Team or something similar he thinks he's an expert. I think Sour Pee Boy is Goodwill's lil brother it's like he can't put 2 pennies together to back 2 cents.

If Philly was perhaps a 3 or 2 seed then you can see the Bulls perhaps losing to them. The Bulls played a faily large portion of game without Rose and still manage to get a 1 seed. It's obvious this team has choked or choking under the pressure of playing playoff games without Rose.

It's like when the team found out Rose was gone for the remainder of the playoffs they simply gave up, This is clearly about the character of this team and not talent because they still have talented players they just don't have any heart.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty @Grizz

Post  WTF Sun May 06, 2012 1:42 pm

Grizz3 wrote:Oracle ... DRose is the PG AND a MVP like player ... big hit on the Bulls, talent-wise and leadership wise .. .. 76ers play tough D and are athletic and have a pretty good head coach ... ... I am not shocked the 76ers will beat the Bulls without Rose ... Take Kevin Durant off the Thunder and replay the Mavs and who would the smart money bet on?

Grizz are you for real? That's an over-hyped theory clearly it helps to have your star player playing but with the Mavs and Thunder you're not getting an 1 and 8 seed match up either. If the Thunder was to lose Durant they still win the series. Durant was bascially a no show in games one and two and they still won. They won because other players step up when your star player is struggling or hurt.

I think you all keep missing Oracle's point when he say's no 1# seed has any business losing to an 8# seed in the first round even if their team leader is hurt. Philly was barely .500 ball club. I could see if they were facing Miami or Atlanta in the second round or ECF.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty For Real

Post  Grizz3 Sun May 06, 2012 7:40 pm

Cynic .. for real .. Lets just say the 76ers are NOT an ordinary 8th seed .. They played everyone tough and lost a lot of close games .. But the main thing .. Point Guard IS a hell of an important position .. and Rose an MVP kind of player ... No one should be surprised taking the best player off a team that they have trouble winning.. part of my original point ... No I am not surprised ... You can be though..

Grizz3

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Does Joe Dumars skip watching the playoffs knowing that watching might cause him severe depression??

Post  cool breeze Sun May 06, 2012 8:22 pm

One cannot but speculate about how Joe Dumars copes with everyone laughing at him from the other playoff teams currently playing again in the playoffs this year. After reading the comments from this forum, it is clear that all NBA fans know that you need quality players or at least one star to compete with playoff teams during playoff games. There is a huge difference from the regular season games and playoff games. Can some of your recall how embarrassing the experience was for Maxiell the last time Detroit played in the playoffs against Cleveland? Maxiell received a lot of playoff time and he was horrible. Many players would want to give the game up but Dumars came out the following year stating that he was really impressed with Maxiell's improvement especially with his accuracy with the mid range jump shot. This was Maxiell's best season as a Piston. However, my guess is that if Detroit had made the playoffs, Maxiell would have looked much like he did in that old Cleveland series. Players ramp it up in the playoffs. Maxiell cannot suddenly grow 5 inches. As a group, the Pistons cannot compete on the defensive end and could not stop any team in a 7 games series with the players currently on this roster. The best big man defender was Ben Wallace by a large margin. If any of you really watched closely for the last month of the season, Greg Monroe was not a factor and Frank could not allow him on the floor during crunch time in close games. Monroe was often caught out beyond the free throw line watching his teammates try to rebound the basketball. He looked really tired and only played hard in spurts. That would not cut it during the playoffs. You have to play hard on every possession to be successful. And I must also include Stuckey as a guy who seemed to lose his energy over the last month. Can Stuckey rise to the level of a playoff guard and play consistantly all out? I believe that Brandon Knight is one of the few Pistons who will be able to reach this elite level to excell in the playoffs.

We hosted a dinner party at our home last night which included five life long Piston fans. We were all in agreement that Joe Dumars as made so many bad decisions that the Pistons are still a horrible team but slightly better than last season. How can Dumars watch the playoffs. He must say, darn I sure blew it when I drafted Rodney White instead of Joe Johnson when Atlanta is playing. And When Denver plays, there is Affalo in the starting lineup playing defense against Kobe. So the highly rated Denver coach has decided that Affalo must be his best overall defender on a playoff caliber team. Affalo was not good enough to be a Piston in Joe's observations. How could Joe keep Affalo when he wanted his favorites, Daye, Gordon and Stuckey to get the playing time. And you can include Budinger as another guy who might have caused problems in practice when Dumars was sure that Daye would be a star in the league. It gets much worse from this point. When thinking about the number 2 overall pick owned by our Pistons, watching the playoffs with Anthony, Wade, Bosh making high energy plays, how can Dumars not quit his job with the Pistons? Knowing that any of those players could have been drafted by Detroit which would have caused other good players to want to play for the Pistons, must crush him if he cares at all about the organization now owned by Gores. There are no players in this current draft with the exception of Davis who might fit in with those three players in how they impact a team. The sad thing is that all Dumars had to do was pick up the phone and make maybe three phone calls to college head coaches to ask them who they thought should be the number 2 pick in that draft. Every coach would have said either Wade or Anthony. Instead Dumars like the mystery of a foreign guy named Darko who was the chain smoking 17 year old who had never been a key player on any team he had ever played on in his entire life. This short season was deceptive in many ways regarding the state of health of any of the NBA teams. There were too many games in a short period of time. The Pistons still didn't win very many games but some of those wins came when the other team had nothing left in the tank after playing back to back to back games on the road. For me, if Brandon Knight had not been playing I would have had a very difficult time caring one hoot about this team that Joe has created.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty THE TRUTH LIES IN BETWEEN

Post  Grizz3 Sun May 06, 2012 10:23 pm

Oracle and Cynic ... I have decided you guys have a good point .. but so did Phillip and I .. the truth lies in between .. The 89 Pistons without Thomas could have beaten the Pacers in the 1st round almost certainly ... So the point you are making is valid .. However .. there are times when the 8th seed is much better than or not that much worse than a lot of 4th seeds .. 76ers played a lot of the best teams tough before losing .. So basically, if you have a number 1 seed without its star player ... it should not be a shock if that team is WHOLELY centered around winning through that superstar who DOES IT ALL, which DRose is and at PG .. a very key position they cannot easily replace with anyone .. I mean.. it is 2009 .. and the Pistons are playing the Cavs without Lebron James .. Could they have beaten that team? I certainly would not call it impossible .. but against a balanced number 1 seed without its main star.. such as the 1989 Pistons ... very difficult ...because they had guards like Dumars to take over PG and Vinnie to start ... So, it should not always be surprising if the number one seed loses .. and for sure .. no one should worry about the Bulls roster .. . HELL .. I would trade our whole team for the Bulls even without Rose .. and the 76ers are certainly much farther along as well and would trade roster for roster in their case ..

Grizz3

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Cuben Crying about the New CBA rules. He can't play NY Yankees anymore

Post  Phil-Good Sun May 06, 2012 11:23 pm

"Mark Cuban said the constraints of the CBA prevented him from re-signing Tyson Chandler, J.J. Barea, DeShawn Stevenson and Caron Butler."

Stop BITCHING and Crying Mark. You going to have to do what the rest of us regular NBA City's do. Build A fucking team.

You can't go out and buy up everybody anymore. So stop crying like A lil bitch, draft well, build well and then come back and see what Dallas can do if your forced to do it the right way.

Or go ahead and buy up everybody and pay 12 million for a 3 million dollar contract. LOL!! lol lol

I love this new CBA. I want to see big money teams try and do it the old fashion way.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Does Joe Dumars skip watching the playoffs knowing that watching might cause him severe depression??

Post  deusXango Sun May 06, 2012 11:53 pm

Don, IMHO that without a doubt was the most stunningly accurate post you've written! It's a shame that Tom Gores can't lay eyes on it. It's also a wake up call for those who love to cheer for "bottom of the barrell" administrative effort. Bravo!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty DAILY BREAD

Post  deusXango Mon May 07, 2012 12:34 am

Dump: Wilkins, Russell Jr.,
Let Go (if he hopefully opts out): Maxiell
Do Not Resign: Wallace
Trade Bait: Prince, Daye, Bynum, Gordon,

Purpose: Clear some CAP space, acquire mid-first round draft pick in this years draft, bring in big real PG for bench support (Greivis Vasquez).
Pursue signing Omer Asik or Ian Mahinmi, if not both. Bring in Soloman Alabi.
Draft: Royce White and Jeffery Taylor

The end result is a bigger, younger, more athletic, and smarter team at all positions. Our basic building blocks of Monroe, Knight, Stuckey, and Jerebko has the complementary support they've been denied thus far. Not only would we have a starting line-up worthy of contention, but a solid rotation for Lil' Larry to put his stamp on, and overall a team that fans would come out to see play. As the team plays hard, and wins mount up, the Motor City will be back to being what we've always been about; team ball, not "me" ball. These young men will grow to enjoy playing with one another and the chemistry will be there.
After the 2004 championship the Pistons sent 4 of the 5 starters to the All-Star game; would those 4 have been voted into the game if they'd been any place else? So much for individual star power! Jelly Joe doesn't need an Allen Iverson, he just needs to stop listening to Howdy Doody's dumb ass.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty All this talk about no D-Rose and getting beat by the 8th seed...PLEASE!!

Post  Rett Mon May 07, 2012 10:10 am

Listen folks...

This is the POST season....not the reg season...as they say it's a WHOLE different ball game.

hey, it's happened before....Dallas was demolished before by Golden State....Baron Davis and team took them down!!!

Like Bill Laimbeer said last night.........it's a different game in the post season!!!!
Stuff happens!!!

It's NOT that complicated.....
facepalm

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Chad Ford

Post  Murph Mon May 07, 2012 11:25 am

In his latest mock draft, Ford has the Pistons taking John Henson. And this is what he had to say about Henson:

"Henson is a long, athletic player who can guard both small forwards and power forwards. While not strong, he is a fantastic shot-blocker who can disrupt drives and shots with his long arms and quick feet. He has yet to develop a well-defined offensive game, but most think it will come in time. He reminds scouts of Andrei Kirilenko."

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Well, I don't know about the Andrei Kirilenko comparison, but I agree with Chad Ford on everything else.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Joe Dumars’ Hippy Dippy NBA Draft Guide and Scouting Report

Post  Fennis Dembo Mon May 07, 2012 1:06 pm

Joe Dumars’ Hippy Dippy NBA Draft Guide and Scouting Report
As told to Biff Burns

Anthony Davis PF Kentucky
Reminds me of Charlie V, if only Charlie could rebound, block shots, and play defense and actually play the first 90% of the season.

Bradley Beal SG Florida
Reminds me of Ben Gordon, but his shooting percentage is higher and he does occasionally play defense.

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist SF Kentucky
Reminds me of Tayshaun Prince, but he shoots much better and doesn’t complain, whine, and carp to the officials constantly and weighs 50 pounds more than Tay.

Thomas Robinson PF Kansas
Reminds me of Will Bynum except that he is eight inches taller and ten years younger.

Tyler Zeller C North Carolina
Reminds me of Damien Wilkinson. He also has a relative that is a much better player than he is named Dominique with the Amsterdam Tokers in the Dutch League.

Austin Rivers SG Duke
Reminds me of Russell Walker Jr. His father played basketball too. You may have heard of him, Doc Rivers. He coaches some team. I’m not sure where.

Andre Drummond C Connecticut
Reminds me of Darko. He does not like playing basketball and will be grossly overpaid for not doing very much.

Harrison Barnes SF North Carolina
Reminds me of Rodney White minus all the hype, glitz, and glitter.

Perry Jones PF Baylor
Reminds me of Walter Sharpe minus the sleeping sickness, gunshot wound to the stomach, being thrown off two college teams, his arrest, and hardly ever playing in college.

Jared Sullinger PF Ohio State
Reminds me of Mateen Cleaves a terrific college player who will bomb in the pros and end up working on the Pistons’ telecasts.

John Henson PF North Carolina
Reminds me of me. He is a great basketball player on offense, defense, and special teams. He will be a really great general manager some day.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Could the Pistons have a similar roster, as OKC?

Post  Sebastian Mon May 07, 2012 5:55 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Come On Sebastian!

Westbrook and Durant (one is a franchise player for Pete's Sake) alone are light years beyond anything we have on our rosters. Comparing Knight to Westbrook are you serious. As much potential Knight may have he may never become an All-Star.

Bring that Homerism down a couple of notches and say instead we can be sitting in a position like Indiana or Philly next season which is more realistic than comparing what we have to OKC.

Knight should be better next season but he won't be a top PG next season. Monroe won't progress without the proper big.

Yo, Wise, what I had meant to say is ... I long for the days when WE are as good, again as the Thunder are now. Damn you, Joe!!! Sad Sad Sad
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Mon May 07, 2012 10:18 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:"Mark Cuban said the constraints of the CBA prevented him from re-signing Tyson Chandler, J.J. Barea, DeShawn Stevenson and Caron Butler."

Stop BITCHING and Crying Mark. You going to have to do what the rest of us regular NBA City's do. Build A fucking team.

You can't go out and buy up everybody anymore. So stop crying like A lil bitch, draft well, build well and then come back and see what Dallas can do if your forced to do it the right way.

Or go ahead and buy up everybody and pay 12 million for a 3 million dollar contract. LOL!! lol lol

I love this new CBA. I want to see big money teams try and do it the old fashion way.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if any of these big spenders cross over the sanity line to keep players... The old fat cat method of trading for an expiring and ponying up to keep them will be much tougher now.

OTOH, The MLE will be more affordable... it starts at 5 Mil with lower annual bumps and shorter length... Anthony Randolph might be a good candidate... he's just now coming into his own after be buried by Love etc.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Name Another Time It Happen

Post  WTF Tue May 08, 2012 12:53 pm

Rett wrote:Listen folks...

This is the POST season....not the reg season...as they say it's a WHOLE different ball game.

hey, it's happened before....Dallas was demolished before by Golden State....Baron Davis and team took them down!!!

Like Bill Laimbeer said last night.........it's a different game in the post season!!!!
Stuff happens!!!

It's NOT that complicated.....
facepalm

1 seeds have no business losing period to a 8 seed. Just because the Mav lose doesn't make it acceptable.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Let See What Joe Does With The New CBA

Post  WTF Tue May 08, 2012 1:41 pm

merc wrote:
Phil1980boy wrote:"Mark Cuban said the constraints of the CBA prevented him from re-signing Tyson Chandler, J.J. Barea, DeShawn Stevenson and Caron Butler."

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if any of these big spenders cross over the sanity line to keep players... The old fat cat method of trading for an expiring and ponying up to keep them will be much tougher now.

OTOH, The MLE will be more affordable... it starts at 5 Mil with lower annual bumps and shorter length... Anthony Randolph might be a good candidate... he's just now coming into his own after be buried by Love etc.

This summer will be even bigger indicator of how good of a GM Fat Joe is. With the restraints of team like Dallas, Miami, NY, LA to name a few will have with retaining talent player movemnet should be hugh throughout the league and there should be no excuse for Joe sitting on his hands either in FA or trades.

Let's see what excuses are made this summer and fall.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue May 08, 2012 11:45 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
merc wrote:

This summer will be even bigger indicator of how good of a GM Fat Joe is. With the restraints of team like Dallas, Miami, NY, LA to name a few will have with retaining talent player movemnet should be hugh throughout the league and there should be no excuse for Joe sitting on his hands either in FA or trades.

Let's see what excuses are made this summer and fall.
Agree, He can no longer afford business as usual... lord knows he's had enough time to come up with a plan.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty DRAFT PROSPECTS

Post  deusXango Wed May 09, 2012 2:22 am

Henson? Moultrie? Leonard? What about Sulinger or Zeller? How about another "dream drop" where Drummond ends up at #9 and Joe can take credit for a well thought out draft like he's been doing about Monroe and Knight? Damn picking a gump just to say we drafted a big! Best player available! We've got holes everywhere, I mean how can the best be overlooked by a team in the condition we're in?

True we need a shot blocker; an inside presence. A complimentary big to play with Monroe, and compensate for his natural inadequacy would be great, but that ain't the only flawed area of our team. Jelly Joe and Howdy Doody been getting away with sh!t because fans been playing the popularity card with certain players thus allowing the inside politics at the Palace ruin our team. Time is past for politics, popularity, and hand sitting; it's time to get down to business, and drafting the best available players this year would be a step in the right direction.

I'm not going to go into my daily rant today, but I do notice that for some reason this year superior skilled, and blessed athletes are "pushed" back in the mock drafts, and a lot of mediocre, one dimensional, and unproven players are slated to go early because of name recognition or popularity. These highly skilled players are going to end up in the hands of playoff teams; "the rich get richer, while the poor get poorer." We're not only poor in talent, but pitiful as a once upper echelon franchise. I think about the past greats of this franchise (both living and passed on) and wonder how they feel about how the fans have supported the demise of a legacy they worked, sweated, and bled to build.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty McGee: Joe should have tried harder

Post  Oracle Wed May 09, 2012 2:40 am

Did you see McGee take the Lakers apart?

If he's this good at this point, look out, this kid is big, strong, fast, and can jump out of the gym!!!

It wasn't domination, but he took LA's bigs to school and whipped their arses!

Now kobe did make it a great game, as only a true superstar can, he was hitting from downtown and everywhere else. Unfortunately for them, that's all they had.

Joe should have moved heaven and earth to get McGee, because with him, our base would be set and SOLID! Monroe & McGee could have become real terrors in the east and the NBA.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Bulls stick hands in their pants...

Post  Oracle Wed May 09, 2012 2:43 am

And found their NUTS!!!

Philly is WEAK, especially on the road, and the Bulls should have never lost to them at home!

That last game in Philly showed me that if they man up, they can beat Philly anywhere, and this game may be the start.

The Bulls can do it, but can they keep their courage up long enough... I'm referring to Boozer!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty back for more ..

Post  Grizz Wed May 09, 2012 5:56 am

Oracle wrote:And found their NUTS!!!

Philly is WEAK, especially on the road, and the Bulls should have never lost to them at home!

That last game in Philly showed me that if they man up, they can beat Philly anywhere, and this game may be the start.

The Bulls can do it, but can they keep their courage up long enough... I'm referring to Boozer!!!

Philly is weak? Dont think so .. The games I have seen them .. they may have lost but they pushed the best teams in the league to do their utmost to beat them .. The Detroit Pistons ... are weak .. The Bulls? They are now without their starting center and starting point guard .. one is a superstar and the othe is one of the best centers in the east .. I hope the Bulls pull it out .. but dont blame them if they dont .. and do respect the 76ers ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty McGee...

Post  Murph Wed May 09, 2012 8:12 am

Oracle wrote:Did you see McGee take the Lakers apart?

If he's this good at this point, look out, this kid is big, strong, fast, and can jump out of the gym!!!

It wasn't domination, but he took LA's bigs to school and whipped their arses!

Now kobe did make it a great game, as only a true superstar can, he was hitting from downtown and everywhere else. Unfortunately for them, that's all they had.

Joe should have moved heaven and earth to get McGee, because with him, our base would be set and SOLID! Monroe & McGee could have become real terrors in the east and the NBA.

Yes...McGee has been having quite a playoff series against the Lakers and Andrew Bynum, who some on this board thinks is the best center in the NBA facepalm .

Anyway, though 5 playoff games, McGee is averaging 10.4 ppg, 9.6 rpg, and 3.2 bpg...in 26 mpg. Wow.

McGee would have solved a lot of problems for us up front.

The Nuggets continue to out-maneuver Joe Dumars, like they've been doing for years now.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Affalo didn't fit into Joe Dumars master plan. McGee, Also, was not a good fit according to Joe. Isn't that great!!

Post  cool breeze Wed May 09, 2012 2:15 pm

I said it when Dumars drafted Stuckey and Affalo, that Affalo would turn out to be the keeper of that draft. Billups knew that fact and spread the word to Denver's smart management team. Oh how they made a complete fool out of Dumars. First off suckering Joe to make that stupid trade of Billups for Iverson. In Joe's world, one bonehead move is not enough. Where Dumars goes wrong most of the time is trying to stack the deck so his favorites do not have any competition for playing time. He rigged things so Affalo would not be in Detroit to compete for playing time with Stuckey, Iverson, Hamilton and Stuckey. However, it was clear as soon as Billups left the Pistons that among the guards, there was no player who had any ability or desire to play good defense or share the basketball on offense. At the time Affalo was given away by Joe, he was ready to become a trusted starter who a coach could count on for at least two positive things every game. DEFENSE-UNSELFISH TEAM FIRST PLAY is what I am talking about Piston fans. Affalo showed it while he was a player for Detroit. Who didn't see that Affalo was the best defensive guard on the team? Who doesn't know that you can't win without having at least one player who can play tough defense? I guess only Dumars doesn't know while every other GM is looking for that type of player. Who didn't know that the Bulls had to hide Ben Gordon on defense and cover up his mistakes and lack of desire to play defense but Dumars? Were teams lining up to sign Gordon even after his amazing shooting show in the playoffs before signing with Detroit? NO they were not that interested in Gordon especially knowing what his agent was asking. Was Dumars a close friend of Gordon's agent? How about Charlie V? Who didn't know about Charlie's work ethic and his hatred of posting up in the paint and playing defense? Charlie liked to gun it up from the outside. Dumars didn't bother with the facts when it came to who he had on his team before moving them off the team. He was so concerned with how Daye would adapt to the NBA that he couldn't allow Budinger to compete with Daye for playing time so why not remove that thorn in Daye's side? What will Joe do this summer with Singler? Will he continue to protect his number one draft choice once again to protect Daye's mental health or will he sign Singler and allow honest competition. When watching other teams like Indiana playing with tough minded players who have real competitive talent, it is clear that Dumars is among the worst team leaders in the NBA.

Other posters have mentioned McGee but did anyone know that McGee really wanted to play for Detroit. Dumars could have made that happen. However, Dumars was really happy that Maxiell won that starting power forward spot on the Pistons. This proved that Joe knows how to pick players. How can the owner have any confidence in Joe Dumars. This is much like "The World According To Garp". I have serious doubts that the Pistons will ever get it done in a playoffor situation with players like Stuckey, Gordon, Charlie V, Maxiell, Daye, or Bynum. Monroe has a long way to go to become an average defensive player in playoff type situations as well but there is at least a chance that he will improve and become a bit nasty in the paint. Detroit needs to start over at most positions. There needs to be a blend of the new and old. That is why I still like Prince as a Piston. Prince is consistant on defense and he is good team orientated player who does a lot of the stuff on the floor that few people notice which helps a team become successful. Knight and Jerebco are high energy guys who have big potential along with Monroe. I believe the Pistons should keep only those 4 players currently on the roster and try to trade as many of the other players as possible. I doubt that Stuckey will ever become a player who be able to play both ends of the floor as well as Affalo in a playoff series. He can play in spirts but the coach has never been able to predict which Stuckey will show up over a span of games. However, he has high trade value so move on. Knight will be the guy who will lead this team to success. Build a team around him.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed May 09, 2012 2:28 pm

Fennis Dembo wrote: Joe Dumars’ Hippy Dippy NBA Draft Guide and Scouting Report
As told to Biff Burns

Anthony Davis PF Kentucky
Reminds me of Charlie V, if only Charlie could rebound, block shots, and play defense and actually play the first 90% of the season.

Bradley Beal SG Florida
Reminds me of Ben Gordon, but his shooting percentage is higher and he does occasionally play defense.

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist SF Kentucky
Reminds me of Tayshaun Prince, but he shoots much better and doesn’t complain, whine, and carp to the officials constantly and weighs 50 pounds more than Tay.

Thomas Robinson PF Kansas
Reminds me of Will Bynum except that he is eight inches taller and ten years younger.

Tyler Zeller C North Carolina
Reminds me of Damien Wilkinson. He also has a relative that is a much better player than he is named Dominique with the Amsterdam Tokers in the Dutch League.

Austin Rivers SG Duke
Reminds me of Russell Walker Jr. His father played basketball too. You may have heard of him, Doc Rivers. He coaches some team. I’m not sure where.

Andre Drummond C Connecticut
Reminds me of Darko. He does not like playing basketball and will be grossly overpaid for not doing very much.

Harrison Barnes SF North Carolina
Reminds me of Rodney White minus all the hype, glitz, and glitter.

Perry Jones PF Baylor
Reminds me of Walter Sharpe minus the sleeping sickness, gunshot wound to the stomach, being thrown off two college teams, his arrest, and hardly ever playing in college.

Jared Sullinger PF Ohio State
Reminds me of Mateen Cleaves a terrific college player who will bomb in the pros and end up working on the Pistons’ telecasts.

John Henson PF North Carolina
Reminds me of me. He is a great basketball player on offense, defense, and special teams. He will be a really great general manager some day.

Well done Fennis! I especially liked the comparison of Walter Sharpe with Perry Jones. Henson is the best player that you listed.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty NBADRAFTNET draft picks

Post  cool breeze Wed May 09, 2012 3:06 pm

This site keeps changing Piston potential picks. For much of the season, they had Detroit taking big men and then changed in April showing Detroit to be interested in guards and small forwards. Today they list the Pistons 9th pick as Arnett Moultrie from Miss. State. Have any of you watched this guy play? Read the caption on him regarding "Weaknesses". Will Barton is listed as Detroit's 39th pick and I have watched him play several games and was impressed. Detroit's 3rd pick at number 44 is listed as Mitchell Watt. I don't know anything about this player do you?

You might wish to read what NBADRAFTNET says regarding "weaknesses" involving John Henson. Can he add the necessary weight to play at the NBA level to man the 4 position? And what do any of you think about Meyers Leonard?

My sleeper pick of this draft is Tony Wroten. I have watched that guy in person and was impressed with his athletic ability and his ability to take over games at times. He is really young but might become a really scary player in the future.

I have my doubts about most of the players in this draft. All of the bigs picked to be taken in the first round have glaring flaws and few have the ability to play adequate defense at the NBA level from the get go. Detroit will have to be lucky or trade the picks for a proven vet to support Monroe in the paint. Detroit needs improvement at the guard spots so it might be smarter to take a guard with the first pick who can play defense and has high energy if the some of the picks are not used for a trade. I was initially against any talk of trading any of the picks but I am just not sold on any of the big players outside of Davis this season.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty SAY IT ISN"T A DREAM

Post  WTF Wed May 09, 2012 4:20 pm

Heard some young ladies at work discussing something they've heard on TV that it's rumored Fat Joe will be getting the axe in the coming weeks. Boy this rocks guitar if true.

Has anyone heard anything? I can only assume not as the forum isn't lit up with JOY. I wouldn't expect to see Joey Supporters posting anything if this is true they're too busy crying in their rose colored glassess.

I can't find anything confirming this Sad
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next