Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+13
Fennis Dembo
Grizz2
lemonpen
Phil-Good
deusXango
Grizz
merc
Sebastian
cool breeze
Oracle
Murph
frankied
WTF
17 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Dumars Stroke of Genius

Post  Grizz2 Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:05 am

Oracle wrote:This kid is AWESOME!!!

His basketball instincts are superb!

Passing, blocking, you name it, he's the real deal!

Dumars made a top 20 all time best draft pick by drafting position ... Major props to him on this ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty SINGING FOR HIS SUPPER

Post  deusXango Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:31 am

Who tested, the FA waters this past summer (you know his agent put out "feelers"), but couldn't come up with anything better than one year @ $5 million from the Pistons, so, to the chagrin of fans everywhere, he chose not to opt out? Well that lazy ass is playing like a madman to keep the rumblings going that have started to bring him back next year; haven't we seen this act before? Looking closely, you'll see him getting outplayed when it counts the most (can't hang with a real PF).

Our backcourt is looking worse by the minute. WTF?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty A Good Loss?

Post  Grizz2 Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:38 am

Good to see Prince and Max playing with more energy ...I am sure Frank took them aside and said everything depends on them since they are veterans .... Singler and Drummond stood out as having played real well in a small amount of time .. The Suns are a lottery team so we missed a chance for win .. I can see some sense in starting veterans in keeping the pressure off the rooks .. but really ..no one in the NBA fears Max, Prince or Stuck (what is going on with him? ) so ... still better off developing the youth ... The longer the season goes on ... the more reason to start Singler and Drummond ... Knight would be playing better if Frank knew what he was doing ... Still want a good head coach ... Three Areas of a basketball team: (1) Roster Talent and athleticism by position (2) offensive and defensive systems and roles of players (3) effort and team chemistry ... Seeing number 2 as the major problem the Pistons face ... Just dont want Frank to ignore that it is his system and coaching decisions that count for the most ... while blaming it on the effort of the players ... Our guys gave it a great shot tonight ..Applauding their effort clap clap clap . GM and Owner .. you would be wise to find someone like Collins or Brown for a head coach ASAP and not wait any longer .. Easier said than done but ... you will be ruining your team's chemistry, and development the longer you cannot get this done ..No single person is more important to a team than the head coach .. Got a bad one? You're screwed ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty HARDEN HATERS vs STUCKEY LOVERS

Post  deusXango Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:09 am

History has been being made each time James Harden steps on the floor for the Rockets ("He don't play no defense." "He ain't worth no max deal." "He only looked that good because he was playing with Durant and Westbrook."). It looks like he's trying to lead the league in scoring. We should have got him. Another major move Dumars slept on, Mr. Gores.

I've got home team concerns and they are centered on Rodney Stuckey. We forget that he's had an undiagnosed fainting spell, that required him to miss some games, and this horrific start coupled with him holding his head tonight, gives me cause to worry. He ain't that good, but he ain't this bad either. I bash Stuckey, but I don't want anything to happen to the young man that can be prevented; I wonder if there's something serious going on that's being ignored/minumized by Joe Dumars. It could be apart of his patience practice; waiting for it to blow over.

Grizz, I don't believe in "good losses" at this level of play, but it's clear that there is room for the young'uns to come in and show what they are capable of. 3 of the 5 rookies have shown they can be trusted with minutes playing against the big boys, ain't it time to see some Middleton? Just askin'.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty I said I thought Harden was GOOD!

Post  Grizz2 Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:19 am

deusXango wrote:History has been being made each time James Harden steps on the floor for the Rockets ("He don't play no defense." "He ain't worth no max deal." "He only looked that good because he was playing with Durant and Westbrook."). It looks like he's trying to lead the league in scoring. We should have got him. Another major move Dumars slept on, Mr. Gores.

I've got home team concerns and they are centered on Rodney Stuckey. We forget that he's had an undiagnosed fainting spell, that required him to miss some games, and this horrific start coupled with him holding his head tonight, gives me cause to worry. He ain't that good, but he ain't this bad either. I bash Stuckey, but I don't want anything to happen to the young man that can be prevented; I wonder if there's something serious going on that's being ignored/minumized by Joe Dumars. It could be apart of his patience practice; waiting for it to blow over.

Grizz, I don't believe in "good losses" at this level of play, but it's clear that there is room for the young'uns to come in and show what they are capable of. 3 of the 5 rookies have shown they can be trusted with minutes playing against the big boys, ain't it time to see some Middleton? Just askin'.

DX... I said I thought Harden was good and we should take a look at him .. BUT .. 80 million for him .. I only think 2 guys are worth that money .. Durrant and LBJ .. complete superstars .. Hmmm .. Surprised by his incredible start with the Rockets . but ... and to be honest .. I am glad he is doing great .. but I do hate seeing him leave the Thunder for such big bucks .. on the other hand .. Wouldnt I do it too? So .. I think that if he backs up his play as being an NBA first teamer ... he will have proven himself and me and anyone else who didnt believe he was worth a king's ransome ... The Hawks and the Pistons though .. are not the real test as to being a superstar .. Harden may yet prove that he is just that .. I hope he does .. Makes for a more interesting NBA ..

Didnt know about Stuck's health problems .. hope he is alright .. I never thought it was his fault for playing bad ... like I have said ad nasuem .... 2 clown coaches and a switch to a position he was never suited for .. wrecked his career .. Always thought he had a great attitude and great potential ...until the Billups trade and the stupid switch from SG to PG ..... But just from the preseason you can tell he is messed up .. It it turns out to be some physical problem .. very sorry about that .. and hope he gets better soon ... Any negativity is only about how he plays on the court .. not as a person .. Glad to Linn playing great too by the way .. (whom I also wondered aloud since we needed PGs at the time why couldnt Joe have made a move to grab him before the Knicks did) .. Oh well .. Drummond is an awesome move by Joe ...
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Harden my heart?

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:33 am

deusXango wrote:History has been being made each time James Harden steps on the floor for the Rockets ("He don't play no defense." "He ain't worth no max deal." "He only looked that good because he was playing with Durant and Westbrook."). It looks like he's trying to lead the league in scoring. We should have got him. Another major move Dumars slept on, Mr. Gores.

Yeah Harden is running wild through two teams playing absolutely no defense. I just don't see him doing that against anybody that actually tries to stop him.

Still, you have to give up props for the job he's done! Very impressive, and I don't mind being wrong about him(actually I don't really care). However, I always said that I thought he could help here, and if he is as good as advertised lately, then OKC has made a huge mistake.

I don't believe in "Good Losses" either, but when it comes to rebuilding, I totally relax that belief! This was close to a good loss, but doesn't fully qualify because the Suns are a 100% lottery team, and we're supposed to be a playoff hopeful.

We should have won this game!

Singler hit a BIG shot, and that shows me that these youngsters need to play! I actually believe that Frank is coming around to recognizing this, and will slowly move them into position to take over.

However, I can't stand Frank's offensive playbook so far, but it may be because we don't have the shooters to make it work.

We've got to get Middleton some PT, and play Singler & English a lot more, because these guys can shoot!

I hear you on Stuckey, he's regressing, and something may be wrong, although I hope not.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty One more thing on the Knicks win

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:44 am

Sheed got in the game, and BAM!!!

Sheed drops a 3 pointer on the Heat!!!

With Jason Kidd & Sheed there, the Knicks actually have a shot at contending, as both of them will keep Melo in line!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Still Early ..

Post  Grizz2 Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:56 am

Oracle wrote:

Yeah Harden is running wild through two teams playing absolutely no defense. I just don't see him doing that against anybody that actually tries to stop him.

Still, you have to give up props for the job he's done! Very impressive, and I don't mind being wrong about him(actually I don't really care). However, I always said that I thought he could help here, and if he is as good as advertised lately, then OKC has made a huge mistake.

I don't believe in "Good Losses" either, but when it comes to rebuilding, I totally relax that belief! This was close to a good loss, but doesn't fully qualify because the Suns are a 100% lottery team, and we're supposed to be a playoff hopeful.

We should have won this game!

Singler hit a BIG shot, and that shows me that these youngsters need to play! I actually believe that Frank is coming around to recognizing this, and will slowly move them into position to take over.

However, I can't stand Frank's offensive playbook so far, but it may be because we don't have the shooters to make it work.

We've got to get Middleton some PT, and play Singler & English a lot more, because these guys can shoot!

I hear you on Stuckey, he's regressing, and something may be wrong, although I hope not.

Oracle .. true nuff ... Harden will be mor hard put to it when they play better teams .. but so far ...

I think the players can shoot .. but it is the system Frank is devising that is amiss ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty HORSE SHOES

Post  deusXango Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:10 am

Prince and Maxiell led the team in scoring, and the Pistons came close to winning.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Rodney Stuckey’s Shooting Woes by Biff Burns

Post  Fennis Dembo Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:33 pm

Biff Burns: You are 1 for 17, that is 5.8% shooting in the first 2 games.
Stuckey: I think I picked up a shooting virus from Charlie V. He shot 22% during the exhibition games.

Biff Burns: I’ve never heard of a shooting virus. How is that possible?
Stuckey: During a practice shoot around I accidentally used a ball that Charlie had just clanked off the backboard. I should have immediately washed my hands, but foolishly I didn’t and now I couldn’t hit the Pacific Ocean if I was standing on the Santa Monica Pier. It is definitely a shooting virus.

Biff Burns: Is there a cure?
Stuckey: Players have told me to either visit a psychiatrist or a Voodoo Queen. The psychiatrist will teach me relaxation techniques and if that doesn’t work give me a scrip for Prozac. The Voodoo Queen will cast a spell on the opposing team with chicken heads and give me some mojo juice.

Biff Burns: What’s in the mojo juice?
Stuckey: I don’t want to know, but it smells like turpentine and looks like Indian ink and she mixes it up in the sink.

Biff Burns: Would you be able to pass the NBA drug test after you ingest her elixir.
Stuckey: That would be a highly doubtful proposition, highly doubtful.
Biff Burns: Do you have any other options?

Stuckey: Yes, our trainer has had some success with other players immediately before the game downing three quick shots of Wild Turkey and a Red Bull chaser.

Biff Burns: Well good luck with whatever course of action you choose. You are after all are the team’s shooting guard and that most importantly means actually making the shots. Hopefully there will be better times in LA and Denver.
Stuckey: Hasta la vista, baby. I’ll be back.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty REALITY CHECK

Post  deusXango Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:45 pm

Greg Monroe is the best PF on the team. Why are we not recognizing that? He's being overwhelmed by 2nd tier centers (not out-played), and a continuation of being coached that way is going to damage him and his game. Just as we've not seen Monroe and Drummond on the floor together, we've not seen Monroe play PF either. Why? Is Lil' Larry coaching under some mandate handed down by Dr. Frankenstien?

Looking at last nights game I wondered why Drummond and Kravtsov weren't sent to "gang up" on Gortat, while Monroe had his way with Scola; Maxiell would have had the same effect coming off the bench that he did as a starter....13 first quarter points, and 16 for the game? I personally would have preferred that spark any place in the 2nd half as games are not won in the 1st quarter. You can dog him all you want, but Michael Beasley ain't no joke; our SF's held him in check, and played both ends of the floor real well last night. Singler and J.J. are more than sufficient. What I saw in Prince is he has some trade value still; we should use it before it's all gone. I'm now officially beating the drum for obtaining Josh Smith from Atlanta. Don't anyone start reading his mind about how he'd feel about playing SF full time; SF/PF, what's the difference? A starting frontline of Monroe, Drummond, and Smith would be absolutely awesome! I think that Smith would love playing alongside Monroe and Drummond, and he would help Drummond's game develop tremendously. He's a difference maker, and would allow us to live with bringing Maxiell back next year. Kravtsov and Maxiell would be the only bigs we'd need off the bench behind those three, and we would have the best defensive frontline in basketball. If not the best, then certainly the most intimidating.

Right now on the west coast swing, while Stuckey's game is in the toilet, I'd take a look at Middleton as a starting SG. He's athletic, a defender, and has a very reliable outside shot, plus he finishes well at the rim. Can he possibly be worse than Stuckey has been in the first two games? Oh, the Lakers are coming up, and if he holds his own against Kobe, what'll that do to Stuckey's trade value? Simple, don't trade him. Bring his ass off the bench with English, and give us a potent/reliable 4 guard rotation. If he's a real team player, he'll have no problem excepting his role on the team. Bynum? Out! If Bynum had the size of Stuckey, he'd be the answer to our SG problem, or if Stuck could only finish at the rim as effectively as Bynum, he'd be the man we all wanted him to be; one has the body, one has the game, too bad.

What does Maggette being out have to do with Kravtsov joining him on the inactive list? Can someone explain that to me, other than Lil' Larry? We need rebounding and shot-blocking, and all Maggette does is present us with another block for playing our youth. When is the benefits of having a whole training camp going to pay off? Does anyone really understand the offensive or defensive schemes being employed by the coaching staff?

Josh Smith and Tyreke Evans..Josh Smith and Tyreke Evans..Josh Smith and Tyreke Evans..Josh Smith and Tyreke Evans..Josh Smith and Tyreke Evans! Do this Joe.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty What is up with coach Frank with his comment about how impressed he was with the point guard play last night????

Post  cool breeze Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:04 pm

He has to be kidding. If he isn't, then Frank should be fired now. I became a bit worried when it became clear that coach Frank made the wrong adjustments. Is he another coach who makes up his mind in his basement the night before a game and will not change anything when the plan is not working in the actual game? That is what it looked like. I thought Piston point guards Knight and Bynum were out of control all night. Just what did Frank like about their play? They were aggressive but too aggressive to the point that they didn't take the time to see what the defense was giving them. Bynum was just down right horrible. The first minute he got in the game he gave up a layup to the man he was supposed to guard. It went downhill from their. It doesn't matter how many points Bynum racks up. He cannot run an offense. It is clear that Bynum is a brown nose and the coach has responded in a positive way. When English, Singler and Drummond arrived in the game the Pistons pulled out to a nice lead. Just what was it that Frank didn't like about English's defense? For God's sake, English is the best guard defender on this team by far.

Maybe the coach liked the fact that both English and Singler were given the death sentence by the point guards and in fact Prince and Monroe. I couldn't believe the shot selection from this team. Everytime down the court, I could clearly see English wide open on the baseline with no defender in the area. Then it happened to Singler. The other Piston players just refused to pass the ball to those players. English never did receive a pass for the entire game. Singler did receive one pass in the second half and dribbled to get space for Jerebco and passed him the basketball at the right moment so he had an easy short jump shot Then at the end of the game. Singler finally got lucky and received the ball and hit a 3 pointer. I think he got a rebound basket as well. But it is clear that any scoring by Singler and English will have to be a fluke because their teammates have shut them out. And Frank didn't see that?? During the game, why didn't the head coach tell Knight and Bynum and Monroe to look opposite because English and Singler have been wide open?

Phoenix has a horrible team and the Pistons looked like a junior high team. They played too fast and out of control. The shot selection was beyond belief. Players stopped moving without the basketball because they knew that the key players, Knight, Bynum, Monroe and Prince would not pass the basketball. They only would pass the ball to those 4 players. I makes me ill to watch Bynum bring the ball down the court. He has no idea what he is doing. And Knight is just playing way too fast trying to speed up the tempo and force things. I have supported this coaching staff and do not want to pick them appart. However, if Frank has the balls to say the he was pleased with the point guard play, that means he should be a spectator because he has no idea what is going on.

Finally, if Maxiell has to start, then play him in the first half only. He was effective in the first half but ran out of gas and was out of position most of the second half especially on defense. The bigs were bullied by inferior players in that game. The only big man who played tough was Drummond.

This team is no different than any of the previous teams in the past 4 seasons. They really look bad and perhaps the worst team in the NBA might be the Detroit Pistons.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Trademark of this Detroit Piston team - LOW BASKETBALL IQ

Post  cool breeze Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:21 pm

I have to conclude that the coaching staff and especially the head coach might only specialize in "motivation". The coaches put up signs at the Palace such has "hard work" "dedication". It is good to establish "core values" for the team but you actually have to play the basketball game. You have to use your brains. The coaches need to watch the games more closely. Can anyone who has watched the first two games not believe that this coaching staff has been outcoached? Just what went on during training camp. I can't see where the players have learned much of anything. The other scrub teams that the Pistons lost to, at least knew what they wanted to do. This Piston team just reminds me of some pick up team where none of the players have ever played together before. They are a wild and crazy group. This shows on both defense and offense. It is not fun to watch the Detroit Pistons. They really do remind me of watching a group of 12 year olds. How many times will Bynum just drive into the lane with no idea in mind at all? How about Bynum dribbling around on the perimeter until the shot clock is about to expire? Then the coach rewards Bynum. Frank says, way to go Bynum. You are aggressive.

By the way, Monroe is not an All Star player. He cannot play effective defense. He took shots that had no chance of going in the hoop. Much of the time, Monroe was left with no option but to shoot a low percentage shot. Is the goal to win games or make sure Monroe gets 15 or 20 shots a game? This Piston coaching staff is very disappointing.

It is time to fire Joe Dumars, the coaching staff and bring in Bill Laimbeer as GM and let him hire a new coaching staff.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty DON

Post  deusXango Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:01 pm

Gawd damn, why don't you tell us how you really feel?[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Don

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:17 pm

cool breeze wrote:I have to conclude that the coaching staff and especially the head coach might only specialize in "motivation". The coaches put up signs at the Palace such has "hard work" "dedication". It is good to establish "core values" for the team but you actually have to play the basketball game.

I've been seeing and saying the same things!

It's like these guys have read the press that they're the future, and think all they have to do is show up and the dimes will be crisp and clean, the shots will fall, and every set will work... WTF???

I'm not too worried about Monroe, he's a notoriously slow starter, but I did hope he'd start faster this year.

Knight needs a reality check! Yeah he's trying to push things too fast, but he also seems to underestimate the speed of NBA players, who constantly break up his passes, beat him to spots, and don't allow him the time to get off his shot the way he wants to.

I am really worried about Stuckey from two perspectives. First, he's looked horrible, even though it has allowed Knight & Monroe's play to be exposed, I've never seen him this bad. Could he miss being PG that bad, lol?

Secondly, if his play doesn't improve, it's going to be Prince & Maxiell all over again... he'll be impossible to move. Especially with Joe as the GM who over values most of his players(but lets gems like Afflalo go).

I too am still supporting the coaching staff, but it's getting harder when Frank makes statements like he did about the guard play.

So far the results have been so poor that you have to believe that both Joe and Gores are paying close attention to the situation.

The perplexing thing about Frank's remarks is that I can't figure out who those comments are aimed at?

It can't fool fans that know anything. Hell, that crap can't fool the causual fan!

The players ALL know the real deal, and that Knight, Monroe & Stuckey aren't anywhere near getting it done(the supposed leaders).

And he sure as hell isn't fooling Joe Dumars, once one of the most formidable NBA guards!

So why say stuff that makes no sense?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Let's no Panic so soon. Yes this team is bad but we got some gems.

Post  Phil-Good Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:50 pm

I did not expect much from this team anyways so I'm not shocked at what's going on.

1.Dre keep working hard and eventually break into the starting 5. I really like what I see from this kid. Very Happy

2. The Moose thinking too much! HIGH BASKETBALL IQ, Great passer. He needs to stop thinking so much and just play.

3. B.K.7 Too many bad passes. And he not seeing the floor really well. He must and he will improve on that. But Knight is as tough as A jar of nails!

4. Drafting is going well. Singlar, English, Jones Jerebko, Moose, Dre, Knight. All solid players. This has to continue. Good job by Joe and his scouting staff. The more young assets you have along with cap space the sooner you can turn your franchise around.

On the floor it looks bad. But this season is about developing the young players, staying healthy and getting ready to have some cap space.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty THE FORGOTTEN MAN

Post  deusXango Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:12 pm

#9 Andre Drummond

#39 Khris Middleton

#44 Kim English

Although Drummond is the big man we need, and seemingly, a perfect compliment for Monroe, he can't crack the starting lineup; so far he's not been able to get the time one would expect a lottery pick to get on a lottery team (three years running).

It's obvious that English is an embarrassment for a coach like Lil' Larry; he consistently brings good heady play whenever given a smattering of minutes...can't very well say the man can't play and bury him on the bench. I know he'd love to play Daye in front of English, but.....

We've got the 1st and last player taken in this years draft accounted for now what's up with the 2nd? Did Joe make a mistake? Was this a "throw away pick" that some fans talk about? What about the FA signing? What, we got too many big men? I know it's early, but man we need to get it started...play the young'uns because, the future is now!!! All the seasoned vets in the league (on the skill level of ours) are coming off the bench for their teams. What's wrong with Prince, Maxiell, and Maggette (when he's healthy) coming off the bench? Lil' Larry can't coach Oracle, and I believe you know it.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Pretty Much Agree with everything you said ..

Post  Grizz2 Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:55 pm

cool breeze wrote:I have to conclude that the coaching staff and especially the head coach might only specialize in "motivation". The coaches put up signs at the Palace such has "hard work" "dedication". It is good to establish "core values" for the team but you actually have to play the basketball game. You have to use your brains. The coaches need to watch the games more closely. Can anyone who has watched the first two games not believe that this coaching staff has been outcoached? Just what went on during training camp. I can't see where the players have learned much of anything. The other scrub teams that the Pistons lost to, at least knew what they wanted to do. This Piston team just reminds me of some pick up team where none of the players have ever played together before. They are a wild and crazy group. This shows on both defense and offense. It is not fun to watch the Detroit Pistons. They really do remind me of watching a group of 12 year olds. How many times will Bynum just drive into the lane with no idea in mind at all? How about Bynum dribbling around on the perimeter until the shot clock is about to expire? Then the coach rewards Bynum. Frank says, way to go Bynum. You are aggressive.

By the way, Monroe is not an All Star player. He cannot play effective defense. He took shots that had no chance of going in the hoop. Much of the time, Monroe was left with no option but to shoot a low percentage shot. Is the goal to win games or make sure Monroe gets 15 or 20 shots a game? This Piston coaching staff is very disappointing.

It is time to fire Joe Dumars, the coaching staff and bring in Bill Laimbeer as GM and let him hire a new coaching staff.

Don,.... Feeling your pain and your observations are right on ... It is going to get ugly ... There was a reason New Jersey started O and 16 in NJ .. Never wanted the man hired .. I think Frank is right that a good team is highly motivated .... but it is NOT just about movitvation as you pointed out . It is about knowing what the hell you are doing and having a good system ... If Dumars values his job as GM he should FIRE Frank immediately .. I prefer Laimbeer as head coach and would be happy to let Joe stay since he did NOT want to hire Frank and made some very good draft picks over the past few seasons ... but the search for a new head coach should begin immediately .. English should start over Stuckey .. Except for Frank being a horrible head coach .. I would say all our young players would develop rapidly .. So my main worry is that keeping a clown head coach around will permanently hamper the careers of players like Stuckey and Daye's were and Jmax too ..to be honest .. .. Stuckey is a head case now .. BUT THAT IS ON JOE DUMARS ...
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Trademark of this Detroit Piston team - LOW BASKETBALL IQ

Post  deusXango Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:54 pm

Don, on the serious side of things, isn't this where we've been headed since Joe Dumars put the ball in Stuckey's hands and told him the team was his? The fact that Joe didn't hire Lil' Larry means nothing, he hand picked the two preceeding clowns to destroy the mental toughness and understanding of team principals, to accomadate the knuckleheaded play of his prize pick, Rodney Stuckey. Whatever he had going for himself vanished a long time ago. The leader of the team and face of the franchise is the trademark, ie. Isiah Thomas, "Bad Boys." Ben Wallace, "Going to Work!"
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Real Talk, Ya'll ...

Post  Sebastian Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:17 am

deusXango wrote:Greg Monroe is the best PF on the team. Why are we not recognizing that? He's being overwhelmed by 2nd tier centers (not out-played), and a continuation of being coached that way is going to damage him and his game. Just as we've not seen Monroe and Drummond on the floor together, we've not seen Monroe play PF either. Why? Is Lil' Larry coaching under some mandate handed down by Dr. Frankenstien?

Looking at last nights game I wondered why Drummond and Kravtsov weren't sent to "gang up" on Gortat, while Monroe had his way with Scola; Maxiell would have had the same effect coming off the bench that he did as a starter....13 first quarter points, and 16 for the game? I personally would have preferred that spark any place in the 2nd half as games are not won in the 1st quarter. You can dog him all you want, but Michael Beasley ain't no joke; our SF's held him in check, and played both ends of the floor real well last night. Singler and J.J. are more than sufficient. What I saw in Prince is he has some trade value still; we should use it before it's all gone. I'm now officially beating the drum for obtaining Josh Smith from Atlanta. Don't anyone start reading his mind about how he'd feel about playing SF full time; SF/PF, what's the difference? A starting frontline of Monroe, Drummond, and Smith would be absolutely awesome! I think that Smith would love playing alongside Monroe and Drummond, and he would help Drummond's game develop tremendously. He's a difference maker, and would allow us to live with bringing Maxiell back next year. Kravtsov and Maxiell would be the only bigs we'd need off the bench behind those three, and we would have the best defensive frontline in basketball. If not the best, then certainly the most intimidating.

Right now on the west coast swing, while Stuckey's game is in the toilet, I'd take a look at Middleton as a starting SG. He's athletic, a defender, and has a very reliable outside shot, plus he finishes well at the rim. Can he possibly be worse than Stuckey has been in the first two games? Oh, the Lakers are coming up, and if he holds his own against Kobe, what'll that do to Stuckey's trade value? Simple, don't trade him. Bring his ass off the bench with English, and give us a potent/reliable 4 guard rotation. If he's a real team player, he'll have no problem excepting his role on the team. Bynum? Out! If Bynum had the size of Stuckey, he'd be the answer to our SG problem, or if Stuck could only finish at the rim as effectively as Bynum, he'd be the man we all wanted him to be; one has the body, one has the game, too bad.

What does Maggette being out have to do with Kravtsov joining him on the inactive list? Can someone explain that to me, other than Lil' Larry? We need rebounding and shot-blocking, and all Maggette does is present us with another block for playing our youth. When is the benefits of having a whole training camp going to pay off? Does anyone really understand the offensive or defensive schemes being employed by the coaching staff?

Josh Smith and Tyreke Evans..Josh Smith and Tyreke Evans..Josh Smith and Tyreke Evans..Josh Smith and Tyreke Evans..Josh Smith and Tyreke Evans! Do this Joe.

Folks, OUR Pistons are quickly becoming the team that all of the other 29 teams can't wait to play, while also becoming the team that other teams' fans care not to watch, when choosing to watch a team that is not their favorite team.

These two converging motivations are not good to hear, when thinking of OUR beloved Pistons. Equally as bad, OUR Pistons are becoming the butt of NBA jokes. Every jackleg NBA blogger and NBA analyst throughout the various NBA broadcast platforms, continually make disparaging comments about OUR Pistons.

Yes, folks, unfortunately this is true.

So, Joe must get off of his ass and do what General Managers do. He has got to shake this roster up. He's also has to shake some sense into L. Frank.

DX, has identified two players that would remedy the two aforementioned ills that have beset OUR Pistons. Adding Treke Evans and Josh Smith to OUR roster, tomorrow, would garner respect from the other 29 teams in the League and WE will, immediately, become a more exciting team to watch for Pistons fans and non-Piston fans, alike.

I believe that Evans and Smith can be obtained, both by Tuesday, if the following guys are offered.

To obtain Josh Smith, WE can offer them Maggette's expiring $10 million contract and Maxey's expiring $5 million. Danny Ferry, the Hawks GM has a specific job description since becoming the Hawks GM: Clear salary space for a run at Dwight Howard and Chris Paul in July 2013. The Hawks will not resign Smith, as their focus will be on Howard and Paul. So Ferry will gladly take the $15 million coming off his books, while getting two guys who may, together, be able to equal the production of Smith for the remainder of the season. The Hawks are not going anywhere with their current team, anyway, so they would probably do this trade without any hesitation.

Now, if WE were to get Smith, WE could use his expiring salary to acquire another player, but if he is able to assume the starting SF duties, score his usual 18 .ppg, 10 .rpg, and 2 .bpg, and make opposing SFs uncomfortable, then WE can resign him OURselves. Smith would be worth resigning, as he is young player with a mature career. Like some others have said, he would be a great influences on both, Monroe and Drummond. (Note: Drummond must start.)

Now, to acquire Tyreke, WE will need to give up something to coax him from the Kings. Tyreke will become a Restricted Free Agent July 1, 2013. The Kings are willing to trade Tyreke, now, because if not they would had resigned him, before the Oct. 31 deadline. I doubt very seriously that the Kings will match offers that at minimum will be very similar to what some of his Draft class peers resigned for with their respective teams, last week: Curry 4 yrs./$44 million, Derozan 4 yrs./$42 million, Ty Lawson 4 yrs./$48 million.

As a Restricted Free Agent on OUR roster, WE would be able to match the offer from other suitors. Again, the offers are going to be very similar to the aforementioned players. OUR Pistons can use Charlie V. as amnesty contract and Daye's close to $3 million to match a potential offer of $11 million from another team.

Folks, to acquire Evans from the Kings, WE will need to offer one of OUR young guys. Yes, WE will need to offer the Kings, B. Knight and Daye. The Kings would like a taller PG to start in the place of the young Zeke. Knight will still be on his rookie contract for a couple of more years, saving them money towards their cap. The Kings may or may not find any use for Daye, as Daye will be close to home (Irvine) and may find the change of venue beneficial to his game. Also, WE will need his jersey #5 for J-Smoove.

Joe get off of your ass and get these deals done, now!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

I know, you'll are saying if Knight is traded, who will be OUR starting point guard.

Folks, I believe that Stuckey is going to have to become OUR starting point guard, again. Here's the thing. Stuckey is actually a better PG than SG. His size and strength sort of gives him more of an advantage at the PG position, more so of an advantage than when playing SG position, plus shooting is not Stuckey's strength. Stuckey will most times be shorter than opposing SGs and the SGs move through too many screens for Stuckey to keep up with - Stuckey becomes easily detached from opposing SGs. Truth be told, Stuckey is a better on the ball defender than he is guarding players without the ball.

I think, also that Stuckey's assist total would pick-up with four better players on the floor. No Stuckey will never make an All-Star team, but he is a better PG than he is SG. He's fairly careful with the ball; he can in most situation overpower opposing starting PGs; and he is a more than respectable foul shooter, so he can be trusted to be on the floor in late game situations. Also, Stuckey's contract is a full $4 million dollars cheaper next season, than it is this season.

Drummond must start. Tay must become OUR sixth-man. And, the Ukraine must be placed onto the active roster. English's role must become better defined and more minutes must be given to English. (Tyreke could play some point or Tay play point forward, when English is on the floor.)

PG- Stuckey/Bynum
SG- Tyreke/English/Middleton
SF- J-Smoove/Tay/Singler
PF- Moose/Jerebko/Charlie V.
C- Dre Drummond/The Ukraine

Last edited by Sebastian on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Why I still support Frank

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:49 am

It's not because he's done a stellar job, because he hasn't.

Of course the criticism being given right now is valid, and should be voiced! However, the sample size for saying he should be fired is way too small, even if the trend lines aren't good.

Seriously, the minimum sample size, IMO, is 20 games, and even then you have to look at the overall direction of the team, not so much the record.

My feeling is that he's not the right coach for this team, but that's just a feeling, in all honesty, I'm not sure.

Since I'm not sure, I can't confidently call for his head, so at this point I'm supportive.

I'm not going to lie and say that what's been coming out of these games, and his mouth isn't disturbing, it is!

However, changing coaches this early is a MAJOR disruptor for the organization and the players, and it's something you simply don't do unless there's no other options.

My preference is that Frank make it through the season, mainly for the sake of the youngsters, and if a new coach(or GM for that matter) is needed, that we start off training camp, etc., with all new stuff.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Let's Not Under React

Post  WTF Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:32 am

Piss Boy say's 4. Drafting is going well. Singlar, English, Jones Jerebko, Moose, Dre, Knight. All solid players. This has to continue. Good job by Joe and his scouting staff. The more young assets you have along with cap space the sooner you can turn your franchise around.

Just stop it, while this group of players seem to be high on potential it is far to early to be touting them as true gems. How in the hell do you give credit to Joe and the scouting staff when Knight, Monroe and Drummond were never invited for workouts?

Those players were all accidental draft picks that fell into Joe's lap and if nature was here this would likely be the work of a somer conspiracy he came up with.

Those losing is understandable, but not while playing the likes of Bynum, Prince, and JMax at the expense of fully developing English, Simgler and Drummond.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty CHEMISTRY COACHING CLOWNS CLUELESS

Post  WTF Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:09 am

Maybe it's becuase it's still early but watching these teams rotating 4 and 5 gaurds in and out of games is insane. It just reeks of bad chemistry and becomes a formula for badly played games. Coaching at this level sucks right now, there's no teaching and a shit load of guess work.

Damn is everyone starting their top 10 draft pick except for us?

Just a thought but perhaps we were a little premature with throwing Knight to the wolves. If I had to change anything with Knight right now, it would be to ban him from every shooting the rock. I'm sitting here thinking how a coach like LB would be all in his ass right now for not averaging at a minimum 8-10 assist a game. Knight needs to slow his game down and increase his awareness in running the half-court offense. Everyone shot selection is poor because our PG play is not up to par. This is why the jury is still out on Knight.

Back to this guard thing...DAMN!...the only positions were you should be rotating more than 4 different players are is in your front-court (Meaning the freaking Center and PF spots). This is way a shorter rotation is vital to chemistry building especially at the guard positions. There is no way that there would'nt be some combination of these three English, Stuckey and Knight on the floor at all times. They got to clean up this roster up so Singler gets the start and JJ backs him up, and that those 5 rotating big consist of these five: Drummond, and Monroe starting with CV, the Ukrainian, and JJ backing up those 2.

This means dropping these ass-holes JMax, Prince, Daye, Bynum, from the roster. I don't care if it's draft picks we get back or nothing at all. This shit has to stop now as long as Joe keep sending mix signals as to where this team is heading Lil' Larry going to keep fucking up the rotations over the next 80 games.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Why I still support Frank

Post  WTF Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:32 pm

Oracle wrote:It's not because he's done a stellar job, because he hasn't.

Of course the criticism being given right now is valid, and should be voiced! However, the sample size for saying he should be fired is way too small, even if the trend lines aren't good.

Seriously, the minimum sample size, IMO, is 20 games, and even then you have to look at the overall direction of the team, not so much the record.

My feeling is that he's not the right coach for this team, but that's just a feeling, in all honesty, I'm not sure.

Since I'm not sure, I can't confidently call for his head, so at this point I'm supportive.

I'm not going to lie and say that what's been coming out of these games, and his mouth isn't disturbing, it is!

However, changing coaches this early is a MAJOR disruptor for the organization and the players, and it's something you simply don't do unless there's no other options.

My preference is that Frank make it through the season, mainly for the sake of the youngsters, and if a new coach(or GM for that matter) is needed, that we start off training camp, etc., with all new stuff.

I agree too early to be talking about firing him. I don't think he's a bad coach I just think the roster needs to be fixed so that he's not forced into making the wrong decision why a player plays. It's obvious the message he's getting is mixed while the owner is thinking playoffs and Joe spouting rebuilding and patience he won't do the right things.

Frank need to be developing his young players and not trying to get meaningless wins out of giving major minutes to Prince, Bynum and Maxiell. This smells of Kuester all over again if Joe doesn't find the balls to just unload these three players.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty New Mother-Son combination on this Piston team.

Post  cool breeze Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:21 pm

We all watched in horror the season when Piston coach Rick C. made sure his adopted son, Michael Curry started every game when he was eating Rick's cookies and Milk nursing various injuries until the very end of the season when Orlando had a 3-1 series lead and Michale stubed his big toe so Rick was forced to allow Prince in the game.

Now we have another family affair with Frank and his son,Mr. Bynum. Bynum said over the summer to ace Detroit News reporters that he liked and now understood the system that Frank had created for the Pistons. Bynum promised to make the system shine. Sure enough, Frank's plan is to have his point guards dribble around the perimeter sucking up all but a few seconds of the shot clock and then make a frantic drive into the lane fooling everyone. The fans will love it. No need to ever pass the basketball to anyone but Stuckey, Prince or Monroe if you are forced to pass. In fact it appears that Frank gave Bynum special instructions while agreeing to be his Father and life coach. Joe Dumars highly recommended a special bonding affair between coach and son and suggested vacationing in upper Montana at a Native American spiritual hot coals ritual. Frank couldn't resist chanting through the smoke, "yo Mr. B. focus my son and walk through those blazing hot coals. Your feet will not feel the burning. Just look at my smiling face. You are my son. I will take care of your playing time next fall. You can score and that will land you another good NBA contract which will be a good thing for our entire family. Nobody cares about the other details just score some points my son. And make sure that when you are in the games, do not pass the basketball to Kyle Singler or Kim English. We have other family members to protect. Once your feet recover from the 3rd degree burns, please help me put up those posters in the Palace on our core values but forget about the poster that says (share the basketball). I am a hard worker and everyone knows it especially the Detroit News reporters who I treat with free meals when my wife won't talk to me. I work at least 15 hours a day and love it. That is why I sleep during the regular season games. You are my son and I will always love and protect you." This chanting could be heard thoughout the forest. All of the animals were howling unlike all Piston fans who seem very quiet and reserved.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next